Home
Guys,

I decided to start a new thread to make things simple....

As discussed in the other thread, Whittaker Guns partnered with Tikka for an exclusive run of T3x Lite Stainless rifles in 22-250 with a 1 in 8" twist.

The rifles will be available in right or left hand. Delivery time is expected in 4 months.

As promised, we're providing a Tikka case and a spare mag to everyone that pre-orders the rifle. All pre-orders must be placed on layaway before June 1st, 2017. Originally, I'd suggested we would provide a promo code for pre-orders to receive the mag and case. We found a way to track it without the promo code -- so none needed. 24hourcampfire members have a jump on this exclusive. I've not promoted it anywhere else.

To preorder the rifles, simply click on one of the links below and place the rifle on layaway. As I stated earlier, I won't be keeping email or PM lists to purchase the rifles. That's for your benefit! The pre-order requires a 15% non-refundable deposit. Layaway requires an account set up, but its super simple. We'll need that information anyway once the rifle is ready to ship. This layaway won't expire in 90 days. The rifles won't be here for 120 days, so we're giving you extra time to pay. No monthly emails or reminders, you just log into your account and pay a little here and there. It's as simple as that.

Here is the link for the right hand rifle:
https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/38416

Here is the link for the left hand rifle:
https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/38417

You'll have to use the email for price method we utilize for the gun. I won't post the price here as discussed in the other thread.

If you run into any issues, please email us with questions. Use these email addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I'll post updates to this thread as needed.
Great price!
Order placed.

I read that they no longer come with rings is this true?

Dink
What the heck I'm in at that price
It's not sending me the price when I request it. This is when I request price for LEFT hand model.
Originally Posted by devnull
It's not sending me the price when I request it. This is when I request price for LEFT hand model.

Awaiting my price check email to proceed as well.
Excellent price. Mine is on order as well.
Awaiting pricing email as well. I haven't been this excited about a rifle in a while.
Looks like a good deal.
You SIR are a crack dealer! I had to order one. Thank You.

Now, can you kindly go speak with Tikka about a left hand CTR stainless in 6.5 CM? Us southpaws need the same options as our Euro counterparts.

Now, can you kindly go speak with Tikka about a left hand CTR stainless in 6.5 CM? Us southpaws need the same options as our Euro counterparts.

That's in the works, but nothing finalized yet. They're talking about letting specific dealers do special orders on the Euro guns. It would be an extended lead time, but available none the less.

Nothing finalized, just talk at this point.
Thanks Darrik!

I've got mine on order. What do we need to do to get the magazine and case included in with it?
Ordered. Thats a good deal
Originally Posted by Dude270
Thanks Darrik!

I've got mine on order. What do we need to do to get the magazine and case included in with it?

Nothing! The pre-order qualifies you for the promotion. We have something on the back side that identifies all the pre-orders.
Right on order completed and paid for in full...

You guys make that scary easy! My first Whittaker Guns purchase but they have a slew of FFLs to pick from and everything....dangerous to know its THAT easy. Put a couple more BS steps in there to make it more of a PITA Darrick to save me money in the future. smile
I tried 2 different email addresses and haven't received either one. Does it take a while or is something wrong? It's usually instantaneous with Whittaker.
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter03
I tried 2 different email addresses and haven't received either one. Does it take a while or is something wrong? It's usually instantaneous with Whittaker.

Just posting that on here will get ya the attention you need likely....you'll see what I mean...I am ordered up and still never got the price check email.
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

That's in the works, but nothing finalized yet. They're talking about letting specific dealers do special orders on the Euro guns. It would be an extended lead time, but available none the less.

I'm not trying to rain on devnull's parade; but, I'd be willing to bet you would sell 5 times as many, or more, of a left handed 7/08 than you would any other lefty you could get in. Just my opinion. Now, back to the 22-250 matter.

PM sent! Sorry for this hiccup! I have our programmers looking into it. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly!
Ordered 1 of the lefty's. Thanks for offering these in LH Darrik.

Also just a heads up the caliber is listed wrong on the LH specs.

Thank you for the opportunity for a port-sider. Mine's on order.
Order placed! can't wait for this!
Originally Posted by BigE7207

PM sent! Sorry for this hiccup! I have our programmers looking into it. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly!

Took about 20 minutes but I got it. Just ordered. Thank you for doing this. Gonna be harder than waiting for my dang suppressor though.
Mine's ordered. Thank you very much for this opportunity Darrick!
Placed my order Darrik, Thx!

Will the barrels be marked 1-8" Twist ??

Originally Posted by SU35
Placed my order Darrik, Thx!

Will the barrels be marked 1-8" Twist ??

Honestly, I don't know! The 223's are, so I'd assume these will be too.
I'm in but won't be able to do down-payment til next Friday.

Thanks to Darrik! Ruger is going to be self-harming because of its failure to deal with twists.

Y'all should get a gunsmith who'd thread new rifles before shipping. Suppressors are fixing to be 'Uge!
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

Awaiting my price check email to proceed as well.

I am also waiting for a price. Cheers NC
Order placed.

Thanks Darrik!
ordered, thanks Darrick
Ordered mine too.
Lefty order place. Hats off to you SAS! Many thanks. You've made a new customer out of me.
Done!

Thanks, Darrik and Whittakers! You've kept me from replacing some carpet in the house... laugh

Very cool! Thank you for doing this.
Just ordered a lefty, thanks for the heads up, hope they offer other fast twist in more calibers thanks guys!
May regret saying this but. I clicked on the link, created an account. Had the price e-mailed to me. I can't seem to find any way on the Whi. site to lay-away the gun or add it to my cart. Dumb as i'm feeling, what am i doing wrong?
Originally Posted by DINK
Order placed.

I read that they no longer come with rings is this true?

Dink

Lets hope not. They were crap from the get-go.
Just ordered a right handed.

Darrik,

Anything in the works for a T3/T3x in 6.5 CM? It would be nice to grab a Super Varmint in 6.5 CM or any other 6.5CM variant.

Thanks,

Bill
Placed an order. Thank you!
Originally Posted by SD65

Darrik,

Anything in the works for a T3/T3x in 6.5 CM? It would be nice to grab a Super Varmint in 6.5 CM or any other 6.5CM variant.

Thanks,

Bill

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-8091241

Thats an option. Mine shoots 5 shots into less than a half inch with only 30-40 rounds down the pipe with standard factory ammo. smile
And we should have the 24" CTR Stainless 6.5 Creedmoor's any day now...
Originally Posted by guy57
May regret saying this but. I clicked on the link, created an account. Had the price e-mailed to me. I can't seem to find any way on the Whi. site to lay-away the gun or add it to my cart. Dumb as i'm feeling, what am i doing wrong?

Guy,

You need to add it to your cart from the email. Then you'll be taken to their site where you can click on 'shopping cart' in the lower left of the page.

You'll need to fill out your contact info, etc and then you'll be given the option of paying or doing layaway.
So....

Has 2muchgun showed up here or the other thread to tell us how stupid we all are?

laugh
Huh - 20+ ordered in just over a day.

Nice
Thanks for doing this Darrik!

I'd also be interested in a T3x Lite Stainless in 6.5 CM...

Yes, Thanks a lot.... I just placed my order.
Thanks ordered a LH
Any hope for a T3X LH 6.5 CM?
Have no idea why I'm considering one, but I'm tempted.

Either way, thanks for doing this.

Picking up my 6.5 Ruger Precision from Darrik tomorrow and now he might steal a little more money from me.
Order placed, paid in full. It will be arriving just about Birthday time. Happy Birthday to me.
Now lets talk about optics. What will you fine gentlemen top these rifles with?
SWFA 6x would be perfect I think
Originally Posted by Travis13

Yea either 6x 10x or maybe a 3-9swfa.
Been wanting to try an 6x SS and may do so for this gun. Then piggyback my Aimpoint H1 at 10 o'clock.

That could handle just about every critter TN has to offer inside 350. And tickle steel way out yonder.

Getting excited.

Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Have a Vortex Viper and a Bush 6500 Elite available. Either will work for my application which is predator hunting at fairly long range, or maybe deer where legal. I may also consider one or two others.

I just had a scope rodeo at my house. I freed up a 6-18x40 Nikon buckmaster with target turrets.. I replaced it with a Meopta on my 2506AI because it is not great in low light. The Nikon does track true and work well at distance and that is where I see this rig being run.

Darrik, or anybody, what is the box length of this Tikka in 22-250?
Just completed the order - you guys make that too easy!!!

