Home
Posted recently about getting a Glock G19 and G44 when the latter comes out. Well, I tried once again to like a Glock, I really tried. Rented a G19 Gen5 and G17 Gen5 this morning and put 50 rounds through each and the love just doesn't happen.

After shooting I found a helpful fellow and started looking at the Sigs - which I had never even thought about before - and that P365 and P320X really impressed me. The 365 is almost identical in size and weight to my Kahr CW9 7+1 but holds 10+1 with magazine options for 12 and 15 rounders and the trigger is a lot better. Then the P320 feels and points so much better than any Glock for me, and I love that flat trigger.

Came home and did my homework and the ability to buy one trigger group, basically, then add uppers and grip frames to change it to different configurations as desired is pretty cool. Not that I'd do that much since the sum of the parts cost is about the same or more than a new pistol but OTOH you can buy them mail order without going through an FFL.

The 365 can carry a lot of 9mm firepower in a very small size and a P320X Compact is about the same size as a G19 and only 4 oz heavier and comes with an MOS attachment point for the same price.

Sooo - what's the fire's experience/opinions with these two?

[Linked Image from sigsauer.com]

Posted By: jwp475 Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20

The Sig P320 & P365 are excellent IMHO
Posted By: SFCSNOW Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
I’ve ran a couple 100 rounds through both. Of the two I’d carry the 365. It’s a sweet little CCW.

With that said, I prefer the G43x over all CCWs out there. The grip just says yes to me. It doesn’t seem as snappy on the shot as the 365 either.

Once I get my hands on a few of the 15 round mags for the 43x it will be a hell of a package.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
]I have been a Glock person a long time but am able to shoot better with an out of the box P365.

The 9mm is the bestest! Besttier than any 45 for sure (for GD)
Posted By: TwoTrax Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
Picking up a P365 tomorrow. Ideal small every day carry IMO.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
I can only speak to the 365. A few months ago I looked at most of the legitimate brands of small 9mm's, narrowed it down to the Sig 365, the Glock 43 and the little S&W. I'd shot a few others the last few years as well. For me, the Sig 365 was the best choice. It's a solid gun. even small as it is, and with only the 10 round mag, it fits my hand so well I don't notice the fact that my little finger is off in space. I can shoot it surprisingly well. It carries behind the hip in a kydex IWB holster so easily I can forget it's there. I've put several hundred rounds through it without a single hiccup.
Posted By: JGray Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
I have a P365 and a P320 (compact model in 357 Sig) and like them both. My M&P and Shield haven't been shot much since I bought the Sigs...
I only have the 320 compact.The std magazine or 12 rd I don't shoot well . I bought a 15rd one and put a grip spacer on it and everything is good . The 12 rd one,my little finger hangs off and I keep pulling the shots low, not a problem with the 15 when my fingers are all on the grip. I must have run 500 rounds thru it with the 12's and I can't fix myself. I know what I am doing wrong, and if I work real hard at it each shot, I can do OK, but with the 15 rd one, they all go where I want them to. I looked at Glocks,but I couldn't get use to the grip and the way they felt. Not so with the Sig.

Looking at the 365,I wish I would have waited until they came out instead of buying the 320
Posted By: SeanD Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
I love my 365XL. I shoot it better than my M&P 2.0 compact and better than my Kahr.

It also carries way better appendix for me than my M&P, the vanguard clip holster probably helps. I’ve been carrying the Kahr in a daily in a pocket holster for years, I haven’t carried it at all after I got the 365XL.
The other 9mm’s don’t get carried or shot anymore since I got a Sig P365. It’s accurate, reliable, great trigger & sights, and conceals better than any 9mm I’ve ever owned.

Buy one and shoot the crap out if it. You won’t regret it.
And you’ll never leave it at home because it’s to big or doesn’t hold enough rounds.

Buy a carry holster and a pocket holster for it. It carries very well either way for me. Best carry gun I’ve bought for the money in a long time, IMO.
Posted By: JOG Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
Jim,

Make sure to get a look at the P365 XL. That model incorporates a couple of the items you mentioned you like about the P320X - a flat trigger and MOS. Otherwise, a flat trigger can be purchased separately for the standard P365 and P365 SAS.

