Home
Folks,

Looking for suggestions on high quality factory offerings for tracking wounded black bear. Not worried about aggressiveness or man eating qualities of a black bear, but these follow ups are in incredibly thick forest, so I want to ensure penetration and portability is the utmost priority of this rifle.

Short barrel is preferred, I’ll scope the cut but will not get carried away. I still want it to be able to be used at standard hunting ranges, 300yds or less in event I am feeling shifty and choose to use said rifle..

Initially thought .375H&H but I am really struggling finding anything less then 8lbs plus...yes I completely understand physics and the lighter the rifle the more it recoils...etc.

Ruger has an offering I think called the guide gun, but only is offered in the .375 Ruger- I like brass availability, ammo etc. I do handload but want some
Offerings at my disposal for decent factory loads...700NE is out, sorry!

Didn’t I mention I prefer stainless?

Thanks guys,

MK
Get a Ruger in 450BM, load it with 300gr XTPs and top it with a 1-4x scope.
Kimber Talkeetna and cut the bbl back until you're happy.
Marlin Guide Gun in 45/70.
Remington 760 or 7600 35 Whelen.
Barrett Fieldcraft 18-in. 6.5 Creed, Barnes factory 127 LRX, 20 MOS Pic rail, scope of choice in QR mount and Aimpoint in same (in pack of pocket) if you must go in thick stuff to follow up.

Unless you're azz shooting some gigantic NC black bear that load will leave two holes leaking blood.

Such a rig will do all you require with aplomb.

ETA: I've had a 270 grain .375 H&H tumble after clipping a branch before hitting a buck at 65 yards in the Swamp. A follow-up shot through the lungs ended the affray, after which it ran 40+ yards...
Remington M7600 in .30-06 or 35 Whelen.
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Barrett Fieldcraft 18-in. 6.5 Creed, Barnes factory 127 LRX, 20 MOS Pic rail, scope of choice in QR mount and Aimpoint in same (in pack of pocket) if you must go in thick stuff to follow up.

Unless you're azz shooting some gigantic NC black bear that load will leave two holes leaking blood.

Such a rig will do all you require with aplomb.

ETA: I've had a 270 grain .375 H&H tumble after clipping a branch before hitting a buck at 65 yards in the Swamp. A follow-up shot through the lungs ended the affray, after which it ran 40+ yards...

ColdCase, the largest spring bear we took last year was 460lbs....the country is ugly, the further from the road the bears go, the worse off life gets. Very swampy, wet, thick territory, and sadly I usually have to follow up on an average of 6-8 bears per season. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t had to shoot the azz of large black bear, but was last case scenario, and it most certainly worked And exited through the lower chest with a 500gr Barnes in a .45-70. As one could imagine you could nearly see the bullet in flight, not likely good for 300yds....Granted there are other options in projectiles

Talkeetna was on my short list, as was a whelen of sorts...Guide gun is intriguing, but I’m not sure I’m the right marksman for lobbing a .45-70 to 300yds..Unlikely most of the time, but we do hunt a few clear cuts.

MK
No flys on the 375 Ruger......ammo included.......
I would get a Marlin 45-70 or an AR15 in 458 SOCOM
A .375 of any persuasion other than a 375 Winchester will be a handful with 20-inch barrel on a somewhat light carry rifle. Since the probability of life and death are not really in the mix, I would look to utilize a .30, .33, or .35 on a short action with 20-inch barrel. Heavy for caliber bullets for thick woods work 180 gr, 190 gr, 200 gr, 210 gr, 225 gr 250 gr, 270 gr, 286 gr or 300 gr depending on choice. Any of the 308 Win based cartridges (338 Fed, 358 Win), including the 308 Win would be pretty good choices for your described needs. The same could be said for utilizing a std long action such as 30-06, 8mm Mauser, 338-06, 35 Whelen or 9.3x62 Mauser or perhaps the 376 Steyr with short barrel and light scope. Penetration at distances on game is a matter of picking the right bullet for the job and has little to do with the cartridge at hand. There are several off-the-shelf new and used non-magnum rifles that are available in stainless short barreled action configurations that would meet your specs.
Ruger M77RSI in 30-06. Has 18.5" barrel & CRF. They weigh 6 pounds and about 12 ounces, Replace the rear folding sight with an express blade and use 180 grain Nosler partition loads. Short, light and potent. RJ
Any suggestion of .45-70 or similar ignores the man's request for a rifle to go 300 yards. I'd say take your pick of either 35 Whelen or 9.3x62, with my bias being for the 9.3. With 286 partitions it will kill any black bear from any angle you encounter and will stretch to 300 with either 286s or 250s. You can have any '06 based round rifle made into a 35 or 9.3 by JES. Many threads on here about it.
Originally Posted by MK257
Folks,

