Home
Go!
Much obliged, Grand Poobah.

Neighbor called me last night and said he received a Randy Anderson Lil' Dog call for Christmas and wanted to try it out. It only took about 15 minutes this morning to work.

He called and I shot. 22-250 with a "fur friendly" Nosler 55 grain solid base bullet.

[Linked Image]
Great start to the new year!!
[Linked Image]
You call that slacking?
Well, it IS almost noon....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice! Already jealous!
Don: New Forum Rules:

You can't post any pics without Finn in them....
I left him in the barn when my antelope hunter and me went after this guy. He don't need quilled.....

[Linked Image]
Okay...I'll let that one slide.....just this once.

Love and kisses: Poobs, your Pseudo mod

What's that, about 60 rounds of ammo hanging off that AR?

Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]
and it took him most of it.......
First dog of the year and my first ever blonde coyote. Saw 10 this morning, my buddy killed 1, missed 2 and I killed this one. Had a run in with her last year but couldn't seal the deal, not so today.

Attached picture 20160102_123737-1_opt.jpg
Attached picture 20160102_124333_opt.jpg
Never seen one quite like that...pretty cool cool
That is a cool looking coyote 10ga! Congrats. You going to get it tanned or anything?
I slacked on our thread last year.

This morning with the kiddos.

[Linked Image]

One more on the way out.

[Linked Image]

Shrap was up to 50 rabbits by 1300 today. I'm sure he'll remind us...

Calling should be good next weekend.

Happy New Year.

Dave
Nice work Flave and Family
Thanks Lonny.

Did you fix up your shop to meet unemployed in AZ standards yet?

Travis

I hate to blow the lid off the thread this early in the year, but we just set a record for most rabbits in a single morning. It was 3 below when we left this morning to a clear sky and no wind by Big Timber.

The snow was drifted in a couple places, but we dug and chained up, nothing will stop us from hunting rabbits. Some people think they work to get elk, we work plenty hard for rabbits, and it pays off.

[Linked Image]

The storm hit a few..

[Linked Image]

By noon, my son's wife called saying the furnace wouldn't turn on and he had to call it quits at noon with over 50 rabbits in the pot. Those that were blown too badly to keep were left for the coyotes...

[Linked Image]
Not understanding the wife/furnace dilemma.

Those Storms leave me cold.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
Thanks Lonny.

Did you fix up your shop to meet unemployed in AZ standards yet?

Travis

I'm working at [bleep] it up and than him and I are gonna go tag team on making rabbit hutches...

Speaking of rabbits, holy chit! You guys are making rabbits think coyotes are the least of their worries at the moment.
I have good spots.

Shrap has AMAZING spots.

It's an up year regardless.

Travis
Not understanding the wife/furnace dilemma.

Those Storms leave me cold.

Travis

You are easily the 8th wonder of the world. Everyone here wonders what you are. How do you not get it was the furnace that doesn't work that will leave you cold...
I have good spots.

Shrap has AMAZING spots.

It's an up year regardless.

Travis

Has anyone seen any sign?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by shrapnel

You are easily the 8th wonder of the world. Everyone here wonders what you are. How do you not get it was the furnace that doesn't work that will leave you cold...

But if you're not in that house....

Never mind.

Save some for me please. I'll be down there the last week of January.

Travis
Looks like a great year for bunnies in Mt.. We have quite a few here this year compared to last.. Looks like rabbit pot pies for the next mth..
[Linked Image]
huntsma22, you get a new truck, it's a beauty!

Ruger Bearcat...

[Linked Image]

Ruger Bearcat...

[Linked Image]

A Ruger?

When I find out who you really are, I'm going to beat the schit out of you for hacking shrapnel's account.

Travis

Some arctic foxes !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Cool fox photos!!
Originally Posted by Konnari
Some arctic foxes !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those arctic foxes are Uber cool! I would love to shoot a few of those! Beautiful hides!

What are you shooting them with?
Too much bad luck this year already. Did call this one in this morning. He about tackled my caller!
[Linked Image]
New Years Day the dogs needed a bit of exercise, so we took a ride in the hills hoping to see a jack to shoot.. Not long in to the trip, I shot one with the 1911 .45, since I am not as good as Shrapnel and MacKay, I hit a bit far back.. Before I could shoot again, the chase was on.. Kate caught it and brought it in, but Maggie had to try in get in on the action:

[Linked Image]
The first Jack and 1911.. a 230 gr. Horn. hollow point did the job..

[Linked Image]
Next one, we spotted stilling in a fence row.. One shot from the Smith .45 acp did the job.. Again a 230 Horn.

[Linked Image]
On our way home, we spotted several jack sitting in the willows across the creek.. We potted two with the .22-250 adl, but it was too far to hike over and collect them so we left them for coyote bait.. But in the last ranch we could hunt, we spotted another just right for the S & W 4" .357.. 140 gr. Rem HP over 2400 did the job..

[Linked Image]
While I was finishing with the pics Maggie was busy trying to get a snack of fresh rabbit.. She was not quite able to make the climb.. Maybe next week!!

[Linked Image]
Today, we took another little tour.. Only saw one sitting in the shad of some old trees.. Spotted him with binocs.. Too far for my revolvers, so I tried the Marlin .30-30. 170 Horn did the job.. Kate made the retrieve.. No pics til we got home..

[Linked Image]
Wyo: I love seeing the little baby dog digging all this stuff! Likewise congrats on the 1911 shooting. Wayyyyy back in the day I qualified 'Expert' with one of those....still can't tell you how, cause if we were locked up in a phone booth together I couldn't hit you with a 1911.....
ingwe, thanks, she is a little ball of fire.. There is no back down in her.. As for the 1911, that rabbit was just unlucky..
My God that last jack is huge! Looks like a blast!

I hate to blow the lid off the thread this early in the year, but we just set a record for most rabbits in a single morning. It was 3 below when we left this morning to a clear sky and no wind by Big Timber.

The snow was drifted in a couple places, but we dug and chained up, nothing will stop us from hunting rabbits. Some people think they work to get elk, we work plenty hard for rabbits, and it pays off.

[Linked Image]

The storm hit a few..

[Linked Image]

By noon, my son's wife called saying the furnace wouldn't turn on and he had to call it quits at noon with over 50 rabbits in the pot. Those that were blown too badly to keep were left for the coyotes...

[Linked Image]

sick Shrap green with envy.
I'll play

First day of 2016. Missed the first cat on stand 3, then redeemed myself on stand 5.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Damn dude! First you are the Musky Slaying MoFo, now you are consistently calling in cats in Ky....

Do you always pick the hard stuff first? wink
I call bullshit.

He's not wearing camouflage.
RWE- that's hilarious. I quit believing in camo when I was teenager. Don't own a single piece of it. I have found is you sit still and STFU you are just as successful.

Ingwe. We have a ton of cats around here. At least where I'm
At. I call more cats than coyotes and fox. Just the kind of country it is I reckon. We are only allowed 5 a year which is 3 by gun, 2 by trap.
Beautiful cat!!
What kind of fox do you get there, red, gray, or both?
We have both species yes.
Originally Posted by Ky221
RWE- that's hilarious. I quit believing in camo when I was teenager. Don't own a single piece of it. I have found is you sit still and STFU you are just as successful.

You still look like a teenager laugh

Out in the styx, wearing earth tones, sporting a white caller and a scattergun, banging pussy in the woods....

You give us old guys hope....
Thanks RWE. I was born a few decades too late. I don't own a synthetic gun. Wood and blue for me.

Btw I'm 24, Hard to find people my age that wanna do this stuff. I tend to go solo or roll with the old dudes
I put my pic of the nimrods up the other day, but the boss wanted to have one with the most handsome antelope guide IN THE WORLD in it. And the little dog who loved him. Added just for INGWE

[Linked Image]
It does not go unappreciated....

Finn IS the most handsome antelope guide in the world, but I didn't know ( and don't see....) he had a little dog of his own...... whistle
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Today, we took another little tour.. Only saw one sitting in the shad of some old trees.. Spotted him with binocs.. Too far for my revolvers, so I tried the Marlin .30-30. 170 Horn did the job.. Kate made the retrieve.. No pics til we got home..

