Home
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
I am always way more of an accuracy fanatic. Maybe already have the answer in my safe. I've shot a few deer with the 10mm. I was impressed. My current 10mm are a Kimber Target in stainless. Shot a buck with it and a 180XTP handload. It's very accurate. The other is the XDm 5.25". I added a few springs and it's also very accurate.

For a time (currently also) I was hung up on wanting a 6" long slide 10. Everyone drank all the 10mil Kool Aid available. All the Flat Landers now seem to need Bear Protection in Iowa and Ohio I guess? They in general seem rather difficult to find in any flavor.

Remington made a 6" for a short time. Kimber made/makes a 6" though they're not easy to find. Enter Dan Wesson.....couple 6" options. But the price tag....wow! I am a Lefty so the few extra bucks would see warranted for the Kodiak and ambi right out of the box, as it's mandatory for me. The Bruin would be an Add On.

Springfield made a 6" for a bit, but I no longer see it listed. At 50 my eyes have faded. A large reason I am wanting a longer sight radius. A RMR may be a need addition, but not mandatory at this time. Nice, crisp adj target sights still get hit out to 50 yards for me/for now.

The Glock G40 is a No Go for me. Had one. Just couldnt like it. Yes it checks a ton of the boxes.....6" barrel. MOS ready. But to me....the real accuracy in a handgun comes from the trigger. Any plastic pistol, even after being replaced and tweaked, just doesnt have a 1911 or single action revolver type of trigger and accuracy potential.

Any die hard 10 mil fans have experience? Are the Dan Wesson 10s REALLY that accurate? Everything I read says they're put together very well. But are they accurate?

If you're the typical YouTube content creator where you test a handgun with WalMart white box at 5 yards in your pile of horse manure outside your chicken coop...you probably don't have the credentials I'm looking for.
Posted By: 79S Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
I am always way more of an accuracy fanatic. Maybe already have the answer in my safe. I've shot a few deer with the 10mm. I was impressed. My current 10mm are a Kimber Target in stainless. Shot a buck with it and a 180XTP handload. It's very accurate. The other is the XDm 5.25". I added a few springs and it's also very accurate.

For a time (currently also) I was hung up on wanting a 6" long slide 10. Everyone seems to have no drank all the 10mil Kool Aid available. All the Flat Landers now seem to need Bear Protection in Iowa and Ohio I guess? They in general seem rather difficult to find in any flavor.

Remington made a 6" for a short time. Kimber made/makes a 6" though they're not easy to find. Enter Dan Wesson.....couple 6" options. But the price tag....wow! I am a Lefty so the few extra bucks would see warranted for the Kodiak and ambi right out of the box, as it's mandatory for me. The Bruin would be an Add On.

Springfield made a 6" for a bit, but I no longer see it listed. At 50 my eyes have faded. A large reason I am wanting a longer sight radius. A RMR may be a need addition, but not mandatory at this time. Nice, crisp adj target sights still get hit out to 50 yards for me/for now.

The Glock G40 is a No Go for me. Had one. Just couldnt like it. Yes it checks a ton of the boxes.....6" barrel. MOS ready. But to me....the real accuracy in a handgun comes from the trigger. Any plastic pistol, even after being replaced and tweaked, just doesnt have a 1911 or single action revolver type of trigger and accuracy potential.

Any die hard 10 mil fans have experience? Are the Dan Wesson 10s REALLY that accurate? Everything I read says they're put together very well. But are they accurate?

If you're the typical YouTube content creator where you test a handgun with WalMart white box at 5 yards in your pile of horse manure outside your chicken coop...you probably don't have the credentials I'm looking for.

My buddy has one of those Dan Wesson 10mm $1500 dollar pistol. It will not feed the buffaloe bore 220gr ammo. But you know what pistol will my Glock 20..
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
I have a 6" Rock Island Armory Utra, single-stack, and it shoots smoothly and fairly well, at least on par with the early Delta Elite I had 30 years ago. It has LPA adjustable sights (like BoMars), and a fiber-optic front sight. It is a pig to carry, and hard to find a decent holster for (it has an under-rail for lights/doodads). It also has an ambidextrous safety, which you wanted. Out of box, it has the best trigger of the eight 1911s I have on hand right now.