Looking for suggestions on high quality factory offerings for tracking wounded black bear. Not worried about aggressiveness or man eating qualities of a black bear, but these follow ups are in incredibly thick forest, so I want to ensure penetration and portability is the utmost priority of this rifle.

Short barrel is preferred, I’ll scope the cut but will not get carried away. I still want it to be able to be used at standard hunting ranges, 300yds or less in event I am feeling shifty and choose to use said rifle..

Initially thought .375H&H but I am really struggling finding anything less then 8lbs plus...yes I completely understand physics and the lighter the rifle the more it recoils...etc.

Ruger has an offering I think called the guide gun, but only is offered in the .375 Ruger- I like brass availability, ammo etc. I do handload but want some

Thanks guys,

MK

Have seen 'em shot with a myriad of chambering/bullets and it's my door that gets the knock,or my phone the ring...for mopping schit up. Light done right has no equal and bullets are better Today,than they've ever been. I've as much faith in a 7-08,as I do anything else and it'd be a Fieldcraft stoked with 180's for me. Have seen a Montucky 7 Whizzum stoked with various 162's,do rather nice thangs as well,both on the front of Splendid Beasties,as well as the stern.

If it doesn't balance/handle well,speed and ease of use go out the door. If it ain't fun to shoot and shot a bunch,speed and ease of use go out the door. It'd be a modest chambering,with a modest spout,shooting a Skookum bullet,that would see lotsa use/Utility and be a Faith Builder. I prolly have lotsa them.(grin)

Hint.........................
I do have a stainless coated rifle that’s unfired in .300 win mag...I considered lopping the barrel down to 20” and loading 200gr bullets in it for just this occasion..thoughts? Thinking a 200gr partition, tsx, or harder would be disastrous in terms of penetration on chitty angles..
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Folks,

Thanks guys,

MK

Have seen 'em shot with a myriad of chambering/bullets and it's my door that gets the knock,or my phone the ring...for mopping schit up. Light done right has no equal and bullets are better Today,than they've ever been. I've as much faith in a 7-08,as I do anything else and it'd be a Fieldcraft stoked with 180's for me. Have seen a Montucky 7 Whizzum stoked with various 162's,do rather nice thangs as well,both on the front of Splendid Beasties,as well as the stern.

If it doesn't balance/handle well,speed and ease of use go out the door. If it ain't fun to shoot and shot a bunch,speed and ease of use go out the door. It'd be a modest chambering,with a modest spout,shooting a Skookum bullet,that would see lotsa use/Utility and be a Faith Builder. I prolly have lotsa them.(grin)

Hint.........................

Stick- I couldn’t agree more. See my last post, said rifle is of a perfect balance for what a I like, just not quite light enough for what i am thinking..Cutting tube 5” should gain me the balance I want. Or ditch and rebuy is where I am at..was considering a Fieldcraft in a threaded .308...light, short...you get it. Agree on the bullets...
If its up close and personal........

[Linked Image]

Here's the combo I carry!

the G20 SF gives one 16 friends to back him up if he gets jammed up,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and it's hard to argue with the effectiveness of a 12 ga. shotgun loaded with 6 rounds of 3" #00 Buck

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

but then, come to think of it, neither are of much good for being in a thicket where one can have a 300 yd shot!

ya!

GWB
I'd wayyyyyyyyy rather drive a 7-08...than a 300 in ANY fhuqking flavor(Whizzum,Winny,Roy,H&H,etc,etc.,)f only because I've got/shot lots of both.

FC's come 18" and threaded,if that's your jam. A 20" 300Winny wouldn't be ANY fun to "compare" against a FC 7-08,stoked with 180's.