[Linked Image]

nice turdy-turdy! love a retriever that isn't a bird snob. Mine retrieves squirrels. smile
Late night double. We finally got some single digit cold.

[Linked Image]
What optic is that Brent?
Nice work!!
Pulsar XD50 thermal.

It's like cheating.

wink
Had a great day Sunday. Snuck up on 5, but managed to get only one. Not sure if it's me or the gun, probably me. Ended up seeing a total of 21, some where probably the same, but I know for sure at least 11 were different. It's amazing how far away you can see'em in the snow. Makes a guy wonder how many he walks by when there is no snow.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Lonny
That is a cool looking coyote 10ga! Congrats. You going to get it tanned or anything?

I gave her to a local taxidermist. He is going to mount her.
Originally Posted by bbassi
Late night double. We finally got some single digit cold.

[Linked Image]

Nice pair! I love the color of that top dog.
that one is neat. red on both sides but has a dark black mane that runs from the back of the ears to the base of the tail. I may save and tan that one. We kill quite a few redish ones around here.
[Linked Image]
Two from Sunday.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And one from today.

[Linked Image]

Before...

[Linked Image]

After...

[Linked Image]
don't put the next 'after' pic up.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

WTF?

Dave

WTF?

Dave

I saw another blonde this morning close to where I killed her last week, maybe 150 yards apart. Must be in their blood.

I saw another blonde this morning close to where I killed her last week, maybe 150 yards apart. Must be in their blood.

Dude, lots of law enforcement types on this site and returning to the scene of the crime will get you caught and the chair in some states. smile
Looks yummy Shrap! I just cooked up a batch of bunny with Portabello mushrooms and a sherry sauce.....yummmmmmmm.

Gonna fry some this week.

Dude, lots of law enforcement types on this site and returning to the scene of the crime will get you caught and the chair in some states. smile

Anything for another blonde!!
Cold but good day on the line. Started out at -9degrees

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Looking good laker. Keep it up!!
Very ice nice Laker....
What I was doing yesterday.

Killed at @ 150 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Killed at @ 105 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Finally,killed at @ 210 yds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You catch that Cat in a snare.....with that many Coyotes in your area you're lucky they didn't eat it if you did......to late now though lol....good job......
he didn't fall far before plugging up......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Any more pics of the Chevy ?
Oh yeah,,nice goats
[Linked Image]
Also,there was two of us calling and hunting coyotes. Partner did not kill any coyotes,but,he's in that area almost every day and kills them.
Today:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Layin em low!! Nice work!!!
[Linked Image]

Very badass ride!!!
'flave, what flavor rifle is that? is the mag aftermarket?
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
You catch that Cat in a snare.....with that many Coyotes in your area you're lucky they didn't eat it if you did......to late now though lol....good job......

I did catch him in a snare. I had three other snares set up in that little area and snagged two coyotes too so maybe I saved my bacon. To bad cat prices are rough this year.

It's a Howa Mini. It comes with that mag from the factory.

MtnBoomer trimmed the factory stock for me. I can't not love that rifle. It's awesome.

Travis
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

It's a Howa Mini. It comes with that mag from the factory.

MtnBoomer trimmed the factory stock for me. I can't not love that rifle. It's awesome.

Travis

Caliber & barrel length??
Cool beans. The Swift Fox is uber cool!
Love the red color phase of the top one.
Been trying to post for a couple days.. Will see.. A limit of 10 cottontails taken with the .222 and 63 gr. Sierra bullets..

[Linked Image]
Cool beans Wyo.....whats the twist in your deuce?

Ive been getting those 63 grainers to shoot in a 1 in 14 .22-250 but haven't tried them in the loose deuce....

Gonna try to doink a pig or two in Tejas with them next month out of the .223AI
ingwe, Thanks, it is the dreaded 1-14.. I have had it for 36 years.. It is about 8000 rds. old.. I never had a problem getting that 63 grain to shoot in any 1-14 twist rifle.. I have used them in the .222 through the Swift..

Good luck on the pigs.. We are going down the second week in Feb. if all works out.. I am going to take some bigger rifles, maybe my .22-250, but have a couple I want to use..

Im headed down on Feb 6...might run into you! Where are you headed?
We will hunt the Nail, if I can get the dates ok.. We will probably hunt around the 10th.. Good luck.. Where are you bound for??
PM inbound ( before we screw up this thread....) grin
ok..
My driver on the jack rabbit and cottontail hunts!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

before ingwe flips out......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
22, he is growing fast!!!
My Bisley .44 spl. and my two furry friends!!

[Linked Image]
Thats more like it Don...I didn't want to have to come down there and take him away from you just so he could be in some hunting pics!
My Bisley .44 spl. and my two furry friends!!

[Linked Image]

the baby dog is getting bigger! laugh
Growing like a weed!!
Same day results. Nice day yesterday morning to sight in my Christmas present, do a little hunting after lunch.

[Linked Image]
Same trip as the jack with the Bisley, this time m. 29:

[Linked Image]
The gang at work:

[Linked Image]
The close of a good day..

[Linked Image]

Woke up to a fresh skiff of snow Sunday. Took the oldest boy out for his first real coyote hunt. I was on a different part of the property when he shot his, so I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to share it with him.
I ended up shooting one by myself, the second one he could see me, but didn't see what I was shooting at. We both missed another one each.

[Linked Image]
Well done MH and son! Your son has really grown up.
The close of a good day..

[Linked Image]

That is one darn nice picture Wyo!
The gang at work:

[Linked Image]

lovin' it! laugh
Originally Posted by ingwe
The gang at work:

[Linked Image]

lovin' it! laugh

+ 2!

What beautiful animals! ( nice looking dogs grin )....
Thanks guys, they are a big part of my life.. They are whining to get moving to the hill right now..
.177 Pumpmaster Classic.... and the dove who's been schitting on the cars for the past couple days...

[Linked Image]
that'll learn him.....
before ingwe flips out......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Scrolling down the page in a hurry and thought the heeler was a yote for a second!! School me on your shooting iron Huntsman.
just a cheapo ruger american predator 6.5 with krylon and a can.
Nice cold morning to be out and about.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Excellent work!!!
Bad day for Sylvester!!
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
.177 Pumpmaster Classic.... and the dove who's been schitting on the cars for the past couple days...

[Linked Image]

That blood will take the blueing right off.
Anyone want the pelt off this one: grin

[Linked Image]
I do. Go ahead and skin, stretch and dry it. My $5.00 is in the mail......
Laker,
That's a toad of a cat man....he will bring some good cash.....good job on the day afield.
Originally Posted by Joe
Anyone want the pelt off this one: grin

[Linked Image]

Chupucabra!
Good job on the cat Laker! I can't seem to buy one around here this year...
Originally Posted by mtcurman
Good job on the cat Laker! I can't seem to buy one around here this year...

I kinda went after them last year but this year I really have and have gotten lucky and got two. My normal areas that I have found cat sign in the past have no sign at all this year so I had to find some new ground and it's paying off. Just set it first part of this year and have caught a cat each week.
Great pic on the cat.
laker

Great cat!
Heading out here in a few minutes, with any luck I will post some pictures later today. We have been seeing a bunch of yotes lately and killing a few of them.

Stay tuned!!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Don, what can do you have on the 6.5?
Sico Harvester on the American, Sico Omega on the RPR
[Linked Image]
One more week and I'm done till next fall

[Linked Image]
Was on the spotter looking for coyotes and seen a few PD's out before the blizzard hits. Ranged them from the deck, and went to work. Tried a double at 565 and only got one. The tuther one run to another mound. I waited until things lined up........grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Shot from the deck of 'the little-shack-on-the-flats'. The wind is down, must be the calm before the storm.Hard to see my house without zooming the camera....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
NYS FoxPro predator hunt. My partner and I took 4th.

