Home
I am looking at building a 6mm/223 aka 6x45mm. I don't want to spend alot of money on it. I need to hear from the skinflints on this one. I guess my first thing to do is find a used rifle in 223 Remington. I could go Savage or Remington and use a nut for switching barrels. Also thought about having the barrel rebored. How would you do it?
I just purchased one of these. New savage action with a green mountain barrel in a Boyds stock, rail and rings, dies and 100 pcs of brass for just over $400. I'm excited to get it. really nicely done

Good luck with your build.
I am in the process now of putting one together. I'll be using a Howa 1500 223 and replacing the barrel with a prefit from Preferred Barrels. Twist will be 1 in 10 with the thought of shooting mabye up to 85 grs. for the occasional deer but primarily to use up some of the hundreds of 6mm custom bullets I have accumulated over the years of shooting short range benchrest. I'm really looking forward to this build, I'll report back with my results.
Originally Posted by CJC73
I just purchased one of these. New savage action with a green mountain barrel in a Boyds stock, rail and rings, dies and 100 pcs of brass for just over $400. I'm excited to get it. really nicely done

Good luck with your build.

Let us know how it shoots.
Originally Posted by Gacamp
I am in the process now of putting one together. I'll be using a Howa 1500 223 and replacing the barrel with a prefit from Preferred Barrels. Twist will be 1 in 10 with the thought of shooting mabye up to 85 grs. for the occasional deer but primarily to use up some of the hundreds of 6mm custom bullets I have accumulated over the years of shooting short range benchrest. I'm really looking forward to this build, I'll report back with my results.

Sounds like a fun project. I am going to build one because of Virginia's .23 caliber or larger on deer. It looks to be about the minimum I could use with the least amount of recoil. Plus I also have a bunch of 6mm bullets to shoot up. I will look forward to hear your report on your project. BTW, what made you decide to use the Howa 1500 223 for your project?
You could likely buy a heavy 243 and end up with the same recoil much easier.
I definitely don't want a heavy barrel rifle. Plus a 243 you're talking 10 to 15 grains more powder. And I have an irrational hatred of the 243 Winchester.
How about using one of those Sako or CZ mini Mauser actions? I think that would make for a nice build.
I built one off of a Stevens 200. Used a stainless E.R. Shaw in 1:10 finished at 22”. I LOVE IT!!! It goes with me everywhere, and probably has drawn more blood than any other rifle I own.

I shoot 85gr Sierra GK HPBT in front H335 at 2705 FPS.

Doing it again, I would consider:
McGowen barrels
1:8 twist
20” barrel
Originally Posted by IMR4350
How about using one of those Sako or CZ mini Mauser actions? I think that would make for a nice build.

Which type of Sako?
Originally Posted by ckat
I built one off of a Stevens 200. Used a stainless E.R. Shaw in 1:10 finished at 22”. I LOVE IT!!! It goes with me everywhere, and probably has drawn more blood than any other rifle I own.

I shoot 85gr Sierra GK HPBT in front H335 at 2705 FPS.

Doing it again, I would consider:
McGowen barrels
1:8 twist
20” barrel

The Stevens 200 is basically a Savage 10/110, right? I used that Sierra bullet when I had my first centerfire rifle and Ruger 77 in 243 Winchester. Many groundhogs and foxes were dispatched with it. A really good bullet. I definitely don't plan on shooting anything over 85 grains in it, so I would be looking at a 1:10 twist. Why McGowen barrels? Did your E.R. Shaw not perform like you want?
This is an interesting concept: a 6MM/223

Similarly, I wonder if a .223 necked up to 6.5MM or 7mm might not be an interesting concept as well. I googled it and a "TCU" in 7MM seems to be the monniker but I'm thinking rifle not handgun.
I used a Remington 788 in .223 and put a 1:8 Pac-nor #1 contour on it.....not the cheapest route plus I had “lightening” cuts done on the action and bolt, Cerakoted the metal, reshaped the wood stock and had it dipped in a camo pattern. That all said it is a little sweetheart and have taken some turkeys and deer with it using the same basic load as ckat. You’ll enjoy this round Barm!

PennDog
I have a .223 ADL I have considered getting the Remage barrel set up and making a 6-45. I was thinking a 1-9 twist. 1-10 seems a little slow to me. Another option is the 25 Sharps and shooting bullets in the 90 to 110 range. I have buckets of .223/5.56 brass to play with.

kwg
Originally Posted by barm

Which type of Sako?

I have a Zastava mini-mauser in .223 Rem which I’d briefly contemplated doing this with but the Mag box would WAY be too short. It JUST fits 55 GR FMJs seated to the cannelure.

Seems like a 6-223 with 70 & 90 GR NBTs would be cats @$$ for vermin & deer.

I’d think a Howa 1500 in .223 would be a good place to start for one on the cheap. A Kimber 84M would be da bomb...

Which type of Sako?

Sorry I meant to say Zastava but as efw says the mag box is to short.
I’m planning one on a 700 clone. Preferred Barrel remage 8” twist. 18”-20” sporter.

Sako L-461 and A1 donors would preclude an inexpensive build and be confined on mag length.

The Stevens 200 is basically a Savage 10/110, right? I used that Sierra bullet when I had my first centerfire rifle and Ruger 77 in 243 Winchester. Many groundhogs and foxes were dispatched with it. A really good bullet. I definitely don't plan on shooting anything over 85 grains in it, so I would be looking at a 1:10 twist. Why McGowen barrels? Did your E.R. Shaw not perform like you want?

Yes, same Savage 10 centerfeed action sans Accutrigger.

