Home
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Excerpted from a 1911 user’s manual.

Cocked and locked only way to carry a 1911!
Originally Posted by Esox357
Cocked and locked only way to carry a 1911!

Long time Glock guy, until recently.

My daily carry is a Sig P365 XL with Romeo red dot.

However over the last two years I have aquired a number of 1911 style pistols.

I'm not an authority, but I can't imagine carrying a pistol for self defense and not having it ready to be used for its intended purpose.

Cocked and locked it is.

Thumb-break optional.

ya!

GWB
Unfortunately, not everyone agrees with youse guys, including these two (who may now be rethinking their position):

The guy whose 1911 bumped against some furniture and shot his girlfriend’s dog in the head (unknown if fatally).

The guy who, while wandering the high desert with his dog and some friends, leaned over to attend to his dog and shot off one of his testicles. Fortunately for him, his friends were able to summon a lifeflight helo to get him to a hospital.

They are out there among us, and need to be correctly informed before they can follow in these fellows’ (bloody?) footsteps.

Bumped against furniture and went off...Yeah, sure it did.
Originally Posted by GunGeek

At least that’s the girlfriend’s story. “False Half-Cock,” where the tip of the sear is precariously balanced on the tip of the half-cock notch, can behave just that way (except for the dog part).

In theory, there’s actually nothing wrong with using the half-cock notch as a safety (except that it’s clumsily slow compared to cocked and locked). In practice, however, the potential for mistakes by the average, careless user is just too great.
Are we plowing this ground again? This has ben cussed and discussed many times here.
Since you need to thumb the hammer back either way, wouldn't hammer down with a round in the chamber be safer than half cock? Cocked and locked just looks like an accidental discharge accident waiting for a place to happen. Probably the reason that I tend to carry a double action semi-auto or revolver.
Originally Posted by MOGC
Are we plowing this ground again? This has ben cussed and discussed many times here.

Then why wasn’t it discussed with the two knuckleheads mentioned in the stories?

Originally Posted by Windfall
Since you need to thumb the hammer back either way, wouldn't hammer down with a round in the chamber be safer than half cock? Cocked and locked just looks like an accidental discharge accident waiting for a place to happen. Probably the reason that I tend to carry a double action semi-auto or revolver.

With the 1911 pistol, having the hammer down or in half-cock renders both the thumb safety and grip safety completely useless and ineffective.

The act of loading the chamber on a 1911 pistol leaves the hammer in the cocked position already. So, why go through the risky procedure of lowering the hammer when the thumb safety can easily be engaged immediately instead? The thumb safety would then block both the sear and hammer (and lock the slide), while the grip safety blocks the trigger. Hence the term “cocked and locked.”

In the reports I have seen, there have been more self-shootings while carrying with the hammer fully lowered than with false half-cock discussed above. A chambered cartridge can fire when the hammer spur snags on furniture, clothing or body fat, the hammer is thereby partially withdrawn to just short of engaging the sear in the half-cock notch, and then released. Try it with a primed (but otherwise empty) cartridge case, and see. An extra-strength firing pin spring can reduce or eliminate the potential for such firings, however.

Originally Posted by Exchipy

Then why wasn’t it discussed with the two knuckleheads mentioned in the stories?

Because they aren't members here?
Originally Posted by UPhiker

So, you recognize no personal responsibility to discuss it with anyone else?

This thread is intended for those who do.

I’m betting those two still aren’t members. Why the hell should any of us feel “personal responsibility “ to rehash this age old question?

No, this thread is intended so that you can hear yourself talk about the only subject that you want to talk about. All you ever post about is "unsafe 1911s".

No, this thread is intended so that you can hear yourself talk about the only subject that you want to talk about. All you ever post about is "unsafe 1911s".

Well, it certainly isn’t intended for professed mind readers who do not recognize a need to inform the otherwise uninformed about how to safely carry a loaded 1911 pistol.

The message must reach those who need to hear it. And, who better to accomplish that than the (responsible) members here, with a little prodding once in a while.
go be a sheep dog if you want. You are wasting time with this silliness here though.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
go be a sheep dog if you want. You are wasting time with this silliness here though.

So, you see no value in this thread, whatsoever?
There will be a "Handgun Stopping Power" thread shortly. 😁😁😁
I've got a personal responsibility to properly instruct younger family members if they are shooting here. Beyond that, I mind my own business.

Charlie's 1911 had the rawhide safety cord added to prevent unintentional interference with intentional discharges.

Attached picture Charlie Miller Gat.jpg
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I've got a personal responsibility to properly instruct younger family members if they are shooting here. Beyond that, I mind my own business.

Charlie's 1911 had the rawhide safety cord added to prevent unintentional interference with intentional discharges.

Used to be some 1911’s outfitted that way in the TX Ranger Museum in Waco, TX.
Apparently it was pretty popular with the old time Rangers.
Owned 1 & shot a couple others. All had factory rounded or bobbed hammers. No way I'm thumbing it down on a live round. There's not enough purchase & I'd rather not have my thumb mangled by the slide. I don't understand why cocked & locked is debated it's the way the pistol was designed to be used.
Originally Posted by glockdoofus

So much for wanting to reach responsible members.

Or, maybe, they are just tired of you preaching at them with your holier-than-thou goofiness. Read their responses again, they know this stuff inside and out, and do NOT put their hammers on half-cock, because they already know better and don't have to have you preaching at them. I've been fooling with 1911s for over 40 years now, and I sure as hell don't need anyone to tell me not to do it.

Your own business does not include advice to friends, acquaintances and their family members?

We’ve already heard about Charlie Miller, the crusty old Ranger. But being an old lawman, by itself, does not necessarily mean a guy knows what he’s doing when it comes to guns. Take for example Bill Allard, a member of Jim Cirillo’s NYPD Stake Out Squad, who claimed 9 kills on the job, but who also accidentally shot his Podiatrist in the foot with an altered 1911 10mm during a medical exam about four years ago in Nassau County, NY.
Apparently Allard's Podiatrist didn't mess up bad enough to be number 10, but Bill still felt like teaching him a lesson.
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Apparently Allard's Podiatrist didn't mess up bad enough to be number 10, but Bill still felt like teaching him a lesson.

A painful lesson it was for them both, too, as the 10mm bullet passed through Bill’s thigh before blowing up his Podiatrist’s foot.

Goes to show that even a know-it-all “gunfighter” can still have something to learn about gun handling.

People carrying 1911s are dying at a rate orders of magnitude beyond their ability to shoot themselves. Take solace in the fact that this crisis will resolve itself shortly without our intervention.

zip, zero, nada. Since you asked.
Originally Posted by RufusG

People carrying 1911s are dying at a rate orders of magnitude beyond their ability to shoot themselves. Take solace in the fact that this crisis will resolve itself shortly without our intervention.

Wouldn’t be so sure about that. All of the 1911 self-shooters I’ve described in my posts, other than Allard, were under 40 years of age. Us geezers are not the most frequent 1911 self-shooters. It’s the M9 generation, which has had very little practical exposure to correct 1911 use, and no peers from which to learn it. It falls to us to educate them when and where we can.

