Home
I'm comparing two calibers shooting the same type of bullet of similar weights, and it's raised some questions for me. Since I don't reload, I've been looking at ELD-X factory offerings from Hornady, the 143 gr out of a 6.5 creed and the 145 out of a 270 Win.

The 6.5 has a higher ballistic coefficient, but the 270 Win has a muzzle velocity (according to Hornady's numbers) of 500 fps more than the 6.5. The difference in velocity narrows as distance increases - that is the effect of the higher BC of the 6.5, right? However, at 500 yards, the bullet from 270 is still 100 fps faster.

Does this mean that 270 will have much more killing power from 0-500 yards? Seems like the 500 fps at the muzzle is a significant difference, but how about the 100 fps at 500 yards? Is 100 fps enough to make a difference?

Does higher BC factor into how the bullet will perform when it actually hits the target?
The 6.5CM might not have a higher b.c. it's partially about comparing b.c data across bullets of same or similar sectional densities. In the example you gave, s.d. is not as close a comparable to then look at other ballistic data. For instance, you can handload the 270 win with 130gr CEB bullets with a .540 b.c and still get 3100+ fps. A lot of .264 bullets of similar sectional density do not have as high a b.c. and of those that do, say, a similar 120 gr CEB bullet, velocities are likely going to be closer to 3000+fps
in the 6.5 CM andd b.c of .500 vs . 540. with the 270 win..

To your question, all else being equal, the better b.c, bullet will eventually compensate for lower velocity over time (distance) versus a higher velocity bullet of lower b.c. .

"Does higher BC factor into how the bullet will perform when it actually hits the target?" in part, yes. the higher b.c bullet might have higher retained energy and may help you have more leeway in guessing wind drift...but most important will be final bullet placement and bullet construction that will determine how it will perform.
More for you to consider.

The 6.5 will be spinning faster with the typical 1 in 8 ROT 6.5 CM and 1 in 10 ROT 270 Win. Does rpm matter on impact with game? It's certainly not going to be less....

Obviously, 500 fps is a lot.

Does recoil matter to you?

Higher bc will drift less, always. No matter the distance.

Prediction. Doesn't make a darned bit of difference on game because bullet placement is what matters.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Prediction. Doesn't make a darned bit of difference on game.

While the 270 Win will have more " killing power", I agree that it likely won't make much if any difference on deer sized game out to most sensible hunting distances if shooting similar s.d bullets of quality construction.
Western Sloper,

You are comparing the same bullet and of the same weight, but quite different in terms of ballistic coeficient, reason by which the 6,5 catches up with the 270 as they both fly further enough.

The 270 makes more noise, recoils about a 35% more and has the potential for a higher killing power. How this shows up while hunting, I am not sure I have noticed it.

Maybe if shooting close enough, when the speed difference is still high, but at the typical shooting distances when stalking, let us say 250-350 yds, I have not noticed it.
I have a 270 and a 260 and use both, with 120 gr Nosler BTs in the 260 and 130 gr Nosler BTs in the 270. All are handloads. Both are very effective on Deer and Hogs, and more and more I find myself reaching for the 260. It’s a smaller and slower bullet, but that doesn’t seem to matter to the critters. And, inside 400 yards, bullet BC just doesn’t matter enough to a hunter to worry about.

As for killing power, I’d certainly rate the 270 higher, but the increase in killing power isn’t needed for deer. If I was specifically hunting a 300 pound hog at distance, I’d take the 270 with me, I suppose.
Drift. Everyone’s a long range sniper and can read gnat farts at 1,200 yards.
Few things fhuqking funnier(as in NOTHING)...than you CLUELESS Fhuqks trying to "talk" rifles. Hint. Congratulations?!?

ALL boolits setting on a shelf,are equal. Read that again and now one more fhuqking time. Hint.

Introduce speed(velocity) to the equation and the changes are DRASTIC. Hint.

Launch speed,isn't impact speed,nor is it a lineal function. Hint.

Droolers love to extoll their STUPIDITY,by trying to "talk" boolits in general and BC in particular. You Fhuqktards cain't connect a single fhuqking dot,nor correlate the relationship of Facts and Physics. Hint.

Boolit mass,is largely moot and what matters most is it's construction and aero form(BC/Ballistic Coefficient),which is simply a numerical designation of a drag function...or simply,how well schit flys in a given atmosphere. Hint.

Hornie cites their .277" 145 ELD-X 270 Win Factory Fodder at 2970fps. It do thusly. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hornie cites their .264" 147 ELD-M in Kreedmire Factory fodder at 2695fps. It do thusly. Hint.

Trajectory is simply Physics and wind is simply VooDoo. Hint.

Note that within the 100yd line,the softer shooting/quieter Kreedmire,boasts the wind advantage and retains it as far as DUMB Fhuqks wish to talk out their asses. Hint.

There is admittedly a "WHOPPING" 285fps launch speed difference,though the Kreedmire surpasses same,not far outta da' gate. "Energy" is equally as fhuqking hilarious. Hint.

Not to steal any "thunder" from STUPID Fhuqks,doing their BEST. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless their hearts for fhuqking trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!..................
Got purty fhuqking QUIET...I "wonder" why?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................
The 143/6.5 bullet has a sectional density of .293. The 145/270 bullet has a sectional density of .270. That means that the 6.5 will penetrate deeper in any game animal at any range assuming equal bullet construction. And since we are comparing the ELD-X in both calibers that is as close as you can get to an apples to apples comparison. Both will penetrate more than enough on deer size game, but if you start hunting larger game the extra penetration is something to consider. A 140 gr 6.5 will match a 180 gr 30 caliber for penetration.

The 270 will shoot flatter at any hunting range. At some point well beyond where hunters will be shooting the 6.5 may be shooting flatter. Both shoot flat enough to hit game animals out to 500 yards. The 270 only has a 1.5" advantage at 300 yards with a 200 yard zero.

The 145/270 has a 270 fps advantage at the muzzle over the 143/6.5 according to Hornady (2970 vs 2700). But nobody kills stuff at the muzzle. The farther you go down range the more the gap closes. By the time you get to 500 yards the 270 only has about 120 fps advantage. Once you get out to around 700 yards the 6.5 will pass the 270. In other words the calibers are close enough (6.8mm vs 6.5mm), the bullet weights are about the same and impact speeds are more than enough at close range with either, and at longer ranges the same or a slight edge to the 6.5. No animal will ever know the difference.

But.....

I will almost guarantee that 9 times out of 10 a 6.5CM will be more accurate than a 270.

In an 8 lb rifle a 6.5 will recoil with about 14 ft lbs of recoil. Not much more than a 243. In an 8 lb rifle a 270 will recoil with about 19 ft lbs recoil. Just a hair less than a 30-06.

And once again...in other words...anyone not shooting 1000 yards and operating in the real world where 1 inch of drop matters not a damn bit...same same and go find something better to wonder about.
The 6.5C is shown pushing the best BC bullet available in 6.5C factory fodder.

Do the same (same pressure) with the .270W, and report findings. Downside is most .270W are not twisted appropriately.

No doubt, the 6.5C was designed correctly from the projectile to the platform.
The velocity of the 270 is more on par with the 6.5 PRC than a Creed at the muzzle using factory ammo. But as it was shown it don’t take long for the 147 to catch up due to it’s slickness. I really like the 147 and it’s done well for me. Haven’t killed with the 145 yet but showed a lot of promise out of a CA Ridgeline.
mjkchunt,

"Drop" is Physics,as cited. 50yds is still shy of 1000yds,if only to your Retardation. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Though you are welcome to "cite" the "platforms" you "shoot" which "enable" your DUMB Fhuqktitude. Hint.

Reduced recoil,reduced muzzle blast,reduced noise,reduced windage corrections,reduced cost,reduced rifle weight,reduced trajectory(hint),reduced drift(re-hint),assuredly do not hurt production. HINT.

BUT you "get" to add more money to the equation,to 'bask" in your STUPIDITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
And once again...in other words...anyone not shooting 1000 yards and operating in the real world where 1 inch of drop matters not a damn bit...same same and go find something better to wonder about.

What's the drift difference at 450 yards and a 20 mph wind?
Dunno. Its academic. I shoot deer at 300 or less yards. So we can talk about the space shuttles ballistic coefficient but my model airplane doesn't need the precision lol
And big stick...take the cock from your lips before speaking and we could all understand you better.

What's the drift difference at 450 yards and a 20 mph wind?

According to Stick's data above 1/10 mil at 500 yards in a 10 MPH wind, so I'm guessing still 1/10 mil in a 20 MPH wind at 500.
Originally Posted by JMR40
The 143/6.5 bullet has a sectional density of .293. The 145/270 bullet has a sectional density of .270. That means that the 6.5 will penetrate deeper in any game animal at any range assuming equal bullet construction. And since we are comparing the ELD-X in both calibers that is as close as you can get to an apples to apples comparison. Both will penetrate more than enough on deer size game, but if you start hunting larger game the extra penetration is something to consider. A 140 gr 6.5 will match a 180 gr 30 caliber for penetration.

The 270 will shoot flatter at any hunting range. At some point well beyond where hunters will be shooting the 6.5 may be shooting flatter. Both shoot flat enough to hit game animals out to 500 yards. The 270 only has a 1.5" advantage at 300 yards with a 200 yard zero.

The 145/270 has a 270 fps advantage at the muzzle over the 143/6.5 according to Hornady (2970 vs 2700). But nobody kills stuff at the muzzle. The farther you go down range the more the gap closes. By the time you get to 500 yards the 270 only has about 120 fps advantage. Once you get out to around 700 yards the 6.5 will pass the 270. In other words the calibers are close enough (6.8mm vs 6.5mm), the bullet weights are about the same and impact speeds are more than enough at close range with either, and at longer ranges the same or a slight edge to the 6.5. No animal will ever know the difference.

But.....

I will almost guarantee that 9 times out of 10 a 6.5CM will be more accurate than a 270.

In an 8 lb rifle a 6.5 will recoil with about 14 ft lbs of recoil. Not much more than a 243. In an 8 lb rifle a 270 will recoil with about 19 ft lbs recoil. Just a hair less than a 30-06.

God post.
'boomer,

Halfa fhuqking foot.

Hint..............

mjkchunt,

There is zero need to reiterate yet again,that the ONLY thing you can bring first hand to a discussion about The Outdoors,are your Homoerotic Fanatasies. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint. LAUGHING!..............

'lucy1,

See the above. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Wind drift at a given distance,with a given projectile,at a given projectile's velocity,is in fact lineal in relation to atmospheric impetus...thus the reason for factoring all DOPE at 10MPH,to correct/quantify same.

Hint.......................

bsa,

Your STUPIDITY never disappoints,in it's MAGNIFICENT grandeur. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Though you do suck a mean ass...you "lucky" kchunt. The only thing you "shoot",is your mouth and Imagination. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!.............
I’ll stick with the 270 for now works just fine
I smell a rat.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I’ll stick with the 270 for now works just fine

I got two myself, and no Creedmoor rifles of any flavor. The .270 works as good as it ever did, and I see no reason fix it. I can still kill things with its inferior ballistics just fine.
Dunno. Its academic. I shoot deer at 300 or less yards. So we can talk about the space shuttles ballistic coefficient but my model airplane doesn't need the precision lol

Wasn't zooming in from the phone to see details on the fly cutting meat, was just curious. Out here, 450 and 20MPH wouldn't be too hypothetical. The other day I was 670 and about 8 mph from a couple patient antelope. More BC would have been better. Zero worries all around. The little 6.5 CM vs 270, they're both killers for sure, even loaded with the ELDXs.... If the industry would twist faster across the board, we'd all be better off! Let the insults fly. Cheers.
Been blowing 50mph+ all day. Hint.

The less one "knows" or "does"...the "better" a 270 is. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.........................
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Been blowing 50mph+ all day. Hint.

The less one "knows" or "does"...the "better" a 270 is. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Don’t forget, next time the sunshine’s to take a pic and regale everyone how “great” that shiithole is....😂😂
Hahahaha the sun won't shine for 8 more months.... than it will only last an hour.....
Easy now, it’s “paradise “!!!.....🤣🤣
Does rain affect ballistic coefficient? hmmmm
MUCH enjoying how The STUPID Whining Kchunt Routine,is assuredly no "act". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Few things as soothin',as the sound of Snowflakes melting down,in the rain. Hint.

Bless your hearts for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
The black line is pressure. Tells the tale.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by irfubar

Follow the "black line" brother!!😂😂
The weather isn't doing the Mail any favors,but luckily Baby Man's Fieldcraft arrived in time for his first B-day. Have another 264 Kreedmire coming and a Custom from The Kali Kid.

Thought I ordered more glass too,but I really cain't keep track.(grin)

Hint......................
I am curious what kinda spotlight is used under said conditions?? Haha
This is " hunting rifles", not "target practice" dumb dumb. .. Hint
Ya Boomer , rainbows and unicorns..... that will fix the issue.......
Originally Posted by Judman

Careful brother Jud, we are suppose to not say a word..... he will go away if we don't say anything...... wink

Follow the "black line" brother!!😂😂

Holy crap you mean my bullet will go up and down? is this an Alaska phenomenon?

How many of them there deers did you shoot at 1,200 yards?

Rain and cold increases the BC on these!
Back on topic, the tables cited are based on factory loadings. What happens when you up the velocity with handloading? I'm getting 3136fps velocity with 145ELD-X using RL26. Can you up the Creed the same amount or will it hurt you?
I VERY much enjoy,The Paper Hat Brigade doing their best and offering the only thing they can in the first hand,which is an inside look at Retardation. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Snowflakes are melting in the rain,at an EPIC pace. Hint.

Yet more intellesting perspective. Hint. LAUGHING!

Now they query loudly,in the Trademarked High Pitched Nasal Whine..."Do atmospherics affect the Imaginary boolits,I Pretend to shoot?". Fortunately,Imagination and Pretend are free,so the "lucky" kchunts can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Funnier than fhuqk that rain is soooooooo scary,as is actually going Outdoors and shooting the wares,they cain't afford to procure,yet can Whine about. One thing is for certain about the "hard chargers",is that once it's said and done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than done! Plum soothin' to be regaled with Hissy Fit after Hissy Fit,fueled by copious Estrogen Levels and an INCREDIBLY long list of very well founded Insecurities. Funny schit and I mean fhuqking FUNNY! Mainly because the STUPIDITY is certainly no 'act". Hint.

Will increasing pressure,increase velocity? Yep. Is that due to a "tricky" 270Win case design? Nope. Will a box of Factory Fodder make 20 different velocity levels,if/when shot from 20 different rifles,in the same atmosphere? Yep. can a Kreedmire be loaded to stupid pressure levels? Yep. Do folks do so? Yep. I like Alpha brass,have faith in all of my erectors and am happy to give farrrrrrr more concern to consistency,than the speed of light. Do others see things differently? Yep. Which never ain't not fhuqking FUNNY. I mean what's fhuqking funnier,than someone trying to blow themselves up with a 270,so they can say that it would almost hang with a 264 Kreedmire? Almost. Hint. Laughing!

It is rather easy to critique a platform,by simply knowing it's vital statistics. What receiver(this will cite COAL latitude)? What barrel/length? Stock? Bases? Rings? Glass? Typical atmosphere? Zero range? Them actualities,on the fhuqking average...don't tend to do many(any) favors for most folks,though they "think" it does,which never ain't not the FUNNY part. Hint.

It's never been difficult to savvy,who shoots and who don't. Hint.

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Laughing!................
So the bullet does go up and down with the black line? who knew.... wink
Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How many times a day do you think about me.on the average? I'm not talking one of your "good" days,just the typical. Hint. LAUGHING!

Few things funnier than a CLUELESS Kchunt,who just happens to be a Lying Piece Of Schit to boot,trying to "talk" rifles,through her "heralded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore. EPIC Hilarity. Hint.

It's never been difficult to savvy,who shoots and who don't. Hint.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

Hey Stick , we had a good thread going about you started by Brad addressing 16Bore and the re-post of your old threads, you may want to read and comment........
Got purty fhuqking QUIET...I "wonder" why?!?

Hint.

Cause you effed up another good thread
Crybar,

Ain't it a hoot,that even a LOW "standard" Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit such as yourself,is too embarrassed to quantify the amount of time I consume in your every day. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You keep talking out your ass and basking in the glory of reading my every word and gawking every Splendid Pixel...you "lucky" kchunt. Perhaps spread the word and tell some friends!!! Hint. LAUGHING!

What are you gonna almost "do" today? Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Kchuntis,

Now ain't it a fhuqking fascinatin' Dichotomy,how Facts and Physics so very reliably upset you and your VERY Tender Feelings? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You "know" and "do" as "much" as a typical Minimum Wage Mart-Mart Counter Queen and the only reason it's sooooooooo very fhuqking reliably HILARIOUS,is because you are doing your BEST,with what incredibly little you have to "work" with. Pardon Reality yet again colliding with your Fantasy,you poor poor(literally) CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk. Hint.

It's never been difficult to savvy,who shoots and who don't. At least Whining is free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess,though a guess is your ONLY "move". Hint.

Bless your heart for crying and perhaps give thought to holding your breath,for MAXIMUM "effect".

Hint.

LAUGHING!................
Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of .............................................

The only thing I can possibly pardon is your intellect level. Pity it actually..... as do most here.

Have another drink, screw up another family......
Jesus christ, big squealer is still whinning 12 hours later!!! You think you're the only one that has shi T figured out, I'm still crying over the epic meltdown you had over the 6.5rpm over on as DUMB as it gets..... Remember the one where you posted 50 replies to yourself and no one even responded!!!😂😂😂
Originally Posted by Fotis
Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of .............................................

The only thing I can possibly pardon is your intellect level. Pity it actually..... as do most here.

Have another drink, screw up another family......

Sad, but true....
Kchuntis,

I enjoy your Imagination and Pretend,as much as you do...you "lucky" kchunt. "Ding!" fries are done,you "hard charging" Counter Queen. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

You were almost gonna say sumptin' in "particular" about The Outdoors or The Rifle,but your surging Estrogen Levels saved you. Hint.

Bless your heart for cryin' and doing your best,with what incredibly little you "have" to "work" with.

Purty sure I hear a Grandbaby waking up,you stayed tuned to find out. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Retarded CLUELESS Fhuqks and your Melting Snowflake Routines,never loses the "magic" of it's oblivious humor quotient. Like moths to a fhuqking flame,as The Paper Hat Brigade "lives" vicariously and Whines in unison. Hint.

Looking forward to your next Whine and even more Excuses!

Hint.

Big Squealer, the www anxiously awaits your next hissy fit.... Lying biitch.😂😂
Big Squealer, the www anxiously awaits your next hissy fit.... Lying biitch.😂😂

Pity the pour bastard, he lives for this schit.
Folks that can Lead,simply do and all others MUST Follow. Imitation just "happens" to be THE most Sincere form of Flattery and such things coincide by literal default. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Nice thang about the winds laying down,is that the Mail is a wee bit more forgiving. New 270 arrived today and I'm excited! Hint.

LAUGHING!

Baby Man says he's "Bucked up",so I reckon I'll throw the couple new rifles together,this evening. Hint.

Trying to decide what color to paint the Living Wood? Thoughts? Hint.

I'll break trail and you Whining Do NOTHING Snowflakes be sure to follow,like moths to a flame...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint.

Bless your hearts for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

'tailer,

You was gonna go out on a limb and "talk" rifles,but even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,knows better than to try. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Undoubtedly that 270 of your's is a REAL "Zinger",given your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" greasing them skids and connecting dots. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt,as you set mired in your own Stupidity. hint.

Bless your heart for crying,you "hard charger" you.

Hint.

Few things fhuqking funnier(as in NOTHING)...than you CLUELESS Fhuqks trying to "talk" rifles. Hint. Congratulations?!?

ALL boolits setting on a shelf,are equal. Read that again and now one more fhuqking time. Hint.

Introduce speed(velocity) to the equation and the changes are DRASTIC. Hint.

Launch speed,isn't impact speed,nor is it a lineal function. Hint.

Droolers love to extoll their STUPIDITY,by trying to "talk" boolits in general and BC in particular. You Fhuqktards cain't connect a single fhuqking dot,nor correlate the relationship of Facts and Physics. Hint.

Boolit mass,is largely moot and what matters most is it's construction and aero form(BC/Ballistic Coefficient),which is simply a numerical designation of a drag function...or simply,how well schit flys in a given atmosphere. Hint.

Hornie cites their .277" 145 ELD-X 270 Win Factory Fodder at 2970fps. It do thusly. Hint.

Hornie cites their .264" 147 ELD-M in Kreedmire Factory fodder at 2695fps. It do thusly. Hint.

Trajectory is simply Physics and wind is simply VooDoo. Hint.

Note that within the 100yd line,the softer shooting/quieter Kreedmire,boasts the wind advantage and retains it as far as DUMB Fhuqks wish to talk out their asses. Hint.

There is admittedly a "WHOPPING" 285fps launch speed difference,though the Kreedmire surpasses same,not far outta da' gate. "Energy" is equally as fhuqking hilarious. Hint.

Not to steal any "thunder" from STUPID Fhuqks,doing their BEST. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless their hearts for fhuqking trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!..................

So according to my calculator my load is traveling at 1125 fps at 1500 yards, has 407 ft lb and drops 800 inches so unless you can speed the Creed my 270 leaves it in the weeds. Of course I have only shot it to 1000 yards. If the difference in recoil scares you, feel free to remain on your couch out of the rain. Big hint............
Still a little perplexed folks don’t follow pressure for wind. The black line shows the storm systems moving in. Landlubbers.

Anyways, it was a 6.5 Creed day. Burris puked, stilled called in and killed a 4x4 after whiffing a 50yd neck shot on a 3x3. Confirmed pukage at pit on way home with a nice 12” group. 243ai is on deck. The 270 is after the 243 grin.

Originally Posted by Calvin
Still a little perplexed folks don’t follow pressure for wind. The black line shows the storm systems moving in. Landlubbers.

Anyways, it was a 6.5 Creed day. Burris puked, stilled called in and killed a 4x4 after whiffing a 50yd neck shot on a 3x3. Confirmed pukage at pit on way home with a nice 12” group. 243ai is on deck. The 270 is after the 243 grin.

Burris puked?
Calvin is becoming a good scope puke-tester, or so it seems.....
Nice buck Calvin... congratulations.... more info on the Burris puke would be appreciated
Back it goes. 2-10 x 42 Veracity. Really like the reticle and the covered turrets for hiking through crap. Went from sub moa to big groups. Windage is all over the place. Stopped at the shooting pit on the way home and it was ridiculous.

Originally Posted by GregW

Burris puked?
Back it goes. 2-10 x 42 Veracity. Really like the reticle and the covered turrets for hiking through crap. Went from sub moa to big groups. Windage is all over the place. Stopped at the shooting pit on the way home and it was ridiculous.

Originally Posted by GregW

Burris puked?

Copy.....PS - nice buck!
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Back on topic, the tables cited are based on factory loadings. What happens when you up the velocity with handloading? I'm getting 3136fps velocity with 145ELD-X using RL26. Can you up the Creed the same amount or will it hurt you?

Folks run up to the high 2,800s to low 2,900s with 143gr/147gr and RL26, even RL16 and RL17 will get you into the 2,800s with 24" tubes. You're not going to get into the 3,100 fps range without stepping up in case size though.
143 Eldx factory ammo btw. Did fine.
Oh good lord, Burris hit the shiitter!!! 😂
Good buck.
Nice buck man. Glad it’s finally going over there.

Also be proud as you are the only one keeping Alaskans in the kill column.
Originally Posted by AKduck

It’s been going, just not for me. Some nice bucks coming in now. You see those Met bucks? Crazy
I mean....some of us stumble into animals. (Kimber 6 Creed w 108s)

Attached picture 66E198E1-A086-449A-A376-7091925E1FD2.jpeg
Oh good lord, Burris hit the shiitter!!! 😂

No brand loyalty here. Just want something that works. Swfa 6x on it now. Zero and go in the morning.
I mean....some of us stumble into animals. (Kimber 6 Creed w 108s)

Good work.

It’s been going, just not for me. Some nice bucks coming in now. You see those Met bucks? Crazy

Those boys did very well. Heck of a season.
'tailer,

What were the "odds" that you cited all that don't matter? Your STUPIDITY is assuredly no fhuqking "act". Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Again...what are the particulars on the Goat Fhuqk POS? It will be funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

Only Meat Bucks today,but the freezer is in fine shape. A 1yr old ain't always gonna up Production,but it's worth the laughs. What didja' almost "do" today,besides set on your couchbound kchunt,Whine and talk out your ass? Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

I see The Paper Hat Brigade's been busy Following all day,just like every other in their "life". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Calvin,

I've yet to see a Burris scope hold zero or track,but admittedly gave up on 'em many moons ago. Baby Man's Fieldcraft will get a 20 MoMo 1913 rail and the 6x MQ goes without saying. Cain't know if I have anymore 20MoMo Montucky rails laying about,for The 270 Killer. I guess it goes without saying,that a 6x MQ goes there as well. Hint.

Just saying.(grin)

I've puked wayyyyyy too many LW's,to roll them dice and would drive a Burris scope in Millet's,prior to suffering same again.

Laughing!...................
The Followers are really "hard charging" now. Be intellesting to get a tally,on how many times I'm thought about in a typical day's time...with and without clothing. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Nice Doe. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts for Fantasizing.

Hint.

That's a huge base there, spike???

BC matters.
The Followers are really "hard charging" now. Be intellesting to get a tally,on how many times I'm thought about in a typical day's time...with and without clothing. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Nice Doe. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Hint.

I mean that hurky fuucker is like double a sling stud!!!! 😂😂😂

Nice Doe. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Hint.

I mean that hurky fuucker is like double a sling stud!!!! 😂😂😂

Per the agreement I don’t click the ignored posts but the quote! Oh fûck that’s way to funny.
Oh my...how The Followers flock to the flame,so as to regale how they run a Whorehouse by hand,extoll Dinks,Rats,Retards and the hilarity of what happens when something falls out of THE Ugly Tree. What next,as their list of very WELL founded Insecurities are seemingly fhuqking endless? Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Perhaps an expose on Brokedick "jobs",how Mils are "tricky" and just howwwwwwwwwwwww much time they spend thinking about me on the "sly" and how Imaginary Pretend Ignore is "real"...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts for crying and the hilarity of your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........................
Originally Posted by fredIII

That's cute!
Hell of a cute looking baby.....

Please don't ruin him ....ok Lawrence? Thanks
Slap!.... time to wake up
Now what were the "odds",that the first two Followers to the morning's flame,just "happen" be CLUELESS Kchunts and Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit..."forgetting" about their Imaginary Pretend Ignore? Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

A good day for Elkchunt is one when she doesn't schit her pants and Kchuntis patiently awaits the day she makes better than Minimum Wage. None of them "odds" are worth a fhuqk! Hint. Laughing!

Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of Flattery and what else can Followers "do"? The poignant profundity of my powers,never disappoints. Hint.

Bless their hearts for crying.

Hopefully,The Paper Hat Brigade will dangle some more schitty pictures,so as to extoll even more very WELL founded Insecurities. LAUGHING!

Hint.

Laughing!..............
Of better yet, what were the odds, the leader of the shovel headed mongloid crew would roll outta the fart sack biitching nd moaning, again..????? 🤔😂
Of better yet, what were the odds, the leader of the shovel headed mongloid crew would roll outta the fart sack biitching nd moaning, again..????? 🤔😂

Oh my...a Slurring Keyboard already,from yet another Melting Snowflake Follower,powerless in the refrain of The Flame. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

I enjoy that The Brokedick Whining Dumbfhuqk Routine,is assuredly no "act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,ESPECIALLY given the fact that you cannot "do" for yourself. Hint.

Perhaps some day,you'll be able to "afford" your first camera? Just kidding! That ain't in the cards and was mean. Fortunately for you,emoji's are "free",so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for crying and riding shirt tails.

Hint.

Ok ok, you’ve definitely got me backpedaling here!!!....😆

If to only slow the big squealer whine..... laughing

You’ve been led to water

Toldjaso

Window licker blah blah fuucking blah....
Oh my...BIG day at the Food Stamp Line. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Didn't intend to Twitterpate you and if only as an aside...that'll only "surprise" you,forward is a direction unknown to you. Hint.

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,ESPECIALLY given the fact that you cannot "do" for yourself. Hint.

Power up the LCD and nab a pic of same,you Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for crying and riding shirt tails,with your mouth wide open.

Hint.

I'm diggin the fact you're waiting for me, tick tock, tick tock..... Love the emphasis put into certain words as well.... 😂😂
The OP is getting his money's worth! Can't we all just get along....

670 yards
8 mph from 10 o'clock
Down angle 10

Choices are
6.5 Creedmoor 1 in 8
270 Win 1 in 10
30-06 1 in 10
243 Win 1 in 9.125
300 Savage 1in 10
5.56 1 in 7
7-08 Rem 1 in 9
7mm Remington Magnum 1 in 8

Pick bullet, rank 1, 2, and 3.

GFYs for everyone.

670 yards
8 mph from 10 o'clock
Down angle 10

Choices are
6.5 Creedmoor 1 in 8
270 Win 1 in 10
30-06 1 in 10
243 Win 1 in 9.125
300 Savage 1in 10
5.56 1 in 7
7-08 Rem 1 in 9

GFYs for everyone.

Any of those choices will work fine, though the 5.56 will be anemic.

More importantly, the fanciest gear and highest bc are no better than the person behind the rifle. Folks debate gear the most and practice the least, when most would see bigger improvement in results by actually going and shooting more.

As for the technical question, the 7 RM with a 168, 175/6 or 180 of preference will outshine the others in every aspect except recoil, and more so as wind and distance increases.

From your list:

1. 7 RM 168 or 180 Berger

2. .30-06 185 Berger Jugg

3. 7-08 168 Berger

I’ve used more Scenars than Bergers, and they certainly work well. TTSX are what I use the most for critters these days, but I hunt in brush country so distances are short. The ABLR looks good in theory, but has not provided anywhere near the accuracy of Berger, Lapua, or Barnes, but I’ll give them another test drive sometime.

670 yards
8 mph from 10 o'clock
Down angle 10

Choices are
6.5 Creedmoor 1 in 8
270 Win 1 in 10
30-06 1 in 10
243 Win 1 in 9.125
300 Savage 1in 10
5.56 1 in 7
7-08 Rem 1 in 9

Doesn't matter, I'd throw out the .223 because I'm not interested and it's not legal where I hunt the most for anything other than varmints. All this back and forth over 6.5 vs. .270 win really doesn't matter in the end, both will get the job done. Is the .270 Win the most efficient way to get there anymore, not by a long shot. However, that doesn't mean it is any less capable than it ever was even with its inferior ballistics beyond 500 yards. It's kind of like why I still have an 84 CJ7 and 99 F250SD 7.3L they aren't the best off road, most efficient, or powerful vehicles out there anymore but the always seem to get done what I ask of them.
It’s safe to say they are both up to killing game way out there. Question would be, is the shooter. When the 260 Rem was introduced it was hailed as a 270 Win in ballistics with less recoil and better bullets. The 6.5 Creedmoor is an improvement over the 260 by way of faster twist, in most cases, and able to handle longer projectiles by way of better case design. If it were me I would take the 6.5 CM and never look back.

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery

And who in Zeus' butt hole is, or wants to imitate you La Douche?

670 yards
8 mph from 10 o'clock
Down angle 10

Choices are
6.5 Creedmoor 1 in 8
270 Win 1 in 10
30-06 1 in 10
243 Win 1 in 9.125
300 Savage 1in 10
5.56 1 in 7
7-08 Rem 1 in 9

GFYs for everyone.

7mm RemMag/180 ELD.

7-08/162 ELD.

Kreedmire/147 ELD.

Some folks shoot 'em all.(grin)

Hint...............

Kchuntis,

I VERY much enjoy that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

You Minimum Wage Counter Queens...sure "know" your stuff. Hint.

Do not "forget"...that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart...for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
Where is westernsloper in all this?

Somebody needs to explain to Stick the difference between imitating & mocking...... the poor guy can't figure it out for himself.....

I enjoy using terms like "strategery".... "I feel your pain".... " read my lips no new tax's" etc..... I am mocking those fools ... big difference

And could somebody also explain the difference between an hourly wage and wealth to the little turd.......
Pass the 30-06 stoked with 165 TSX’s and hold my fluffernutter sandwich.....
Originally Posted by 16bore

Now you've done it!!!

30-06???? How dare you?

No Throat Geometry no RPM crappy BC.... From his seat (on top of the tree) you can never kill anything with that!!!!
Ok time for a serious question for the guru....... does it matter if you are 4'10" in stature compared to 6'10" ?, that is a big elevation difference......

How about 4'10" in the rain? versus 6'10" in the sunshine? ...

How about climate change? does it affect trajectory? global warming? many things to ponder.... hopefully the guru can answer these pressing questions...

Oh and does shooting from a couch affect POI.. ?
Ok time for a serious question for the guru....... does it matter if you are 4'10" in stature compared to 6'10" ?, that is a big elevation difference......

How about 4'10" in the rain? versus 6'10" in the sunshine? ...

How about climate change? does it affect trajectory? global warming? many things to ponder.... hopefully the guru can answer these pressing questions...

Oh and does shooting from a couch affect POI.. ?

A good rangefinder will factor in the angle!!!! LMAO
Originally Posted by 16bore

Guru says your ping pong balls will drop to earth within a few feet of the muzzle.... good luck with that... wink

Somebody needs to explain to Stick the difference between imitating & mocking...... the poor guy can't figure it out for himself.....

I enjoy using terms like "strategery".... "I feel your pain".... " read my lips no new tax's" etc..... I am mocking those fools ... big difference

And could somebody also explain the difference between an hourly wage and wealth to the little turd.......

No shiit!!! Squealer is very sloooooow......
The "guru" must be working and his boss won't let him answer questions.... frown

No shiit!!! Squealer is very sloooooow......

Jud, I like the Squealer nick name... makes me think of deliverance..... hahahahah
Ok Boomer it's time to come charging out of the closet with your "captain fantastic" get up on ...... gotta defend Sticks honor and all..... hahahahahha
Big Squealer....Grin

Again, this goes back to narcissism, me me me..... And she wonders why she's fresh outta buddies and wives and kids.... Grin
Ego has to be fed........
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

I’m here, not much to add. My question was confusing and poorly worded, but there’s been some real interesting stuff said here and I appreciate the good info.
You will get used to it... when the guru participates things start swirling down the bowl pretty quick..... just tell him GFY, he likes that.... wink
Originally Posted by westernsloper

I’m here, not much to add. My question was confusing and poorly worded, but there’s been some real interesting stuff said here and I appreciate the good info.

Ok,don't want to lose you.
Originally Posted by taylorce1

670 yards
8 mph from 10 o'clock
Down angle 10

Choices are
6.5 Creedmoor 1 in 8
270 Win 1 in 10
30-06 1 in 10
243 Win 1 in 9.125
300 Savage 1in 10
5.56 1 in 7
7-08 Rem 1 in 9

Doesn't matter, I'd throw out the .223 because I'm not interested and it's not legal where I hunt the most for anything other than varmints. All this back and forth over 6.5 vs. .270 win really doesn't matter in the end, both will get the job done. Is the .270 Win the most efficient way to get there anymore, not by a long shot. However, that doesn't mean it is any less capable than it ever was even with its inferior ballistics beyond 500 yards. It's kind of like why I still have an 84 CJ7 and 99 F250SD 7.3L they aren't the best off road, most efficient, or powerful vehicles out there anymore but the always seem to get done what I ask of them.

Doesn't matter at 670?
I would be quite happy to take a 243, 6.5 Creed, 270 Win, etc,.

400 yards and under hunting deer.
400 yards and under? Holy schit, you must be like all sneaky and all that. If you spent a little time on the internet you’d realize that deers are like 1,200 - 1,500 yards away at all times and you have to be a spawn of Carlos Hathcock and Chris Kyle in order to shoot you one.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I would be quite happy to take a 243, 6.5 Creed, 270 Win, etc,.

400 yards and under hunting deer.

Interesting Sam, and I can’t find fault with your thinking, except that I’d put elk in the “deer” category, lose the 243, and extend the range past 500 yards.

My favorite 2-Rifle Montana Battery has always been a 243 and 270. But if a really practical soul wanted to distill those two into one, it would definitely be the 6.5 Creedmoor. It genuinely does most of the work of those two.

Quite a round, going back over 120 years...

Doesn't matter at 670?

Nope doesn't matter.

The .300 Savage the worst pick of all the cartridges you listed after the 5.56 for where I live and hunt. I'll admit it's most limited, but still capable of taking game in the conditions you listed. Like I said not the most efficient way to get there, but it can definitely place a bullet successfully into the vitals of a big game animal at 670 yards.

I'm comparing two calibers shooting the same type of bullet of similar weights, and it's raised some questions for me. Since I don't reload, I've been looking at ELD-X factory offerings from Hornady, the 143 gr out of a 6.5 creed and the 145 out of a 270 Win.

The 6.5 has a higher ballistic coefficient, but the 270 Win has a muzzle velocity (according to Hornady's numbers) of 500 fps more than the 6.5. The difference in velocity narrows as distance increases - that is the effect of the higher BC of the 6.5, right? However, at 500 yards, the bullet from 270 is still 100 fps faster.

Does this mean that 270 will have much more killing power from 0-500 yards? Seems like the 500 fps at the muzzle is a significant difference, but how about the 100 fps at 500 yards? Is 100 fps enough to make a difference?

Does higher BC factor into how the bullet will perform when it actually hits the target?

You can see from the charts that the 270 remains ahead in velocity to 500 and is still going faster at that range. The results are different at longer ranges but for my hunting the bullet could fall out of the sky at 401 yards and I would not care. I filled my buck tag with my bow this rifle season.

In my opinion you may not see a difference between the two from the muzzle to 500 yards.

Does higher BC factor into how the bullet will perform when it actually hits the target? Not one bit.

Pick one and go hunting.
I enjoy the inherent STUPIDITY,of you DUMB Fhuqks doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The total amount of brass you gals "shoot",wouldn't fill up a Hickory breast pocket in a year's time of TRYING...and you "hard chargers" "fight" "tenaciously" to prove same,obliviously! EPIC fhuqking humor,you poor poor(literally) Drooling DUMB Fhuqks. Hint.

BC aspooks the schit outta Melting Snowflakes everywhere,which in itself,is funnier than fhuqk. It's simply a numerical designator,to quantify an aero form and is no more "scary" than "velocity" or "grains",yet will charge up Whining CLUELESS Kchunts like few other things and reliably draw Followers to The Flame. Hint.

The "heralded" 270Win/145 ELD do thusly,as plainly cited prior. Note the 500yd line arrival speed,being 2133fps. Hint.

Now because of you CLUELESS Fhuqking Drooler's "knowledge","results" and "experience","quantifying" how BC is a "moot" designator,one can simply swapaloo boolits of like mass,at like speed and obtain "like" results. Now despite an IDENTICAL launch Speed,in an IDENTICAL atmosphere...things ain't 'quite the "same". 500yd impact velocity is no longer arranging a 2133fps velocity,but rather 1762fps impact velocity...though wind drift is nearly doubled too. Hint. LAUGHING!

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqktards never disappoint,by simply doing your best. Hint.

Bless your hearts for TRYING...it's never been difficult to savvy who shoots and who don't.

Fortunately,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you "lucky" kchunts can "afford" to "contribute".

Hint.

Laughing!..............
Originally Posted by RMiller2

You can see from the charts that the 270 remains ahead in velocity to 500 and is still going faster at that range. The results are different at longer ranges but for my hunting the bullet could fall out of the sky at 401 yards and I would not care. I filled my buck tag with my bow this rifle season.

In my opinion you may not see a difference between the two from the muzzle to 500 yards.

Does higher BC factor into how the bullet will perform when it actually hits the target? Not one bit.

Pick one and go hunting.

^^^ this^^^
For 99%of hunting you won't see any difference. If I was starting out from scratch, the Creed might be the way to go, Higher BC's, less recoil, yadda yadda yadda but I'm not selling my 270 or buying anything new any time soon.
Blackcryer,

A reduction in recoil,a reduction in noise,more fun,greater terminal affects,less wind drift,higher impact velocities and a shorter/handier parcel,are farrrrrr greater than a 1% difference,as "factored",by your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". If only for fhuqking starters. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Again...you were gonna wax eloquent on your "Magical" 270's "particulars",but ran away like The Whining Little Bitch you are. Hint.

Here,I'll go first,while you practice your "bravery". Hint. LAUGHING!

No thang,to yard any/all things new apart and pre-flight 'em. Then simply glue schit that moves,so it cain't,whether a trigger adjust or (5) 8x40 fastener retaining a 1913 extended 20MoMo rail and 40-more Mo 'Horn's. Hint.

That COAL latitude,to a .697 BC Squared Smooch,sure is nice. Why? Because boolits matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps,you Drooling STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Hint.

Then reaffirm relative Skookumtitude,by actual USE. Hint.

Zero Retention Test One RINK

Then simply,re-reaffirm Skookumtitude,by actual USE. Hint.

Zero Retention Test Two RINK

Simply shrug shoulders and bask in the Warm/Fuzzy,with nary a fret. Hint.

You Mall Ninja Couch Queens,sure fret Fluff and 1000yds is a VERY "long" ways. Hint. LAUGHING!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
Reading Big Stink's posts is like eating moldy bread- dry, stale, likely to make you sick.

Stink- did you wipe your azz with that turret cap?
123BITCH,

You be sure to cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical" for you to "understand",as you are drawn like a Moth to The Flame and then melt like all the other Snowflakes. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Now the only thing in regards to The Outdoors or The Rifle,which you are equipped to talk about in the first hand,is your uncanny propensity to act upon your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky". Not that YOU,could "afford" a good scope. Hint. LAUGHING!

If only to horn you up further and so you can look at more wares wellllllll beyond your "abilities","means" or "comprehension". Hint.

LAUGHING!

If only for more Sensory Overload and to propagate even more of your VERY well founded Insecurities. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying,you Whining CLUELESS Kchunt.

Hint.

I know your cute little turret cap cover is a line cap- you dull moron. And I know all about your cutesie little tape schemes- like a 6th grader trying to be noticed. When did the trauma in your life occur? Age 9, 11? Evidently very young because that is where your brain development ceased.
123BITCH,

You "know" less than nothing,which is why you are funnier than fhuqk,by literal default. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Is this where yet another Follower,divulges that she's glued to my every word and Splendid Pixel?!? Sweetie...that will ONLY come as a "surprise" to you. Fortunately,you get to "live" vicariously,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

Might I reinforce your "stance" and mention that you are doing GREAT! Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. Laughing!

Barely blowing 60mph currently,as I patiently await more Mail,so I can R&D a Herd at once. Had never thought about tape,until I heard the emitted via High Pitched Nasal Whine,through your quivering lips. Be sure to espouse even more of your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint. LAUGHING!

Gotsta' bolt some schit together this AM and tape is soundin' like a good idea! Any color preferences,not that you could "afford" a roll of your "own". Have a new 270 and 30-06 to assemble. Thoughts? Hint. LAUGHING!

You Brokedick Whining CLUELESS Fhuqks are a hoot. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!......................
Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Does this mean that 270 will have much more killing power from 0-500 yards?

No matter what it's compared to, the 270 Winchester's "killing power" is rarely called into question.
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
.........all else being equal...

When does that ever happen?
The 270 shoots the same weight bullet faster. That's the answer.
big block/small block.....
Originally Posted by Skatchewan

Them that cain't,MUST follow...like Moths to The Flame. Hint. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Do not "forget" that Imitiation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Only a Texan,would use "power" as a "measurement". Hint. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

You Boobs are fhuqking hilarious! Hint.

bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!.........

TurdyTurdyLowball,

"Weight" is a largely moot designator,while aero form is not. Read that again. now one more fhuqking time. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Perhaps try again...mainly because it's fhuqking FUNNY. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!............

'22,

It is disconcerting to more than a few Window Lickers,that displacement do not tell even PART of the story. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Joe Average sure in the fhuqk ain't very bright,as these Droolers LOVE to quantify obliviously. Hint.

Bless their hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........
that dumb chitt is to dumb to know how stupid he is
Originally Posted by 44mc

Did you mean, TOO?
44 empty,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Very GOOD call,to give all things The Rifle a very wide berth and go right to Whining instead. Hint.

You Drooling DUMB Fhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!.............

'Boomer,

Don't tease her...because I assure you,she's doing the best she can...with what incredibly little she "has" to "work" with.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
First off I wouldn't take the 670 yard shot with any rifle. Killing an antelope does not mean that much to me. Second unless I trade into one and make out in a big way I will never own a 6.5 Creed. Third the 270 is a fine round, if I actually needed to improve on it I would get my 280AI out, but it has never been hunting. Last but not least I can do a majority of my hunting of deer and antelope hunting with just about any rifle designed to push pointed bullets. I could do all my Texas deer hunting with a 223 if I wanted to. The concern over the recoil difference between a 270 and a 6.5 Creed baffles me. This all said I might just put together a 7-08AI 1-8 twist rifle to shoot steel on the local tactical range, since it is not raining or windy that often here in Texas I can shoot more often than Stick in relative comfort.

Did you mean, TOO?

Just can't help yourself can you?

Did you mean, TOO?

Guy that can’t afford rent and has a wife that’s on the run should spend more time focusing on the task at hand rather than escaping on the www to spell and grammar check strangers.
Originally Posted by rickt300
First off I wouldn't take the 670 yard shot with any rifle. Killing an antelope does not mean that much to me. Second unless I trade into one and make out in a big way I will never own a 6.5 Creed. Third the 270 is a fine round, if I actually needed to improve on it I would get my 280AI out, but it has never been hunting. Last but not least I can do a majority of my hunting of deer and antelope hunting with just about any rifle designed to push pointed bullets. I could do all my Texas deer hunting with a 223 if I wanted to. The concern over the recoil difference between a 270 and a 6.5 Creed baffles me. This all said I might just put together a 7-08AI 1-8 twist rifle to shoot steel on the local tactical range, since it is not raining or windy that often here in Texas I can shoot more often than Stick in relative comfort.

rickety,

In fairness,nobody would know better than you,just how poor(literally) your equipment and skillsets are. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Do tell about your "Magical" 280AI. Build particulars are always fhuqking HILARIOUS,when coming from a Whining CLUELESS Texan. Receiver? Barrel? RPM? Stock? Base? Rings? Scope? "Magic" bullet's COAL and velocity,if only for starters. Hint. LAUGHING!

Your STUPIDITY isn't baffling at all,but IS assuredly funnier than fhuqk and only because you are doing your best. In fairness however,I only shoot a coupla 7-08 AI's,but now you can say you've "seen" one,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

so who can actually quantify the “advantages” of the 270 over the dreaded creed?

Did you mean, TOO?

Guy that can’t afford rent and has a wife that’s on the run should spend more time focusing on the task at hand rather than escaping on the www to spell and grammar check strangers.

Wow, good one.
How about the lowly 7-08, 180 ELD-M, 2600 FPS, 3800' + elev, 22F +.... Berger calculator indicates it'll stabilize. If 670 is too much, 500 will do. Or not.

G7 .401
1.535"

Drops like a rock but drift is slight. Will try it out someday when I can save up for some primers. LOL

Originally Posted by n8dawg6
so who can actually quantify the “advantages” of the 270 over the dreaded creed?

I have both but the 270 Win has the advantage of being chambered in a Marlin MR-7. cool

270 Win - 1
6/6.5 Creed - 0

Did you mean, TOO?

Wow, good one.

Thanks. Figured you would like.

I went 06 yesterday. Been doing a lot of carbon fiber builds and thought I would change direction for a few.
EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

Oh, you made that? Nice work Fred...

Did you mean, TOO?

Wow, good one.

I went 06 yesterday. Been doing a lot of carbon fiber builds and thought I would change direction for a few.
EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

Beautiful!

A Biesen ?
Points awarded,for the Double Dog Fhuqk mounting system and glass on that piece of schit. Too fhuqking funny! Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Last week was a purty slow week for me,only got (3) new rifles. Or (2) NIB and a Custom,however Whiner's "math" "works". Hint.

Always wanted to try me out one of them there synthetics,to contend these dusty conditions. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Too fhuqking funny!

Hint....................
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Did you mean, TOO?

Wow, good one.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

Beautiful!

A Biesen ?

Yes Al Biesen

I’d use that once in awhile too when the nostalgic mood struck.Nice rifle

WOW!

Details on the rifle please,Fred. smile

WOW!

Details on the rifle please,Fred. smile

Once I make it home I will take some good pictures and write up a little story.
Ok Fred. smile
Always wanted to try me out one of them there synthetics,to contend these dusty conditions. Hint.

LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com</div><div class=" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Too fhuqking funny!

Hint....................

Dust to Dust

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

a rare bird that followed me home yestiday

Sako AV Deluxe, 280 Remington

ya!

GWB
That is a beautiful rifle.
God I love gun porn! Some purty rifles there.
Dubya',

Nabbed a rather nice chunk of French Walnut the other day. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Lapooey Virgin false shoulders,.796 BC Smooch,lotsa room remaining to chase lands...yada,yada,yada. Hint.

23" MTU Bart 8.7",welded Marty 45 MoMo,S/S Matt bottom,HEAVY '5,Double-ounce S/S Shilen,Swiffer Low's,3-12x LRTSi ended up 1.5 mils offa total bottom of erector. VERY modest recoil and supersonic to the 1900yd line. tough to beat a 270. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

'tailer,

You keep "living" vicariously,if only because it's your one and only "move. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Dubya',

Nabbed a rather nice chunk of French Walnut the other day. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Not French, but what the hey!

ya!

GWB

Purty!
All I got is my sorry old 270....

KofO?
Yeppers. From back in the good ol' days....

When you could talk at your house with out your wife beating you like a little bitch.
Points awarded,for the Double Dog Fhuqk mounting system and glass on that piece of schit. Too fhuqking funny! Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Last week was a purty slow week for me,only got (3) new rifles. Or (2) NIB and a Custom,however Whiner's "math" "works". Hint.

LAUGHING!

Too fhuqking funny!

Hint....................

Pretty sure he didn’t buy it for the mounting system and scope you stupid son of a bitch.

When you could talk at your house with out your wife beating you like a little bitch.

No, when I worked at KoO....

Enjoy your little game.... It's so cool wink
Originally Posted by heavywalker

LAUGHING!

Too fhuqking funny!

Hint....................

Pretty sure he didn’t buy it for the mounting system and scope you stupid son of a bitch.

LOL. The whole quote thing, kills this Rick bin imposed ignore.
But you gotta love a donkey that can’t spot quality and then compares junk to the same. And Germany Ziess was the best ever last time I heard. LOL.

Trust me I am.

Sweet!

LAUGHING!

Too fhuqking funny!

Hint....................

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This forum is "Hunting rifles".

Talking hunting rifles is just like talking fishing tackle it is 100% personal preference.

If it works, grab one and go hunting.

Those wood stocked ones are nice.
What a sad POS of a human being.
“Almost” feel sorry for him.

Trust me I am.

That's so cool. Yep, I thought it was funny, what like two or three years years ago? that Stick called you Fredrica, LOL... Have fun, if that's your style. wink

Sweet!

Thanks. It has some very cool grain that really pops in those pics. Rifle cycles slick as snot too..
Details please.

The grain in the buttstock kinda looks like a checkerboard,never seen that before.

Trust me I am.

That's so cool. Yep, I thought it was funny, what like two or three years years ago? that Stick called you Fredrica, LOL... Have fun, if that's your style. wink

You love that POS and helped him pick and belittle guys as much as you could. Now the trend is changed and you would love for everyone to forget that you were a sidekick. Guess what birdshït lip I’m not the forgiving kinda guy.
PS I’m having a blast.
Details please.

The grain in the buttstock kinda looks like a checkerboard,never seen that before.

Sorry, I forget what that particular grain pattern is called. We discussed it here before and a couple of guys had something to call it. It's a Kimber of Oregon Mod 89 BGR Super America 270 W, made between '89 and '91. I worked in the woodshop, in my home town, during the time this rifle was produced, 1990. Likely but not definitively had my hands on it... It's a joy to own because of that!
Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Details please.

