Home
Posted By: 65BR CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18
What’s your pick for year round concealed carry?
Posted By: Savuti Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18
Had a 26. Will be getting a 365 soon as I can find one.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18
The Sig may turn out to be great, but it is too new to rely upon at this time. I learned that lesson with the Sig P938. Sig already has done some "upgrades" to the 365 platform since its release. If you have to buy one now, get the 26 Gen 4 or 3. (The Gen 5 version of the 26 is new as well. Consider it only if you are left handed and want an ambidextrous slide release.) The 26 is built like the usual Glock, and you can run it hard and put it up dirty the same as a full sized gun.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18
Originally Posted by 65BR

shot my new P365 130 rounds yesterday, more accurate than my G43, better trigger, I would not go back to G26 but I will buy a second P365 as backup.
Posted By: johnw Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18
I can see no advantage to the glock
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18
Have just over 300 rounds through my 365. I had Two issues with the slide not locking back on last round that was the first 150 rounds approximately nothing since. With the slide lock back inserting a full magazine and sending it home the slide Went to into battery, that happened four times. Compared to my Glock 27,the 365 has better ergonomics smaller package, better trigger, I shoot it better, easier to carry,(for me). With the 12 round mag it truly is an amazing little pistol, it totally blows my mind :-) nothing negative about the 10 round mag and ergonomics. I even like it better than my Glock 43, and I love my 43. Would I bet my life on it, I need to put more rounds through it And see if anyone else has any major issues with it. I don’t carry a spare mag so the issues I had do not concern me, But they need to be rectified.
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18
I guess time will tell on the Sig, for a long term track record.

No doubt the Sig has much going for it, if it fits one's hand and is reliable. Heard many good things, a few reviews have seen a few bobbles.

So if the Sig were not around, what would be your fave pick? Perhaps the Shield, or a small Glock?

I know there are a few Kahr CW9 and PM9 fans......
Posted By: dla Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18

No doubt the Sig has much going for it, if it fits one's hand and is reliable. Heard many good things, a few reviews have seen a few bobbles.

So if the Sig were not around, what would be your fave pick? Perhaps the Shield or G43?

The Kel-Tec PF 9. It is the lightest, thinnest, 9mm that I'm aware of. Drop it in your pocket and go. Or clip it IWB. Convenience. Only really stupid people poo-poo Kel-Tec quality.

The 26 is out of consideration since it's neither fish nor fowl, i.e., if you're going to carry IWB, it might as well be a Glock 19 (vs the equally thick 26), with more rounds, longer sight radius, more grip to hold, and carries more comfortably. It likely also conceals better, since a 26, due to being top heavy (with too short a slide to stabilize it) tends to bow out more at the top. The longer slide of the 19 will stabilize it better, preventing bowing out, i.e., keeping the rear portion of the slide closer to the body.

None of that likely applies to the 365, since it's more in the class of a Glock 43, but with higher capacity. The Glock 43 is actually a good choice for IWB carry, for those situations where absolute minimum printing is desired, and where such considerations outweigh the advantages of the larger Glocks. Likely the 365 will prove to be good for that, too, and even better, due to greater capacity, assuming it proves to be reliable and durable. That, however, remains to be seen.
Posted By: Owl Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18
In my opinion, people get too involved on size. Carry what you can shoot well.

I bought a small sized 9mm pistol for the ex-wife (pre-divorce). Fit her hands perfectly. Easily concealed, but due to the recoil and limp wrist effect, she'd get a stove pipe every time. Match the firearm to yourself based up functionality and comfort first. If you get a firearm based upon size, and it's too large or small for you to shoot accurately, does not fit your hands or has too much recoil, then all you really have in your hands is an expensive rock. If you can't hit the target, it's only a visual deterrent. So, in some cases, the lowly Beretta Model 21 in a .22 LR is a better choice than a G20 10mm. Shooting a round that hit's it's intended target is better than 17 rounds that have missed and possibly injured an innocent bystander.

Just my humble opinion.

Owl.
Posted By: JackVliet Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/20/18
Well when the 365 came out I was in the process of choosing a ccp.
I did a fair bit of research and shot some of my considerations.

In the end it was an easy choice, I picked the glock 26. If you put money
toward a decent holster it doesn't bow forward at all. Fills my hand well
and shoots well.

I'm of a slight build, 6'1" and 155 pounds, and it conceals easy on me and
I carry iwb. The glock 19 does not conceal as well, although people made
me think that it did.

I'll go with history over mystery, and if I want the 365 later on I'll try it.
Posted By: Lennie Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/21/18
My 365 has never had single glitch in the first 500 rounds. It is now m first choice for CC
Posted By: frogman43 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/21/18
I have a P365 on order....chose it over the G26, G43......want something for very discreet concealment that has some capacity.
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/21/18
Good info folks. Re Kel-Tec. Always head good things about them as the little Rugers.

Many choices no doubt. What ammo are you folks running?

Guessing many use 124 like HST and GD. Any 147 in small guns?
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/21/18
When you pick up your P365 I can hook you up with a nice leather holster for it.[Linked Image]
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/21/18

G19 personally.

The Sig 365 looks good on paper, but proven reliability is worth a lot more to me, especially with Sig's track record lately. I'll let other people be Sig's field testers for a few years, but might pick one up once they're proven.

I don't like the G26 much myself; if I need something that small I'll go straight to something like the 43, Shield, etc.
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/22/18
Nice holster for the Sig above, details?

I suppose down here in the south, one will be wearing light clothes in the heat, hence the desire for something smaller - less print, than a G19. Good gun no doubt.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/22/18
Nice holster for the Sig above, details?

I suppose down here in the south, one will be wearing light clothes in the heat, hence the desire for something smaller - less print, than a G19. Good gun no doubt.

I make that holster - they start at $65 plus shipping.
There is a lengthy review of the SIG 365 in this month's American Rifleman (April. 2018) written by managing editor Joe Kurtenbach. It is far from complimentary.

Providing you leave them stock (except for sights), the G26 and G43, just work And in the case of the G26, have worked for many years.

Read the article in the American Rifleman before you decide.

Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/22/18
I have the one with the green front sight, the original guns had different sights. Today fired another 100 rounds, gun had not been cleaned. I had one occasion after switching to 124 grain bullets that the gun did not chamber the round when the slide release was hit, it had not been cleaned in 180 rounds. I ejected the shell and the next one chambered. It has fired everything, every time no failure to feed or fire when shooting the gun. It has a better trigger, and is more accurate than my G43 and 9mm Shield. It is not more accurate than my 45 shield. The sights with the green front sight are better than glock or shield sights. Total 230 rounds.

TO the man that said anyone that did not like keltec's was stupid. I owned that very poorly made 9mm gun and it went back to keltec twice for the trigger not resetting. Its a shame that people post anything on this forum these days, even those with limited knowledge and experience.

I am not 100% sold on the P365 yet, however I cleaned the gun today and will fire it another 100 rounds this weekend.

Reading the NRA rag, seems like he had problems with pre-production gun.

Likes- 11 rounds, more accurate than it should be in so small a gun, good trigger, good sights.
Dislikes- the squarish grip, if you grip it tightly can get on the wrong spot in your hand and be somewhat uncomfortable.
I am not selling my shield or G43 yet but in another 4 boxes of ammo I might.

Today I give it 4 out of 5 stars
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/22/18
Yes, read mixed reviews. And had read that article, the jury is out, as JP says, it was pre-production, so they said.

A sample of one is not the last word so......the G43 - looks nice and many like it, but I've shot one a few different times, me and the owner just cannot get warmed up on it. A CW9 shot circles around it, but everyone shoots a handgun different. I'd not be surprised a few competitors try bringing out platform with the same capacity as the Sig, with similar spec/features.

Time will tell. I bet Sig will make either a 2.0 or another model to bridge the gap for those wanting either more grip to hang on to, or barrel length. I know there are longer mags...
Posted By: dla Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/22/18
Originally Posted by jimmyp

TO the man that said anyone that did not like keltec's was stupid. I owned that very poorly made 9mm gun and it went back to keltec twice for the trigger not resetting. Its a shame that people post anything on this forum these days, even those with limited knowledge and experience

If you cant read, you shouldn't own a Kel-Tec.
JP:

Kurtenbach had two (2) 365's, according to the article. The first one was a POS and he sent it back to SIG, who claimed he got a "pre-production" pistol by mistake. After some Mea Culpas, Sig sent him another 365, this one a production version. He still had multiple issues with that one. It's all in the article. YMMV. Personally, I have no interest in a 365. Good luck with yours, however.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/23/18
No doubt the 365 has had, has issues with some people, including myself, Failure of slide to lock back on last round, a few times. And aggressively inserting a full mag slide went into battery. I have just over 300 rounds out of it. My issues concern me but not enough for me to give up on it. I am hoping this Sunday to put a couple hundred more rounds out of the gun and see what happens. It has never failed to fire it is never Failed to go into battery,( only 300 rounds ). There’s no doubt in my mind that whatever issues plague 365, in time will be rectified. That being said if you want to purchase a 365 and be totally confident with it you might want to wait. It’s A amazing little pistol with 11 rounds of 9 mm. with a 12 round mag it’s a totally different animal, the way it feels and the weight shoots, 13 rounds in that little package absolutely blows my mind. I don’t mind being a guinea pig, I’m not betting my life on it yet.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/23/18
I am simply reporting my findings.
Posted By: JOG Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/23/18
Originally Posted by Winchestermodel70
JP:

Kurtenbach had two (2) 365's, according to the article. The first one was a POS and he sent it back to SIG, who claimed he got a "pre-production" pistol by mistake. After some Mea Culpas, Sig sent him another 365, this one a production version. He still had multiple issues with that one. It's all in the article. YMMV. Personally, I have no interest in a 365. Good luck with yours, however.

Frankly, you're FOS. I read the article - the first pistol broke a tritium dial and Sig replaced it with the version with the X-ray sights. Kurtenbach mentioned being careful of hand placement, but that's hardly unusual with a small pistol. Everything else is very complimentary.

It’s hard not to be impressed by the gun’s capacity. Sure, it’s a bit snappy with heavier loads, and it requires a little practice to shoot quickly, but for such a little gun to hold so much ammunition and still “disappear” into a concealment holster beneath a loose T-shirt, it really challenges the perception that concealment requires compromise. Kurtenbach

American Rifleman - P365
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/23/18
Originally Posted by dla

TO the man that said anyone that did not like keltec's was stupid. I owned that very poorly made 9mm gun and it went back to keltec twice for the trigger not resetting. Its a shame that people post anything on this forum these days, even those with limited knowledge and experience

What did you mean that anyone that did not like Keltec's was stupid? I can read, and I owned the gun that someone else reviewed where you posted his review? It failed twice and had to go back to the factory twice, it was not that accurate.
Posted By: dla Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/24/18
Originally Posted by dla

What did you mean that anyone that did not like Keltec's was stupid? I can read, and I owned the gun that someone else reviewed where you posted his review? It failed twice and had to go back to the factory twice, it was not that accurate.