I've owned a couple versions of the P320, and will probably settle on the M18 version for a keeper. The P365 is my usual carry pistol. The P365 has the same modularity as the P320, but obviously there aren't many options outside of a coyote color or laser decorated grip frame.
Sig has a well deserved reputation for making quality pistols.

I can't see any reason not to buy with confidence.
Carry a P365 frequently.....for the same reasons already listed. AMAZING little gun with plenty of power and ROH.....what's not to like?
my only problem with the sig pistols is that the magazines are expensive, they have better triggers and the xray sights are better sights for my eyes than what glock offers.
Since I'm 100% happy with the Glock 26 as a daily carry, I have no need to even consider changing. I just love the way it feels in my hand and shoots, it carries comfortably IWB, and doesn't print much at all. No complaints.

PS I, too, used to be a Glock hater, and tried them twice (once in the middle 1990s, and once in the early 2000s), and both times sold them.

It was only when I decided to try them a third time, five or six years ago, but to stick with it for a little longer, and make a more serious effort to adapt to them, that I fell in love with their handling and carrying characteristics. At this point, they all seem to fit me like a glove, carry great, and I can shoot them very well.

I don't feel the need to shop around.
PPS When the P320 first came out, I bought one and shot it side by side with my Glock. The difference in the recoil impulse was disturbing to me, in that there was noticeable flip with the P320, vs the Glock. That was enough for me to put the P320 up for sale. Since it was hard to find at that time, I had no trouble getting most of my money back on the sale.
Posted By: Savuti Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
BassPro had a sale the day before Thxgiving, so Santa brought three P365s to our house. One for me, the son and daughter.
Took the daughter out with hers on Boxing day and that little gun shot great, though I about wore a hole in both thumbs loading the mags. Brutal!
Invested in a Maglula and problem solved. Trigger is way better than any stock Glock I've used.

I also have tried to love Glocks. Replace the connnector or the entire trigger and the sights and I still have a gun that fits my hand with all the ergonomic finesse of a 2x4.
Will be carrying the 365 a LOT.
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
Jim, I can't give any opinion on the P365 as I don't have one nor have I shot one. I am currently carrying a G19 and have done so for years. To be honest, I'm not a Glock fan even though I still have multiple versions. But, I felt that the G19 was the best compromise (for me) in terms size for carry-ability and capacity.

About two years ago, I started shooting the P320 X5 in the carry optics division (after switching from a G34). It has the Leupold DPP 7.5 triangle. I liked it so much better and performed so much better than I did with the G34. So, after shooting that for a couple of years in competition, when the P320 X Compact came out, I bought one. I have almost 1,000 rds through it so far and I am fixing to switch to it as my main carry gun. I am going to place a Leupold DPP 2.5 on it as well.

I really like the gun. It hasn't had a single hiccup in those 1,000 rounds. I haven't even cleaned it yet, just bought it, loaded it and began shooting it. Maybe it's because I've been shooting the X5 already, but I don't perceive any extra muzzle flip as compared to the Glocks that I've been carrying and shooting for years.

The ergo's of the pistol fit me better and I am faster and have a more accurate first shot than I ever did with the Glocks. Now, I won't be selling the G19, but I like and shoot the X Compact well enough that I am switching.
What OWB and IWB holsters are you guys using with your SIG 365?

Laser/lights?
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Laser/lights?

I use Milt Sparks with my P365
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
I just bought the wife a 320 Xcarry in 9mm and she loves it. She was shooting a Sig 2022 and she thought it was to big for her. I too like the interchangeability of the grips and slides. I have several Sigs and I believe they are one of the best semi-autos manufactured. You can make them even better, I have installed Grey Gun spring kits in all of mine, except the 320's. She has not shot enough to get a feel for the trigger yet.

Laser/lights?

It's an easy pistol to carry so I went with simple and trim. Concealment Express for IWB which is on the bargain end of the spectrum, and a Desantis Mini Scabbard for OWB.