The 85gr SGK is DEADLY. 4 of the does below fell to that combo one day on a doe cull trip. Farthest was about 260 yards. None of them went more than 20 yards with a single shot into the boiler.

I didn’t know about McGowens when I ordered. Cheap was a focus on this build, so the more expensive barrels were out of the question. I have since learned of the McGowens, and they seem to be REALLY accurate. 10 or so years ago, they were about the same cost as Shaws.

My gun shoots consistently about MOA. With that said, my load “work up” was comprised of one bullet and one powder. It has been working ever since...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by PennDog
I used a Remington 788 in .223 and put a 1:8 Pac-nor #1 contour on it.....not the cheapest route plus I had “lightening” cuts done on the action and bolt, Cerakoted the metal, reshaped the wood stock and had it dipped in a camo pattern. That all said it is a little sweetheart and have taken some turkeys and deer with it using the same basic load as ckat. You’ll enjoy this round Barm!

PennDog

Sounds like a cool rifle PennDog!
Originally Posted by kwg020
I have a .223 ADL I have considered getting the Remage barrel set up and making a 6-45. I was thinking a 1-9 twist. 1-10 seems a little slow to me. Another option is the 25 Sharps and shooting bullets in the 90 to 110 range. I have buckets of .223/5.56 brass to play with.

kwg

I saw the 25 Sharps too. If I would go 25 caliber, I would go 250 Savage.
Originally Posted by efw

Which type of Sako?

I have a Zastava mini-mauser in .223 Rem which I’d briefly contemplated doing this with but the Mag box would WAY be too short. It JUST fits 55 GR FMJs seated to the cannelure.

Seems like a 6-223 with 70 & 90 GR NBTs would be cats @$$ for vermin & deer.

I’d think a Howa 1500 in .223 would be a good place to start for one on the cheap. A Kimber 84M would be da bomb...

Good to know about the mag box.
Originally Posted by NMpistolero
I’m planning one on a 700 clone. Preferred Barrel remage 8” twist. 18”-20” sporter.

Sako L-461 and A1 donors would preclude an inexpensive build and be confined on mag length.

The Sako would not be cheap for sure.

Yes, same Savage 10 centerfeed action sans Accutrigger.

The 85gr SGK is DEADLY. 4 of the does below fell to that combo one day on a doe cull trip. Farthest was about 260 yards. None of them went more than 20 yards with a single shot into the boiler.

I didn’t know about McGowens when I ordered. Cheap was a focus on this build, so the more expensive barrels were out of the question. I have since learned of the McGowens, and they seem to be REALLY accurate. 10 or so years ago, they were about the same cost as Shaws.

My gun shoots consistently about MOA. With that said, my load “work up” was comprised of one bullet and one powder. It has been working ever since...

Love the deer pic.
I definitely don't want a heavy barrel rifle. Plus a 243 you're talking 10 to 15 grains more powder. And I have an irrational hatred of the 243 Winchester.

interesting cartridge....the 6x45

mild & modest powder charge

A good SS barrel from CBI or others would be $3-350

8 twist & 20" sounds great

Screw it on a Savage action and go have fun
It kills way over its weight class, is super mild on recoil, burns very little powder, brass is readily available and easy to form, and it is a barrel change away from any 223 chambered gun... there’s not much of a downside. It is not the flattest shooting chambering out there, but it’s no 30-30 either. I would not hesitate to shoot any size WT with it within 250-275 yards with my rifle and load.
I looked last night at Savage Prefits - SS, 20”, 1:8 twist, 11 degree crown, no muzzle threading or flutes:

ER Shaw - $290
McGowen - $330

Price was the same for lengths from 19-26”, other twist rates, and different crown options.
Not sure if the diameter difference is enough, but a rebore is in the same price range of those barrels.

https://cutrifle.com/reboring.html
Some more 6x45 victims...

I looked last night at Savage Prefits - SS, 20”, 1:8 twist, 11 degree crown, no muzzle threading or flutes:

ER Shaw - $290
McGowen - $330

Price was the same for lengths from 19-26”, other twist rates, and different crown options.

I was figuring to spend between $600-$800 total otherwise it wouldn't be worth it to me. If I can find the rifle to use as donor somewhere in the $300-$450 range it should work. Did you do your barrel change yourself? It looks like I need a padded vise and a wrench, correct? Along with some gauges.
Some more 6x45 victims...

The Sierra 85 grain HPBT is no slouch!
L-R

222 1-12" twist Benchmark barrel , Mcmillian Stock Sako AI action

6x45 1-8" twist Benchmark barrel Banser Stock Sako AI action

6x45 1-12" twist Shilen barrel Custom Sako L461 Action

[img]https://i.imgur.com/uZbKnO4.jpg?1[/img]

Both 6x45 shoot really well with 58gr and 85gr bullets

F
Yes, did the barrel swap myself. Basically used this method:
https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/change-rifle-barrels-in-minutes/100434

Made some vise "jaws" out of wood to hold the barrel, used some kind of white powder in the wood jaws to help "grab" the barrel (but I can't remember what for the life of me,) and removed the ejector plunger.

I cheaped out and bought only the barrel nut wrench and go-gauge. Twisted the factory barrel off, screwed the new one down on the go-gauge. Backed it off slightly and locked the nut down. It made for a "tight" chamber, but that is okay with me - I don't shoot factory ammo.

