Home
Posted By: Fotis Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/17/22
I have a varmint barrel 17 HMR which actually shoots better than I do. I do have access to great P-dog fields with endless possibilities on shots. I currently have a Burris 3x9x40 E-1 an Athlon BTR Gen II 2x12x40 illuminated, 6x18 Nikon mildot AO, and some others scopes.

What would you scope this with? I know I am overthinking this but hey that's what rifle loonies do.
I have a Weaver V16 on a Marlin 917 and a V24 on a Savage 93R17 with a Heavy Green Mountain barrel. If there is room, I always try to bring a rifle in 17HMR along on pdog shoots to use when the centerfire rifles are cooling down and to shoot g-squirrels out to 150 or so yards.
Do elaborate on said piece of fhuqking schit. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Do no "forget" that you "can't read" this,due your heralded Imaginary Pretend Ignore,you CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Brokedick Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
I have a Burris Signature HD 3-15x44 on my CZ 457 17HMR. Great scope, bright, clear, easy to dial - no colored electrical tape necessary. Can see chucks sitting way back in the dark rock shadows and still whack em.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
In fact I like it so much that I have the same on my Bergara BMR Steel .22LR and Bergara 6.5CM.
The Burris cited,is a fhuqking pile of schit,that won't/can't hold zero,track or repeat. It's SFP to boot,with a Dog Schit reticle. Hint.

If it "helps" your Imagination and Pretend,I've never seen a piece of fhuqking schit CZ Hummer. Hint.

Nor a 22LR. Hint.

You Whining Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqks are a HOOT! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/17/22
I put a Hawke Endurance on a 22wmr which was calibrated for that cartridge and I love it. They had same for other rimfire, you might look into that
I don't know why the Athlon wouldn't serve you well Fotis.
Jeezus Fhuqking Gawd...I'm fhuqking CRYING I'm laughing soooooooooo hard!!!! Hint.

Do "tell" about this "MAGICAL" "calibration" and perhaps dangle a picture of said piece of fhuqking schit,for even more oblivious HILARITY. Dare ya'! Hint.

Simply pass the 40++ Mil MQ erector,an etched 10 Mil reticle and it will unerringly jive with EVERY fhuqking bullet/chambering on the fhuqking Planet,to within 1/10th Mil. Read that again. Now one more time,but slooowwwlllllllllly. HINT!

You CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards never disappoint,by simply doing your BEST. Paula likes to PROVE same. Hint.

Fortunately for her,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even she can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Posted By: Sheister Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/17/22
As I'm getting older I like as much magnification as I can get to do the job these days. The 4-16 Arken I got a while back is a heck of a lot of glass for the money and works great. I actually have bigger glass on a couple of my vermin rigs- in the 6-24 and 6-18 range and like them even better if the shots are more than 100 yards out. Hoping to take a trip to the prairie poodle fields next spring and really test some of the hardware to see how it performs at extreme range, but for my squirrel/sage rat endeavors out to about 200-250 yards with the rimfires I like the higher power units and the Arken and Athlons are quickly becoming my favorites..
Posted By: Fotis Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/17/22
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I don't know why the Athlon wouldn't serve you well Fotis.

Thatis what I am thinking...
It is EPIC fhuqking hilarity,that you two Drooltards joined "forces",to deduce that the scope wearing the .3 Mil center dot...is THE way to roll. Kudos on doing your BEST! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/17/22
Fhuqking LAUGHING ........is so.... right ......Fhuqking Hint!
I use the Burris FFII with the Ballistic Plex reticle on mine, it's just fine out to the distances where an HMR has any guts left in it. It runs out of gas about 175 yards, no need to scope it for longer than that. I've made shots with mine out to 250 yards, but the dog laid on the mound and kicked air for a couple of minutes after. Not my idea of a clean kill.
crisco,

