Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
WEATHERBY.

Adam Weatherby personally called me last night. The narrative below pretty much explains the reason and his personal guarantee to me he's going to make it right. It pays to write a good letter and good companies respond in kind:

SYNOPSIS: I never thought the day would come, but here we are. I recently purchased one of the new "Wyoming Guns" in 7 Mag. This was my third in that caliber, all shot well under MOA. This one however, was a DOG.

So I wrote them a note (below) and followed up with a phone call to their customer service. First they told me there would be a charge of 198 bucks for a "range fee" in order to test the gun. To which I responded, so I'm paying for something you guarantee in writing"? not happening.

Never heard from them so I called them about six weeks ago and they said the gun had been "safety checked" and was awaiting range time. Last week I called back and some irreverant and condescending employee, after first chastising (or trying to) for my "impatience" he proceeded to tell me the gun passed their range test of .89 and .99 using 120gr Barnes TSX ammo. So the gun apparently ONLY shoots with that ammo (see my notes below). Personally, a 120gr is total horseshit in a 7 mag (in my opinion), but had I known this, I would have never even considered it. Suffice it to say, I planned to out them with every publication I know as well as several gun scribes whom I have a personal relationship with, as well as Dallas Safari Club etc. but I figured before I did any of this, I'd Adam Weatherby a note

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Pursuant to my conversations with customer service, I sent my 7mm Weatherby magnum to you for inspection and evaluation as a result of poor grouping with factory ammo (targets enclosed with rifle). I have been a Weatherby owner since the early 80s. I purchased my first rifle from your old store on Firestone Boulevard in South Gate from your grandfather himself and since then have owned dozens, with my current inventory of six Weatherbys, all MKVs and with them I have taken over three dozen species of game world-wide from Africa to all over the United States. In December 2019, I purchased a pair of your Weathermarks, one in 340 (Paso Robles rifle) and the other a 7mm (Wyoming rifle). The 340 shoots like all other Weatherbys I've owned, well under MOA with most sub half MOA.

However, the 7mm simply does not shoot with any ammunition I tried, both factory Weatherby ammo and my time tested hand loads using the old Weatherby Guide (1985 and older) “Factory Equivalent loads" with Norma MRP. Those loads always grouped exactly like the factory ammo on every Weatherby caliber, including two previous 7mm Weatherbys. I tried 140 gr Barnes TTSXs, 160 gr Nosler Partitions, 154 and 175 grain Hornady Interlocks (both factory ammo and my own hand loads) and the best group was right at 2.5", clearly unsatisfactory and way outside your written .99" guarantee.

While I realize nothing is flawless and I expected your company would make this right, I have to admit I was taken aback when your Customer Service representative (Chip?) informed, me in a condescending way, the rifle was tested and met the accuracy standard using factory 120gr TSX ammunition, which to be honest, is a less than optimum bullet weight for that cartridge and had I known that, I would have never purchased that rifle. Granted, it’s my opinion based on experience, but that caliber is much better suited for 140-160gr bullet weights. Moreover, when he told me I would be charged a 198 dollar "range fee" to correct the problem, in addition to the shipping costs, frankly, I was flabbergasted.
In years past, you used to provide a factory target with each rifle and while I can appreciate and understand your "Range Certified" selling point to justify a higher price that now includes a target, I do not see how you can charge me, the customer to fix a rifle that should have never left your warehouse, not even close to your factory guarantee with REASONABLE bullets weights using your factory ammo. I have to be perfectly up front with you that if I have to pay for this range fee I will do so, but I will have purchased my last Weatherby.

Frankly, I hope that what I heard was in error. You are Weatherby! There is a reason I have purchased and enjoyed Weatherby Rifles over the past 40 years. I am the customer you want, i.e. the loyal repeat customer that sings the praises of America's finest rifles. Weatherby was started by a your grandfather, with a passion for perfection,, not a Wall Street Investment Capital Group. Performance matters. People like me will and do spend more to get more and that means more quality and top customer service, not more run around. You are Weatherby and I had every confidence that your folks would have worked with me on this, but now I was informed the rifle Is on its way back to me and once I received it, I will trade it in or sell it, with the caveat to the prospective buyer, this rifle only shoots with a bullet weight suitable for deer or smaller game. I ever thought the day would come, but here we are. If you would like further information or would like to discuss, I am available anytime

Sincerely,
Jorge

I will keep you guys posted on the outcome, but I know full well it will be fixed.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
WEATHERBY.