I ordered a Remora holster as well, but it hasn't showed yet. The P365 also works reasonably well in a LCP pocket holster (the factory Ruger).
i bought the p320-m18 with safety last year. it has about a seven pound trigger pull which i would like a little lighter.
my understanding is because of the safety, the after market trigger kits won't fit.
I use a cooks holster behind the right hip holster, very good holster, easy draw, thin, durable. I don't know about the pointing comments, the sigs point more naturally for me than the glocks.
Jim,

You mentioned on the other thread about cross training with G44/G19 so it's worth mentioning Sig has a CO2 version of the P365 for about $100. I'm not sure of the value training-wise, but it would be fun and use the same holsters. wink

P365 CO2

Edited: Crap, the link was right there and I was weak. I bought a flippin' BB gun. Thanks alot.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
i bought the p320-m18 with safety last year. it has about a seven pound trigger pull which i would like a little lighter.
my understanding is because of the safety, the after market trigger kits won't fit.

Call Grey Guns and ask about their spring kits.
A .22 trainer was a big part of why I initially got excited about the Glock G19/G44 and Ruger LCP II .380/.22 combos. But my range session yesterday brought home that I don't need ergonomically identical pistols to hit well when transitioning from one to the other but a similar trigger feel (striker vs. DA vs SA) is definitely a big factor. Going from a Glock 19 to a 17 to my Sprginfield XDm .45 caused no transitioning problems although that big XDm pointed much better for me. But then going to my DA/SA Beretta 92FS kind of discombolulated me for a few shots.

Not a lot of true striker fired .22's out there but I handled what samples could be found at the range gun store and a nearby Sportsman's Warehouse, checked reviews around the web and lo and behold I think I'm going to get a Taurus TX22.

Again, while not identical in form to the Sigs it's still of the same basic shape, feels good in the hand, points very well and is striker fired with a very decent trigger. The trigger is not identical to the Sigs but very close. It holds 16 rounds, most others of its type only hold 10, and gets very good reviews from several sources. And it's on sale at SW. wink Never thought a gun snob like me would consider a Taurus but that was addressed in several reviews and they all say the quality is good especially at the price point.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]
I still like my Sig P365 a lot. Be sure to get a newer version that incorporates all of the rolling changes made over the last couple of years. It outshot my Glocks right out of the box. I will keep a Glock 26 for durability reasons, but my other Glocks are on the way out except for the 42 (until a scaled down 365 in .380 becomes available).

Laser/lights?

I use a Sparks Criterion IWB, and I have a Boraii Eagle for occasional pocket use. I have not tried an OWB holster. No laser or lights. I think the rail is proprietary, so there may not be much out there right now besides the Sig Foxtrot. The Sig light is only 100 lumens.
Posted By: JGray Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20

Laser/lights?

I have a Vedder Light Tuck for the P365...
Posted By: Savuti Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/09/20
Agree wholeheartedly on the TX-22. Picked one up for two bills when Taurus had a rebate a few months ago and absolutely love it.
Have a Sig 365 and love it also a Glock 26 that just stays in the safe. Love the size accuracy and ease of carry in the 365. I also like the Kahr
but prefer the capacity in the 365 for its size.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Not a lot of true striker fired .22's out there but I handled what samples could be found at the range gun store and a nearby Sportsman's Warehouse, checked reviews around the web and lo and behold I think I'm going to get a Taurus TX22.

Again, while not identical in form to the Sigs it's still of the same basic shape, feels good in the hand, points very well and is striker fired with a very decent trigger. The trigger is not identical to the Sigs but very close. It holds 16 rounds, most others of its type only hold 10, and gets very good reviews from several sources. And it's on sale at SW. wink Never thought a gun snob like me would consider a Taurus but that was addressed in several reviews and they all say the quality is good especially at the price point.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

Wow, they copied the Sig P-365 pretty closely! Might make a nice little .22 caliber training simulator. I’ll check one out on my next trip to my LGS.
The 320 X-Carry version is an outstanding pistol.

MM
Originally Posted by JGray

Laser/lights?

I have a Vedder Light Tuck for the P365...

+1
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/12/20
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The 320 X-Carry version is an outstanding pistol.

MM

Sure is
Had a chance to look at a P365XL last night and was very impressed with the handling and feel of it. I don't have huge hands but wear a Large size glove and was able to get a full grip on it. The grip shape is subtly different from the standard 365, obviously a bit longer but also cut just a little higher in back so you can grab it a tad higher up. The barrel and slide is .6" longer which changes the balance perceptibly.