This is, more or less, the same gun I have:
https://www.armscor.com/firearms-list/pro-ultra-match-6-10mm-8rd

They can be had for a lot less than MSRP, I think I paid $925 or thereabouts a year ago.
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
RIA....never considered. I will look. Thanks for the input
Posted By: TonyRumore Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
I don't know if you're stuck on having a new gun, but if not, the old Peters Stahl (Springfield) Omega's are quite accurate.
They normally bring about $1,100 or so on GunChoker and can be had in 5 or 6" lengths.

As far as new guns, I would suggest a Tanfoglio Witness Hunter. The trigger is not as good as a tuned 1911, but it is way nicer than a Glock.

Tony
Posted By: deflave Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22

For a time (currently also) I was hung up on wanting a 6" long slide 10. Everyone drank all the 10mil Kool Aid available. All the Flat Landers now seem to need Bear Protection in Iowa and Ohio I guess? They in general seem rather difficult to find in any flavor.

If you're an accuracy fanatic you might want to define what you deem accurate. "Hits" at 50yds are easily achieved if the target size is ample.

I'd also think an accuracy nut would pursue an optic before a new pistol. But the 320XTen seems to offer a nice sight radius and trigger in the same package.
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
A 6" plate at 50 would be considered accurate. At least 60% hit ratio. An 8" plate at 50 yards with 100% hit ratio. A gallon jug at 100 I would consider accurate.

Milling a 1911 slide seems to be a spendy and potentially clunky endeavor.
Posted By: pacecars Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
The most accurate 10mm I have owned other than 610s was a Dan Wesson CBOB. It shot pretty much everything well.
Posted By: deflave Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
A 6" plate at 50 would be considered accurate. At least 60% hit ratio. An 8" plate at 50 yards with 100% hit ratio. A gallon jug at 100 I would consider accurate.

Milling a 1911 slide seems to be a spendy and potentially clunky endeavor.

From a Ransom Rest, or benched, or yourself, or a shooter you don't know?
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I have a 6" Rock Island Armory Utra, single-stack, and it shoots smoothly and fairly well, at least on par with the early Delta Elite I had 30 years ago. It has LPA adjustable sights (like BoMars), and a fiber-optic front sight. It is a pig to carry, and hard to find a decent holster for (it has an under-rail for lights/doodads). It also has an ambidextrous safety, which you wanted. Out of box, it has the best trigger of the eight 1911s I have on hand right now.

They can be had for a lot less than MSRP, I think I paid $925 or thereabouts a year ago.

An RIA Model 52000 10mm HiCap with a Novak white dot front sight and a single side thumb safety, but otherwise stock:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Set up like this for 50 yards:

Produced this:

That’s 3-1/8” CTC. If it wasn’t for that one low shot, … yada, yada, yada.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/03/22
Am looking at 1911 version, w optics cut.
Just a hunting gun.

Got a Ransom rest collecting dust in the garage.
If something cool comes along maybe Ill get to do some testing.
Posted By: Azmarlin39a Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/04/22
I’ve got the Springfield Armory TRP Operator 6” 10mm. Only made for a couple years, discontinued last year. It is well machined, and finished. Very accurate with my 180 FMJ TC bullets over Longshot. It’s heavy at 45 oz empty. I carry it in the field in a Hill People Gear chest pouch. I’m glad I purchased it.
Posted By: viking Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/04/22
How about Sig?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/04/22
Originally Posted by 79S

For a time (currently also) I was hung up on wanting a 6" long slide 10. Everyone seems to have no drank all the 10mil Kool Aid available. All the Flat Landers now seem to need Bear Protection in Iowa and Ohio I guess? They in general seem rather difficult to find in any flavor.

My buddy has one of those Dan Wesson 10mm $1500 dollar pistol. It will not feed the buffaloe bore 220gr ammo. But you know what pistol will my Glock 20..