Fail.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/24/18
So do you own a keltec doa?
Posted By: dla Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/24/18
Move on - you're too stupid.
Posted By: JOG Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/24/18
Originally Posted by BamBam
And aggressively inserting a full mag slide went into battery.

Lots of Glock shooters view that as a feature.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/24/18
Originally Posted by dla

There are several truism's in life that continue to resonate despite the autonomy that the internet has given small men. The first is that someone that has nothing more to give than to personally attack another man when discussing a technical, religious, or political issue is simply out of intellectual ammunition. The second is that those that practice this trait would not have the courage to do it in person.
Originally Posted by dla

There are several truism's in life that continue to resonate despite the autonomy that the internet has given small men. The first is that someone that has nothing more to give than to personally attack another man when discussing a technical, religious, or political issue is simply out of intellectual ammunition. The second is that those that practice this trait would not have the courage to do it in person.

Truer words were never spoken. Well said!
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/24/18
Originally Posted by JOG
And aggressively inserting a full mag slide went into battery.

Lots of Glock shooters view that as a feature.

Funny, and true. My Glock 19 and 23 has done that occasionally, But none of my other Glock’s. I don’t think it’s inherently bad But I would rather have a gun That does it predictably. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to put a couple hundred rounds out of it. if it Does it consistently I would consider it a feature. I think my thumb might be hitting the slide release on the occasions that my slide does not lock back on the last round. Tomorrow I will pay special attention to that.
Posted By: smallfry Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/24/18

So if the Sig were not around, what would be your fave pick? Perhaps the Shield, or a small Glock?

I like the Shield. I have a super aggressive grip and find it’s size accommodating to my grip, any smaller and the gun(s) become harder and harder to shoot. I’d like to handle the 365 but in general I don’t buy completely new designs on their first year.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/24/18
I'd roll with the Glock. No slight on the Sig 365.

The Glock is the trigger my brain knows well. I bought a Kahr a while back. Nice little pistol too, but I don't like the trigger. It's not a bad trigger, but more akin to a DA revolver. Quite different than a Glock trigger.

So, Glock for me.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

The Glock is the trigger my brain knows well. I bought a Kahr a while back. Nice little pistol too, but I don't like the trigger. It's not a bad trigger, but more akin to a DA revolver. Quite different than a Glock trigger.

So, Glock for me.

Agreed. The Kahr's trigger is akin to a double action revolver. That's why I liked it so much back when they were first introduced. I had a lot of range time in with double action revolvers, and it was an easy transition.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

So, Glock for me.

Agreed. The Kahr's trigger is akin to a double action revolver. That's why I liked it so much back when they were first introduced. I had a lot of range time in with double action revolvers, and it was an easy transition.

never understood why that was such a compliment. a double action revolver trigger is the most difficult I know of to shoot well. You have no idea when the trigger is going to break it just keeps getting heavier. I was doing a 3d 270 degree simulator, they present different situations to you. one was a guy who had a hostage with a knife to her throat. I was using their glock 19, which is a real gun but with the barrel removed and electronic stuff replacing it. I have shot glock enough that when the guy was waving his hand around, and moving around with the girl as he was yelling. I had my gun pointed and the first stage of the trigger taken up against the wall of the second stage. as soon as his head cleared the girls I squeeze off a round right to the head of the perp. you are NOT doing that with a double action revolver. no way no how.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18
I have owned several Glocks (still have a 19) but never really cared for them. I prefer shooting 1911s. I was carrying a Kimber CDP until I tried the Sig M11. The Sig SRT feels perfect to me. I would like to try the 320 and 365, but don’t see how they could be better than the M11.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

So, Glock for me.

never understood why that was such a compliment. a double action revolver trigger is the most difficult I know of to shoot well. You have no idea when the trigger is going to break it just keeps getting heavier. I was doing a 3d 270 degree simulator, they present different situations to you. one was a guy who had a hostage with a knife to her throat. I was using their glock 19, which is a real gun but with the barrel removed and electronic stuff replacing it. I have shot glock enough that when the guy was waving his hand around, and moving around with the girl as he was yelling. I had my gun pointed and the first stage of the trigger taken up against the wall of the second stage. as soon as his head cleared the girls I squeeze off a round right to the head of the perp. you are NOT doing that with a double action revolver. no way no how.

Ok
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18
Hard to not take the Glock...........it's a proven commodity, has scads for AM parts available & fits the hand pretty well with finger groove mag extensions added.

I carry a G-27 (same as G-26 but in 40 instead of 9mm) about as much as anything else & it's an easy carry.

MM

Actually, once you've got the double action revolver trigger working for you right, the fact that you don't know when it's going to break is an advantage, not a drawback. Knowing the exact point of break leaves you more prone to flinching just before the break.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18
Originally Posted by mrfudd
I have owned several Glocks (still have a 19) but never really cared for them. I prefer shooting 1911s. I was carrying a Kimber CDP until I tried the Sig M11. The Sig SRT feels perfect to me. I would like to try the 320 and 365, but don’t see how they could be better than the M11.

I own a 228, 320, and 365. I have shot a few different M11’s(228) with the SRT, and I would agree with you that it is just about perfect.I think the 320, at least for me, has a slight advantage and just a slight advantage nothing dramatic nothing extreme. The 365 ‘s trigger for me is the same as the 320, at least I haven’t noticed that much of a difference if any yet, mind you only 300 rounds out of the 365. If you have the opportunity to shoot the 320 I think you will enjoy the trigger. But my personal experience, there is nothing like a 1911 trigger done by a competent smith.
Posted By: dla Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18
Originally Posted by dla

You're simply too stupid. Fact. Move on.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla

You're simply too stupid. Fact. Move on.

Jimmy,this idiot goes on ignore. He thought I was stupid too for not bowing down to the superior Keltec. At least I'm in good company,what a looser.
Posted By: JOG Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18

Actually, once you've got the double action revolver trigger working for you right, the fact that you don't know when it's going to break is an advantage, not a drawback. Knowing the exact point of break leaves you more prone to flinching just before the break.

How is it that Glock guys have the wherewithal to stage a trigger during a "hostage with a knife to her throat" situation yet they're stymied by a thumb safety while dry firing at the TV? smirk
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18
I get it, and thank you.

I shot the P365 another 50 times yesterday at swinging bowling pins at 25 yards. Two of my friends shot it 30 times more. I was able to hit the bowling pins with fair consistency missing every 3rd shot or so, not an easy task when they start moving. The gun fired every time, no problems, with 115 grain Sellier and Bellot ammo, and WW white box 115 grain. I tried one of my glock 19's with a lighting strike titanium striker and a LS aluminum trigger and could not hit as well with it, probably me because I have gotten used to the Sig trigger.

I am by no means a sig fan boy and have called out a lot of their quality problems and have a bunch of glocks. At this point I am thinking about buying a cooks holster and the 12 round magazine for the gun and keeping it. Another few hundred rounds and I will be sure. The trigger and sights are better than any glock I have. It may need cleaning more, I have gen 2 model 19's I just don't clean, this gun seems to be a little tighter.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/25/18
I had a G26, carried it for several years. Too big to slip in your jeans pocket and not be noticeable. Also, though it shot good, I could never quite get used to the way it felt so blocky. Sold it, bought a G19 for carrying on a belt holster when I can cover it up, and bought a small 380 to slip in my jeans pocket when I need to go that route.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I had a G26, carried it for several years. Too big to slip in your jeans pocket and not be noticeable. Also, though it shot good, I could never quite get used to the way it felt so blocky. Sold it, bought a G19 for carrying on a belt holster when I can cover it up, and bought a small 380 to slip in my jeans pocket when I need to go that route.

Much better solution.
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/26/18
I'd bet it's easier for a Kahr owner to shoot a Glock, than a long-time Glock owner to get used to a Kahr.

How well do you 380 owners feel about the effectiveness of the round, vs say a 9 ? I know there is one or two "Choice 380 loads' that seem to be a home run with that round.

Well it seems the Sig 365 needs to stand up to the test of time to get more confidence, and it's completely understandable, given what's at stake.

It is a shame the 1st production are not "Proven" - didn't the former Kimber CEO take over at Sig?
Posted By: Mad_Max Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/27/18
How well do you 380 owners feel about the effectiveness of the round, vs say a 9 ?

Despite people's personal arguments and preferences, it is, simply put, not as effective as 9mm and more effective than the next step(s) down.

Well it seems the Sig 365 needs to stand up to the test of time to get more confidence, and it's completely understandable, given what's at stake.

It is a shame the 1st production are not "Proven"

The test of time boils down, in my opinion, to putting enough rounds through one's personal sample of one. If it is flawless after your own chosen "x" number of rounds, use it. I, for one, intend to get one as it appears to be AN ideal concealed carry option. Notice I said "AN" and not "THE".

Posted By: sgt217 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/27/18
Pick whatever one feels the best to you and go from there...That said, I wouldn't go anywhere without a G19
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/27/18
Finally handled a P-365 with 10 rnd mag at LGS today. Favorably impressed with trigger, sights, size, and ergonomics. The higher cap with equivalent dimensions and thickness would tip me over to favor the P-365 over the Shield or the G-43. There's a waiting list at this LGS about 8 deep so far.

I wouldn't feel unarmed with either the 10+1 or 12+1 P-365 configuration and effective ammo.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/27/18
I'd bet it's easier for a Kahr owner to shoot a Glock, than a long-time Glock owner to get used to a Kahr.

How well do you 380 owners feel about the effectiveness of the round, vs say a 9 ? I know there is one or two "Choice 380 loads' that seem to be a home run with that round.

It is a shame the 1st production are not "Proven" - didn't the former Kimber CEO take over at Sig?

Interesting review,
https://youtu.be/GNtPHYwcDts
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/28/18
After 20 years of CCW I've settled on the G19 as the best size pistol that I can shoot well. I can conceal a 43 or a Kahr P-380 a lot better but I can't shoot them as well. I shoot my G-36 possibly better than the G-19 but prefer the extra firepower of the 19.

I've pretty much given up on smaller pistols,not because of capacity but because of shoot-ability in my hands. I'll only carry one when I absolutely have to dress in such a way that I can't carry the larger pistol.
Posted By: pal Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/28/18
Originally Posted by Winchestermodel70
...review of the SIG 365 in this month's American Rifleman...is far from complimentary...

Simply not true. Read it again.