Hint..................(grin)
Agree GW,

The country said game is harvested in will not allow me to carry a pistol, and the shotgun won’t provide me with a daily hunter.

I can’t disagree with your choice or proof!
Agree GW,

The country said game is harvested in will not allow me to carry a pistol, and the shotgun won’t provide me with a daily hunter.

I can’t disagree with your choice or proof!

Bummer!
45-70 in the Guide gun is a great choice in thick stuff, as IMHO a lever gun is faster than a bolt action on follow ups. But you've got quite a bit of hold over to accomplishe at 300 yds with a 400 gr. Speer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Luv my 20" barreled 376 Steyr Pro Hunter with the 235 Gr. Barnes TSX

[Linked Image]

I've not tried it at 300 yds, but do have it zero'd at 200

+/- 3" high at 100 yds

[Linked Image]

A Browning BAR. in. 7 Mag would work. Flat trajectory and quick followups.

[Linked Image]

Good luck on your quest!

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Any suggestion of .45-70 or similar ignores the man's request for a rifle to go 300 yards.

Good point. I missed that when I made my suggestion.
I've yet to see a sound rifle chambered in 45-70...excepting a High Wall and/or the ilk.

Hint................
I've yet to see a sound rifle chambered in 45-70...excepting a High Wall and/or the ilk.

Hint................

Whoda' Thunkit!

[Linked Image]

a 45-70

[Linked Image]

in a High Wall!

[Linked Image]

What will they think of next?

But not exactly short, fast or portable!

Quien Sabe??

GWB

I do have a stainless coated rifle that’s unfired in .300 win mag...I considered lopping the barrel down to 20” and loading 200gr bullets in it for just this occasion..thoughts? Thinking a 200gr partition, tsx, or harder would be disastrous in terms of penetration on chitty angles..

My take is if you have the .300 use it, but it won't be as comfortable to practice with to get proficient enough to make quick snap shots as desired, IMO. Also, not really sure you need to load any special loads other than what you already load. 200's are great in a 300 but if you already have a good 180 load in a good bullet, use it. Bears aren't bullet proof in my experience....

Stick has it right, you don't need tons of horsepower behind the projectile- you just need the right projectile. For your requirements, lots of things would work as long as it's short, shoots heavy bullets for caliber well, and you're comfortable with it.... not necessarily in that order..

Bob
While the High Wall is more sound than a HandiRifle,the 45-70 remains a schit chambering...literally by design.

I've yet to see a sound mounting system,for same.

Hint......................
Sounds like you're guiding, sir.

A 6.5 or 7 mm would work fine ; but so would a short .300 WM. By all means cut that one, run 200 gr. Barnes 200LRX hard as you can. Practice w interchangeable scope/RDS system & lite loads.
Sounds like you're guiding, sir.

A 6.5 or 7 mm would work fine ; but so would a short .300 WM. By all means cut that one, run 200 gr. Barnes 200LRX hard as you can. Practice w interchangeable scope/RDS system & lite loads.

The absolute DUMBEST schit,yet "offered". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cough Silencer,for the win.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
a 20" bolt gun in 308 would suit pretty well, if you really feel the need for a repeater a 7600 cut back to 20" would do pretty well. a decent 180g is plenty for bear. If you want to go a little further from the beaten track a 338 fed, 358 win or 35 whelen would also work pretty well and still get you to 300yds with a touch more bullet weight.
A Trombone Remington is THE reddest of flags,save a Self-Shucking version of same.(grin)

The 7-08 schits mightily,on all of 'em.

Hint......................
If you are looking for 375'ish power in a lighter rifle, find you a 9.3x62. You should be able to find a CZ 550 that will work and get down around your desired weight.
AMAZING,that you Clueless Fhuqks haven't even a first fhuqking inkling,to bullets. Recoil do NOT relate to "results". HINT.

VERY "impressive"!

Congratulations?!?

