-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Discussing topics like this in the absence of some relative context will seldom yield any useful information. So with that in mind ....

A good leather holster (like the Double Diamond) is a great option until it gets really wet. It can take days to dry out and until it does, it will hold that moisture right next to your gun. That's obviously not a huge problem with some guns (like a Glock) so you'll have to decide if that's a relevant concern under the conditions you'll likely encounter. Obviously, wet leather is subject to mold, mildew and losing it's shape with repeated exposure.

As to the HPG Kit Bag, I have found it to be a very useful piece of gear, but not when getting the gun out in a hurry is a requirement. Now, I understand "in a hurry" is a subjective notion, but l can be reasonably confident in saying it's slow (probably too slow) compared to most other open carry options. More importantly however, presenting the gun from the Kit Bag safely and predictably requires two things; a body position that's conducive to getting the gun out and the use of both hands. In other words, the Kit Bag works best when you're standing flat-footed and using both hands to present the gun.

Hopefully, you can see the potential problems with that method of carry without any further discussion.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 41magfan

..... a body position that's conducive to getting the gun out and the use of both hands. ....

Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
..... If you use a Zac or trigger holster you can leave the side open and one hand it very fast.

No doubt slower if completely zipped and you use 2 hands.

There's nothing faster than the method I quoted above.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have any experience with chest holsters, but needing two hands to access a firearm is a big no-no for close quarters self-defense where the support hand may be needed for something else. I'd also want to position it in a manner that permits drawing with the support hand. If none of that is important to you, never mind.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just picked up an Alaris tactical kodiak chest holster with holsters for Glock and Ruger Blackhawk . Well built , great fit both on me and the guns , no complaints .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If you can't complete a Bill Drill in < less than 3 seconds form an HPG kit bag w/ a kydex trigger cover like the Fricke you need more practice, and yes it can be done w/ only one hand used. Repetition is the mother of competence if repeated efficiently.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Alien Gear has a new chest holster out and it fits a lot of handguns. They are made in USA and guaranteed for life. Mine will be in this week.

https://aliengearholsters.com/cloak...dium=email&utm_campaign=agh-email-ad

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,745
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.