[Linked Image]
Laker, nice catch..

bbassi, looks like you folks did a fine job.. That brush country is tough to hunt..
Mtcurman & Field, Did I miss any photos with cats.. You guys usually post some nice ones... I try to keep caught up, but have been away some this mth.. Hope you did well..
[Linked Image]

the pup likes goo-fling snow cones...

[Linked Image]
Mtcurman & Field, Did I miss any photos with cats.. You guys usually post some nice ones... I try to keep caught up, but have been away some this mth.. Hope you did well..

Wyo I've been slackin' off on cats this year, laffin'.. I've got about a dozen cat sets out so far, this time last year I had around 80 out. Plus there's way less sign. I'm going to set a few new areas in the morning, so hopefully I'll have one before long. Dad caught this one in a snare a week or so ago.. Stinks that cat prices have tanked, cause this is a dandy. Here it is put up.

[Linked Image]
Here's a few other critters though.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Plus I have a new time vamp.....d'oh!

[Linked Image]

Ben
A guy carrying a butt pad must really be planning on having to fix his truck! laugh

Cool critters-as always- and a pretty nifty little Marlin!
Yes, nice critters, and that is a sharp Marlin.. Thanks for the photos!!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Those light colored coyotes are pretty!
[Linked Image]

one for ingwe
[Linked Image]
Finn is lovin' it! laugh
Winter is starting to wind down and I'm about done until next year.

A couple males.

[Linked Image]

Back in the day, some homesteader spent Oct 5, 1928 building this springbox. No house left anymore, but I've heard that once upon a time somebody had a house near this spring. I lifted the cover, reached in and cupped out enough handfuls of water to quench my thirst.

[Linked Image]
Good stuff Lonny....you skinning those Coyotes....
Charlie, I've been giving them to a kid who has been trying his hand at trapping and hunting them. I don't think he is doing very well catching or killing and he is happy to take them.

Normally I do when the price is worth the effort. I had a guy who bought and wanted them in the round, but I got tired of getting beat up over a few dollars and listening to him point out every flaw so I quit going to him.

Last year and this year I've been giving them all to the kid. Last year he did real well, well enough that I started to think maybe I should get a cut smile But he did all the work and is a darn good kid.
Tell him to sell to Don over in Orofino.....he'll give him twice what he'll get in Moscow.....pm or call me if you need his number....
Is that Judkins by chance?
Not a bad way to end the season. Only 9 more months and I'll be after them again. Now to decide to sell local, ship to NAFA, or drive to Livingston for the Western States Sale in a couple weeks

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
First one night predator slam. Couldn't find a bobcat for the grand slam, but pretty happy none the less. My pup blood trailed one of the yotes through a thicket for me and did great.

[Linked Image]
Coyote rut is on. 6 days of hard hunting our best ever year. 21 males and 14 females.

[Linked Image]
You wait 6 days to skin? I hate skinning green bellied coyotes......
Not all were 6 days.
No chitt thats makin work, nice shooting thou...

no kidding. They smell bad enough when they are fresh. Not to mention trying to peal any coyote over 24hours dead sucks moose balls.

great picture roundoak. are you calling or pushing?
Originally Posted by roundoak
Coyote rut is on. 6 days of hard hunting our best ever year. 21 males and 14 females.

[Linked Image]

Dang! That's bunch!
Originally Posted by jimy
No chitt thats makin work, nice shooting thou...

Chest freezers are your friend.

no kidding. They smell bad enough when they are fresh. Not to mention trying to peal any coyote over 24hours dead sucks moose balls.

great picture roundoak. are you calling or pushing?

Chest freezers and buyers that buy "in the round" are options.

Mouth calls and squeekers.
Not all were 6 days.

But the ones that were, are stinking green-bellies. Frezzen, or not......
Boy, I am glad we got that clarified. grin
Some pretty good coyote killing for Wisconsin if you ask me.
[Linked Image]
Nice job there Field.. Will have to catch up on the rest later..
I was hunting deer when this guy showed up.It really made a loud pop when the 165gr Nosler Ballistic Tip fired from a 30-06,mv 2940fps,made contact at 125yds.I was going to skin this guy out until I saw the massive exit wound.If you look real close near the top of the wound you can see the little green tip.

[Linked Image]
Nice work Charlie.
Nice work Charlie.

Twern't no work to it Lonny......Sally treed it while I was pulling traps today....I'm not actually sure if she treed it or just followed it's trail to the tree it was already in but she started raising hell so I hauled ass over to where she was fearing she was tangling with a P-Pine and lo and behold she had this old Boar bayed up....26#'s according to my old fish scale...I didn't even have a gun on me...had to go back to the house and get one....ha

It must be breeding season because that was the stinkingest Coon I ever skint...he even had stale piss all over his belly like a Bull Elk or something....PEEEE UUUUUUU!!!!!!
Fieldgrade I haven't seen any of your cat pictures this year. You not chasing them?
Well, Good work Sally than! smile

I was thinking he looked pretty nice. 26 lbs is bigger than some coyotes. Dandy!
FG,
Got to love a Cur!
That would be a huge boar for around here, we rarely get one over 20#s
Originally Posted by laker
Fieldgrade I haven't seen any of your cat pictures this year. You not chasing them?

Yea...I'm chasing em but clearly I suck at it......or maybe they all moved to MT....you've sure been stacking em up this year....

Originally Posted by willecoyote
FG,
Got to love a Cur!
That would be a huge boar for around here, we rarely get one over 20#s

Yea.....any dog that does everything but shoot em is worth feeding eh....
I sure wish you lived closer cause your boy would have been skinning coon this afternoon....I doubt there's anyone on the planet that hates Coon's like I do yet somehow I still seem to end up with one or two every year.....oh well....at least I didn't catch a Skunk this year...

Here's a 32 pounder I caught in one of my Cat sets a few years ago.....36" from nose to base of tail...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
FG, Ya'll grow'em big out there! If we lived closer he would take them! He had me pick up a fresh road kill the other day so he could add it to his fur for the year.
He's out with the dogs tonight.
The biggest one he has stretched is 28", We got one of the biggest possums I've ever seen it's 26"
I wouldn't know a big Possum if I ran over one...... smile
Managed to kill a mangy yote this morning, didn't even walk out to it. Coyote movement really slowed down in these parts. Haven't seen anything but singles for about 2 weeks.
One of our porkers from Tx..300 Savage and 150 gr. Core loke..

[Linked Image]
Second one.. Same gun and load..

[Linked Image]
Now THAT looks like fun......and with a 300 Savage.....Salute...
Wyo, Looks like a darn good time! How many pigs did you get andd have you done this before? I think I'd like to give that pig hunting a try someday.
Lonny, I killed two and my partner one... It is a great way to spend a few days in the warm Tex. sunshine, although trip before we did find snow in some areas..

This is the third or fourth trip I have made there.. It is the Nail Ranch in Albany, Tx. Rather than hunt bait, they drive around and glass.. Lots of game there deer, turkey, quail, and of course pigs.. Not as many as there used to be, but lots.. Next trip, I am going for a nice boar.. Saw a couple this time, but my wife loves pork so we shot two eating hogs.. In Feb. it seems pretty easy to get in to hunt.. Some places I checked were booked solid for Feb. Mar. and April.. Any questions just ask..

We also lucked in to a great dinner.. The county is a dry county and Albany a rather small town.. Only one Mexican rest. there, and it doesn't agree with my wife.. Any way someone mentioned the Beehive.. It is a private club, but you can join short term for a few bucks.. They have beer and mixed drinks.. It is in an old building from Ft. Griffin that was famous during Doc. Holliday's career..
We had to sign up for a table then wait in the bar for the things to get moving.. Beer was pretty pricey, but ok..
The special was all the shrimp and salad you could eat.. Honestly they were the best i have ever eaten and lots of them.. Cost was about $25/person, but I would do it again in a heart beat.. Other fool was also available.. Next night I had a good steak, and the wife had an excellent ham dinner. Fun way to spend a few days..