If you will pay shipping both ways, you are welcome to borrow my go-gauge if I still have it.
If y'all are building these on regular bolt gun platforms and not ARs why not build the 6x47 instead? It uses the .222 Remington Magnum case instead of the .223. It'll give you another 100 or so FPS. It's too long for the AR 15 action but it'll work well in a regular short action bolt gun. I know what you will say, brass! Yes .223 brass is much more plentiful and easier to come by. But you can get brass for it. I look at brass as an occasional purchase and .222 Mag. brass ain't gonna break the bank. And it gives you a longer neck which will aid in accuracy. Also, it's the same brass the .204 Ruger is made from. ,

Try it, you might like it.
Since you are looking for an inexpensive route how about a single shot? I bet rechambering or rebarreling an H&R Handi Rifle would not cost to much. A conversion based on a Ruger NO.1 or a Browning Low Wall would cost a lot more but would certainly be interesting.

I'd run 65 V max.......

kill p/dogs out to 300+ with it.......

actually considered building a barrel a few yrs ago (Savage)
About to do one of these myself, already have the donor gun.

Will be my everyday on the ranch, in the truck, in the Polaris gun.
It will have a can on it.

Will take it 150+ hogs and a lot of WT does and cull bucks to catch up to its predecessor, but I'll do my best to help it catch up.
Going to twist mine a 10 as I have no plans of shooting any bigger than 80 gr.
Originally Posted by Flyer01
L-R

F

Nice rifles! Did you have any problems with magazine length on your Sako rifles?
Yes, did the barrel swap myself. Basically used this method:
https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/change-rifle-barrels-in-minutes/100434

Made some vise "jaws" out of wood to hold the barrel, used some kind of white powder in the wood jaws to help "grab" the barrel (but I can't remember what for the life of me,) and removed the ejector plunger.

I cheaped out and bought only the barrel nut wrench and go-gauge. Twisted the factory barrel off, screwed the new one down on the go-gauge. Backed it off slightly and locked the nut down. It made for a "tight" chamber, but that is okay with me - I don't shoot factory ammo.

If you will pay shipping both ways, you are welcome to borrow my go-gauge if I still have it.

Thanks for the link and offer to use your wrench. I will keep it in mind as I go forward with this project.
Originally Posted by Filaman
If y'all are building these on regular bolt gun platforms and not ARs why not build the 6x47 instead? It uses the .222 Remington Magnum case instead of the .223. It'll give you another 100 or so FPS. It's too long for the AR 15 action but it'll work well in a regular short action bolt gun. I know what you will say, brass! Yes .223 brass is much more plentiful and easier to come by. But you can get brass for it. I look at brass as an occasional purchase and .222 Mag. brass ain't gonna break the bank. And it gives you a longer neck which will aid in accuracy. Also, it's the same brass the .204 Ruger is made from. ,

I will consider it. I am still in the planning stage of this.
Since you are looking for an inexpensive route how about a single shot? I bet rechambering or rebarreling an H&R Handi Rifle would not cost to much. A conversion based on a Ruger NO.1 or a Browning Low Wall would cost a lot more but would certainly be interesting.

I want a repeater. You are correct the Handi Rifle would be a cheaper way to do it. I used to have a Ruger NO 1 Varmint in 25-06 and it was a heavy rifle. Never owned a Browning Low Wall, but they do look nice and it would be interesting indeed.
I agree with you. I would want this rifle to be a repeater too.
L-R

F

Nice rifles! Did you have any problems with magazine length on your Sako rifles?

No problems, but there isn't any surplus room with the heavier bullets. 80-85 gr is the heaviest I'll shot with the 6x45 any heavier velocity drops.

I also have a 6x47 on a Remington action, it has more magazine length but is twisted 1-12 so longer 6mm bullets don't shot as well.
It's the one on the left, it has a 20"custom barrel that's been rebored and rechambered with a gain twist by Ron Smith a southern Alberta gunsmith.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
How about just a boring Off the shelf 6.5 grendel
L-R

F

No problems, but there isn't any surplus room with the heavier bullets. 80-85 gr is the heaviest I'll shot with the 6x45 any heavier velocity drops.

I also have a 6x47 on a Remington action, it has more magazine length but is twisted 1-12 so longer 6mm bullets don't shot as well.
It's the one on the left, it has a 20"custom barrel that's been rebored and rechambered with a gain twist by Ron Smith a southern Alberta gunsmith.

I always liked the looks of the Remington 600 and 660's.
Originally Posted by Dre

I have considered it and won't rule it out, yet. I also have thoughts of getting a worn out sporter 22-250 and making it into a 250 Savage. I will have to wait and see what deal materializes for me.
Originally Posted by Dre

I have considered it and won't rule it out, yet. I also have thoughts of getting a worn out sporter 22-250 and making it into a 250 Savage. I will have to wait and see what deal materializes for me.

I have a 6-250 that’s SWEET. Might keep that in mind as an option too.
there's a couple new savage actions for sale for $280 on another site already with the 223 bolt head.

grab that, a prefit barrel for $300 and a nice stock and $700-800 is within reach.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Dre

I have a 6-250 that’s SWEET. Might keep that in mind as an option too.

Is that a straight neck down from the 250 Savage or neck up from the 22-250? I remember years ago reading about the 6mm International, not that one is it?
Originally Posted by CJC73
there's a couple new savage actions for sale for $280 on another site already with the 223 bolt head.

grab that, a prefit barrel for $300 and a nice stock and $700-800 is within reach.

Which site?
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/selling-2-savage-actions.3996839/
How bad do you want one, as I could probably be talked out of this rifle.