Now time to start accumulating the reloading bits and pieces.......
I have an extra Z3 3-10x42 with the BRH reticle that might just be the ticket for a speed goat, OK white tail rifle like I believe this one can be. I'll develop a load using some TTSX or other long, pointy bullets and see which one it likes best. I suspect this is going to be like most other Tikka's I have, just load it, point it and shoot it.
Originally Posted by Travis13

I believe that is perfect...
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I'm fairly sure the 22-250 uses the 308 mag. My notes say 2.83", plenty of room for the 22-250

Thank you Walter.
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak

I'm fairly sure the 22-250 uses the 308 mag. My notes say 2.83", plenty of room for the 22-250

That'll be wicked.
Ordered a lefty today. Thanks . This should be the ultimate song dog slayer.
Originally Posted by Smokewagon

I ordered the same today myself. Should shoot the heavy's very well. Thank you Darrik
does anyone know what the case will look like? Hard or soft case?
Soft. Let me see if I can dig up a picture....
Here is a link...

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/tikka-gun-case-black/fop5101880999/

Thank you Darrik
Originally Posted by Smokewagon

That's my thought. I am planning on giving it the AI treatment also -- it'll be a short-fat Swift.

..and threaded for a can.
absolutely thread it for a can.
On average, what can you expect in added velocity by AI'ing the 22-250?

OSU- , I'm not sure but somebody here will chime in with actual data I'm sure..

My P.O. Ackley vol no. 1 calls the 22-250 AI a very good cartridge and refers to Swift load data as equivalent so I'm guessing 100-200 fps for the AI over the standard 22-250.
Ordered mine today. I'm thinking 62 gr TTSX around 3500fps should be wicked on hill country deer and hogs...
Thank you George. That's about what I was thinking and appreciate the confirmation.
Originally Posted by tx270
Ordered mine today. I'm thinking 62 gr TTSX around 3500fps should be wicked on hill country deer and hogs...

Yes sir!!!
Can't wait to get mine. Nevada coyotes better beware.
Man, I am stockpiling bullets for this one.. Really thinking I will try the 62 or 75 grain Scirocco's though.. They seem to be a pretty wicked bullet and they can get some good speeds from the Ackley case.
Put a righty on layaway this morning!

Taux up, I am.

Checking to see if my barrel threading buddy could punch a chamber AI.

I really need to sell some rifles, though.
UNFORTUNATELY this is just what I have been thinking about building ever since I shot Travis' HOWA two years ago...

...so I just ordered one....

Thanks...I think...Bob
I was going to buy one, but checked the Wikipedia page for the .22-250...

"It may be the fastest .22 cal but it suffers inaccuracy making it one of the worse .22s to shoot.[4][5]"

Looks like I'll have to pass frown
LOL!

One of the most accurate rifles I've ever owned was a Savage model 12 in .22-250. It would routinely shoot Winchester white box bulk 45gr HP ammo into ~0.5" groups at 200 yards. It was stupid accurate.
Originally Posted by Petro

"It may be the fastest .22 cal but it suffers inaccuracy making it one of the worse .22s to shoot.[4][5]"

I load for a friend who has a 22-250. His is certainly NOT inaccurate. His is the reason I am purchasing one for myself. His daughter has killed a pile of deer and hogs with the little 64 grain BSB bullet.. Tough combination.

A bit early for an April fools joke isn't it? Get back to us and confirm you were joking.

A bit early for an April fools joke isn't it? Get back to us and confirm you were joking.

I had to look, and Wiki does in fact say that..

The .22-250 Remington is a very high-velocity (capable of reaching over 4000 feet per second), short action, .22 caliber rifle cartridge primarily used for varmint hunting and small game hunting, though it finds occasional use on deer.[2] This cartridge is also sometimes known as the .22 Varminter or the .22 Wotkyns Original Swift.[3] Along with the .220 Swift, the .22-250 was one of the high-velocity .22 caliber cartridges that developed a reputation for remote wounding effects known as hydrostatic shock in the late 1930s and early 1940s. It may be the fastest .22 cal but it suffers inaccuracy making it one of the worse .22s to shoot.[4][5]

Goes to show what Wiki knows...

Ok; well, your moms doing the wash right now so I guess you can go back down stairs and lay down.

We'll call you when lunch is ready.

whistle

The .22-250 Remington is a very high-velocity (capable of reaching over 4000 feet per second), short action, .22 caliber rifle cartridge primarily used for varmint hunting and small game hunting, though it finds occasional use on deer.[2] This cartridge is also sometimes known as the .22 Varminter or the .22 Wotkyns Original Swift.[3] Along with the .220 Swift, the .22-250 was one of the high-velocity .22 caliber cartridges that developed a reputation for remote wounding effects known as hydrostatic shock in the late 1930s and early 1940s. It may be the fastest .22 cal but it suffers inaccuracy making it one of the worse .22s to shoot.[4][5]

Goes to show what Wiki knows... [/quote]

I'm really glad I bought another one now! When I read drivel like this I just laugh.

Perfect example of fake news.
Originally Posted by 2506AI

Goes to show what Wiki knows...

Chuck Hawks writing?
Originally Posted by beretzs
Man, I am stockpiling bullets for this one.. Really thinking I will try the 62 or 75 grain Scirocco's though.. They seem to be a pretty wicked bullet and they can get some good speeds from the Ackley case.

Was thinking this would be a fun little burner with 77 gr Scenars with a CDS on an old spare 6.5-20 Leupold I have gathering dust on a safe top.

Whoever wrote that in Wiki, doesn't have a clue what they are talking about....

definitely clear they never owned one, much less shot one...

What you quote from them is about as stupid as if it said, people who can't shoot worth a crap buy 22.250s...
Originally Posted by gunner500

Was thinking this would be a fun little burner with 77 gr Scenars with a CDS on an old spare 6.5-20 Leupold I have gathering dust on a safe top.

Those would be cool too. I really like the Sierra 77 grain Tipped Matchking from my little 223.. The 22-250 will only be more better'er! grin
I've got a 1 in 7 twist barrel on a Ruger 77 Mk2... that was formerly a 243, so it has a longer mag, or isn't blocked off like Ruger's 22.250....

with a 75 grain BTHP or A Max, its a flat shooter for sure..

runs 3350s fps with bullets of that weight, seated out of the case more than the usual 22.250 mag length...and with 80 grain A Maxes, it is even more accurate...

I've got some of those 80 grain ELD-Ms on the way from Powder Valley....

Gunner.... RL 15 or IMR 4895 are two powders you will be looking for with those longer bullets...

I thought accurate and velocity would be in the 4350 range, but I was wrong...4064-4895-RL15-Varget are about in the right burn range for those bullet weights...

with that Leupold, you'll have a long range coyote getter...
Originally Posted by Seafire
I've got a 1 in 7 twist barrel on a Ruger 77 Mk2... that was formerly a 243, so it has a longer mag, or isn't blocked off like Ruger's 22.250....

with a 75 grain BTHP or A Max, its a flat shooter for sure..

runs 3350s fps with bullets of that weight, seated out of the case more than the usual 22.250 mag length...and with 80 grain A Maxes, it is even more accurate...

I've got some of those 80 grain ELD-Ms on the way from Powder Valley....

Gunner.... RL 15 or IMR 4895 are two powders you will be looking for with those longer bullets...

I thought accurate and velocity would be in the 4350 range, but I was wrong...4064-4895-RL15-Varget are about in the right burn range for those bullet weights...

with that Leupold, you'll have a long range coyote getter...

Good intel. Thank you.

Those would be cool too. I really like the Sierra 77 grain Tipped Matchking from my little 223.. The 22-250 will only be more better'er! grin

10-4 B, I might have to buy one, never had a Tikka.

Thanks Seafire, was gonna torch the throat then cut, set back, and rechamber to A.I., already have AI dies and about 200 sticks of AI brass.

10-4 B, I might have to buy one, never had a Tikka.

Thanks Seafire, was gonna torch the throat then cut, set back, and rechamber to A.I., already have AI dies and about 200 sticks of AI brass.

I haven't ever had a Tikka either Gunner. I gotta say I am okay with parting with a few bucks for a company that'll listen to shooters. I think a 8 twist 22-250 is a long time comin!

And yeah, it wouldn't suck as an Ackley either.. Might even invest in a little Lapua brass for the sucker as well.
22-250 AI with a 62gr TTSX stoked over R15 is a deer hammer
My 8 twist .22-250, a Mohawk/Shilen, does really well with 80 gr. A-Max, VLD's. Also likes 75 gr.

DF
May be about to drop the hammer myself beretzs, could be a fun project of sorts.

DF, thanks, good to know 8 twist will stabilize 80, was hoping it would keep the 77 gr scenars spun up tight.
gunner, not only does it stabilize 80's, it shoot them slightly tighter than 75's.