Next winter I plan to be in the southwest and Texas with my travel trailer and spend a couple months.. If all goes well.
Thanks for the info. It sure sounds lime a good time and like you said feel some warm sun. A couple months would be great time!

Thanks
Wyo. Glad you posted that up...I was wondering how you did. I killed a couple myself and the warm weather was nice!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Also did some predator hunting and killed a buttload of grey fox...this is by no means all of the, but a sampling... grin

There were lots of singles....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Some doubles...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and a couple triples...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
and a bonus.....

[Linked Image]
ingwe, wondered how you did.. Outstanding!!!!!! That first hog is an unusual color.. Wow what a load of grey fox, and a ringtail.. I would love to get one of those guys.. Shot a few greys when I was a kid.. Nothing like that.. Excellent.. You getting any hides tanned??

Also what bullet in the .223?? Looks like little damage to the hides..
The bullet in the .223ai was a 60 gr. Ballistic Tip, slowed down to about 2650, and hide damage on most was minimal....a bad angle would produce damage of course, but all tolled they worked great! The ringtail was a bit more loosely constructed shocked and the same load nearly took his head off ( hence the pose...)
The bluish colored gun is a .222 shooting basic 50 grain Hornady SP....it did pretty good on hides too!
No Im not getting any tanned, though I will regret one big one in particular....

The hogs got it with the AI as well, and 63 grain Sierra SMPS....
Nice work.. Thanks for the info.. My 63 gr. are about gone.. But has some 64WW's..
Im gonna try to work up a load with Nosler 64BSBs....just cause...... grin
Im gonna try to work up a load with Nosler 64BSBs....just cause...... grin

Catch any of those 63 grain Sierras?
Nope,performance was excellent.
So if Porky couldn't stop them I doubt a sub 200# whitetail will either. Thanks.
I am guessing not... Dober put one out of a .22-250 almost lengthwise through a 7 foot bear....and he is one of few whose opinions I trust. It was a fave of his for deer, and I don't see why not. I was shooting them in a 1 in 8 twist, but not pushing them too hard...about 2900 fps. Shots were 75-100 yards.
Nash and I snuck out this morning and made 3 stands before we had to beat it home due to rain... The second stand, right at 8 minutes in, I saw a coyote bedded down about 500 yards out, then he stood up and came running in. Then before I knew it, this one popped up right in front of me at about 40 yards, so I put one in his chest. Kept calling, but the other one never showed up again. We'll be back though......grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Darn nice coyote, he's not even rubbed.
Nice work! .22-250 strikes again!!
Nice work! .22-250 strikes again!!

Thanks! Gotta love a .22-250! It didn't even blow him up....
ingwe and 10, Over the years I have shot quite a few 63's.. In my .222,.223 and .22-250.. Somewhere in my collection of bullets from game, I have a 63 g. that I used on a fall turkey.. I shot it walking away with a full charge of I4350.
The bullet came apart and I just recovered the jacket... Now I don't remember if it hit the spine dead center or not.. Could have been a fluke.. That is a great turkey bullet, I think it was going about 3400fps..
Im just guessing, but like most CNC bullets, moderate velocity may help ( 2500-3000 fps)

Ben, good looking yote? Any rubbed spots?
Ingwe, nope, this one looks good as some I killed in November.... Most are pretty scruffy though.
ingwe and 10, Over the years I have shot quite a few 63's.. In my .222,.223 and .22-250.. Somewhere in my collection of bullets from game, I have a 63 g. that I used on a fall turkey.. I shot it walking away with a full charge of I4350.
The bullet came apart and I just recovered the jacket... Now I don't remember if it hit the spine dead center or not.. Could have been a fluke.. That is a great turkey bullet, I think it was going about 3400fps..

Me likes. I figure if a bullet slips the core I then have 2 projectiles going to work. I am sure plenty will disagree but on a small 200-250# whitetail I like maximum destruction. Those bullets that fly apart by slipping the core or coming completely unglued tend to drop game DRFT!
End of the line for me

[Linked Image]

Not pictured 2 Bobcats(ones getting mounted and the other one tanned) 1 mangy coyote, 1 coyote I tore in half with my skinning machine, and 2 coyotes someone decided to steal. Not my best year but not my worst either. I didn't do any calling after the middle of December and I didn't run near as long of a line as I would have liked this year but it was still fun
Very nice catch!!!
[Linked Image]
End of the line for me

[Linked Image]

Not pictured 2 Bobcats(ones getting mounted and the other one tanned) 1 mangy coyote, 1 coyote I tore in half with my skinning machine, and 2 coyotes someone decided to steal. Not my best year but not my worst either. I didn't do any calling after the middle of December and I didn't run near as long of a line as I would have liked this year but it was still fun

Laker, what's with that one second from the left? shocked
End of the line for me

[Linked Image]

NICE!!!!!! laugh
[Linked Image]

Don...havent seen you post any critters for a couple days...

Thought you were dead.

Hoping you left Finn to me in your will.
End of the line for me

[Linked Image]

Laker, what's with that one second from the left? shocked

I caught him first week in November. He was 11lbs. Must have been a real late pup and a runt at that. Smallest coyote I've ever got
Nice Laker!

Here's my son's fur, we are taking it to the buyer this week, hope it's not to bad. He's hoping to make enough to get a fishing kayak he's been eyeing for a couple years. I'm proud of him, he worked hard on it.

[Linked Image]
Nice Laker!

Here's my son's fur, we are taking it to the buyer this week, hope it's not to bad. He's hoping to make enough to get a fishing kayak he's been eyeing for a couple years. I'm proud of him, he worked hard on it.

[Linked Image]

That's a nice batch of fur. If you have never put up your own fur you don't realize the time and work that goes into it. Had a few people that wanted me to skin and put up their coyotes for them for $5-$10. I just laughed Not worth my time for that
Best of luck on the sale!!!! Also a very fine catch!!

Don...havent seen you post any critters for a couple days...

Thought you were dead.

Hoping you left Finn to me in your will.

Couldn't post until they had a new litter. Frogman43 came by for a couple days, and about cleaned the dang things out........

P.S. When I go, he's going with me. Sorry....
Roses are Red...
Violets are Blue...
Dead prairie dogs are my Red Rose to you......

[Linked Image]
Thanks Laker and Wyo, It's a lot of work but he did 99% of it, he enjoys it and you know the satisfaction you get from it. He even put up all the possums, I told him he would probably only get $1 tops for them and he said well that's a dollar and It only takes me a few minutes.

That's a nice batch of fur. If you have never put up your own fur you don't realize the time and work that goes into it. Had a few people that wanted me to skin and put up their coyotes for them for $5-$10. I just laughed Not worth my time for that

Yep $5-$10 isn't enough especially when half the people don't know enough to bring it to you before the belly is green and your skinning cabbage!

That's quite a haul your boy has there Wille....especially the reds....too bad Fox don't fetch any more than they do.....that's the prettiest of all the fur bearers IMO....

Best of luck with the fur buyer....
Thanks FG, yep the reds are pretty, I always liked finished beaver too, just cool how they turn into an oval "rug".

He really wanted to catch a bobcat this year but it didn't happen, he might need to give you a call for some pointers!
Thanks FG, yep the reds are pretty, I always liked finished beaver too, just cool how they turn into an oval "rug".

He really wanted to catch a bobcat this year but it didn't happen, he might need to give you a call for some pointers!

Best advice I'd give him is to do the exact opposite of what I did this year if he wants to catch a Cat.....
We still have a month plus of coyote season but they are starting to rub out so I'm calling it good.
[Linked Image]

Me too, it has been a long season of skinning...

[Linked Image]
THATS why I can't find any red fox around here!

Did you kill them on your way to the range? smile

No, I have been pretty house bound most of February due to surgeries, I got most of these while driving around at work in December and first part of January...
What a dumb ass.....bail em and they won't take up as much room...

[Linked Image]

No, I have been pretty house bound most of February due to surgeries, I got most of these while driving around at work in December and first part of January...

Damn...I went the whole way to Texas and barely killed half that many! whistle

Me too, it has been a long season of skinning...

