Home
Posted By: nyrifleman Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
For those who have one, thoughts please.

Read the internet reviewd.

I'm thinking about picking up a 300 win mag for no other reason than I'm bored, lack a .300 Win, have brass and bullets, and have never owned a Tikka.

I realize the pad should be upgraded to a limbsaver, will probably use Talley mounts, and have a Swaro Z5 on the shelf.

LOP seems to be about 13 7/8 or so, which is perfect. I believe the safety locks down the bolt, which I prefer.

What are the negatives?

COAL?
Posted By: AU7MM08 Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
I've got a T3X Superlite in 6.5Creedmoor that I've been pleased with.

Though not a traditional 300Win mag bullet weight, I would be curious to see how the 130gr TTSX bullets would do. I would imagine a good bit less recoil.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
Going to shoot what I have onhand for now, which is the 180 TSX, 165, 180 and 200 Partitions, and the 180 Swift Scirocco.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
I have a 7MM-08 Superlite - didn't want to like the Tikkas but its hard not to like how they shoot:) Become one of my go to rifles, did swap out the stock for a McMillan not because I don't like the factory one but got a screaming deal on the McMillan.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
People will laugh at you.
16Bore, you still milling Talleys for the Tikka?
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
I like mine...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ule-deer-elk-moose-medicine#Post14761261

Came across that during my internet search.

Nice set up.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20

Originally Posted by nyrifleman

Whittakerโ€™s is doing them now...
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
I have had several T3/T3x rifles chambered in .300 Win, every one of them were excellent rifles ( I sold my best one to a buddy that offered me $100 more than I paid for it, " his" Superlite .300 Win shoots one tagged hole @100 yds ( yet another rifle I should have kept ๐Ÿ˜) I have a Sports South special Superlite .300 Win in My safe that shoots sub MOA with my handloads.....These are fantastic do-all rifles but this site has quite a large "Pink panty" recoil crowd that Cant believe anyone can subject themselves to such recoil punishment As it would almost certainly brake them in half....Even though you did not ask opinions on caliber They will certainly suggest you buy a Creed ๐Ÿ˜.....Good luck....Hb
Originally Posted by 16bore

Excellent, thank you.
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I have had several T3/T3x rifles chambered in .300 Win, every one of them were excellent rifles ( I sold my best one to a buddy that offered me $100 more than I paid for it, " his" Superlite .300 Win shoots one tagged hole @100 yds ( yet another rifle I should have kept ๐Ÿ˜) I have a Sports South special Superlite .300 Win in My safe that shoots sub MOA with my handloads.....These are fantastic do-all rifles but this site has quite a large "Pink panty" recoil crowd that Cant believe anyone can subject themselves to such recoil punishment As it would almost certainly brake them in half....Even though you did not ask opinions on caliber They will certainly suggest you buy a Creed ๐Ÿ˜.....Good luck....Hb

VA, do you have notes on your loads?

Mostly looking for bullets and COAL.
I do, I will be glad to PM you some info when I get a chance tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘..I can say the 1:11 twist on these rifles aint picky but most of the ones i developed loads for liked a 165 bullet best, and I am a big fan of Barnes TTSX bullets.....Hb
Originally Posted by 16bore

These are an excellent upgrade ๐Ÿ‘....Hb
Posted By: micky Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
I really like my 243 SL. I bought a couple different types of ammo for it, but the first three shots were a clover leaf at 100 and I have it zeroed in six shots and the seventh took a Michigan spike this year. I did buy used modded Talley's that work great and are low. I didn't like the hollow sound when I hit the stock so I swapped it for a wood stock with a rollover cheek piece, I don't remember the model it came off. I like it more now.
Posted By: Remington280 Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
Tikka T3X superlite 7-08 , the most accurate rifle I own.

Shot this group today with some 120 Bt's/ Re-15. @ 300 yrds. .75 grp.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Accuracy doesn't seem to be a problem, does it?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
Tikka misses much mechanically and mechanics just "happen" to matter. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Doubly so...in their L/A offerings,due COAL,if only as per always. A Teeker 300 Hunnert Belted,will be easily slapped around by chamberings of lesser capacity,in other offerings,due the difference in Mechanics(RPM/COAL/Throat Geometry). Conjure up THE best Teeker 300Winny pitch and the peecture sure in the fhuqk,ain't very purty. Hint.

No boolit thus far cited is worth a fhuqk and very easily slapped around by a .473" offering,if only for fhuqking starters. Hint.