Also check out this review. Scroll down and also view the video.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/p3...gn=/blog/p365-sigs-wonder-weapon-review/
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/28/18
The SIG is more accurate for me than my shield or G43. My gun is now 13 rounds and hardly bigger than it was at 11. I am not 100% sold yet but getting there.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/28/18
Put 110 rounds out of my P365. 100 rounds 124 gr fmj Speer, 10 rounds 115 gr fmj, keystone munitions, no failures, this puts me just over 400 rounds through the pistol. I have to consciously keep my thumb away from the slide lock lever. If my thumb bumps the lever on the last round, the slide will not lock back. Had to change my grip slightly for this particular pistol, not a big deal.
Put 110 rounds out of my P365. 100 rounds 124 gr fmj Speer, 10 rounds 115 gr fmj, keystone munitions, no failures, this puts me just over 400 rounds through the pistol. I have to consciously keep my thumb away from the slide lock lever. If my thumb bumps the lever on the last round, the slide will not lock back. Had to change my grip slightly for this particular pistol, not a big deal.

If the worst problem you have is failure to lock back after the last round, you're good to go.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/29/18
another 100 rounds using the just acquired 12 round magazine. No issues, gun works fine. Fired it at 25 yards only today with WW 115 grain white box ammo. The image is rotated 90 degree''s the majority of the hits were higher than the bull, one low I have no idea why. This is about average for 25 yards.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/30/18

If the worst problem you have is failure to lock back after the last round, you're good to go.

It had failed to lock back on the last round about six times, at first I didn’t think it was me, my grip, thumb, causing the problem. But realized it was my thumb, have not had an issue since Changing my grip, Pistol has run flawlessly.
Posted By: klondike_mike Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/30/18
Originally Posted by Savuti
Had a 26. Will be getting a 365 soon as I can find one.

This. Right here.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 03/31/18
I had a G27 for a spell, and I have had a G26. They are wonderful guns, however they are bigger than the new sig. Oddly I can shoot this small gun better, I am no great shakes as a pistol shot but to keep all of the bullets on and 8 x 11 sheet of paper at 25 yards is pretty good for me. I bet someone who could actually shoot would do much better. So after 300 or so rounds I think I am going to keep the gun, I like the sights, the fact that it now holds 13 rounds, that is is thinner than a G19 or a G27, that I can actually shoot it better than I can my G19, perhaps its the trigger pull? I have gen2 19's that have had thousands of rounds shot through them, I hope this gun lasts as long, but for now unless it breaks tomorrow I am going to carry this weapon instead of my G43 or SW Shield. I am not a big sig fan, so I reluctantly admit that SIG has a winner in the P365.
Posted By: Lennie Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/06/18
I ran across an interesting piece of trivia. Sig's design for the P-365 magazine has a patent application pending and the patent will most likely be issued.
Posted By: pal Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/06/18
One downside of those magazines is they are a little bulkier than the single stacks.
Posted By: budman5 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/06/18
pal that's a plus not negative. We want extra capacity!
Posted By: pal Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/06/18
Originally Posted by budman5
pal that's a plus not negative. We want extra capacity!

Just pointing out that it is at the expense of more weight and less concealability when carrying an extra mag.
I was hanging out at my local gun shop yesterday, talking to the salesmen. I mentioned the P365. They said they just sold the last one that morning. They said as soon as they come in, they're gone. They also recommended that I not buy one just yet, since they've had to take a high percentage of them back to be sent to Sig for reliability issues. I asked them if they were talking about the earlier guns, because I had heard that those issues were fixed. They said no, they're talking about the guns that have come out after Sig said the issues were resolved. They recommended I wait a year, which is unusual coming from gun salesmen, but much appreciated.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/06/18
I keep reading nothing but raves about the 365, but I remain skeptical. It just seems to be too good to be true. That is why I am waiting. I want a gun that I can shoot thousands of rounds a year and treat like a Glock. I also would like to know how it handles Buffalo Bore +P hard cast so I would not have to bring other guns with me to take a hike in the woods. I also hear how fast it shoots, but I have not seen any time splits comparing the 365 to the 26. Chrono results would be nice, also, because it gives up some barrel length to save weight. It may turn out to be a true game changer, but I do not need it right now, so I am waiting a bit.
Posted By: johnw Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/06/18
I will try the p365 when I find one for sale. Until then I am happy and confident with the LC9s. The Glock is simply not an option for me.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/06/18
My copy is doing great, but again I actually invested the money to find out and don't rely on second hand gun shop stories.

note that the second it fails in any way, I will be the first to tell you all. right now I am thinking to sell a couple of 19's and buy another one. 13 rounds, very accurate, small package.
Posted By: budman5 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/07/18
I need to go to Vegas..I'm feeling lucky. Just scored a P365...It's on it's way!!!
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/08/18
I've got a broken firing pin in my 365 at the 600rnd mark..

The gun was flawless through 400, then had 3 failed, to hold opens in the final 200.

Took it out yesterday to run some carry ammo and nothing...??

Pulled it apart and the pin was snapped off. Looks like the unit is cast.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/08/18
Originally Posted by ken999

The gun was flawless through 400, then had 3 failed, to hold opens in the final 200.

Well, that’s not good! Have just over 400 rounds through mine. I’m going to attempt to put 200 rounds out of it today. Definitely not putting this in my waistband yet. Keep us updated if you can.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/08/18
What in the hell is wrong with manufacturers nowadays? ^^^ Are we, the consumers, not willing to pay for quality any more? Nothing on any firearm should break or give trouble before several thousand rounds.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/08/18
I have 350 on mine, no problems

Ken999 does yours have green front sight and the locking block cuts? What is the procedure for removing the firing pin? Thank you!
Posted By: pal Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/08/18

Well, that’s not good!...

That is f'd up.
Originally Posted by pal

That is f'd up.

If anything should be made of tool steel, it's the firing pin.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/08/18
Originally Posted by pal

That is f'd up.

If anything should be made of tool steel, it's the firing pin.

It’s not a good thing when A firing pin brakes , You’re totally f-u-c-k-e-d! I would guess that they are using mim for there Firing pin.ken999, if you could keep us updated on your 365, it would greatly be appreciated. I put 100 rounds of 115 grain ball out of the 365 today, no issues. That puts me just over 500 rounds.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/09/18
So SIG confirmed this morning that the striker is a MIM part. The technician said they had received no complaints on this part and no reports of breakage. There is no recall on the part, nor do they anticipate any issues with breakage. I am going to fire another 50 rounds today as they said my pistol was barely broken in.
I predict a vigorous market in aftermarket P365 tool-steel strikers.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/09/18
So SIG confirmed this morning that the striker is a MIM part. The technician said they had received no complaints on this part and no reports of breakage. There is no recall on the part, nor do they anticipate any issues with breakage. I am going to fire another 50 rounds today as they said my pistol was barely broken in.

Damn. Just damn.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/09/18
Aren't Glock strikers MIM now?
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/09/18
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Aren't Glock strikers MIM now?

Yes, I read,Glock switched to using the MIM process on some of their internal parts mid production of the GEN 3.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/09/18
Called this AM. I have to send it back.

Mine has the new sights and the block is beveled.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/09/18
Well just s-hit. I fired mine another 50 it’s a very accurate gun. The LGS proprietor confirmed another firing pin break on one of the other 15 guns he has sold. I know the guys at lightning strike and asked them if they would consider it as a new striker product. SIG steps in s-hit with every new product they make. What ass hats. Anyway I will just keep shooting mine until it breaks and send it in.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/09/18
Called this AM. I have to send it back.

Mine has the new sights and the block is beveled.

Well just s-hit. I fired mine another 50 it’s a very accurate gun. The LGS proprietor confirmed another firing pin break on one of the other 15 guns he has sold. I know the guys at lightning strike and asked them if they would consider it as a new striker product. SIG steps in s-hit with every new product they make. What ass hats. Anyway I will just keep shooting mine until it breaks and send it in.

Hopefully you’ll have a fast turnaround with Sig, Sad to see other confirmed firing pin breakages. Hopefully, sooner, rather than later, someone will come out A bar stock firing pin.
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/10/18
Ouch, I'd hate to have to send something back, that due to material choice....

Re: selling of Glock 19s.......It seems many folks it would be the last to part with.....and I know they do not fit everyone,

but they do seem to always go bang bang bang......

Well there can always be a lemon, but it seems Sig might have a few kinks to work out yet, time will tell. I doubt a year from now new guns will be having these issues above.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/10/18
Where did the pin break?

Pic for those who haven't seen the pin yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/10/18
Did you pull that out of your gun? I did not see the gun that was broken in GA, so I am hearing it from the two people that sold the gun to the man.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/10/18
Maybe the fellow that broke his here will comment?
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/10/18
Yeah, I took it out and snapped a quick picture.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/10/18
I read of one failure of the firing pin which was the nipple, that protrudes from the firing pin hole. Hopefully ken999 Will chime in with the particulars of his failure.
Posted By: JackVliet Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/10/18
See, told you the 26 was the way to go wink
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/11/18
We will see I guess. Mine is doing fine. Maybe ken999 was using snap caps like the fellow here near me.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/12/18

Check this out. Were you getting swipe marks on the primers that looked like the ones in this thread? Link
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/12/18
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
What in the hell is wrong with manufacturers nowadays? ^^^ Are we, the consumers, not willing to pay for quality any more? Nothing on any firearm should break or give trouble before several thousand rounds.

It not usually about us paying a few percent more per unit.
it's all about manufacturers making a couple.

$/unit x thousands of units=$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them.

And a sore ash hole for us.
Posted By: RDW Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/13/18
I believe Kimber was one of the first manufacturers to use the MIM process with the introduction of the Kimber Classic, it's been about two decades since I bought mine that I later sold but don't recall this being problematic for Kimber. Anyone have a different perspective or better memory?

I agree with everyone, the firing pin is not the place to use MIM and I was looking at a 365 yesterday, it sure has a nice trigger and fits my hand well.
Posted By: JOG Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/13/18
The 30 year upward trend in popularity of low to moderately priced pistols has caused a downward trend in quality across the entire spectrum. To avoid MIM nowadays means a semi-custom handgun and at least a grand. Even parts that used to be cast are being replaced with MIM.
Posted By: MOGC Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/13/18
I had a Kimber MIM magazine catch crumble into dust while firing my .45 one day. I do think Kimber has had some bad runs of various MIM parts over the years. IIRC Kimber had some thumb safety and grip safety MIM failures. Didn't Colt try MIM 1911 extractors once? That was a fail also. I definitely wouldn't want an MIM firing pin.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/14/18
Hoping some aftermarket strikers hit the market
Posted By: JOG Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/14/18
Originally Posted by MOGC
Didn't Colt try MIM 1911 extractors once? That was a fail also. I definitely wouldn't want an MIM firing pin.

Glock has both.
Posted By: MOGC Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/14/18
I didn't realize Glock firing pins were MIM. Can't recall hearing of troubles with Glock firing pins...
Posted By: johnw Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/14/18
Nobody in their right mind will label the glock as fragile or unreliable. Still...

