Home
Posted By: Ky221 1911s? - 05/08/20
I’m currently tossing around the idea of picking up a 1911. I’ve never owned one before, and have only shot them a handful of times. My experience is limited to that of a Kimber that a buddy owns.

The use for the gun would be a range toy mostly but I would like to carry it concealed some as well. I’m thinking one of the “lightweight commanders” would be the way to go for what I want but am open to suggestions. As a guy who is new to 1911s and looking to carry one; what are some of the things I need to be looking for, what’s some things I should stay away from, models suggested Etc....

I haven’t figured out a budget yet, I do know that it won’t be an Ed Brown, Wilson, Les Baer ETC.

Pics of what you carry wouldn’t suck either.
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Mine is Colt Series 80 with meprolite sites and finger groove grips. Awesome pistol. Not a show piece. Not a BBQ Gun. Just a plain old every day ordinary 1911 that never not one time failed in any manner.
Posted By: jeeper Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20

I have an older S&W commander that I used to carry. Dependable and accurate pistol. I don't carry it anymore , prefer something lighter. I have a Tisas 1911 A1 coming to play at the range with and kill some hogs with..
Posted By: RJM Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
There aren't a lot of "bad" 1911s out there like there used to be...it mainly is a question of "what do you want to spend"....and quite frankly once you get above $2K you are buying a lot of name.

If you looking for a Commander (lightweight aluminum frame) there are quite a few good ones... S&W, Colt, Kimber, Dan Wesson...just shop to see what you like...

One comment on your comment about the gun being mostly a range toy and maybe sometime CC piece... I've carried a 1911 just about daily since 1975...a Commander in .38 Super almost exclusively since 1980... I also have taught defensive shooting since 1991. One thing I have observed is that if you only sometimes carry a gun with a manual safety vs. the rest of the time with something else that just requires one to draw-point-shoot there is about a 30% chance you will forget the manual safety when the SHTF...

I base this observation on watching people go through blind scenarios for almost 30 years. Those who always carry a gun with a manual safety never forget to disengage before they pull the trigger. Those who are the gun of the month rotation types often do...way too often.

Bob
Posted By: labsandelk Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
I have several 1911 commanders both steel and lightweight. The one I shoot the best and carry most of the time is a
newer Colt L/W 38 supper with an extra 9mm barrel fitted by Colt. It carries very nice and is easy to shoot. It is stock
factory condition and has not malfunctioned. The only drawback is the cost of 38 ammo as I do not reload.
The 45 is ok but a little heavier and a little slower for follow up shots. I am 81 and have small hands so a stronger person should have no trouble with the 45.
The commanders are a lot more fun to shoot than the full size 1911.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
I guess my budget would be around 1k......Any thoughts on the Ruger SR series lightweight commander ?

You’re dead on with the Manual safety comment, and Im not too proud to admit that it has tripped me up in the past. I have always carried a Glock or Jframe....point and shoot so to speak. I bought a shield with a manual safety when they first came out. Even in the backyard shooting steel I had a hard time remembering to flip the manual safety off. Sounds stupid but it is something I’d have to work with.
Posted By: dla Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
The very best carry version is the alloy frame "commander", e.g. Kimber Pro Carry.

IMHO of course.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Originally Posted by dla
The very best carry version is the alloy frame "commander", e.g. Kimber Pro Carry.

IMHO of course.

I agree, don’t care much for the II models with the trigger block, but my 1st year gen 1 is a dandy 24 years and 15,000 rounds later. Although it did take a tune up trip to Kimber Custom Shop at the 10,000 round mark.
20 yard draw rapid fire with mag change.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Originally Posted by dla

IMHO of course.

I had one of those, thought highly of it. But a guy with a nice 1943 SA Garand wanted to trade.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Originally Posted by Ky221
I guess my budget would be around 1k......Any thoughts on the Ruger SR series lightweight commander ?

