Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My newfound take is this....if 10,000 Marxists don’t need masks for their loot rallies....then the Lowe’s forklift guy is probably gonna be just fine without his.

GB1

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Lowes store here is still highly neurotic about corona. It's a big hardware, lumber, appliance store with a big garden center on one end. The garden center has its own cash register and a big bay door that opens up into the parking lot.

They won't allow anyone to enter through the bay door.

My wife was there a couple of days ago and decided to buy some potted plants that were located right outside of the bay door of the garden center.

She picked up two of them and began walking towards the checkout,..which is located about 10' inside the bay door. The woman running the checkout told her that she had to walk all the way to the main entrance of the store then enter the garden center from inside the building.

My wife just set the potted plants down where she stood and left.

Our Lowes is quite the opposite. Thankfully

Lowes has always done big business in this town. Every spring they have pallets of various bags of garden soil, compost, mulch,..all kinds of gardening and landscaping stuff. It all sells out quick.

People around here are talking about how knotheaded the Lowes is this year. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops to buy the most basic thing from them. People are finding alternatives to Lowes.

I needed some small hardware items last week and I drove 25 miles down the road to another small town to get them. They have a good, locally owned hardware store that doesn't practice nonsense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was talking my boss in Chicago

took his family out to eat, no salt/pepper, condiments on the table, menus were throw-away, paper cups, paper napkins. Utensils were metal however.

People were space apart. He said it made him realize the food at that place wasn't all that great, and he paid $200 for essentially having an indoor picnic.

He statement was he isn't going back out until the places can offer a pleasant dining experience, not a sterile one.

I've yet to go out to a restaurant, I'm not sure why other than I'm fine with a burger at the moment.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/07/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I really miss good, locally owned, hdwe stores!!!

I

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
We’ve been able to eat at a restaurant for a few weeks. Went last night again.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My favorite mom and pop hamburger joint reopened a couple three weeks ago. Little more space between, waitress wears a mask when unknowns come in, but she takes it off when we're alone in there chatting. No condiments at the table, have to ask for them.

*Has anyone come up with a name for the slick little city boy that shows up wearing a mask, skinny jeans, has a big jewish nose and head that sticks forward on his neck like a rooster?You know the type. Votes democrat, loves Bernie, feels bad about being white and tries to make black friends to assuage his guilty conscience for being a white trust fund baby. Looks down that long snout through narrow glasses at anyone not wearing a mask.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I guess the magic wind swept the bad spirits away.

Yeah. The Cuomo virus heading back home with the Gulf Stream and summer wind..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Bought the only thing worth going out to eat for is mexican, we've been twice. A couple breakfasts when the guys I'm working with want to go.

Even most lunches I wait till I get home, worked 10 hours straight yesterday on a paver job, didn't want to quit cause it's hard to get started again, wife had a big batch of fajita meat done when I got home.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
. . . Every other table was left unoccupied, all the staff wore masks, and they asked customers to wear them till seated. Seemed strange, but I guess they are going gradually back to normal.

TRH . . . Did Red Lobster supply a mask to the customers to wear from the lobby to their seats? If not, did they turn away customers who did not have a mask?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
White people still eat at red lobster....😀

Places are NASTY around here.

I’d sooner eat a “lobster” from a taco truck.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don’t understand how people can go from scared to death to eating out, in 60 days.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because the news told them it was OK.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm going to catch hell for this but I'm not impressed with lobster as a high dollar meal, I find it fairly tasteless compared to some better fish and if you have to dip it in a sauce to enhance the flavor it's not worth the price. I've eaten it at fancy restaurants from the California coasts down in Cabo and and straight out of the baja running a dive boat. I can eat it but not going to pay a premium for it.

Kent

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I also don't understand wait staff wearing rubber gloves. You know they ain't changing them after everything they touch, and I'm betting people aren't washing their hands near as often if wearing rubber gloves.

Another feel good measure, thanks Karen

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by krp
I'm going to catch hell for this but I'm not impressed with lobster as a high dollar meal, I find it fairly tasteless compared to some better fish and if you have to dip it in a sauce to enhance the flavor it's not worth the price. I've eaten it at fancy restaurants from the California coasts down in Cabo and and straight out of the baja running a dive boat. I can eat it but not going to pay a premium for it.

Kent

No kidding.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

+1

Yup.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Maybe boiling crawfish style with some Zatarain's liquid seasoning would perk them up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The rioting terrorists killed the COVID. Probably because they heard that it kills black disproportionately and exponentially.

We've had sushi twice, Mexican twice, and Korean twice since the riots started.

Our daughter graduated yesterday. They lined everyone up - socially distanced, mind you. Then they paraded us through the building to the graduation room. Each graduate was handed the same Diploma case for photos, handed it back to

the teacher in charge, and she handed it to the next graduate.

All of this COVID crap has been nothing more than virtue signalling. One would really have to be slow to continue to think otherwise.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
#Sheeple

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Very relaxed in our area with tables just a bit further apart which makes things more pleasurable.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 1,741 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,141
Posts18,523,288
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.