Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had an RIA ultra 10mm. I could not get it to run a full magazine without jamming. I put 200 rounds thru it and then sent it back, their CS was outstanding and I got it back in less then a week. It never jammed after that but I was still not keeping it. They are pretty darn well made, labor rates in the Philippines vs US are what makes them that low priced.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H&K USP in 40 and rechamber ........a few other things of course
But a very good platform
Or get a revolver....

Last edited by 257_X_50; 06/09/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would get a revolver. It is much more versatile weapon in bigger caliber. I mean, in addition to holosight you can mount pistol scope on top, shoot both 10x25, 10x22 plus shot cartridges (against snakes, rodents,......). By choosing a pistol which relies on recoil momentum transferred through a spring you really limiting yourself in
terms of ammunition selection. Pistols are vastly overrated especially for folks living in good Hoods. NE Washington State is good revolver country. wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cant stand the G40 due to the trigger but call the XDm accurate and would buy a 6" version if available. I cant really brain that one out. Sounds like you just want a new 1911 which is reason enough. I just sold my Xdm10 in favor of the G20 but could have easily kept either one. Both are good hammers.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My G40 10mm seemed to kick much harder than my G20; it was noticeable especially against a shot timer (same ammo). Sold the 6". At least on the Glocks the higher slide mass seemed to have a negative effect but it might also have been the recoil springs. Maybe there's no difference in a 1911 platform.

Accuracy wise the longer sight radius may have made a difference but I couldn't see it at 50 yards...both guns would hold 3" at that distance, which was well as I could ever shoot them.

It also sucks to sit for long periods with the longer barrel on your hip.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Have plenty of revolvers. Of dumping the cash I’d opt for replacing a Freedom Arms Model 83. Full throttle 454 is too much for me. But that was the finest built and most accurate handgun I’ve ever seen.

It’s on a short list

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
But the 320XTen seems to offer a nice sight radius and trigger in the same package.
I'll be looking forward to someone's hands-on review of this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I had an RIA ultra 10mm. I could not get it to run a full magazine without jamming. I put 200 rounds thru it and then sent it back, their CS was outstanding and I got it back in less then a week. It never jammed after that but I was still not keeping it. They are pretty darn well made, labor rates in the Philippines vs US are what makes them that low priced.

Rumor among RIA fans is to hope for an issue that requires sending a gun back. They fix whats been and go through the rest of the gun.
Better triggers and smoother function are common on return.

Talk.
Don't have one.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Have plenty of revolvers. Of dumping the cash I’d opt for replacing a Freedom Arms Model 83. Full throttle 454 is too much for me. But that was the finest built and most accurate handgun I’ve ever seen.

It’s on a short list

You can shoot .45 LC in that gun, but since most loads are lead you would need to soak in lead solvent and scrub cylinder from lead deposits once in a while. Huge advantage of this type of gun is ability to mount handgun scope of which good number are available. I like the guys who get excited over unmagnified dot sight or couple of extra inches of blessed sight radius, funny stuff! Magnification allows one to see target better and help steady hold when one realizes how much the gun muzzle moves about. This is clearly visible under magnification, but much harder to notice with iron sight.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
But the 320XTen seems to offer a nice sight radius and trigger in the same package.

That's why I recommended it. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Bren Ten

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JakeDog
Bren Ten

Do you have one?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a Rock Island Tac Ultra that functions and shoots plenty good enough for me on the at least 500 rds Ive put through it. Shoot my G40 MOS with an RMR alot better than my G20. Had a Springfield but as usual I couldnt get comfortable with the grip angle/bore axis or whatever the hell it is with them and it got sold like every springfield Ive ever owned.

Out of all of them I am most accurate and comfortable shooting the G40. The addition of the RMR greatly increased my accuracy with it.

Never used Buffalo Bore in 10mm but all the above function with anything Ive fed them including Underwood and Federal solid core hardcasts.

Last edited by marktheshark; 06/10/22.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
Bren Ten

Do you have one?

No

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes

It’s on a short list

You can shoot .45 LC in that gun, but since most loads are lead you would need to soak in lead solvent and scrub cylinder from lead deposits once in a while. Huge advantage of this type of gun is ability to mount handgun scope of which good number are available. I like the guys who get excited over unmagnified dot sight or couple of extra inches of blessed sight radius, funny stuff! Magnification allows one to see target better and help steady hold when one realizes how much the gun muzzle moves about. This is clearly visible under magnification, but much harder to notice with iron sight.

Why do you even hang out on a gun forum? It's clearly not to learn anything, and you haven't any real experience to relate.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

That's why I recommended it. LOL
Good technique there Trav.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
Bren Ten

Do you have one?

No

Then how can you recommend it as most accurate?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I haven't had it long enough to form any strong opinions, but I just bought one of the Smith M&P compacts in 10mm. It is accurate enough that I sold my Glock 29. I sold the Glcok 20 sometime ago because the G29 was just as accurate and would take the 15 round mags.

If nothing else the 4 lb trigger and better sights of the Smith beat the 6 lb trigger on the Glock. I won't hunt with it but will use it as a carry gun when hiking/camping in black bear country. I specifically wanted the Smith with a safety. While carried in a holster the lack of a safety never bothered me, but when in my sleeping bag at night I wouldn't keep a round chambered in the Glock. I will with the Smith.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'd opt for a SIG 220 Legion, but then most of my semi-auto handguns are SIGs.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 673, 16 invisible), 1,648 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,482
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.