I had a Ruger lightweight commander for awhile. It was OK, but moved it on a little while after I traded into a Kimber Super Carry Pro (alloy frame commander-size). My other 1911s were a mid 80s vintage Colt MkIV Series 80 Government Model (so a 5") and a Kimber Pro Carry II HD (all steel commander-size). All .45s.

The trigger was OK for stock, better than the Colt, but not in same league as the Kimbers. The Ruger was the most finicky with magazines - had feeding or last round hold open issues with several mags that worked fine in the Colt and Kimbers. Not a show-stopper, easy enough to mark the offending mags and keep them out of the Ruger, but a little annoying.

It was more difficult to shoot well than the two all-steel pistols, of course, so no fair comparison there. Once I had the alloy frame Super Carry Pro to compare it with the Kimber was noticeably better pretty much all around. Still probably not a fair comparison since the Super Carry Pro was a custom shop pistol, but what are you gonna do?

The Ruger came with slim grip panels, and my other 1911s all had standard thickness grips. Never really got comfortable with the slim grips.

So...I tried the Ruger, moved it on, but maybe never really gave it a fair shake since I was biased by the other 1911s that I liked better.

Of the pistols I kept, the Kimber Pro Carry II HD is my current favorite, but the lighter Super Carry Pro is more comfortable to carry. And I hate Kimber's naming system!!
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Originally Posted by RJM
There aren't a lot of "bad" 1911s out there like there used to be...it mainly is a question of "what do you want to spend"....

If you looking for a Commander (lightweight aluminum frame) there are quite a few good ones... S&W, Colt, Kimber, Dan Wesson...just shop to see what you like...

I agree with this; I own a dozen or so 1911's currently from several different sources.

Most of the guns today are far better than the guns of the past. And even if you get one that needs a little minor tweaking, that's generally not a big deal. The only time I've seen a real problem is the extremely rare case of one having a major part badly out of spec, dimensionally.

To the short list above, I'd easily add Ruger, Springfield & even Taurus & RIA.

Just decide on your budget...........Ruger would rate as a "best buy", IMO.

MM
Posted By: 270winchester Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
My son in law has the Ruger lightweight commander size 1911, he loves it, very dependable. Slim grips, bi-tone, that one. It has a piece of titanium imbedded in the feed ramp so the aluminum doesn't get beat up by bullet noses, great idea. Also, the plunger tube is part of the frame, never have to worry about it coming loose, I've seen it happen.
Posted By: TWR Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Dang 1911's, one got to me again the other day and now I'm wondering which pistol huntsman22 has laying on that sleeping critter. Which one is that?
Posted By: SargeMO Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Colts; and if not Colts, the Metro Arms pistols are a very decent stand-in.

http://www.thesixgunjournal.net/the-metroarms-american-classic-ii-1911-pistol/
Posted By: Stump Buster Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Take a hard look at the Dan Wesson Valor V-Bob.
The Ruger is a good solid gun... I almost bought one in 9mm to convert to 10mm...just have not gotten around to the project yet. The only thing I'm not overly thrilled about is the kinda matte finish...just me...

Also...if this is going to be a .45 not 9mm, I would really suggest you see if you can find one to shoot before you buy. The aluminum frame .45 KICKS a lot more than the steel frame Combat Commander or a Commander in 9mm/Super. Great gun to carry but not as far as I'm concerned a great shooter...

Bob
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Having a thing for odd balls, I originally wanted a Super. It seems they are kind of hard to find in the configuration I am wanting.

If I go the Ruger route I would most likely go 9mm. I’m going to hit the local shops Tommorow and handle a few and see what appeals to me. Might end up with nothing. It’s been awhile since I had one in my hands, I remember not liking it very well. Could have been the configuration however.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
twr, that'un be a S&W PC commander
Posted By: hookeye Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Kimber pro carry was alloy frame. I wanted steel.
Shop got a Colt w light trigger. Of course Kimber the next
year does the HD.

My Colt has been flawless and chews the X out.
Has a bit of an odd rear sight cut. Plastic MS housing was tossed, Pachmayr arched put in. Wilson rod and mags.
Hogue slabs.