Those 77 Scenars should be tack drivers in a good 8 twist.

I don't have a Tikka, but hear good things about their barrels.

DF
Many Thanks DF, I have some plastic that may need exercising, if the fuggers haven't shut them down again for non-use. mad

Hoping the little 77's hold up well enough on deer, know good and well the scirocco's beretzs mentioned would.
Gunner: you need one of these rifles.... whistle
LOL, 10-4 Poobs.

Hoping the little 77's hold up well enough on deer, know good and well the scirocco's beretzs mentioned would.

gunner, Pat loves Scenars, as you know. But, IIRC he's using heavier, larger caliber bullets, not sure if he's killing stuff with .224's.

I once (only once) shot a WT with a 6mm 90 gr. Scenar at .240 speed.
Big mess, swore off those in the Wby. Now, they may do fine in a .243. It's an art, matching bullet construction with velocity.

The 75 gr. SSII is a good bullet. Those can be a bit COAL sensitive like VLD's. I've used Berger protocol for optimal COAL, works with SSII's just like VLD's. Once you have the optimal COAL, you're good to go.

But, a .22-250 isn't going to push a 77 gr, 80 gr. bullet at warp speed. At around 3K fps, I think an 80 gr. A-Max or VLD will perform pretty well, shouldn't blow up at that speed. For sure, the SSII won't.

DF
Thanks for all the info DF, I really appreciate it, gotta get my head unjiggled on trying to go long with a 22 instead of 300 mags and big 33's. grin
The big slugs will definitely have more wallop at distance than the little ones.

But those high B.C. .22's are impressive.

DF

Ed. for spelling.. blush
If I'm going to go with big heavyweights I might as well go with a 6mm. I'm looking at a 62 TTSX for an all around bullet.
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
If I'm going to go with big heavyweights I might as well go with a 6mm. I'm looking at a 62 TTSX for an all around bullet.

With the 6mm, the discussion changes to 8 twist and 105's, although your combo will be effective.

A fast TTSX is a killer. I really like 100 gr. TTSX's in my .257R at 3,250 fps over max H100V loads. Gunner says, that load is a "little buzzsaw". He got that right...

DF
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Correct for the win!
Order placed.
Thank you
[Linked Image]

Just waiting on the rifle now wink
Just ordered mine.Now to start gettin componants,boy I can't wait!!!Hope it shoots as good as my T3-SL .223 1-8"twist...ScottyO.
Ordered mine this morning and looking forward to shooting this bad boy.
Been to this rodeo already giddy up

[Linked Image]
George with your fancy pants orange box primers....I will be using the standard blue box 210s cause I am but a peon. smile

Def excited for this little thing to arrive.
So what rings to use Talleys or??
I have a picatinny rail from Mountain Tactical to be mounted. I just have decide which scope to get.
Hmmmm...was really wanting a fast twist Ruger #1 in .22-250 AI, but...
I'll be using Warne rings for the Tikka rail. Am hoping I can get the 62 grain TTSX dialed in properly as I think it'll be the shizzles.
62gr TTSX and R15 should perk well
Originally Posted by tomt53
I have a picatinny rail from Mountain Tactical to be mounted. I just have decide which scope to get.

Same here! I have too many lighter rifles to worry about trying to keep this one light as it will primarily be a rifle that lives in my snowmobile gun boot and plinking steel. Also going with a heavy 20+ oz scope!!! GASP! wink
Has anyone spoken with the boys at Barnes about what powders they might call for with the 62 grainers?
I'm going to call the Barnes boys Monday to see if they have tested any loads using the 62 grain TTSX. If not, we'll need some ideas on beginning loads.

OSU,

Hodgdon gives some data with the 62 gr TAC-X which is a tad shorter than the TTSX, but imagine the data could be used as a starting point, at least, even if not fully interchangeable.

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle
Thanks for sharing that Mojo. That helps.
Don't fret the 62 gr TTSX will work fine in the .22-250

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

another victim

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ColdCase1984 SAS oughta let... - 03/25/17
All the bullet and powder makers know about the special run so they can get data out soon as possible... cool
Posted By: Gtscotty Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/26/17
Wow, a 62gr TTSX @ 3,600fps seems like it would be a brutal low recoil killer. I love Tikkas, and these are sooo tempting.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/26/17
I can't help but think the 62 grain TTSX's effectiveness on game will be much higher than a bullet that weight should be.
Posted By: CootControl Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/26/17
Anyone found any 62 ttsx available online or in your local shops? Bare shelves here.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
I'll call my LGS today to see if there is any in stock. I know of another place that will likely have them but will be high.
I tried to order 5000 boxes of ammo from Hornady. I wanted them to load the 75's to take advantage of the 8" twist.

They said 75's wouldn't stabile in the 22-250. I pointed out the 8" twist again. Then they told me the ogive would be below the case mouth at SAMMI length. I reminded them they provided load data for the bullets in the 22-250 with fast twist barrels and guys had been loading them for years. That went in one ear and out another.

I have a couple other requests out, but nothing finalized yet.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
They're about as sharp as a bowling ball
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
How long is the mag box on this Tikka?
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak

Big enough that you should order one Patrick
Or, use a 30-06 mag and load 'em as long as you like.
Is there a real difference in performance?
Posted By: CootControl Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
I'll call my LGS today to see if there is any in stock. I know of another place that will likely have them but will be high.

Appreciate it OSU. I could use a couple boxes.
Posted By: yogibear Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
Where do you find out the price on this members buy?
Posted By: CootControl Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
Originally Posted by yogibear

Page one of this thread. Click the link.
Posted By: Nrut Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
Originally Posted by yogibear

Are you deaf?
No, just not very computer savvy. I clicked on the order link but saw no price.
Posted By: Nrut Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
Click on link below that will take you to the page where the rifle is listed..

Then below the text click "send price to me"

That should work..

Your right, it did work. Thanks
Just ordered this scope figure I'll try it on this rifle
Sig Sauer WHISKEY5 2-10X42mm ILLUMINATED Hellfire QuadPlex Reticle

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kingston Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
In December, I picked up a 3-18x44 Tango 6 with a SFP Hellfire Triplex reticle. So far, I'm liking the reticle and illumination controls. I've got it on an AR-204. I think you'll like that scope your fast twist 22-250 Tikka. It would make a great calling rifle.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
I'll be real interested to hear how you like it.
Posted By: kingston Re: SAS oughta let... - 03/27/17
IIRC, the rifle that won Gordon's 2017 Cold Bore Cup was fitted with a Sig Sauer Tango6 2-12x42mm FFP MOA/MOA.
Originally Posted by kingston
IIRC, the rifle that won Gordon's 2017 Cold Bore Cup was fitted with a Sig Sauer Tango6 2-12x42mm FFP MOA/MOA.
ah ha!
We have the Sigs on the shelf. I looked through them when I bought them and have not played with any since. They've been selling well though!
BAR30188
BARNES .224 / 22 62 GR TTSX BT (50) 5 $25.99/EA $129.95

That should do for a while
Excellent. where'd you find them?
Powder Valley apparently I got the last 5 boxes as they show out of stock now
I went there this morning and they showed out of stock. I did find one box at my local Cabelas. $27.88 per box. Bought a box of the 55 grainers too.
I'll get y'all a bunch if you want them. I'll check tomorrow to see what I can come up with on price.
Not so fast...just got this email

"We only have 1 available on BAR30188. What would you like to do? We can ship what we have and backorder the rest if you would like.
Thank you,
PVI"

I just told them to cancel it,not gonna pay $9.99 shipping for 1 box

I scanned the net yesterday and those 62 TTSXs are a scarce commodity indeed right now. Wish Id known, the LGS just cleared them out last week at bargain prices!!
We have plenty of time yet and SAS will hook me up I'm sure
All this fuss and folks could grab a thutty thutty or ought six and shroom locks at Mart mart smile
Scope showed up yesterday(Sig Sauer WHISKEY5 2-10X42mm ILLUMINATED Hellfire QuadPlex Reticle)
I'm really liking it on 1st inspection,eye relief is good,glass is good,adjustments solid with positive clicks,hellfire illuminated reticle very nice also

Guess this is how it will look mounted up

[Linked Image]
Nice. I'm interested in how you like the reticle.
I'll get y'all a bunch if you want them. I'll check tomorrow to see what I can come up with on price.

This would be great, if its not too much of an issue.
Nice. I'm interested in how you like the reticle.
I'm loving it so far !

On it!
Thinking a special run of 6mm Creed in 7.7 twist should be up next.