So will my Glock 40..
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/04/22
The issues with inaccurate guns are usually related to the nut behind the barrel.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/04/22
Dan Wesson Razorback, 200gr Nosler, XTP and coated hard cast from Montana Bullet Works fly better than my sorry ass will ever be able to fully realize.
Posted By: deflave Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/04/22
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

An RIA Model 52000 10mm HiCap with a Novak white dot front sight and a single side thumb safety, but otherwise stock:

Set up like this for 50 yards:

Produced this:

That’s 3-1/8” CTC. If it wasn’t for that one low shot, … yada, yada, yada.

That's some good shootin'.
Posted By: high_country_ Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/04/22
I have a rock that far exceeded my expectations for the money. Mine shot and fed better than my colt and shot better than my g21 with Dawson sights, kkm tube and trigger work.

I finally killed it after about 2k 1300fps 200gr pills and asked rock if I could buy parts. They declined and instead fitted a new slide and barrel gratis.

I'm set up to do my own machine work and really preferred to fit it myself because I have high expectations. Rock returned it in a week or two and the work was as good as can be done. Version 2.0 is silly accurate.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]pic hosting site
Posted By: Mountain10mm Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/06/22
STI made a few 10mm's over the years. I have this one. It's my most accurate, but none of the others are far behind. I will shoot a ragged 8-shot-hole off-hand at 10 yards. It also isn't picky on ammo, mild cci-blazer aluminum 200gr. to hot reloads to LHC, it shoots them all, and all of them accurately. Embarrassingly, I have to admit, it cost over $2k, and needed work out of the box. I won't even list the issues, but needless to say it took over a year to work through them. It is now my most reliable, and accurate 10.

https://secure.arnzenarms.com/produ...ble-stack-black-cerakote-tan-frame-night
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/06/22
I can't believe I clicked on the RIA website...I feel dirty. That's like buying a Taurus or KelTec isn't it? I've never made a YT video even....
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/06/22
I had an RIA ultra 10mm. I could not get it to run a full magazine without jamming. I put 200 rounds thru it and then sent it back, their CS was outstanding and I got it back in less then a week. It never jammed after that but I was still not keeping it. They are pretty darn well made, labor rates in the Philippines vs US are what makes them that low priced.
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/09/22
H&K USP in 40 and rechamber ........a few other things of course
But a very good platform
Or get a revolver....
Posted By: Slavek Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/09/22
I would get a revolver. It is much more versatile weapon in bigger caliber. I mean, in addition to holosight you can mount pistol scope on top, shoot both 10x25, 10x22 plus shot cartridges (against snakes, rodents,......). By choosing a pistol which relies on recoil momentum transferred through a spring you really limiting yourself in
terms of ammunition selection. Pistols are vastly overrated especially for folks living in good Hoods. NE Washington State is good revolver country. wink
Posted By: TheDude Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/10/22
Cant stand the G40 due to the trigger but call the XDm accurate and would buy a 6" version if available. I cant really brain that one out. Sounds like you just want a new 1911 which is reason enough. I just sold my Xdm10 in favor of the G20 but could have easily kept either one. Both are good hammers.
Posted By: TX35W Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/10/22
My G40 10mm seemed to kick much harder than my G20; it was noticeable especially against a shot timer (same ammo). Sold the 6". At least on the Glocks the higher slide mass seemed to have a negative effect but it might also have been the recoil springs. Maybe there's no difference in a 1911 platform.

Accuracy wise the longer sight radius may have made a difference but I couldn't see it at 50 yards...both guns would hold 3" at that distance, which was well as I could ever shoot them.

It also sucks to sit for long periods with the longer barrel on your hip.
Posted By: Jesse Jaymes Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/10/22
Have plenty of revolvers. Of dumping the cash I’d opt for replacing a Freedom Arms Model 83. Full throttle 454 is too much for me. But that was the finest built and most accurate handgun I’ve ever seen.

It’s on a short list
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/10/22
Originally Posted by deflave
But the 320XTen seems to offer a nice sight radius and trigger in the same package.
I'll be looking forward to someone's hands-on review of this.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/10/22
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I had an RIA ultra 10mm. I could not get it to run a full magazine without jamming. I put 200 rounds thru it and then sent it back, their CS was outstanding and I got it back in less then a week. It never jammed after that but I was still not keeping it. They are pretty darn well made, labor rates in the Philippines vs US are what makes them that low priced.