Trust that gun like no other.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Cz is what I would look at.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I like that one!
Originally Posted by TWR

I like that one!

Same gun, non-PC version.................carries great, with good feel & balance, Scandium frame. Been totally reliable as has the earlier standard grip version (2nd pic).

But to RJM's point, I agree, lightweight frames are not ideal "range" guns compared to a steel framed gun, IMO.

MM

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: gunner500 Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Colt LW Commander in 38 Super, arched mainspring housing, black micarta or ebony smooth grips and TFX sights, did this to mine, it's never felt or shot better.
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by dla

IMHO of course.

I agree, don’t care much for the II models with the trigger block, but my 1st year gen 1 is a dandy 24 years and 15,000 rounds later. Although it did take a tune up trip to Kimber Custom Shop at the 10,000 round mark.
20 yard draw rapid fire with mag change.

Kimber IIs don't have a trigger block, except for the grip safety and manual side safety like most every other 1911 has. They have a version of the Colt Swartz safety that blocks the firing pin and is activated by the grip safety. It has no connection or feel to the trigger in any way as what I believe the series 80 Colts did. You have nothing to fear with the Kimber II firing pin block affecting trigger feel on your newer Kimbers if that is what you dislike about them.
I traded for this custom built off an old Springfield Frame. It’s gonna be a range gun but part of me still wants another light weight to carry, maybe only because I have a Versa Max II holster?
Anyway, the more I hate 1911’s the more I wind up with...
Don't fight it................just let it swell over you & enjoy it. grin

MM
Posted By: dave284 Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Loving my Kimber.

This pic was from it's initial outing. Something like 80+ rounds, 3 or 4 different loads, 3 - 15 or 20 yards, fast slow, two handed, strong handed, week handed and no malfunctions except with two plastic follower mags. Every other mag has been flawless in it. After the first 500 rounds to "prove it" I slowed down shooting it so I would guess somewhere around 1000 rounds have been through it. No problems.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Based on about a dozen Colts over the years, the two LW Commanders (.45) I've had were fitted together better than my Delta Elite or the Gold Cup NM I had. It's nip and tuck for the others, but the two Commanders were flawless, shot better than the Gold Cup, and were more reliable (and no parts broke off, either, unlike the Gold Cup).

I did have some work done on the second one, better sights, beavertail. etc. stuff that wasn't even known about when I had the first one. I could shoot it almost as fast as my fully tricked out match gun, and equally well. I doubt my poor old hands could handle a LW now, with the arthritis bothering me on some days, but they sure carry well.
If you have never had a Super you will enjoy it...and to have cheap practice ammo if you don't reload just have a 9mm barrel fitted...

Bought one of the Dan Wesson Guardians in .38 Super last December...really nicely fitted gun...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/866465071

Used two-tone...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867611046
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: 1911s? - 05/08/20
Originally Posted by RJM
If you have never had a Super you will enjoy it...and to have cheap practice ammo if you don't reload just have a 9mm barrel fitted...

Bought one of the Dan Wesson Guardians in .38 Super last December...really nicely fitted gun...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/866465071

Used two-tone...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867611046

One of the 5" guns I had was a Super. I had a BarSto fitted, adjustable sights added, Clark Tigertooth Stippling on the frontstrap, beavertail fitted, and a 9mm barrel for it, too. Danged nice gun, at that. Most of my loads were 9mm equivalent, to be fair about it. The BarSto was nice with jacketed bullets, but the factory Colt barrel was better with cast bullets (which I cast myself). Been there, done that, and enjoyed the whole experience, but at heart, I'm a .45 guy. I liked the Delta, too, but liked the .45s better. No complaints.
Posted By: crsides Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
Dan Wesson. I have CCO which is the commander length bbl with the officer's shorten grip. I love it and its a great carry gun. Mine is 45 acp
Posted By: hookeye Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
The POS

Posted By: gunner500 Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by gunner500
Colt LW Commander in 38 Super, arched mainspring housing, black micarta or ebony smooth grips and TFX sights, did this to mine, it's never felt or shot better.