Of the 489 members who have viewed this thread so far, only you and five others have cracked wise or sour. This thread is not meant for you.
Ignore it and move on.

Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Or, maybe, they are just tired of you preaching at them with your holier-than-thou goofiness. Read their responses again, they know this stuff inside and out, and do NOT put their hammers on half-cock, because they already know better and don't have to have you preaching at them. I've been fooling with 1911s for over 40 years now, and I sure as hell don't need anyone to tell me not to do it.

It’s not about you.

Of the 489 members who have viewed this thread so far, only you and four others have cracked wise or sour. This thread is not meant for you.
Ignore it and move on.

You don't have many friends, do you? I mean, being from California and living in Tennessee and everything... (make it six).

Of the 489 members who have viewed this thread so far, only you and four others have cracked wise or sour. This thread is not meant for you.
Ignore it and move on.

You don't have many friends, do you? I mean, being from California and living in Tennessee and everything... (make it six).

We don’t want to be counting the same know-it-alls twice, now do we. This ain’t the national elections.
490. And 7 now!

52 years old gave only owned a 1911 for a few years.
30 or 40 years ago I had read enough to know that a loaded
1911 was cocked and locked.

How it's done.
The established and only proper safe way to do it.
well Exchipy, I guess in the end, this thread is all about you. laughing. Enjoy talking to yourself.

A painful lesson it was for them both, too, as the 10mm bullet passed through Bill’s thigh before blowing up his Podiatrist’s foot.

Goes to show that even a know-it-all “gunfighter” can still have something to learn about gun handling.

Ok, was Bill carrying a 1911 with the hammer down on a hot chamber when he went to the podiatrist? Either way, I detect mucho irony in the podiatrist being shot in the foot.
well Exchipy, I guess in the end, this thread is all about you. laughing. Enjoy talking to yourself.

If you say so.

Ok, was Bill carrying a 1911 with the hammer down on a hot chamber when he went to the podiatrist? Either way, I detect mucho irony in the podiatrist being shot in the foot.

Don’t know how the hammer had been kept. Examination of the pistol disclosed a lighter than specified trigger pull and that the grip safety was not under any spring tension, just flopping around, enough aftermarket foolishness to let the pistol manufacturer off the hook.

The irony of the event was not lost on those concerned, except for maybe Bill and the Podiatrist.

Oh.

Excerpted from a 1911 user’s manual.

Go back to CA asshat.
that old 1911 has been thru a few wars and saved plenty lives ,its just a grand old safe pistol. COCKED AND LOCKED here !
Originally Posted by pete53
that old 1911 has been thru a few wars and saved plenty lives ,its just a grand old safe pistol. COCKED AND LOCKED here !

Be sure to pass that on for those who don’t yet know it.

Unfortunately, not everyone agrees with youse guys, including these two (who may now be rethinking their position):

The guy whose 1911 bumped against some furniture and shot his girlfriend’s dog in the head (unknown if fatally).

The guy who, while wandering the high desert with his dog and some friends, leaned over to attend to his dog and shot off one of his testicles. Fortunately for him, his friends were able to summon a lifeflight helo to get him to a hospital.

They are out there among us, and need to be correctly informed before they can follow in these fellows’ (bloody?) footsteps.

That one really sounds fishy. Mexican carry (no holster) , just stuck in his waist band with the barrel pointed down at his genitals????? I've carried Govt. Model 1911 Colt pistols for years in OWB and IWB holsters, plus shoulder holsters, and have never, ever carried the pistol where it would be pointed at my genitals.

As I said, that story sounds more than a little strange to me. frown

L.W.
After 110 years ... just let the ones that don’t know shoot themselves . Horse has been beat
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

That one really sounds fishy. Mexican carry (no holster) , just stuck in his waist band with the barrel pointed down at his genitals????? I've carried Govt. Model 1911 Colt pistols for years in OWB and IWB holsters, plus shoulder holsters, and have never, ever carried the pistol where it would be pointed at my genitals.

As I said, that story sounds more than a little strange to me. frown

L.W.

This self-shooter claimed the hammer was back with the safety on in “condition one.” He said the pistol discharged while in its holster, while both his hands were on the dog, and without the trigger being pulled. A responding Deputy Sheriff checked out the pistol and found that it and all of its safeties were functioning properly. The wound was found to be inconsistent with one of his companions shooting him. So, I expect it was either in an IWB holster worn appendix carry or an OWB holster worn Gabby Hayes style, then a deep knee bend to deal with the dog and the hammer either fully down and snagged or jarred from false half-cock.

I don't get the Cap'n Obvious stuff.

Carried a cocked and locked 1911 for a couple decades.
OWB to the side.

No big deal.

Checking a gun after an incident is good, but doesn't replicate the incident, so cannot be used to make definitive claims.
Have seen some screwups where people have sworn they didn't cause it.
Either lying or actually believing (for whatever reasons) that they didn't.

When I observed the error.

By supposedly trained people.

Gun realm or not, I just don't believe people........because most are clueless and or stupid, and some evil..........and once lawyers get involved it gets worse.

1911 went off. That about sums it up for me.

Have seen Series 80 gun fire when slide dropped and no finger in trigger.
That a known issue. Heard about it, and finally, saw it.
My current (a series 90) still wears the safety parts and has been flawless.

I carry it off to the side anyways LOL
Aint shoving any gun muzzle towards my junk.

My wife would kill me if I carried aimed at my junk.

1911"s ?
Cocked and Locked. Next question?
Personally, I'd only carry a 1911 cocked and locked in a holster that covers the firing pin. The 1911 is by no means an unsafe platform (I wouldn't have bought one otherwise), but you're still sticking a cocked autoloader in your pants.
Originally Posted by Boomer454
Personally, I'd only carry a 1911 cocked and locked in a holster that covers the firing pin. The 1911 is by no means an unsafe platform (I wouldn't have bought one otherwise), but you're still sticking a cocked autoloader in your pants.

How does a holster cover a firing pin?

Uhhh, Nope.
deleted double-tap
[quote=SargeMO]I've got a personal responsibility to properly instruct younger family members if they are shooting here. Beyond that, I mind my own business.

Your own business does not include advice to friends, acquaintances and their family members?

Absolutely not. If they want my opinion, they'll ask. If I want any advice I give to be taken seriously, I certainly don't want to come across as a self-important horse's ass with a hall monitor complex.

In case you hadn't noticed, unsolicited advice is generally about as welcome as JWs showing up on your doorstep with inspirational reading material.

Don’t know how the hammer had been kept. Examination of the pistol disclosed a lighter than specified trigger pull and that the grip safety was not under any spring tension, just flopping around, enough aftermarket foolishness to let the pistol manufacturer off the hook.

The irony of the event was not lost on those concerned, except for maybe Bill and the Podiatrist.

When did you examine his 1911?
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

When did you examine his 1911?

The examination of that pistol was not conducted by me.
Word of advice. Tennesseans do not take kindly to folks moving to Tennessee and telling them how to do things.
Originally Posted by Boomer454

How does a holster cover a firing pin?

