Home
Asking for advice on what brand/model I should look at for a Glock (29). This will be worn with a Mystery Ranch backpack and it needs to be secure but accessible.
Thanks in advance.
HPG kit bag. It can dock on the pack, stays with you when you drop the pack, holds tons of other useful stuff, keeps the gun out of harms way, and is very fast to access.
The Kenia holster thing is pretty cool
^^^ This ^^^

https://gunfightersinc.com/kenai-chest-holster/

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Originally Posted by 41magfan

Are they joking???

Too much plastic for that kind of money! Take a look at Double Diamond Guides Choice for about the same cash and don't look back! Been running one for about 10 years now I believe.

Took a nasty nosedive spill one evening, I was solo packing about 90-100 pounds of boned out Elk on my back. Slid downhill about 50' on my belly, head first, until I was able to grab some sage and stop myself. The back end of my handgun had mud packed on it, but otherwise was fine, and right where it belonged....still in the holster!

Frog
Another believer in the Hill People Gear kit bags...

Very comfortable and can carry everything from a snubby to a longslide...

Bob
HPG kit bag, get a Dale Fricke trigger guard holster to keep it safe and carry your essentials with you all the time.
http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1
Yep, HPG and a Dale Fricke Zacchaeus. Works great for toting any handgun that will fit (Zac is gun specific) and is useful for so many other little things you'd like to have handy. Really useful piece of gear.

That looks like it would work great.
The Kenai has no equal and is without peer. DD's are a Goatfhuqk Sponge and Moisture Trap,that is not nearly as comfortable or positive. Hint. Congratulations?!?

One very typically forgets they are even wearing it,due the comfort and ergo's.

Kydex for the win and by lightyears.

Hint...............
I bought a Simply Rugged Cuda for my Glock 40 with a Chesty Puller harness. I opted for oxblood finish and it ran 150 bucks. I like it. Can put the gun about anyplace I want it on the front of my torso. I can also remove the harness and wear it on my belt either strong side or cross draw. It rides high and is concealable. The harness is universal for other holsters they make. I like the versatility and a great company who stand behind their product.
Kenai comfort has NO equal. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No thang to bolt on waders,day pack and Grandbaby carrier,with the Kenai never batting an eye...while allowing a 34 to enter the scene as requisite. Hint.

'Twas a fair day.

Hint..................

Thanks to all for your answers. I got some studying to do now................
Great picture with the clan. Looks like a good day on the water!
Originally Posted by K1500
HPG kit bag. It can dock on the pack, stays with you when you drop the pack, holds tons of other useful stuff, keeps the gun out of harms way, and is very fast to access.

Originally Posted by RJM
Another believer in the Hill People Gear kit bags...

Very comfortable and can carry everything from a snubby to a longslide...

Bob

Originally Posted by TWR
HPG kit bag, get a Dale Fricke trigger guard holster to keep it safe and carry your essentials with you all the time.
http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Yep, HPG and a Dale Fricke Zacchaeus. Works great for toting any handgun that will fit (Zac is gun specific) and is useful for so many other little things you'd like to have handy. Really useful piece of gear.

No doubt!!!!
I never understood how the HPG kit bag made for fast access to a pistol. Isn’t the pistol positioned precariously and behind a zipper?
Firstly: HPG does make some good wares. The Kit Bag ain't it. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It is cumbersome,uncomfortable,less retention and poorly designed...if only for starters. It will get you killed. Hint.

Not to slight the HUMOR of Texans and their ilk,"talking" Bears and the "means" requisite. Hint.

Only (1) Bear in this frame(down stream windfall) from today,but saw 23 total. Hint.

You Droolers are a fhuqking HOOT!

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint..........................
HILARIOUS! A Retard trying to "communicate"! Congratulations?!?

I find it amazing,that you STUPID fhuqks don't police your own ranks. Hint.

Keep trying.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!........
Originally Posted by kingston
I never understood how the HPG kit bag made for fast access to a pistol. Isn’t the pistol positioned precariously and behind a zipper?

To draw it you don't "unzip". It's a double zipper. You grab the top opening and pull. It's the second option in the vid below. It's simple and fast. ..the kicker on this is it's a 2 hand deal to do it this way so if you can't use 2 hands it's a little longer. If you use a Zac or trigger holster you can leave the side open and one hand it very fast.

Discussing topics like this in the absence of some relative context will seldom yield any useful information. So with that in mind ....

A good leather holster (like the Double Diamond) is a great option until it gets really wet. It can take days to dry out and until it does, it will hold that moisture right next to your gun. That's obviously not a huge problem with some guns (like a Glock) so you'll have to decide if that's a relevant concern under the conditions you'll likely encounter. Obviously, wet leather is subject to mold, mildew and losing it's shape with repeated exposure.

As to the HPG Kit Bag, I have found it to be a very useful piece of gear, but not when getting the gun out in a hurry is a requirement. Now, I understand "in a hurry" is a subjective notion, but l can be reasonably confident in saying it's slow (probably too slow) compared to most other open carry options. More importantly however, presenting the gun from the Kit Bag safely and predictably requires two things; a body position that's conducive to getting the gun out and the use of both hands. In other words, the Kit Bag works best when you're standing flat-footed and using both hands to present the gun.

Hopefully, you can see the potential problems with that method of carry without any further discussion.

..... a body position that's conducive to getting the gun out and the use of both hands. ....

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
..... If you use a Zac or trigger holster you can leave the side open and one hand it very fast.

No doubt slower if completely zipped and you use 2 hands.

There's nothing faster than the method I quoted above.
I don't have any experience with chest holsters, but needing two hands to access a firearm is a big no-no for close quarters self-defense where the support hand may be needed for something else. I'd also want to position it in a manner that permits drawing with the support hand. If none of that is important to you, never mind.
Just picked up an Alaris tactical kodiak chest holster with holsters for Glock and Ruger Blackhawk . Well built , great fit both on me and the guns , no complaints .
If you can't complete a Bill Drill in < less than 3 seconds form an HPG kit bag w/ a kydex trigger cover like the Fricke you need more practice, and yes it can be done w/ only one hand used. Repetition is the mother of competence if repeated efficiently.

mike r
Alien Gear has a new chest holster out and it fits a lot of handguns. They are made in USA and guaranteed for life. Mine will be in this week.

https://aliengearholsters.com/cloak...dium=email&utm_campaign=agh-email-ad
© 24hourcampfire