Rumor among RIA fans is to hope for an issue that requires sending a gun back. They fix whats been and go through the rest of the gun.
Better triggers and smoother function are common on return.

Talk.
Don't have one.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
Have plenty of revolvers. Of dumping the cash I’d opt for replacing a Freedom Arms Model 83. Full throttle 454 is too much for me. But that was the finest built and most accurate handgun I’ve ever seen.

It’s on a short list

You can shoot .45 LC in that gun, but since most loads are lead you would need to soak in lead solvent and scrub cylinder from lead deposits once in a while. Huge advantage of this type of gun is ability to mount handgun scope of which good number are available. I like the guys who get excited over unmagnified dot sight or couple of extra inches of blessed sight radius, funny stuff! Magnification allows one to see target better and help steady hold when one realizes how much the gun muzzle moves about. This is clearly visible under magnification, but much harder to notice with iron sight.
Posted By: deflave Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
But the 320XTen seems to offer a nice sight radius and trigger in the same package.

That's why I recommended it. LOL
Posted By: JakeDog Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
Bren Ten
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
Originally Posted by JakeDog
Bren Ten

Do you have one?
Posted By: marktheshark Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
I have a Rock Island Tac Ultra that functions and shoots plenty good enough for me on the at least 500 rds Ive put through it. Shoot my G40 MOS with an RMR alot better than my G20. Had a Springfield but as usual I couldnt get comfortable with the grip angle/bore axis or whatever the hell it is with them and it got sold like every springfield Ive ever owned.

Out of all of them I am most accurate and comfortable shooting the G40. The addition of the RMR greatly increased my accuracy with it.

Never used Buffalo Bore in 10mm but all the above function with anything Ive fed them including Underwood and Federal solid core hardcasts.
Originally Posted by jwp475
Bren Ten

Do you have one?

No
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
Originally Posted by Slavek

It’s on a short list

You can shoot .45 LC in that gun, but since most loads are lead you would need to soak in lead solvent and scrub cylinder from lead deposits once in a while. Huge advantage of this type of gun is ability to mount handgun scope of which good number are available. I like the guys who get excited over unmagnified dot sight or couple of extra inches of blessed sight radius, funny stuff! Magnification allows one to see target better and help steady hold when one realizes how much the gun muzzle moves about. This is clearly visible under magnification, but much harder to notice with iron sight.

Why do you even hang out on a gun forum? It's clearly not to learn anything, and you haven't any real experience to relate.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

That's why I recommended it. LOL
Good technique there Trav.
Bren Ten

Do you have one?

No

Then how can you recommend it as most accurate?
Posted By: Biebs Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
Here's one to try?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...dinance-elite-hunter-ls-1911-10mm#UNREAD
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
I haven't had it long enough to form any strong opinions, but I just bought one of the Smith M&P compacts in 10mm. It is accurate enough that I sold my Glock 29. I sold the Glcok 20 sometime ago because the G29 was just as accurate and would take the 15 round mags.

If nothing else the 4 lb trigger and better sights of the Smith beat the 6 lb trigger on the Glock. I won't hunt with it but will use it as a carry gun when hiking/camping in black bear country. I specifically wanted the Smith with a safety. While carried in a holster the lack of a safety never bothered me, but when in my sleeping bag at night I wouldn't keep a round chambered in the Glock. I will with the Smith.
Posted By: Biebs Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
I'd opt for a SIG 220 Legion, but then most of my semi-auto handguns are SIGs.
Originally Posted by Biebs

The Sig 220 would certainly be a contender
Bren Ten

Do you have one?

No

Then how can you recommend it as most accurate?

Because the one I had was accurate. Really, how can anyone recommend one above another unless they have owned and shot everyone made.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
Really, who can anyone recommend one above another unless they have owned and shot everyone made.

My thoughts every time I see any "What's the best" thread!
Posted By: skeen Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/11/22
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Really, who can anyone recommend one above another unless they have owned and shot everyone made.

My thoughts every time I see any "What's the best" thread!

That and what price point do you wanna play in?

What people are answering when answering which is "most accurate" or "the best" are answering with what they either own or have experience with.