Perhaps I worded that a bit wrong. I meant a sort of thumb break holster like this
https://i.etsystatic.com/15984877/r/il/95a538/1583876562/il_fullxfull.1583876562_k2f0.jpg
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Word of advice. Tennesseans do not take kindly to folks moving to Tennessee and telling them how to do things.

amen

I have found that good people everywhere appreciate good advice offered with the sincere intention to keep them from harm. But, I would never presume to tell ignorant jerks what to do, wherever they are, because there is simply no point to it.
Your sanctimony is epic, I'll give you that.

SargeMo said it well, "
In case you hadn't noticed, unsolicited advice is generally about as welcome as JWs showing up on your doorstep with inspirational reading material."

Now, go away and quit bothering good people.

No one appointed you to a safety advisory position. No one.
The usual suspects have repeatedly exposed themselves as ignorant jerks through their apparent delight in making abusive comments throughout the many forums of the Campfire. We have all come to know who they are, to expect abuse from them every time, and to dismiss their abusive comments accordingly.
Honestly you’re on the wrong platform for your 1911 safety education campaign.

110years ... gun guys for the majority have it sorted .

Try standing at the gun counter teaching newbs maybe ?
Originally Posted by jmd025
Honestly you’re on the wrong platform for your 1911 safety education campaign.

110years ... gun guys for the majority have it sorted.

I don’t think so. Of the 1,505 viewers of this thread, so far, I expect not all of them “have it sorted.” You self-limited your claim to “the majority,” which of course leaves the minority still in some level of need. Some viewers may have actually found the provided information useful (except for the abusive comments, that is), a few for themselves, others for passing it along to those who can use it, as opportunities to do that present themselves.

At least, that is the intention.

Whatever Cheif .of The 1500 views probably 1489 knew your rhetoric going into it and came for the chuckles

This is literally all you post . Needle is skipping

Wouldn’t be so sure about that. All of the 1911 self-shooters I’ve described in my posts, other than Allard, were under 40 years of age. Us geezers are not the most frequent 1911 self-shooters. It’s the M9 generation, which has had very little practical exposure to correct 1911 use, and no peers from which to learn it. It falls to us to educate them when and where we can.

Why do you think it is your personal responsibility to proselytize about your favorite way to carry a 1911, and why should someone listen to you? Because you were a Highway Patrolman? Are you a paid spokesman or brand ambassador for a company that sells 1911s? Do you rep for Colt, Wilson Combat, Les Baer?

Again, Why is this your personal responsibility and why should anyone listen to you?

I was not aware that the CHP issued 1911s to Patrolmen. In fact since ( if I recall right) roughly 1991 ish the CHP issued 4006 S&Ws until they upgraded a while back, but I don't recall anyone carrying a 1911.

Did you know Mr. Allard? You refer to him as Bill as if you were on a first name basis, and wrote your post as if you personally examined his gun, which you now admit that you did not. That does absolutely nothing for your credibility and in fact calls it into question.

It would lead anyone with critical thinking skills to conclude that you have been simply reading stuff on the internet and then speculating, trying to make yourself out to be some sort of subject matter expert.

In regards to Mr. Allard.

Mr Allard was 81 years old when he passed.

This comment of yours is exceedingly disrespectful.

Please feel free to post up your credentials to compare them to Mr. Allard's, whom you call the 'Know it all Gunfighter" .

Further you posted that Mr. Allard "Claimed" 9 kills on the job. He did not claim anything. His shootings were quite well documented. When you write in such a manner to discredit someone like you did, what you actually do is make yourself out to look bad.

Again, feel free to post up your credentials against Mr. Allard's.

Yes, as an elderly man he had an accidental discharge. However neither you nor I, nor anyone here on the forum know the details, though you seem more than willing to speculate and badmouth a man who got into a bunch of shootings and came out on top of every one.

You seem to have a burning desire to want to be seen as a subject matter expert.

Word of advice.

This is most definitely not the way to do it.
Fellows,

You should carry hammer down on an empty chamber on your colt pattern single action revolvers ! I know they’ve only been around for 150 some odd short years so this is a hot new tip for most of you !
A lot of folks could learn from this , like for example the numerous fellows out west that shot their toe in the upstairs room of a saloon when their hammer spur snagged a working gals bustle strap .
Whatever Cheif .of The 1500 views probably 1489 knew your rhetoric going into it and came for the chuckles

This is literally all you post . Needle is skipping

While your 1489 number may be a bit high, you may well be on to something there. But, that still leaves a few to be benefited.

While this is certainly the topic of most, but not all, of my posts on the Handguns Forum, you may not be getting out to other forums enough to see what’s there.

Mackay_Sagebrush, I’m not taking the bait.

But, you might be interested to know Allard’s reported last words, as he reached into his attache case, just before he accidentally shot himself and his Podiatrist: “Let me show you a real man’s gun.”

And just for fun, the gun I am holding used to belong to Jim Cirrillo of the NYPD Stakeout Squad.

My friend picked it up from him.

Neat piece of history.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sorry for the dirty hands, we had been doing a lot of shooting and had taken a break, and were doing the adult version of "show and tell". cool

I don't think anyone sees my very straightforward questions as "Bait".
Fellows,

You should carry hammer down on an empty chamber on your colt pattern single action revolvers ! I know they’ve only been around for 150 some odd short years so this is a hot new tip for most of you !
A lot of folks could learn from this , like for example the numerous fellows out west that shot their toe in the upstairs room of a saloon when their hammer spur snagged a working gals bustle strap .

"Why Kate, you're not wearing a bustle. How lewd." grin

But being an old lawman, by itself, does not necessarily mean a guy knows what he’s doing when it comes to guns.

You're right..................case in point is this thread.

MM

It only matters that I see it that way.

It only matters that I see it that way.

That’s right , always avoid a fight you’ll clearly lose ...
Sun Tzu
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

But being an old lawman, by itself, does not necessarily mean a guy knows what he’s doing when it comes to guns.

MM

Agreed, though probably not in the way you may have intended.

This thread has now reached the point, quite common in Campfire threads, where attempts by the usual suspects to show off for each other has ended its usefulness.

This thread has now reached the point, quite common in Campfire threads, where attempts by the usual suspects to show off for each other has ended its usefulness.

Why do you do that?

MM

Oh, I think it's exactly as I intended.

MM
The usual suspects have repeatedly exposed themselves as ignorant jerks through their apparent delight in making abusive comments throughout the many forums of the Campfire. We have all come to know who they are, to expect abuse from them every time, and to dismiss their abusive comments accordingly.

Respond to McKays comments it’ll be fun ! Inquiring minds want to know !

~ Not Sun Tzu
As a purchaser of my first auto pistol (1911) a few short weeks ago, I appreciate the information as to the function of the "half cock notch".

I have one friend who purchased a 1911 a couple years ago. I had to pull pics up on the computer to prove to him the 1911 had a thumb safety. He absolutely did not believe me.