Wow +P+!..................
I would make a distinction between close work in the brush, and a longer range gun. I have killed a truck load of lions and bears (literally) using a model 94 30 30. It is light,easy to carry, and open sights are best in tight confines. Two examples. A big black bear that was up a tree, decided he didn't like us, or the tree any more. He was mad, and came down fast. I hit him 3 times on the way down, killing him as he reached the bottom. Had a lion that had killed some goats. Turned out he was hiding under a shed that was on skids. When I made eye contact with him, he came directly at me. I shot him in the face at 3 steps, as he came out from underneath the shed. Would have been tough to do with a scope. Open sights rein supreme for this type of work, and a nice 30 caliber bullet doesn't hurt either. When doing grizzly work I prefer a shotgun. They are tough to beat as well. A note, this was the only lion out of dozens that was really agressive, with the intent of chewing on me.
Irons are ALWAYS slower than a dot. Hint. "Reign" is a "tricky" word.

Never have a killed a Black Bear over 7' squared,closer than 7'...and we's nose to nose on Billy Goat Rocks. Hint.

Ruger 77 Tang 25 Twat-six and Reupold 3.5-10x. I was using (1) hand to hang on,the other to shoot and neither blinker had a sight picture through said glass.

Hint.

A certain External Framed Pack,bears the brunt,of the falling mass.

Pun be intended...............
Guys, not reinventing anything here, this is merely just “add something” to the safe with intent for a certain task type deal.

I’m not worried by any means if what a I have can handle the task...Good stuff though- keep it going.

MK
Break it down to mechanics,because only from there,can Reality come to fruition.

Hint..................
Dots are very handy, but they require a battery, which may or may not be a big deal. The iron sights always work. They are able to take more punishment too. I am thinking of the many falls I have taken while chasing lions across frozen mountain sides.
Cite how "many" dots you've drained batteries upon,or "failed" in your pursuits...I mean besides absofhuqkinglutely ZERO. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've broken plenty of Irons.

Hint....................
Actually the battery that we use in the red dot site on our AR to shoot wolves with out of the helicopter went dead a while back. Not sure on the hours of use, but it was dead when we needed it. Doesn't happen much,but batteries are always a factor. That is the only dot that I currently use. It works well for its stated purpose though.
If someone doesn't have a reserve battery taped to a sling or lanyard,they are asking for it. That regardless of LRF,Bino LRF,'Dot or anything else(headlamps,flashlights,anemometer,etc.). Hint.

I've had peep inserts fall out,have bent/busted front sight blades and have had whole rear sight assemblies(fixed and adjustable),fall outta their dovetails.

The latest foray and all are Outdoors now,uncovered and have whethered 3"+ of weather,thus far this pass. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Though battery life is only cited,at 40,000hrs.

Hint....................
As an aside,it's prudent to gun a system,who's battery can be swapped/changed...without loss of zero.

Hint.....................
Yep, we had to reset ours.
My first thought was this rifle, no scope. They are dandies if you can find one.

Remington 600 350 mag
Illuminatti's store a reserve,in a dedicated turret cap...on the portside.

[Linked Image]

I'd GREEDILY take it's Illuminated center and reserve battery,over any/all Irons,whether for Speed or Precision.

[Linked Image]

ALL holster thumbreaks,wear a reserve battery,for Pistoles.

Hint...................
Originally Posted by JeffG818
My first thought was this rifle, no scope. They are dandies if you can find one.

Remington 600 350 mag

They are hard recoiling Dog Schit,with trite mag constraints and a poor optic mounting system. Trigger's suck too and are prone to failure.

BT/DT.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Hint..................
A 20" Ruger Hawkeye in 338 RCM has worked well for me.
I load either 230 CTs or 250 Partitions @2,600. RL16 Being my powder of choice.
Again...a "lowly" 7-08 Fieldcraft CRUSHES same.

Hint...................
'17,Alpha,200's,180 ELD,internal magbox Smooch and 2600fps...ala RUGGED .796BC.

Hint.

For ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the SLOW Pokes.

Laughing!...............
358Winchester w/200gr Speers. powdr
Which rifle? Which mag system? What speed?

LAUGHING!................
The Browning X-Bolt 375 H&H magnum is under 8 pounds. I have one and was shooting it yesterday. With that said I would look for a 9.3x62.

Remington 600 350 mag

They are hard recoiling Dog Schit,with trite mag constraints and a poor optic mounting system. Trigger's suck too and are prone to failure.

BT/DT.

Hint..................

I love the trigger on my Remington 600
Thanks for the George Michael Report...from the Public Schithouse. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................
Originally Posted by moosemike

Remington 600 350 mag

BT/DT.

Hint..................

I love the trigger on my Remington 600

I happily concede your glaring Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.......................
The Browning X-Bolt 375 H&H magnum is under 8 pounds. I have one and was shooting it yesterday. With that said I would look for a 9.3x62.

(For posterity)

Thanks for the George Michael Report...from the Public Schithouse. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

George Michael was pretty good. Until he came out that is.

You were there. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.................

Bless your heart.................

Was I? i couldn't have been very old....
I'll not slight the "ticket" in your hand...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................
Just ignore Big Stick and his puny 7mm-08. Unless you're a woman or a child get yourself a Whelen or a 9.3
Just ignore Big Stick and his puny 7mm-08. Unless you're a woman or a child get yourself a Whelen or a 9.3

Facts and Physics...take MUCH more than swooning Estrogen Levels to "refute". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Feel free to "cite" ballistic and/or mechanical "advantages",as accrued via your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". Mainly,because The RUSE will be fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart,for TRYING soooooooo hard.

One could even consider the 325 WSM and 200 Gr. Accubonds

I've had two in the Kimber Montana iteration,

[Linked Image]

and one Nosler M48 Custom Sporter.

Works pretty good for reaching out and touching stuff!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Might just fit the bill for a rifle that would be somewhat nimble and capable of a 300 yds takedown!

ya!

GWB
It's ok. I realize you're recoil shy. wink

No offense meant MM,

but a 140 gr. Nosler Accubond at 25' or so out of a 7mm-08. ...........

[Linked Image]

kinda' works!

ya!

GWB
I shoot it all and then some and have seen more Bears in the flesh...than your couchbound confines could ever correlate. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to contribute.

Bless your heart.

I shoot it all and then some and have seen more Bears in the flesh...than your couchbound confines could ever correlate. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to contribute.

Bless your heart.

If you ever happen to shoot a man's cartridge, be sure to post the results. I do love your recommendations for the wimmin folk and the kiddies though.
I simply shoot results,only because I've shot/got it all(and then some). Your "life" will NEVER begin to grant you that aptitude,but at least you "get" to Pretend...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!.................

ROR....
She has the T-shirt.

And the mug shot.

Bless her heart.

LAUGHING!...................
A Savage 110 Brush hunter available in .338 Win Mag or .375 Ruger with a 20" barrel and iron sights could fit your needs. Weight of 7.38 lbs or so.

110 BRUSH HUNTER - Adjustable length-of-pull, AccuTrigger, synthetic stock, 20-inch stainless steel barrel threaded with an end cap, Adjustable iron sights, detachable box magazine, Weight Lb 7.38,
Originally Posted by SU35

Bingo!

Originally Posted by Shag
Originally Posted by SU35

Bingo!

Conjoin your "experience:" and "Bingo" rings "different". Hint Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Folks,

Short barrel is preferred, I’ll scope the cut but will not get carried away.

Remington 760 in 30-06 cut to 20" topped with a 1-4 Leupold loaded with 180gr NPs or 220gr RNs.

I put a Williams FP on mine and shoot 180gr RNs,

[Linked Image]
SuperKchunt,

I bet you "use" it a "lot"...as per your Imagination and Pretend. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Bear "killer" you.

Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Originally Posted by Shag

Bingo!

Conjoin your "experience:" and "Bingo" rings "different". Hint Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Bless your heart.

[Linked Image]
Ooooopsie.

[Linked Image]

BINGO!.........................
Ooooopsie.

[Linked Image]

BINGO!.........................

Photoshop?

Which of you two were in the original picture?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Quien Sabe?

GWB
Ooooopsie!.................

[Linked Image]
I like the tape measure effect to insure this isn't a 1/4 scale reloading setup
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Hard to beat this puppy, but I'd load either the Speer 300HC or Hornady 350 round nose. You can easily hit out to 200yds, 300 with practice. I also like the 35 Whelen in the Mod 700 classic, very light., but so is the Mod 700 classic in .375 H&H if you can find one.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

^^^^^^

This, whithout the ported barrel. With medium loads the recoil is easily tolerated, factory loads even more so. Full-power Marlin-level loads, not so much. But factory or medium loads are all that would be needed.

And for plinking fun, 13.5g HS6 under 300g or 350g hardcast. Half the recoil of factory .30-30 ammo. very accurate in my Marlin 1895. Cheap to load. See gmdr.com http://www.gmdr.com/lever/lowveldata.htm for more loads and info. These are some of the most fun loads I shoot.
It's really not that difficult to reach 300. 300 is still "short range". Sight in dead on at 200 and I'd consider a cartridge GTG if you don't have to do more than hold high shoulder at 300. Any cartridge that can do that is basically point-n-shoot from 0 to 250. There are a lot of them.

Something in the .300 Savage class and less ( .30 150 @ 2,500) will reach it with ease. Use a decent bullet like a Barnes mono and you have powder burn ranges covered too.
The 30 Remington AR is/was looking good to me. I just wonder how the guns ran.
Guide Guns wear a schit mechanism,with schit stocks and are an exceedingly POOR trade of recoil,to results. Hint.

Congratulations?!?....................
I've a pard, "Frankenwiener" that got chow on by a decent sized black bear when hunting with a 444 Marlin. Thirty some stitched including 17 on his scroat and unit.

He doesn't pack that marlin for bears any more.

The bear did die.
[/quote]

[Linked Image]

[/quote]

Forgot Bear with hat pic. for the win. Bingo

A Cerakoted Remington 760/7600 carbine in 30-06?
I'm at a loss...because I've never seen a Bear.

Hint.

Sounds like a Sako Black Bear would be perfect
Or not.
Hint.

Laughing!................
Well, if I had to engage in a donnybrook with a Black Bear that someone shot and wounded that I had to trail up, while I wouldn't worry if all I had was a 7-08, I'd damn well feel a lot more comfortable with my .35 Whelen and a stiff load with either the 225 gr. Barnes TSX or 250 gr. Speer or Hornady bullets. But then, to quote Elmer Keith, "I prefer to let every man scratch his own fleas in whatever manner he chooses. I've taken elk out to 350 Yards with my Whelen and the 225 gr. TSX so I know it'll reach out and touch something.
Paul B.
If'n you find yourself in close cover chasin' something that might gnaw on your ankle use the appropriate gun. I like shotguns and buckshot in the swamps. Only ever got blood splatter on my jeans once. If a fella just has to use a rifle, it needs to be a dead nuts reliable repeater. Pumper, lever, auto, it don't matter so long as it is RELIABLE. Ferget about the scope, but I can attest to the fact that a peep with a largish aperture can work, IF the gun fits you like a glove. Ya don't need a ghost ring sight, just something bigger than the average competition aperture. If you don't think you can hit something close and far with such things, take up a job sellin' ladies apparel at Wal-Mart instead.

Williams makes a Twilight aperture that will do the trick. .050" hole in the middle. If you think a .45-70 with such contrivances won't reach out 300 yards effectively....well, hold my beer bubba.

[Linked Image]

I like the Highwall, but it ain't much of a close quarters combat piece. Friend of mine that posts here on occasion usta have a Marlin 1895 CB in .45-70. Dayum, it was an awesome shooter. Would sling 500 grain paper patch into little tiny groups it would. Maybe a guide gun could do it, but I got no use for little short girly barrels. Mebbe you could find one of those old Winchester 88's in .308/.358 and have it nickle plated. At least it would look like stainless. Or seriously cote it with something...

That's all I got, and I'll let you get back to regular programming now.
I dont know anything about shooting bears but I'm sure enjoying reading about it and all the good ideas. Except for this jackass Big Stick guy. Why is he allowed on here? All he does is insult everyone. He sounds a little nutty.
So he said as he stepped upon the land mine......

-snork-
[quote=Big Stick]Ooooopsie.

[Linked Image]

BINGO!.........................[/quote

Photo Shopped as [bleep]! Geezus is that like a 15yr old pic?

Still diggin SU35's suggestion! Will have one ready for Clearwater spring bear season. Bing [bleep] oooooo! woooo!

Nice work on the hogsby the Texan! Looks like a killer time.
Originally Posted by Rogue
I've a pard, "Frankenwiener" that got chow on by a decent sized black bear when hunting with a 444 Marlin. Thirty some stitched including 17 on his scroat and unit.

The bear did die.

We had a local hunter here about 10 maybe 15 years ago that shot a fair size Black bear with his 444 Marlin and he got chewed up too.
Pardon my inability,to wake up Magnificent Critters...that trump your "Life's" BEST efforts.

Hint.

Laughing!...................
Larry you lying stupid sonafabitch, he’s not talking about tracking a bear on a god damn kelp bed/beach.... you stupid ignorant fuuck!!!!...... fuuck I’d use use a red rider BB gun for that shiit.... god you’re a dummy.... hint

Laughing
Them that cain't..."convince" themselves of ALL sorta Lies.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

laughing!...............
Lying fuuck, I’ve seen more bear “snared” than you’ve shot..... should tell you what a “trophy “ they are here!!! Haha

How’s canned bear meat again you bottom feeding low rent fuuck???? Haha
Few things funnier,than a Beer Sale,for THE Insecure...to fuel their copious(that means a fhuqking LOT) Insecurities. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Have never seen more than 27,in a single day.

Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING so hard.

Laughing!..............
Originally Posted by Rogue

The bear did die.

Dick eating bears need to die...😎
Had to slick one up,that took (5) from a Whelen..................
So veddy impressive..... long day on the boat eh??? Haha
If/when you can afford a boat...be sure to talk about same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Speaking of boat, how’s that big glass boat you got fuucked on???? Haha

Better yet, how bout the broke down pile of shiit cooper bout froze to death in you had to get rescued in?? Haha you dumb bastard, I’ve heard a thing or 3..... grin
Oooopsie!................

[Linked Image]
Dig the kelp bed and beach you hard charging couch bound cuunt!!!! Hola!!!
I'm rather at ease in fueling your Imagination,with wares/views wellllll beyond your "means" and "abilities". Pardon the blasse' for me,exceeding your "Life's" "experience".

Hint.

Laughing!....................
It’s gotta be “hard” to see a bear up there!!! Haha
I'm rather gifted,at making lotsa things look "easy". You can always cut to the chase and hang a pic of "your's",if only to quantify same obliviously.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
"Only" (5) in this frame.

[Linked Image]

Pardon the wares,being beyond your "means".

Hint.

Laughing!......................
You hard charging flossing sumbitch!!! Anybody else on the Rez experience that???? Haha
Hang all/every picture you can,to "corroborate" your "thoughts". Hint. LAUGHING!

While "convincing" yourself,that "you could too".

HINT.

They’re fish Larry.... I wouldn’t take a pic of a slimy river slug if I had too!!!.... haha
I bet you "use" it a "lot"...as per your Imagination and Pretend. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Bear "killer" you.

I wouldn't shoot a bear with free ammo.

You can have at'em midget boy. I'm sure all those much repeated bear pics make you feel taller.
SuperKchunt,

I can "only" gun pics,as the days arrive and pardon them Splendors,CRUSHING your reality. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Charging batteries now. Film at 11:00.

Hint.

This is turning into what rifle to use on an desagradable Alaskan? Guess it depends on if wounded first or not. Flame on sirs.
Dammit, Laddy!

You've cut me to the quick!

Ordering couple boxes of Barnes 85-grain TAC-X FB and crammin' enuff VarGay into a 6.8 O'Connor 700 MR to makes 3675 fps for 250 zero (only 2.6 low at 300) and tweak the ol' T1 and azz shoot some local fauna for schitts and giggles...
Your perception,is SOLELY on you and your "experience". Hint.

LAUGHING!..........................
Dammit, Laddy!

Ordering couple boxes of Barnes 85-grain TAC-X FB and crammin' enuff VarGay into a 6.8 O'Connor 700 MR to makes 3675 fps for 250 zero (only 2.6 low at 300) and tweak the ol' T1 and azz shoot some local fauna for schitts and giggles...

grin
Dammit, Laddy!

Dream on. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You've yet to turn a lick...and that constant remains.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................
,I love her ornery was actually! Keep on keepin' on, Braux!
The lying cuunt, what do you use to wipe the slime off those river slugs???? Grin
Don't "forget" how many you "snared" in extrapolation. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Those who "do" as "much" as you...simply HAVE to read along and "convince" themselves they "could too".