Facts & Physics ain't for everyone,which never ain't not fhuqking hilarious. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............
Thanks Stick.

COAL has me concerned.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20
Take a look at the replacement magazines at tikka performance. Not sure but it may give you more length than the factory plastic mags.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/09/20

I will admit to being one of the "Pink Panty" crowd. I don't hunt anything that requires a 300 win as my llttle 250 Savage does nicely.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/10/20

Unlike the "pink panty" crowd, some people are unwilling to accept the fact that everybody shoots better when they practice in higher volumes, and everybody, regardless of how tough they think they are, shoots high volumes better with less recoil than more. Not everyone may need the level of shooting proficiency provided by practicing in such high volume, but the benefit in shooting precision of lower recoil is factual, not imaginary.
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/10/20
There are 5 Tikka T3/T3X rifles in my gun safe. Yes, I really like them.

30-06
270 Win
6.5x55
6.5 Creedmoor
Posted By: Dreamin Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/10/20
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
[quote=VaHillbilly] I have had several T3/T3x rifles chambered in .300 Win, every one of them were excellent rifles ( I sold my best one to a buddy that offered me $100 more than I paid for it, " his" Superlite .300 Win shoots one tagged hole @100 yds ( yet another rifle I should have kept ๐Ÿ˜) I have a Sports South special Superlite .300 Win in My safe that shoots sub MOA with my handloads.....These are fantastic do-all rifles but this site has quite a large "Pink panty" recoil crowd that Cant believe anyone can subject themselves to such recoil punishment As it would almost certainly brake them in half....Even though you did not ask opinions on caliber They will certainly suggest you buy a Creed ๐Ÿ˜.....Good luck....Hb

Unlike the "pink panty" crowd, some people are unwilling to accept the fact that everybody shoots better when they practice in higher volumes, and everybody, regardless of how tough they think they are, shoots high volumes better with less recoil than more. Not everyone may need the level of shooting proficiency provided by practicing in such high volume, but the benefit in shooting precision of lower recoil is factual, not imaginary.[/quot
Posted By: Ndbowhunter Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/10/20
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Tikka misses much mechanically and mechanics just "happen" to matter. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Doubly so...in their L/A offerings,due COAL,if only as per always. A Teeker 300 Hunnert Belted,will be easily slapped around by chamberings of lesser capacity,in other offerings,due the difference in Mechanics(RPM/COAL/Throat Geometry). Conjure up THE best Teeker 300Winny pitch and the peecture sure in the fhuqk,ain't very purty. Hint.

No boolit thus far cited is worth a fhuqk and very easily slapped around by a .473" offering,if only for fhuqking starters. Hint.

Facts & Physics ain't for everyone,which never ain't not fhuqking hilarious. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

208 eld-m donโ€™t mind being jumped. Same with 200 eld-x

What .473 bullet combo can hang with a 208 at 2950.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/10/20
Rather a Pole Vault,than a jump in a Teeker 'Winny. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The 200 ELD-X has a "whopping" .597 G1 drag function,though in fairness the 208 ELD-M is a .690 version of same and though that sounds better(because it is)...2950fps is a Pipe DREAM in a Teeker. That due both the aforementioned COAL "latitude" and barrel length to boot. A Pole Vault from sub 3.4" do NOT help velocity(due intrusion),but the notion IS funnier than fhuqk. Hint. Laughing!

I hear the 180 7mm ELD has a .796 BC and needn't Nuclear Pressure Levels and Delusions,to arrange nice thangs by .473" default. Toss same in a 700,with Lapooey Virgins,enjoy (5) pokes in the belly,lotsa land chasin' room,the recoil reduction and a pile driving ass. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Mebbe for even more oblivious humor,set a 208 alongside a 'Winny case,at Teeker COAL "latitude". Don't forget,that some folks actually shoot,while you "get" to Google about it. Hint. Laughing!

You CLUELESS Boobs are a fhuqking Riot! Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Posted By: Ndbowhunter Re: Tikka T3x Superlite - 04/10/20
Never seen a 208, or set it in a 300 case. Nor got it to 2950. Nor shot it out of a wood pecker.

Laffin.

Thanks for the chuckle.

By the way that fieldcraft is still waiting for a check with ur name on it.

Just for laughs Iโ€™ll sell it to you for a grand. You can rebarrel it to 7mm-08 and post a billion pictures of it in a river next to fish.
© 24hourcampfire