On it!
I'm good for 5 boxes if you get them
No interest in the 70 grainers?
No have some... 62 TTSX is how I'll fly if not those I'll move to 75gr Scirrocos
Cannot hardly wait, going to be 22-250 rich when this shows up.

My LVSF is getting a new 1:8 barrel as we speak, once this Tikka shows up I will have two fast twist rifles to play with. But I am sure my son will "borrow" the Tikka a bunch.

I just got some Lapua Scenar 77gr today for LR steel banging.

I already have a bunch of 53 TSX's and 55gr GMX's that should work for hunting loads.

I will keep a look out for the 62gr TTSX's and procure when opportunity presents.

On it!

I'll take 5 boxes too.
I've seen the O'Neill Ops guys using 50 gr. VMax in their 8-twist 18-in. /250 w good results on coyotes.

How light a bullet can you push in this twist and maintain accuracy and bullet performance?
I have not shot anything less than 50 gr but Those shot great in my 1:8

On it!

I'd take 4 boxes!
Got my Redding Dies last week...have some bullets and now to find some brass...

Looking through my orphan scope box found two 4.5-14 Leupolds...one 1" and one LR 30mm....both have the standard Duplex...

Bob
Hey guys I'm working on a some glass and mounts for the new rifle. I'm pretty sure what scope I'm getting but what mounts do you guys prefer for this Tikka? I'm a Talley guy but I'm always looking for a better fit!
I use and recommend Warne QD rings for the Tikka receiver. It comes with the recoil pin that fits in the receiver top. 1" or 30mm.
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
Hey guys I'm working on a some glass and mounts for the new rifle. I'm pretty sure what scope I'm getting but what mounts do you guys prefer for this Tikka? I'm a Talley guy but I'm always looking for a better fit!

Bev: I just stuck Talley Lightweights on mine,,,first time on a Tikka, but Ive had nothing but god luck with them on other rifles...
Originally Posted by ingwe

Bev: I just stuck Talley Lightweights on mine,,,first time on a Tikka, but Ive had nothing but god luck with them on other rifles...

That sounds good to me Tom, thanks
I use and recommend Warne QD rings for the Tikka receiver. It comes with the recoil pin that fits in the receiver top. 1" or 30mm.

I've never used Warne before but I've read some positive things about there products. Thanks
I have a pair of T3's with DNR game reaper one piece mounts and they have been rock solid. I'm planning to put a 20MOA rail on this one and have not settled on rings yet.
I am presuming these are SS, or do they come in blued as well?
Guys,

As discussed in the other thread, Whittaker Guns partnered with Tikka for an exclusive run of T3x Lite Stainless rifles in 22-250 with a 1 in 8" twist.

The rifles will be available in right or left hand. Delivery time is expected in 4 months.

You'll have to use the email for price method we utilize for the gun. I won't post the price here as discussed in the other thread.

If you run into any issues, please email us with questions. Use these email addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Well I bought some glass today for my hopefully soon to arrive Tikka. I thought I'd try one of the new GPO's that Doug from cameraland has been writing about for a few months. I'm going to try a 4x12x40 with a plex reticle. It should be all I need for shooting out a couple hundred yards or so.Has anyone else tried one of these scopes yet?
I'll be very interested to hear a report on your scope.
I ordered one of these a while back and does anyone remember what the rough timeline was on these?

Thanks
He said 4 months and that was on 3/2.
Patience grasshopper
Eager for this to arrive. First 22-250 in the fold. Like the thinking of 62gr tsx as was mentioned. Or go vanilla 65gr SGK, or long-bodied 75gr scirrocos/others.... Sweet dilemma.

Pending rifle shuffling, going conquest 3-9 #4 in talley lows (16bore flavor), or go full-pimp with victory 2-10x42 #4 in warnes as think the inner wire subtensions are a little finer, and scope been laying around needing work.
Is it to late to get in on this.
Nope. All pre-orders done by June 1st get the free case and magazine. Go back to the first post on this thread and you'll find the links. I tried quoting the first post again, but something went haywire!!
Guys,

As promised, we're providing a Tikka case and a spare mag to everyone that pre-orders the rifle. All pre-orders must be placed on layaway before June 1st, 2017. Originally, I'd suggested we would provide a promo code for pre-orders to receive the mag and case. We found a way to track it without the promo code -- so none needed. 24hourcampfire members have a jump on this exclusive. I've not promoted it anywhere else.

To preorder the rifles, simply click on one of the links below and place the rifle on layaway. As I stated earlier, I won't be keeping email or PM lists to purchase the rifles. That's for your benefit! The pre-order requires a 15% non-refundable deposit. Layaway requires an account set up, but its super simple. We'll need that information anyway once the rifle is ready to ship. This layaway won't expire in 90 days. The rifles won't be here for 120 days, so we're giving you extra time to pay. No monthly emails or reminders, you just log into your account and pay a little here and there. It's as simple as that.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

It worked this time...
62 grain TTSX in stock at outdoorgearbarn.com for those still looking.
They're also available at MidwayUSA. Got two boxes coming.
They are showing up in many places now...Have 5 boxes on the way from Midsouth
Manventure and Cabelas have them in stock also. No longer hens teeth.
Placed an order for one of these last night. Going to mount a SS 10X42, and play around with 75 grain ELD X bullets. May turn into my coyote gun, but for now, we will go ring the steel with it.

I could see this with 62 grain TTSX as a great deer/antelope rifle for a young shooter or recoil sensitive shooter.

I could see this with 62 grain TTSX as a great deer/antelope rifle for a young shooter or recoil sensitive shooter.

Funny that there
SAS,

When are these going to be in stock?

Thanks,

Jerry
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
...I could see this with 62 grain TTSX as a great deer/antelope rifle for a young shooter or recoil sensitive shooter.

I'm neither young nor recoil sensitive but I plan to use the 62 gr TTSX with extreme prejudice on speed goats and white tails in addition to pigs and 'yotes.
and terrorists
Well I joined the crowd and yesterday mailed the deposit on the lefty. I hope Mr. Wolfie shows up in my crosshairs this fall and his pelt will help pay for this new shooter. Verns
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
and terrorists

Roger that...
...I could see this with 62 grain TTSX as a great deer/antelope rifle for a young shooter or recoil sensitive shooter.

I'm neither young nor recoil sensitive but I plan to use the 62 gr TTSX with extreme prejudice on speed goats and white tails in addition to pigs and 'yotes.

Same here Braux!

In Hoc,

ETA Gamma Consul '84-'84
P.S. Emailed Barnes today and suggested They look at this and RAR 8-twist /250 thread & make some VOR-TX factory 62 & 70...
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
SAS,

When are these going to be in stock?

Thanks,

Jerry

We were originally told July and they hadn't changed anything yet, so I'm still expecting them on schedule.
you guys that have these on order NOSLER has ammo on sale for them with the 60 grain partition... with the memorial day sale they are having its around twenty dollars a box for their custom ammo
Originally Posted by gene270
you guys that have these on order NOSLER has ammo on sale for them with the 60 grain partition... with the memorial day sale they are having its around twenty dollars a box for their custom ammo

Have a link Gene?

Searched around but couldn't find that deal.
go to the nosler sight and then the store icon...look for the 22-250 ammo...put it in the cart and the discount is applied
Swift has a 75 grain Scirocco with a BC of .419....This bullet at 31-3200 FPS would be a deer/antelope hammer.

I was pretty set on putting a 10x SS scope on this rifle, but I am thinking a something a little more in the line of a Leupold 4-12x40 CDS....Some pretty good deals online for this scope right now. Sitting in Talleys, scope/rifle right at 7 pounds.
Just made final payment. Getting taux up. Christmas in July!

P.S. Thank you, SAS & Co.!
Like ColdCase said "Christmas in July" and my Birthday is at the end of July!!! YEAH
Don't be shy....it won't last long! First Winchester 22-250 brass we've had in a while....

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1706051138123
The rifles are in transit to the US. Shouldn't be much longer!
Yaaa !
Yahoo - I'm in!

Chanda came thru for me today and fixed a deal that's had my account hamstrung since last fall! She was pretty awesome - AGAIN!
Final Payment made....

Will this particular rifle need to have its bolt stop modified to be able to use the longer magazine for longer vld bullets?
Final Payment made....

Will this particular rifle need to have its bolt stop modified to be able to use the longer magazine for longer vld bullets?

Your not going with 50 grain'rs?
Final Payment made....

Shouldn't need it...
Somebody offer an opinion on how well these rifles might group if you shoot Sierra #1390 (55 gr HPBT ). I have some on hand might try them in a pinch.
EGW Silver 20 MOA rail arrived in mail yesterday.