Savage 10, Accustock, DBM
PT&G .187" recoil lug
Stockade tatical bolt handle and lift kit
6X45 chambered X-Caliber stainless steel 1:7 Twist 5R barrel #3 contour 24"
Prairie Ghost Camo Accustock
Coyote Tan Cerakote on barreled action and Action work done by Steve Field, Roberta GA
Twisted barrel fluting on barrel and bolt
EGW 20 MOA rail

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Sorry for some of the crappy pictures but they're all I have on my computer. Definitely not my cheapest Savage build, but they usually cost you more than you think you're going to spend. I'm just going a different direction since I got my suppressors and this barrel is too long and I don't want to cut it down to thread. Probably wouldn't be as cheap as the one you want to build, but I'm also fairly motivated.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by taylorce1
How bad do you want one, as I could probably be talked out of this rifle.

Savage 10, Accustock, DBM
PT&G .187" recoil lug
Stockade tatical bolt handle and lift kit
6X45 chambered X-Caliber stainless steel 1:7 Twist 5R barrel #3 contour 24"
Prairie Ghost Camo Accustock
Coyote Tan Cerakote on barreled action and Action work done by Steve Field, Roberta GA
Twisted barrel fluting on barrel and bolt
EGW 20 MOA rail

Sorry for some of the crappy pictures but they're all I have on my computer. Definitely not my cheapest Savage build, but they usually cost you more than you think you're going to spend. I'm just going a different direction since I got my suppressors and this barrel is too long and I don't want to cut it down to thread. Probably wouldn't be as cheap as the one you want to build, but I'm also fairly motivated.

Nice rifle. I would not be close to what you have in it. If I go with a Savage, I am hoping to find one of the old 110's with the staggered feed magazine, fully adjustable trigger, and monte carlo hardwood stock. Years ago I had one in 7mm 08 Remington and I killed a bunch of deer with it.

Nice rifle. I would not be close to what you have in it. If I go with a Savage, I am hoping to find one of the old 110's with the staggered feed magazine, fully adjustable trigger, and monte carlo hardwood stock. Years ago I had one in 7mm 08 Remington and I killed a bunch of deer with it.

I never thought I'd get close to what I have in it when I offered it. You never do when you put money into a Savage and a no-name gunsmith. However, I've kind of lost interest in this rifle and would like to move on to something different. I can understand though where you're going.
L-R

F

Sweet trio of vixens! I like the 600s too!
How good 77gr tmk are on game, it’s be hard pressed to not build a 6x45 based around a 95gr tmk.

Then again about 27.5 grains of 4198 and 108 eld-ms at 2600 from a 21” barrel will result in fist sized groups at 500 and hold single digit sd in mass produce load powder measure dropped.

9 twist 250$ ruger Americans will stabilize 28 grains of 4198 and 105’s at sea level and 30 degree temps.
I built a 6X45 AR with a Black Hole Weaponry barrel a few years ago. With the now-discontinued Sierra 80 grain Single Shot Pistol bullets (I lucked into 500 of them), I am getting right around 2700 fps and superb accuracy (20" barrel). It has accounted for three whitetails and a few coyotes.

I picked up a Remington .223 for basically nothing a while back and considered doing exactly what you are are planning, OP, but I decided on building a 7TCU instead. I made that decision so that I could shoot the excellent Nosler 120 grain BTs. With a 20" barrel, I should be able to get close to 2600 fps. I did have to modify the mag box to fit the longer cartridge and I may have to do a bit of feel lip modification due to the "blown-out" body taper on the TCU, but I think it will be worth it. I am getting a Wilson barrel (#4) for it. Cut to length, chambered, fluted and threaded it was less than $500 from Ragged Hole Barrels. Considering I only paid $90 for the donor, even with a great stock, I am going to be into it for less than $1000 when all is said and done.

Oh, another tip on gauges, you can rent them from remearrentals.com for $7, plus shipping. https://www.reamerrentals.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=6x45%2Eg
I just saw the question about why I used the Howa for my build, well simple answer is i had one. It has been a good rifle, accurate and easy to load for although a little heavy. I love my 6PPC's so originally the plan was to buy a Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel, due to the bolt face, and than rebarrel that to a 6PPC. Well what happened was that since I do a lot of deer hunting, and use three other 6.5's of various types, I thought I would at least play with the Grendel before re-barreling. What I found however was a neat little rifle, that has been very accurate right out of the box with factory loads and way less than 1 MOA with some thrown together loads. So that's where the Howa in 6x45 came in, take a rilfe and caliber I rarely use and just change the barrel with a prefit to a more usable cartridge 6mm cartridge without any bolt face mods. Also I have a grandson coming up and think this might be a great starter rifle.
Originally Posted by HandgunHTR
I built a 6X45 AR with a Black Hole Weaponry barrel a few years ago. With the now-discontinued Sierra 80 grain Single Shot Pistol bullets (I lucked into 500 of them), I am getting right around 2700 fps and superb accuracy (20" barrel). It has accounted for three whitetails and a few coyotes.

I picked up a Remington .223 for basically nothing a while back and considered doing exactly what you are are planning, OP, but I decided on building a 7TCU instead. I made that decision so that I could shoot the excellent Nosler 120 grain BTs. With a 20" barrel, I should be able to get close to 2600 fps. I did have to modify the mag box to fit the longer cartridge and I may have to do a bit of feel lip modification due to the "blown-out" body taper on the TCU, but I think it will be worth it. I am getting a Wilson barrel (#4) for it. Cut to length, chambered, fluted and threaded it was less than $500 from Ragged Hole Barrels. Considering I only paid $90 for the donor, even with a great stock, I am going to be into it for less than $1000 when all is said and done.