Adam Weatherby personally called me last night. The narrative below pretty much explains the reason and his personal guarantee to me he's going to make it right. It pays to write a good letter and good companies respond in kind:

SYNOPSIS: I never thought the day would come, but here we are. I recently purchased one of the new "Wyoming Guns" in 7 Mag. This was my third in that caliber, all shot well under MOA. This one however, was a DOG.

So I wrote them a note (below) and followed up with a phone call to their customer service. First they told me there would be a charge of 198 bucks for a "range fee" in order to test the gun. To which I responded, so I'm paying for something you guarantee in writing"? not happening.

Never heard from them so I called them about six weeks ago and they said the gun had been "safety checked" and was awaiting range time. Last week I called back and some irreverant and condescending employee, after first chastising (or trying to) for my "impatience" he proceeded to tell me the gun passed their range test of .89 and .99 using 120gr Barnes TSX ammo. So the gun apparently ONLY shoots with that ammo (see my notes below). Personally, a 120gr is total horseshit in a 7 mag (in my opinion), but had I known this, I would have never even considered it. Suffice it to say, I planned to out them with every publication I know as well as several gun scribes whom I have a personal relationship with, as well as Dallas Safari Club etc. but I figured before I did any of this, I'd Adam Weatherby a note

My letter below:

Mr. Adam Weatherby,
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801

Dear Mr. Weatherby:

Pursuant to my conversations with customer service, I sent my 7mm Weatherby magnum to you for inspection and evaluation as a result of poor grouping with factory ammo (targets enclosed with rifle). I have been a Weatherby owner since the early 80s. I purchased my first rifle from your old store on Firestone Boulevard in South Gate from your grandfather himself and since then have owned dozens, with my current inventory of six Weatherbys, all MKVs and with them I have taken over three dozen species of game world-wide from Africa to all over the United States. In December 2019, I purchased a pair of your Weathermarks, one in 340 (Paso Robles rifle) and the other a 7mm (Wyoming rifle). The 340 shoots like all other Weatherbys I've owned, well under MOA with most sub half MOA.

However, the 7mm simply does not shoot with any ammunition I tried, both factory Weatherby ammo and my time tested hand loads using the old Weatherby Guide (1985 and older) “Factory Equivalent loads" with Norma MRP. Those loads always grouped exactly like the factory ammo on every Weatherby caliber, including two previous 7mm Weatherbys. I tried 140 gr Barnes TTSXs, 160 gr Nosler Partitions, 154 and 175 grain Hornady Interlocks (both factory ammo and my own hand loads) and the best group was right at 2.5", clearly unsatisfactory and way outside your written .99" guarantee.

While I realize nothing is flawless and I expected your company would make this right, I have to admit I was taken aback when your Customer Service representative (Chip?) informed, me in a condescending way, the rifle was tested and met the accuracy standard using factory 120gr TSX ammunition, which to be honest, is a less than optimum bullet weight for that cartridge and had I known that, I would have never purchased that rifle. Granted, it’s my opinion based on experience, but that caliber is much better suited for 140-160gr bullet weights. Moreover, when he told me I would be charged a 198 dollar "range fee" to correct the problem, in addition to the shipping costs, frankly, I was flabbergasted.
In years past, you used to provide a factory target with each rifle and while I can appreciate and understand your "Range Certified" selling point to justify a higher price that now includes a target, I do not see how you can charge me, the customer to fix a rifle that should have never left your warehouse, not even close to your factory guarantee with REASONABLE bullets weights using your factory ammo. I have to be perfectly up front with you that if I have to pay for this range fee I will do so, but I will have purchased my last Weatherby.