To steal a line from the liberals, it's "their truth." grin
Posted By: DANS40XC Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/12/22
SIG SAUER P220 R 5 10mm

7 models available & in possession w/ DA/SA or SAO option.
Legion DA/SA
Legion SAO
Stainless SAO
Reverse 2 Tone SAO
Nitride DA/SA
Kryptec Camo Hunter SAO
Emperor Scorpion DA/SA
(last 5 models are Lipsey's Exclusive)

With a Bren,Delta,Omega,1006,1076,1086,610 in possession & shooting the 10's since the late 80's

Tupper Ware needs to stay in the cupboard where it belongs!!
Posted By: bwinters Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/12/22
Not trying to be a smart ass but - are you saying you own/owned all those models? If so, what is your recommendation?

I gave a G20 that I use for bear spray, especially when I'm among the brown growlies. But I wouldn't say I'm comfortable beyond about 30 yards with respect to accuracy from field positions. At 30 feet or less, I'm deadly grin

I'm following this discussion because I like the concept of a semi auto deer gun. And the 10mm is mild enough to shoot accurately and enough power to get the job done. I'm a fan.
Posted By: toad Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/12/22
About the same $$$ as the Sig as it sets, and eats a steady diet of smoking hot loads.

Posted By: 65BR Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/12/22
Toad - is the barrel OEM? Looks nice
It is KKM. My other 40 has one has one also. I wish the finish on the comp was a better match. Minor nit.

Posted By: JRS3 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/12/22
Anyone using a suppressor on a Glock 40?
Posted By: skeen Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/12/22
Originally Posted by Biebs

The Sig 220 would certainly be a contender

The Sig P220 Legion will get 'er done, for sure.

Is it the "most accurate 10MM"? I don't thinks it's even the most accurate 10MM semi-auto I own. And I own a bunch of 'em.

If I had to pick one, it's the NightHawk Custom GAP 10MM, but that one will set ya' back about $6k as built. Followed closely, if not in a dead heat, by the Ed Brown LS10.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: DANS40XC Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/12/22
bwinters,
Not trying to be a smart ass but - are you saying you own/owned all those models? If so, what is your recommendation?

Those listed & a few more in 1911 platforms still in possession.

Those who claim their functionality w/ a GLUCK should purchase a chronograph to verify said velocities printed on a box.

Hell a CMMG Banshee 10mm will NOT take the pressures (case bulge) that a SIG P220 R 5 10mm is capable of.

The SIG P220 R 5 10mm SAO's do NOT & can NOT be set up for SRT(Short Reset Trigger) as well as the DA/SA models.
(No matter which trigger bar &/or firing pin safety lever that's installed)

With the correct case cut to length(some require inside depth reaming)the correct primer (pocket depth cut to proper depth) & correct powder 200-220gr projectiles are capable of 14-1500fps out of a SIG P220....verified w/ a Oehler 35P chronograph.
(do not attempt the feat w/ any Tupper Ware pistol)

Upon inspection the S&W Tupper Ware 10mm platform is not an option....for me as ar Glucks or any Eastern Block CZ.
This shït cracks me up.
Posted By: skeen Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by DANS40XC
bwinters,

Those listed & a few more in 1911 platforms still in possession.

Those who claim their functionality w/ a GLUCK should purchase a chronograph to verify said velocities printed on a box.

Hell a CMMG Banshee 10mm will NOT take the pressures (case bulge) that a SIG P220 R 5 10mm is capable of.

The SIG P220 R 5 10mm SAO's do NOT & can NOT be set up for SRT(Short Reset Trigger) as well as the DA/SA models.
(No matter which trigger bar &/or firing pin safety lever that's installed)

With the correct case cut to length(some require inside depth reaming)the correct primer (pocket depth cut to proper depth) & correct powder 200-220gr projectiles are capable of 14-1500fps out of a SIG P220....verified w/ a Oehler 35P chronograph.
(do not attempt the feat w/ any Tupper Ware pistol)

Upon inspection the S&W Tupper Ware 10mm platform is not an option....for me as ar Glucks or any Eastern Block CZ.