Oh, another tip on gauges, you can rent them from remearrentals.com for $7, plus shipping. https://www.reamerrentals.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=6x45%2Eg

Thanks for the tip on the gauges. The 7mm TCU sounds like a fun project. Please post your results when you get it done.
Originally Posted by Gacamp
I just saw the question about why I used the Howa for my build, well simple answer is i had one. It has been a good rifle, accurate and easy to load for although a little heavy. I love my 6PPC's so originally the plan was to buy a Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel, due to the bolt face, and than rebarrel that to a 6PPC. Well what happened was that since I do a lot of deer hunting, and use three other 6.5's of various types, I thought I would at least play with the Grendel before re-barreling. What I found however was a neat little rifle, that has been very accurate right out of the box with factory loads and way less than 1 MOA with some thrown together loads. So that's where the Howa in 6x45 came in, take a rilfe and caliber I rarely use and just change the barrel with a prefit to a more usable cartridge 6mm cartridge without any bolt face mods. Also I have a grandson coming up and think this might be a great starter rifle.

I totally understand. Some of my interest in a small cartridge is my son is 4 and I hope he wants to shoot and hunt like me. I could had have something mild and fun for him to shoot when he gets older.
The 25-222. Wooters tooter or also called the copperhead is a nice round.
A great writer and a cartridge to consider. Has anyone built one? I wonder how many places have reamers for it and how expensive dies would be for it.
I've been around a few of these cartridges I built the 6X47 (6-222 RM) first, used a slower twist barrel (1:12) than I should of. However, it hasn't stopped me from killing deer, pronghorn, prairie dogs, and coyotes with it. Loves 70 grain NBT at 3000+ fps and 80 grain Speer SP bullets at 2800+ fps from a 20" barrel. It doesn't do well with bullets over 80 grains is it's only problem.

I shot some prairie dogs and a coyote with my buddies AR in 6X45 and made me want to build one. I built it mainly to get around CO 6mm minimum requirement for big game and brass is easier to find than for my 6X47. I also went bolt action to get a little mor mag length than what my buddy got with his AR. Too bad my suppressors showed up, and I don't want to cut down the barrel to a managable length since it is fluted. My buddy has killed a ton of deer with it and the 85 grain Sierra HPBT.

I've also spent a little time behind an AR in .25-45. Cool little cartridge as well. Dies are probably a little cheaper than the .25-222 to get as well. I will say speeds were not as good as advertised on the web, mid 2700 fps with 87 grain bullets was the best that AR would do.
You Melting Snowflake CLUELESS Covid Queens are a fhuqking hoot and never disappoint in the magnificent grandeur of oblivious humor,by simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ummmmmm everything cited in .257" sucks ass,if only because boolits matter more than headstamps. Hint.

I've shot or got all of the 6mm's thus far cited and a bunch that ain't. Hint.

There's ZERO fhuqking way I'd build a 270 slower than 8",though one of 'em is in 7.5". Hint.

Starting velocity,ain't arrival velocity and that one stumps all of you Fhuqktards. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Hunt....hint.....hint.....I am now dumber for having read your gargled together rendition of a post. Retard.
salvage,

Do not slight your AMAZINGLY low IQ,as you breathe through your open mouth and lick windows. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Very GOOD call,to refrain ALL things The Rifle and go right to your Melting Snowflake Routine(which sure in the fhuqk ain't no Act) via your Vagina Monologue. Hint.

Simply pardon my shooting it all and then some,as you set on the sidelines and Whine...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
Sorry, Fug Stick says .25" bullets just bounce off animals, probably even mice.

I think what it really is, is that he's too incompetent to get within 500 yards of a deer. He probably smells too bad, being a stupid troll and all.
Trybone,

I never tire of your HILARIOUS attempts of feigning a First Fhuqking Clue...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results",mandate your Vagina Monologue and Melting Snowflake Routine and a skirt of all things The Rifle(pun be intended). Not that the quivering lip and trembling fingers,don't add to the Hilarity too. Hint.

How many times a day do you think about me? Not on one of your "good" days,just an average one? How many of those innumerable times,involve your Olfactories? Just a rough percentage,will be fine. Pardon my horning you up and undoubtedly,Testosterone reliably attracts you. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
A day without Fug Stick is like a day without a tooth ache.

Fug Stick, I think about you just about every time I see a retard or just need a chuckle. Thanks for dedicating your life to being the object of derision so others can get their LULZ.
Trybone,

Ain't it a hoot,that besides being a poor poor(literally) Clueless Fhuqk and a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,that you GOTTA swipe pics to boot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You GoogleFu Covid Melting Snowflake Kchuns are a fhuqking hoot! Hint. Laughing!

Now you can say,you've "seen" a right proper 270. Hint.

AND a Biggy/Small .243" bore comparison. Hint.

Cheer up,it's been a slow morning. Hint. LAUGHING!

Be sure jack more pics,as you MUST,because there's no "chance" your kchunt is leaving the fhuqking couch! Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................
What’s wound channel from a 2000fps impact look like on a 105 Hornady?

Black hills 77gr tmk regulates most intermediate rounds pointless.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Trybone,

Ain't it a hoot,that besides being a poor poor(literally) Clueless Fhuqk and a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,that you GOTTA swipe pics to boot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Thanks Fug Stick, I needed some LULZ today. That is the dumbest AR setup I've ever seen! LOL! Do you have to stand on a stool to shoot that?
Trybone,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the sloooowwwwwwwww day,horning you up,in sucha' manner. Hint. Laughing!

Ooooopsie! Don't "forget" to start a Thread,if/when you go Outside some year. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING................

nohunter,

That's a 350yd shot,in Today's atmosphere,with an 18" 270. Hint.