LINK

LINK 2

And recently;

Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/14/18
I passed the 500rd mark today with my P365, shooting mostly ball ammo and some hollow points from PMC, Winchester White Box, Remington (UMC and Golden Saber), Tula, and Speer Gold Dots. I had one failure to extract in the first 200 rounds shooting WWB. I can't say for certain what caused the malfunction but I am leaning towards inconsistency in the WWB ammo as it has caused problems before in other handguns. I ran 200 more rounds of WWB through the gun with no issues and consistent extraction and ejection. All other ammo functioned perfect.

Once I got home I did a full strip and cleaning of the frame and slide, looking for any signs of premature wear, all was good. One or two small shiny spots where metal meets but nothing out of the ordinary. I've got no complaints so far, nor am I hesitant about carrying it.
Posted By: MOGC Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/14/18
http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/are-Glocks-truly-perfection

That is a very interesting link for sure...
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/16/18
OK another 50 rounds today have not cleaned it for 200 rounds, this last 50 rounds it failed to lock back on the empty magazine 3 times out of 5 10 shot strings, could be the way I was holding it as it felt different today, but I will clean it and keep shooting it. I had a single failure to close completely at 180 rounds the first outing, so it may need to be cleaned every 200 rounds. I was not shooting very good today at all, don't know why, S &B don't know the grain of the ammo. My friends at Lightning strike are considering making a non MIM striker for it, anyone that wants a tool steel striker should contact and advocate for it. Lighting strike

As you can see by the attached picture my gun is producing the swipes across the primers as well. The gun has 480 rounds fired in it.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/16/18
Damn...I gotta go look at some spent cases...my nipple snapped off.

It's on its way to sig.
Damn...I gotta go look at some spent cases...my nipple snapped off.

It's on its way to sig.
Sure enough...just looked over some empties...not all but a fair amount of them were swiped.
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/16/18
Sure enough...just looked over some empties...not all but a fair amount of them were swiped.

That means nothing, and is normal operation for a lot of pistols. Don't read too much into it.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/16/18
than the engineers calculated
Originally Posted by Yondering

That means nothing, and is normal operation for a lot of pistols. Don't read too much into it.

and then again lateral thrust on the MIM firing pin nipple may be something that the SIG engineers did not enter into their calculations. Time will tell, but with two breakages that I know of, and out of a small number of pistols you have to wonder if they considered this. If LS makes a machined tool striker I will buy one. I still like the pistol.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/17/18
Most of my cases look the same but so far doesn't seem to cause any problems.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/17/18
at 480 rounds I am beginning to trust it more, I do believe its going to have to be cleaned every 200 rounds or so, very un-glock like. I have gen2 9mm's I have perhaps cleaned but cannot remember doing so. I bought a cooks holster for it yesterday, have the 12 round magazine, and can shoot it fairly well. The xray sights and the way the trigger breaks are a big help to my shooting. If Lighting strike makes a tool steel striker I will buy one immediately.
I haven't noticed mine getting sluggish from shooting. It seemed to run pretty clean actually. The next 500 I'll do with no cleaning or extra oil and see how it does.

Jimmy, did you figure out removing the firing pin? Very much like a Glock.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/17/18
I haven’t noticed mine getting sluggish from not cleaning either. I have just over 500 rounds out of the gun. Only issue I had that concerned me which has since been rectified, was the slide not staying locked back (a few times )on the last round. It was my thumb riding on the slide stop. Now, the firing pin breakage concerns me. on Sig talk I have read of Four guys with the nipples breaking on the firing pin. Some guys think it is due to dry firing and some guys think it has to do with the firing pin dragging on the case.It is not all that uncommon to see, But seems a little Deeper and longer on my 365.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/17/18
No sir have not taken the FP out yet. I see where the back of the slide could come off like a Glock, is there anything you have to depress to remove it or do you just insert the tip of a small flat blade screw driver and pry it downwards?

I may have been riding the slide yesterday with my forward thumb, it locked back when I was shooting with one hand. Off day yesterday.
There's a small black tab that you pull down like a Glock before the plate slides off.
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/17/18
Great stuff guys, hopefully Sig is reading.

Meanwhile, out of curiosity, what mfg avoid MIM parts? I know Kahr has models with and others without. Does CZ use MIM?

No doubt Glock is proven regardless.

It's a bit disconcerting whether a handgun will operate in the most dire of circumstances. A failure can cost a life (or lives) as we know.

No guarantee's but I'd like a gun that is proven to be taken out the box, and fire thousands of rounds, w/o failure.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/20/18
I dry fire alot.
Posted By: johnw Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/20/18
We all know that a handgun generally shouldn't be our first considered option in handling a dangerous situation. But given that all firearms are mechanical devices it might be reasonable that they not be considered our final option either.

Worth repeating... vvvvvvv

Originally Posted by johnw
Nobody in their right mind will label the glock as fragile or unreliable. Still...

LINK

LINK 2

And recently;

Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/20/18
I dry fire alot.

Ken the man that snapped off his firing pin in the gun store i frequent had dry fired his a lot as well.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/20/18
I saw on another site where a guy had his firing pin tip snap off after dry firing. I called Sig and they said they had only heard of 1 incident where this happened and it was not common. They have no plans to offer a revised firing pin and are handling broken ones on a case by case basis. They also will not sell firing pins or ship you the part to replace if it breaks. Hopefully if enough people call they can get some things changed.

I also sent an email to APEX gun parts and requested that they consider offering a heavy duty firing pin for the p365. Given the number of P365's that have sold, and the ones that are still backordered, I'd think the market would be excellent.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/20/18
yep I asked my friends at lighting strike to consider the sig firing pin as well. Facts suck sometime and one fact is that I have not heard of a glock firing pin breaking? There may be some of you that have, but I have not. Now a brand new pistol and I know of 2 breakages. I would buy a tool steel pin in a NY second.
Posted By: JOG Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/21/18
Facts suck sometime and one fact is that I have not heard of a glock firing pin breaking? There may be some of you that have, but I have not.

In case you haven't heard, the sky is blue. Google "glock broken striker" for another revelation.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 04/21/18
I usually rely on personal experience or first hand knowledge. You can google alien abductions and find even more revelations. In I forget how many 9,40,45acp Glock pistols and I would guess conservatively north of 30,000 rounds over 25 years no Glock breakages in my hands or anyone that I know. Odds are better it seems with Glock pins than with a new pistol 4 months old and multiple pin breaks.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/06/18
She's back.

Another 200 through today.

One stuck case (fed aluminum case) shooting weak hand. Did a couple more mags like that with no issues.

Damn nice trigger. Sights are very good. Grip texture is spot on.

Stay tuned.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/07/18
I am going to shoot mine again tommorow
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/09/18
another 50 rounds today, runs like a top, groups half the size of a shield 9mm I shot against it. I like the grip angle, the trigger, and the sights. The 13 rounds it holds is pretty significant. Lighting strike is manufacturing a SS striker, it ain't gonna be cheap but its stainless steel. They have the prototype in a range gun, so far 1450 rounds on the striker and no problems. The Lighting strike group is solid, when they release a product it works no question.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/10/18
I'll keep my eye out for one...lol.

I ran another 75 or so through it the other day. Had another guy shoot it as well.

I'm going to try and get another 7-800 through it soon. Give that striker a workout...haha.

Been hard to concentrate as I picked up a CZ p10c a week or so ago...not enough hours in the day.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/10/18
Got an email today that the LSPI strikers were in stock and ready to ship. Got one for my 365.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/10/18
price? What is it made of?

Not cheap but the only other option in the event something goes wrong is sending the whole gun back to Sig only to get another limited time striker put in.

I wonder if the real problem is a timing issue which would explain the primer drag people see with them and that would stress the firing pin tip. If so, only a matter of time before they go. Hopefully Sig engineers will fix the real problem whatever it is.
can you send a link?
Posted By: SargeMO Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/10/18
I didn't read the whole thread. Before I buy any newly introduced carry gun, I let the gremlins get worked out. If I was a 9mm guy and had a 26 that worked, I'd hang with that. You can always slide a G17/19 mag in your back pocket if you anticipate needing beaucoup ammo.
I cannot find LPSI.
https://shop.lspi.com/Steel-Striker-For-SIG-P365-Pistols-LS-7365.htm
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/11/18
Hahaha. Lightning strike my friends in Lawrenceville.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/12/18
Or just buy an H-K VP9 SK................best of the bunch, IMO.

MM
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/12/18
I would like to shoot your VP-9 SK! I believe if you shot the P365 you would like it. I am going to check out the striker before I buy it to be sure it does not alter the trigger pull. It is no exaggeration to say that this gun produces 1/2 the group size as any glock, holds 13 and is smaller than a g43. When your shooting 2-3 1.00 a shot cartridges into a 3 inch bull at 25 yards with a mini gun it makes you smile
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/18/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/19/18
The Rockwell hardness of 70 didn't sound right to me. That along with buyers remorse for spending $100 on a striker was enough for me to send it back and take my chances with the Sig part. Steel of that strength is typically pretty brittle, which seemed to be the problem with the bad batch of P365 strikers that were breaking, so that didn't give me much confidence that I was doing any worthwhile upgrades.

According to Sig there's a < 1% chance mine will break. That along with the > 99% chance I won't use my gun in a self defense scenario gives me enough confidence in the Sig as it sits. I will pass the 1000 round mark today and continue to shoot it regularly.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/19/18
I am going to keep it, I know the manufacturer. They have sold over 50 of them and their test P365 in their rental cabinet has one installed and has 2000 plus rounds through it. In addition the trigger pull is better. I tested it a few dozen, in one string I unloaded 10 rounds in under 2 seconds. Call me foolish but a CNC milled SS part makes a lot more engineering sense than MIM.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/20/18
The one I got didn't do anything for my trigger pull, felt the same. The weight and demensions were almost identical so I'm sure they will work fine for those that want one. The hardness and price just turned me off. I'd be curious as to what steel they are using and how it's being hardened without becoming too brittle. At 1100 rounds and many dry fires, I'm not too worried about mine going bad. This little gun eats everything so far.
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/20/18
I am going to keep it, I know the manufacturer. They have sold over 50 of them and their test P365 in their rental cabinet has one installed and has 2000 plus rounds through it. In addition the trigger pull is better. I tested it a few dozen, in one string I unloaded 10 rounds in under 2 seconds. Call me foolish but a CNC milled SS part makes a lot more engineering sense than MIM.

I won't call you foolish, but I can tell you aren't an engineer, and don't know what makes "engineering sense". There are plenty of times when MIM makes more sense to use, but you might have to be familiar with the engineering and manufacturing details behind it to understand why.

