Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 280shooter
The rioting terrorists killed the COVID. Probably because they heard that it kills black disproportionately and exponentially.

We've had sushi twice, Mexican twice, and Korean twice since the riots started.

Our daughter graduated yesterday. They lined everyone up - socially distanced, mind you. Then they paraded us through the building to the graduation room. Each graduate was handed the same Diploma case for photos, handed it back to

the teacher in charge, and she handed it to the next graduate.

All of this COVID crap has been nothing more than virtue signalling. One would really have to be slow to continue to think otherwise.

No.

Liability Mitigation is the reason for the season.

I am MAGA.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The rioting terrorists killed the COVID. Probably because they heard that it kills black disproportionately and exponentially.

Our daughter graduated yesterday. They lined everyone up - socially distanced, mind you. Then they paraded us through the building to the graduation room. Each graduate was handed the same Diploma case for photos, handed it back to

All of this COVID crap has been nothing more than virtue signalling. One would really have to be slow to continue to think otherwise.

No.

The main reason for contact tracing, ya reckon ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Very relaxed in our area with tables just a bit further apart which makes things more pleasurable.
If it's anything like our area most places needed them farther apart anyway.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Went to a Mexican food place last night, with some friends. Workers were all wearing masks. They are getting more relaxed on the tables, maybe a little. Many places I still won't go to, because their "rules" take away the ambiance, and just enjoyment all together. Maybe later. Had a good meal though.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
I'm going to catch hell for this but I'm not impressed with lobster as a high dollar meal, I find it fairly tasteless compared to some better fish and if you have to dip it in a sauce to enhance the flavor it's not worth the price. I've eaten it at fancy restaurants from the California coasts down in Cabo and and straight out of the baja running a dive boat. I can eat it but not going to pay a premium for it.

Kent

I like lobster very much, but I can't accept the price that it commands.

Last edited by 5sdad; 06/07/20.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No.

I have yet to see any of this theater for the slow, that didn't have gaping and contradictory holes in their feeble attempts to hide from a virus. Think grocery store clerks and keypads.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Very relaxed in our area with tables just a bit further apart which makes things more pleasurable.
If it's anything like our area most places needed them farther apart anyway.

True.

Ain’t all bad came out of this !
Grins

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
. . . Every other table was left unoccupied, all the staff wore masks, and they asked customers to wear them till seated. Seemed strange, but I guess they are going gradually back to normal.

TRH . . . Did Red Lobster supply a mask to the customers to wear from the lobby to their seats? If not, did they turn away customers who did not have a mask?

I brought my own. Lots of the stores around here still ask people to wear them. I don't know the answer to the rest of your questions.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RemModel8
I also don't understand wait staff wearing rubber gloves. You know they ain't changing them after everything they touch, and I'm betting people aren't washing their hands near as often if wearing rubber gloves.

Another feel good measure, thanks Karen

Yep. I feel the same. In fact, I'm more concerned when I see them wearing gloves, because they may have a heightened sense of being cautious, when in fact it's far worse than just frequently washing their hands.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
We refer to it as the Crimson Crustacean! And since momma and her last sister died, we have not had to suffer thru that establishment.

+1 on the suffering if you get "good seafood" at Red Lobster. They are to seafood what CICI's is to good pizza

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Lobster is okay. But I wouldn't trade a slab of ribs from Texas Roadhouse for the biggest lobster in the tank.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BayouRover
We refer to it as the Crimson Crustacean! And since momma and her last sister died, we have not had to suffer thru that establishment.

+1 on the suffering if you get "good seafood" at Red Lobster. They are to seafood what CICI's is to good pizza

That puts you on damned thin ice with Rene and Slum here .

You’ll pay for that comment !
Grins

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BayouRover

That puts you on damned thin ice with Rene and Slum here .

You’ll pay for that comment !
Grins

Just another one of life's burdens. laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I usually don't get done with chores and back to the Red Head 'till about 8 on Saturday nights, so we usually go out for a bite. Being that we live behind the Zion curtain, they roll up the sidewalks around here by 10.

Anyway, the last three weeks or so, things have been quiet in most restaurants. Very few diners, comparatively, limited menus, rusty wait staff..... but everyone is clearly very grateful to be back at work. The masks are one of my pet peeves, I have a hard time hearing through the mask (or I'm more deaf and more skilled at lip reading than I thought....). At our usual places, it's obvious they are glad to see their regular customers coming back. I'm still tipping about double, and will keep doing that until we are back to some semblance of normal.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Corona cases around here pretty much stabilized after the first few weeks. The entire county has only recorded 37 cases since the beginning,..and I think most of them have gotten over it,..if they ever had any symptoms at all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reading this I was wondering if Red Lobster is that bad. Then I realize it has been over twenty years since I ate at one.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by krp
I'm going to catch hell for this but I'm not impressed with lobster as a high dollar meal, I find it fairly tasteless compared to some better fish and if you have to dip it in a sauce to enhance the flavor it's not worth the price. I've eaten it at fancy restaurants from the California coasts down in Cabo and and straight out of the baja running a dive boat. I can eat it but not going to pay a premium for it.

Kent

No kidding.

I recently had lobster that was flown in from Maine. It’s been years since I had any and I it was a gracious invitation so I decided to partake. It was rubbery and somewhat tasteless.

Back in the day (1980’s) I gorged myself on King crab in Kodiak for 4 years. BTW, back then they were huge and everywhere you looked on the Rock. I’ll take the Kings over lobster any day.

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'll take dungeness crab 1 time over lobster 10 times.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I’m with krp on the lobster. Never been impressed with it. Take a plate of crappie fillets anyday.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’m with krp on the lobster. Never been impressed with it. Take a plate of crappie fillets anyday.

Yes

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,739
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.