[Linked Image]

DANG!!!!
Shrapnel, I didn't know you worked!!! Though all you did was hunt, fish and trade guns!,,, get well fast spring is almost here!,,
I managed to kill me a big black feral tomcat today. The 50 grain Ballistic Tip from my 22-250 made a lasting impression on him. Bunnies and quail will be a bit safer now.
this is a picture thread. Not story hour......

Funny stuff right there Don....

OK...I still got pics of dead foxes I haven't posted yet....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Schitt........please forgive me, I will snap a photo next time.
you do it like this, 10ga.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Good kitty!!! Just need to figger out how to get my pics to post instead of that download Bullschitt!

[Linked Image]

Good kitty!!! Just need to figger out how to get my pics to post instead of that download Bullschitt!

BTW, decent shot also.

[Linked Image]

I guess I can take down the posters on every telephone pole looking for " Pumpkin".....
I went and took down 'shadow's' after 10ga posted.
Plenty of Shadows and Pumpkins to go around!

Huntsman maybe you can post that photo in the "Found" section, see how many responses you get.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Bad news for the gophers. We got out today and started the season with a bang...

[Linked Image]
nice golf cart, shrap.
My cat died today.

[Linked Image]

Well, not my cat.
Originally Posted by Higbean
My cat died today.

[Linked Image]

Well, not my cat.

Overdose?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][/URL]
[Linked Image][/URL]
you got it.....
[Linked Image]
huntsman22, The puppy is growing up fast!
[Linked Image]
Lost his head
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Kate checking out a p. dog..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Finally snared a cat yesterday, on the last day of season... Pretty tickled! 41" on the stretcher.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
NICE!!! laugh
Congrads! Thats a bigun!
Finally snared a cat yesterday, on the last day of season... Pretty tickled! 41" on the stretcher.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Better late than never! My son was hoping to get one this year but didn't, just as well with the current fur market.
Thanks for sharing.
Nice Laker!

[Linked Image]

He got $200 for all his hard work but then again he's not really doing it for the money. The buyer told him he had done an excellent job on it, that put a smile of pride on his face, hard to put a price on that.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would congratulate you but I know you just posted to rub salt in my wounds so I'm not speaking to you....
Nice Laker!

[Linked Image]

He got $200 for all his hard work but then again he's not really doing it for the money. The buyer told him he had done an excellent job on it, that put a smile of pride on his face, hard to put a price on that.

Good job wille jr.......hope you catch a Cat next year.....

PM me before the season starts and I'll send you some pix of how I make my sets.....

Course I got skunked this year so you might want to take my advise with a grain or two.....

Stay after em though....you're doing a great job.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would congratulate you but I know you just posted to rub salt in my wounds so I'm not speaking to you....

SNORK! laugh
Nice work guys!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What caliber you running in that pigeon gun Huntsman?

[Linked Image]
Looks to work purty good!
Don, is the scope 3x9?
yessir
[Linked Image]
wasn't as much left of todays pidgin....

[Linked Image]
In the HRD business thats what we call 'disarticulated pieces' grin
Love watching them birds explode.

One of my favorites...

[Linked Image]

Yesterday proved decent gopher weather, enough to get out and christen a couple new guns...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Shrap, what's the the story behind the Burgess?

Yesterday proved decent gopher weather, enough to get out and christen a couple new guns...

[Linked Image]

If thats a Colt Officers Model Match or Match Target ( I can remember which...) then YOU SUCK! laugh
Shrap, what's the the story behind the Burgess?

I have a couple of Burgess guns which are extremely rare. I bought a 44-40 rifle several years ago and there were some letters and a catalog that came with it. On the catalog there was a name and phone number, so I called it to see what i could find out.

The guy at the other end of the phone was a Burgess collector and though he had nothing to do with the rifle, he had indeed copied the catalog that ended up with my rifle.

After some correspondence, I found out he had a collection of Burgess guns and other articles of interest. I bought a takedown version from him and I knew he had this folder, so years later I contacted him and got the folder. It wasn't cheap, but where can you find a gun like that in this condition?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If thats a Colt Officers Model Match or Match Target ( I can remember which...) then YOU SUCK! laugh

One thing I don't collect are stainless/plastic guns or other guns with fast twist. I keep looking for the unique stuff and have gotten a fair collection. This Colt is a Pre-Trooper marked 357 and the quality of these guns is overlooked, so I capitalize on that and get these kind of guns and leave the mainstream S&W stuff for the rest of the collectors...
Thanks! I got that one wrong! Troopers were a helluva gun...take all kinds of abuse....

Gonna do a little slow twist test in low elevation Texas this coming week.

Stay Tuned.... grin

My 1 in 12 twists have treated me well and done things with bullets they weren't supposed to.....

I don't mind the tighter twists, but they haven't shown me anything factory barrels haven't been able to show me.....

Not a Trooper...only marked 357 magnum
Yeah...but closer than my first guess! grin
Awesome guns as always, Shrapnel.. Looks like the shooting was good!

Ingwe, that is what I found about fast twist barrels bout ten years ago! Have fun in Texas! An awesome place! Shoot straight and watch out for serpents! Above all have fun and drive safe!
Flying this time....but there will be bugs and maybe snakes this time, so the Thermacell goes. I like snakes, so that'd just be a good thing. grin

Pork from last trip is friggin excellent...hows yours?
We just had some for breakfast! Outstanding!

Flyers with your rifles. Any problems? I haven't flown for years.
I am using a new IPad. It makes a lot of errors in my typing!!!

I haven't flown with guns for almost a year, but it was no problem then. My gripe is that they now charge $30-$35 for a bag. Your ammo can't be in the same case as your rifle, and it can't be in carry-on....so you WILL be paying for two checked bags, coming and going. mad

One of my favorites...

[Linked Image]

Old Crows last flight!!

I haven't flown with guns for almost a year, but it was no problem then. My gripe is that they now charge $30-$35 for a bag. Your ammo can't be in the same case as your rifle, and it can't be in carry-on....so you WILL be paying for two checked bags, coming and going. mad

Nice aint it?!?!?!?!?

The last 3 flights I have been on with firearms were on United and Delta. They allowed ammo to be in the same case as the rifle. All in the last 4 months or so.

I think different airlines have different rules though
^^^^^^^

Good to know.

Im flying Delta, and another look at their policy told me nothing. Very ambiguous.

Im already packed in two bags so its a wash on this trip. Ordinarily I can pack everything for up to a week in my carry-on...I'll ask them tomorrow and give it a shot on my next trip.

Thanks!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Is that a Predator or did you have the barrel threaded? You have said before but it slipped me brain.
american pred 6.5
american pred 6.5

Thank Ya.
Tonight was the last night of season so, we had to go out for a little while.

[Linked Image]

They treed 2, one was in a big white pine and we couldn't find it, this one made the mistake of climbing a popular.

Killing vermin with blued steel and Walnut...

[Linked Image]
great pic, shrap.
great pic, shrap.

Gotta love little boys...

[Linked Image]
great pic, shrap.

Gotta love little boys...

[Linked Image]

Yep, but they grow up quick, looks like you're starting him out right!

His father about 30 years ago when we were cutting up antelope...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Pass it on down Shrap!

When I was younger and shot everything with my Daisy. It is a generational thing...

[Linked Image]
using my new scope level today.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
stripers are out early this year. seen 3, got one.....

[Linked Image]
Weatherby Mark V .460 Wby.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[quote=huntsman22]using my new scope level today.....

[Linked Image]

Don,

in a lot of your photos, you look fairly serious--but you've got a great sense of humor for sure...
I get that 'fairly serious' way, when it comes to killin' chit..... But hey, life's too short not to have fun. And I had 'fairly serious fun' today with a 'fire guy that stopped to say hi.
Edtoomanyletters.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
PD's got the best of this pasture. 6 BR.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Damn. Is that a scattergun?
20 ga Red Label
Don, you're living in the future I see, the one where all of us will be required to wear body cameras so as to record our every move, so as we can share it with the world. grin
jeez, TR....You know I ain't got nothing better to do.
jeez, TR....You know I ain't got nothing better to do.