I also question the "Rockwell 70" hardness number and suggest that it's misleading at best. Being quite familiar with 17-4 stainless steel, I know that it can't be hardened to 70 on the Rockwell C scale, which is the standard scale used for hardened steels. At full hardness it can only reach ~42-43 Rc. But of course LSI doesn't specify which Rockwell hardness scale, so the number is a meaningless marketing gimmick. LSI is probably using the Rockwell A scale, with the thought that 70 sounds better than 40 and most people won't know the difference. Personally that's enough to push me away; I'm not interested in being a sucker for someone's marketing speak.

Personally if I were making an aftermarket "improved" striker, it wouldn't be with 17-4 anyway. It's a great steel, but I don't think that's the right steel for that application.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/20/18
Let’s see you don’t own a P365, have not tried the striker, are not aware that factory mim strikers have broken, are not an engineer but suddenly have more knowledge than a company that has been making strikers for well over 10 years? What are your credentials yondering? I have often wondered what your background is because you know more than anyone else about guns?
I have 3 of their strikers and have had two for years. So fill us in as I will hold my tongue as you expound from your knowledge base.
Posted By: pal Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/20/18
...There are plenty of times when MIM makes more sense to use...

Yeah, when you absolutely must cut cost, and the mechanical properties are not critical.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/21/18
I had a chance to handle a Sig 365 today. Wasn’t really impressed, especially side by side with my Glock 43.

A few extra rounds is nice, but I can buy 9 round mags.

Reliability is key, and ergonomics are key, and the 365 didn’t fit my hand as well as the Glock 43, or a Glock 26, for that matter.

I’m unconvinced the 365 is a game changer.

Didn’t shoot it, so maybe I missed the magic part.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/21/18
My 365 shoots better for me than my G43. Better in the sense that I am more accurate with the 365 (probably due to the trigger) and the Sig definitely shoots smoother, less snappy. Neither fit my hand as good as a Glock 19 but having 11 or 13 rounds of 9mm in a pocket sized gun is nothing to turn your nose up at. While it's not rendering the Glock 43 or M&P Shield obsolete, I think it has raised the bar for design with the micro 9's.
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/21/18
Ive been following this thread for several weeks. I have now been carrying and shooting my P365 for about 6 weeks. I have almost always carried 1911s and hadn’t really planned to switch EDCs. I also have Shields in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45ACP. I like the Shields quite a bit, especially with the Talon grips on the 9s & 40s, as they are a bit narrow for my hand.

However, after handling the P365, now having shot several hundred rounds through it and carried it daily for weeks, I’m convinced about my choice to use it as my EDC.

The grip angle, thickness, surface and length fit my hand particularly well, making hitting with it easy and consistent. The sights present a quick sight picture both in daylight and night. I prefer straight 8s, but these Sig X-rays are quite good for 3 dot tritiums.

I had one slide lock failure on my second magazine but it was clearly due to operator error. I usually shoot thumbs high and forward and had this type of grip with the right thumb on the slide lock, causing this malfunction. I’ve now adjusted my grip so the thumb rests under the slide lock. No other rmalfunctions with either FMJs or a variety of HP SD loads.

Although I’m very skeptical of marketing hype, I believe this subcompact high capacity pistol is a breakthrough. The level of concealability combined with the 11 or 13 round capacity and shootability make the P365 stand apart. This pistol is what the Shield or G-43 should have been,
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/21/18
Its not a bad pistol, I have over 600 rounds now through mine, I do like the grip angle and the trigger better than the g43. The G43 and shield are still well proven designs, the glock will eat anything at anytime and go bang. I like them both as well. If you had $550 to buy a CCW to me it would still be a toss up between the G43 and the P365, with the shield in there somewhere, because I am more used to the glock trigger.
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/21/18
Let’s see you don’t own a P365, have not tried the striker, are not aware that factory mim strikers have broken, are not an engineer but suddenly have more knowledge than a company that has been making strikers for well over 10 years? What are your credentials yondering? I have often wondered what your background is because you know more than anyone else about guns?
I have 3 of their strikers and have had two for years. So fill us in as I will hold my tongue as you expound from your knowledge base.

Actually I am an engineer, specifically a mechanical test engineer; my career is in breaking things, which includes having a good idea of how and where they could break before hand. I'm also a machinist and sometimes gunsmith on the side, and work a lot with various tool steels and 17-4 stainless. I heat treat my own 17-4 parts; when I said I was familiar with it I didn't just mean that I know what it is.

I have never claimed to know more than anyone else, but with my background I do know more than the average bear about this sort of thing.
Posted By: johnw Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/21/18
I'd question the choice of machineable stainless to make a striker for a defensive pistol. I'd prefer a suitable carbon alloy tool steel machined striker.

If faced with the choice of machined stainless or an MIM striker, i'd likely opt for the MIM unit. MIM parts strike no fear in my heart. I work in heavy industry and some of the MIM components used endure incredible wear cycles. I understand that there has been some breakage in factory strikers, and even a 1% rate raises my eyebrows.

Machined stainless is generally a trade-off. Also useful in many applications, but there are many variables as to hardening and heat treating. I don't see the need for heat or corrosion resistance in a defensive pistol striker, so i'd choose different properties and a different steel.

All of this said, and i don't know what steel they are using for the sig striker. More questions than answers, but i'm pretty sure that sig will nail it down...
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/21/18
Did you read the part where several had broken in a low # release product.
I understand that there is a trade-off in just about everything and that nothing mechanical is perfect.

If I find a p365 I will buy it, but haven't laid eyes on one to date. MSRP for the unit runs about 20% of my weekly gross, and they are experiencing some mechanical failures.

In 1970, my father who did the same work that i do now, bought a model 27 S&W. It cost him a full weeks pay, IIRC. 2nd trip to the range and he had a mechanical failure. He was upset, but S&W made it right.

In 1970, durable goods were generally higher priced, but perceived to be of better quality. the difference was likely due to the cost of extensive cycle testing and evaluation.

Everything changes but nothing is new or different. Just a little variation on angle...

[quote=johnw. I understand that there has been some breakage in factory strikers, and even a 1% rate raises my eyebrows.

[/quote]

Not much wrong with my reading skills...

And there are more gun owners and higher demand today than ever.

With absolutely no knowledge of sale figures for either one, I'll bet you a coke that the p365 has already eclipsed the Smith model 27 in numbers sold.
I'd enjoy buying you the coke if I'm wrong...
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/21/18

I'm not sure why you thought either of us missed that? That is what we're talking about here after all...

Sig obviously has a design or manufacturing issue with their 365 striker, hopefully they'll address it. I don't think it's accurate or informed though to say it's because they used MIM for the striker, it would be more realistic to say it's because they didn't design it correctly for an MIM part, or there's something about their MIM process that allows a few bad parts to wind up in customer guns. Keep in mind Glock has been using the MIM process for many years for their strikers with excellent results.

A good tool steel striker could certainly be more durable, as well as lighter. But that's not what LSI is doing with their striker. Johnw's comments on the material choice are spot on; I'm guessing he knows a bit about steels too.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/22/18
A new release in January now has more guns sold than a smith and Wesson classic revolver, that’s rich. We had 5 come in and out of the 5 we had 1 striker that broke. The test gun with the new stainless striker has more than 2000!rounds fired no problems Logic tells me that based on the above the LS striker is reasonably good to at least 2000 rounds (so far).
Posted By: MOGC Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/22/18
Regarding the reference to Glock's use of MIM, if I'm not mistaken they did in fact have some issues with MIM parts. Kimber did as well.
Posted By: johnw Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/22/18
Originally Posted by MOGC
Regarding the reference to Glock's use of MIM, if I'm not mistaken they did in fact have some issues with MIM parts. Kimber did as well.

I don't have specific knowledge of the issues with glock or kimber parts. I suspect though, that it was an engineering or design flaw, rather than a flaw with the MIM process. A poorly engineered part cannot be saved by any forming process.

And there can be and are issues with the MIM process. But standard QA procedures are real good at catching them before they leave the facility where they are made.

The MIM process is so exact that a simple part weight indicates quality very well. Ultra sonic inspection is nearly infallible.

QA is not a free service though. It costs, and cost can be an issue in modern manufacturing.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/22/18
Tool steel was blessed by our Lord and Savior John Moses Browning. MIM is the Devil's work.

I grabbed this off of the 1911 forum.
Most of the MIM parts I see are tool steel. You can MIM 4140. There's also a lot of stainless MIM where I work. MIM is a forming process, and it's very well thought out and generally well executed. I work in one of the largest metal rolling mills in the world and we use a LOT of MIM parts. Hydraulic Spools, valve internals, small gears and cams. Some of this stuff is used in brutal conditions. Untold millions of cycles. And it excels.

I haven't seen an informed opinion yet on what is wrong with MIM formed parts. Machined tool steel breaks too. It's only steel.

And I am no metallurgist. I'm no design engineer. No machinist (not much anyway)...
But I'll take MIM in any suitable application without qualms, given proper design and QA practices.
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/22/18
Good post John. I think that's something a lot of folks here don't realize, that MIM is a process, not a material. Just like CNC is a process, although some seem to think that's a material too. MIM can be used to make soft parts, hard parts, strong parts, weak parts, etc, and the design specs and quality control are just as important to the final outcome as any other manufacturing process.
I am a rocket scientist or at least claim to be one on the fire. MIM parts have a bad reputation in guns for a reason, because a higher percentage of them break than milled steel. You can say its a process, you can say it depends on how its done, and so be it, CNC cutting a steel part based on the information that I am familiar with has a statistically higher chance of being a reliable part. Does this say that MIM is bad, why no it just says that many manufacturers don't know how to do it right, so you have more bad parts. I don't buy any conversation about milling a good piece of steel into a bad part as its either milled to spec or its not and the tensile strength of the metal is the tensile strength of the metal. With MIM your introducing another variable.

If you can provide documentation that a MIM tool steel part is stronger has better tensile strength than a 17-4 SS milled part, then I will listen to you, but other than that your just two guys on the internet. I will just ignore that the part has to be made correctly in other words the mim part is manufactured well for the sake of this discussion.

Finally here are two guys that don't even own the pistol pontificating on the parts therein.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/22/18
I have often wondered if the problems with mim gun parts is rooted in the money saving aspect.

1. When you go
down the quality above everything road, you forget nickels, dimes and dollars to make a superior product.
"This improves the part 10%, it's only money."

2. The opposite. "This new process saves 30%, by doing this we pay 5% more and increase strength 22%."
"GFY, the engineer said xyz would work, and we ain't spending any more money".

The road to cost cutting, leads to a cheap product. How far down it does one go?
As for myself, I'd choose a through hardening steel with excellent impact and yield resistance. I don't see 17-4 stainless in that role. Not at all sure that tensile strength has much bearing on a striker...