Sorry, I forget what that particular grain pattern is called. We discussed it here before and a couple of guys had something to call it. It's a Kimber of Oregon Mod 89 BGR Super America 270 W, made between '89 and '91. I worked in the woodshop, in my home town, during the time this rifle was produced, 1990. Likely but not definitively had my hands on it... It's a joy to own because of that!

Thanks MtnBoomer. smile
Details please.

Thanks MtnBoomer. smile

Bees wing is the most common name for the figure type.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Details please.

Thanks MtnBoomer. smile

Thanks. Some of the most beautiful things in nature are wood.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Details please.

Thanks MtnBoomer. smile

Thanks Sitka! smile
More for you to consider.

The 6.5 will be spinning faster with the typical 1 in 8 ROT 6.5 CM and 1 in 10 ROT 270 Win. Does rpm matter on impact with game? It's certainly not going to be less....

Obviously, 500 fps is a lot.

Does recoil matter to you?

Higher bc will drift less, always. No matter the distance.

Prediction. Doesn't make a darned bit of difference on game because bullet placement is what matters.

Nor sure where you're coming from on the higher B.C. thing. Velocity plays a big part in wind drift.

Take the following examples using Nosler data:

.625 B.C., 6.5 CM, 144g ABLR @ 2731fps
.530 B.C., 6.5-06, 130g ABLR @ 3151fps
.591 B.C., .270 Win, 150g ABLR @ 2913fps

The 6.5CM has the highest B.C., yet it has the most drop and drift and least velocity and energy out to 1000 yards, the limit of my range calculations.
In reference to the two bullets the OP asked about. No? They're darn close, 143 at 2700, and 145 at 3000 are near even for drift at 500, the slower one with higher BC is better yet at 1000 and 1500. Not much though. (Using JBM, G7s, and bullet lengths found).

But sure, you're totally correct when including velocity into my statement... Get my drift? Something like that. It was wrong to state it as an absolute.
No problem.
[quote=rickt300]First off I wouldn't take the 670 yard shot with any rifle. Killing an antelope does not mean that much to me. Second unless I trade into one and make out in a big way I will never own a 6.5 Creed. Third the 270 is a fine round, if I actually needed to improve on it I would get my 280AI out, but it has never been hunting. Last but not least I can do a majority of my hunting of deer and antelope hunting with just about any rifle designed to push pointed bullets. I could do all my Texas deer hunting with a 223 if I wanted to. The concern over the recoil difference between a 270 and a 6.5 Creed baffles me. This all said I might just put together a 7-08AI 1-8 twist rifle to shoot steel on the local tactical range, since it is not raining or windy that often here in Texas I can shoot more often than Stick in relative comfort.

rickety,

In fairness,nobody would know better than you,just how poor(literally) your equipment and skillsets are. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Do tell about your "Magical" 280AI. Build particulars are always fhuqking HILARIOUS,when coming from a Whining CLUELESS Texan. Receiver? Barrel? RPM? Stock? Base? Rings? Scope? "Magic" bullet's COAL and velocity,if only for starters. Hint. LAUGHING!

Your STUPIDITY isn't baffling at all,but IS assuredly funnier than fhuqk and only because you are doing your best. In fairness however,I only shoot a coupla 7-08 AI's,but now you can say you've "seen" one,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Well your attempt at being a funny muther fugger is appreciated. But the facts are my skillset as far as shooting goes is up there with you ability to shoot the foot in your mouth. That said the 280AI is built on a Springfield action, Shilen barrel, pretty walnut stock and a Timney (ugh) trigger. It is a good shooter but it won't do a damn thing my 270 can't do. And by the way the 7-08AI is pretty popular in Texas. The rifles you put together, if it were not for the funny paint jobs would all look pretty much the same, utilitarian and boring. Can't knock that but have you ever heard of a true custom rifle builder like Biesen? If you are so well off why do you keep building these rat rifles you could care less about? Think McWhorter, http://www.mcwhorterrifles.com/ now those are true long range hunting rifles. Not some barrel nutted together AK bush orphans.

Trust me I am.

You love that POS and helped him pick and belittle guys as much as you could. Now the trend is changed and you would love for everyone to forget that you were a sidekick. Guess what birdshït lip I’m not the forgiving kinda guy.
PS I’m having a blast.

Sorry but you, I and several others on this thread would never be able to distinguish any difference in the field regarding BC between the two. Both are comparable out to 700 yards before seeing any advantages, far beyond most hunting/field use.

LAUGHING!

Too fhuqking funny!

Hint....................

LOL. The whole quote thing, kills this Rick bin imposed ignore.
But you gotta love a donkey that can’t spot quality and then compares junk to the same. And German Ziess was the best ever last time I heard. LOL.

German Ziess sucks. LOL.
German Ziess sucks. LOL.

An Biesen with a period correct Zeiss Germany, how can you even show your face with such dogshït wares. Don’t you know serious hunting guns have to entail cnc’s, stainless and ‘glass stocks. Fück your hand fit dog knot of a rifle.

Oops I mean nice Peasant rifle dude, I dig it. 😉
I am glad Fred has finally seen the light and acquired a proper rifle....... smile
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
German Ziess sucks. LOL.

An Biesen with a period correct Zeiss Germany, how can you even show your face with such dogshït wares. Don’t you know serious hunting guns have to entail cnc’s, stainless and ‘glass stocks. Fück your hand fit dog knot of a rifle.

Oops I mean nice Peasant rifle dude, I dig it. 😉

Ya I’m feeling pretty stupid right now. That mounting system needs cut off it with a die grinder.
And some rattle can paint on the stock would definitely make it look better. 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣
Throw it in the ocean and take a pic of it...... after the paint job of course.... wink

Oh and did Beav share a pic of his whitetail with you? he is playing hard to get... hahahah
He did not! Guess we’ll have to twist his arm.
Fred,
Where's the tape? Ya gotta have tape, man.
Nice rifle.

Ya I’m feeling pretty stupid right now. That mounting system needs cut off it with a die grinder.
And some rattle can paint on the stock would definitely make it look better. 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣

Barrel is too long, wood is too shiny and bluing too reflective. Hacksaw, 80 grit on your DA sander, some krylon, little blue tape and it may fly.

I can’t even with your mounting system, scope, lack of DBM and all the other issues. Pure peasant rifle for kelp fed welfare rats at best.

Of course knowing the great weather of your AO and your couch bound ass’s inability to turn a lick it’ll remain unfired. Or not......
I am dying laughing 😂
Well there was some good info here for a few pages but now this thread sucks and my brain has turned to mush reading it.
Well there was some good info here for a few pages but now this thread sucks and my brain has turned to mush reading it.

Brain mush, here in Hunting Rifles? Say it isn't so!

Brain mush, here in Hunting Rifles? Say it isn't so!

You’re lucky it’s not the Purse forum or you would have found boomer nuts instead of contracting brain mush.

Boomer you are correct I’m haven a lot of fun at your expense.
Happy thanksgiving boom.
My expense? Good luck with that. It won't get ya far this week for damned sure..
My expense? Good luck with that. It won't get ya far this week for damned sure..

Crying laughing at you.
Glad you got something positive going for this week. Giant change of pace.

PS your expense obviously could not get a guy far. Hint.

Well, that is what I just said.... grin
Throw it in the ocean and take a pic of it...... after the paint job of course.... wink

Oh and did Beav share a pic of his whitetail with you? he is playing hard to get... hahahah

Apologies....😎

Nice buck Beav
🤜🏻🤜🏻🤜🏻

Well, that is what I just said.... grin

Maybe you will come around after all.
Sense of humor goes far in my book.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Apologies....😎

Congrats Beav!
And big stick...take the cock from your lips before speaking and we could all understand you better.

Lol I'm new to this forum, but this was funny. Because it might be true
Thanks Ken...👍🏻😎
© 24hourcampfire