You better hope that guy that owns that playpen where you work is satisfied with your performance or it could be a long walk to the next ranch...
[Linked Image]

72 and 91 yds only took about 7 shots each those bulk 22 bullets are not very consistent at longer ranges from this pistol. Should of brought my S&K ammo.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Man, it ain't every day you can get them lined up like that.... That's a heckuva shot... wink
That's the kind of host/guide that Don is. He is willing to wait and position the truck to give the guest the best possible shot. grin

The closest shot I made was ~150 yards, the longest was just over 250 in winds that would make a Montanan proud. grin

Those Hornady 55gr VMaxes do over penetrate, don't they?

Ed
OK....more dead pigs to post grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

.223AI Nosler Ballistic Tip, 60 grains.
Good work there ingwe! How many did you get?
I only shot the two....a third gave me the slip grin

Our group killed 48 pigs though, despite the weather etc, so everybody got some good trigger time. A few yotes bit the dust too.
Excellent! Sounds like a great time,

Our group killed 48 pigs though, despite the weather etc, so everybody got some good trigger time. A few yotes bit the dust too.

So how does a pig behind a "fence" give you the slip?? wink

Hell, I missed a tame one inside a barn on day, but then I gottem cornered, then he felt the burn. mad

Fugger had a key to the gate.......AND the golf cart! cry

Shoulda used a combination lock. Sneaky Lil' Bastard.

[Linked Image][/URL]

I raff harariousry.
I don't have any pdogs or hogs to shoot around here but I finally found something to burn with my new fireball. It was only about 100yrds but starlings are frigidity little targets! The 25grHP made a 10' debris field out of him

[Linked Image].

I don't know what that bird did to piss you off but I bet he doesn't do it again......

What bullet are you shooting in that new FB....

Great shooting on those starlings!

Field, nice to see you on the site, I have been hit and miss lately.
Made some meat this evening with my smoothbore....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
you cook good rabbit, Pilgrim.....

do you have to sleep on the ground and chit in the woods, too?

What’s on the spit?”
“Grown particular?”
“Not about feeding. Just the company I keep...

Jeremiah Johnson to Bearclaw Chris Lapp
Says you fish poorly......
I don't know what that bird did to piss you off but I bet he doesn't do it again......

They pulled blue bird chicks out of the house and killed them......they crossed the line.....they had to pay

I shot that one with a factory Rem. 25gr HP. I picked up a 50rd box at a gun show mainly for the brass but they shoot very well in the rifle. I loaded some 20gr V-max too but so far, I've just shot paper with them.

Thanks Wyo, we don't get too many opportunities, starlings are smart and they've learned not to land within 150yrds of our house!

Mtcur, nice headshot with the smoke pole!

They pulled blue bird chicks out of the house and killed them......they crossed the line.....they had to pay

I shot that one with a factory Rem. 25gr HP. I picked up a 50rd box at a gun show mainly for the brass but they shoot very well in the rifle

Yea....that would do it for me too if we had Blue Birds....

There wasn't any brass available when I built my FB so I had to buy 100 rounds of factory (20 grainers IIRC) to get the brass....they shot good in my gun too....
Made some meat this evening with my smoothbore....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lovin' it Ben....but didn't that wabbit come up tasting a little dry?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hey Shrap, I found this picture on the new Montana hunting and fishing seasons flyer, any chance this lady related to you?

[Linked Image]

Ingwe, the rabbit wasn't the most tender critter I've ever et......grin

That rifles likely in his gun safe. laugh
Hey Shrap, I found this picture on the new Montana hunting and fishing seasons flyer, any chance this lady related to you?

[Linked Image]

Ingwe, the rabbit wasn't the most tender critter I've ever et......grin

Wow, as a matter of fact, that is my great aunt Regina from over by the Musselshell around 1902. That is a Hepburn that my great grandfather had around the homestead. He came to Montana in the 1890's to work on the northern railroad when they were building the tracks along the high line through Montana!
Correction, I have a Hepburn That came from Montana, that was used by my great uncle Charles Shipley, back in the late 1800s I think Sharpnel Has seen pictures of it. Rio7
[Linked Image]

Ok Shrapnel, you got some splaining to do. rod, no reel, the backdrop is a curtain, and what is with the post and rope behind the fish??? Is it taxidermy mount????
That picture is taken right at the dock in front of the boat tie down, that is why the rope is there. It was a hurried up picture, as my grandson had to go to the bathroom, so we just grabbed a rod for the picture before we had to make a mad dash for a bathroom at the newest Scheels...
[Linked Image]
There is that rabbit again! Nice pistol!
was over at my mother's today checking out the new cow pony born last night, when i spied the grinner lurking in the yard near the barn. fearing for the safety of the new stud colt's and mother's barn cat (the ever fearless Henry, i exited the wife's grocery getter with Glock in hand and engaged the suspect. 1 well placed federal 124 9mm HST to the Grinner's melon ended the threat.

Glock 43 1
Grinner 0

[Linked Image]
pigs

tikka243 federal 100 soft points

[Linked Image]
jack rabbits

tikka 243 federal 100 soft points

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by rockchucker
was over at my mother's today checking out the new cow pony born last night, when i spied the grinner lurking in the yard near the barn. fearing for the safety of the new stud colt's and mother's barn cat (the ever fearless Henry, i exited the wife's grocery getter with Glock in hand and engaged the suspect. 1 well placed federal 124 9mm HST to the Grinner's melon ended the threat.

Glock 43 1
Grinner 0

[Linked Image]

Outstanding! Kill everyone of those things! 'Possums carry EPM and it's spread through cysts in their feces. Horses eat grass that has the cycts on it and contract the disease. It's a neurological disease that can, and does ruin horses.

Ed
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Finn looks bored....I'd better come pick him up now...... whistle
bored? he loves to follow me around, cleaning up all the little far-flung pieces/parts.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Is that n Ultra-light stock? Looks sharp w that stainless action/barrel.
ruger UL in 204
Originally Posted by Judman
[Linked Image]

Very badass ride!!!

The truck is beautiful! That home is insane!!! fu cking awesome place..
Originally Posted by Robster
[Linked Image]

Ok Shrapnel, you got some splaining to do. rod, no reel, the backdrop is a curtain, and what is with the post and rope behind the fish??? Is it taxidermy mount????

Great fish! I figured it was something like that, just had to do a little ball bustin' there
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Another unwelcome European immigrant got burned by the 17 fireball....

[Linked Image]

My son and I went on a Snail Safari........
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Gonna do some mass reloading this week....doggies are out in abundance.
Im all caught up on mine Ben. Got my "Home Arsenal" in line! laugh

Just waiting on the weather.....
ingwe, you haven,t been shooting gophers yet? Been watching for you to tune them. We I get back to Wy. Fri., we will spend a few days sorting, getting the taxes done and planned to head north to shoot squirrels. Only guy I saw with any kills was Shrapnel...
Yeah...I haven't hit them yet...very few out and the weather has been REAL spotty!

When you are out and about keep an eye peeled to see how the bunny population is doing, especially in northern Wyoming please!

Hoping last year wasn't the high point then a crash......
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The rifle in the top three photos, is that a Parker-Hale?
ingwe, thanks. Be glad to see what I can find out about the bunnies.
Yes,it's a .25/06.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dats a goods looking Hummer you got there..... grin
She has seen about 600 rounds since I bought it from some ass hole down south...

Love that thing.

Travis
Good to hear.....
Looks like the gophers are out! We,re going for a ride her in just a bit. Some nice shooting there Travis!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Can anyone guess who we were chootin' prairie dogs and far away rocks with yesterday?

Here's a hint.... grin

[Linked Image]

Ben
Don?
Don?

Yep!

[Linked Image]
I was the spotter...... Those boys is shooters.
I was the spotter...... Those boys is shooters.

Thats too bad...you hardly ever get to kill anything.... grin

I'll bet those boys are good at what they do.....
ain't it tho......