There's zero need to lubricate your Emotions,as you can't keep them from fhuqking falling out of you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm purty sweet on my Garrow Hummers too(because they an't Blowback) and now you have yet another Dream to Google. Hint.

snooker,

You TELL 'em,it's ALL about the schitty fhuqking scope and a "Ballistic Plex"! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/18/22
I'm getting ready to give the 4-12 Tract rimfire a-go on my 1517 Annie. The Torics have been great for me, so I'll give their rimfire model a try.
KyJelly,

I'm at a "loss",as I've never seen an "Annie"...but if I had,they'd be 54's. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
Posted By: Ackman Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/18/22
Originally Posted by Fotis
I have a varmint barrel 17 HMR which actually shoots better than I do. I do have access to great P-dog fields with endless possibilities on shots. I currently have a Burris 3x9x40 E-1 an Athlon BTR Gen II 2x12x40 illuminated, 6x18 Nikon mildot AO, and some others scopes.

What would you scope this with? I know I am overthinking this but hey that's what rifle loonies do.

I've no hummers, but some 22mags and a couple 17AH's. They all wear the old Weaver 4-16's which have worked real well for many years. Even on the rimfires I don't think 16x is too much. Shooting at little things it's nice to make them look big. I'd go with another 4-16 or even something to 20x.
Originally Posted by Fotis

Any of the scopes above are OK IMHO. I personally use S&B 2.5-1.x56 on my Anschutz 1717D.
Since the .17HMR has center fire range, I would not use a rim fire scope.
Sweetie,

Your keyboard is slurring and the fhuqking STUPIDITY is soaking your bib. Hint.

Wow +P++!

Fhuqking LAUGHING................
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/18/22
Big tick,

Are you trying to be a "show-off". or [bleep] STUPID / RETARDED ??????
crisco,

There's zero need to lubricate your Emotions,as you can't keep them from fhuqking falling out of you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Feel free to keep waxing eloquent,via your soothing High Pitched Vagina Monologue,about your amazingly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll happily fuel same with wares that exist. Hint.

I only have a couple Garrows. Hint.

PLEASE "tell" me more about 17 HMR rifles and scopes,because your doing fhuqking "GREAT!". Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: gunzo Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/18/22
A 2-12 has worked well for me. When I first started shooting PD's with a 17 I was kind wanting a bit more power, but the 12 wound up being OK. Mil dots, coarse crosshairs & those doggone Nikon rings cover too much of a PD to suit me. And....I definitely want at least a good elevation dial.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Magnification,in and of itself is largely moot. Robust internals that track,repeat and hold zero,are not. SFP is a Goat Fhuqk and reticle selection matters. Parallax control,is also mandatory. Hint.

A 12x Fixed Fhuqker MQ,blows that piece of fhuqking schit away...if only for starters. But we get a thing here called "weather" and it's applicable to Rimfires too. Hint.

Just sayin'..................
Posted By: Fotis Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/18/22
Another thread contamination I see
Kchuntis,

Don't be too hard on yourself,if only because Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you Whine aloud and quantify your Professional Victim status. Hint.

If only in "fairness",I've not had a 2-12x Gen2 FFP Mil/Mil Lit Bitch in tow,since yesterday. Though it's not like I'm not gonna shoot a few more of 'em today. Pun be intended. Hint.

Do no "forget" that you "can't read" this,due your heralded Imaginary Pretend Ignore,you CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Brokedick Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Posted By: killerv Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/18/22
Classy rimfire thread....
The gals are doing their best,while feverishly filling out more Hurt Feeler Reports...when they should be simply taking notes and applying same. Hint.

Bless their poor poor(literally) hearts.

Hint.

Just buy a good scope and you won't need a closet full of replacements........
Second on the Hawke Endurance line of scopes. Own 4 of them now, .177 air rifle, 22LR, (2) .17HMR. Favorite is the 4-14x 50mm w/.17HMR recticle. Super clear, repeatable tracking, Parallex down to 10 yrds, and unbelievable price for a scope of this quality
You Amazingly CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts.