BTW, Dan Wesson Guardian or Pointman would be in the running for another, new, or just to have a second, 38 Super in LW Commander makes the most sense to me, absolutely no recoil with the bonus of more capacity, accuracy is stupid good for SD/CCW purposes, 11 rounds in a small 1911 size with 125gr Barnes' at 1341 fps and 90gr Lehigh Defenders at 1515 should cover it all nicely.
Posted By: JOG Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
I’m currently tossing around the idea of picking up a 1911. I’ve never owned one before...

If you only have one 1911 it has to be a Colt. It's a rule.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by JOG
I’m currently tossing around the idea of picking up a 1911. I’ve never owned one before...

Well that’s unfortunate because I ordered the DW guardian 2 hours ago in 38 Super
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
Rules are made to be broken.

Nice pistol and congrats
Posted By: doubletap Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
You’ll be happy with that.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by doubletap
You’ll be happy with that.

Yep. Should be happy with it, by all I've heard.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
Have two,Colt 70, that has been customized, great gun, the other Dan Wesson/ CZ, A Pro that has every thing and shoot's them all, told me to get CZ, best factory 1911 made out of the box. like it best.
Posted By: OldRooster Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by JOG

Well that’s unfortunate because I ordered the DW guardian 2 hours ago in 38 Super

I strongly suspect you’ll be happy with it. It’s a good combination of cartridge and platform.
Posted By: JOG Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by JOG

Five Hail Marys, four apologies to John Browning, and you're golden.
Posted By: RickBin Re: 1911s? - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by OldRooster
Originally Posted by JOG

I strongly suspect you’ll be happy with it. It’s a good combination of cartridge and platform.

I suspect you are going to be very happy with that selection.
Posted By: RJM Re: 1911s? - 05/10/20
I don't think you can beat it for the money...

Friend and I were at the SHOT Show and he ordered a custom 9mm Combat Commander from Les Baer. Took bout 7 months to come in... He handled my Dan Wesson and I think he was kinda stunned at the quality for a grand less and a LOT lighter which I warned him about before he ordered....

Since this is your first Super...some reading for you...

https://web.archive.org/web/20170624164255/http://38super.net/ (may have to copy and paste that one)

https://hipowersandhandguns.com/Corbon%2038%20Super%20Ammo%20Tests.htm

https://hipowersandhandguns.com/38SuperTo9mm.htm

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/super-powders-for-the-38-super/99160

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/super-powders-for-the-38-super/99160

I think you with enjoy the combination....

For a OWB holster try a DeSantis Speed Scabbard or Mini Scabbard....not very expensive and easily available... They make nice magazine pouches in single and double also...

Bob
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 1911s? - 05/10/20
Thanks for all the help guys. Shop said it should be in by Thursday of next week...pretty excited about it.

RJM, Any suggestions on an IWB Holster that’s leather ?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: 1911s? - 05/10/20
OWB- galco concealable

IWB- VM II
Posted By: RJM Re: 1911s? - 05/10/20
Like huntsman said...VM-II is hard to beat... I always used a G. William Davis Concealer which is the same as a Sparks Summer Special II...

Now I use a REMORA...
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: 1911s? - 05/10/20
Thanks for all the help guys. Shop said it should be in by Thursday of next week...pretty excited about it.

RJM, Any suggestions on an IWB Holster that’s leather ?

Back when I was EDCing an all steel 1911, I was quite happy with my Milt Sparks VM-II. Great, well made, well designed, holsters. However, about five or six years ago, I switched to the El Paso Saddlery C-Force. I was, at the time, switching from an S&W Model 13 (FBI configuration), which I had at that point been carrying EDC for years (also in a Milt Sparks VM-II) to a Glock 17. I happened to have a C-Force holster designed for the Sig P220 in the holster drawer, but since I never carried the P220, it had never before been tried (other than to try it on). I checked, and sure enough, it fit the Glock 17 like it was made for it, so I didn't feel the need to order another Milt Sparks VM-II for my new carry gun choice. I found that I not only liked it as well as the VM-II, but actually liked it better. In fact, that very holster is now serving my EDC needs with my Glock 26, which I've been carrying for 18 months or more. Of course the same holster will also work for a Glock 19 (which splits the difference between the 17 and the 26.

Anyway, I am now more of a fan of the C-Force than I am of the VM-II. It holds the gun where I want it, and it just feels more natural. It also holds it at the exact angle I want it, and they are long lasting, rugged, holsters. Every bit the equal in that department of the Milt Sparks offerings, IMO.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: 1911s? - 05/10/20
Originally Posted by RJM
Like huntsman said...VM-II is hard to beat... I always used a G. William Davis Concealer which is the same as a Sparks Summer Special II...

Now I use a REMORA...

The VM II is a great holster, but Gary Brommeland's (Brommeland Leather) version of that design is much thinner, very stiff & has a tab extension on the Commander size version to take some load off the sciatica nerve area of your hip; it's pictured below with my DW Guardian. IMO, it's a better mousetrap.

I've also used the Summer Special version & it's OK except the loops & snaps are directly on top of the gun, thus adding thickness.

Like RJM, over the last year or 2, I've also transitioned to a non-leather Remora holster for most of my daily use...............it's an amazingly effective holster, very comfortable & secure & the same holster will fit more than one gun; for instance, I use the same holster for a Commander sized 1911 as I do for a Glock 19.

MM

Posted By: OldRooster Re: 1911s? - 05/10/20
MM - you’ve caused me to rethink my plans. RJM introduced me to Remoras in the first place. For my use with at least 2 of my pistols they’re excellent. I don’t need to buy more leather. And I sure understand your point about not having it press on that damned nerve.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: 1911s? - 05/10/20
Get a full size steel gun.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: 1911s? - 05/10/20
Read a little and see you bought one. DW 1911s rock
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 1911s? - 05/14/20
I’m still waiting on my Guardian 38 super to arrive. I didn’t mention that when I was ordering the Super, the local shop also had this CCO on the shelf. I actually liked the CCO better because of the chain link style grip material on the front and rear of the grip. But because it was a 45auto I decided against it.

The more I thought about it the more I wanted it too.

Erica must have really taken note of this because when I got home from work last night it was waiting on me.

Will post pics of the guardian when it arrives as well

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: doubletap Re: 1911s? - 05/14/20
Sounds like you picked a good woman.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: 1911s? - 05/14/20
I’m still waiting on my Guardian 38 super to arrive. I didn’t mention that when I was ordering the Super, the local shop also had this CCO on the shelf. I actually liked the CCO better because of the chain link style grip material on the front and rear of the grip. But because it was a 45auto I decided against it.

The more I thought about it the more I wanted it too.

Erica must have really taken note of this because when I got home from work last night it was waiting on me.

Will post pics of the guardian when it arrives as well

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Congrats on both the gun & the woman.........................now go buy some Tripp Research Cobra Magazines. Thank me later.

MM
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: 1911s? - 05/15/20
Nice!!
Posted By: OldRooster Re: 1911s? - 05/15/20
That is nice. Beautiful pistol.
Posted By: Slavek Re: 1911s? - 05/15/20
I’m currently tossing around the idea of picking up a 1911. I’ve never owned one before, and have only shot them a handful of times. My experience is limited to that of a Kimber that a buddy owns.

The use for the gun would be a range toy mostly but I would like to carry it concealed some as well. I’m thinking one of the “lightweight commanders” would be the way to go for what I want but am open to suggestions. As a guy who is new to 1911s and looking to carry one; what are some of the things I need to be looking for, what’s some things I should stay away from, models suggested Etc....

I haven’t figured out a budget yet, I do know that it won’t be an Ed Brown, Wilson, Les Baer ETC.

Pics of what you carry wouldn’t suck either.

Since you bring up Kimber I would look for Smith & Wesson since they made original frames for Kimber 1911s. The Sc line have trace amounts of that rare and expensive metal in their light alloy frames which is being claimed makes them stronger.
Posted By: copperking81 Re: 1911s? - 05/16/20
I really like my Colt O1911C Government Model Classic that I picked up a few weeks ago. Colt did a pretty solid job on those.
Posted By: Waders Re: 1911s? - 05/16/20

My immediate thought! Holy Crap!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 1911s? - 05/17/20
That's a nice looking pistol.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: 1911s? - 05/17/20
Originally Posted by Waders

My immediate thought! Holy Crap!

Should ingwe see this thread he will vouch for that. She’s the best.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: 1911s? - 05/17/20
OWB- galco concealable

IWB- VM II

I really like the look of your holsters, Don. I have making holsters for a while, but mostly outside belt. After looking at these, I'm going to make a few ISWB for my Python and Detonics .45.

I like that knife also but have made mine cross draw so as to draw with either hand and carry at the 11:00 position.

W. Bill
Posted By: mooshoo Re: 1911s? - 05/18/20
love my ruger 9mm commander!
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: 1911s? - 05/25/20
My fav carry gun is a colt LW commander...they always say not to do range plinking with them as you can wear out the aluminum feed ramp...I do shoot mine some but the feel and all is pretty much the same as a full size so I do all my practice with a steel frame gun...when I shoot the LW it shoots the same..of course they are set up with the same aftermarket parts...I did do a bob on the LW but it doesn't seem to hold or shoot any dif
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: 1911s? - 05/25/20
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
My fav carry gun is a colt LW commander...they always say not to do range plinking with them as you can wear out the aluminum feed ramp...I do shoot mine some but the feel and all is pretty much the same as a full size so I do all my practice with a steel frame gun...when I shoot the LW it shoots the same..of course they are set up with the same aftermarket parts...I did do a bob on the LW but it doesn't seem to hold or shoot any dif

In thirty years of looking, I've never found a 1911 with a lightweight frame that didn't bop me in the face with spent brass from time to time. I therefore no longer own a lightweight 1911 of any variety. But I have five all-steel 1911s, one of which (the Ed Brown Kobra Carry) is Combat Commander sized. The others are full, Government Model, sized. Never get bopped in the face with any of them. I'll stick with all-steel 1911s.
Posted By: TWR Re: 1911s? - 05/25/20
Hey I've got an all SS Colt Combat Commander that will chuck brass back at you from time to time...
Originally Posted by TWR
Hey I've got an all SS Colt Combat Commander that will chuck brass back at you from time to time...

Get it fixed.
Posted By: ronc Re: 1911s? - 05/25/20
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

In thirty years of looking, I've never found a 1911 with a lightweight frame that didn't bop me in the face with spent brass from time to time. I therefore no longer own a lightweight 1911 of any variety. But I have five all-steel 1911s, one of which (the Ed Brown Kobra Carry) is Combat Commander sized. The others are full, Government Model, sized. Never get bopped in the face with any of them. I'll stick with all-steel 1911s.

Out of curiosity why didn't you get your lightwight frames fixed?
Originally Posted by ronc

Out of curiosity why didn't you get your lightwight frames fixed?

It was a trend, so I attributed it to lightweight frames. I've had many all steel frames, and never once had the problem.
Posted By: TWR Re: 1911s? - 05/25/20
Originally Posted by TWR

Get it fixed.

I've tried, in fact I put a new extended ejector and extractor in it and it changed nothing.
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by TWR

Get it fixed.

I've tried, in fact I put a new extended ejector and extractor in it and it changed nothing.

I'd get rid of it, then. Every semi auto I've ever had that did that went down the road. What if it smacked you in the eye in the middle of a gun fight?
Posted By: TWR Re: 1911s? - 05/26/20
God forbid I ever get stuck with a 1911 in a gun fight.
© 24hourcampfire