Can hear Final Jeopardy music playing in my head whilst pondering cut/thread before shooting...

Will QRW mediums give me clearance w 4.5-14x50 Leupold on that base or can I go low?
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
EGW Silver 20 MOA rail arrived in mail yesterday.

Can hear Final Jeopardy music playing in my head whilst pondering cut/thread before shooting...

Will QRW mediums give me clearance w 4.5-14x50 Leupold on that base or can I go low?

I hear ya....I got Mountaian Tactical rail for mine and it will be getting threaded prior to shooting. smile
All depends if my machinist buddy is feeling up to doing it stat! He just had Achilles' tendon surgery a few weeks back.
Anyone gonna punch AI ?
Anyone gonna punch AI ?

It has crossed my mind...
I may have missed Lincoln five times but this sumbitch sure shoots tight.

50gr. V-Max....

[Linked Image]
Already got one? Gotta build my post count! laugh
You all mind sharing what optics your putting on yours? This will be my dedicated LR coyote/wolf rifle (and other LR Varmints) I will also Dial a lot at the range banging steel. I am not sure of the true effective range (between bullets and my shooting skills) but I am thinking a 75 OR 80 grain ELD X should get out to 6-700.

I am not an optics snob, but for this one rifle, I am going to splurge a bit on the scope...Heres a couple options I have looked at so far.....

SWFA SS - 3-9X42
VX5 HD 3-15X44 CDS
Vortex Viper2 - 3-15x44

Pipe Dream - NF NXS 3-15X50...LOL - wife my divorce me if I go this route.
Are they shipping out now?
Are they shipping out now?

No. Travis has a Ruger American 22-250 with an 8" twist...
6X SWFA in Talleywackers

Just ordered a 8 twist 223 from Whittakers last week was going to order the 22-250 as well but I didn't keep up with this thread and missed out on the magazine and case deal. I've already got a T3 Varmint in 22-250 but that nagging little voice in the back of my head is telling me to buy this anyway.
You all mind sharing what optics your putting on yours? This will be my dedicated LR coyote/wolf rifle (and other LR Varmints) I will also Dial a lot at the range banging steel. I am not sure of the true effective range (between bullets and my shooting skills) but I am thinking a 75 OR 80 grain ELD X should get out to 6-700.

I am not an optics snob, but for this one rifle, I am going to splurge a bit on the scope...Heres a couple options I have looked at so far.....

SWFA SS - 3-9X42
VX5 HD 3-15X44 CDS
Vortex Viper2 - 3-15x44

Pipe Dream - NF NXS 3-15X50...LOL - wife my divorce me if I go this route.

Here's my choice for optics!

Well I bought some glass today for my hopefully soon to arrive Tikka. I thought I'd try one of the new GPO's that Doug from cameraland has been writing about for a few months. I'm going to try a 4x12x40 with a plex reticle. It should be all I need for shooting out a couple hundred yards or so.Has anyone else tried one of these scopes yet?
Ordered SWFA 10x MQ yesterday since they were on sale. Going to put them in some Talley lightweight lows and I should be set. Now I just need a set of Redding dies and Lapua brass.
Mine will be getting a 3-9x42 SWFA. I am hoping it lasts longer than my 1-4x24 SWFA that broke after less than 30 shots.
I'm gonna try the vx5 hd 3-15 on mine
SWFA 10x on mine
Sightron Stac 3x16x42 on a Tikka performance rail.
On a budget and using optics currently have, so Leupy 4.5-14 in QRW and swap on a silver H1 Micro for chores around Ranch. Guess I'll just check Objective clearance with the medium QRWs.
I have a Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 standing by for mine

Not sure I needed this rifle but I got in on it because it's actually nice to see companies respond to the customer
Going to need an 8 twist 243 tooo...
I'd buy one in 243 win as well grin
What magazine deal ?

Found it - orders placed by June 1
Originally Posted by mistem
I'd buy one two or three in 243 win as well grin

laugh
Carl.... you know me smile
Any updates on when they will ship? Need to know so I can pay balance. Thanks Kurt

Probably will use a xtra 3 X 9 BDC scope on mine use my old 22-250 ammo if it fits chamber!

Mostly 55 gr loads then with FF brass try some 75 Gr Horn A Max. Sold my old 1 -14 twist Rem 700
would not even shoot 60 Gr NP hit target side ways at 25 yards !
Originally Posted by mistem
I'd buy one in 243 win as well grin

either a .243 or .308 or even a 7mm-08 would work good.

and what about that fancy dancy 6.5 creedmore?

we're talking of catering to the lefties, right?
Oh yesss that would be awsome...But how ta pitch it to the Accountant (WIFE)...grinnn.ScottyO.
BTW I'm gonna mount a VX2 3-9x40 in Tally LWT-LOW...For now til the funds get built back up...Some of U guy's will understand...
Just a little update on where these guns are. The first 25 JRTXB414R8's (LH model) are state side and in transit to the Beretta warehouse. The remaining rifles are on the water in transit to the US and "should be here soon" From my knowledge,I would say we are about 3-4 weeks out! We are getting close! As a reminder, we will fulfill the order on a first come first served basis. Now might be a good time to get your FFL dealer lined up if you haven't already!! If you guys have any questions you can message Darrik or I. ([email protected], or [email protected]). Who would have thought the lefties would have been first?
Thanks BigE
Thanks for posting that...
Getting frustrated w Tikka as I am w NFA Branch! Been more than a year since they got my $200 Form 1.

At this point I want the Tikka maux worser! laugh
Woo Hoo I'm #10 on the list for the first group of Lefty's. I'm way past being ready, bring it on guys!!!!
In typical Beretta fashion, I just received and email that stated that all guns will be shipping next week. Good news for all! Time to get those FFL's lined out, and finish paying them off if you want them shipped ASAP! If you have been waiting for them to arrive before you placed your order, now is the time! Again, let me know if you have any questions! Thanks guys!
How does everyone get whitakers the ffl paper work? Email or what?
When I purchased, I selected an FFL on the Whitaker's site that is in my local area. I'm assuming Whitakers already has the paperwork and information on file. Otherwise, do I need to follow-up?
Devnull- that is correct. If you chose an FFL from our list that means we already have it on file.

msuhunter- The best way to get the info to us is either email ([email protected]) or fax (270-229-9139). What ever is easiest for your dealer!
Eric, Darrik, et al are the real deal eager to please firearms enthusiasts and dealers.
Ha I think I'm #2 and paid in full
I owe a final payment but can't remember how much. I presume I can call and get the final amount?
Log into your account and look at the purchase order. It'll show how much you owe, Braux!
RH are in.
They are starting to ship today
Just got my tracking number can't wait.
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
Just got my tracking number can't wait.

Hopefully I get my tracking number today.
My tracking number came in as well!!! Got my 3-9X42 SWFA ready and waiting!
Mine is on the way as well grin
Guys,

Everything will be shipped by tomorrow that's been paid in full and we have the FFL information...except for the lefties. Beretta gave Eric some bad info and we don't have the left hand rifles yet. They're on the way here though, so it shouldn't be but just a few days.

Another point --- everyone that ordered before June 1st gets a Tikka rifle case and a free magazine. We opened the Tikka box and placed the magazine inside. The case is inside the overbox, so please make sure your dealers give them to you!

I expect to see some pictures! There should be several in you hands by tomorrow.
My tracking number came in about two minutes ago...

Now to find some brass!!
Originally Posted by RJM
My tracking number came in about two minutes ago...

Now to find some brass!!

We have brass. Winchester 100 count bags. I loaded up after this and the Ruger 22-250's...

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1706051138123

You'll get 10% off that price if you use the promo code GRAND.
CR**...saw your offer too late...
I'm on the unlucky list (the lefties) so while I wait I believe I'll load up a few 70 grain Barnes XXX to test with!
Darrik
Thanks for putting this together, appears to have been successful. Out of curiosity how many took advantage of the special offer? Have you another offering on the table? Again thank you.
Charles
Well ain't this a kick in the ass. My gun is out for delivery, my gun shop opens at noon and we are leaving on vacation this morning.
Guys,

Everything will be shipped by tomorrow that's been paid in full and we have the FFL information...except for the lefties. Beretta gave Eric some bad info and we don't have the left hand rifles yet. They're on the way here though, so it shouldn't be but just a few days.

Another point --- everyone that ordered before June 1st gets a Tikka rifle case and a free magazine. We opened the Tikka box and placed the magazine inside. The case is inside the overbox, so please make sure your dealers give them to you!

I expect to see some pictures! There should be several in you hands by tomorrow.

