Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I feel this is going to lead into another bullet testing video with no tested bullets being shown.
Maybe with a test video this subject could be put to rest.
I see some Illuminated One stepping in or up and being the one who will shine the illuminating illumination on us and light the way for the rest of us to follow.
I feel this all the way down to my toe nails to the top of my head.
Come Oh Great Illuminated One and show us the way to great success.
May the Farce be with you now and always. And may your Unicore be well fed and groomed for the up and coming ride into our lives.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

GB1

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
JWP, you can see him grab his chest.....so that area under his hand, well you can draw a strong conclusion there. Also, you can look for bullet impact or holes in the clothing, some might see something. Regardless, I'd say for the officer, his shot placement was good enough on this perp that day. The officer went home to his family. Many might not fare so well, and it was around 3 seconds or less from the beginning of the attack........

No doubt every situation is different as to what it will take or not to stop a perp, a shotgun with buckshot might always be better, if one could easily have one at their disposal when needed. Obviously the perp died, so the shot placement were in vitals....what exactly IDK, and its moot.

Anyways, I posted to illustrate how it is critical to stay calm, and make every attempt to get off rounds that hit vitals, as many as quickly as needed when things happen fast. You all stay safe folks.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
a grown man with a knife can cover ground pretty quickly. Also, pistol bullets are not magic. Short of crushing the central nervous system, there is no medical reason for him to stop his assault before he can reach you. Think about having to add draw time into that and it could get interesting. I think the cop did fine and the model of gun and caliber are inconsequential

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good shootin Teeeexxxxxxx!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by 65BR
I was pretty sure that was a 9mm, very quick shot to shot recovery times.

JWP, as to shot placement, what my eyes saw, the first two likely missed, the first looked low and left and the 2nd left, look at the angle of the gun, and you seem to can tell a slight impact on the first shot. The 3rd hit, look at his face, the fourth on the upper right side of his chest, the 5th looked near the same area, perhaps in the neck/throat. All 3 I'd call center of mass.......and obviously sufficient, and statistically, he connected 60% of the 5 shots, so probably better than many situations....no doubt the guy was coming in a direct line.

SO what we can learn from this:

Having a gun in hand, proper 2 hand hold and stance was very critical
Fast repeat shots helped, one did not stop him the 2nd dropped him and he dropped the knife, the 5th shot was already in motion as the officer was going to not stop until the threat was over, and he was not sure when he was pulling that 4th shot the guy would stop or drop.

Could very well be a suicide, sad this ended this way, but the officer was completely justified. Yes, I counted about 9 paces or so, likely long, so 10 paces would have had the perp on the officer.....with a knife. Quickly indeed. 3 seconds max, and surely under, watch the clock.

On the comment about a heavy Glock trigger, I cannot see where the trigger slowed him down, or ruined the day, under stress, I am sure that trigger pull weight was never noticed one bit. Just my .02

So no one know the shot placement. Pros dont always go down quickly with"center mass"". Also center mass doesn't tell one what the bullet hit, was it heart, lung (one or both) liver, spleen or nothing vital.

Since he went down quickly, it was probably one thing.....CNS.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Watching the video in slow motion, I think he actually makes hits in the first couple of shots. There might be an impact on the ground on shot #1 to the left, but #2 looks like it gets a reaction.

Last edited by Gooch_McGrundle; 05/15/20.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"Since he went down quickly, it was probably one thing.....CNS."

Have you ever heard of the word PAIN? Pain so debilitating you can't take another step...just fall down...like a punch in the gut, kidneys or balz....

With a CNS hit your legs go right out for underneath you.

Lots of people I know have shot people and only one was a CNS hit yet almost all of them dropped at shot or within a step or two of the hit...

This was not a CNS stop....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RJM

Have you ever heard of the word PAIN? Pain so debilitating you can't take another step...just fall down...like a punch in the gut, kidneys or balz....

Lots of people I know have shot people and only one was a CNS hit yet almost all of them dropped at shot or within a step or two of the hit...

Bob

I disagree with the pain theory. My experience of being shot with a 357 mag was numb with no pain at all unti.the next day. Major injuries are normally that way. People cutting a finger off in a press don't even realize it until they see the finger is gone

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
where is the video? Where is the bullet?

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
where is the video? Where is the bullet?

Look up your azz you should find them there

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RJM

Bob

I disagree with the pain theory. My experience of being shot with a 357 mag was numb with no pain at all unti.the next day. Major injuries are normally that way. People cutting a finger off in a press don't even realize it until they see the finger is gone

Ok...so then why did he stop the attack....if bullets don't cause pain till the next day he should not have even slowed down... One of the above posters said there was no physiological reason for him to stop...

I've talked to several officers who have been shot. No CNS hits, most went right to the ground and most reported a lot of pain...

Bob

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by RJM
Originally Posted by RJM

Bob

Ok...so then why did he stop the attack....if bullets don't cause pain till the next day he should not have even slowed down... One of the above posters said there was no physiological reason for him to stop...

I've talked to several officers who have been shot. No CNS hits, most went right to the ground and most reported a lot of pain...

Bob

Really? It is a fact that a mashed finger hurts worse than one cut off.
There are many reasons for one to stop, but they don't all stop and you should know that

E
E
Looks good to me though

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

My experience of being shot with a 357 mag was numb with no pain at all unti.the next day. Major injuries are normally that way.
Where were you hit? I've seen someone who was shot in the hand with a 45ACP and I thought the blood was from slide bite due to his lack of concern.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
No schit, I saw a tranny shoot itself in the azz trying to reholster their carry gun after exiting a gun show. It started screeching and hopping around. Looked painful.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
But we are talking about this one...

And you haven't said why you think he stopped...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker

My experience of being shot with a 357 mag was numb with no pain at all unti.the next day. Major injuries are normally that way.
Where were you hit? I've seen someone who was shot in the hand with a 45ACP and I thought the blood was from slide bite due to his lack of concern.

mid thigh exited my knee. You definitely know something is wrong but the pain is not felt. A mashed finger is much more painful.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, someone's gotta do it....

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Justified!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,881
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.