I do not know what he thought the lever was for.

Anyhow, some of us are new members to the 1911 fraternity, and do not mind a bit of friendly advice once in a while.

So far the pistol lives in padded case. A Galco Miami Classic II is being considered for its future home.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
As a purchaser of my first auto pistol (1911) a few short weeks ago, I appreciate the information as to the function of the "half cock notch".

I have one friend who purchased a 1911 a couple years ago. I had to pull pics up on the computer to prove to him the 1911 had a thumb safety. He absolutely did not believe me.

I do not know what he thought the lever was for.

Anyhow, some of us are new members to the 1911 fraternity, and do not mind a bit of friendly advice once in a while.

So far the pistol lives in padded case. A Galco Miami Classic II is being considered for its future home.

Ah, a breath of fresh air in a storm of hostility. Thank you.

While the Galco Miami Classic is rather pricey, it’s every bit worth the money. To do substantially better would take even more money for a semi-custom rig. And, Miami Classic’s thumb strap further blocks the hammer when carrying a 1911 cocked and locked, with a superior snap fastener design which stays closed when it’s supposed to, but opens quickly and easily for the draw. So, take the plunge today. Next month, you’ll have a top notch shoulder holster rig which should be well broken-in by then, and you won’t miss the money.

All the money I’ve spent on Galco products, they should at least name a wing of their building after me.

A Galco Miami Classic II is being considered for its future home.

That's a great holster, but as you probably know, it requires some kind of cover garment when wearing it for socializing.

Also, here are a couple of tips for when you get it.

In all likelihood, the retention strap will be snug & may be hard to snap into place; if it is, wet it thoroughly & snap it into place & leave it for a couple of days to dry.............depending on how tight it is & how tight you want it, you may need to repeat the above more than once.

Likewise, the snap may also not want to release easily using only your gun hand thumb as you attempt to draw the weapon, so you may need to work on the snap a little to get it to release exactly as you want it to. Having to use both hands to get the snap to release is not a good situation to be in.

You will also want to adjust the tension adjustment screw to your liking as well.

Also, Galco makes retention tie downs (sold separately as an accessory) that attach to both the holster side & the magazine side to allow you to clip those points to your belt so that the holster & mag pouches don't swing or flop around................try it 1st w/o them for a while & decide if you are happy or not w/o the retention straps.

MM

MM

No.
Exactly in the way he intended it.

Were you ever a mall security guard?

So now you're describing your OP?

That's a great holster, but as you probably know, it requires some kind of cover garment when wearing it for socializing.

In all likelihood, the retention strap will be snug & may be hard to snap into place; if it is, wet it thoroughly & snap it into place & leave it for a couple of days to dry.............depending on how tight it is & how tight you want it, you may need to repeat the above more than once.

Likewise, the snap may also not want to release easily using only your gun hand thumb as you attempt to draw the weapon, so you may need to work on the snap a little to get it to release exactly as you want it to. Having to use both hands to get the snap to release is not a good situation to be in.

You will also want to adjust the tension adjustment screw to your liking as well.

Also, Galco makes retention tie downs (sold separately as an accessory) that attach to both the holster side & the magazine side to allow you to clip those points to your belt so that the holster & mag pouches don't swing or flop around................try it 1st w/o them for a while & decide if you are happy or not w/o the retention straps.

MM

Great recommendations there. I’ve used that same holster for years for winter carry in TX with a light jacket.
Works well for driving too.
Thanks for the holster advice. I appreciate it.

MM

I can not imagine a 1911 as any kind of "social" accessory. Especially considering we just came through six weeks of 100 degree plus temps with it around 80 degrees each morning at 6:00 AM as I step into the car for work.

From April to November, I live in Carhartt T-shirts. With buttons for dress up.

The Galco holster will serve for trips to the range, ATV rides, and just bummng around in the hills.

MM

I can not imagine a 1911 as any kind of "social" accessory. Especially considering we just came through six weeks of 100 degree plus temps with it around 80 degrees each morning at 6:00 AM as I step into the car for work.

From April to November, I live in Carhartt T-shirts. With buttons for dress up.

The Galco holster will serve for trips to the range, ATV rides, and just bummng around in the hills.

12 mos a yr for me. They are long enough to work great with any of my CCW holsters, either IWB or OWB.

It has nothing to do with hostility and everything to do with you projecting yourself as a subject matter expert and wanting to teach the masses. I have spent a little bit of time teaching. A significant portion of that was in the martial use of weapons.

Any time I teach, I present to those who attend the classes a short biography of who I am and my background. That way they know who is teaching them.

It matters.

There are a whole bunch of people out there who profess/pretend to be SMEs (subject matter experts), when in fact they are far from that.

So with that said, I don't think it is unreasonable for any of us to ask what your background is.

Especially if you are going to lecture a group of people whom you don't know, and state that it is your "responsibility" to teach the masses.

It is also not unreasonable to ask why it is your responsibility, and who bestowed this responsibility upon you.

It has nothing to do with hostility and everything to do with you projecting yourself as a subject matter expert and wanting to teach the masses. I have spent a little bit of time teaching. A significant portion of that was in the martial use of weapons.

Any time I teach, I present to those who attend the classes a short biography of who I am and my background. That way they know who is teaching them.

It matters.

There are a whole bunch of people out there who profess/pretend to be SMEs (subject matter experts), when in fact they are far from that.

So with that said, I don't think it is unreasonable for any of us to ask what your background is.

Especially if you are going to lecture a group of people whom you don't know, and state that it is your "responsibility" to teach the masses.

It is also not unreasonable to ask why it is your responsibility, and who bestowed this responsibility upon you.

Never mind all that, when did you earn your Eagle scout badge?
Were you an Army commissioned officer? Is that why you did not go to Brems?

Do you also text yourself and then answer those texts?
[quote=local_dirt]Do you also text yourself and then answer those texts?[/quote

I think this belongs here.

[Linked Image from pictures.gunauction.com]

I am just here for entertainment.
Chippy,

The interesting thing about all that, is nowhere in that long winded reply is there a single reference to you being a certified 1911 armorer for an agency, or holding any factory certificates that relate to the 1911. Neither basic or advanced.

Being a civilian contractor in AFG and teaching legal/paperwork matters, and watching our military do things off base, while you sit on-post is not relevant to 1911s. I know darn well you were not carrying a 1911, as I am intimately familiar with what weapons systems were on the books with DOS during your stated time frame. Attending law school is also not relevant. If this topic were about prosecuting drunks who crashed on the I-5, then some of your background would be relevant.

18 months of active service, with most of that spent teaching MP things, then as you state, before long becoming a provost marshal investigator for the rest of your 18 months of active service, is again not relevant.

Again, nowhere in there is there documented in-depth training on the internal workings of a 1911 such as on the level that a unit armorer would receive, or even at the level of a state police armorer, such as attending the Colt 1911 armorer school. And that is just the very most basic of levels.

Nowhere is there anything about you teaching any armorer schools as an SME. If you were an SME, it is likely that you would have a resume that showed you as instructing 1911 specific classes. There is nothing.