But you go with what you want to.
Your correct the term is toughness.
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/22/18
Jimmy, I think we all know from reading this forum that engineering and other related things we're discussing here are not your area of expertise; that doesn't make anyone think less of you for it. What does speak less of you though is when you pretend you know better anyway. Most of your rant above is just further evidence that you're over your head on this stuff, like talking about tensile strength for example. No need to get hurt feelings or keep your ego tied to a gun part.

Like Johnw said, if someone wants to make an aftermarket striker from an appropriate steel with good hardness, wear resistance, and toughness, it'd be great. Tensile strength has very little to do with it. But your buddies at LSI appear to have chosen 17-4 just based on the fact that it's popular lately for certain other gun parts, and then used misleading marketing to make it sound good. That has nothing to do with MIM, and everything to do with designing a part correctly. Sorry if that offends you but it's as straight up as I know how to say it.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/23/18
My ego is not involved. I have both parts and could put the mim part back in. If you have some valid documentation that a MIM part is tougher than a 17-4 stainless part post it up. I cannot for the life of me understand why MIM parts have a bad reputation!
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/23/18
David Walter - I agree 100%. Indeed Reliability is key, especially for a PD gun Same reason the military has such stringent tests.

I like the concept of the Sig, hopefully it and other potential similar platforms will gain a track record like i.e. Shields and 43s in reliability/durability.

Nothing is perfect or immune to Murphy's Law...but, I do like time-proven products. Great thread and posts by all. Very informative.
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 05/23/18
If you have some valid documentation that a MIM part is tougher than a 17-4 stainless part post it up.

Jimmy, you're still missing part of what we're saying here. MIM is not a specific type of material. 17-4PH stainless can be MIM, and often is in certain applications.
If you're just arguing that MIM is weaker than bar stock of the same material, sure, in most cases that is correct. But choosing a better material can more than make up for that difference. I doubt any of us in this conversation know what material Sig used for the 365 striker, although given that it has some issues I wouldn't be surprised if they made a poor material choice to save a few cents per part. Ranting or complaining about the use of MIM parts shows a lack of understanding; the rant should be aimed at Sig for poor design or materials choices.

Here's a good link that might help in understanding the pros and cons of MIM and what materials it can be used for: http://www.pim-international.com/me...terial-options-and-component-properties/

My point was never that a machined billet striker is inferior to an MIM striker, or that the factory 365 striker is good. My point was that in my opinion, 17-4 is not an ideal choice for a striker material, and LSI's marketing description of it is somewhat misleading. It may still be an improvement over the factory striker, but I think they missed some opportunities that others will pick up in the future.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 06/05/18
an update! the magazine release button after carrying in a kydex holster on a regular basis during the hot days here has rusted! I will continue to shoot the gun, I have a holster and a striker invested in it , SIG is being run by someone who is too cheap to add 40 cents to use the right metal for a gun that will be carried all the time. Its a shame this little pistol shoots better than any glock I have owned, holds as many rounds as my first 9mm a browning high power and yet some how SIG finds a way to screw up a winner. Gun is shooting fine, no problems today another 50
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 06/08/18
Another 50 today, still works fine
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 06/09/18
Shot another 75 rounds through my P365 this week, paying special attention to the primers on the fired cases. Minimal to no drag imprints. Guess I'm lucky I have 'one of the good ones'. I'm not obsessing about the striker business.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 06/09/18
The Sig P365 is one of the first rollouts I can recall where people are proud to go on a gun forum and announce that their gun went through another box or two of ammo without a problem. There also are a lot of "400 flawless rounds" posts. Keep shooting, folks. I would like to try one, eventually.

P.S. I saw a post yesterday by a guy claiming that his new gun was missing a spring that holds a pin in place. THR Post
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 06/11/18
I hear that SIG is run by a man who believes in cutting corners. What is amazing Is that I cat Hit a 2 inch Bullseye at 20 yards with 147 grain Federal 147 grain HST ammo with slow careful shooting. My Glock 43 does not shoot that well. I have a G43, a Shield in 9mm and 45ACP, and the p365 a few g19’s and a G17.

The 9mm Shield will be sold soon. Most accurate of the group, P365, then Shield 45, then G43, then lastly the shield. The p365 is my primary carry weapon, I have the LS striker in it and carry it in a cooks kydex holster. Mine failed to lock back one outing when run dry, but this not happened again. I do feel a small pistol can be fired incorrectly and your left hand can rub the slide.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/01/18
Buh bye striker number 2.

First gone at 600...this one lasted around 1200.

Pissed...
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/01/18
Word on the forums is that the latest iteration of the P365 has a redesigned striker. There are pictures of it on Sig Forum.
Posted By: BamBam Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/01/18
Buh bye striker number 2.

First gone at 600...this one lasted around 1200.

Pissed...

That is not good news, I have just under 1000 rounds out of my 365, so far so good, pissed, is an understatement. I’m sure they will get the situation rectified the problem is when.
Posted By: MOGC Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/01/18
Military Arms Channel on that video hosting place has a P365 that can only be fired UPSIDE DOWN. Their video is worth watching. I don't think I've ever seen a newly released pistol with such a wide variety of serious issues.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/01/18
I'm only giving them one more shot on this thing...

Until then it's Glock 43 in the pocket...
Looks like waiting a full year for them to get the wrinkles out was a good idea.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/02/18
I'm wondering if they will have it figured out in a year.

This is crap.

I've got $350 or so in ammo through it at 18 cents a round.

If they fix it again I'm burning another 1k though it before I carry it, so there's another $180.

By then it'll be ready for springs.

Who's paying for all of this R&D?
I'm wondering if they will have it figured out in a year.

This is crap.

I've got $350 or so in ammo through it at 18 cents a round.

If they fix it again I'm burning another 1k though it before I carry it, so there's another $180.

By then it'll be ready for springs.

Who's paying for all of this R&D?

You.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/02/18
Word on the forums is that the latest iteration of the P365 has a redesigned striker. There are pictures of it on Sig Forum.

I have seen the new striker, the tip is even longer or looks longer to me. The trigger is not as good and they are putting the gun in a smaller plastic case. Mine is back at the factory for 3 weeks getting a new magazine release button. The one I had rusted pretty bad. My buddy has one of those small Springfield XDS or what ever it is a mini 45, he has carried it for two years and the metal release button is not rusted on his. SIG is a 90 percent company, they make an innovative little pistol, wonderfully accurate, amazing magazine capacity for its size and then put a POS MIM striker in it that breaks easily, put what must be a poorly blued magazine release button in it and call it good. In my note to the factory I said as much and said use SS for the external parts and charge more money! They are a far far cry from the 220 and 228 I had 20 years ago. If glock comes out with a 13 shot mini 9mm that is about as accurate I think I will sell the P365. Right now its hold on me is its accuracy and the capacity. My copy has been reliable. Whoever is running Sig now is either an arrogant man or he is just not that bright.
Posted By: Waders Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/03/18
The thing that gripes me about Sig is that they lie about what's going on. They claimed everything was fine with the P365 striker but then quietly changed it. Consumer videos documented the change that, according to Sig, never happened--until Sig got exposed, then they proudly announce how they are "improving" the gun to make it even better.

I was rooting for Sig up until the P365 fiasco. But, now, they're too similar to how Kimber has handled their rifle debacle...
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/03/18
Originally Posted by Waders
The thing that gripes me about Sig is that they lie about what's going on. They claimed everything was fine with the P365 striker but then quietly changed it. Consumer videos documented the change that, according to Sig, never happened--until Sig got exposed, then they proudly announce how they are "improving" the gun to make it even better.

I was rooting for Sig up until the P365 fiasco. But, now, they're too similar to how Kimber has handled their rifle debacle...

Same thing they did with the 320, and the 556 issues before that. Anybody notice a pattern? I'm sure some of the fanboys will be along to tell us how good Sig is though...

The 365 is an awesome concept; too bad Sig forgot to tell the first customers that they're beta testers. I look forward to trying one when the bugs are worked out in a couple years.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/03/18
I read everywhere that “Sig will make it right” and to “wait a year.” But, who is to say that Sig will ever get it right with this model? The objective of the model appears to have been to make a significantly higher capacity gun in a lighter, shorter length, shorter height, narrower gun than all of the competition combined. Any of those goals alone would have presented engineering challenges, but doing them in one gun is really testing the outer limits. The stats look so good on paper that tens of thousands of people are rushing to get one in spite of the issues that have resulted in numerous rolling upgrades. I am not sure that I ever will get comfortable enough to trust one.
I read everywhere that “Sig will make it right” and to “wait a year.” But, who is to say that Sig will ever get it right with this model? The objective of the model appears to have been to make a significantly higher capacity gun in a lighter, shorter length, shorter height, narrower gun than all of the competition combined. Any of those goals alone would have presented engineering challenges, but doing them in one gun is really testing the outer limits. The stats look so good on paper that tens of thousands of people are rushing to get one in spite of the issues that have resulted in numerous rolling upgrades. I am not sure that I ever will get comfortable enough to trust one.

Good points. That's pushing engineering to its limits, and that's never a good thing when it comes to producing something that works reliably and that will hold up to heavy use.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/04/18
SIG has better marketing than they have products, the recent selection of the 320 by the Army, their continued problems and the way they treat their customers makes me think they are part of the swamp.
Posted By: JB in SC Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/04/18
Mine has been 100% reliable, not a bobble with the ammo I use, over 500 rounds so far. Mine was built 6-22-2018.

It has been a good so far, small and light, good sights and magazine capacity for such a tiny pistol.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/04/18
If the striker drag that I see in the videos is common, it is a big component of the broken strikers.
They might fix the strikers, but the issue will remain. Can it be 100% solved?
When guns get this short, there is only so much room to recoil, cam out of battery, extract and eject, and clear the mag to pick up the next round.
We are reaching the limit of being able to get it all done reliably.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If the striker drag that I see in the videos is common, it is a big component of the broken strikers.
They might fix the strikers, but the issue will remain. Can it be 100% solved?
When guns get this short, there is only so much room to recoil, cam out of battery, extract and eject, and clear the mag to pick up the next round.
We are reaching the limit of being able to get it all done reliably.

This.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/06/18
I've had a handful of light primer strikes and failures to extract. They are very rare and I originally assumed it was ammo related but still happening with certain ammo that functions fine with my Glocks. Really contemplating whether or not to send it back for service or trade it for another Glock 43 and see what happens with Sig QC in the future. The more negative I read about them the less confidence I have in it. Really hope Sig listens to their customers and steps up their game. Cheap parts from India aren't going to fly in todays market.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/06/18
If you are patient, they will get this worked out.
Hopefully, without frame/slide changes that leave 1st Gen owners stranded.
They built prototypes that worked.
The problem comes when they went to production techniques.
Then, once there are big numbers of parts available, they rush to $ell guns.
Instead of testing the production product throughly.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/06/18
yep you could carry 2 glock 43's. Regards SIG will make it right, we will see, this I think will finally be my last sig product. A glock may not be accurate but it is damn reliable.
yep you could carry 2 glock 43's. Regards SIG will make it right, we will see, this I think will finally be my last sig product. A glock may not be accurate but it is damn reliable.