[Linked Image]
Can anyone guess who we were chootin' prairie dogs and far away rocks with yesterday?

[Linked Image]

Marion Cobretti.

Clark
[Linked Image]

What flavor of can do you have on your buckmark huntsman?
Don are you seeing any pups down there yet?
Sico Sparrow
didn't see any yesterday....
They should be sprouting before long.....
Im heading out next week to begin Gopher Armageddon.....

the killing fields await....... grin
[Linked Image]
Are those your pack animules there in the background Don? grin
ha! no...... boss' wifes pets.
Gopher and CZ .22 mag!

[Linked Image]
ha! no...... boss' wifes pets.

Ah, darn. laugh
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
A hop rabbit and a bunny rabbit with the .460?
Yup,two jacks and a cottontail with the .460.

2 minutes ago...

[Linked Image]
Nice work guy!

Shrapnel, is that Sako' s newest rifle?

2 minutes ago...

[Linked Image]

Which cartridge did the deed?
Originally Posted by navlav8r

2 minutes ago...

[Linked Image]

Which cartridge did the deed?

That is the 45 ACP

2 minutes ago...

[Linked Image]

Strange looking src... grin
I think thats the 'post 64 ' model....... grin
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice work field. Got one of those today if they are Colombians?
Yep. Those be Colombians...

Shot up a bunch of Richardsons today...a little slow when it warmed up about noon, but two of us managed to expend about 600 rounds before then grin

Shot a bunch of Hornady 50 gr. SXs you asked about...all good.

Also shot some 50 vmax at reduced velocities ( 2000-2100 fps) Great good fun, very effective but did experience some ricochets at those speeds, so they weren't all flying apart on contact.
Thanks, looks like I need to get some SX's. Have a few, but not enough for a good one day shoot! Sounds like you are in gopher heaven!
No....but I sent a few gophers there! grin
[Linked Image]
Hunts: I been out of the gun biz for some years now. Not familiar with that pistol...looks like some kind of S&W?
Yup....

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...001_750051_804153_-1_757752_757751_image
it would be a mirror saver for charging rodents.....
Thanks Hunts! Looks like an improvement over some earlier models for sure!

Might hafta look into it, now that " shooting a mirror" is scratched off my bucket list....
[Linked Image]

Don, glad you shot that bunny & put him outta his misery.

It appears he had a real bad case of 'roids !
no sir. I pulled a 'safariman' on him.....
Hunts,

What do you think of that Smith? I was finger-blasting one the other day and they seem like a solid piece of steel.

Travis
They look kinda funky with the receiver set back from the front of the frame, but I'm really liking it. You can check the chamber with the safety on, and a easy-peasy takedown....
The grip frame is a tad small, but is checkered front and back and feels Buckmark UDX-like.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
You need tritiums.

Travis
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
" quoth the raven, nevermore"

grin

yer a 'Poe-ette', and didn't even know-ette......
[Linked Image]
Be vewwy, vewwy qwiet, we're hunting wabbits.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
http://vid26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/huntsman22/critters/MVI_9694_zpsipxjy3h4.mp4
[Linked Image]
Shot some of those 40's I loaded up for the Deuce today...boy are they rough on GS's.....
Here's a couple that didn't need reconstructive surgery for a photo op....

[Linked Image]

Stopped and did a little fishing at Winchester Lake on the way home but all I could catch were planted trout and bluegills that were to small to fillet so I lost interest....drank a beer....and headed home....

[Linked Image]

Glorious weather though and I'm so proud of my Deuce for shooting thos 40's so well and to the same POI as my regular 52 SMK loads that I could chit.....
All in all a great day....think I'll go have another beer....

PS.....hope all you working stiffs are enjoying your Monday... smirk
Nice photos Field! Glad you got some squirrels. Those old .222's are some fun! Had mine since about 1980, owned many before this one, but it has been here the longest.. 223's are fun, but the .222's are cool! Have another beer for me!
Thanks....hard to not like a 222...
I had a L461 for years that was sweet but it couldn't run with this one on it's best day....and it's just a cheap SPS that I morphed into a 222 from a 223.....it shoots every bit as good as my other two 700's with premium barrels....
Launches Squirrels better than my 17's too... smile
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF0967_zpsenmbzt6z.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

Bullet test, 45-70 350 gr. snhp or 45-70 420 gr hard cast, I'm thinkin the 420 gr. is a bit much, what do you think??
I really diggin' those 420's! How do they group?

Ed
Ed, Was over at the gun range this morning, testing some 45-70 loads, that I down loaded trying to reduce the recoil some but still have a good load.the 420gr. hard cast shoot almost 1 hole at 50 yrds and under 1" at 100 yrds I'm happy with that. those little hole diggin ground gophers were all over the place, so I thought I would do a penetration test, like I said I think the 420gr. is a bit much. Rio7
[Linked Image]
Chukar Don ?
yessir.

[Linked Image]
Wow, nice going there !

Hope you were wingshootin', of Piddler's gunna be pizzed !
[Linked Image]
the pups are out....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Looks like that little Smith is earning it's keep Don.... cool

Got rained off the dog town a couple days ago.. When I got there a few will still up, but after just a couple shots the ones I didn't hit where down and didn't come back up. Today would be perfect but it's so dadgum muddy getting up there. Might go anyway.

UBER portable benchrest....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hee hee... Heckle and Jeckle got alittle too mouthy, eh Hunts?

Nice pic and shootin
I really want a Victory.

Dave
Huntsman

Now THAT is a bullsnake!

Took the H&R Ultra in 17 Remington out for the first time in over a year. It still works and I wonder why I waited so long...

[Linked Image]
Beautiful rifle there.. Looks like it does the job..
Nash and I got sick of watching coyotes bugging the pregnant yard deer today, so we went calling... I got one, and we called in another, but it, shall we say got away clean..... whistle Not as much fun this time of year, but it was good to get out again.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Good job.. I used to kill a lot of coyotes this time of year that were hunting for antelope fawns.. Yesterday, rolled one twice, but couldn't keep him down..
curman, I used to kill a lot of coyotes this time of year hunting for antelope fawns.. Yesterday I rolled one twice, but couldn't keep him down..
Fieldgrade(Charlie) and I got together some days back and made a ground squirrel foray.

He packed his custom-barreled .17 Fireball and I brought my custom-kmart 223 RAR. smile

FG is a gentleman of the highest order to shoot varmints with. He doesn't hog all the shots, talk when your about to shoot or shake the pickup if you are using it for a rest.

I kinda wondered why he was loading concrete blocks into his pack when we left the pickup, but later on I found out why...

[Linked Image]

We got to bull-chitting too much and often one of us would say, "That squirrel has been standing there for 10 minutes somebody really should shoot it."

Neither of us missed a single shot over 300 yards on this day so we were on our game pretty good. wink

Charlie counting coup on this big'ol boar squirrel that chased the poor settlers off their homestead some years back.

[Linked Image]

Anyway, we left plenty for seed and pretty much solved most of the country's problems and found all that is right with world.

Took this pic thinking it was some kind of flowering native plant. Got home and looked in my plant book to find out it is called Creeping Buttercup and considered "invasive" Next time we better pack 2-4D instead of varmint rifles...

[Linked Image]

Great stuff, beautiful country!!
Just seen this....
Newly assembled ar, and 60gr V Max's.
[Linked Image]
Looking back from a destructo spot.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
or shake the pickup if you are using it for a rest.

Sorry....couldn't help myself... grin

BTW.....you need to have your camera checked....maybe get a new lens....that one makes me look old....

Kidding aside....thanks for sharing your honey hole with me Lonny....that truly is a special piece of ground......in more way's than one...

OH.....and don't let Lonny BS you....that little suppressed "Wal Mart" 223 of his is one sweet shooting rig....
Looks like you guys had lots of fun this weekend!!
Nash, me and the dog snuck out right by the house again this evening... Had a good hunt. I got this male at 250ish as he was leaving(after Nash missed a chip shot blush )... Serenade and ki-yi's brought him in on a run.

The little red x is where he was.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Feel kind of dirty shooting them this time of year, but it is what it is.