Well, okay, I'm still in the G40 fan club. grin
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/13/22
I can't believe I clicked on the RIA website...I feel dirty. That's like buying a Taurus or KelTec isn't it? I've never made a YT video even....
I’ve owned all three brands and, no they are not the same.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/13/22
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Slavek

It’s on a short list

Why do you even hang out on a gun forum? It's clearly not to learn anything, and you haven't any real experience to relate.
She’s the only sober female poster here .sad
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/15/22
Once you’ve seen the “Glock Smile,” you’ll want to be very careful with a Glock 10mm:

https://www.classaction.org/news/gl...ber-defect-in-certain-semi-auto-handguns
Posted By: jmd025 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/15/22
Once you’ve seen the “Glock Smile,” you’ll want to be very careful with a Glock 10mm:

You should see how bad it is with your company’s brand brass ! Yowzers
Posted By: DANS40XC Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/15/22

But,they're on Gen 1,2,3,4,5ish......and still have smiles that Glucksters don't want to acknowledge or admit the issue.

Tupper Ware @ $500USD & triple the cost installing internals/barrel to improve function & accuracy.....Ignorance!!!
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/15/22
You'd think Glocks were blowing up daily. Truth be known, there are probably more G20s out there than all other brands of 10mm combined. Add in the G29s and G40s and Glock almost certainly has the lion's share of the 10mm market. I doubt Glocks go boom proportionally more than any other brand. And no doubt some instances of kabooms were reloader errors, hot factory ammo makers fault (Underwood apparently admitted to at least one high profile episode), and general ineptness of owners changing out springs, triggers, barrels and other modifications. And Sig P-series pistols are hardly immune to kabooms. Looks for them and they are there. I like Sigs and I own multiple P-series Sigs, and have owned many more than what I have now. But they've pretty much been retired in favor of Glocks.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/15/22
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
You'd think Glocks were blowing up daily. Truth be known, there are probably more G20s out there than all other brands of 10mm combined. Add in the G29s and G40s and Glock almost certainly has the lion's share of the 10mm market. I doubt Glocks go boom proportionally more than any other brand. And no doubt some instances of kabooms were reloader errors, hot factory ammo makers fault (Underwood apparently admitted to at least one high profile episode), and general ineptness of owners changing out springs, triggers, barrels and other modifications. And Sig P-series pistols are hardly immune to kabooms. Looks for them and they are there. I like Sigs and I own multiple P-series Sigs, and have owned many more than what I have now. But they've pretty much been retired in favor of Glocks.

Google 10mm kabooms and lost of Glock kabooms appear to sélect from, much more than any other brand
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/15/22

Google 10mm kabooms and lost of Glock kabooms appear to sélect from, much more than any other brand

But is it disproportional to other brands? We don't know that. If there are far more Glocks, then it seems one could expect more occurrences if things are proportional. And, we also don't know the real causes of most instances regardless of manfacturer. Only that which whoever chooses to disclose.
Posted By: DR505 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/16/22
My DW Razorback is pretty accurate, with a very tight slide to frame fit. Still in its break-in phase. However, my accuracy champ is my 10mm Ruger Vaquero, with S&W adjustable sights.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: skeen Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/16/22
Originally Posted by DR505
My DW Razorback is pretty accurate, with a very tight slide to frame fit. Still in its break-in phase. However, my accuracy champ is my 10mm Ruger Vaquero, with S&W adjustable sights.

Wow, cool, I didn't even know you could put adjustable sights on a Vaquero or get one in 10mm either. blush
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/16/22
Those are sweet!
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/16/22
Most accurate 10mm

6.5" S&W 610
Posted By: toad Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/17/22
Originally Posted by DANS40XC

But,they're on Gen 1,2,3,4,5ish......and still have smiles that Glucksters don't want to acknowledge or admit the issue.

Tupper Ware @ $500USD & triple the cost installing internals/barrel to improve function & accuracy.....Ignorance!!!

And still come in under the price of a SNIG, and work ALWAYS
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/17/22

Again, very sweet. Who did the work on the Vaquero?
Posted By: DR505 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/17/22

Again, very sweet. Who did the work on the Vaquero?

