Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Biebs
I'd opt for a SIG 220 Legion, but then most of my semi-auto handguns are SIGs.

The Sig 220 would certainly be a contender

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by JakeDog
Originally Posted by JakeDog
Bren Ten

Do you have one?

No

Then how can you recommend it as most accurate?

Because the one I had was accurate. Really, how can anyone recommend one above another unless they have owned and shot everyone made.

Last edited by JakeDog; 06/11/22. Reason: How not who
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really, who can anyone recommend one above another unless they have owned and shot everyone made.

My thoughts every time I see any "What's the best" thread!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Really, who can anyone recommend one above another unless they have owned and shot everyone made.

My thoughts every time I see any "What's the best" thread!

That and what price point do you wanna play in?

What people are answering when answering which is "most accurate" or "the best" are answering with what they either own or have experience with.

To steal a line from the liberals, it's "their truth." grin

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
SIG SAUER P220 R 5 10mm

7 models available & in possession w/ DA/SA or SAO option.
Legion DA/SA
Legion SAO
Stainless SAO
Reverse 2 Tone SAO
Nitride DA/SA
Kryptec Camo Hunter SAO
Emperor Scorpion DA/SA
(last 5 models are Lipsey's Exclusive)

With a Bren,Delta,Omega,1006,1076,1086,610 in possession & shooting the 10's since the late 80's

Tupper Ware needs to stay in the cupboard where it belongs!!

Keep 'em in the X Ring,
DAN
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not trying to be a smart ass but - are you saying you own/owned all those models? If so, what is your recommendation?

I gave a G20 that I use for bear spray, especially when I'm among the brown growlies. But I wouldn't say I'm comfortable beyond about 30 yards with respect to accuracy from field positions. At 30 feet or less, I'm deadly grin

I'm following this discussion because I like the concept of a semi auto deer gun. And the 10mm is mild enough to shoot accurately and enough power to get the job done. I'm a fan.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
About the same $$$ as the Sig as it sets, and eats a steady diet of smoking hot loads.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Toad - is the barrel OEM? Looks nice

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It is KKM. My other 40 has one has one also. I wish the finish on the comp was a better match. Minor nit.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Anyone using a suppressor on a Glock 40?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Biebs
I'd opt for a SIG 220 Legion, but then most of my semi-auto handguns are SIGs.

The Sig 220 would certainly be a contender

The Sig P220 Legion will get 'er done, for sure.

Is it the "most accurate 10MM"? I don't thinks it's even the most accurate 10MM semi-auto I own. And I own a bunch of 'em.

If I had to pick one, it's the NightHawk Custom GAP 10MM, but that one will set ya' back about $6k as built. Followed closely, if not in a dead heat, by the Ed Brown LS10.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
bwinters,
Not trying to be a smart ass but - are you saying you own/owned all those models? If so, what is your recommendation?

Those listed & a few more in 1911 platforms still in possession.

Those who claim their functionality w/ a GLUCK should purchase a chronograph to verify said velocities printed on a box.

Hell a CMMG Banshee 10mm will NOT take the pressures (case bulge) that a SIG P220 R 5 10mm is capable of.

The SIG P220 R 5 10mm SAO's do NOT & can NOT be set up for SRT(Short Reset Trigger) as well as the DA/SA models.
(No matter which trigger bar &/or firing pin safety lever that's installed)

With the correct case cut to length(some require inside depth reaming)the correct primer (pocket depth cut to proper depth) & correct powder 200-220gr projectiles are capable of 14-1500fps out of a SIG P220....verified w/ a Oehler 35P chronograph.
(do not attempt the feat w/ any Tupper Ware pistol)

Upon inspection the S&W Tupper Ware 10mm platform is not an option....for me as ar Glucks or any Eastern Block CZ.

Keep 'em in the X Ring,
DAN
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This shït cracks me up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DANS40XC
bwinters,

Those listed & a few more in 1911 platforms still in possession.

Those who claim their functionality w/ a GLUCK should purchase a chronograph to verify said velocities printed on a box.

Hell a CMMG Banshee 10mm will NOT take the pressures (case bulge) that a SIG P220 R 5 10mm is capable of.

The SIG P220 R 5 10mm SAO's do NOT & can NOT be set up for SRT(Short Reset Trigger) as well as the DA/SA models.
(No matter which trigger bar &/or firing pin safety lever that's installed)

With the correct case cut to length(some require inside depth reaming)the correct primer (pocket depth cut to proper depth) & correct powder 200-220gr projectiles are capable of 14-1500fps out of a SIG P220....verified w/ a Oehler 35P chronograph.
(do not attempt the feat w/ any Tupper Ware pistol)

Upon inspection the S&W Tupper Ware 10mm platform is not an option....for me as ar Glucks or any Eastern Block CZ.

Well, okay, I'm still in the G40 fan club. grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
I can't believe I clicked on the RIA website...I feel dirty. That's like buying a Taurus or KelTec isn't it? I've never made a YT video even....
I’ve owned all three brands and, no they are not the same.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Have plenty of revolvers. Of dumping the cash I’d opt for replacing a Freedom Arms Model 83. Full throttle 454 is too much for me. But that was the finest built and most accurate handgun I’ve ever seen.

It’s on a short list

You can shoot .45 LC in that gun, but since most loads are lead you would need to soak in lead solvent and scrub cylinder from lead deposits once in a while. Huge advantage of this type of gun is ability to mount handgun scope of which good number are available. I like the guys who get excited over unmagnified dot sight or couple of extra inches of blessed sight radius, funny stuff! Magnification allows one to see target better and help steady hold when one realizes how much the gun muzzle moves about. This is clearly visible under magnification, but much harder to notice with iron sight.

Why do you even hang out on a gun forum? It's clearly not to learn anything, and you haven't any real experience to relate.
She’s the only sober female poster here .sad

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once you’ve seen the “Glock Smile,” you’ll want to be very careful with a Glock 10mm:

https://www.classaction.org/news/gl...ber-defect-in-certain-semi-auto-handguns

Every day’s an adventure.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Once you’ve seen the “Glock Smile,” you’ll want to be very careful with a Glock 10mm:

You should see how bad it is with your company’s brand brass ! Yowzers

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Exchipy

But,they're on Gen 1,2,3,4,5ish......and still have smiles that Glucksters don't want to acknowledge or admit the issue.

Tupper Ware @ $500USD & triple the cost installing internals/barrel to improve function & accuracy.....Ignorance!!!

Keep 'em in the X Ring,
DAN
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You'd think Glocks were blowing up daily. Truth be known, there are probably more G20s out there than all other brands of 10mm combined. Add in the G29s and G40s and Glock almost certainly has the lion's share of the 10mm market. I doubt Glocks go boom proportionally more than any other brand. And no doubt some instances of kabooms were reloader errors, hot factory ammo makers fault (Underwood apparently admitted to at least one high profile episode), and general ineptness of owners changing out springs, triggers, barrels and other modifications. And Sig P-series pistols are hardly immune to kabooms. Looks for them and they are there. I like Sigs and I own multiple P-series Sigs, and have owned many more than what I have now. But they've pretty much been retired in favor of Glocks.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 28 invisible), 1,725 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,638
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.