The funny part is that a great many of us can recognize the "Baffle them with BS" schtick when we see it, and it is no surprise that when your background doesn't really measure up, you just throw out a bunch of totally irrelevant fluff to make your lack of qualifications less obvious, such as talking about watching an A-10 drop ordinance. While watching an A-10 drop bombs is cool, it has absolutely nothing to do with how a 1911 works. But as you know throwing out fluff to mask facts (such as lack of creds in this case), is something that attorneys do.

You might want to slow your roll a bit. You don't know your audience or their backgrounds. One thing is universal. Nobody like unsolicited advice, especially when it is from someone who thinks they know more than everyone one else, and comes across as "my way is the only way".

Food for thought.
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I think this belongs here.

[Linked Image from pictures.gunauction.com]

I am just here for entertainment.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!

laugh
The world is full of people who carry handguns for a living telling people who shoot handguns for a living why carrying a handgun qualifies them to speak on shooting a handgun.

It does not.

you're really too dumb to own a firearm
Originally Posted by gitem_12

you're really too dumb to own a firearm
I'm still waiting for him to answer why his son had a bunch of money in his room and how the criminals knew about it.
I think the story about his son started out as bull cookies and has just grown from that.
Chippy,

The interesting thing about all that, is nowhere in that long winded reply is there a single reference to you being a certified 1911 armorer for an agency, or holding any factory certificates that relate to the 1911. Neither basic or advanced.

Being a civilian contractor in AFG and teaching legal/paperwork matters, and watching our military do things off base, while you sit on-post is not relevant to 1911s. I know darn well you were not carrying a 1911, as I am intimately familiar with what weapons systems were on the books with DOS during your stated time frame. Attending law school is also not relevant. If this topic were about prosecuting drunks who crashed on the I-5, then some of your background would be relevant.

18 months of active service, with most of that spent teaching MP things, then as you state, before long becoming a provost marshal investigator for the rest of your 18 months of active service, is again not relevant.

Again, nowhere in there is there documented in-depth training on the internal workings of a 1911 such as on the level that a unit armorer would receive, or even at the level of a state police armorer, such as attending the Colt 1911 armorer school. And that is just the very most basic of levels.

Nowhere is there anything about you teaching any armorer schools as an SME. If you were an SME, it is likely that you would have a resume that showed you as instructing 1911 specific classes. There is nothing.

The funny part is that a great many of us can recognize the "Baffle them with BS" schtick when we see it, and it is no surprise that when your background doesn't really measure up, you just throw out a bunch of totally irrelevant fluff to make your lack of qualifications less obvious, such as talking about watching an A-10 drop ordinance. While watching an A-10 drop bombs is cool, it has absolutely nothing to do with how a 1911 works. But as you know throwing out fluff to mask facts (such as lack of creds in this case), is something that attorneys do.

You might want to slow your roll a bit. You don't know your audience or their backgrounds. One thing is universal. Nobody like unsolicited advice, especially when it is from someone who thinks they know more than everyone one else, and comes across as "my way is the only way".

Food for thought.

Chippy,

Food for thought.

Okay, I should have known you were up to no good. There were certainly enough clues. But, hope springs eternal, and so I took your bait, even after I said I wouldn’t. That’s a horse on me.

To you, it seems, no one can acquire knowledge except through formal, documented training. So, acquiring knowledge through life experiences doesn’t count in your personal, autocratic world?

If you can identify anything I have posted on this forum which is actually false, do it now.

Otherwise, let’s get down to your real problem. Just what is the basis for your belief that you have been appointed to act as the gatekeeper for this forum on behalf of all its viewers? What qualifies you to determine for everyone else what should be said here, and by whom?

You are full of more BS than fruit cake. He just pointed out the obvious.

You try to come across as all knowing yet aren't all know and yet you act as if you are superior yet you are not.

You come across as a genuine price
Exchipy a gunfighting scholar such as yourself would be well served by researching Mac Sage's background and experience via his posting history. Your CV reveals an old remf and attorney whose background is neither current or relative to this discussion.

mike r
Chippy,

Food for thought.

Okay, I should have known you were up to no good. There were certainly enough clues. But, hope springs eternal, and so I took your bait, even after I said I wouldn’t. That’s a horse on me.

To you, it seems, no one can acquire knowledge except through formal, documented training. So, acquiring knowledge through life experiences doesn’t count in your personal, autocratic world?

If you can identify anything I have posted on this forum which is actually false, do it now.

Otherwise, let’s get down to your real problem. Just what is the basis for your belief that you have been appointed to act as the gatekeeper for this forum on behalf of all its viewers? What qualifies you to determine for everyone else what should be said here, and by whom?

Chippy.

I am not the one who came onto the forum purporting to be some sort of subject matter expert on 1911s, stating that it was a "personal responsibility" to educate the masses, being phenomenally self righteous in your manner.

Then you got indignant when forum members did not take kindly to being talked to in a condescending manner.

I am also not the one who went on to bad mouth an extremely experienced member of the NYPD Stakeout Squad. Bad mouthing Mr. Allard was in exceedingly poor taste, and shows the content of your character. In fact it says more about you wanting to be someone important, than it does anything negative about Mr. Allard. The fact that he has passed is also another nail in your own coffin in terms of losing credibility. Mr. Allard will forever be in the history books due to his accomplishments during his professional career. He did not need to fluff anything up.

I am the gatekeeper of me, myself, I and nobody else. The fact that you deflect and sharp shoot in order to redirect the focus away from you and your poor conduct as well as your lack of creds on the subject matter is again, quite telling.

Funny thing is that speaking of DOS (Department of State), you don't even have the minimal qualifications to even APPLY for an armorer job. Let alone teach on the subject matter. crazy
Having class and teaching a class aint the same thing LOL

Sure some may have both.

Most don't have either.
In reference to the choice of the MC holster. Wearing a horizontally oriented shoulder holster containing a loaded firearm causes you point a loaded firearm at anyone to your rear and in most circumstances causes you to muzzle/sweep your self while drawing. Neither of these things receive a lot of attention in the gunworld but have caused many LE agencies and prominent training venues to discontinue their use. I did have one for my Commander but couldn't get past the above issues once I became aware of the potential problems.

Of course you could carry your 1911 w/ an empty chamber and master the "Israeli Draw"

SNORK!!!!

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Exchipy a gunfighting scholar such as yourself would be well served by researching Mac Sage's background and experience via his posting history. Your CV reveals an old remf and attorney whose background is neither current or relative to this discussion.

mike r

It's ok Mike.

Though I appreciate the kudos Friend.

My background isn't really relevant to this dumpster fire. You can have the best, worst or a middle of the road CV. What I have observed that matters more is your ability to impart information to adult learners in a way that they absorb the information and retain it. Doing so in a manner that has them wanting to learn more and pass on what they learn is even better. As you probably know, before you can instruct on anything (on the .mil/.gov side), from M24s to M9s or even cultural awareness, require prerequisite training in ALT, Adult Learning Theory. In other words, how to teach adults.