I hear through the Grapevine,that boolit do just fine.(grin)

Have seen me shoot a "few" 105's,through a "few" .243" bores and often on the same day. Nothing slower than a 2650 fps Launch or faster than a 3450 fps Launch. Hint.

6BR and 105's anybody?!? Hint.

Don't mind Trybone having to Google it all,she only gets to read about The Outdoors. Hint.

LAUGHING!.......................
What did you shoot at 350 today?
nohunter,

Stand fare,wares welllllllll beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Was in a rush this AM,to beat the wind and pending shift in weather,so only shot the 1827 and a coupla Vudoo's to the 400yd line. Got lucky and found another of Bob's 75 MOA 1913 extended rails I had him build for me and the1827 coughs up 36.2 Mils remaining on the 3-15's MQ FFP erector,from it's 50yd zero,which is the 585yd line. 'Course there's (10) more laying in wait on the windshield,for 46.2 all in. Disappointingly,that's only the 680yd line and a good portion of The Herd,will crack 700yds easily. Google as you MUST,then nod your head like you Understand. Hint. LAUGHING!

Am eyeing a parcel from Bob that I just liberated from the Mail and am torn in driving another aged 'Schutz 54 in OEM guise,or tossing it in one of them there MacaMillion T-Hole Sillywet handles,to match another in the larder. Thoughts?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

You Drooling Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

Bless your hearts for Trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................
ur Comical

Thanks for the chuckle.

Carry on.
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
ur Comical

Thanks for the chuckle.

Carry on.

Don't pay any attention to that moron....... wink
Hilariously Fascinating,to watch you two Fhuqtards lick adjacent sides of the same pane of glass and gaze into one another's crossed eyes...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that none are brazen enough,to touch upon anything The Rifle,with a 10' pole. At least you "get" to read about it. Hint. LAUGHING!

You Cowering Covid Sowflake Queens are a fhuqking hoot! Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Hang a pic of a 270 kill.

Thanks.
nohunter,

Like you could "afford" a rifle or a camera...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Or sights,sling,harness,cuff or mags. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Fugg, a rifle as ugly as stinky it's self.
nohunter,

Like you could "afford" a rifle or a camera...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Any pics of 270 kills or 105’s under 2000fps?
I VERY much enjoy,that you Fhuqktards are doing your best,with what incredibly fhuqking little you "have" to work with...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep riding coat tails and telling yourself you "could too". Hint. LAUGHING!

My lunch exceeded your "means: and "abilities". Hint.

I suggest you gals start a Go Fund Our Kchunts. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............
congratulations on sharing your fish lunch with a computer screen?

I guess if that trips ur trigger have at it.
Looks like Another thread gone to sh*t.

Hint.

I'm laughing too! That's a hilarious set-up there.

I guess all the extra mags are in case one of the rocks you shoot at charges? Even funnier is the sling. Do you use that over a shirt? I'll bet you wouldn't know what a sling hook is if it gigged you by your tiny balls.

Typical big spender, shows up thinking they can buy points. But you are even more pathetic - you won't even show up!

LOL! I just noticed the sticker - "Victory Bound". Hahahahaha!!! The only thing you are bound to is that Southern AK rock you sit your troll ass on!
nohunter,

If/when you catch a meal of your own,do share...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Drool,

Don't be so hard on yourself,if only because you "could" interject at a moment's notice and correlate your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise" yet again,that you Drooltards in summoned in conjunction,couldn't begin to proffer an inkling of a First Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING...............

Trybone,

Here's to the heartfelt trepidations,of your exceedingly WELL founded and countless Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm VERY "surprised",at your perpetual fixations upon Male Anatomy and wares welllll beyond your means. Pardon the adhesion of a prior Owner's preference,upsetting your place in the Cheese Line. Hint. Laughing!

Weren't my intent to corelate,that less than a day's wages,would/could circulate your Estrogen Levels in sucha' manner. What do you "do" for a "living",that fuels that "fire"? Hint. LAUGHING!

Again and if only in fairness...how many times a day do you think about me? Not on one of your "good" days,just an average one? How many of those innumerable times,involve your Olfactories? Just a rough percentage,will be fine. Pardon my horning you up and undoubtedly,Testosterone reliably attracts you. Hint.

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

Here is a humorous mental picture,
Stinky trying to operate a Yoyo.
You always slather like a drunken idiot or is it only a facade you hide behind on the internet?

This [bleep] getting more funny by the second.

In recap, I’m a do nothing bitch, can’t shoot, cant buy a rifle, broke dick, and haven’t ever caught a fish.

What did I miss?

Oh yeah, latent homosexual.
You know big stick.
I really wish you got the “hint” and just accept that 99.9% guys on here don’t give a flying F about what you have to say. Or the constant same old pics.
Even though I Have you blocked, I just can’t help my self and have to look at the dumpster fire posts you have.
It’s kind of like tiger king. Just A F**king train wreck.
Sure you have lots of ugly toys and when I can decipher your kindergarten grammar, it sounds like you’re a wealth of knowledge.
But the way you come across...it is just such a pain in the a**.
Please go see a shrink, Delete your account and then blow your brains out so no one has to endure this any more.
Originally Posted by Filaman
If y'all are building these on regular bolt gun platforms and not ARs why not build the 6x47 instead? It uses the .222 Remington Magnum case instead of the .223. It'll give you ano ther 100 or so FPS. It's too long for the AR 15 action but it'll work well in a short action bolt gun. I know what you will say, brass! Yes .223 brass is much more plentiful and easier to come by. But you can get brass for it. I look at brass as an occasional purchase and .222 Mag. brass ain't gonna break the bank. And it gives you a longer neck which will aid in accuracy. Also, it's the same brass the .204 Ruger is made from. ,

I will consider it. I am still in the planning stage of this.

Before ARs got mega popular this was the one. But it won't fit the AR-15. There's another 6x47 but It's not the same thing. Back in the day bench rest shooters used .222s and .222 Mags. But for 200 yard bench rest they wanted some form of 6mm because they figured it would buck the wind better. don't know about that but that was what is written about it. But it turned out to be a pretty good deer and hog rifle. The 6x45 was never considered for bench rest because of the short neck of the .223 case. Plus it does offer a little more powder space.
6mm,

You ARE the YoYo...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

nohunter,

Weren't my intent to horn you up...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Kudos on your Brokedicktitude. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Drool,

You are sucking the wrong ass..you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If only as per always,be SURE to cite any/all words that are "too Technical" or "too big" for you,mainly because it's funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

You Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your Best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

FlimFlam,

Your Dumbfhuqktitude is rather impressive...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

BC bucks wind,not bore size. Hint.

Bless your heart,for the inside look at Retardation.

Hint.

LAUGHING!......................
Weren’t you bragging about 800 a day? What’s that 140 yearly?

Floorhands make that.. Good money for a teenager.

Congratulations?

And ur throwing shade calling other dudes broke dick
Anyways good talk bro.

Thanks for all the 105 pics sub 2000fps Impacts. Knew you wouldn’t leave me hanging.
I VERY much enjoy,that you Fhuqktards are doing your best,with what incredibly fhuqking little you "have" to work with...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Dinner on a paper plate in front of the computer. I'd feel sorry for anyone else, that's so pathetic.

Maybe with all your big $$$, not only could you travel to a match, you could buy a hooker that does dishes too. laugh
BabyMan tends to make a mess and diapers have their place,despite your inability to grasp the obvious...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Whining Clueless Brokedicks are a hoot and pardon FRESH food,as you cower in quarantine! Hint.

Hint.

Asking a guy for validation about what a bullet may or may not do at the 400 yard line and it elicits such a visceral response?

At some point I obviously won’t bother to engage you in meaningful exchange of ideas.

Ur 5 deer tags a fall and a couple bear tags is little leagues. It would take 5 years of getting after it for you to build a meaningful dataset On a single bullet.

As much as you want to appoint yourself and Hornady lifetime achievement awards, it ain’t how it works. Extrapolating datasets is a guess. I ain’t guessin.

It’s embarrassing for myself to admit that last year I only killed a dozen critters and maybe 9 weeks all up in the bush.. That was a morning worth of killing and the first quarter in a previous period of time. [bleep] changes.

Oh and if catching a steely and eating it in front of a computer is the epitome of getting after it, the prize is all yours.

Good talk fossil dick.

Ps I’ll flick you my fieldcraft, name ur price. Be my good deed of the month to help the less fortunate. Couple montucky’s can share the ride if ur inclined. Making it a point to not slum junk or stuff that sits in the corner.
nohunter,

I rather enjoy the fact,that the only thing you "shoot" is your mouth...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you set mired and "getting" to read about it. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Dinner on a paper plate in front of the computer. I'd feel sorry for anyone else, that's so pathetic.

Maybe with all your big $$$, not only could you travel to a match, you could buy a hooker that does dishes too. laugh

I noticed that also. With all of the stinkys wealth, you would think he could come up with some classic plastic plates. And just a plain slab of bear reject fish.

That's almost as funny as watching the troll play with a yoyo.
Whining Brokedick Lying Kchunts are a hoot. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Covid Clueless Melting Fhuqktards are fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING....................
You keep screenshots of me?

How sweet.
Now I know you are a f u c k I n g q u e e r.
I enjoy the simplistic Fact,that you are a Brokedick Lying Pece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Can anybody play?

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by geedubya
Can anybody play?

ya!

GWB

I believe I might have number 8
Originally Posted by lapua6547

I believe I might have number 8

10/4

Enjoy!

GWB
I do have number 8
Gee dub

What bullet ya usin?

I don't shoot the 6 x 45 all that much. I mainly thought I'd be a Johnny-come-lately.

B has not availed himself to comment on any of the latest "Petting Zoo" episodes from the Haybale and Crockett Cronicles, and being the passive-aggressive type, I figured it was time to take my fair share of abuse!

Gee dub

What bullet ya usin?

Mainly the 70 Gr. Sierra Blitz.

For years I pretty much abstained from AR's, as I do not like the way they balance in the hand nor ride the bags. I purchased the stripped lower and built it from there circa 2012. The barrel on this one is Ceramic lined and it took a while to find a load that it liked.

I've changed the scope recently and installed a red dot. I use it from time to time to perforate multiple hoglets that I've trapped.

I actually prefer the 6 x 47, loaded with the Barnes 80 Gr. TTSX.

I managed to snag a Cooper M21 chambered for the 6 x 47 with a 1 in 10 twist here on the Fire. It likes the Barnes TTSX and although I prefer to smack hoglets with rifles chambered for 6.5 and up, the 80 gr. Barnes works well on Turkeys and hoglets, and does not make too much of a mess.

Ya!

GWB
I did have a Remington M7 chambered for the 6 x 47

It was a sweet shooter.

Sakohunter264 decided he needed it worse than I did. I think he mainly wanted the McMillan stock!

ya!