Glocks aren't accurate??
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/07/18

Wife keeps one with her.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/07/18
Apparently mine was one of the first to go...so my replacement striker was put in before they ironed out the problem.

Yes. I know...I'm being fed bullshit.

Sorry to have this. My first pistol was a 220 in 1996. The thing runs like a top.

This thing...not so much...
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/07/18
No the Gen3 guns and my G43 are not as accurate. Out of the box the P365 shot groups half the size of a Gen3 G19 with several different types of practice ammunition. The G43 is fine and I passed a shooting course with one but it is not as “precise” as the P365. The trigger and the sights are better on the SIG as well.
My Glock 43 was the TALO edition, so had some nice sights on it when I bought it.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/08/18
Had one on backorder thru Brownells for months, and cancelled it when Murdoch's had them locally on sale for July 4th. Finally got out to the gravel pit today. The 12rd mag's size suits me best. Ran 200rds of white box thru it, initially all presenting then double or triple taps, and ended shooting a couple mags strong side and weak side. Had three light primer strikes, three failures to go into battery, most of that was in the first 100rds. Keeping my thumbs from contacting the slide took some practice - it's little. Threw brass all over hell initially, but that too settled down, mostly into a four or five foot square by the end. The positive part? Shot with remarkable precision. Really, really enjoyed shooting it. Trigger very decent; bit of striker pistol mush but short. Grip texture is nice. Sights are excellent. Reminded me of shooting the little sig 238, another diminutive pistol that shoots better for me than it should. In contrast, struggled in the past with the 938 some, the glock 43 blech, and the walther PPS while somewhat better I just don't feel one with it. Time will tell. If the above mentioned blips go away with break-in (and technique), and of course the striker holds together, am looking at a favorite at last. Little gun is a shooter. p.s. did not see any primer strike swipes, fwiw.
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/25/18
Got my P365 back from Sig, was only 10 days without it.

I sent it in for the occasional FTE with Walmart Winchester white box 115gr, occasional light primer strike with Tula steel case, both occurred less than 1% of the time but I also wanted all the upgrades. I got a new trigger return spring and they polished the hump around it, got the new striker design, and a new, stronger extractor spring. I put 250 rounds of the problematic ammo through it when it came back with 0 malfunctions of any kind. Going to keep shooting it but feel like Sig has addressed the majority of the issues with these.
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/27/18
W700 - encouraging, thanks.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 07/28/18
So far, I have been impressed with the little platform. Best trigger on a striker fired pistol I've ever shot. As mentioned elsewhere, great accuracy from the P365......
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/21/18
Got mine back...put 100 through it... Got light strikes and no bang every 3-4 trigger presses...

Get less happy by the day with it.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/21/18
Ken I got one of the first to come out, I have put a Lightning strike striker in it and SIG replaced the magazine release button for me. It had rusted as I carry it 365! It turns out the cooks holster I had was allowing sweat to get onto the button and just stay there while I carried if hiking, working, what ever. I showed it to cooks and they made me a new holster on the spot. Great people, great holster. My gun has worked flawlessly except during the first 200 or so rounds it failed to lock back a couple of times and I don;t know why. I am considering buying another one, so may I ask "when did you buy yours"? thank you.
Posted By: pal Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/21/18
...Got light strikes and no bang every 3-4 trigger presses...

That really blows.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/22/18
I got mine around the beginning of April. Gen 2 with xray sights.

They never sent any paperwork back with it the second time so I inquired yesterday. Apparently they replaced the trigger bar spring along with the second striker.

Nearly 2k rounds total and five months later and I'm no where near ready to carry a gun I spent $550 on.

I'll be steering clear of sigs for a while after this episode.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/22/18
Cut that piece of schit in two with a cutting torch and send it back to Sig. Maybe they'll get the message to quit sending out junk.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/22/18
SIG’s treatment of us beta test customers could be better.
Posted By: ken999 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/24/18
I'll second that...
Posted By: Hi_Vel Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/28/18
I got mine around the beginning of April. Gen 2 with xray sights.

They never sent any paperwork back with it the second time so I inquired yesterday. Apparently they replaced the trigger bar spring along with the second striker.

Nearly 2k rounds total and five months later and I'm no where near ready to carry a gun I spent $550 on.

I'll be steering clear of sigs for a while after this episode.

this is what can happen when rigs are first released, without being tested thoroughly--especially when engineering is being pushed to near absolute limits.

i watched this review by Taran--couldn't believe he was using the Federal 115 gr. BPLE +p+ in that pipsqueak rig--amazing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgHRcv2M6PY
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/30/18
anyone have a more recently purchased P365 that is unhappy with it? Maybe the bugs are worked out now??
Posted By: sdgunslinger Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/31/18
bought one in June......it has been 100 % reliable , but I have only shot about 300 rounds

like others , I find it extremely easy to hit with , such a little gun just shouldnt shoot that good......
Posted By: dSmith_45 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 08/31/18
Just heard of the gun Wednesday when I went into a shop to check out a S&W Shield and order a Ruger 1 .35 Whelen.

Gun shop guy showed me the shield , and a G43 and then the P365. Knowing nothing of the inter web drama surrounding the pistol I bought it. Picked up a box of the Sig 365 115 ball and a box of the 365 115 JHP. Shot it yesterday. It is more accurate then my P226!
One thing gunshop guy told me is the Sig 365 9mm ammo is slightly shorter overall then normal spec 9mm. I did not measure so I can't confirm than. The Sig brand ammo ran perfect. Tried a few mags of WWB and had one fail to feed. S/N is 66A09xxxx
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
bought one in June......it has been 100 % reliable , but I have only shot about 300 rounds

like others , I find it extremely easy to hit with , such a little gun just shouldnt shoot that good......

Seems to be hit or miss, rather like the Kahr P9. Mine has been 100% since the day I bought it back when it was first introduced, but friends who've bought them have had lemons.
Posted By: johnw Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 09/01/18
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

Seems to be hit or miss, rather like the Kahr P9. Mine has been 100% since the day I bought it back when it was first introduced, but friends who've bought them have had lemons.

I know 3 guys locally who own the p365. All of them are completely happy with it. One of these pistols is the original unaltered iteration. 2 of these guys are CCW instructors and very serious shooters.

One local shop has sold 8 p365s as of last week. No returns and no problems reported to date. It's a small sample size, but significant in that the results seem to be uniformly good. The owner has read some of the internet hysterics around the firing pin issue, but tells me that in trade publications the p365 has a remarkable sales record with very few reported issues.
And the shop owner is a S&W fan, but tells me that the first p365 that is still on the shelf at the end of the day on which it arrives will be his.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 09/01/18
I have ordered my second copy, I just shoot the thing better than a glock.
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 10/07/18
My experience with my original P365 hasn’t changed from prior posts. I haven’t had any malfunctions and it is still my EDC now.

We now have 3 P-365 in the family, the last 2 with all the improvement mods that Sig has introduced. Specifically the new cone face strikers, which replaced the flat shoulder original Gen 1 version.

I’m looking for specific information from those who have replaced the original Gen 1 factory striker with the LightningStrike striker part. I am not looking to re-ignite the metallurgical or manufacturing methodology debates.

Simply put :
1) Do you have personal experience with the LightningStrike striker? If so,
2) How many rounds of live ammunition have you fired with the LS striker?
3) Do you use the LS striker in dry fire practice? If so, how many dry fire cycles do you estimate you’ve done?
4) Have you experienced a broken LS Striker since replacement of the factory original striker in your personal Sig P-365?

Thanks.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 10/08/18
My first P365 has 900 rounds through it, about 400 with the LS striker. I have had no problems with either striker.
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 10/15/18
Thanks
Posted By: 65BR Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 11/25/18
Bugs getting worked out it seems
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 11/25/18
I picked up a P365 on Friday and ran 100 flawless round through it yesterday. I'll put another 100-150 rounds through it and then start carrying it. Amazing little pistol that will fit in the same holster as my G42, but will hold 12+1 rounds of 9mm +p.

Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 11/25/18
I was surprised that I shot the P365 better than my Glock 42 and 43 and tied, or bettered, my Glock 26 on my first range visit with the 365. I had a hard time believing it. My Sig only has about 400 rounds through it. I had one malfunction the first range visit, shooting weak hand. The last round in the magazine only got about half way into the chamber. I pulled the round out, loaded it into an empty magazine, locked the slide back, and fed it back into the gun by tripping the slide release. The round did not chamber fully, and it tied up the gun. After managing to get the round out of the chamber, I learned that the mouth of the case had been pushed back in one spot, which probably made the round out-of-spec. (ETA: It was factory Winchester White Box.) I had more malfunctions than that out of my Glock 43 right out of the box.

The P365 easily fits into an IWB holster that I have for a Glock 43, a Safariland ALS holster for a Glock 42/43, and it also fits in an Alabama pocket holster for a Glock 42.

The primer drag marks on my October build P365 are still pretty bad with the Winchester White Box 115, Speer standard pressure 124 Gold Dots, and Buffalo Bore 147 +P hard cast Outdoorsman that I have shot through it. My 124 grain hand loads are not as bad on the primers.

As for the original question, Glock 26 versus Sig P365, I think it depends on the mission. The Glock 26 is a tank, and it could meet my criteria for one gun for all purposes. The 26 weighs about 4 ounces more than the 365 loaded and is wider than the 365, but it handles any kind of ammo without drama and can be neglected and abused and expected to work. I carry a 26 in the woods loaded with Buffalo Bore +P hard cast. I do not see the Sig P365 standing up to the abuse that a 26 could take. The sides of the 365 grip are extremely thin to the point where I think I could crack one side just by thumb and index finger pressure if there is no magazine in the gun. I question whether a couple of nights in extreme sub-zero temperatures (a possibility where I hang) could render the 365 plastic brittle. I also think that the long Sig rails, like the rails on traditional Sigs, call for more liberal lubrication than Glocks. But, for carrying in all but the worst conditions, with a properly lubricated gun, I think that a properly vetted P365 is easier to carry and may not take as much practice to stay in condition as the 26.
Posted By: alukban Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 11/25/18
...and the 26 can take 30 round happy sticks for “shelter in place” smile
Originally Posted by alukban

32 round.
Posted By: Waders Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 11/26/18

32 round.

32 rounds if they're ProMags. 33 if it's a Glock mag.
Originally Posted by Waders

32 round.

32 rounds if they're ProMags. 33 if it's a Glock mag.

Yep. I meant 33.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 11/26/18
Well, for my purposes of carrying it in an office atmosphere, where customers don't have a clue that it's there, the Sig P365 has been a great asset. It's a tool, not the only tool in the box, but a tool just the same.