The best way to describe it is that the regular P365 feels like a micro-compact, even with a 12 round extended magazine. The P365XL feels like a full size or at least a "carry" size version of a large pistol, only smaller. I know, most small pistols feel like a full size pistol only smaller. wink Seriously, if you didn't have anything to compare it to the overall blend of barrel and grip length/size makes it look, balance and handle like a full size pistol.

It's a bit smaller all around than the P320 X-Compact in height, width, length and weight although the barrel is actually .1" longer. It holds 3 rounds less in the standard magazine, 12 vs 15. You can get a 15 round mag for the 365 but then you can put a 17 rounder in the 320 as well. Plus it's made for the compact reflex optic sights, right now that's the Sig Romeo Zero and Shield RMCs but I'm thinking other makers should be producing some to fit these size pistols in the near future.

Everybody has different needs and situations so finding a balance between concealability, capacity and "shootability" is going to be different for everybody, but just on first impressions I gotta say this 365XL feels like it's as close to that sweet spot as anything else I've looked at. The store/range has them for rent so definitely going to try it out.

Posted By: JOG Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/12/20
Or, you could buy a P365 and add a XL grip module. wink

Sig has this thing figured out.
That's a definite possibility. Make a P365 Carry model with shorter barrel and longer grip... wink
Posted By: aheider Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/18/20
The 365XL also has the removable plate for the small red dot optic if that is important to you.
I ended up buying a regular P365 and ordered a 12 round extended magazine for it which arrived just yesterday. That 12 round mag makes the grip length the same as the XL model. Before that I shot it with the 10 round mag and pinky extension and me likee! Picture shows the very first 19 rounds through it - off hand, two handed, center hold to check POI. 14 rounds of Blazer 115 gr. factory ammo and 5 of my standard reloads. As you can see, I think it's hitting pretty near where I want it. wink

Recoil was very controllable even with the smaller grip, muzzle flip definitely felt less than the Kahr CW9 this is replacing. Trigger is very good. I went on to fire about 100 rounds through it at 7 and 15 yards semi-rapid fire - present and squeeze the trigger once or double tap just as soon as the sights look right. At 15 yards groups strayed a bit to the right - I'm left handed so will work on my grip for that - but shots stayed in the black so are certainly adequate for the intended use.

Haven't shot it with the 12 rounder for a full grip yet but might get out today or tomorrow morning to do that. This will definitely put both the Kahr CW9 and a Ruger LCP into retirement. An IWB holster is on order and should be here in about a week.

On the 365XL - I really like the balance and feel of that longer barrel but think this standard 365 with a 12 round mag makes the best concealable "carry" combo, emulating the idea of the P320 X-Carry version or the Glock G45 combining a compact slide and full size grip frame. Still might go ahead and get a 365 XL anyway 'cause, ya know, I like guns and why not? wink

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I ended up buying a regular P365 and ordered a 12 round extended magazine for it which arrived just yesterday. . . .

Recoil was very controllable even with the smaller grip, muzzle flip definitely felt less than the Kahr CW9 this is replacing. Trigger is very good. I went on to fire about 100 rounds through it at 7 and 15 yards semi-rapid fire - present and squeeze the trigger once or double tap just as soon as the sights look right. At 15 yards groups strayed a bit to the right - I'm left handed so will work on my grip for that - but shots stayed in the black so are certainly adequate for the intended use.

. . .

On the 365XL - I really like the balance and feel of that longer barrel but think this standard 365 with a 12 round mag makes the best concealable "carry" combo, emulating the idea of the P320 X-Carry version or the Glock G45 combining a compact slide and full size grip frame. Still might go ahead and get a 365 XL anyway 'cause, ya know, I like guns and why not? wink

Like! Your post mirrors a lot of reports. I shoot my P365 with the flat base 10 round magazines and feel about the same as you in terms of recoil, trigger and accuracy. If I am going to use 12 round magazines, I may as well carry the XL. But, that's just me.
Posted By: JGray Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/19/20
I bought my P365 before the XL came out or I would have likely gone with the XL. I shot mine once with the 10 round mags and promptly ordered a couple of 12 rounders which is all I use now.
Posted By: JOG Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by JGray
I bought my P365 before the XL came out or I would have likely gone with the XL. I shot mine once with the 10 round mags and promptly ordered a couple of 12 rounders which is all I use now.