Chippy would do well to check his ego at the door and learn how to teach, if he actually wants people to hear his message.

The question is, is he in this for attention seeking reasons, because he wants to be recognized as someone important. Or is he actually interested in teaching about a particular topic. I have my own thoughts on the subject, based on his conduct.

I dont mind continual reminders at all, safety can never be thought about enough, just last November in Tanzania, i had Wife, camera guy and two game scouts behind me, PH and two trackers in front, every second thought for 14 straight days and over a hundred miles of walking was MUZZLE!.......didn't bother me a bit, in fact, over the last couple years had one old guy ask me if i knew the hammer was back on my pistol, another asked me why the hammer was cocked and in my holster, maybe these two older guys were between WW-II and Korean war Veterans, who knows, it also didn't bother me to tell each how a 1911 is supposed to be safely carried with a round in the chamber.

I didn't/don't give a flying fu-k if they liked my delivery on the matter, but now they know, i'm sure they weren't over analyzers leaking estrogen on the subject, they just didn't know.

mike r

It's ok Mike.

My background isn't really relevant to this dumpster fire. You can have the best, worst or a middle of the road CV. What I have observed that matters more is your ability to impart information to adult learners in a way that they absorb the information and retain it. Doing so in a manner that has them wanting to learn more and pass on what they learn is even better. As you probably know, before you can instruct on anything (on the .mil/.gov side), from M24s to M9s or even cultural awareness, require prerequisite training in ALT, Adult Learning Theory. In other words, how to teach adults.

Chippy would do well to check his ego at the door and learn how to teach, if he actually wants people to hear his message.

The question is, is he in this for attention seeking reasons, because he wants to be recognized as someone important. Or is he actually interested in teaching about a particular topic. I have my own thoughts on the subject, based on his conduct.

grin

mike r
I'm no subject matter expert like Chippy, but i'd say muzzle discipline is infinitely more important than carry condition. As in his "examples", if the subjects had practiced muzzle discipline they'd not be perforated. Wild how muzzle discipline applies to holstered weapons too, aint it.

That said, nothing really fires without the firing mechanism being manipulated. So theres another lack of awareness at work
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
image upload
Originally Posted by jwp475
Chippy,

Food for thought.

You try to come across as all knowing yet aren't all know and yet you act as if you are superior yet you are not.

Originally Posted by gunner500
I dont mind continual reminders at all, safety can never be thought about enough, just last November in Tanzania, i had Wife, camera guy and two game scouts behind me, PH and two trackers in front, every second thought for 14 straight days and over a hundred miles of walking was MUZZLE!.......didn't bother me a bit, in fact, over the last couple years had one old guy ask me if i knew the hammer was back on my pistol, another asked me why the hammer was cocked and in my holster, maybe these two older guys were between WW-II and Korean war Veterans, who knows, it also didn't bother me to tell each how a 1911 is supposed to be safely carried with a round in the chamber.

I didn't/don't give a flying fu-k if they liked my delivery on the matter, but now they know, i'm sure they weren't over analyzers leaking estrogen on the subject, they just didn't know.

Now, that’s what I’m talking about.
LOL, fact is, if we're blessed with enough years, we'll ALL be back to crawling on the floor, toothless and bald headed, no keys, no driving, and waiting on someone to feed us and change our diaper, memories fade, we are all getting closer to being helpless ignorant kids everyday, how i see a thread like this:

1911 safe carry.......

Read
Light bulb lit
Thanks for the reminder
Recorded and memorized

Then go on about my day.

Dad may tell me something 100 times as a kid, when he asked me about it, i best recite/run it exactly the way i was taught, if not, i got gathered up by the collar, pulled in close and had to look at and listen to The Devil! ; ]

mike r

It's ok Mike.

grin

mike r

Chippy,

Food for thought.

Even if I know absolutely nothing, and say something correct through blind luck, it is still correct.

A defining trait of liberal democrats is their constant search for new ways to be offended. Judging from the phony outrage so loudly professed here, apparently they are not the sole possessors of this trait.

This is the campfire where when you have trampled your dik you resort to calling others "liberal democrats". You sound more like an attorney w/ every post.

mike r
Chippy,

Food for thought.

Even if I know absolutely nothing, and say something correct through blind luck, it is still correct.

A defining trait of liberal democrats is their constant search for new ways to be offended. Judging from the phony outrage so loudly professed here, apparently they are not the sole possessors of this trait.

This is the campfire where when you have trampled your dik you resort to calling others "liberal democrats". You sound more like an attorney w/ every post.

mike r

Chippy,

Food for thought.

mike r

But, not incorrect though, eh?

Full of schidt though, eh.

mike r
[quote=lvmiker]

mike r[/quote

mike r

That lame crack won’t impress your troll friends much. You need to give your would-be insults more thought.

Which of you are over 70?

Thought this thread was about 1911s, I have carried a 1911 since 1958, and have managed not to shoot myself or any thing or anyone i didn't need or want to shoot, McKay Sagebrush, has my vote, this other guy sounds like he is full of SCHITT! YMMV Rio7
This whole thing sounds like a Larry Root suck in. Been chuckling pretty good.
Originally Posted by Swifty52
This whole thing sounds like a Larry Root suck in off. Been chuckling pretty good.

Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Swifty52
This whole thing sounds like a Larry Root suck in off. Been chuckling pretty good.

😀😀

I have found that good people everywhere appreciate good advice offered with the sincere intention to keep them from harm. But, I would never presume to tell ignorant jerks what to do, wherever they are, because there is simply no point to it.

There is a valid reason Tennessee was a good place to live while California was not….people like you.

mike r

That lame crack won’t impress your troll friends much. You need to give your would-be insults more thought.

He did. He called you an "attorney", but you missed that one.
Originally Posted by RIO7

Thought this thread was about 1911s, I have carried a 1911 since 1958, and have managed not to shoot myself or any thing or anyone i didn't need or want to shoot, McKay Sagebrush, has my vote, this other guy sounds like he is full of SCHITT! YMMV Rio7

Yep. Agree. And I’ve only been carrying a 1911 since 1978 🤠
Having made the mistake of reading this thread I'll admit that "pompous ass" is the first reaction that I had. "What a great safety tip" was nowhere in the top 20.

And there it is, the condescending attitude of supposed superiority. Single sentence seals it.
[quote=lvmiker]

mike r[/quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^DOUCHEBAG^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!
So the Highway Patrol cop from California is pissing everybody off, huh?
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
So the Highway Patrol cop from California is pissing everybody off, huh?

Not everybody, just those eager to be offended and their sycophants.

That's what a highway patrol cop would say.

Yessir.

You forgot to add from California.
What would you know about shooting (or police work) Blue?

You are part of the M9 Generation.

Nothing.

But I've had a LOT of highway patrol cops write me tickets. I'm well versed in their culture.
Them DPS dudes don’t budge eh😆

he's also a hell of an actor, but I dont rememebr him using an m9 in any of his three movies
There is nothing more detrimental to actual police work than a born-again Traffic Azzhole.