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................
Or flossed river slugs!!! Haha
Ooooooopsie!...............

[Linked Image]
Opposie who's the tattooed purple haired snagging booger hog? A new pard??? Lmfao
Those kelp bed beach bears fresh outta hibernation must be a mother fuucker to "track" once wounded and floundering around!!!! Laffin
If/when "you" catch as many fish...be SURE to start a Thread.

Hint.

They're fish, river slugs at that.... why take pics???? Lmfao
Originally Posted by WRPape
I dont know anything about shooting bears but I'm sure enjoying reading about it and all the good ideas. Except for this jackass Big Stick guy. Why is he allowed on here? All he does is insult everyone. He sounds a little nutty.

Hmmm. Didn't take long to figure him out, did it?

His imagination and pretend thinks he has admiration here. But in reality, he is a troll, a mere fart in the wind.
Ken, those kelp beach bears fresh outta hibernation are tough fuuckers!!!! I'm serious!!!
Oooopsie!...........

[Linked Image]
I'm glad he gets to come here and vent. Temporarily takes the abuse away from his family.
Why post someone else's beach bear??? Don't make me ask Craig Martin for a pic of his kelp Fed beach bear to post!!! Google it!!! Haha
Where bouts you live over there shag?
When the dust setttles..the Whining Kchunts wane,simply because they can NOT keep pace.

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Ummmmm but my pard shot this!!! Give me a break you stupid fuuck...
I'm "comfy" in the wares I've shot...which PALE to the wares you've "thought".

Hint....................
I'm "comfy" in the wares I've shot...which PALE to the wares you've "thought".

Hint....................

I would say your more than a bit comfy dodging everything that is really gun, due to the fact all the money in the world could be in your mattress and you are still a white trash POS that can’t answer simple questions.

What mill and lathe does the riches of being sugar tits bring one!
Fredrica,

What camera do you "use".

HINT.

LAUGHING!......................
Don't worry about my wares, I get by quite handily.... if only obviously
Too fhuqking FUNNY!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................
Lotta splendid beasties weren't laughing this year.... hint
Your"attention" is lax and akin to your pay checks.

Hint.

Congratulations?!?.....................
Fredrica,

HINT.

Toldya a Sony vhs camcorder. And when I need to hizoot IPhone 10.
Originally Posted by fredIII
Fredrica,

HINT.

Toldya a Sony vhs camcorder. And when I need to hizoot IPhone 10.

What end mill and lathe you running sugar tits.

Hint.

I get by..... grin

Hint.

Is Alaska a spouse maintenance state grin. You have it all just no one to show except on line kuz no one around you cares.
Read that again and shake your head.
I'd find an older KS in 30.06 or 35 Whelen and feed 200 partition / 225 partition in the respective chamberings.
(if you must, the .375 H&H was also chambered in the KS).

Trimming your 300mag to 20" pretty much equals a very loud-mouthed 30.06. Assuming you won't be wearing hearing protection to sort out a wounded bruin, that's uber-bad for your ears and for anyone else in close proximity.
Originally Posted by Judman
Where bouts you live over there shag?

Lewiston
Copy, love that area.
Yea buddy lovin life here.
Yeah, a 7-08 with a scope is SO HANDY in brush you can’t 3 feet in when whacking a bear bayed up or wounded????? WTF. Seriously some of the dumbest chit I’ve read. Laffin!!!!! Grin???????
P.S. pardon me for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. Laffin.
P.S.S. Whoever put 5 Whelens (which actually do suck azz) and the bear was still thrashing should have been bashed right in the [bleep] before supposedly finishing said bear. Holy hell. LAFFIN AGAIN
Originally Posted by Dreamin
P.S.S. Whoever put 5 Whelens (which actually do suck azz) and the bear was still thrashing should have been bashed right in the [bleep] before supposedly finishing said bear. Holy hell. LAFFIN AGAIN

Why does the Whelen "suck azz"?
Originally Posted by Dreamin

Why does the Whelen "suck azz"?

Nothing more then seeing a bear get hit and not go down and a dog getting hurt on what seemed like should’ve been an ending shot. Probably bullet selection but it just soured me on the round. Should’ve clarified that.
© 24hourcampfire