Buy a $40 XL frame and have at it. You would also need to switch the 12-round base pads you have for XL's ($5).
Posted By: JGray Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/19/20
Wouldn't the XL grip frame be essentially the same as the standard P365 with the extended 12 round mag? I did spend a bunch of time on Sig's website today and think I'll order the X frame for my P320, along with the flat trigger...
The 12 round magazine makes the 365 grip as long as the XL but there are some subtle differences in the shape of the XL grip - cut a smidge higher in back with a beavertail for one.

I looked on the Sig website tonight and unless I've missed it completely they no longer list the 365 XL grip module, just extra modules for the standard 365. It was there four days ago showing out of stock but you could ask for an email notification when they had some. Not sure what is going on, whether they won't offer it in the immediate future or what. There are some XL grip modules for sale at various places on the internet but they don't have the magazine release assembly in them like the factory offering so you'd have to swap that from the 365 as well.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
PPS When the P320 first came out, I bought one and shot it side by side with my Glock. The difference in the recoil impulse was disturbing to me, in that there was noticeable flip with the P320, vs the Glock. That was enough for me to put the P320 up for sale. Since it was hard to find at that time, I had no trouble getting most of my money back on the sale.

When the 320 came out, I thought it was a lazy move on Sigs part to basically configure a P250 into a striker fired gun. Being hammer fired, the P250 sits taller in the hand, much taller than a striker fired gun should ever be. It makes the 320 flippy compared to a Glock or even an M&P. I’m really surprised it has done as well as it has, considering the P250 was a flop.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

When the 320 came out, I thought it was a lazy move on Sigs part to basically configure a P250 into a striker fired gun. Being hammer fired, the P250 sits taller in the hand, much taller than a striker fired gun should ever be. It makes the 320 flippy compared to a Glock or even an M&P. I’m really surprised it has done as well as it has, considering the P250 was a flop.

You sound like TRH. I can't feel the so called "whippy feel that you 2 talk about.
I like my 320 very much
Originally Posted by jwp475

You sound like TRH. I can't feel the so called "whippy feel that you 2 talk about.
I like my 320 very much

It’s not unshootable, just a little flippy compared to what I am used to. Which frame and slide are you using? I saw the X Carry and thought it might be a good combo of slide size and grip length. I had a full size and an X Subcompact. I didn’t care for the full size. One issue is my left thumb would rest right up against the takedown lever and the contact while shooting kind of hurt. I had never experienced that with a handgun before. The X Subcompact was an impulse buy. To me, both 320s felt a little tall and top heavy for a polymer striker fired gun. Oddly enough, I love Sig classic pistols like the 220, 226, and 229.

I like my 320 very much

It’s not unshootable, just a little flippy compared to what I am used to. Which frame and slide are you using? I saw the X Carry and thought it might be a good combo of slide size and grip length. I had a full size and an X Subcompact. I didn’t care for the full size. One issue is my left thumb would rest right up against the takedown lever and the contact while shooting kind of hurt. I had never experienced that with a handgun before. The X Subcompact was an impulse buy. To me, both 320s felt a little tall and top heavy for a polymer striker fired gun. Oddly enough, I love Sig classic pistols like the 220, 226, and 229.

I have the Xcsrry 4.7" barrel. I honestly don't notice any "whippy"
Bluedreaux shot a 320 against the time and shot it just as fast and accurately as his competition pistol. To me it's a non issue
Posted By: 458Win Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/19/20
The 365 looked appealing so I rounded up my favorite S&W 3953, Sig 390, Firestar plus and borrowed a couple Kahrs and Glocks and spent a few days testing them against each other for close range speed and point abilities and accuracy to 50 yards.
Each showed strengths but overall I couldn't argue with the slightly better results with the 365

Originally Posted by 458Win
The 365 looked appealing so I rounded up my favorite S&W 3953, Sig 390, Firestar plus and borrowed a couple Kahrs and Glocks and spent a few days testing them against each other for close range speed and point abilities and accuracy to 50 yards.
Each showed strengths but overall I couldn't argue with the slightly better results with the 365