ETA: My apologies, Chippy. That was a little harsh. Actually traffic guys kept the rest of us freed up for important stuff like UCR Part One crimes, rescuing damsels in distress and stakeouts at the local donut shop.

In reference to the choice of the MC holster. Wearing a horizontally oriented shoulder holster containing a loaded firearm causes you point a loaded firearm at anyone to your rear and in most circumstances causes you to muzzle/sweep your self while drawing. Neither of these things receive a lot of attention in the gunworld but have caused many LE agencies and prominent training venues to discontinue their use. I did have one for my Commander but couldn't get past the above issues once I became aware of the potential problems.

Of course you could carry your 1911 w/ an empty chamber and master the "Israeli Draw"

SNORK!!!!

mike r

Israeli Draw is executed from the strong side, IWD, with no holster.....just saying...
There is nothing more detrimental to actual police work than a born-again Traffic Azzhole.

ETA: My apologies, Chippy. That was a little harsh. Actually traffic guys kept the rest of us freed up for important stuff like UCR Part One crimes, rescuing damsels in distress and stakeouts at the local donut shop.

I appreciate the thought, SargeMO. Thanks.
The thing about traffic enforcement which most don’t get is that, if it is done with enthusiasm, it gets an observant cop into a whole bunch of cars in a short amount of time, and in contact with a lot of surprised folks who are not prepared for it. While the vast majority of traffic stops result in minor corrective action and PR opportunities, the others can produce huge numbers of warrants, drugs, weapons and other on-view felony arrests, if the traffic cop is sufficiently curious and follows up on what is being observed, while employing good officer safety practices.
My beat partner and I were of the same mind about this and added an extra category to our monthly activity record sheets for bail amounts from in-custody arrests. At the end of the month, the one of us with the highest bail dollar total had his lunch paid for by the other. The sergeants hated that we were off the road so often booking bad guys at the jail, but our regular traffic activity was so much higher than other officers that they couldn’t say much. One sergeant finally noticed the extra, unidentified tallies being kept on our activity sheets, asked about it, and immediately ordered a halt to it as being “unprofessional.” We continued the practice, but no longer kept score.
As a prosecutor, I told the county’s deputies, city cops and CHP officers about this and prosecution volume began increasing noticeably.

Nothing.

But I've had a LOT of highway patrol cops write me tickets. I'm well versed in their culture.

I only have one example of their culture, but it was pretty hilarious to hear him accuse me of almost running over the car that changed lanes ahead of me and slammed on its brakes to take the exit it almost missed - while on my motorcycle. And that was after he accused me of speeding when I was passed by multiple cars just prior to his appearance. Yeah, a real rocket surgeon, that one. But the really funny part was how baffled he was by my straightforward answers to his stupid scripted questions about my residence and employment. Yeah, a real fart smeller.
I for one, and happy we have Mackay on the Fire.. When he speaks I listen.. Lots of BS artists here, but you can count on the advice he gives.. Hang in there always enjoy your stuff..
Agreed. I have not met Mackay face to face yet. Perhaps some day?

But I well understand if he has formed an opinion, you can consider it justified.
Originally Posted by RufusG

Thats awesome!
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

SNORK!!!!

mike r

Israeli Draw is executed from the strong side, IWD, with no holster.....just saying...

The Israeli draw to which I referred is carrying w/ an empty chamber and chambering a round as part of the presentation...just saying...

mike r
The Israeli draw to which I referred is carrying w/ an empty chamber and chambering a round as part of the presentation...just saying...

mike r

With Condition 3 mandatory, I practiced that presentation from a flap holster for many hours as an Army MP, while standing a solo guard post down range in the desert.

I have seen guys do that or just run tape around the grip to keep the grip safety from rattling as they walked.
Chippy is back again,

Lecturing us on the 1911..

I find it interesting that he went and eliminated his posts in this thread.

NOTE he was called out for trying to pass himself off as a subject matter expert when in fact (by his own posts that he went and later eliminated) he does not possess even the most basic of actual certifications of any kind in relation to the 1911. But there were paragraphs of fluff about going to Afghanistan and seeing airplanes in the distance drop ordnance, and teaching local Hajis how to do legal paperwork. As if that somehow is going to lend credibility on the subject of the M1911.
Chippy is back again.

So, Hotshot, you got an answer to the pending question in that other thread, or not?
Did it leave a bruise? Break the skin?
Oh no Chippy,

You are the one who feels it is your "Personal Responsibility" to tell others what to do. The fact is that no amount of pretending and BSing will make you a subject matter expert. You don't have the background.

You can fool all of the people some of time; you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can’t fool all the people all the time.”

Allegedly quoted by PT Barnum.
Oh no Chippy.

No answer from you, then. Not surprising.
Chippy is back again,

NOTE he was called out for trying to pass himself off as a subject matter expert when in fact (by his own posts that he went and later eliminated) he does not possess even the most basic of actual certifications of any kind in relation to the 1911. But there were paragraphs of fluff about going to Afghanistan and seeing airplanes in the distance drop ordnance, and teaching local Hajis how to do legal paperwork. As if that somehow is going to lend credibility on the subject of the M1911

How can this nerdy looking wing nut be expected to.have a clue?

mike r

With Condition 3 mandatory, I practiced that presentation from a flap holster for many hours as an Army MP, while standing a solo guard post down range in the desert.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣
Chippy is back again,

NOTE he was called out for trying to pass himself off as a subject matter expert when in fact (by his own posts that he went and later eliminated) he does not possess even the most basic of actual certifications of any kind in relation to the 1911. But there were paragraphs of fluff about going to Afghanistan and seeing airplanes in the distance drop ordnance, and teaching local Hajis how to do legal paperwork. As if that somehow is going to lend credibility on the subject of the M1911.

Aint been down here in the handgun forum for awhile.

So this cat lays down a buncha peanut butter.

Then goes and ghost it all .
And thinks no one would realize it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just another garden variety 24hr sockpuppet troll.

Where has glockdoofus been lately.
Hmmmmmmmm????

I went back 3 pages on my setting he was doing his therapy sessions or some other invented up schit.....
🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seems like Mr. 1 hand Revolver dead eye guy at 50 yds aint been.around in awhile.
Fughing poser ...
I F u c ked up his little world last summer and he aint been the same since.
Mr 50 yd powder burnt and embedded target guy....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You guys do realize him and slavek are the same poser right.

I love f u c king those 2 up.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oh no Chippy.

No answer from you, then. Not surprising.

I’m beginning to think you don’t have an answer.
Originally Posted by renegade50

mike r

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

"Down Range" which according to him was in the United States, in the desert. crazy

But it sounds so cool!

mike r

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

"Down Range" which according to him was in the United States, in the desert. crazy

But it sounds so cool!

👍👍👍😄😄😄😄

Guarding a porta john at NTC maybe???
Practicing Barney Fife draws and schit...
🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣

Chippy is back again,

Aint been down here in the handgun forum for awhile.

So this cat lays down a buncha peanut butter.

Then goes and ghost it all .
And thinks no one would realize it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just another garden variety 24hr sockpuppet troll.