GWB
nohunter,

I rather enjoy the fact,that the only thing you "shoot" is your mouth...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you set mired and "getting" to read about it. Hint.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

nohunter,

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

I was gonna SHAEN my montucky to 6x45 have him mod the box/ejector, run a 1-4 swfa with 55 mils of travel as a cullin rifle with 20cent 105’s. Can’t hate a 6x, but it’s nice having 14oz package with a good ret and illuminated for the bush.

Then I saw the video yesterday of you and Justin running the same and realized that’d be gayer then AIDS to copy. I guess I could let the girls run amuck with pink and purple paint and hope that cancels it out.

As a rule I don’t trust smaller diameter hpbt to anchor [bleep] when velocity drops below 2200. Most guys aren’t shooting 105’s from a 3000+ launch to garner what a 2600fpa start will do at the 500 yard line.

Then again hornady steel 75gr will work for the purpose intended. Nice to touch a round once and that’s stuff in the mag box. Touch slow but 0-300 no biggy.

Does noyes island have any above bushline besides that crag straight behind the lodge?
nohunter,

At least you can "afford" to "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................
What set of parameters you want to wager on that if I win, you’ll [bleep] off from the forum permanently?? Side wager my fieldcraft for the sporter 54.

Animals killed 2020?

Fish caught 2020?

Days afield 2020?

Physical fitness?

Amount getting laid?

Ur calling me a broke-dick, khouch bount [bleep] do nothing bitch, call my bluff.

I changed parameter slightly. If you saw it the first go round we can stick to it.. but I’d rather be it something that’s attainable going forward that’s positive. Me proving I have more wealth then you accomplishes nothing.

And yet another thread by someone looking for advice and opinions that was completely derailed by the same useless sh*t and 'who the fuqc cares' pictures of his lunch and other sh*t.
You Melting Snowflake CLUELESS Covid Queens are a fhuqking hoot and never disappoint in the magnificent grandeur of oblivious humor,by simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Ummmmmm everything cited in .257" sucks ass,if only because boolits matter more than headstamps. Hint.

I've shot or got all of the 6mm's thus far cited and a bunch that ain't. Hint.

There's ZERO fhuqking way I'd build a 270 slower than 8",though one of 'em is in 7.5". Hint.

Starting velocity,ain't arrival velocity and that one stumps all of you Fhuqktards. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

Well butthead the 25's have some good cast bullet molds to play with and generally in the real world good to 250 yards works for most chores.
Originally Posted by geedubya

I don't shoot the 6 x 45 all that much. I mainly thought I'd be a Johnny-come-lately.

B has not availed himself to comment on any of the latest "Petting Zoo" episodes from the Haybale and Crockett Cronicles, and being the passive-aggressive type, I figured it was time to take my fair share of abuse!

Gee dub

What bullet ya usin?

Mainly the 70 Gr. Sierra Blitz.

For years I pretty much abstained from AR's, as I do not like the way they balance in the hand nor ride the bags. I purchased the stripped lower and built it from there circa 2012. The barrel on this one is Ceramic lined and it took a while to find a load that it liked.

I've changed the scope recently and installed a red dot. I use it from time to time to perforate multiple hoglets that I've trapped.

I actually prefer the 6 x 47, loaded with the Barnes 80 Gr. TTSX.

I managed to snag a Cooper M21 chambered for the 6 x 47 with a 1 in 10 twist here on the Fire. It likes the Barnes TTSX and although I prefer to smack hoglets with rifles chambered for 6.5 and up, the 80 gr. Barnes works well on Turkeys and hoglets, and does not make too much of a mess.

Ya!

GWB

I like it geedubya.
I apologize for dredging up an old thread, but it was easier than trying to explain why I am saying what I am.
I heard about the 6x47 when I was a kid. It was a good idea back then, for what it was intended, mainly a small rifle for a boy, girl, or small woman to start hunting with for deer or antelope.
It is light, accurate, and has adequate power out to about 300 yards for what it is intended.
Because the AR-15 was just coming online, someone got the idea to use .223 cases, and the 6x45 became popular.
I thought that was a pretty good idea, but didn't do anything about it, until recently I was at the LGS's shop checking on some work I was having done.
the GS was holding a bolt and playing with it. Anyone who has disassembled an M98 bolt knows it's a ton of fun. The GS was popping the bolt apart and putting it back together, with no problem and no tools! I asked what he had in his hands, and he told me "A Howa!"
I decided to get one then and there.
I bought a .223 action and decided to build something. I thought about the 6x45, but decided to get something larger. My decision was the 6.5 TCU.
The TCUs are for handguns, and the bullets are seated out too long for most rifles. They will fit in regular SAs, but I felt that the balance would be a bit peculiar, so I ordered a reamer with no throat, then got a separate throating reamer so I adjust the bullet to be seated wherever I choose.
I figured the go-to bullets would be 85gr Sierra hollow-points or Speer 90gr TNTs, so I put a short throat in, and just seat the base of the bullet into the case further, against the present train of thought.
I got a small laminated Richard's Micro-fit classic style stock, and Pac-Nor 20" pencil barrel, and 1-4x variable Leopold scope, and after assembly tried it out.
Most of my shooting is over my Oehler chronograph, so while 'grouping' I can keep track of ballistics, and use every different powder I can.
I don't have the load-book right here with me, but I can tell you that it worked out real well for me.
I would say, though, that if I were to do it again, I would like to try a Mini-Mauser action, or Mini-Howa action. I am happy enough with what I have, so it'll be a while before I try.
I use the little terror more for calling coyotes, than deer, but it'll reach as far as I wish it to. I can almost put it into my pocket to carry it into the stand, it's so small.
Have fun,
Gene
© 24hourcampfire