[quote=shortactionsmoker]Guys

Has everything shipped? I paid for mine in full on 5/17 and my FFL was already setup but I haven't seen a tracking number or anything yet.
Originally Posted by sidepass
Darrik
Thanks for putting this together, appears to have been successful. Out of curiosity how many took advantage of the special offer? Have you another offering on the table? Again thank you.
Charles

We sold well over 100 before June 1st. Orders still come in every day. Local guys have been buying them too.

I have multiple deals in the works. The deal on the table with Barrett will please a bunch of guys on here. I have a conference call on Tuesday to finalize some details. I may start a thread this weekend asking for some input on the Barrett special run.

I'm also looking forward to the next project with Tikka. It'll be next year though. I'm still bending Ruger's ear too.

When manufacturers see successful projects like this ione it opens a bunch of eyes. Sometimes out of the box ideas change mindsets.
[quote=shortactionsmoker]Guys,

Guys

Has everything shipped? I paid for mine in full on 5/17 and my FFL was already setup but I haven't seen a tracking number or anything yet.

I got my tracking today and paid about the same time as you.
Originally Posted by sidepass
Darrik
Charles

We sold well over 100 before June 1st. Orders still come in every day. Local guys have been buying them too.

I have multiple deals in the works. The deal on the table with Barrett will please a bunch of guys on here. I have a conference call on Tuesday to finalize some details. I may start a thread this weekend asking for some input on the Barrett special run.

I'm also looking forward to the next project with Tikka. It'll be next year though. I'm still bending Ruger's ear too.

When manufacturers see successful projects like this ione it opens a bunch of eyes. Sometimes out of the box ideas change mindsets.

Thank you for the work and effort to make this happen.
Hairing8,

I sent you a PM.

As others have said, thank you for putting this together. As a leftie, it's not common to find someone who's willing to go the extra mile for customers and I really appreciate your efforts.

As others have said, thank you for putting this together. As a leftie, it's not common to find someone who's willing to go the extra mile for customers and I really appreciate your efforts.

I agree with OSU, Thank you Darrik for your efforts. I'll be glad when the lefties ship!

Again Darrik thanks for your work and putting all this together.

Anything in the 6mm Creed a possibilty?
I picked my Rifle up this morning... Thank You bye the way..
The guy at the FFL seemed a little unhappy about the transfer instead of a purchase. He got on his computer and looked up a tikka 22-250 then asked me what I paid for it. I showed him my receipt and he said... [bleep].. I cant touch that price... Then I showed him the case, spare Mag and told him it was a 1:8 twist.. He congratulated me and told me I "Did Good"...

My Rail, Rings and Scirroccos should arrive later today. We need to start posting pics of some rifles as they get set-up...

Thank You again..

Dan
Checked WG website and order status is "Shipping", but no email tracking notice yet.

This time next week I'll be heading to the Gulf!

Best,

Whining in the 'Boro

P.S.

Cain't hardly Wait! laugh
[Linked Image]

First pic!!

Ready To shoot and I leave for Vacation in about 3 hours... Dangit!
Just got mine. 80 grain ELDs are next.
Mine is in route, should be here Thursday. Also ordered a VX3i 4.5x14, and a set of Talley lows on the grand opening promo. If I'm lucky they will be here by Friday.
[Linked Image]
Man, that looks good George.
Ok just got off the horn with Barnes
Here is some load data for 62 gr TTSX

Varget. 32.9---35 gr 3500fps

IMR 4064 31.5---35gr. 3544fps

H4895. 31.9---34gr. 3564fps

That looks pretty danged good. Can't imagine deer would like them much.

They don't I have a .22-250 AI and shoot the 62gr TTSX deer go flop

They don't I have a .22-250 AI and shoot the 62gr TTSX deer go flop

It's funny, but I used to take a lot of deer from the orchards where I'm from in NY.. used to sit on top of apple crates a with an old heavy barreled 22-250 Savage and the Speer 52 grain HP.

If it wasn't for the internet I would have never learned how much it stunk at killing deer whistle
Just saw "the label was created" email with tracking number arrived at 1:39 Central.

Hoping I get to fondle it before I go on vacation for a week.

Quite excited this rascal will soon be shipped.

Thanks again, Darrik and Eric!
I like the new design changes in this new Tikka.

First order of business was to tweak the trigger pull and test it.

6 out of 6 times it came out very consistent at just a hair under 2.5 lbs.

Crisp too.

Nice pull, but with a 22 caliber rifle like this I prefer something just under 2 lbs.

It'll work though.
I got a box of 62 grain sciroccos and am going to load them for mine when I get a chance. Anybody shoot these in their 22-250s before?
Picked mine up yesterday...complete with case and extra magazine...now to get a scope on it.... Brass should be in this week...

Bob
Just got mine. 80 grain ELDs are next.

My Shilen/Mohawk 8 twist .22-250 prefers 80 gr. VLD's. I need to get some 80 gr. ELD's to try.

I've heard the ELD is a tougher bullet than the VLD.

Would like more info on that regarding performance on game.

DF

edited to add, it also does pretty will with 75 SSII.

The magazine for this Tikka is 2.80. ......That is a good thing.

This Tikka has a short throat. ..... That is not a good thing for longer 22 cal. bullets.

I checked out a few different bullets with a modified case to seat bullets into the throat.

Nosler 70 gr. RDF @ 2.55
Swift 75 gr. @ 2.51
Horn 73 ELD @ 2.56

You have to seat the Swift and Horn well into the case taking up some powder space. You can't seat them out.

The Nosler seats nicely, the base of this bullet at the bottom of the neck and that is the bullet I am going to focus on for this rifle.

I have no interest in shooting 55 grain bullets in this rifle, that is not why I bought a 1/8 twist.

Before I would pre-order or buy a Tikka in 6.5 CM I would want to know how the longer VLD's will fit its throat.

62gr TTSX kissing is 2.50 I'm good with it
Here is some data I've worked up.

Cartridge Case Manufacture Case Length Case Volume
New, NK Remington 1.903 44.200
New, NK Winchester 1.903 43.600

Berger 80.5 Gr # 22427 Max 2.580
Sierra 77 Gr 9377T Max 2.490
Sierra 80 GR 9390T Max 2.640
Hornady 75 BTHP #2279 Max 2.500
Barnes 62 TTSX 30188 Max 2.510

This will be my area of focus, too. Got the call today that my lefty was shipping. Yabba dabba dooooo!!

This will be my area of focus, too. Got the call today that my lefty was shipping. Yabba dabba dooooo!!

I did as well, bring it on I'm ready!!
Anybody tried the inexpensive LW JHP loads some manufacturers are doing in bulk boxes through an 8-twist? Be nice if they worked for general vermin blasters.
My 22-250 is here as well...though it's getting shelved till this winter...it's hunting season and ain't nobody got time for that!! wink

Before I would pre-order or buy a Tikka in 6.5 CM I would want to know how the longer VLD's will fit its throat.

Tikka is already producing a 6.5 in the CTR. So those measurements are out there. I have one, but hadn't done anything with Berger bullets (and honestly don't plan on it) because it shoots the Hornady 140, 143 and 147 so accurately. I'm getting 10 shot groups under an inch with the factory 140ELD-M load -- some under 1/2".

I see the same results from my buddies and all over the Internet. I wouldn't worry too much about their reamer specs given the actual field results of their current 6.5 Creedmoor's.

Tikka is already producing a 6.5 in the CTR. So those measurements are out there. I have one, but hadn't done anything with Berger bullets (and honestly don't plan on it) because it shoots the Hornady 140, 143 and 147 so accurately. I'm getting 10 shot groups under an inch with the factory 140ELD-M load -- some under 1/2".

I see the same results from my buddies and all over the Internet. I wouldn't worry too much about their reamer specs given the actual field results of their current 6.5 Creedmoor's.
A 6.5 CTR, IMO, would be about model perfect for a pronghorn rifle! The more and more I keep hearing/reading about the Creedmoor, I sorta lament getting in on the 260.
Can we start a load thread that everyone found as a pet load? I'm going to try 75 AMAX in mine with Lapua cases and CCI 200s. I might also try the Nosler 64 BSB for a deer load.
Just prepped mine to shoot tomorrow...

Burris steel bases
Leupold 30mm QRW rings
Leupold VX-III 4.5-14 Longerange with VH reticle
Diamond lapped the barrel
...now a question for you Tikka shooters.

I have an identical .223 that I got from Mackay Sagebrush...it is very accurate to say the least... I just noticed that the new .22-250 is not freefloated. Upon taking off the stock there is a reinforcing support that is touching the barrel about 4" in front of the front action screw... Just checked the .223 and it is just the same as apparently Mackay didn't freefloat the barrel when he had it...

