Home
Posted By: jorgeI A RESPONSE FROM A GOOD COMPANY - 03/04/20
WEATHERBY.

Adam Weatherby personally called me last night. The narrative below pretty much explains the reason and his personal guarantee to me he's going to make it right. It pays to write a good letter and good companies respond in kind:

SYNOPSIS: I never thought the day would come, but here we are. I recently purchased one of the new "Wyoming Guns" in 7 Mag. This was my third in that caliber, all shot well under MOA. This one however, was a DOG.

So I wrote them a note (below) and followed up with a phone call to their customer service. First they told me there would be a charge of 198 bucks for a "range fee" in order to test the gun. To which I responded, so I'm paying for something you guarantee in writing"? not happening.

Never heard from them so I called them about six weeks ago and they said the gun had been "safety checked" and was awaiting range time. Last week I called back and some irreverant and condescending employee, after first chastising (or trying to) for my "impatience" he proceeded to tell me the gun passed their range test of .89 and .99 using 120gr Barnes TSX ammo. So the gun apparently ONLY shoots with that ammo (see my notes below). Personally, a 120gr is total horseshit in a 7 mag (in my opinion), but had I known this, I would have never even considered it. Suffice it to say, I planned to out them with every publication I know as well as several gun scribes whom I have a personal relationship with, as well as Dallas Safari Club etc. but I figured before I did any of this, I'd Adam Weatherby a note

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Pursuant to my conversations with customer service, I sent my 7mm Weatherby magnum to you for inspection and evaluation as a result of poor grouping with factory ammo (targets enclosed with rifle). I have been a Weatherby owner since the early 80s. I purchased my first rifle from your old store on Firestone Boulevard in South Gate from your grandfather himself and since then have owned dozens, with my current inventory of six Weatherbys, all MKVs and with them I have taken over three dozen species of game world-wide from Africa to all over the United States. In December 2019, I purchased a pair of your Weathermarks, one in 340 (Paso Robles rifle) and the other a 7mm (Wyoming rifle). The 340 shoots like all other Weatherbys I've owned, well under MOA with most sub half MOA.

However, the 7mm simply does not shoot with any ammunition I tried, both factory Weatherby ammo and my time tested hand loads using the old Weatherby Guide (1985 and older) “Factory Equivalent loads" with Norma MRP. Those loads always grouped exactly like the factory ammo on every Weatherby caliber, including two previous 7mm Weatherbys. I tried 140 gr Barnes TTSXs, 160 gr Nosler Partitions, 154 and 175 grain Hornady Interlocks (both factory ammo and my own hand loads) and the best group was right at 2.5", clearly unsatisfactory and way outside your written .99" guarantee.

While I realize nothing is flawless and I expected your company would make this right, I have to admit I was taken aback when your Customer Service representative (Chip?) informed, me in a condescending way, the rifle was tested and met the accuracy standard using factory 120gr TSX ammunition, which to be honest, is a less than optimum bullet weight for that cartridge and had I known that, I would have never purchased that rifle. Granted, it’s my opinion based on experience, but that caliber is much better suited for 140-160gr bullet weights. Moreover, when he told me I would be charged a 198 dollar "range fee" to correct the problem, in addition to the shipping costs, frankly, I was flabbergasted.
In years past, you used to provide a factory target with each rifle and while I can appreciate and understand your "Range Certified" selling point to justify a higher price that now includes a target, I do not see how you can charge me, the customer to fix a rifle that should have never left your warehouse, not even close to your factory guarantee with REASONABLE bullets weights using your factory ammo. I have to be perfectly up front with you that if I have to pay for this range fee I will do so, but I will have purchased my last Weatherby.

Frankly, I hope that what I heard was in error. You are Weatherby! There is a reason I have purchased and enjoyed Weatherby Rifles over the past 40 years. I am the customer you want, i.e. the loyal repeat customer that sings the praises of America's finest rifles. Weatherby was started by a your grandfather, with a passion for perfection,, not a Wall Street Investment Capital Group. Performance matters. People like me will and do spend more to get more and that means more quality and top customer service, not more run around. You are Weatherby and I had every confidence that your folks would have worked with me on this, but now I was informed the rifle Is on its way back to me and once I received it, I will trade it in or sell it, with the caveat to the prospective buyer, this rifle only shoots with a bullet weight suitable for deer or smaller game. I ever thought the day would come, but here we are. If you would like further information or would like to discuss, I am available anytime

Sincerely,
Jorge

I will keep you guys posted on the outcome, but I know full well it will be fixed.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
WEATHERBY.

Adam Weatherby personally called me last night. The narrative below pretty much explains the reason and his personal guarantee to me he's going to make it right. It pays to write a good letter and good companies respond in kind:

SYNOPSIS: I never thought the day would come, but here we are. I recently purchased one of the new "Wyoming Guns" in 7 Mag. This was my third in that caliber, all shot well under MOA. This one however, was a DOG.

So I wrote them a note (below) and followed up with a phone call to their customer service. First they told me there would be a charge of 198 bucks for a "range fee" in order to test the gun. To which I responded, so I'm paying for something you guarantee in writing"? not happening.

Never heard from them so I called them about six weeks ago and they said the gun had been "safety checked" and was awaiting range time. Last week I called back and some irreverant and condescending employee, after first chastising (or trying to) for my "impatience" he proceeded to tell me the gun passed their range test of .89 and .99 using 120gr Barnes TSX ammo. So the gun apparently ONLY shoots with that ammo (see my notes below). Personally, a 120gr is total horseshit in a 7 mag (in my opinion), but had I known this, I would have never even considered it. Suffice it to say, I planned to out them with every publication I know as well as several gun scribes whom I have a personal relationship with, as well as Dallas Safari Club etc. but I figured before I did any of this, I'd Adam Weatherby a note

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Pursuant to my conversations with customer service, I sent my 7mm Weatherby magnum to you for inspection and evaluation as a result of poor grouping with factory ammo (targets enclosed with rifle). I have been a Weatherby owner since the early 80s. I purchased my first rifle from your old store on Firestone Boulevard in South Gate from your grandfather himself and since then have owned dozens, with my current inventory of six Weatherbys, all MKVs and with them I have taken over three dozen species of game world-wide from Africa to all over the United States. In December 2019, I purchased a pair of your Weathermarks, one in 340 (Paso Robles rifle) and the other a 7mm (Wyoming rifle). The 340 shoots like all other Weatherbys I've owned, well under MOA with most sub half MOA.

However, the 7mm simply does not shoot with any ammunition I tried, both factory Weatherby ammo and my time tested hand loads using the old Weatherby Guide (1985 and older) “Factory Equivalent loads" with Norma MRP. Those loads always grouped exactly like the factory ammo on every Weatherby caliber, including two previous 7mm Weatherbys. I tried 140 gr Barnes TTSXs, 160 gr Nosler Partitions, 154 and 175 grain Hornady Interlocks (both factory ammo and my own hand loads) and the best group was right at 2.5", clearly unsatisfactory and way outside your written .99" guarantee.

While I realize nothing is flawless and I expected your company would make this right, I have to admit I was taken aback when your Customer Service representative (Chip?) informed, me in a condescending way, the rifle was tested and met the accuracy standard using factory 120gr TSX ammunition, which to be honest, is a less than optimum bullet weight for that cartridge and had I known that, I would have never purchased that rifle. Granted, it’s my opinion based on experience, but that caliber is much better suited for 140-160gr bullet weights. Moreover, when he told me I would be charged a 198 dollar "range fee" to correct the problem, in addition to the shipping costs, frankly, I was flabbergasted.
In years past, you used to provide a factory target with each rifle and while I can appreciate and understand your "Range Certified" selling point to justify a higher price that now includes a target, I do not see how you can charge me, the customer to fix a rifle that should have never left your warehouse, not even close to your factory guarantee with REASONABLE bullets weights using your factory ammo. I have to be perfectly up front with you that if I have to pay for this range fee I will do so, but I will have purchased my last Weatherby.

Frankly, I hope that what I heard was in error. You are Weatherby! There is a reason I have purchased and enjoyed Weatherby Rifles over the past 40 years. I am the customer you want, i.e. the loyal repeat customer that sings the praises of America's finest rifles. Weatherby was started by a your grandfather, with a passion for perfection,, not a Wall Street Investment Capital Group. Performance matters. People like me will and do spend more to get more and that means more quality and top customer service, not more run around. You are Weatherby and I had every confidence that your folks would have worked with me on this, but now I was informed the rifle Is on its way back to me and once I received it, I will trade it in or sell it, with the caveat to the prospective buyer, this rifle only shoots with a bullet weight suitable for deer or smaller game. I ever thought the day would come, but here we are. If you would like further information or would like to discuss, I am available anytime

Sincerely,
Jorge

I will keep you guys posted on the outcome, but I know full well it will be fixed.

WhoreHey!,

When your Estrogen surges yet again outta your control,how "real" do your Delusons become to you...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Does it become as "real" as your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,especially with the "HARROWING" "threat" of "telling on someone" and REALLY "out" them,with your esteemed "critique" and "connections"?!? Hint. LAUGHING!!! And I mean Fhuqking LAUGHING!!!!! Wow!!!!

Ain't it a simplistic hoot,that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk,that you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot? Your Melting Snowflake routine,is ASSUREDY no fhuqking "Act",you Magnificent Whining Kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart,for doing your best and I really hope I don't have to send this Thread to Adam,as you panhandle to salve your STUPIDITY.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................
[Linked Image from as2.ftcdn.net]

Another great contribution from the dwarf beachball father/husband of the year is with us...Hopefully he's spared us the repetitive, pendatic and equally clueless advice and images of his garbage wares, but I doubt it.
[Linked Image from as2.ftcdn.net]

Another great contribution from the dwarf beachball father/husband of the year is with us...Hopefully he's spared us the repetitive, pendatic and equally clueless advice and images of his garbage wares, but I doubt it.

WhoreHey!,

I'm thinking Adam will enjoy how you are powerless to control your Raging Estrogen Levels and obliviously quantifying,that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for coming unhinged and illuminating your unrivaled Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,you AMAZINGLY Inept Clueless Fhuqk.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................
I’d bet that Chip is gonna have a rough day at work.

Okie John
That was a fine letter, Jorge. Hope everythingl comes our all right.
Adam was a pleasure to talk to. He is very much into keeping his grandad's legacy going and a big part of their trademark was customer service and quality and he did not disappoint. He also mentioned they lost about 80% of their work force with the move to Wyoming, which I commended him on. Wyoming is a great, pro-gun state.
I think Adam & The Gang,would get a BIG kick outta some links to WhoreHeys! Reloading "prowess",if only to lend credence to her "abilities" as a "whole"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

She could not get fresh tap water "reloaded" into an empty glass,by herself. Hint. LAUGHING!

I bet she REALLY has a "grip" on scopes,bases and rings too,to full "compliment" her "abilities" to "critique" wares. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless her heart for Lying,Crying and Whining.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................
And it matches the color of his rifles too. How's stylish. Stick, didn't know you were a gagger as well. Then again your photos are revealing...

[Linked Image from cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com]
Adam was a pleasure to talk to. He is very much into keeping his grandad's legacy going and a big part of their trademark was customer service and quality and he did not disappoint. He also mentioned they lost about 80% of their work force with the move to Wyoming, which I commended him on. Wyoming is a great, pro-gun state.

Good to know! smile
And it matches the color of his rifles too. How's stylish. Stick, didn't know you were a gagger as well. Then again your photos are revealing...

[Linked Image from cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com]

WhoreHey!,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that besides being a Drooling Clueless Fhuqk and Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,that you also just "happen" to burst out of closets with your Man Lust Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Perhaps "explain",that despite your Oathe of Imaginary Pretend Ignore,you still feverishly read my EVERY word and gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel,you Delusional Lying Clueless Kchunt? Hint. LAUGHING!

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you prepare to "unleash" yet another very well founded Hurt Feelers Report. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Whining and getting Horned Up.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Perhaps "explain",that despite your Oathe of Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Again????

I've explained it before and numerous times, but I expect given your bordering on imbecile intellect, further handicapped by alcohol, you've failed to grasp elemental sentences. You ARE on ignore (why wouldn't you be, you haven't a clue), but when you obviously address one of my posts, not to mention a thread I start, of course I read them. after all, it would churlish of me not to do so. does that make sense? or maybe you can get one of your sycophants to "explain" this to you. ...BTW, if you ever need to lay SOD down, remember, it's green side up...
If a company is selling a rifle in a certain caliber and also factory loaded ammo in the same caliber, they should work reasonably well together. Sounds like yours didn’t.

And a $198 range fee sounds exorbitant.

I hope Weatherby makes it right.
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Perhaps "explain",that despite your Oathe of Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Again????

I've explained it before and numerous times, but I expect given your bordering on imbecile intellect, further handicapped by alcohol, you've failed to grasp elemental sentences. You ARE on ignore (why wouldn't you be, you haven't a clue), but when you obviously address one of my posts, not to mention a thread I start, of course I read them. after all, it would churlish of me not to do so. does that make sense? or maybe you can get one of your sycophants to "explain" this to you. ...BTW, if you ever need to lay SOD down, remember, it's green side up...

WhoreHey!,

I enjoy how easily you can "justify" your being an Absolute CLUELESS Fhuqk and a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you sure are a gal of your "word". Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Didn't mean to get you soooo worked up,that you couldn't use Cap's to start a sentence and hadta' obliviously quantify,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you flounder in your Vagina Monologue and Melting Snowflake Routine. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Whining and getting Horned Up,you MAGNIFICENTLY Unstable Kchunt.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................
Jorge,

A few questions for the whys???

If you have had so many positive experiences with Weatherby rifles, why would this rare one off, be cause for thinking it wouldn’t be corrected with reasonable effort?

Why after so many positive experiences would you be so quick to threaten them with negative publicity after what is something out of the ordinary. In addition to threatening them to never buy another Weatherby?

Why if you know full well it will be fixed would you, if you had to make the entire situation public, not just leave it with you had an issue, and as expected it was handled in an appropriate manner? Why would you want to make it sound like you threatened them to make things right?

You say you are a loyal customer, yet one negative situation is justification to publicly trash their reputation?

Much to be learned here....

Does anyone besides me wish Big Stick would STFU? He contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion.
Paul B.
Originally Posted by battue
Jorge,

If you have had so many positive experiences with Weatherby rifles, why would this rare one off, be cause for thinking it wouldn’t be corrected with reasonable effort?

Why after so many positive experiences would you be so quick to threaten them with negative publicity after what is something out of the ordinary. In addition to threatening them to never buy another Weatherby?

Why if you know full well it will be fixed would you, if you had to make the entire situation public, not just leave it with you had an issue, and as expected it was handled in an appropriate manner? Why would you want to make it sound like you threatened them to make things right?

You say you are a loyal customer, yet one negative situation is justification to publicly trash their reputation?

Battue,

Do NOT slight her Delusions of grandeur,Man Lust Fantasies,Drooling CLUELESS Dumbfhuqktitude,nor the Fact that she's a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...in no particular order. Hint. LAUGHING!

She's simply a Whining CLUELESS Kchunt,yet again in wayyyyy over her pointy head and narrow shoulders,with a Drama Queen Hissy Fit being her one and ONLY "move". Hint.

The only things she "shoots" are her mouth and Imagination,from inside The High Fence and you'll wanna tread LIGHTLY or she'll "tell" on you. Hint. LAUGHING!!!

Bless her hear for Lying,Crying and Whining at it is THE Drooling Dumbfhuqk Trifecta.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

PJWhiner,

Yiu might too consider yet another wellfounded Hurt Feelers Report and Imaginary Pretend Ignore,to help satiate your Realities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

GREAT time to hold your breath and perhaps stomp your itty-bitty feet. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,you melting Snowflake.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
Jorge,

In reading the letter it appears that the dissatisfaction started after talking to the customer service representative. The letter addresses it and the posts reflect Jorge’s satisfaction after speaking to Adam Weatherby. Sometimes you need to press the issue and it would seem the letter did its job.
Jorge,

Think the answer is he did expect good service and what he received was subpar.

Global social media allows the I fo iDisk voice to carry much further than ever before. Nothing wrong with providing honest negative feedback.

Personally, I vastly prefer it when people give honest feedback of how a company is operating TODAY, and not let them rest on their laurels of days gone by.

Slavish name brand loyalty is ultimately a negative for consumers.
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Does anyone besides me wish Big Stick would STFU? He contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion.
Paul B.

I do! He is as worthless as tits on a boar hog.
Well,

My reply will be loyalty must mean something different here than with some of you. One error, minor mistake or failure to meet my expectations would not be justification to publicly prove I made them squeal.

“Why I even made the big guy personally call me, and I’m going to tell the world he did.”

Well,

My reply will be loyalty must mean something different here than with some of you. One error, minor mistake or failure to meet my expectations would not be justification to publicly prove I made them squeal.

I agree. But I suspect the OP is accustomed to getting his way based on the tone and wants to brag about it...

To go through that when the rifle won't shoot the exact factory load I want it to, but will others, is a bit outrageous. Do you realize the expectations of the average consumer potentially seeing this?
I enjoy that she "thinks" she can "critique" a rifle,given her INCREDIBLE Fhuqking Stupidity and AMAZING Ineptitude. MUCH easier for her to Meltdown,wax eloquent ala Vagina Monologue,fill out a Hurt Feelers Report,go Pelosi,conjure Delusions of having sway and point fingers...rather than simply Start At The Fhuqking Start. Hint. LAUGHING!

A 45 second once over,would illuminate much and add even more Oblivious Humor to the fray,assuming someone with a first clue,which she is welllllllll shy of "having". Hint. Laughing!

Correct assembly,straight ammo and Skookum glass/mounting systems,reliably work "WONDERS"...to Window Lickin' Chagrin. Hint. LAUGHING!

The Astute are fhuqking HOWLING with Laughter and Clueless Fhuqking Snowflakes are Melting on the sidelines,with Hurt Feelers. Fhuqking EPIC Hilarity!!! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless her heart for doing her best,with what INCREDIBLY little she "has" to "work" with. She can nearly operate Imaginary Pretend Ignore. ALMOST.

Hint.

Too bad she "can't read" this.

LAUGHING!

Wow +P+++!!!...............
Originally Posted by GregW
Well,

I agree. But I suspect the OP is accustomed to getting his way based on the tone and wants to brag about it...

To go through that when the rifle won't shoot the exact factory load I want it to, but will others, is a bit outrageous. Do you realize the expectations of the average consumer potentially seeing this?

I agree and I don’t get this definition of loyalty. “ I personally bought off of your Granddad when he was starting out. I’ve used your rifles the world over and bought more than a few and been extremely happy with them. However, this one failure of yours to meet my expectations, is reason enough for me to perhaps trash your reputation. Your move, what next?”

And the millennials get trashed for entitlement?

Loyalty????
I am glad you are getting your rifle fixed. It sounds like Adam is a stand-up guy. Next time don't post the letter.
Well,

You need to reread the original post. The complaint wasn’t the rifle would not shoot a single particular load, but that it would only shoot one very specific load. OPs expectation was a Weatherby rifle world show decent performance with Weatherby ammo. I think that’s realistic.
Originally Posted by Tannhauser
Well,

You need to reread the original post. The complaint wasn’t the rifle would not shoot a single particular load, but that it would only shoot one very specific load. OPs expectation was a Weatherby rifle world show decent performance with Weatherby ammo. I think that’s realistic.

I read it and understood it it.

Is that Weatherby's guarantee, that it will shoot the specific factory load that the customer wants under MOA? Had the OP tried any other factory ammunition or just Weatherby's stuff?

Some of this stuff is so basic. This is the game you play shooting factory ammunition sometimes, unfortunately.

Its extremely common to have to try a lot of factory stuff in a rifle to find the ammo that the rifle likes. This is the factory ammunition game a lot of the time, even with high dollar rifles.
Posted By: GF1 Re: A RESPONSE FROM A GOOD COMPANY - 03/04/20
Adam Weatherby will make it right, for sure. Got acquainted with him a couple of years ago. He is a real hunter and shooter, and wears the Weatherby brand personally. Rest easy on this one.
Originally Posted by GF1
Adam Weatherby will make it right, for sure. Got acquainted with him a couple of years ago. He is a real hunter and shooter, and wears the Weatherby brand personally. Rest easy on this one.

So this circumstance is supposed to be standard, that if a rifle doesn't shoot specific factory loads that the customer wants it to I'm going to publicly out the company if they don't make it right?

No one would stay in business if this was standard practice. No one....
Sounds to me like he paid Adam Weatherby a compliment. Threatening to out them for poor service may not be called for. I would have held off promising bad press until it was resolved for sure one way or the other. Adam may have handled it without the threat.
Paul B.

YES!
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Sounds to me like he paid Adam Weatherby a compliment. Threatening to out them for poor service may not be called for. I would have held off promising bad press until it was resolved for sure one way or the other. Adam may have handled it without the threat.

I wouldn't out Weatherby even if I felt they did me wrong. They've always been a stand up company.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Jorge,

In reading the letter it appears that the dissatisfaction started after talking to the customer service representative. The letter addresses it and the posts reflect Jorge’s satisfaction after speaking to Adam Weatherby. Sometimes you need to press the issue and it would seem the letter did its job.

You and a couple of others obviously get it, Mike. Others not so much...
I'm wondering how I can get $198 per rifle to range test. That sounds like a good gig.

Originally Posted by moosemike
Paul B.

YES!

+1
Originally Posted by GF1

So this circumstance is supposed to be standard, that if a rifle doesn't shoot specific factory loads that the customer wants it to I'm going to publicly out the company if they don't make it right?

Well, one thing's for sure, you shouldn't brag about your reading comprehension . First, the rifle didn't shoot ANY factory loads I tried OR my hand loaded ammo. The only ammo it shot (and vertical stringing) was the 120gr TTSX. There was bo bragging implied or intended, then again, my first sentence refers. I'll give you a start though, the post (and most here got it except you and the "Alaskan beachball/husband/father of the year).was meant to be VERY complimentary of the Weatherby mark, but I guess that went over your head...
Well,

“Why I even made the big guy personally call me, and I’m going to tell the world he did.”

No, to a normal thinking and secure person it means the company was made aware they had some gaps in their customer service and once they were made aware, the head honcho tppk a personal interest. Your assertion would have had merit had I published this letter BEFORE Mr. Weatherby called, so yes, your definition of loyalty needs work
Adam Weatherby looks like a good President of a major company. However why was it necessary to have him prove it under the threat of trashing the company. Nice guy or not he most likely would have taken care of the issue. It would have been appropriate to give him the chance before throwing out the threats. Especially since his company has served you well for many years and purchases.

A letter could have been written stating the reason for ones dissatisfaction. It could have been mentioned that an employee was less than willing to try and resolve the complaint, which is why you are have found it necessary to go to him. He subsequently tries to make a customer happy, which he did, and you move on.

But no, you come on here and spill your guts on how you got your way and how you accomplished it.

Addition: And you are only a loyal customer, under the threat of having your azz kissed, if you don’t get what you want.

[

Is that Weatherby's guarantee, that it will shoot the specific factory load that the customer wants under MOA? Had the OP tried any other factory ammunition or just Weatherby's stuff?

Some of this stuff is so basic. This is the game you play shooting factory ammunition sometimes, unfortunately.

Its extremely common to have to try a lot of factory stuff in a rifle to find the ammo that the rifle likes. This is the factory ammunition game a lot of the time, even with high dollar rifles.

No you didn't understand it. Not even close.
Adam Weatherby looks like a good President of a major company. However why was it necessary to have him prove it under the threat of trashing the company. Nice guy or not he most likely would have taken care of the issue. It would have been appropriate to give him the chance before throwing out the threats. Especially since his company has served you well for many years and purchases.

A letter could have been written stating the reason for ones dissatisfaction. It could have been mentioned that an employee was less than willing to try and resolve the complaint, which is why you are have found it necessary to go to him. He subsequently tries to make a customer happy, which he did, and you move on.

Umm that is exactly what happened. My letter has no "threats" other than I was prepared not to buy any more of their products. My EXPLANATION ABOVE the letter (which obviously went over your head) was ABSENT a response from them, I was prepared to go elsewhere.
Originally Posted by GF1

Well, one thing's for sure, you shouldn't brag about your reading comprehension . First, the rifle didn't shoot ANY factory loads I tried OR my hand loaded ammo. The only ammo it shot (and vertical stringing) was the 120gr TTSX. There was bo bragging implied or intended, then again, my first sentence refers. I'll give you a start though, the post (and most here got it except you and the "Alaskan beachball/husband/father of the year).was meant to be VERY complimentary of the Weatherby mark, but I guess that went over your head...

So, to be clear, you tried only Weatherby factory ammo, not anyone else's, and a random generic handload previously loaded for another rifle(s) from a book. Weatherby tried the 120 TSX factory load from Barnes and it shot under an inch, but you didn't want to shoot that factory load.

So the rifle has potential. Did you try any other factory loads other than Weatherby or you just simply wanted to shoot Weatherby loads and that's that?
[

No you didn't understand it. Not even close.

Help me understand then. It's not uncommon to have to try to shoot multiple factory loads to find acceptable accuracy?
[
Help me understand then. It's not uncommon to have to try to shoot multiple factory loads to find acceptable accuracy?

Tall order.
1. Not Weatherbys and I've owned dozens
2. The rifle shot only ONE factory load and with a rather useless bullet wright for that caliber, that being 120 grains and those, even though they came in at .92 were vertically stringed..
3. Their written guarantee (it's on their website) says .99 or less with factory ammo. ALL their reasonable bullet weights, 140, 154, 160 and 175, all shot at 3" or more, whereas in all previous 7 mags I owned, they all shot MOA, with of course some better than others and all with the same twist rate.
4. All my previous hand loads that worked in my rifles and for friends I laded for worked fine

[

Tall order.
2. The rifle shot only ONE factory load and with a rather useless bullet wright for that caliber, that being 120 grains and those, even though they came in at .92 were vertically stringed..
3. Their written guarantee (it's on their website) says .99 or less with factory ammo. ALL their reasonable bullet weights, 140, 154, 160 and 175, all shot at 3" or more, whereas in all previous 7 mags I owned, they all shot MOA, with of course some better than others and all with the same twist rate.
4. All my previous hand loads that worked in my rifles and for friends I laded for worked fine

Ok, no need to be passive agressive. I get it now with your details which were left out intially or murky to understand. I'd say you have a reasonable bitch but I'd say you went about it dramatically.

But, I guess if the rifle did shoot factory ammo under MOA with the 120 TSX, it did technically meet their guarantee.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
[

Tall order.

Ok, no need to be passive agressive. I get it now with your details which were left out intially or murky to understand. I'd say you have a reasonable bitch but I'd say you went about it dramatically.

But, I guess if the rifle did shoot factory ammo under MOA with the 120 TSX, it did technically meet their guarantee.

Like I said, tall order. Apparently others were able to discern that from my OP. No need to be a dick either, but there you are....
[

Tall order.

Like I said, tall order. Apparently others were able to discern that from my OP. No need to be a dick either, but there you are....

Lmao. Ok Jorge....

there you are
In the post you mentioned how you have been a longtime Weatherby fan.

You mentioned how many you have bought and used over the years, and your satisfaction with their rifles.

You threw the loyalty card onto the table.

And then you threatened them with never going to buy another of their rifles, if they didn't resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

My comprehension in this case is spot on....

And for the future perhaps you should consider this.

You think he perhaps would have?

I'd wager a dollar to a dime that the rig is wearing a Leupold (hint).
I take anyone who uses "hint"...well...you might have to ask the range folks at Weatherby that irrelevant question..
Where do you take anyone who uses hint?

A rifle won't group and the possibility that its the scope is an irrelevant question? Never trust a scope, especially a Leupold. Any shooter knows to look at the scope and mounting system first.
In the post you mentioned how you have been a longtime Weatherby fan.

You mentioned how many you have bought and used over the years, and your satisfaction with their rifles.

You threw the loyalty card onto the table.

And then you threatened them with never going to buy another of their rifles, if they didn't resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

My comprehension in this case is spot on....

And for the future perhaps you should consider this.

You think he perhaps would have?

Yeah your comprehension is way off. NOWHERE in my letter to him did I say that. I said it at the start of the post but NOT in the letter. Yeah you need to work on that and so throes the other guy.

Here you go: The only "threat" was the issue of the range fee. Nowhere is there a threat about bad press:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge
How about TWO scopes, neither of them a Leupold, but to answer your question: with a grain of salt...
Thanks for saving me the time.

You just quoted your own threat....to not purchase another, unless the issue was solved to your satisfaction....
All the particulars aside....You still came on here and essentially whined. When you could have solved it between you and Weatherby. Which is a question you didn't want to answer....

Never have had a problem with you in the past. But it gets old, having old guys embarrass the rest of us old guys.....
It gets old when people with reading comprehension skills get so incredibly pedantic and turned around with your own gobbledygook, you don't know which way is up. There was never any threat of bad press in my letter and if winning means writing a letter pointing out company maladies he might not know about (and he didn't ) there again is that pesky comprehension issue... The locus of my post was to PRAISE them. Most here got it....
Originally Posted by barm
I am glad you are getting your rifle fixed. It sounds like Adam is a stand-up guy. Next time don't post the letter.

Bingo.
There was a threat and you quoted it yourself, you can post there was none there, but it is there for all to read...You want to think you did them a favor with your self grandiose post then enjoy the fleeting fame....Other than that carry on with your old folks buggy....

Some additional focus next time may avoid certain issues....
I think you meant "self aggrandizing " that's ok, I get it...
Originally Posted by smokepole

Bingo.

No, there was nothing wrong with the letter. You have been told....
Well,

agree completely, i run a dealership, i have had people who have been 20 year customers threaten to never buy a car from me again over a bad battery, of which i told them i would replace. The im going to throw a fit until i get my way people of the world drive me up a wall.........just my 2 cents and im on the other end of this phone call a ton. Last week a customer of many years called me, had bought a used vehicle 11 months prior, had put 17,000 miles on the vehicle, threatened to slander my store in all social media avenues if I did not pay for her new tires, needless to say she is still probably posting tonight and I do not care. Everyone she is asssociated with has probably heard the same song and dance about every other place she shiets on when she doesnt get her way.
I think you meant "self aggrandizing " that's ok, I get it...

No, I meant self grandiose....but I'm not surprised you got it....

"In the field of psychology, the term grandiosity refers to an unrealistic sense of superiority, characterized by a sustained view of one's self as better than other people, which is expressed by disdainfully viewing them as inferior; "
got it, Fits perfectly, but now I'm being chastised by a used car salesman , The horror.
Yeesh. The thread was clearly complimenting how Weatherby corrected a bad first encounter with customer service. The title of the thread iterates that... "good company." So much passive aggressive whining about a bargaining tactic that anyone would use after getting nowhere with the initial lines of customer service...
got it, Fits perfectly, but now I'm being chastised by a used car salesman , The horror.

So, are you're saying that a used car salesman's opinion on this subject is less valid because he is a used car salesman and not of a higher caste?
Can anyone else tell it is March and almost the end of winter?
Originally Posted by jdunham

Where is Phil Connors when you need him?
Posted By: CWT Re: A RESPONSE FROM A GOOD COMPANY - 03/05/20
Dang. This is a hunting/rifle forum and I guy makes a post titled " A response from a good company ". Details an issue with customer no service and reports a positive resolve after going above customer no services head. Then folks bash him for sharing a positive experience after the chief cook and bottle washer got involved and corrected the problem and I bet problems in the future will be resolved much quicker. I would like to thank the OP for sharing the experience and it sheds a positive light on Weatherby which has been known and still is known to produce a quality product.
All I know is Battue, You should have Jorge write a letter on your behalf to Perazzi. As I am betting he can get you at least two SCO's for your previous hassles! smile smile smile

By the way I expect to receive one of those SCO's for my mere suggestion. smile
I am curious if the amount of animals taken was impressive to Mr. Weatherby? I have been to all but one continent maybe that can give me some leveraging power. smile
I ordered an LCP 22 today. Fugk yeah

This is funny. I don’t care who ya’ are.
Originally Posted by 303savage
Well,

agree completely, i run a dealership, i have had people who have been 20 year customers threaten to never buy a car from me again over a bad battery, of which i told them i would replace. The im going to throw a fit until i get my way people of the world drive me up a wall.........just my 2 cents and im on the other end of this phone call a ton. Last week a customer of many years called me, had bought a used vehicle 11 months prior, had put 17,000 miles on the vehicle, threatened to slander my store in all social media avenues if I did not pay for her new tires, needless to say she is still probably posting tonight and I do not care. Everyone she is asssociated with has probably heard the same song and dance about every other place she shiets on when she doesnt get her way.

I believe it. This is the new “customer” . The business is responsible for EVERYTHING . Fugging A. If I got 17,000 miles on a used vehicles tires. I’d be satisfied.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
All I know is Battue, You should have Jorge write a letter on your behalf to Perazzi. As I am betting he can get you at least two SCO's for your previous hassles! smile smile smile

You got one....
Only problem is, at this very moment I’m not sure if I want him writing any letters on my behalf. OR if he would be all that receptive to do so. Maybe we both will have to show a little patience and understanding. Now I’ve been told that understanding is not one of my stronger characteristics. Perhaps you can intervene and do the asking....

Bingo.

No, there was nothing wrong with the letter. You have been told....

It didn't take. My reading comprehension must really suck.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

You got one....
Only problem is, at this very moment I’m not sure if I want him writing any letters on my behalf. OR if he would be all that receptive to do so. Maybe we both will have to show a little patience and understanding. Now I’ve been told that understanding is not one of my stronger characteristics. Perhaps you can intervene and do the asking....

Dam and I was envisioning hunting birds this fall with a really sweet Perazzi SCO! frown
All's well that ends well but I've had four Weatherby's. The one I have currently is a DGR .340 Bee. They've all been excellent. If the next Weatherby I buy is a steaming pile well I may send it back but it won't discourage me from buying their products.
Originally Posted by CWT
Dang. This is a hunting/rifle forum and I guy makes a post titled " A response from a good company ". Details an issue with customer no service and reports a positive resolve after going above customer no services head. Then folks bash him for sharing a positive experience after the chief cook and bottle washer got involved and corrected the problem and I bet problems in the future will be resolved much quicker. I would like to thank the OP for sharing the experience and it sheds a positive light on Weatherby which has been known and still is known to produce a quality product.

This ^^^

kwg
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

So, are you're saying that a used car salesman's opinion on this subject is less valid because he is a used car salesman and not of a higher caste?

And who says I am JUST a USED car salesman, I actually run the third biggest largest Nissan store in upstate New York, that also sell used cars, and it has been a very good profession for 20 years.

Well it’s true.
I am the customer you want,

After 30yrs in sales, little turns me off faster than someone telling me what a great/valuable customer they are. Frankly, if they were that great/desirable, I'd already know and they sure wouldn't have to tell me.

What I read was that you wrote the letter with a giant chip on your shoulder and are in need of a fast and hard ego-stroking.
Originally Posted by moosemike

I wouldn't out Weatherby even if I felt they did me wrong. They've always been a stand up company.

I disagree. Sometimes companies have to be reminded why they are in business. People should not have to fight with a "stand up company" to get satisfaction. It is great that Adam handled this correctly, but he needs to have a serious talk with his customer service and fix a problem gun for free.
Interesting thread. I doubt there are many among us who haven’t been put off by poor customer service reps at some point or another, over some product or service or another. It’s not uncommon to go over that rep’s head, whether to the owner of the company or the next manager up the ladder. No big deal. I’m dealing with a similar situation myself right now (not hunting-related) and am contemplating going over the sales rep’s head. Jorge did just that and apparently got the response he wanted. Again, no big deal.

I think what has rubbed a few folks the wrong way is where Jorge said:

“Suffice it to say, I planned to out them with every publication I know as well as several gun scribes whom I have a personal relationship with, as well as Dallas Safari Club etc. but I figured before I did any of this, I'd [write] Adam Weatherby a note”

Frankly, this comes across as blustering. But you don’t have to look hard to find posts on this site where some of the people who have commented on this thread have done much the same thing on the pages of one forum or another by trashing a product or service they had a bad experience with. I don’t know Jorge, but I doubt he has enough clout for any gun writer, gun magazine editor, or anyone in the DSC to go out and trash Weatherby just on his say-so. So, it was pretty much an empty threat, but just as important is the last part of the sentence “but I figured before (emphasis mine) I did any of this, I’d [write] Adam Weatherby a note”. So, Jorge’s cooler head prevailed; no threat of bad publicity was actually made (only thought about, or planned), the matter was resolved, and the company was publicly commended for doing so. True, Jorge did tell Mr. Weatherby that he would cease to be a customer if he was not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint; but as a consumer with many other options, that is his prerogative. Weatherby created the situation by setting a standard for its customers to expect, and then failing to meet its own standard.

and there it is........people who think they are better than others....are just a$$wipes..........bob
Posted By: efw Re: A RESPONSE FROM A GOOD COMPANY - 03/05/20
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Interesting thread. I doubt there are many among us who haven’t been put off by poor customer service reps at some point or another, over some product or service or another. It’s not uncommon to go over that rep’s head, whether to the owner of the company or the next manager up the ladder. No big deal. I’m dealing with a similar situation myself right now (not hunting-related) and am contemplating going over the sales rep’s head. Jorge did just that and apparently got the response he wanted. Again, no big deal.

“Suffice it to say, I planned to out them with every publication I know as well as several gun scribes whom I have a personal relationship with, as well as Dallas Safari Club etc. but I figured before I did any of this, I'd [write] Adam Weatherby a note”

Frankly, this comes across as blustering. But you don’t have to look hard to find posts on this site where some of the people who have commented on this thread have done much the same thing on the pages of one forum or another by trashing a product or service they had a bad experience with. I don’t know Jorge, but I doubt he has enough clout for any gun writer, gun magazine editor, or anyone in the DSC to go out and trash Weatherby just on his say-so. So, it was pretty much an empty threat, but just as important is the last part of the sentence “but I figured before (emphasis mine) I did any of this, I’d [write] Adam Weatherby a note”. So, Jorge’s cooler head prevailed; no threat of bad publicity was actually made (only thought about, or planned), the matter was resolved, and the company was publicly commended for doing so. True, Jorge did tell Mr. Weatherby that he would cease to be a customer if he was not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint; but as a consumer with many other options, that is his prerogative. Weatherby created the situation by setting a standard for its customers to expect, and then failing to meet its own standard.

What’s this level headed and fair minded trash doing on this thread!?!?

If you’re not Uber pissed one way or the other, go to a more civil board like the Hunter’s campfire!

Hint...
Laffin...
Originally Posted by jdunham

Nah, the douches on this site are year-round douches, starting with the OP.
Big Stick is a dip sh--...
Originally Posted by gorge

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

However, the 7 mm simply does not shoot with any ammunition I tried, both factory Weatherby ammo and my time tested hand loads using the old Weatherby Guide (1985 and older) “Factory Equivalent loads" with Norma MRP. Those loads always grouped exactly like the factory ammo on every Weatherby caliber, including two previous 7mm Weatherby's. I tried 140 gr Barnes TTSXs, 160 gr Nosler Partitions, 154 and 175 grain Hornady Interlocks (both factory ammo and my own hand loads) and the best group was right at 2.5", clearly unsatisfactory and way outside your written .99" guarantee.

While I realize nothing is flawless and I expected your company would make this right, I have to admit I was taken aback when your Customer Service representative (Chip?) informed, me in a condescending way, the rifle was tested and met the accuracy standard using factory 120gr TSX ammunition, which to be honest, is a less than optimum bullet weight for that cartridge and had I known that, I would have never purchased that rifle. Granted, it’s my opinion based on experience, but that caliber is much better suited for 140-160gr bullet weights. Moreover, when he told me I would be charged a 198 dollar "range fee" to correct the problem, in addition to the shipping costs

I sure am glad some of you people don't work customer service for me. First thing to look at here is what issue really ticked the customer off. It is one thing to have a rifle sub perform. That is disappointing, but wasn't biggest problem. The factor that escalated this was the flippant, condescending attitude of the customer service rep on that end. He didn't treat the issue the issue as a valid problem, and he treated the customer like a Ford Fiesta buyer and not a Lexus owner. Not only was the customer's issue not resolved to his satisfaction, he was pretty much dismissed by the company representative. THAT is the real issue.

In Jorge's defense, he knows Weatherby, and he knows what quality and image Weatherby has and wants to maintain. He shot a letter to the boss and let Adam know that the long held Weatherby standards were not being met. A good boss wants to know these things. A good manager appreciates honest feedback. A SMART manager and talented manager can handle customers. Adam Weatherby did just that. Adam picked up the phone, heard the problem, and pledged to help the customer out. Do any of you realize how powerful that it is to a customer? It is incredibly poswerful. It took Adam, what, 10 minutes to call Jorge, hear him out and win back a customer? In the end, many customers want to be heard and many customers want YOUR business to succeed.

I had a couple of my long time patients take me aside a year or so ago and let me know that a new employee was, well, kinda bitchy to them. How'd I handle that? I thanked them for feeling comfortable enough with our relationship to share that with me. It led to some positive changes. I thing the same will be happening at Weatherby. Adam Weatherby has his name on the front door, and it's his name on the guns. He wants Weatherby to be WEATHERBY, not rifles by ACME holding Co. LLC Delaware.

I read a positive here for both Weatherby and a long time loyal customer.

Hatari........he was treated like a ford fiesta buyer and not a lexus owner.......while i respect what you post, usually well thought out.......that statement reeks of a little arrogance.......which is the way jorge came off in his post....i think that is the rub here.......bob
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by gorge

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

However, the 7 mm simply does not shoot with any ammunition I tried, both factory Weatherby ammo and my time tested hand loads using the old Weatherby Guide (1985 and older) “Factory Equivalent loads" with Norma MRP. Those loads always grouped exactly like the factory ammo on every Weatherby caliber, including two previous 7mm Weatherby's. I tried 140 gr Barnes TTSXs, 160 gr Nosler Partitions, 154 and 175 grain Hornady Interlocks (both factory ammo and my own hand loads) and the best group was right at 2.5", clearly unsatisfactory and way outside your written .99" guarantee.

While I realize nothing is flawless and I expected your company would make this right, I have to admit I was taken aback when your Customer Service representative (Chip?) informed, me in a condescending way, the rifle was tested and met the accuracy standard using factory 120gr TSX ammunition, which to be honest, is a less than optimum bullet weight for that cartridge and had I known that, I would have never purchased that rifle. Granted, it’s my opinion based on experience, but that caliber is much better suited for 140-160gr bullet weights. Moreover, when he told me I would be charged a 198 dollar "range fee" to correct the problem, in addition to the shipping costs

I sure am glad some of you people don't work customer service for me. First thing to look at here is what issue really ticked the customer off. It is one thing to have a rifle sub perform. That is disappointing, but wasn't biggest problem. The factor that escalated this was the flippant, condescending attitude of the customer service rep on that end. He didn't treat the issue the issue as a valid problem, and he treated the customer like a Ford Fiesta buyer and not a Lexus owner. Not only was the customer's issue not resolved to his satisfaction, he was pretty much dismissed by the company representative. THAT is the real issue.

In Jorge's defense, he knows Weatherby, and he knows what quality and image Weatherby has and wants to maintain. He shot a letter to the boss and let Adam know that the long held Weatherby standards were not being met. A good boss wants to know these things. A good manager appreciates honest feedback. A SMART manager and talented manager can handle customers. Adam Weatherby did just that. Adam picked up the phone, heard the problem, and pledged to help the customer out. Do any of you realize how powerful that it is to a customer? It is incredibly poswerful. It took Adam, what, 10 minutes to call Jorge, hear him out and win back a customer? In the end, many customers want to be heard and many customers want YOUR business to succeed.

I had a couple of my long time patients take me aside a year or so ago and let me know that a new employee was, well, kinda bitchy to them. How'd I handle that? I thanked them for feeling comfortable enough with our relationship to share that with me. It led to some positive changes. I thing the same will be happening at Weatherby. Adam Weatherby has his name on the front door, and it's his name on the guns. He wants Weatherby to be WEATHERBY, not rifles by ACME holding Co. LLC Delaware.

I read a positive here for both Weatherby and a long time loyal customer.

Well said
I'll add more to the personal touch Adam Weatherby exhibted by simply picking up the phone. We ALL know that a message in writing does not always carry the same emphasis and/or emotion that the spoken word does.

In a situation like this, getting someone on the line to ask them "tell me what's going on" is really 99% of solving the problem. The customer will feel valued.
Originally Posted by BobMt

and there it is........people who think they are better than others....are just a$$wipes..........bob

You two need to put your Mahatma Ghandhi playbook aside. Caste, really? It was a joke

car salesmen

Oh and the rifle's on it's way back, courtesy of the outstanding company Weatherby is, pre-paid, next day air. And just to illustrate what a prompt and good response can lead to, while on the phone with them this morning, I placed an order for their new Back Country 6.5 Weatherby RPM.

Hatari........he was treated like a ford fiesta buyer and not a lexus owner.......while i respect what you post, usually well thought out.......that statement reeks of a little arrogance.......which is the way jorge came off in his post....i think that is the rub here.......bob

Guilty as charged and you can even upgrade little to "very" smile

As to the people that "don't know me" but say they know who I know or don't know, let's just say that besides being immaterial , I wouldn't have posted untruths but my point was the power of the pen and not the individual, "Letters to the Editor" do work (worked for me years ago with the Browning "salt" issue)

Guilty as charged and you can even upgrade little to "very" smile

As to the people that "don't know me" but say they know who I know or don't know, let's just say that besides being immaterial , I wouldn't have posted untruths but my point was the power of the pen and not the individual, "Letters to the Editor" do work (worked for me years ago with the Browning "salt" issue)

fair enough......bob
i purchased a brand new Weatherby accumark 338 Lapua,this rifle cost just under $2000.00 tax and all ,i mounted a nightforce 5.5-22x56 with picatinny mounts and rings made by Nightforce. this rifle shot terrible ,tried a different scope still shot terrible. so i called Weatherby they told me if i was not satisfied send rifle back with $150.00 and they would check this rifle out but if it shot within their specs of 1 1/2 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards with their factory ammo ,Weatherby would send this rifle back and keep the $150.00. i told them to forget it i would take the rifle to machinist who builds national bench championship rifles and puts match grade barrels on for around $500.00. with shipping to Weatherby and the $150.00 they wanted i put it towards building a much better rifle which i did. all`s i got from Weatherby was i am sorry you feel that way,I told this Weatherby person Weatherby has horrible warranty i wished Roy was alive this would not have been done this way and hung up. as far as i am concerned Weatherby can kiss my BUTT !
The "defense" rests.... smile
The douche here is the customer service rep at Weatherby.

Bob,

That goes back to written vs. spoken word. Not my intent to come off as arrogant, and I freely admit I'm not Charles Dickens with the keyboard. Very few of us are well enough trained and practiced to nail a complete thought/idea/emotion in a paragraph laid down in 5 minutes or less. I kant evin git spel chekker to fix my tipos sum of the thyme...... wink

The paramount point I was attempting to make is that Weatherby is a premium product. They've positioned themselves as a cut above for 60 years or more. Better customer service and better handling of the customer could and should be expected, and it fell short here.

As far as Jorge coming off brusque, again let's go back to personal abilities with the written word and a person's training and experience. Jorge is a military lifer. You are going to get things, short, blunt and to the point. There is little place for subtlety in military writing or evaluations. Raw and unvarnished. It doesn't always read well. Hence my compliment of Adam Weatherby phoning him. "Dude, what's on your mind?". That personal verbal contact eliminates the other shortcomings.

Read Big Stick if you to see shortcomings in writing - unless you take it as comedy, in which case he could be a genius. I'm not sure he speaks English, though.....
Alwaysoutdoor:

Not necessarily. Weatherby's policy is to charge for verification of the accuracy warranty. The policy came down from Mr. Weatherby. The question then becomes does the rep have the authority to override company policy and if so under what circumstance. I'm sure this situation arrises more than infrequently, especially when different shooting abilities are factored in.

What guidelines are given the representative in order to allow them to make the decision. Because without them, they have a fractured policy. Others have mentioned that Andy Weatherby is a fine guy, however this policy seems to be area that needs to be visited, in that one customer agrees and another is arrogant. The rep is then supposed to know when or guess when to override the policy, and do it without aggravating a customer. Poor policy if that is the case.

Or maybe Chip is following policy. First try to get them to pay, but if they scream, threaten and yell, then go along and we upstairs will take it from there.

Hatari:

True when Jorge is working under his military employment. However, that gives him no authority, right or privilege to be short, blunt or arrogant in his dealing with civilians.

Originally Posted by hatari

Bob,

That goes back to written vs. spoken word. Not my intent to come off as arrogant, and I freely admit I'm not Charles Dickens with the keyboard. Very few of us are well enough trained and practiced to nail a complete thought/idea/emotion in a paragraph laid down in 5 minutes or less. I kant evin git spel chekker to fix my tipos sum of the thyme...... wink

The paramount point I was attempting to make is that Weatherby is a premium product. They've positioned themselves as a cut above for 60 years or more. Better customer service and better handling of the customer could and should be expected, and it fell short here.

As far as Jorge coming off brusque, again let's go back to personal abilities with the written word and a person's training and experience. Jorge is a military lifer. You are going to get things, short, blunt and to the point. There is little place for subtlety in military writing or evaluations. Raw and unvarnished. It doesn't always read well. Hence my compliment of Adam Weatherby phoning him. "Dude, what's on your mind?". That personal verbal contact eliminates the other shortcomings.

Read Big Stick if you to see shortcomings in writing - unless you take it as comedy, in which case he could be a genius. I'm not sure he speaks English, though.....

How many more times are you going to come on this thread to make excuses for a poor attempt to bitch about a product and customer service?

A close friend of mine who is a repeat customer at a dealership for high end automobiles gets a level of ass kissing that I don't at the dealer of the more modest brand which I can afford. It's a simple fact of the marketplace that buyers of some luxury goods and services don't have to buy them, and so they are treated differently to keep their business.
It was the attitude not interpretation of the MOA policy.

Besides, their accuracy guarantee just says premium ammo or Weatherby ammo. That takes the bullet weight out of it. It should shoot ANY premium ammo to their guarantee the way they word it. Don’t know if that’s their intent. Any hunter would say a 120 grain in a 7 mag is too light too.
Next time buy a Tikka, just sayinggrin

mike r
Originally Posted by mathman

A close friend of mine who is a repeat customer at a dealership for high end automobiles gets a level of ass kissing that I don't at the dealer of the more modest brand which I can afford. It's a simple fact of the marketplace that buyers of some luxury goods and services don't have to buy them, and so they are treated differently to keep their business.

I realize this

I have more of a problem with a person who expects to get his assed kissed than the one doing the kissing for his job...…..bob
No, you missed....The policy is they pay for verification, the rep is supposed to try to get them to pay, or else they should eliminate the policy....When does the rep back off and under what level of customer dissatisfaction....The rep is always on the edge of right or wrong, which is unfair to them and obviously is open to causing additional bad press for the company....

Everything is not always as it seems....

My guess is Chip is secure in his job....Andy tells him to follow policy, and if the customer gets out of sorts, we will take care of it up here and the customer will think top management is a great group....carry on....

What are the odds the policy is there, if you are to believe what you often read here, because the average customer can't shoot all that well and not because the rifle is not up to it?

The Customer is always right without exception especially in the age we live in . Jorge expressed dissatisfaction with the customer service rep and damn right he should have been treated well whether he purchased 100 Mark V's or just 1.

I have personally dealt with Weatherby customer service in Wyoming 3 times the last 4 months. I was very very far from satisfied , I'll cite 2 examples. I wanted a trigger tech put on one of my Mark V's, the website FAQ says it is 225 dollars and the rifle is to be mailed to them. I called them on the phone for something else and then asked the rep what the price was on the trigger tech he quoted 300.

I broke a stock on a Mark V ultralite after glass bedding the front lug, it is a pretty good sized lug and I should not have yanked on the stock where I did. I believe that rifle was made in 2000 and it was all my fault, I called Weatherby and asked them what their price was on a replacement , they quoted a price and told me it was a 3-4 month wait on a replacement. I asked the guy how in the world do you not have spare parts for this rifle? I then called B&C explained what happened and a few days later my wife calls me at work and says there is a package on the front porch for me. It was a replacement stock No Charge along with a signed letter from the President of B&C thanking me for my honesty. I'll never forget that gesture.

As far as that Peabrain Midget from AK is concerned , he should remember the thread he started last year where he blasted Peterson cartridge company.

Hatari:

True when Jorge is working under his military employment. However, that gives him no authority, right or privilege to be short, blunt or arrogant in his dealing with civilians.

Another descent into how to go off topic... My letter had none of those qualities. That said, what you describe above is exactly how I deal with government employees where I work. That or behavior modification through stress. Or perhaps I should have just rolled over and let that employee talk down and intimidate me into "you'll get nothing and like it". No thanks Dean Wormer, I got what I want..
Paul B.

I do. His posts are distracting and childish.
All the particulars aside....You still came on here and essentially whined. When you could have solved it between you and Weatherby. Which is a question you didn't want to answer....

Never have had a problem with you in the past. But it gets old, having old guys embarrass the rest of us old guys.....

I, too, am an old guy. It sure seems to me you came on this thread to bellyache about something that didn't happen. You need to take a nap or something old guys do.
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
Yeesh. The thread was clearly complimenting how Weatherby corrected a bad first encounter with customer service. The title of the thread iterates that... "good company." So much passive aggressive whining about a bargaining tactic that anyone would use after getting nowhere with the initial lines of customer service...

How did so many miss this obviousness?

Hatari:

Another descent into how to go off topic... My letter had none of those qualities. That said, what you describe above is exactly how I deal with government employees where I work. That or behavior modification through stress. Or perhaps I should have just rolled over and let that employee talk down and intimidate me into "you'll get nothing and like it". No thanks Dean Wormer, I got what I want..

Looks like the defense didn't rest its case....

You obviously got what you wanted from Weatherby. However any with the most limited amount of communication skills could have achieved the same with little effort.

As far as what you thought you were going to get here, well it didn't work, and that is what you really wanted....Perhaps the stress will result in behavior modification?

Hatari:

Looks like the defense didn't rest its case....

You obviously got what you wanted from Weatherby. However any with the most limited amount of communication skills could have achieved the same with little effort.

As far as what you thought you were going to get here, well it didn't work, and that is what you really wanted....Perhaps the stress will result in behavior modification?

^^^^^^This^^^^^
Originally Posted by Ringman

I, too, am an old guy. It sure seems to me you came on this thread to bellyache about something that didn't happen. You need to take a nap or something old guys do.

What it seems to you is obviously wrong to more than a few....I need to take a nap, ohhhh that is soooo original....Come on pull something good out of that old bag of corn you carry around....
Originally Posted by Ringman

What it seems to you is obviously wrong to more than a few....I need to take a nap, ohhhh that is soooo original....Come on pull something good out of that old bag of corn you carry around....

What's next, you are going to hike up your pants and tell me: "I'll drop you like a two foot putt." Try that one next time you are feeling frisky at the Dunkin Donuts with the crew....
WEATHERBY.

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge

To be read in a Thurston Howell III voice:

“Men, I had a real problem the other day with a WEATHERBY of all things!

It just wouldn’t shoot worth a darn! Ok, well technically it did shoot sub MOA, but that was only with 120 grain triple shocks and, as we all know, any bullet under 180 grains is unmanly!

Worse, I was rebuffed by an employee who was rude enough to point out that the rifle did, in fact, meet their guarantee! The arrogance!

What was I to do?! Well, let me tell you, I penned a strong letter to Mr. Adam Weatherby! Of course I had to explain to him I’ve been everywhere and done everything, and did it when his dad was just a gleam in his grandad’s eye.

And Adam called me! At home! And held my hand over the phone. Wowwee! Coronavirus or no, I’ll never wash that hand again.

Honestly, I’m relieved. I WAS going to out the company to the world! And let me tell you men, I can be a raging BULL when a company pisses me off by making a product that meets their guarantee. I was prepared to tell on Weatherby to Mr. MuleDeer and other gun “scribes.” And, next time I went to DSC (in my safari hat with the leopard tail hat band), I was going to tell EVERYONE that Weatherby sucks! And then I was going to tell the whole world via the internet! I’m telling you, I had my nasty Yelp review mostly written!

But you can rest easy now men, because I took care of it.

Did I mention Adam Weatherby called me?"
That just may cause the defense to ask for another recess....
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
WEATHERBY.

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge

It just wouldn’t shoot worth a darn! Ok, well technically it did shoot sub MOA, but that was only with 120 grain triple shocks and, as we all know, any bullet under 180 grains is unmanly!

Worse, I was rebuffed by an employee who was rude enough to point out that the rifle did, in fact, meet their guarantee! The arrogance!

What was I to do?! Well, let me tell you, I penned a strong letter to Mr. Adam Weatherby! Of course I had to explain to him I’ve been everywhere and done everything, and did it when his dad was just a gleam in his grandad’s eye.

And Adam called me! At home! And held my hand over the phone. Wowwee! Coronavirus or no, I’ll never wash that hand again.

Honestly, I’m relieved. I WAS going to out the company to the world! And let me tell you men, I can be a raging BULL when a company pisses me off by making a product that meets their guarantee. I was prepared to tell on Weatherby to Mr. MuleDeer and other gun “scribes.” And, next time I went to DSC (in my safari hat with the leopard tail hat band), I was going to tell EVERYONE that Weatherby sucks! And then I was going to tell the whole world via the internet! I’m telling you, I had my nasty Yelp review mostly written!

No dog in this but I read that more in a Ted Knight voice. Judge Smails.
Originally Posted by teal
WEATHERBY.

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge

I knew there was a reason I read this disaster to the very end. Both hilarious, but I have to think Thurston Howell is too well bred to ever speak in capital letters.
WEATHERBY.

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge

Mr. Teal,

You may have a future as a casting director.

Rufus seems to agree with your call, but I thought Thurston bloviated with the best of them.

Let's take a poll here: who votes for Judge Smails and who votes for Thurston Howell III?
WEATHERBY.

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge

Texas Photog's post and the reference to Thurston Howell III were inspired, but Ted Knight is pure genius.
Why do campfire threads have to always take this route?

Plenty of you guys can criticize the O.P. ( Jorge)... but in scanning the rest of the posts after getting thru page 4..
I see no one really address, how they would have handled purchasing a rifle for the amount a Mark V costs,
and it not performing up to the specs as it is sold...

and I guess a real "campfire man" would have taken the responses "Chip" gave the OP, and just been satisfied with it?
while taking the time tho to criticize the OP for not doing so....calling him a snow flake etc..

There are plenty of folks here who come to the campfire to criticize others, while offering no solutions to the post on what they would have done differently.....

And they wonder why so many good folks have left here...

and the same ones that love to criticize others, are the ones that seem to get the most sensitive when they are suddenly in the crosshairs....

now lets watch the accusations fly at me, after posting this....

Jorge... sorta off topic at this point, but glad your situation is taken care of...
you got to the man, who owns the company.. and let him know as a customer you had an issue...

as a person who runs a company, I appreciate it when a customer lets me know about some dissatisfaction that they have, as it allows me to take care of it and make it right... vs relying on someone else to just let it go..

probably a news flash to some critics on here.. both the average person who has a good experience on a situation like this, will normally tell 10 to 12 people about it... someone feels screwed will tell everyone who will listen...

from Adam Weatherby's chair, I'll bet he's glad he had to opportunity to know about it, and to be able to correct it...
regardless of what the campfire 'experts' and critics may think....most of them think they are smarter than everyone else anyway.
Originally Posted by SpritWalker

I'm really not sure why the retards antics are tolerated around here.
WEATHERBY.

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge

Mr. Teal,

You may have a future as a casting director.

Rufus seems to agree with your call, but I thought Thurston bloviated with the best of them.

Let's take a poll here: who votes for Judge Smails and who votes for Thurston Howell III?

I already have a casting couch, ready to go.

Now if you'all will excuse me, I'll be in my bunk.
Originally Posted by AU7MM08

He adds to the click rate and every click is money in Rick's pocket. If you put Larry on "ignore" he ceases to exist.
The boy is in serious need of some vitamin P.
Looks like it's time to start beating up on Fug Stick again.
Originally Posted by AU7MM08

He adds to the click rate and every click is money in Rick's pocket. If you put Larry on "ignore" he ceases to exist.

Bingo, although he has used aliases before but he wasn't fooling anyone with them.
Well done Jorge !
How many people send Rugers, Winchesters, or Remingtons back because of issues ?
Look at the bitching about the Kimber roulette !
You took direct measures.
Well done........
Originally Posted by Seafire
Why do campfire threads have to always take this route?

Plenty of you guys can criticize the O.P. ( Jorge)... but in scanning the rest of the posts after getting thru page 4..
I see no one really address, how they would have handled purchasing a rifle for the amount a Mark V costs,
and it not performing up to the specs as it is sold...

and I guess a real "campfire man" would have taken the responses "Chip" gave the OP, and just been satisfied with it?
while taking the time tho to criticize the OP for not doing so....calling him a snow flake etc..

There are plenty of folks here who come to the campfire to criticize others, while offering no solutions to the post on what they would have done differently.....

And they wonder why so many good folks have left here...

and the same ones that love to criticize others, are the ones that seem to get the most sensitive when they are suddenly in the crosshairs....

now lets watch the accusations fly at me, after posting this....

Jorge... sorta off topic at this point, but glad your situation is taken care of...
you got to the man, who owns the company.. and let him know as a customer you had an issue...

as a person who runs a company, I appreciate it when a customer lets me know about some dissatisfaction that they have, as it allows me to take care of it and make it right... vs relying on someone else to just let it go..

probably a news flash to some critics on here.. both the average person who has a good experience on a situation like this, will normally tell 10 to 12 people about it... someone feels screwed will tell everyone who will listen...

from Adam Weatherby's chair, I'll bet he's glad he had to opportunity to know about it, and to be able to correct it...
regardless of what the campfire 'experts' and critics may think....most of them think they are smarter than everyone else anyway.
]

Since you run a company:

You have a policy and Chip being an employee is supposed to follow policy. Customer calls and you being the boss expect Chip to follow policy. Now the product is processed thru warranty testing, and after it comes up threw the chain, Chip is told the product was up to specs and here are the reasons. What is Chip supposed to do? Take it on his own to ignore your directive? If you had an entire workforce of Chips who ignored your directives, that would be ok?

Chips response in this case, was the response he was directed to give by upper management.....

We have an obvious pompous, self admitted demanding individual, who likes to apply stress to underlings in order to have things done his way, telling us how Chip supposedly handled his situation. Who you going to believe....

Trump has his work cut out for him, if he thinks he can drain the entire DC bureaucratic swamp....

Addition: Ted Knight gets my vote....
Just musing, but I wonder how sincere Mr. Weatherby really was?

Any executive worth his/her sale can smoothly lay on the grease in order to placate a dissatisfied customer.

Not saying that my musings are germane to Jorge's interaction with Mr. Weatherby, but having been on the other side, well, just musing.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
The Customer is always right without exception especially in the age we live in.

It amazes me how many people think this is correct !

Extensive customer service, face to face sales, management & business ownership experience says different.

The customer, is not always right, but they always come first !

YMMV
I’ll start by saying that I have always thought Jorge to be a pretty classy dude. It would take a lot more than this to make me think otherwise.

From a sales perspective, I would be glad and grateful that he made me aware of the situation. The train can come off the rails in situations like this, and that isn’t necessary. I’d jump through some hoops to keep him as a loyal customer.

Considering the relationship, I would be a bit taken back, and a bit disappointed, by the tone of the letter. I may also have been a bit disappointed in my customer service representative? No real right or wrong in this whole situation. Everyone involved had a judgment call to make. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you don’t. I have some very good customers that take a similar approach to a comparable situation. I tend to shake my head, shrug my shoulders, and proceeded to fix the problem. While I consider them “very good” customers, they never become “partner “ accounts. Just sayin.... The bottom line is, if you are a successful organization, you get it right most of the time.
]

Since you run a company:

You have a policy and Chip being an employee is supposed to follow policy. Customer calls and you being the boss expect Chip to follow policy. Now the product is processed thru warranty testing, and after it comes up threw the chain, Chip is told the product was up to specs and here are the reasons. What is Chip supposed to do? Take it on his own to ignore your directive? If you had an entire workforce of Chips who ignored your directives, that would be ok?

Chips response in this case, was the response he was directed to give by upper management.....

We have an obvious pompous, self admitted demanding individual telling us how Chip supposedly handled his situation. Who you going to believe....

EXACTLY. And Adam's response to me was "we are still learning the new process regarding this issue (accuracy guarantee without providing a larget with all their rifles like they used to and letting the customer decide) and your letter served as an indicator we need to revisit our processes". This was specifically valid in the way they achieved the accuracy guarantee which was precisely backwards, instead of tuning the rifles for more appropriate loads (by their own words, the 140-160 grain bullets are preferred), they went through their inventory of ammunition until they found one that barely met specs with vertical stringing, but I'm sure the ankle biters here will come up with some more witty remarks that bring nothing to the discussion, other than their obvious shortcomings and hangups. Maybe next time I'll just expect mediocrity, say nothing even when talked down to and sell the rifle at a loss, but that would be "un-pompous" of me...
The only time I had an issue with a bee Adam made it right. And yes Jorge I understand the issue with the 120 loads in the 7 bee. That is like having a 378 bee that shoots only the 235 grain Speers.
I had the same issue with a Sako finlight 270 that loves 140 grain bullets but won’t shoot 130 grain for it’s life....

I bought the 270 to run 130’s.... Sako practices basically said use 140’s if it doesn’t shoot, then return it.... I choose to rebarrel it..
[ but that was only with 120 grain triple shocks and, as we all know, any bullet under 180 grains is unmanly!

7 boxes (20 rounds each) of new factory154 grain 7mm Remington Magnum Hornady Whitetail ammo for sale.

These feature the 154 grain Interlock and they dig deep.

They're $32.99/box + shipping at Midway. Midway link

$189 total (that's $27/box) shipped to you in the lower 48.

No trades, thanks.

Maybe you should try those 180gr 7 Mags or maybe the 120s will be gentler on you? On the Ted Knight impression, boy, I'd sure like to talk like that, but let me ask you this: is "deer" a two syllable word for you? Do you spell "acorn" with one or two "r"s and here's the bonus question; how do you spell the lubricant that goes in your crankcase two or three letters?
]

Since you run a company:

We have an obvious pompous, self admitted demanding individual telling us how Chip supposedly handled his situation. Who you going to believe....

EXACTLY. And Adam's response to me was "we are still learning the new process regarding this issue (accuracy guarantee without providing a larget with all their rifles like they used to and letting the customer decide) and your letter served as an indicator we need to revisit our processes". This was specifically valid in the way they achieved the accuracy guarantee which was precisely backwards, instead of tuning the rifles for more appropriate loads (by their own words, the 140-160 grain bullets are preferred), they went through their inventory of ammunition until they found one that barely met specs with vertical stringing, but I'm sure the ankle biters here will come up with some more witty remarks that bring nothing to the discussion, other than their obvious shortcomings and hangups. Maybe next time I'll just expect mediocrity, say nothing even when talked down to and sell the rifle at a loss, but that would be "un-pompous" of me...

I can't read Weatherby's mind re him thinking you being pompous or not. I can make a conclusion from what you present here. Seems as if a little stress has you on edge....hea???? you deserve it, enjoy the squirm....
[ Seems as if a little stress has you on edge....hea???? you deserve it, enjoy the squirm....

Stress, from an internet "discussion" with someone I don't know? obviously your bar for stress is several orders of magnitude below mine. Maybe your senior center has a class for that..
Then why do you respond? Shouting caps and all....I know, you just want to help me to understand....Rest assured, I get it all....

I could go to the senior center class, but there is no need as of now. But, I also understand your need under stress to try and hit back....Little more than a stressful strike into thin air....Once again, I get it....
Recent times have shown clearly, to me at least, that here in the homeland that manufacturers and service businesses have generally embraced mediocrity as a performance standard. The only thing that will change that is their customers. Jorge did it right IMO. Sometimes I do it his way, sometimes I don’t give them a second chance.
You don't seem to mind seniors....as long as they can serve your grandiosity...DSC???? grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And to add, I find absolutely nothing wrong with the Safari Club....I'm sure they do good work and have fun....But for sure, there are more than a few seniors in that club....center????
Good on jorgel for taking his problem to the top. And I'm glad his concerns were addressed to his satisfaction. That's what I do when not satisfied with a product or service. Give the work force one chance to solve the problem. If they fail, go to the top. Works for me and jorgel too.
Perhaps he should have taken the loss and traded it in for something else. I am sure there are many here who have done that.

He gave Weatherby the chance to correct things when he talked to customer service and got nowhere. He praised the way Adam Weatherby called him and made things right.

Some of you have no idea how companies and corporations exist today. In the old days I have walked into Winchester Repeating Arms in New Haven with an out of production shotgun and waited in the lobby as a supervisor tested my shotgun (Super X Mod1) and then replaced the worn part free of charge. I walked into Mossberg with my slug gun and a target showing dismal accuracy and walked out (after they tried it themselves) with a new barrel. All in the same day. That was the way they used to handle issues with “Customers”. Marlin was the same way.

That was the past. Today I can’t send anything to Mossberg in North Haven, and Winchester is a brand. I think some here need to grow up.
You don't seem to mind seniors....as long as they can serve your grandiosity...DSC???? grin

And to add, I find absolutely nothing wrong with the Safari Club....I'm sure they do good work and have fun....But for sure, there are more than a few seniors in that club....center????

Nice edit, but no cigar. I too am a senior I suppose, but perhaps a better caption would be "a bunch of guys whose stress levels need a lot more than constant stalking from an internet ankle biter?"...
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
The Customer is always right without exception especially in the age we live in.

It amazes me how many people think this is correct !

Extensive customer service, face to face sales, management & business ownership experience says different.

The customer, is not always right, but they always come first !

YMMV

Whether they are right or wrong they are right. They could have spent their money elsewhere they decided to spend it with you.
Again, only partly true...and this is how it can be done today....

You can take certain firearms to a manufactures tent at some events and they will have a smith on duty. Depending on the issue there may or not be a charge...

For shotguns: Beretta, Benelli, Remington, Winchester, Perazzi, Krieghoff, Zoil, etc are sometimes all available at the same time.

I suspect at the big pistol and rifle events, the companies are also there to service their customers....

Nice edit, but no cigar. I too am a senior I suppose, but perhaps a better caption would be "a bunch of guys whose stress levels need a lot more than constant stalking from an internet ankle biter?"...

Let me help you out and post your esteemed pic up again....But then why do you keep responding....

Anyway, I didn't bite any ankles....However, you showed your azzzz..... laugh

Now, you are so easy, that I'm out. You can now throw in the last dig....Break a leg....
Weatherby went outside their POLICY to fix it for Jorge. Good for them but that doesn't change the fact that they "typicaly" don't fix issues the way this particular one was.

The perceived "arrogance/hubris" isn't in the fact he complained or went over Chip's head. It's in "I know gun writers . Will badmouth you to them. I will go to DSC and do it there too."

1. Assumes writers have so little integrity they wouldn't come to their own conclusion but let themselves be influenced by 1 man with 1 experience.

2. Assumes everyone at the DSC hold him in such regard, they would also trash Wby based off one man's singular experience.

That reeks of self importance. And honestly, were such a person so important - they wouldn't write Adam a letter, they simply pick up the phone and dial direct. I'm guessing if your last name was Boddington - that might be a possibility.

And before someone claims I don't understand how CS works - I'm customer facing for one of the largest private companies in the world. Just because you fix something for a customer, does NOT make them "right". Actually, you end up fixing the issue they didn't even know they had which takes care of what they thought they had for a problem.

It's in "I know gun writers . Will badmouth you to them. I will go to DSC and do it there too."

!. I never said that in my letter, but rather expressed it as an option in my OP and further explained as it had precisely worked for me with Browning as in a "letters to the editor" to include DSC. My issues were dissatisfaction with the CS rep and the range fee. As to who I know (or don't) that could have been an option and so stated as in " I know so and so and I'm going to tell them", but that would have come across as pompous smile

You two need to put your Mahatma Ghandhi playbook aside. Caste, really? It was a joke

car salesmen

Oh and the rifle's on it's way back, courtesy of the outstanding company Weatherby is, pre-paid, next day air. And just to illustrate what a prompt and good response can lead to, while on the phone with them this morning, I placed an order for their new Back Country 6.5 Weatherby RPM.
..........................Jorge.............Glad to read that you are getting your rifle back. Rather than go through this entire thread to see, did Weatherby tell you what the problem was? And did they range test it using factory ammo with the heavier bullets?
They asked for the rifle back and emailed me a UPS label. Went back yesterday. The groups with the 120s were within specs, but vertically strung out. Once they tell me and I'll post the results. My hope is it will shoot with 140-160s or thereabouts.
Just my SWAG,it sounds like a bedding problem.

I'll be interested in what they find out.

y.

I wouldn't call him a snowflake personally, but here's why I think Jorge got a ration of sh** for his OP. Take it as you will.

The salient points are that he bought a Weatherby rifle that didn't shoot, he tried to get it corrected through their CS and got no satisfaction, sent a letter to the CEO, and then got a phone call from the CEO and a promise to fix the problem.

That's a great story and if he'd stopped there I don't believe anyone would have taken issue with that.

But when he added in how many Weatherby's he's bought, how many gun writers he knows, and how many contacts he has at DSC that he could use to wreck their reputation, and even the implication that he could damage their reputation, that was grandiosity plain and simple. Especially since he got the call from the CEO and none of that stuff was ever necessary.

And we didn't need to see the letter either. Just the facts: I went to the top, got a personal call, and a promise to fix the problem.

Can someone point out Jorge to me in this picture?

y.

I wouldn't call him a snowflake personally, but here's why I think Jorge got a ration of sh** for his OP. Take it as you will.

The salient points are that he bought a Weatherby rifle that didn't shoot, he tried to get it corrected through their CS and got no satisfaction, sent a letter to the CEO, and then got a phone call from the CEO and a promise to fix the problem.

That's a great story and if he'd stopped there I don't believe anyone would have taken issue with that.

But when he added in how many Weatherby's he's bought, how many gun writers he knows, and how many contacts he has at DSC that he could use to wreck their reputation, and even the implication that he could damage their reputation, that was grandiosity plain and simple. Especially since he got the call from the CEO and none of that stuff was ever necessary.

And we didn't need to see the letter either. Just the facts: I went to the top, got a personal call, and a promise to fix the problem.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, after all this is a forum to do just that. You are not alone either, but then again neither am I. As to the "who I know issue", point taken, perhaps a "letters to editors" (including DSC's "Campfire" magazine would have ruffled less feathers among the righteous....
They asked for the rifle back and emailed me a UPS label. Went back yesterday. The groups with the 120s were within specs, but vertically strung out. Once they tell me and I'll post the results. My hope is it will shoot with 140-160s or thereabouts.
..........................Yep....I can understand your concern. Why own a 7mm mag, whether it be a Remington, Nosler, or Weatherby, if you have accuracy issues with the heavier bullets? Defeats the purpose of owning a 7mm magnum. And why Weatherby would use only 120 grainers for an accuracy test is somewhat baffling.............Hopefully things turn out well.

The old man smell is running strong in that room.

y.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, after all this is a forum to do just that. You are not alone either, but then again neither am I. As to the "who I know issue", point taken, perhaps a "letters to editors" (including DSC's "Campfire" magazine would have ruffled less feathers among the righteous....

In light of your OP I think it's ironic that you now refer to others derisively as "the righteous," but you are also entitled to your own opinion.
Maybe so, perhaps holier than though... I'll work on it...
LOL, Jorge, if everyone here dropped the holier-than-thou, Rick Bin would be out of business.
LOL, Jorge, if everyone here dropped the holier-than-thou, Rick Bin would be out of business.

profundity right there...
Posted By: 79S Re: A RESPONSE FROM A GOOD COMPANY - 03/06/20
WEATHERBY.

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Sincerely,
Jorge

Hey I thought you said your wife and son bought you those rifles for Christmas?
And poor ph ucking chip got smashed by the bus..
Originally Posted by roundoak

Standing, 4th from left.
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=jorgeI]

She did, with my money smile

Edited to add: I said purchased to simplify things and to avoid criticisms , but obviously that failed too..
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=jorgeI]

She did, with my money smile
it ain't much of a gift if your money paid for it.
Originally Posted by pointer

Standing, 4th from left.

Oh, I would of thought with the size of his ego it would be the gentleman 3rd from the left. grin
[ but that was only with 120 grain triple shocks and, as we all know, any bullet under 180 grains is unmanly!

7 boxes (20 rounds each) of new factory154 grain 7mm Remington Magnum Hornady Whitetail ammo for sale.

These feature the 154 grain Interlock and they dig deep.

They're $32.99/box + shipping at Midway. Midway link

$189 total (that's $27/box) shipped to you in the lower 48.

No trades, thanks.

Maybe you should try those 180gr 7 Mags or maybe the 120s will be gentler on you? On the Ted Knight impression, boy, I'd sure like to talk like that, but let me ask you this: is "deer" a two syllable word for you? Do you spell "acorn" with one or two "r"s and here's the bonus question; how do you spell the lubricant that goes in your crankcase two or three letters?

I can't take credit for the Ted Knight idea. It was Teal who nailed that part.

My WEATHERBY 7 Rem mag bugholes with 162 ELDx's with either Reloader 26. It also shoots well under an inch using Reloader 26 and 175 ELDx's and 180 ELDm's. I've only tried one overall length for those two so far, so I'm pretty sure I can improve on them. My only real complaint is the rifle eats scopes with those loads.

Don't be afraid to try those 120's, Jorge. They dig deep.

Thanks for the publicity for my advert.

Center? That would be General Chuck Yeager.

Strange that anyone would throw a snide remark his way.
The fire can be a strange place
Since it is you and not Jorgel and I’m on the header.

Who referred anything snide about any of the others? I certainly didn’t and I didn’t see were anyone else did. I did throw out a SA arrow, but it was clear who it was aimed at.

From what I’ve read Mr Yeagers ego always seems to be publicly in check. More should follow his example. The fact he is a senior goes with living long.

Especially strange when some try to bring those not involved into the thread

1980 called they want their norma MRP back..
Oh, I would of thought with the size of his ego it would be the gentleman 3rd from the left. grin

That guy commanded an EA-6B Squadron in combat, the USS Denver (LPD-9), the carriers USS John F Kennedy and USS Kitty Hawk. His ego is "sufficient" for now grin. We're having lunch Sunday and have been friends for over 30 years.

Jorge and Hatari and I have been discussing this rifle and it's issues for a few weeks as Jorge tried to make it work. He wrote a good letter that defined his experience with Weatherby's, what he had attempted to do to solve the problem, his desire for remediation and dissatisfaction with the customer service he had experienced to date and the consequences of continued dissatisfaction. We can quibble over wording but it's exactly the format that I was taught to write customer complaint letters in years ago and it has served me well in similar situations and served him well here.

The strength of the Campfire is the diversity of deep experience on virtually any topic. The weakness of the Campfire is that so many people don't recognize their opinion may be wrong in the face of that experience.
Originally Posted by Pugs
The weakness of the Campfire is that so many people don't recognize their opinion may be wrong in the face of that experience.

Like Jorge said, everyone's entitled to his opinion. As far as choosing sides, who's right or wrong, etc., would you say your opinion is unbiased?
Originally Posted by 79S

1898 called and they want their Mausers back. Maybe I should have said RL-22...
The weakness of the Campfire is that so many people don't recognize their opinion may be wrong in the face of that experience.

Like Jorge said, everyone's entitled to his opinion. As far as choosing sides, who's right or wrong, etc., would you say your opinion is unbiased?

Nope. None of our opinions are ever unbiased about anything. They are driven by experience, our own and others we trust, and by things we read and learn. In this case I have more than his post to go on and that's enough for me to believe he acted appropriatly to the situation and the response from Weatherby validated his actions. If they had told him to pound sand then my opinion would be wrong to some degree. (amount wrong tbd grin )

I try and avoid being one of those people my dear departed friend 7x57Steve observed "often wrong but never uncertain". Learning in all its forms is a lifelong endeavor.

That guy commanded an EA-6B Squadron in combat, the USS Denver (LPD-9), the carriers USS John F Kennedy and USS Kitty Hawk. His ego is "sufficient" for now grin. We're having lunch Sunday and have been friends for over 30 years.

Jorge and Hatari and I have been discussing this rifle and it's issues for a few weeks as Jorge tried to make it work. He wrote a good letter that defined his experience with Weatherby's, what he had attempted to do to solve the problem, his desire for remediation and dissatisfaction with the customer service he had experienced to date and the consequences of continued dissatisfaction. We can quibble over wording but it's exactly the format that I was taught to write customer complaint letters in years ago and it has served me well in similar situations and served him well here.

The strength of the Campfire is the diversity of deep experience on virtually any topic. The weakness of the Campfire is that so many people don't recognize their opinion may be wrong in the face of that experience.

Many of us were wondering when you were going to chime in with a defense. What we got was a semi-biography that is supposed to impress me and maybe others. Opinions, everyone has one. Here is a short version of mine. Jorge started with a big splash capital letter thread title and then proceeded to show the campfire and Weatherby he is not to be ignored and a person to be reckoned with. He was capable of trashing Weatherby with every publication he knows, as well as gun scribes who he has a personal relationship with and last but not least, the Dallas Safari Club. In short, a real force to be reckoned with.

To further his importance he shared the letter sent to Weatherby letting him know that he has bought a lot of his rifles and used them to take many game species "world-wide from Africa to all over the United States." Then he told Weatherby people like him "will and do spend more to get more." Really what he was saying, fix my problem or I won't be buying Weatherby's in the future.

Then Jorge really showed us his nose in the air when he could not believe he was being chastised by a used car salesman.

It appears his big VIP splash did not turn out the way he planned, but the upside is he may get his rifle fixed.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
The fire can be a strange place

And more often than not a [bleep] show
Posted By: 79S Re: A RESPONSE FROM A GOOD COMPANY - 03/07/20
Originally Posted by 79S

1898 called and they want their Mausers back. Maybe I should have said RL-22...

No maybe try another powder... and poor ph ucking Chip, been stuck on I90 crosswalk duty..
Ph cking Chip, poor bastard called out to the head honcho of the company.. Chip in the break room, sipping coffee. Grabs an apple fritter not a care in the world, man he works at Weatherby what more can a guy ask for.. takes a bite of his apple fritter. Carl comes running in out of breath, going mr,mr,mr Wea..... Chip looks at him, tells Carl spit it out man.. Carl say Mr. Weatherby wants to see you.. Chip, smiles thinks to himself I'm getting promoted, life cannot get better.. He takes a drink of coffee eats his fritter and makes the walk.... 2 hours later Chip at unemployment office looking for a job..
Wow! Dallas Safari Club? All those exotic hunting locales and gun writers at your disposal, then to top it all a call from Adam Weatherby himself? .....I am indeed much impressed, in awe even!! .....I hope you get your rifle fixed so you don't have to unleash the beast 😁.....Good luck......Hb
Poor chip couldn’t compete with any of that, all he had was his loyalty card to harbor freight.. poor chip
Opinions, everyone has one.

Good summary.
....Opinions, everyone has one. Here is a short version of mine. Jorge started with a big splash capital letter thread title and then proceeded to show the campfire and Weatherby he is not to be ignored and a person to be reckoned with. He was capable of trashing Weatherby with every publication he knows, as well as gun scribes who he has a personal relationship with and last but not least, the Dallas Safari Club. In short, a real force to be reckoned with.
Blah, blah, blah.

Blah.
Like you wouldn't throw whatever weight you perceive yourself as having in order to get something fixed.
I'd be telling them I planned to spend a million bucks with them next year, but the $198 is jeopardizing that. laugh

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
In this case I have more than his post to go on and that's enough for me to believe he acted appropriatly to the situation and the response from Weatherby validated his actions.

Two points. First,coming to the defense of your friend is admirable but as far as forming an opinion, those of us who don't know Jorge have the advantage. We're not considering his traits, good bad or indifferent when we form our opinions, we're just looking at the words he posted here. That is what we're talking about, right?

Second, as far as Weatherby "validating his actions," that's totally irrelevant because no one has criticized him for writing the letter or going straight to the top to get the situation rectified. The only thing people have criticized him for is what he posted here about it, after the fact.
Just read this whole thread. UNCLE.

Jorge, I look forward to hearing about how your rifle turns out.
I think there are many here who should think seriously if they would speak the same way in person to one another as they do from their keyboards. Especially given that despite the diversity alluded to, most people on this forum have a lot more in common than not.
And finally to whatever twit wrote the comment about the "old man smell [being] strong" in that room full of heroes - shame on you.

Out,
Rex

[EDIT - and I wrote that final line having taken my own advice and considered if I would say that to his face.]
Originally Posted by TRexF16

I think there are many here who should think seriously if they would speak the same way in person to one another as they do from their keyboards. Especially given that despite the diversity alluded to, most people on this forum have a lot more in common than not.
And finally to whatever twit wrote the comment about the "old man smell [being] strong" in that room full of heroes - shame on you.

Out,
Rex

[EDIT - and I wrote that final line having taken my own advice and considered if I would say that to his face.]

Oh chit, what next telling people to fly to your home of resident so you can whip their asses?? You notice the bad asses that want to deal out justice never say I'm flying to where you live and whip your ass. Its always "oh yeah well, why don't you fly here and come to my house and say that to my face". Never made sense to me why would I fly to a place to potentially get an ass whooping? No one is going to pay to fly, get a rental car, ask the person looking to give you an ass whooping their address etc.
lets not forget about Chip getting fired... Poor bastard you know how many phone calls that dude gets everyday from people who cant get their weatherby to shoot..

Originally Posted by 79S
lets not forget about Chip getting fired... Poor bastard you know how many phone calls that dude gets everyday from people who cant get their weatherby to shoot..

Wrong on both counts, but that seems to be par for the course...He was not fired. It was CHIP who called me the next day to say the email was coming with the UPS label link and the RMA code to return. but hell. don't take my toed for it, call their customer service on Monday and ask for Chip and report back to us....
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TRexF16

Out,
Rex

Oh chit, what next telling people to fly to your home of resident so you can whip their asses?? You notice the bad asses that want to deal out justice never say I'm flying to where you live and whip your ass. Its always "oh yeah well, why don't you fly here and come to my house and say that to my face". Never made sense to me why would I fly to a place to potentially get an ass whooping? No one is going to pay to fly, get a rental car, ask the person looking to give you an ass whooping their address etc.

You completely missed my point. I don't want to whip anyone's @ss. I'd just like to see folks behave like grownups. I never considered that people's reason for being such jerks to one another was because there is little threat of an @ss whoopin' on an internet forum. I just thought most people would actually be better and nicer people than to treat one another like that in person, but for some reason the anonymity of an internet forum seems to seduce some folks into behaviors that they are actually genuinely "better than" in person. Not because they fear violence, because they were just raised to behave better than that. I believe most of the folks here were raised better than that, and I am puzzled by the whole internet forum flaming effect in general.
For the love of Pete, can't we act like gentlemen (or ladies, as applicable)?
Cheers,
Rex
]

Since you run a company:

We have an obvious pompous, self admitted demanding individual, who likes to apply stress to underlings in order to have things done his way, telling us how Chip supposedly handled his situation. Who you going to believe....

Trump has his work cut out for him, if he thinks he can drain the entire DC bureaucratic swamp....

Addition: Ted Knight gets my vote....

Posted By: 79S Re: A RESPONSE FROM A GOOD COMPANY - 03/08/20

Originally Posted by 79S

Wrong on both counts, but that seems to be par for the course...He was not fired. It was CHIP who called me the next day to say the email was coming with the UPS label link and the RMA code to return. but hell. don't take my toed for it, call their customer service on Monday and ask for Chip and report back to us....

Suhweet chip survived to live another day.. I was rooting for Chip the whole time..
Posted By: 79S Re: A RESPONSE FROM A GOOD COMPANY - 03/08/20
The problem isn't with Chip, it's with the guys in the back room shooting this rifle, instead hey this ph ucking thing will only shoot 120's something wrong with it. They instead took the easy way out said it shoots these 120 just fine. Chip is just relaying what he's been told, chit Chip probably doesn't know any better. Ol Mr Weatherby needs to have pep talk with the boys doing the shooting on these rifles.. Not with Chip.. Chip was just the messenger.. far as the OP throwing out who he knows at DSC who cares, or gun writers another who really cares..
Shut yer mouth dumb azz
Posted By: jorgeI END GAME... - 05/29/20
Regardless... a new barrel...

Posted By: hatari Re: END GAME... - 05/29/20
That's Weatherby performance that built the reputation of the product.
Posted By: TRexF16 Re: END GAME... - 05/30/20
Looks like they did you right. Why don't you post some of your own results back to this thread when you get your hands on it.
Glad again they made it right for you.
Check 6,
Rex
Posted By: sidepass Re: END GAME... - 05/30/20
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Bingo!

It's in "I know gun writers . Will badmouth you to them. I will go to DSC and do it there too."

but that would have come across as pompous smile

Catching up on a little reading. That made me chuckle. You wouldn't want to do that.
Had some 160 Partitions (which is what i would like to shoot) with 3X loaded brass and I got this. i'm betting the 140 TTSXs will reduce, but still, a LONG way from the 3" groups I was getting..

Nothing wrong with that group 👍.....Hb
Jorge
Glad they followed through for you. Thanks for posting the end results of the rifle. Let’s other know Weatherby does take care of the customer.
GreggH
Had some 160 Partitions (which is what i would like to shoot) with 3X loaded brass and I got this. i'm betting the 140 TTSXs will reduce, but still, a LONG way from the 3" groups I was getting..

.................Yep.....That is much better. So Weatherby just swapped out the original barrel for ya?
Yes, new barrel.
Looking good!
The velocity level of those loads were not very impressive for going to the expense of a Weatherby. Maybe I'm wrong but those 175 should have been over 3000fps and the 140's over 3300 fps. No argument on the groups but way slow? MB
Did you shoot it today,Jorge?
I did. My 140 TTSXs came in right at 1". The 160NPs shot the same. I just ordered some 168gr TTSX LRX and going to try those.
Thank you.

That is a lot better than before! smile
© 24hourcampfire