Frankly, I hope that what I heard was in error. You are Weatherby! There is a reason I have purchased and enjoyed Weatherby Rifles over the past 40 years. I am the customer you want, i.e. the loyal repeat customer that sings the praises of America's finest rifles. Weatherby was started by a your grandfather, with a passion for perfection,, not a Wall Street Investment Capital Group. Performance matters. People like me will and do spend more to get more and that means more quality and top customer service, not more run around. You are Weatherby and I had every confidence that your folks would have worked with me on this, but now I was informed the rifle Is on its way back to me and once I received it, I will trade it in or sell it, with the caveat to the prospective buyer, this rifle only shoots with a bullet weight suitable for deer or smaller game. I ever thought the day would come, but here we are. If you would like further information or would like to discuss, I am available anytime

Sincerely,
Jorge

I will keep you guys posted on the outcome, but I know full well it will be fixed.

WhoreHey!,

When your Estrogen surges yet again outta your control,how "real" do your Delusons become to you...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Does it become as "real" as your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,especially with the "HARROWING" "threat" of "telling on someone" and REALLY "out" them,with your esteemed "critique" and "connections"?!? Hint. LAUGHING!!! And I mean Fhuqking LAUGHING!!!!! Wow!!!!

Ain't it a simplistic hoot,that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk,that you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot? Your Melting Snowflake routine,is ASSUREDY no fhuqking "Act",you Magnificent Whining Kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart,for doing your best and I really hope I don't have to send this Thread to Adam,as you panhandle to salve your STUPIDITY.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from as2.ftcdn.net]

Another great contribution from the dwarf beachball father/husband of the year is with us...Hopefully he's spared us the repetitive, pendatic and equally clueless advice and images of his garbage wares, but I doubt it.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from as2.ftcdn.net]

Another great contribution from the dwarf beachball father/husband of the year is with us...Hopefully he's spared us the repetitive, pendatic and equally clueless advice and images of his garbage wares, but I doubt it.

WhoreHey!,

I'm thinking Adam will enjoy how you are powerless to control your Raging Estrogen Levels and obliviously quantifying,that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for coming unhinged and illuminating your unrivaled Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,you AMAZINGLY Inept Clueless Fhuqk.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I’d bet that Chip is gonna have a rough day at work.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That was a fine letter, Jorge. Hope everythingl comes our all right.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Adam was a pleasure to talk to. He is very much into keeping his grandad's legacy going and a big part of their trademark was customer service and quality and he did not disappoint. He also mentioned they lost about 80% of their work force with the move to Wyoming, which I commended him on. Wyoming is a great, pro-gun state.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think Adam & The Gang,would get a BIG kick outta some links to WhoreHeys! Reloading "prowess",if only to lend credence to her "abilities" as a "whole"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

She could not get fresh tap water "reloaded" into an empty glass,by herself. Hint. LAUGHING!

I bet she REALLY has a "grip" on scopes,bases and rings too,to full "compliment" her "abilities" to "critique" wares. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless her heart for Lying,Crying and Whining.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
And it matches the color of his rifles too. How's stylish. Stick, didn't know you were a gagger as well. Then again your photos are revealing...

[Linked Image from cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Adam was a pleasure to talk to. He is very much into keeping his grandad's legacy going and a big part of their trademark was customer service and quality and he did not disappoint. He also mentioned they lost about 80% of their work force with the move to Wyoming, which I commended him on. Wyoming is a great, pro-gun state.

Good to know! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And it matches the color of his rifles too. How's stylish. Stick, didn't know you were a gagger as well. Then again your photos are revealing...

[Linked Image from cdn.thisiswhyimbroke.com]

WhoreHey!,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that besides being a Drooling Clueless Fhuqk and Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,that you also just "happen" to burst out of closets with your Man Lust Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Perhaps "explain",that despite your Oathe of Imaginary Pretend Ignore,you still feverishly read my EVERY word and gawk EVERY Splendid Pixel,you Delusional Lying Clueless Kchunt? Hint. LAUGHING!

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you prepare to "unleash" yet another very well founded Hurt Feelers Report. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Whining and getting Horned Up.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Perhaps "explain",that despite your Oathe of Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Again????

I've explained it before and numerous times, but I expect given your bordering on imbecile intellect, further handicapped by alcohol, you've failed to grasp elemental sentences. You ARE on ignore (why wouldn't you be, you haven't a clue), but when you obviously address one of my posts, not to mention a thread I start, of course I read them. after all, it would churlish of me not to do so. does that make sense? or maybe you can get one of your sycophants to "explain" this to you. ...BTW, if you ever need to lay SOD down, remember, it's green side up...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If a company is selling a rifle in a certain caliber and also factory loaded ammo in the same caliber, they should work reasonably well together. Sounds like yours didn’t.