Do you Tikka shooters freefloat the support or leave it as is?

Loads made up:
Federal case
CCI LR BR primer
W-748 powder
75 grain Hornady HP-BT
65 grain Sierra SP-BT

Thanks...Bob
Can we start a load thread that everyone found as a pet load? I'm going to try 75 AMAX in mine with Lapua cases and CCI 200s. I might also try the Nosler 64 BSB for a deer load.

That is a great idea!!

That is a great idea!!

I started one here.
Does anyone know if the 8twist barrel will stabilize the 80 grain Hornady ELDX? I have 75 grain hornadys and swift bullets that i planned to practice with and develop a hunting load with, but the 80 grain ELD X really has me intrigued.
Does anyone know if the 8twist barrel will stabilize the 80 grain Hornady ELDX? I have 75 grain hornadys and swift bullets that i planned to practice with and develop a hunting load with, but the 80 grain ELD X really has me intrigued.

I'm going to give them a whirl in mine.
Two range sessions. So far I'm enjoying the rifle.

1st Range Session

Lapua Brass
CCI200 Primer
Sierra 69 grain Matchking
IMR4350
Powder charge / Group Size (4 shots)
34.6 / .77
34.9 / .76
35.2 / .65
35.7 / .38
36.2 / .93

2nd Range Session

Lapua Brass (once fired & neck sized with Lee Collet Die)
CCI200 Primer
Sierra 69 grain Matchking
IMR4350
Powder charge / 4 shot group size / avg speed
35.4 / .33 / 2969
35.7 / .75 / 3032
36 / .55 / no readings

Lapua Brass (once fired & neck sized with Lee Collet Die)
CCI200 Primer
Barnes 62 grain TTSX
IMR4064
Powder charge / 4 shot group size / avg speed
33.5 / .98 / 3359
34 / .55 / 3395
34.5 / .21 / 3420
35 / .74 / no readings

Tried the Barnes TTSX with Varget. Results were poor in my rifle. Group sizes were 1 - 1.7".
Great groups. I'ma try Varget because I've several pounds, but 4064 load three looks audacious!

Finally picked mine up from favorite pawnshop yesterday, hoping to get pic rail cinched on today and shoot some factory stuff this weekend.

Great groups. I'ma try Varget because I've several pounds, but 4064 load three looks audacious!

That's only one test with the TTSX, so I'm sure that the .21 group with 4064 is not going to be the norm. However, the rifle is shooting good, so I'm sure I can find a consistent .75 load between 34-35gr. This is my first 22-250, so I'm looking forward to trying that TTSX out on a whitetail.
Waiting on rings at this time. All you Tikka fans, any of you trading out the synthetic bottom " metal" for real metal? What other changes might you be making? On mine the magazine ingagement is less than confidence inspiring but willing to deal with it until I have problems in the field.
Heading out in the morning before work...will be shooting 75 scirocco with w760, cci 200, win brass, with charges of 35,36,36.5,37,37.5,38
Heading out in the morning before work...will be shooting 75 scirocco with w760, cci 200, win brass, with charges of 35,36,36.5,37,37.5,38

I have some 75 Sciroccos loaded up as well. 36.6g of RL-17 at lengths of 2.510, 2.460, 2.30 and 2.405... see how far they want to jump.. How long are yours loaded?

My length to lands is 2.515"
gt50, what was the OAL of the 62 TTSX?

Thanks Tom
gt50, what was the OAL of the 62 TTSX?

Thanks Tom

OAL for the 62 TTSX was 2.500
It's the weekend and may not even get to put optic on rifle thanks to Cannon electronic gun safe. The EGW pic rail is in safe; rifle is outside.

The battery got weak or something else happened while I was gone last week. Tech told me to replace battery and keypad was still screwy. Got the best possible Eveready and same result.

What freaking good is having it plugged in to AC socket if it doesn't permit function?

Waiting to hear back now.
What happen with the safe issue
Cannon sent new keypad and lock. Local 'smith installed for low fee. Hoping get scope on tikka this weekend.

P.S. 'Smith told me interesting stuff I'd not heard: Cannon safes are all same housing for locks. For $150 Cannon will send me combination dial and he'll instal for $25. Saving up!

A Heads Up===> 22-250 Brass

For those in the northwest, I was told that BiMart Stores are closing out their Winchester Brass (replacing the line with Hornady Brass).

They have several calibers (I saw 30-06, 243, .223, etc.) but of note on this thread was the 22-250 Brass.

I paid $24.97 for a bag of 100

Jerry
Well, had to improvise when I found the 30mm QRW Mediums I had were a skosh too short for the 4.5-14x50mm AO to work.

So popped the silver H1 off my M'tucky and slapped it onto the EGW pic rail. Took a few shots to get it close at 25, then punched three 55-grain Rem CLs into 1.2 inches at 100 yards on a B8 center.

The astigmatism in the right eye looks the 2 MOA dot look like same size as B8 so more than happy with that group.

Clicked it down to 1-in. high and zapped steel and gallon jugs offhand at 100.

That is MOA for Ranch traipsing til November. QRW Highs in pipeline along with 62 TTSX laugh
The throats on mine seems to be crazy short I am having some issues finding a coal with the nosler 70 rdf. So far the bolt close at 2.4 is extremely stiff
Ok need a load for 75 Gr H A Max please.
Anyone try the 63 gr sierra smp gameking ?
Tryng 34 GR H380 wonder how fast ?
22-250 LH Tikka Minox 3 X 9 BDC scope, Talley LW Rings

WW Cases, CCI Std Primer, 75 GR Horn A Max

36.5 GR RL 17, 3164 FPS , 4 @ 1.3"

37 GR RL 17, 3253 FPS, 4 @ 1"

37.5 GR RL 17, 3292 FPS, 4 @ 2.85"

37.9 GR RL 17, 3322 FPS, 3 @ .58" 4 @ 1.72" all at 100 yards , Fog in and out ,so need to re shoot.
Yahoo - got mine paid off, finally!

Any recommendations on a factory load for testing? Looking at Midway's offerings, nothing really stands out. Something known to be universally fairly accurate? My reloading has been hit and miss { whistle} and like to get a baseline of sorts before diving in.
Finally got around to getting a few rounds twisted together and hit the range
62 gr TTSX 34gr H4895 F210M COL 2.460
Shot 3 at 50 yds and dialed her in and then moved to 100 yds

1st 3 shots at 100 yds
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Next time out I'll bring the chrony and check speed but I'm calling it good at this
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker

A Heads Up===> 22-250 Brass

For those in the northwest, I was told that BiMart Stores are closing out their Winchester Brass (replacing the line with Hornady Brass).

They have several calibers (I saw 30-06, 243, .223, etc.) but of note on this thread was the 22-250 Brass.

I paid $24.97 for a bag of 100

Jerry

Cool. Going through Oregon today and remembered this and scored three bags in Medford! Thanks.
Picked it up today and surprised to find a case and extra magazine! Thanks SAS! The Whittaker folks handled an FFL change smooth and easy via email. Tikka smooth.
Thanks to Darrik and Whittaker's!!! After trying 80 gr a max, 77 Sierra tmk, and 75 a max bullets all of which hit the target sideways I measured the twist and found my rifle had a 12" twist barrel even though it's marked 8 twist. I emailed Darrik and within 15 minutes he replied and said a replacement would be on its way! I thought for sure I'd be waiting for my rifle to take a boat ride back and forth to Finland to have the barrel replaced. I think Darrik and Whittaker's went above and beyond in customer service even sending a free return shipping label! Buy from them with confidence.
Wow that's crazy on Tikka but kudos to Darrick and Whittakers
Originally Posted by badwolf
Thanks to Darrik and Whittaker's!!! After trying 80 gr a max, 77 Sierra tmk, and 75 a max bullets all of which hit the target sideways I measured the twist and found my rifle had a 12" twist barrel even though it's marked 8 twist. I emailed Darrik and within 15 minutes he replied and said a replacement would be on its way! I thought for sure I'd be waiting for my rifle to take a boat ride back and forth to Finland to have the barrel replaced. I think Darrik and Whittaker's went above and beyond in customer service even sending a free return shipping label! Buy from them with confidence.

Good to know...I will def measure mine prior to shooting it or getting the barrel threaded. Thanks for the heads up.

Good to know...I will def measure mine prior to shooting it or getting the barrel threaded. Thanks for the heads up.

How far ya gonna trim it before threading, A.L.?

How far ya gonna trim it before threading, A.L.?

