Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTviSRtm6Lg&feature=emb_logo

As you can see shot placement, speed mattered.
Still took 5 (?) rounds to put him down.

Must have been a .40.
Originally Posted by 65BR

So where did he hit him?
Originally Posted by jwp475

So where did he hit him?

Looked like center chest. Pretty good stop.

Yes, shot placement mattered. If the cop would have shot all around the guy he wouldn't have hit him so all the rounds would have been misses. If all rounds missed the outcome would have been bad for the cop more than likely.
Concerning speed if the cop would have taken his dear sweet time the out come would have been bad.
So with these observances it would be safe to say shot placement and speed matters since misses would not have stopped the guy and taking too long to get off the shots would have had the guy on top of the cop so it would be safe to say misses and too long to shoot would have mattered in the outcome.
Very observant to say placement and speed mattered.
Just an observance from a doofuss.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

So where did he hit him?

Looked like center chest. Pretty good stop.

When making the statement of "shot placement mattered" shouldn't one know exactly where the shots landed? I mean center of chest is not exact
:If you watch the perp's face you can see him grimace and grab his chest on the second to last shot, then pitch over on the last one. If the first three hit him anywhere, which I doubt, he shows zero effect from them. Fortunately for the officer, dumbass ran almost straight into the gun. As usual, split times don't mean schidt in a fight. What matters is the time it takes to get 2-3 good hits on or near the centerlne of the body.
Originally Posted by Savuti

Must have been a .40.

How many rounds hit the had guy? Where were the hits made on the bad guy? Obviously the knifeman was in a bad mental state. Were drugs or alcohol involved? There is a lot of information missing that might help us better understand the video.
Originally Posted by MOGC

Must have been a .40.

How many rounds hit the had guy? Where were the hits made on the bad guy? Obviously the knifeman was in a bad mental state. Were drugs or alcohol involved? There is a lot of information missing that might help us better understand the video.

Exactly
Nevermind. It’s not worth it.
Waited verbalized and shot...looks very good to me. Unfortunately the cop will live with that...
Originally Posted by SargeMO
As usual, split times don't mean schidt in a fight. What matters is the time it takes to get 2-3 good hits on or near the centerlne of the body.

Ummm...

What?

LOL
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

That's what she said...
I don’t want to hear it from you. While you were gone I had to hold the line by myself. And I couldn’t. Nobody could have. The nonsense has gone up exponentially.
I don’t want to hear it from you. While you were gone I had to hold the line by myself. And I couldn’t. Nobody could have. The nonsense has gone up exponentially.

LOL

Bro!

It's not my fault I got put on a timeout.
Originally Posted by deflave

Bro!

Whose fault was that?

Whose fault was that?

No idea.

But to be fair I have a hard time accepting responsibility for myself.
TFF!

You aren't shy, go ahead...

I see sarcasm is lost on this audience.

I see sarcasm is lost on this audience.

Sometimes... and apologies to you. There is just enough "doofus" on the Fire that sometimes it's hard to separate the players from the fans.
Did a nice job...

From the time the guy started for him to the first shot was less than 2 seconds and the guy was going down about a second later. It didn't look like the first and maybe second shot connected but as soon as the first one impacted it started slowing him down...fast...do it in frame at a time and watch the guys face...that is pain...

When the guy came, the officer started backing up in a very controlled manner and didn't fire until he had a nice big target...6 shots in a little over a second....

Anyone from Montgomery County, MD? They use G17s or 22s? I caught a couple of empties frozen in the air but can't tell if they were .40s or 9mms...

Nice to have the gun in ones hand when the fight starts...that one from the holster would have been tough...

Bob

Just another suicide by cop, it appears. Good reason for another march.

I watched the last bit in slow motion a couple times. When the guy starts his charge at the cop, he is on the far side of the sidewalk. In two seconds he gets across the sidewalk and runs nearly to the end of a parking stall. How far is that, 30 feet? And he was a fairly big guy; he didn't look particularly fast.

It made me think about attacks that come with little or no advance warning. If that bad guy had been going after me, without warning. I can only hope that I would have perceived the threat and at least hand my hand on my gun by the time the guy got to me. I'd likely be dependent on my one-hand grappling skills against the knife for a second, maybe longer, depending on how I was doing. I like to practice shooting, but I never practice grappling. I think I should change that.

Life (death?) comes at you pretty fast.
Of course he missed with the first couple, he's shooting a Glock and if it's Merry-land, it probably has a one ton trigger (as opposed to the regular half ton standard on all Glocks smile )
Originally Posted by Waders
I watched the last bit in slow motion a couple times. When the guy starts his charge at the cop, he is on the far side of the sidewalk. In two seconds he gets across the sidewalk and runs nearly to the end of a parking stall. How far is that, 30 feet? And he was a fairly big guy; he didn't look particularly fast.

It made me think about attacks that come with little or no advance warning. If that bad guy had been going after me, without warning. I can only hope that I would have perceived the threat and at least hand my hand on my gun by the time the guy got to me. I'd likely be dependent on my one-hand grappling skills against the knife for a second, maybe longer, depending on how I was doing. I like to practice shooting, but I never practice grappling. I think I should change that.

It damn sure does.
In all seriousness, that was a heartbeat away from disaster for that officer. Just imagine had be been closer...
Originally Posted by Waders

Here ya go... ground grappling sucks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=La56KNz9FFA
Originally Posted by SargeMO
As usual, split times don't mean schidt in a fight. What matters is the time it takes to get 2-3 good hits on or near the centerlne of the body.

Hey Sarge,

Wouldn't split times kinda be a factor in this?
I'm glad we have gotten this all sorted out now and everyone can go back to their normal lives. There for a while getting it sorted out seemed touch and go to me. After it has been critiqued, mulled over, watched many times, scrutinized, timed, and measurements taken it has been put to rest.
All i know is it couldnt have been a 9MM The Miraculose Farce because if it had been the bag guy would have been turned into a red mist with parts flying all over the neighborhood.
It would have taken a week to have cleaned up the mess a 9MM would have left.
We can now return to our normal lives since the clearing up of this video.
I havent been able to sleep since this video was posted. Now i will get some sleep tonight.
Thanks to all involved.
Originally Posted by RJM
Did a nice job...

From the time the guy started for him to the first shot was less than 2 seconds and the guy was going down about a second later. It didn't look like the first and maybe second shot connected but as soon as the first one impacted it started slowing him down...fast...do it in frame at a time and watch the guys face...that is pain...

When the guy came, the officer started backing up in a very controlled manner and didn't fire until he had a nice big target...6 shots in a little over a second....

Anyone from Montgomery County, MD? They use G17s or 22s? I caught a couple of empties frozen in the air but can't tell if they were .40s or 9mms...

Nice to have the gun in ones hand when the fight starts...that one from the holster would have been tough...

Bob

Don't tell anybody, but I live in Montgomery Co. My neighbor and his son are both county police officers. About 15 years ago they were using G22's in 40. However, for some reason, I think he told me that they switched to Sig 9mm, but not sure. I just texted him to ask. He might be a sleep though. He works at night.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by RJM
Did a nice job...

Bob

Don't tell anybody, but I live in Montgomery Co. My neighbor and his son are both county police officers. About 15 years ago they were using G22's in 40. However, for some reason, I think he told me that they switched to Sig 9mm, but not sure. I just texted him to ask. He might be a sleep though. He works at night.

He said they carry G17's and G19's in 9mm. He said they had too much trouble with the slides cracking on the 40's, so they switched to 9mm. I've never heard of a slide cracking. I'm going to ask him about that the next time I talk to him in person. He also said they use "special" bullets, the same as the FBI. Didn't specify though.
I was pretty sure that was a 9mm, very quick shot to shot recovery times.

JWP, as to shot placement, what my eyes saw, the first two likely missed, the first looked low and left and the 2nd left, look at the angle of the gun, and you seem to can tell a slight impact on the first shot. The 3rd hit, look at his face, the fourth on the upper right side of his chest, the 5th looked near the same area, perhaps in the neck/throat. All 3 I'd call center of mass.......and obviously sufficient, and statistically, he connected 60% of the 5 shots, so probably better than many situations....no doubt the guy was coming in a direct line.

SO what we can learn from this:

Having a gun in hand, proper 2 hand hold and stance was very critical
Fast repeat shots helped, one did not stop him the 2nd dropped him and he dropped the knife, the 5th shot was already in motion as the officer was going to not stop until the threat was over, and he was not sure when he was pulling that 4th shot the guy would stop or drop.

Could very well be a suicide, sad this ended this way, but the officer was completely justified. Yes, I counted about 9 paces or so, likely long, so 10 paces would have had the perp on the officer.....with a knife. Quickly indeed. 3 seconds max, and surely under, watch the clock.

On the comment about a heavy Glock trigger, I cannot see where the trigger slowed him down, or ruined the day, under stress, I am sure that trigger pull weight was never noticed one bit. Just my .02
That was a good shoot but,a shame it had to end that way. There are no winners in an incident like that! I went to sniper school at Montgomery County PD. I was the first Swat guy from my Department to attend their sniper school. Based on my experience, two other of my team members went through their school. All three of us took top shot in our perspective sniper schools. They focused on the shooting fundamentals and not mastering the push up and a low time in the 1.5 mile run. Back then, 1997, they were an excellent Department. Large, well equipped and well trained. Today, they are still a very good department.
Originally Posted by cs2blue
That was a good shoot but,a shame it had to end that way. There are no winners in an incident like that! I went to sniper school at Montgomery County PD. I was the first Swat guy from my Department to attend their sniper school. Based on my experience, two other of my team members went through their school. All three of us took top shot in our perspective sniper schools. They focused on the shooting fundamentals and not mastering the push up and a low time in the 1.5 mile run. Back then, 1997, they were an excellent Department. Large, well equipped and well trained. Today, they are still a very good department.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by deflave

Bro!

That's what happens when you actually do your job as a government employee.

The slackers can't have that around.
HEY!

Everybody listen up!

Split times have nothing to do with the amount of time it takes you to put three rounds in the A-zone!

Nothing further,

Internet guy

JWP, as to shot placement, what my eyes saw, the first two likely missed, the first looked low and left and the 2nd left, look at the angle of the gun, and you seem to can tell a slight impact on the first shot. The 3rd hit, look at his face, the fourth on the upper right side of his chest, the 5th looked near the same area, perhaps in the neck/throat. All 3 I'd call center of mass.......and obviously sufficient, and statistically, he connected 60% of the 5 shots, so probably better than many situations....no doubt the guy was coming in a direct line.

Fast repeat shots helped, one did not stop him the 2nd dropped him and he dropped the knife, the 5th shot was already in motion as the officer was going to not stop until the threat was over, and he was not sure when he was pulling that 4th shot the guy would stop or drop.

Could very well be a suicide, sad this ended this way, but the officer was completely justified. Yes, I counted about 9 paces or so, likely long, so 10 paces would have had the perp on the officer.....with a knife. Quickly indeed. 3 seconds max, and surely under, watch the clock.

On the comment about a heavy Glock trigger, I cannot see where the trigger slowed him down, or ruined the day, under stress, I am sure that trigger pull weight was never noticed one bit. Just my .02

So no one know the shot placement. Pros dont always go down quickly with"center mass"". Also center mass doesn't tell one what the bullet hit, was it heart, lung (one or both) liver, spleen or nothing vital.
I feel this is going to lead into another bullet testing video with no tested bullets being shown.
Maybe with a test video this subject could be put to rest.
I see some Illuminated One stepping in or up and being the one who will shine the illuminating illumination on us and light the way for the rest of us to follow.
I feel this all the way down to my toe nails to the top of my head.
Come Oh Great Illuminated One and show us the way to great success.
May the Farce be with you now and always. And may your Unicore be well fed and groomed for the up and coming ride into our lives.
JWP, you can see him grab his chest.....so that area under his hand, well you can draw a strong conclusion there. Also, you can look for bullet impact or holes in the clothing, some might see something. Regardless, I'd say for the officer, his shot placement was good enough on this perp that day. The officer went home to his family. Many might not fare so well, and it was around 3 seconds or less from the beginning of the attack........

No doubt every situation is different as to what it will take or not to stop a perp, a shotgun with buckshot might always be better, if one could easily have one at their disposal when needed. Obviously the perp died, so the shot placement were in vitals....what exactly IDK, and its moot.

Anyways, I posted to illustrate how it is critical to stay calm, and make every attempt to get off rounds that hit vitals, as many as quickly as needed when things happen fast. You all stay safe folks.
a grown man with a knife can cover ground pretty quickly. Also, pistol bullets are not magic. Short of crushing the central nervous system, there is no medical reason for him to stop his assault before he can reach you. Think about having to add draw time into that and it could get interesting. I think the cop did fine and the model of gun and caliber are inconsequential
Good shootin Teeeexxxxxxx!

Ron

So no one know the shot placement. Pros dont always go down quickly with"center mass"". Also center mass doesn't tell one what the bullet hit, was it heart, lung (one or both) liver, spleen or nothing vital.

Since he went down quickly, it was probably one thing.....CNS.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Watching the video in slow motion, I think he actually makes hits in the first couple of shots. There might be an impact on the ground on shot #1 to the left, but #2 looks like it gets a reaction.
"Since he went down quickly, it was probably one thing.....CNS."

Have you ever heard of the word PAIN? Pain so debilitating you can't take another step...just fall down...like a punch in the gut, kidneys or balz....

With a CNS hit your legs go right out for underneath you.

Lots of people I know have shot people and only one was a CNS hit yet almost all of them dropped at shot or within a step or two of the hit...

This was not a CNS stop....

Bob
Originally Posted by RJM

Have you ever heard of the word PAIN? Pain so debilitating you can't take another step...just fall down...like a punch in the gut, kidneys or balz....

Lots of people I know have shot people and only one was a CNS hit yet almost all of them dropped at shot or within a step or two of the hit...

Bob

I disagree with the pain theory. My experience of being shot with a 357 mag was numb with no pain at all unti.the next day. Major injuries are normally that way. People cutting a finger off in a press don't even realize it until they see the finger is gone
where is the video? Where is the bullet?
Originally Posted by glockdoofus

Look up your azz you should find them there
Originally Posted by RJM

Bob

I disagree with the pain theory. My experience of being shot with a 357 mag was numb with no pain at all unti.the next day. Major injuries are normally that way. People cutting a finger off in a press don't even realize it until they see the finger is gone

Ok...so then why did he stop the attack....if bullets don't cause pain till the next day he should not have even slowed down... One of the above posters said there was no physiological reason for him to stop...

I've talked to several officers who have been shot. No CNS hits, most went right to the ground and most reported a lot of pain...

Bob
Originally Posted by RJM
Originally Posted by RJM

Bob

Ok...so then why did he stop the attack....if bullets don't cause pain till the next day he should not have even slowed down... One of the above posters said there was no physiological reason for him to stop...

I've talked to several officers who have been shot. No CNS hits, most went right to the ground and most reported a lot of pain...

Bob

Really? It is a fact that a mashed finger hurts worse than one cut off.
There are many reasons for one to stop, but they don't all stop and you should know that
Looks good to me though

My experience of being shot with a 357 mag was numb with no pain at all unti.the next day. Major injuries are normally that way.
Where were you hit? I've seen someone who was shot in the hand with a 45ACP and I thought the blood was from slide bite due to his lack of concern.
No schit, I saw a tranny shoot itself in the azz trying to reholster their carry gun after exiting a gun show. It started screeching and hopping around. Looked painful.
But we are talking about this one...

And you haven't said why you think he stopped...
Originally Posted by UPhiker

My experience of being shot with a 357 mag was numb with no pain at all unti.the next day. Major injuries are normally that way.
Where were you hit? I've seen someone who was shot in the hand with a 45ACP and I thought the blood was from slide bite due to his lack of concern.

mid thigh exited my knee. You definitely know something is wrong but the pain is not felt. A mashed finger is much more painful.

Well, someone's gotta do it....
Justified!
Close range knife attack and quick incapacitating shots...

https://m.youtube.com/watchv=_gf45mf0wii
Originally Posted by glockdoofus

Look up your azz you should find me peeking out from there

You know something frightening. I did and what did I see ? I saw you looking at me from behind a stool with glee.
jwp....still waiting for your theory on why the guy stopped...

I've known three people who were shot in the thigh...

LEO... .223 round, probably 55 FJM, through the left thigh....hopped up and down in the road denying to himself he had been shot...finally with more bullets bouncing around him he hopped to the side of the road and took cover.

Soldier...Iraq... 7.62x39 round...said it felt like he had been hit with a sledgehammer. Spun him 180 and dumped him on the ground. Lots of pain.

LEO... 9mm...shot self through the thigh while about to execute a search warrant. Never asked him how it felt.

Your thigh area is some of the biggest muscle groups of the body...I can see why there would be less pain than in other areas...
Originally Posted by RJM
jwp....still waiting for your theory on why the guy stopped...

I've known three people who were shot in the thigh...

LEO... .223 round, probably 55 FJM, through the left thigh....hopped up and down in the road denying to himself he had been shot...finally with more bullets bouncing around him he hopped to the side of the road and took cover.

Soldier...Iraq... 7.62x39 round...said it felt like he had been hit with a sledgehammer. Spun him 180 and dumped him on the ground. Lots of pain.

LEO... 9mm...shot self through the thigh while about to execute a search warrant. Never asked him how it felt.

Your thigh area is some of the biggest muscle groups of the body...I can see why there would be less pain than in other areas...

You going to be waiting a long time. I gave you my experience and it dam sure ain't pain.

No one knows what vails were hit or if they were even hit
You need to get off if your high horse

© 24hourcampfire