Where has glockdoofus been lately.
Hmmmmmmmm????

I went back 3 pages on my setting he was doing his therapy sessions or some other invented up schit.....
🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seems like Mr. 1 hand Revolver dead eye guy at 50 yds aint been.around in awhile.
Fughing poser ...
I F u c ked up his little world last summer and he aint been the same since.
Mr 50 yd powder burnt and embedded target guy....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You guys do realize him and slavek are the same poser right.

I love f u c king those 2 up.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lol.
I am going to repeat what I posted earlier in the thread because it bears repeating.

You badmouthed Mr. Bill Allard from the NYPD Stakeout Squad calling him a 'Know it all Gunfighter" , a man who's reputation spoke for itself. His gunfights were very well documented. His credentials speak for themselves.

Yours don't.

Yet you feel somehow qualified to lecture us..

Keep trying.

My post from earlier.:

[i]Why do you think it is your personal responsibility to proselytize about your favorite way to carry a 1911, and why should someone listen to you? Because you were a Highway Patrolman? Are you a paid spokesman or brand ambassador for a company that sells 1911s? Do you rep for Colt, Wilson Combat, Les Baer?

Again, Why is this your personal responsibility and why should anyone listen to you?

I was not aware that the CHP issued 1911s to Patrolmen. In fact since ( if I recall right) roughly 1991 ish the CHP issued 4006 S&Ws until they upgraded a while back, but I don't recall anyone carrying a 1911.

Did you know Mr. Allard? You refer to him as Bill as if you were on a first name basis, and wrote your post as if you personally examined his gun, which you now admit that you did not. That does absolutely nothing for your credibility and in fact calls it into question.

It would lead anyone with critical thinking skills to conclude that you have been simply reading stuff on the internet and then speculating, trying to make yourself out to be some sort of subject matter expert.

In regards to Mr. Allard.

Mr Allard was 81 years old when he passed.

This comment of yours is exceedingly disrespectful.

Please feel free to post up your credentials to compare them to Mr. Allard's, whom you call the 'Know it all Gunfighter" .

Further you posted that Mr. Allard "Claimed" 9 kills on the job. He did not claim anything. His shootings were quite well documented. When you write in such a manner to discredit someone like you did, what you actually do is make yourself out to look bad.

Again, feel free to post up your credentials against Mr. Allard's.

Yes, as an elderly man he had an accidental discharge. However neither you nor I, nor anyone here on the forum know the details, though you seem more than willing to speculate and badmouth a man who got into a bunch of shootings and came out on top of every one.

You seem to have a burning desire to want to be seen as a subject matter expert.

Word of advice.

This is most definitely not the way to do it.[/i]

If you were a man of integrity, you would not have gone back and eliminated your posts, especially your curriculum vitae which you know was so weak that you had to fill it with 95% fluff about watching other people do things, and teaching paperwork procedures.

Here is a clue. it is incredibly easy to spot BS when you are actually in the business....
McKay, you fight the good fight buddy. Your patience and excellent remarks are above reproach buddy.

Thank you for calling out the dinks who really have zero to contribute, but only confuse good folks looking for info. SF, Scotty B
Eric Estrada/ ex failed chipendale is crying on the other thread.

People are picking on him...
The meanies...
Trying to spin schit like typical sockpuppet behaviour.

Boo hoo....
Dude is a little female dog....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wish we could do this to all POS sockpuppets on here.
Makes it even better when they get caught in a bunch of bullschitt they try to pull off and everyone see,s it

As a prosecutor,

Bitch promoted hisself from moron ta lawyer/prosecutor.

The innanet is a wonderful place.
Gaston Glock Settled the 1911 debate back in 1981...
Never go off Half Cocked, Kinda like going off full retard..........
😂,Poncho.

Been carrying a 1911 for nigh on 55 years, only idiots carry one not ready for action.

Maybe you need to stay on the porch, or better yet go back to whatever Liberal craphole you crawled out of and leave the business of men to men.

YOU PROB’LY SHOULDN’T BE CARRYING A GUN ya idjit (or words to that effect) 🙂

Anyways, weren’t it the Series 70 Colt 1911’s that first included a drop safety such that dropping the gun on the lowered hammer wouldn’t cause an unintentional fire?

Or maybe that modification was just against inertial fire in general.

Prob’ly someone will correct me if I err.

Chippy is back again,

NOTE he was called out for trying to pass himself off as a subject matter expert when in fact (by his own posts that he went and later eliminated) he does not possess even the most basic of actual certifications of any kind in relation to the 1911. But there were paragraphs of fluff about going to Afghanistan and seeing airplanes in the distance drop ordnance, and teaching local Hajis how to do legal paperwork. As if that somehow is going to lend credibility on the subject of the M1911

Oh Damn!

When JWP found his picture, he went in and removed it, like he removed his posts where he badmouthed various decorated veteran LEOs from the Texas Rangers and Stakeout Squad. Not to mention going back and erasing his curriculum vitae which reminded me of the cattleman's stockyard in July..

Having spent years investigating people (and hunting them), that throws some major flags!

We call that a CLUE.. LOL

laugh
Chippy is back again,

Oh Damn!

When JWP found his picture, he went in and removed it, like he removed his posts where he badmouthed various decorated veteran LEOs from the Texas Rangers and Stakeout Squad. Not to mention going back and erasing his curriculum vitae which reminded me of the cattleman's stockyard in July..

Having spent years investigating people (and hunting them), that throws some major flags!

We call that a CLUE.. LOL

laugh
damn sure would have liked to see that pic
Refreshing this so our Campfire Friends can read this thread and understand the full context of Chippy's conduct.

Note he has gone back and deleted a great many of his posts, so there is no record of what he posted.

If he had any credibility whatsoever, or could be taken as a trustworthy individual, he would not need to do such a thing.

At the end of the day, all a man has is his word.
Aww, c'mon Mackay, he just want to feel impotant...........................

Laughin' here.

MM
If I remember correctly, Bill Allard never missed a shot fired in any of his gun fights which is pretty amazing. I’ve been carrying 1911s for over 30 years and have had one negligent discharge. When I was new to them, I didn’t carry cocked and locked, and would load the chamber and lower the hammer. Well the hammer slipped and fired the gun, my thumb got hit by the recoiling slide. Never again will I try that. Now I can’t see any reason to have a single action semiautomatic in any condition other that condition one. Too easy to make a mistake getting it into the fight otherwise.
This gun design is tricky. When I replaced broken part I positioned flat spring under grip safety in wrong relation to another part the gun went off w/o grip safety being depressed. 😱
Once again, thank you for republishing my original 1911 safety message. It may help someone.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
This is why revolvers are the best carry gun.
Get a Sig p220 or an xdm if your worried about the 1911. In reality it is about the competency of the man with the weapon no matter what the weapon is.

This ground wouldn't grow a turnip, it's been plowed so much.
Never pet retards. You start petting retards pretty soon, you've got a yard full of them and every day is the Special Olympics.
© 24hourcampfire