I use different tools, dependent upon my environment. In the Mountains, I usually take an S&W Mountain Gun in .45 Colt. Traveling, or fishing in Urban areas like Detroit River, Saginaw River, G19 with a S&W 38 BUG.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 11/26/18
oddly I feel more confident in my abilities with the P365 than my glock 19. I have the 12 round magazine for it. At some point any pistol is not enough, yesterday near the town I live in a "youth" had a big M&P stuck in his sweat pants going into the pizza place, he did not see me watch him put his jacket on over it, too young to have a CCW permit and seemingly too young to be driving the $80,000 BMW he was driving. I wonder what his line of business was? Sadly this is getting more and more common, I feel more confident with a pistol I can make hits with than a pistol that has more misses in it. Why you could just move to LA with that 33 round magazine!
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/07/18

I do not see the Sig P365 standing up to the abuse that a 26 could take. The sides of the 365 grip are extremely thin to the point where I think I could crack one side just by thumb and index finger pressure if there is no magazine in the gun. I question whether a couple of nights in extreme sub-zero temperatures (a possibility where I hang) could render the 365 plastic brittle. I also think that the long Sig rails, like the rails on traditional Sigs, call for more liberal lubrication than Glocks. But, for carrying in all but the worst conditions, with a properly lubricated gun, I think that a properly vetted P365 is easier to carry and may not take as much practice to stay in condition as the 26.

Update. I had a floor plate crack on a P365 magazine today after being dropped for about the 25th time on the same concrete floor that untold number of Glock magazines have repeatedly fallen upon for the last 7 years without sustaining any damage. The gun does continue to function and shoot well at about 950 rounds. I am going to have to order a pile of magazine floorplates, though.
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/07/18
Why are you intentionally dropping magazines on a concrete floor? Just don't care, or trying to find out if they'll break?
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/07/18
Why are you intentionally dropping magazines on a concrete floor? Just don't care, or trying to find out if they'll break?

Ever heard of a speed reload or training like you fight? You going to hang onto empty mags?

Because that is what the floor of the indoor range is made of. If I had been outside, it would have been snow and gravel and ice today.
Realism in training is a great idea, but put some kind of a Matt down so you don’t damage magazines.
I am not carrying a mat to the range. I cannot recall an issue of this nature with any carry handgun magazines that I have used in the last 30 years. I have tossed some PMag rifle magazines.
Those P365 mags are pushing mag engineering to the limit to fit so many in that small a mag. I guess it’s not surprising they’re a bit on the delicate side.
Those P365 mags are pushing mag engineering to the limit to fit so many in that small a mag. I guess it’s not surprising they’re a bit on the delicate side.

I agree. It hurts that they cost $38 per mag. At least they are readily available at this time.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/07/18
Shame to hear about the magazines, but then again compared to a shield or G43 or pm9 etc you need to drop them half as often.
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/07/18
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Ever heard of a speed reload or training like you fight? You going to hang onto empty mags?

The fact that I'm most likely going to do an administrative reload (replace a partial mag with a full mag) if I need to means yes, I train to hang on to my mags. I'm not a gun gamer, all my training is for fighting not competition.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/08/18
That's called a tactical reload. Administrative is removing/inserting a magazine with the pistol still in the holster, but good on you.
Posted By: Yondering Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/08/18
Ok. I really don't care much what you want to call it; I don't throw my magazines on the concrete floor for practice. It's entirely possible they'll hit the ground in a fight, but that's the least of my worries at that point.
Posted By: Waders Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/08/18

Update. I had a floor plate crack on a P365 magazine today after being dropped for about the 25th time on the same concrete floor that untold number of Glock magazines have repeatedly fallen upon for the last 7 years without sustaining any damage.

Not to worry--once their "delicate mag" problem gets sufficient publicity, Sig will release an official statement, denying that there's anything wrong with their mags, and then they'll quietly make necessary changes with no announcement of that fact. After that, somebody will discover the changes and post about it on the internet. Then, when cornered, Sig will announce that they are "continuing to improve" this "game changer" and they've made their "indestructible" magazines even "more indestructible." And, frankly, they will in all probability, solve the issue.

I like the idea of the P365 very much, but I'm not ready to roll the dice on one yet. I don't doubt the word of those whose experiences have been 100% positive, but neither do I doubt the folks whose P365's have broken or failed to run. At some point the P365 will consistently be as reliable as any other pistol its size. When that happens, and I believe it will, the P365 will have other manufacturers scrambling to catch up (in fact, you know they already are).
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/08/18
LOL. I may have gotten lucky for once.
Ok. I really don't care much what you want to call it; I don't throw my magazines on the concrete floor for practice. It's entirely possible they'll hit the ground in a fight, but that's the least of my worries at that point.

To clarify, I don't throw my magazines on the ground. It's just that I don't treat them special just because I am at the range, and emergency reloads are a skill that I like to practice. Magazines are wear items, consumables. I would prefer that they don't break as fast as this one, but I would rather know the quirks of the gun than find out in a jam. Guns that I wear a lot get banged around a lot. I do tend to keep some magazines more pristine primarily for carry, after they are checked out. (P.S. At this point, I probably will see how the magazine continues to function with the crack.)

I think this issue also lends some credence to my concerns expressed earlier about the thinness of the side panels of the gun's grip.
Posted By: JOG Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/08/18
Newsflash: Don't be surprised when your designed-to-be freakishly lightweight pistol and magazine is not as robust as a heavy duty one.

I've accidently broken a couple magazines. Soft/padded baseplates are sold for a reason. The most common Glock failure is the baseplate popping off and the spring ejecting. I practice dropping magazines at home on the carpet or over a bed. At the range there is always something I can put by my feet - a carpet, range bag, hat, etc. If you intentionally drop a magazine on a concrete floor - here's your sign.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/08/18
Originally Posted by JOG
Newsflash: Don't be surprised when your designed-to-be freakishly lightweight pistol and magazine is not as robust as a heavy duty one.

I've accidently broken a couple magazines. Soft/padded baseplates are sold for a reason. The most common Glock failure is the baseplate popping off and the spring ejecting. I practice dropping magazines at home on the carpet or over a bed. At the range there is always something I can put by my feet - a carpet, range bag, hat, etc. If you intentionally drop a magazine on a concrete floor - here's your sign.

So you stand in one place at the range? Interesting.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/08/18
Just did the math. In the last four weeks I’ve seen 7,000 M&P mags hit the floor. Probably 5000ish on a 1/4” hard may and the rest on concrete. About a dozen were ether thrown at the concrete or down range to convince people to stop babying them. That’ll happen twice a year.

Then another 7,000 will fall for a different class.

And that happens every year, plus elective classes.

So I’ve probably seen 100,000 mags hit the floor of our concrete range or that 1/4” mat and I’ve never seen a single mag break.

So in my experience a mag breaking in the first 50 drops does seem frail.
Are you asking if I have access to a concrete covered range I can move around on? If so, no.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Just did the math. In the last four months I’ve seen 7,000 M&P mags hit the floor. Probably 5000ish on a 1/4” hard may and the rest on concrete.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about M&P magazines either, but why do you figure a mat is used?
Originally Posted by JOG

It does seem obvious, and I said as much in this thread on November 25. But, Sig and most gun writers and semi-pro vloggers aren't going to say that, so it is up to end users to figure it out for themselves. Other potential issues include the possibility of spring fatigue with long term loaded magazines given the difficulty of loading the 10th round, and I do intend to let the gun sit outside overnight if we get a night of minus 20 sometime this winter. Inquiring minds want to know. It's not just academic.
Posted By: RDW Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/24/18
Any more factory updates?

Any recent purchases?
Originally Posted by RDW
Any more factory updates?

Any recent purchases?

I will wait another year or more. Till then, it's either the Glock 26 or the Glock 43 for maximum concealment needs.
Posted By: RDW Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/24/18
I don't know that I will sell the G26 but I would like to try out the 365.

I am not comfortable carrying the G26 in an Alien Gear CT 3.5 so I ordered a Comp-tac Infidel Ultra Max hybrid. If I find the right holster the slightly smaller size and weight of the 365 may not justify a new purchase.

I watched the Taron Butler video and he sure as hell can shoot the 365 but I bet he can shoot everything exceptional.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 12/24/18
I have two of them, a friend just purchased a brand new one, no problems at all for the last one I bought or my friends pistol, we both also have the 12 round magazines these work great. I carry my weapon in a cooks holster, very thin, easy draw and reholster. I sold my G27, G43, a G19, and a Shield, this weapon is simply more accurate, easier to hit with and holds more cartridges in a smaller easier to conceal container.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 01/05/19
Update. I have put approximately 400 more rounds through my P365 since I first experience a cracked base plate on a magazine. I have 3 flush-base magazines that I keep to the side loaded with carry ammo, and I am practicing with 4 flush-base magazines that I bought in November and December. The magazine with the cracked base plate (purchased in November) developed a new crack in the base plate on the other side today. One magazine (purchased in November) hangs up when ejecting the magazine much more frequently than the others. Another magazine that I just used for the first time yesterday (purchased in December) has a follower that comes out of the top of the magazine body at a weird angle. It has to be manipulated back in place before loading.

There were no malfunctions when shooting, though, and the gun continues to work great. The magazines just seem to be delicate. I have to send at least the slide back to get a new front night sight, so I will try to swap the magazines. My understanding from forum land is that Sig does not stock base plates because it buys the magazines from an outside vendor.
I'll stick with the G26 (with +2 mag bases) or the G43 (with +1 mag bases), thank you. Mags are cheap, work right, and last.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: CCW - G26 v Sig 365? - 01/07/19
I shot the P365 in an IDPA match yesterday. The accuracy was there, and the gun functioned 100%. But, the magazines really hang up on reloads, and the hard packed dirt and gravel were rough on the magazine base plates. I do not consider this to be a 5000 round per year gun.

Circling back to the main question:

I think it depends on what is meant by "year round" and "carry." For me, the Glock 26 falls on my short list of “one gun for everything.” The P365 does not. If year round carry involves an urbane lifestyle, like working in an office environment and going to stores, restaurants and movies, I think it could meet the criteria easily. If it involves activity where the gun is going to get banged around, I wouldn’t choose it. It certainly won’t replace my Glock 26 in the woods or when crawling around on the prairie sneaking up on antelope.

If "carry" means carrying it a lot and shooting only a few hundred rounds a year, I think the P365 has the edge there. The P365 fits in a Glock 43 Milt Sparks holster with some wiggle room, and it sligthly stretches, but works in, an Alabama pocket holster for a Glock 42 (no typo), so it is more convenient to carry as a general proposition.

I have both, so I can pick and choose. The P365 will not replace my Glock 26. My Glock 43 may be going down the road.

© 24hourcampfire