Now it's "parallex" and "etched recticles for different calibers"?!? Hint.

Posted By: colodog Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/18/22
I'm also thinking the Athlon you have in hand would be fine for the trajectory of the cartridge and the distances you'll likely use it.
No idea how it would hold up to needlessly submersing the rifle but it's wind that is likely going to be the biggest obstacle..

If you want to test newer "better" optics, please do,. we'd like to hear your report!
dumbdog,

You "tell" her and your trajectory "assessment",is a rather NICE "touch" too,you Amazingly Inept CLUELESS Fhuqk. Read that again. Now one more time,but sloooowwwwllllllly. HINT.

If your "life" depended upon it,you couldn't quantify SFP or FFP,let alone apply same to "wind". Hint.

Said scope's .3 center in action. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you grasp at straws and guess wildly,aloud. Hint.

Fotis: I have a bunch of heavy barrel Rifles in 17 HMR caliber.
I really like/need/use lots of scope power and adjustable objectives on these Rifles.
My favorite scope for my 17 HMR's is a tie between the Leupold 6x18 variables with A/O and the Weaver 4x16 variables with A/O.
I bet that Nikon 6x18 variable with A/O would work perfectly for you!
Good luck with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
VarmintGal,

Your DELUSIONAL Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqktitude,is simply MAGNIFICENT in it's grandeur. SFP,schit reticles and Dog Schit parallax "control" aren't "answers". And "heavy barrels" means Salvage Dog Schit. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for TRYING though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 11/25/22
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I use the Burris FFII with the Ballistic Plex reticle on mine, it's just fine out to the distances where an HMR has any guts left in it. It runs out of gas about 175 yards, no need to scope it for longer than that. I've made shots with mine out to 250 yards, but the dog laid on the mound and kicked air for a couple of minutes after. Not my idea of a clean kill.
I also use the Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 with the ballistic plex reticle. I shoot out to 200 yards and the Burris has done a great job for me.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I also use the Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 with the ballistic plex reticle. I shoot out to 200 yards and the Burris has done a great job for me.

Same.
Posted By: 44mc Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 12/11/22
twiggys sister must have cut him off again .he has nothing to do when sis is hooking to get money to feed unkbaby daddy kid .bless her pore heart hint
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Same.

Damn, you guys are going to piss little twig off. He hates Burris for some reason. As for scope choice. It's a rimfire 17HMR. Use whatever you want. I've used a lot of cheap azzed scopes that work just fine. Bushnell makes a 6-18x40 with a dial calibrated specifically for the 17. Works great out to 300 yards or so. Past that cartridges useful range IMHO. I've also used Burris, but stepped up to the AR556 and AR762 4.5-14x42, which is a few steps above the FFII you guys are running. Like I said, use what works.

Here's a Burris MSR 4.5-14x42 that also worked well with the 17:

Weaver V16 4-16x42 with AO:
I did see an A 17 that needed a FFII tonight.
You Brokedick Drooling CLUELESS Dumbfhuqks doing your BEST,is akin to watching a Jerry Lewis Telethon...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've yet to see a Burris of any flavor,track,repeat or hold zero,but I actually shoot and with simply Splendid Wares. Pardon reality. Hint.

Did Beezer ever get those 108's barking in her AR?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 12/14/22
dialing all the way out to 200 yards? Okay!!
Posted By: Seafire Re: Perfect scope for 17 HMR? - 12/14/22
I put a Cabelas Convenent on a Ruger 77/17 bull barrel in 17 HMR... power is 4 x 16...

its tumbled ground squirrels/ sage rats to 300 yds with pretty good consistency....

it has what I call a Christmas Tree reticle... but it works pretty darn well...

I've had one on this rifle for 5 plus years....

under 125 yards off a rest, a head shot is pretty easily achievable....
© 24hourcampfire