Alan Harton of Houston, TX.
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/18/22
Tanfoglio? Popular target pistol.
Posted By: wswolf Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/19/22
I have a Tanfoglio Witness Stock II. It has made 5-shot groups in the .6"-.8" range at 15 yards on days when my eyes are not blurry.
It had some problems though. Seems to me the Tanfoglio engineers quit when they had the design almost right.

The lug on the bottom of the barrel rides in a notch in the frame. A flange on the rear of the recoil spring guide-rod rests in the front edges of the notch. After not many rounds the notch was peened enough that the barrel lug could not slide forward out of the notch and the slide could only be removed by pounding it off with a nylon hammer. Stoning the burr out of the notch restored normal operation for another range session. Installing a Henning Recoil Spring Guide cured that problem.

The shelf on the magazine follower is plastic and there is about 1/16" contact with the slide-stop lever. After a little wear the follower can jump over the shelf on the slide-stop lever locking the slide open and locking the magazine in place. The slide-stop lever must be removed to pull the magazine and get back in business. I had a gunsmith weld and extension on the slide-stop to better engage the follower and after a bit of filing to get the contour right it works fine.

I think I will be very happy with this pistol but it took an excessive amount of tinkering to get a nearly $1100 pistol to work.

It also flings brass for at least ten yards in the 4 o'clock direction.

Cheers,
Walt
Posted By: viking Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/20/22
Has anyone compared the Delta Elite’s?

Seems the don’t get much attention this days.
Posted By: Exchipy Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/20/22
Originally Posted by viking
Has anyone compared the Delta Elite’s?

Seems they don’t get much attention these days.
Good thing Delta Elites came stock with rubber grips, as factory barrels were sometimes excessively ramped to the point where cartridge cases would occasionally blowout down through the magazine well, as seen with 10 mm Glocks. I never experienced any such problem with the Bar-Sto 10mm barrel I had installed in my Delta Elite. With that Bar-Sto barrel, accuracy was of course superb. I used it to heart shoot my first handgun-taken deer.

Another Delta Elite drawback was that it threw empties into the next county. In addition, because it was pretty light for a 10mm, it would recoil skyward till nearly vertical, unless the shooter had forearms like Popeye. Installation of a second Bar-Sto barrel in 40S&W tamed it dramatically.

Because I now have a more useful 10mm (the RIA 52000, pictured previously), my Delta Elite spends most of its time set up this way:

Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/20/22
I had an early Delta Elite for several years. I had one of the "good" ones (a lot of them were not fitted together very well, and they beat themselves to pieces). I had it for about 15 years or so. It wasn't a bad shooter at all, but I think the RIA Ultra 6" gun I have now is probably a better built gun than that particular DE. It seems to operate smoother than the Colt did, and shoots quite well. It's more fussy about ammo length, but otherwise, it's a decent pistol. The Colt was pretty forgiving, really, with cartridge OAL, unlike the RIA, which is sort of a PITA about getting it "just right".
I was shooting a lot of IPSC back then, and added a Heinie compensated barrel to it, and adjustable sights, beavertail, etc., which made it a lot easier to shoot well. The RIA has most of that stuff done already, that might account for some of the difference between it and the Colt.
The RIA throws brass into the next county, though, unlike the Colt did. My Colt was a pretty nice pistol, but a lot of my friends also bought them around the same time, and theirs seem to beat themselves up pretty quickly. I haven't shot the RIA nearly as much as I did the Colt, but I've only had it one year now.
Posted By: Lonerider Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/21/22
The most accurate 10mm pistol I ever fired was a 10 inch T/C contender.
Posted By: skeen Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/22/22
Here ya' go, a contender for "most accurate 10mm," and they just re-stocked 'em.

https://www.edbrown.com/product/ls10/

Posted By: jwp475 Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/22/22
My XDM- Elite seems to be accurate

Posted By: toad Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/22/22
Originally Posted by skeen
Here ya' go, a contender for "most accurate 10mm," and they just re-stocked 'em.

Nice. I suppose five 10mms isn't too many.
Posted By: skeen Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/22/22
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by skeen

Nice. I suppose five 10mms isn't too many.

They sold out quickly. shocked smile

Posted By: StGeorger Re: Most accurate 10mm - 06/27/22
My XDM- Elite seems to be accurate

That is sweet!
© 24hourcampfire