As little as possible.
Tightened action screws and shot the LH 22-250, Tikka again best loads , so far are. 4 shots 100 yards.

WW case , CCI 200 primer, 75 GR Horn A Max, 37.5 GR RL 17 ,4 @ .77". Last time I chrono,ed load 3292 FPS

WW case , CCI 200 primer, 75 GR Horn A Max , 36.5 GR H 4350, 4 @ .86"

What is the purpose of the stock screw between front action screw and front sling swivel? Is it to adjust barrel
tension? Measured my twist and its around 1-8.
Looking great. Any chance of checking velocity with these?

Originally Posted by kk alaska
Tightened action screws and shot the LH 22-250, Tikka again best loads , so far are. 4 shots 100 yards.

WW case , CCI 200 primer, 75 GR Horn A Max, 37.5 GR RL 17 ,4 @ .77".

WW case , CCI 200 primer, 75 GR Horn A Max , 36.5 GR H 4350, 4 @ .86"

What is the purpose of the stock screw between front action screw and front sling swivel? Is it to adjust barrel
tension? Measured my twist and its around 1-8.
Six 1.5+" 3-shot trifectas with PRVI 55 gr SP.

Have not found great accuracy with most 55 gr loads in several 22-250,s.
Was hoping to luck out at $12/box! Minute of dink for a ways though. Lol

Have the goods to duplicate your loads above, eventually. Keep the reports coming.
I've had same luck with Rem 55 CLs. Think we got some 50 gr VMax in larder somewhere. But if I zap one at woods range it'll work fine.

Ain't had time to load any 62 grain TTSX yet...
I finally got around to putting a scope and sighting this thing in. Only got it end of July so it took an honest 3.5 months to get around to it.

Anyways I put a Bushnell 3-12 LRHS on it and 2 shots to get it sighted in and then stacked the remaining 8 rounds in the magazine into less than 3/4" with crappy UMC ammo. Looking forward to loading up some 75 ELDs and seeing if it likes them.

So far so good. What a hoot to shoot for sure:

[Linked Image]
It works! 55 SP PRVI into the lungs. The carnage ended at the off side hide. 165 yards. It's a full size rifle, not deer. LOL

[Linked Image]
Definitely a vealer.
Originally Posted by 260madman
Definitely a vealer.

Tasty, alfalfa fed. Kid and I ate the heart that night, tenderloins the next day and liver the next. Have fired it 21 times now and super happy with it.
Picked up two boxes of Federal Premium 60 grain Nosler Partition. They shot 1.5 MOA at 100 yards, good enough for deer.

Average velocity 3419 fps.
Where's all the dead critters from these little rifles Men?

I wanted to see some 62 gr TTSX exit wounds, and am thinking about buying myself one for Christmas.
You heard gunner...let's see em!!

I have one but have not worked up a load with it yet, played with the 62TTSX a little and it's showing promise but not fooled with it enough.

I just can't put down my 6.5 Creedmoor and the fact that my shot house is facing a 600yd field. Maybe when I get a great load worked up for it I'll take it for shorter shots.
That's right Coachwink, I've been wondering about the best rings for this rifle, plus, I found an extra matte 3.5-10 and have known about a matte 4.5-14 Leupold spare scope for this gun, wonderd which one of those might be best, for the size of game, and range I'd BG hunt with a 22-250, bet the 3.5-10 would be plenty.
I don’t know how to post pictures or I would post my first kill
I'm in the same boat Brian, no pics for proof here, but I do enjoy studying them.
That's right Coachwink, I've been wondering about the best rings for this rifle, plus, I found an extra matte 3.5-10 and have known about a matte 4.5-14 Leupold spare scope for this gun, wonderd which one of those might be best, for the size of game, and range I'd BG hunt with a 22-250, bet the 3.5-10 would be plenty.

I have a fixed 10X SWFA. on mine in Talley Lightweights.

Darrik has someone making the modified Talley's for the Tikka might want check them out at Whittakers.
Thanks for the tip Coach.
Ok real world results 62 gr TTSX 50 yd shot bang flop this morning

[Linked Image]

Exit

[Linked Image]
Looks like it overpenetrated....
Good going Dan, no wasted meat with that kill. cool
Where's all the dead critters from these little rifles Men?

I wanted to see some 62 gr TTSX exit wounds, and am thinking about buying myself one for Christmas.

I have no 62 TTSX exit wounds but I smoked a couple large pigs with 75 grain swift Scirocco II's last week. Unfortunately no bullets recovered.
I didn't have a camera for the first one but it was similar in size to this one. I shot both around 150 yards. One behind the shoulder that ran about 50 yards and this one in the neck. He piled up.
I was shocked to find exit wounds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I do not have the sciroccos driving tacks yet, but I can't screw up a group with t he 77 tipped sierra matchkings.

[Linked Image]
I spoke with Bill Hober of Swift bullets when trying to find a good load for my Tikka. He explained to me that the Scirocco is meant to leave two holes. I'm anxious to try them out.
I spoke with Bill Hober of Swift bullets when trying to find a good load for my Tikka. He explained to me that the Scirocco is meant to leave two holes. I'm anxious to try them out.

Did he tell you anything that would assist with getting them to shoot tiny groups?
I think they are great "on game", but I have a hard time getting the best accuracy.
Load data per Bill Hober (CEO of Swift Bullets):

75 gr Scirocco II (SAAMI Length: 2.350")
Recommended to try loading at 2.330 if no way to measure ogive.
Recommended to load .050 off of the lands if you can measure ogive.

Tested in a 24" 1/8 twist .22-250:

H414: Max - 38.3 gr (3442 fps) - 96% load density
Varget: Max - 33.3 gr (3390 fps) - 84%
RL-17: Max - 37.2 gr (3440 fps) - 93%
IMR4895: Max - 33.8 gr (3407 fps) - 85%

Recommended to start loads at 2 grains below max and work up in .4 gr increments.
I did shoot the head off of a ruff grouse at 40 yds .Do I get a prize ?Oh I bet I need the PICTURE
Hell of a deal 2506AI, good shooting, pics like these are helping a lot, I'm trying hard to like one of these rifles, great news on the exits too.

devnull, Thanks for the load data. smile
Tag
have any of you guys ever shot any 40 to 50 grainers in this twist and cAliber?
Originally Posted by 79inpa
have any of you guys ever shot any 40 to 50 grainers in this twist and cAliber?

I shot a few to get my rifle on paper..
It shot 50 grain vmax VERY well..

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ka-22-250-8-twist-pet-loads#Post12197879
Good to know. My 8 twist ar will also shoot 50 v max and ballistic tips. I was wondering how the extra velocity would affect the lighter bullets.
Originally Posted by deflave
I may have missed Lincoln five times but this sumbitch sure shoots tight.

50gr. V-Max....

[Linked Image]

have you experimented with a lot of other bullets in your American?
what is the expected barrel life of a 22 250?
I have pics of a recovered 62 gr TTSX from a buck last month. Having hell getting pics to post.

Bill
what is the expected barrel life of a 22 250?

I got 2500 out of my last one before it started losing its edge...
2500 is a lot of shooting.
what do these weigh?
Have all the 1/8 twist 22-250s been sold? I tried to reach Shortactionsmoker but I get a response that his box is full or over the limit or something like that.
Originally Posted by hanco
2500 is a lot of shooting.

And, that was stunt shooting. May burn barrels faster than normal shooting... shocked

Maybe?... grin

DF
79, My current .22-250 has about 2600 rounds through it..It is on its 3rd barrel.. The AI has about the same.. Both are still very accurate.. The 22-250's 2nd barrel went 4400 rounds before it gave it up,. But I was shooting it at prairie dogs..
Mine are all 1-14 twists..
To me, 8 twist is another world. If you're just shooting varmints with light bullets, 14 is OK.

For 75's and 80's, the 8 is pretty amazing. So are those high B.C. bullets.

DF
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Have all the 1/8 twist 22-250s been sold? I tried to reach Shortactionsmoker but I get a response that his box is full or over the limit or something like that.
Have you thought about checking Whittaker's website? Or was that too much of a stretch?

CLICK D LINK: 114 RH VERSIONS IN STOCK
CLICK D LINK: 30 LH VERSIONS IN STOCK
what do these weigh?

Gun, scope (30mm tube) and DNZ mount, 7lbs. 10oz
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Have you thought about checking Whittaker's website? Or was that too much of a stretch?

CLICK D LINK: 114 RH VERSIONS IN STOCK
CLICK D LINK: 30 LH VERSIONS IN STOCK

Still the same. Come on - somebody buy one!
what do these weigh?

what type of scope?
what do these weigh?

what type of scope?

Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS