G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by GregW
[
I read it and understood it it.

Is that Weatherby's guarantee, that it will shoot the specific factory load that the customer wants under MOA? Had the OP tried any other factory ammunition or just Weatherby's stuff?

Some of this stuff is so basic. This is the game you play shooting factory ammunition sometimes, unfortunately.

Its extremely common to have to try a lot of factory stuff in a rifle to find the ammo that the rifle likes. This is the factory ammunition game a lot of the time, even with high dollar rifles.

No you didn't understand it. Not even close.

Help me understand then. It's not uncommon to have to try to shoot multiple factory loads to find acceptable accuracy?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[
Help me understand then. It's not uncommon to have to try to shoot multiple factory loads to find acceptable accuracy?

Tall order.
1. Not Weatherbys and I've owned dozens
2. The rifle shot only ONE factory load and with a rather useless bullet wright for that caliber, that being 120 grains and those, even though they came in at .92 were vertically stringed..
3. Their written guarantee (it's on their website) says .99 or less with factory ammo. ALL their reasonable bullet weights, 140, 154, 160 and 175, all shot at 3" or more, whereas in all previous 7 mags I owned, they all shot MOA, with of course some better than others and all with the same twist rate.
4. All my previous hand loads that worked in my rifles and for friends I laded for worked fine

Last edited by jorgeI; 03/04/20.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[

Tall order.
2. The rifle shot only ONE factory load and with a rather useless bullet wright for that caliber, that being 120 grains and those, even though they came in at .92 were vertically stringed..
3. Their written guarantee (it's on their website) says .99 or less with factory ammo. ALL their reasonable bullet weights, 140, 154, 160 and 175, all shot at 3" or more, whereas in all previous 7 mags I owned, they all shot MOA, with of course some better than others and all with the same twist rate.
4. All my previous hand loads that worked in my rifles and for friends I laded for worked fine

Ok, no need to be passive agressive. I get it now with your details which were left out intially or murky to understand. I'd say you have a reasonable bitch but I'd say you went about it dramatically.

But, I guess if the rifle did shoot factory ammo under MOA with the 120 TSX, it did technically meet their guarantee.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

- Greg

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[

Tall order.

Ok, no need to be passive agressive. I get it now with your details which were left out intially or murky to understand. I'd say you have a reasonable bitch but I'd say you went about it dramatically.

But, I guess if the rifle did shoot factory ammo under MOA with the 120 TSX, it did technically meet their guarantee.

Like I said, tall order. Apparently others were able to discern that from my OP. No need to be a dick either, but there you are....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[

Tall order.

Like I said, tall order. Apparently others were able to discern that from my OP. No need to be a dick either, but there you are....

Lmao. Ok Jorge....

- Greg

IC B2

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

I agree. But I suspect the OP is accustomed to getting his way based on the tone and wants to brag about it...

there you are

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
In the post you mentioned how you have been a longtime Weatherby fan.

You mentioned how many you have bought and used over the years, and your satisfaction with their rifles.

You threw the loyalty card onto the table.

And then you threatened them with never going to buy another of their rifles, if they didn't resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

My comprehension in this case is spot on....

And for the future perhaps you should consider this.

Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Sounds to me like he paid Adam Weatherby a compliment. Threatening to out them for poor service may not be called for. I would have held off promising bad press until it was resolved for sure one way or the other. Adam may have handled it without the threat.

You think he perhaps would have?

Last edited by battue; 03/04/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd wager a dollar to a dime that the rig is wearing a Leupold (hint).

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I take anyone who uses "hint"...well...you might have to ask the range folks at Weatherby that irrelevant question..

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Where do you take anyone who uses hint?

A rifle won't group and the possibility that its the scope is an irrelevant question? Never trust a scope, especially a Leupold. Any shooter knows to look at the scope and mounting system first.

IC B3

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue
In the post you mentioned how you have been a longtime Weatherby fan.

You mentioned how many you have bought and used over the years, and your satisfaction with their rifles.

You threw the loyalty card onto the table.

And then you threatened them with never going to buy another of their rifles, if they didn't resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

My comprehension in this case is spot on....

And for the future perhaps you should consider this.

Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Sounds to me like he paid Adam Weatherby a compliment. Threatening to out them for poor service may not be called for. I would have held off promising bad press until it was resolved for sure one way or the other. Adam may have handled it without the threat.

You think he perhaps would have?

Yeah your comprehension is way off. NOWHERE in my letter to him did I say that. I said it at the start of the post but NOT in the letter. Yeah you need to work on that and so throes the other guy.

Here you go: The only "threat" was the issue of the range fee. Nowhere is there a threat about bad press:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Pursuant to my conversations with customer service, I sent my 7mm Weatherby magnum to you for inspection and evaluation as a result of poor grouping with factory ammo (targets enclosed with rifle). I have been a Weatherby owner since the early 80s. I purchased my first rifle from your old store on Firestone Boulevard in South Gate from your grandfather himself and since then have owned dozens, with my current inventory of six Weatherbys, all MKVs and with them I have taken over three dozen species of game world-wide from Africa to all over the United States. In December 2019, I purchased a pair of your Weathermarks, one in 340 (Paso Robles rifle) and the other a 7mm (Wyoming rifle). The 340 shoots like all other Weatherbys I've owned, well under MOA with most sub half MOA.

However, the 7mm simply does not shoot with any ammunition I tried, both factory Weatherby ammo and my time tested hand loads using the old Weatherby Guide (1985 and older) “Factory Equivalent loads" with Norma MRP. Those loads always grouped exactly like the factory ammo on every Weatherby caliber, including two previous 7mm Weatherbys. I tried 140 gr Barnes TTSXs, 160 gr Nosler Partitions, 154 and 175 grain Hornady Interlocks (both factory ammo and my own hand loads) and the best group was right at 2.5", clearly unsatisfactory and way outside your written .99" guarantee.

While I realize nothing is flawless and I expected your company would make this right, I have to admit I was taken aback when your Customer Service representative (Chip?) informed, me in a condescending way, the rifle was tested and met the accuracy standard using factory 120gr TSX ammunition, which to be honest, is a less than optimum bullet weight for that cartridge and had I known that, I would have never purchased that rifle. Granted, it’s my opinion based on experience, but that caliber is much better suited for 140-160gr bullet weights. Moreover, when he told me I would be charged a 198 dollar "range fee" to correct the problem, in addition to the shipping costs, frankly, I was flabbergasted.
In years past, you used to provide a factory target with each rifle and while I can appreciate and understand your "Range Certified" selling point to justify a higher price that now includes a target, I do not see how you can charge me, the customer to fix a rifle that should have never left your warehouse, not even close to your factory guarantee with REASONABLE bullets weights using your factory ammo. I have to be perfectly up front with you that if I have to pay for this range fee I will do so, but I will have purchased my last Weatherby.

Frankly, I hope that what I heard was in error. You are Weatherby! There is a reason I have purchased and enjoyed Weatherby Rifles over the past 40 years. I am the customer you want, i.e. the loyal repeat customer that sings the praises of America's finest rifles. Weatherby was started by a your grandfather, with a passion for perfection,, not a Wall Street Investment Capital Group. Performance matters. People like me will and do spend more to get more and that means more quality and top customer service, not more run around. You are Weatherby and I had every confidence that your folks would have worked with me on this, but now I was informed the rifle Is on its way back to me and once I received it, I will trade it in or sell it, with the caveat to the prospective buyer, this rifle only shoots with a bullet weight suitable for deer or smaller game. I ever thought the day would come, but here we are. If you would like further information or would like to discuss, I am available anytime

Sincerely,
Jorge

Last edited by jorgeI; 03/04/20.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
How about TWO scopes, neither of them a Leupold, but to answer your question: with a grain of salt...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks for saving me the time.

You just quoted your own threat....to not purchase another, unless the issue was solved to your satisfaction....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
All the particulars aside....You still came on here and essentially whined. When you could have solved it between you and Weatherby. Which is a question you didn't want to answer....

Never have had a problem with you in the past. But it gets old, having old guys embarrass the rest of us old guys.....

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It gets old when people with reading comprehension skills get so incredibly pedantic and turned around with your own gobbledygook, you don't know which way is up. There was never any threat of bad press in my letter and if winning means writing a letter pointing out company maladies he might not know about (and he didn't ) there again is that pesky comprehension issue... The locus of my post was to PRAISE them. Most here got it....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by barm
I am glad you are getting your rifle fixed. It sounds like Adam is a stand-up guy. Next time don't post the letter.

Bingo.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There was a threat and you quoted it yourself, you can post there was none there, but it is there for all to read...You want to think you did them a favor with your self grandiose post then enjoy the fleeting fame....Other than that carry on with your old folks buggy....

Some additional focus next time may avoid certain issues....

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I think you meant "self aggrandizing " that's ok, I get it...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by barm
I am glad you are getting your rifle fixed. It sounds like Adam is a stand-up guy. Next time don't post the letter.

Bingo.

No, there was nothing wrong with the letter. You have been told....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Well,

My reply will be loyalty must mean something different here than with some of you. One error, minor mistake or failure to meet my expectations would not be justification to publicly prove I made them squeal.

“Why I even made the big guy personally call me, and I’m going to tell the world he did.”

agree completely, i run a dealership, i have had people who have been 20 year customers threaten to never buy a car from me again over a bad battery, of which i told them i would replace. The im going to throw a fit until i get my way people of the world drive me up a wall.........just my 2 cents and im on the other end of this phone call a ton. Last week a customer of many years called me, had bought a used vehicle 11 months prior, had put 17,000 miles on the vehicle, threatened to slander my store in all social media avenues if I did not pay for her new tires, needless to say she is still probably posting tonight and I do not care. Everyone she is asssociated with has probably heard the same song and dance about every other place she shiets on when she doesnt get her way.

guns to me are like legal crack
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, 01Foreman400, 79S, AB2506, 8 invisible), 925 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,096
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.