The P365s are outstanding

I like my 320 very much

I have the Xcsrry 4.7" barrel. I honestly don't notice any "whippy"
Bluedreaux shot a 320 against the time and shot it just as fast and accurately as his competition pistol. To me it's a non issue

I guess personal preferences are good for business. I like how there are so many more options these days.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/19/20

I like my 320 very much

Odd that you like the classic sigs with about the same bore axis height at the 320. The P365 gives me some trigger slap, but I shoot it as good as a full size G17. At the end of the day, I feel like many of us post up comments like we are WildBH, but the reality is that very few of us shoot a pistol that well, and then what does shooting a pistol well mean? Some think its most shots centered on a silhouette at 7 yards, a good day for me means most shots into an apple at 15 yards, for others 2 inches at 25 yards under timed conditions....most of us really suck but we are legends in our own minds. OTOH I shoot the compact SIG's better than the compact Glocks. Whippy does sound like TRH.
I like the classic Sigs mainly because I like metal framed guns. The weight is distributed differently and more evenly, IMO. Its hard to have a really low bore axis with a hammer fired gun because of the guts needed for the hammer. Hi Powers have a decently low bore axis, but I get hammer bite from them if unmodified.

I’m also into 1911s. So really, I’m kind of all over the place. Its all about personal preference. I’ve really enjoyed my M&P 2.0s.
I just picked up my 365 yesterday. I’ve shot it enough to know I’ve found my new concealed carry gun.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/19/20
how many microseconds does the low bore axis shave off your performance in the pistol matches? I always think back to "fast is fine, but accuracy is final"... I suck as a pistol shot, I am sure your better, but shooting glocks and sigs, the sig is more accurate for the first shot.
Originally Posted by jimmyp
how many microseconds does the low bore axis shave off your performance in the pistol matches? I always think back to "fast is fine, but accuracy is final"... I suck as a pistol shot, I am sure your better, but shooting glocks and sigs, the sig is more accurate for the first shot.

I’m not sure that there would be any increase in time and I do think that SIGs are more accurate when I shoot them deliberately, like on a PPC. But when shooting reactively, I’ve come accustomed to guns that sit lower in my hand like Glock and S&W. Its strictly personal preference.
On the 320 what's the difference between the 320 carry and the X carry?

Also, does anyone have a 365 with the manual safety? I have been carrying an M&P 2.0 40 in the compact with the safety and I really like it. Not sure why but I like the idea of the 365 with the safety too.

CDNN has had some reconditioned sigs on sale lately. There are some 226s and 229s too. The even have some 357 sig models. That's a cartridge that has always intrigued me. I bet expansion is very reliable at sig speeds.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Also, does anyone have a 365 with the manual safety? I have been carrying an M&P 2.0 40 in the compact with the safety and I really like it. Not sure why but I like the idea of the 365 with the safety too.

CDNN has had some reconditioned sigs on sale lately. There are some 226s and 229s too. The even have some 357 sig models. That's a cartridge that has always intrigued me. I bet expansion is very reliable at sig speeds.

Bb

The carry and x-carry have the same size slide and use the full size magazine. The main difference is the grip shape and the x carry slide comes RDS capable. I think the x-carry grip feels nicer.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/20/20
I agree, I have both major brands of guns, and at my skill level cannot discern a major difference in speed, the sigs shoot well for me, however a G17 shoots well for me. I recon I should have someone with a timer see how fast I can fire 5 with either gun.
Posted By: JOG Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/20/20

I do - the safety is well located and very positive.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Sig P320 and P365 opinions - 01/20/20

Bb

if you carry without a round in the chamber it would be even safer.
I used to carry without a chambered round but after watching some videos of self defense situations I decided I'd rather carry with one in the chamber and have a safety. It's easier and more discreet to click off a safety than to chamber a round and easier to do one handed.

Bb
one other thing on the 320, as to the sights. they use a different sight profile in lining up the front sight than a lot of pistols.
I can't remember off the top of my head the name distinctions, but it's a combat hold i think.
i do know when i first shot the pistol i was consistently getting a nice little group, just down from where i wanted them to go.
i keep debating putting a delta pro on it, and have already bought a new dawson front sight for it.
© 24hourcampfire