And a $198 range fee sounds exorbitant.

I hope Weatherby makes it right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Perhaps "explain",that despite your Oathe of Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Again????

I've explained it before and numerous times, but I expect given your bordering on imbecile intellect, further handicapped by alcohol, you've failed to grasp elemental sentences. You ARE on ignore (why wouldn't you be, you haven't a clue), but when you obviously address one of my posts, not to mention a thread I start, of course I read them. after all, it would churlish of me not to do so. does that make sense? or maybe you can get one of your sycophants to "explain" this to you. ...BTW, if you ever need to lay SOD down, remember, it's green side up...

WhoreHey!,

I enjoy how easily you can "justify" your being an Absolute CLUELESS Fhuqk and a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as you sure are a gal of your "word". Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Didn't mean to get you soooo worked up,that you couldn't use Cap's to start a sentence and hadta' obliviously quantify,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you flounder in your Vagina Monologue and Melting Snowflake Routine. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Whining and getting Horned Up,you MAGNIFICENTLY Unstable Kchunt.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jorge,

A few questions for the whys???

If you have had so many positive experiences with Weatherby rifles, why would this rare one off, be cause for thinking it wouldn’t be corrected with reasonable effort?

Why after so many positive experiences would you be so quick to threaten them with negative publicity after what is something out of the ordinary. In addition to threatening them to never buy another Weatherby?

Why if you know full well it will be fixed would you, if you had to make the entire situation public, not just leave it with you had an issue, and as expected it was handled in an appropriate manner? Why would you want to make it sound like you threatened them to make things right?

You say you are a loyal customer, yet one negative situation is justification to publicly trash their reputation?

Much to be learned here....

Last edited by battue; 03/04/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Does anyone besides me wish Big Stick would STFU? He contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by battue
Jorge,

If you have had so many positive experiences with Weatherby rifles, why would this rare one off, be cause for thinking it wouldn’t be corrected with reasonable effort?

Why after so many positive experiences would you be so quick to threaten them with negative publicity after what is something out of the ordinary. In addition to threatening them to never buy another Weatherby?

Why if you know full well it will be fixed would you, if you had to make the entire situation public, not just leave it with you had an issue, and as expected it was handled in an appropriate manner? Why would you want to make it sound like you threatened them to make things right?

You say you are a loyal customer, yet one negative situation is justification to publicly trash their reputation?

Battue,

Do NOT slight her Delusions of grandeur,Man Lust Fantasies,Drooling CLUELESS Dumbfhuqktitude,nor the Fact that she's a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...in no particular order. Hint. LAUGHING!

She's simply a Whining CLUELESS Kchunt,yet again in wayyyyy over her pointy head and narrow shoulders,with a Drama Queen Hissy Fit being her one and ONLY "move". Hint.

The only things she "shoots" are her mouth and Imagination,from inside The High Fence and you'll wanna tread LIGHTLY or she'll "tell" on you. Hint. LAUGHING!!!

Bless her hear for Lying,Crying and Whining at it is THE Drooling Dumbfhuqk Trifecta.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

PJWhiner,

Yiu might too consider yet another wellfounded Hurt Feelers Report and Imaginary Pretend Ignore,to help satiate your Realities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

GREAT time to hold your breath and perhaps stomp your itty-bitty feet. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,you melting Snowflake.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jorge,

In reading the letter it appears that the dissatisfaction started after talking to the customer service representative. The letter addresses it and the posts reflect Jorge’s satisfaction after speaking to Adam Weatherby. Sometimes you need to press the issue and it would seem the letter did its job.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jorge,

Think the answer is he did expect good service and what he received was subpar.

Global social media allows the I fo iDisk voice to carry much further than ever before. Nothing wrong with providing honest negative feedback.

Personally, I vastly prefer it when people give honest feedback of how a company is operating TODAY, and not let them rest on their laurels of days gone by.

Slavish name brand loyalty is ultimately a negative for consumers.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Does anyone besides me wish Big Stick would STFU? He contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion.
Paul B.

I do! He is as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (16gage, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 74 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,740
Posts18,495,058
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.