Fun, exciting calling, that's for sure.

Ben
Feel kind of dirty

How do you think Nash feels?........grin

You should.....summer time is why god created Gofers.....

Can't say I haven't done it myself though... grin
Feel kind of dirty

How do you think Nash feels?........grin

Not good, I assure you.... laugh laugh laugh

I think I'm gonna make him run a shotgun for a while....grin

You should.....summer time is why god created Gofers.....

Very true.....
Nice shot..
[Linked Image]
Currently in ND with some of my buddies from Kentucky and Missouri on our second annual prairie dog shoot. We killed at least 800 yesterday. I head shot this one at 60 yards with the pistol yesterday...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

Was the 416 in the shop Ken? whistle
You mean the .460,and nope,it is only for rabbits and bigger. grin
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice work Don... We just shot 3 days in ND and easily killed over 1000 dogs. The wind picked up toward the end and put a damper on things, but we dang sure put a dent in it...
I need to make some coyote hunting stands to get the new pup going on them. He has torn up the few hides I had laying around here....time to get him some new ones....
elk, what species of gr. squirrel is that.. Looks like a columbian?
elk, what species of gr. squirrel is that.. Looks like a columbian?

I was wondering the same thing....tail seems kind of long and bushy compared to our Columbias but I'm far from being an expert.....
Believe it to be a California ground squirrel.
Thanks!! Are they common in NM?? I love shooting gr. sq. Tried for the grey diggers in Ore., but never got a shot..
Shot a pile of grey diggers in WA. when I was there.

Wyo...Just cruised through Wyoming this morning, bunny population looks like it might be OK....fingers crossed.
Thanks!! Are they common in NM?? I love shooting gr. sq. Tried for the grey diggers in Ore., but never got a shot..
Down where I am they are. Find them around pecan orchards for the most part.
Would it be difficult to shoot a few??

ingwe, you go up I25??
The orchards are private,but if you ask the owners they may let you kill a few. The squirrels are a PITA!
Thanks.. May look into this next trip down!! Have a good weekend.. By the way, was the CZ a .22 or .17??
It's a .17 HMR.
[Linked Image]
Would it be difficult to shoot a few??

ingwe, you go up I25??

Yep. Colorado was a nightmare for the boy used to MT and WY. Fuggin bumper to bumper for 250 miles! cry
and you didn't even stop and see the pup and let me buy ya lunch....

[Linked Image]
I actually went down 70 on the way to Texas, I looked in on you but the damned dog wouldn't leave your side so I could steal him....

You just didn't see me stalking your dog....
Always wanted to shoot a Unicorn, but this is better...its got two horns!!! laugh

[Linked Image]

Got him as he was jumping over a rainbow....
We found a little groundhog honey hole yesterday. My son made the furthest shot of the day at 484yrds. They seemed to be out everywhere we looked, he said it reminded him of prairie dog hunting in KS but a ghog is a much bigger target. It's a lot harder to have days like this around here, just seems like there aren't as many ghogs around....wonder why? whistle

[Linked Image]
Coyotes!!
Coyotes!!

I'm sure you are right, they take their share but I think rangefinders, chronographs and ballistic apps on cell phones are equally to blame!
[Linked Image]
Shrapnel, What is the load for that .357??
We found a little groundhog honey hole yesterday. My son made the furthest shot of the day at 484yrds. They seemed to be out everywhere we looked, he said it reminded him of prairie dog hunting in KS but a ghog is a much bigger target. It's a lot harder to have days like this around here, just seems like there aren't as many ghogs around....wonder why? whistle

[Linked Image]

Nice work....I don't think I've ever seen that many GH's in one pic before....matter of fact....I'm sure I haven't...

PS.....don't let your son besting you get you down....it's hard to compete with young eyes.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice work....I don't think I've ever seen that many GH's in one pic before....matter of fact....I'm sure I haven't...

PS.....don't let your son besting you get you down....it's hard to compete with young eyes.....

It doesn't bother me at all, I'm proud of him plus, He only beat my best yesterday by 11yrds.
We actually shot 6 more but they either fell down into a large brush pile or made it back in the hole before we got to them. It was our best day ever, we rarely have such a target rich day here in the East.
We really need to make another trip West to shoot pdogs or squirrels again.
What calibers were you shooting? I think I killed my last eastern chuck with my .223.. For several years, I spent much of my summer vacation shooting woodchucks in Pa. Those first years there seemed to be chucks everywhere.. I mostly used my .22 Hornet, .222, and .22-250.

Haven't hunted them for years now.. But when we visit, there are not as many as years ago.. The number of chuck hunters had dropped of when I had my best years.. But now I have heard coyotes are in the area, and many of the old farms are growing up in weeds.. Chucks don't like weeds.. All my photos of that era are in scrap books.. I think my best day was 18 chucks, not all from the same field.. Great times..
Had a number of stellar days on Rockchucks out here....but have never shot eastern groundhogs and I understand its a whole different ball game.....
Shrapnel, What is the load for that .357??

158 grain hollow points loaded hot, just in case the bear spray doesn't work...
Wyo, the rifle on the right is my son's factory 700 22-250, for an out of the box rifle it shoot's unbelievably well. the other is my 17FB. He has a 4.5x14 Burris BP scope the on his. I have a ballistic app on my phone that calculates the yardage for each plex, it's a lot easier now than it was for me 20years ago guessing yardage and Kentucky windage!
He also carried his 17M2 for any close ups we had.
I'm a bit of a varmint caliber addict so the hardest thing for me is picking which rifles I want to take!
The 17FB is still kinda new to me so I wanted to bloody it up a bit. I have a .222 600 that I haven't bloodied up yet so it might go next time!
When I started ghog hunting years ago the only varmint rifle I had was a savage 219 in 22 hornet.
I've never hunted in PA but always heard there was some good ghog hunting up there.
ingwe, they are diff. They like cultivated fields, especially clover.. They will dig huge holes in the middle of a field causing lots of danger for the farmer and his cattle and equip.. In W. Va. where I used to hangout some, every once in a while a farmer rolled his tractor on a steep hill when he hit a chuck hole.. I loved shooting them..

I have shot a few rockchucks.. Quite a few at different times. But they were causing some kind of damage.. I never could bring myself to shoot many in the mts. where they really didn't hurt anything.. But they are fun.. Somewhere in a 1940's AM.RIFLEMAN, I saw an article about guys shooting rockchucks in southern Colorado.. They were getting them out to 800 yards.. One of their favorite rifles was a 6.5 mag. with a quick twist to shoot a 160 grain bullet!! The QT is not that new after all..

Shrapnel, thanks for the info.. I need to load a bunch of .357's soon...
Im with you on the rock chucks Wyo...Ive only shot them when asked to because of damage. Best day I can remember was in an orchard just out of Yakima Wa. The owner specified .22s only ( there were no .17 HMRs then...) and also asked that we pick up and bury all the kills.
I got 32 that afternoon and my partner did almost as well. ( Hence the reason he wanted them buried......but he dug us a handy hole with a bobcat grin )
Sounds like a fun day.. I passed on a CA 452 17 when we were in Dillon.. If we get back soon, and it is there, I plan to get it.. Had one and sold it.. But have this nagging thought I should get another..
[Linked Image]
Wait a minute......

that rabbit looks familiar.......
[Linked Image]
http://youtu.be/3Vn8iD6VFYU

Some of the shots form saterday. Most from 250 to 475 yrds.
22-250 40 bt and 308 168 OTM.

It doesn't bother me at all, I'm proud of him plus, He only beat my best yesterday by 11yrds.

Yea...I was just funnin ya....I know you're proud of him...and you should be...
Wait a minute......

Hey. So do those flowers!.....

[Linked Image]
Went up this morning to check a neighbors stock tank...... Thankfully it's right by the dog town.. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Wait a minute......

Hey. So do those flowers!.....

[Linked Image]

Going retro today, love it.... cool You need to get a Huntsman or Woodsman threaded and suppressed Don..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Congratulations!!!!
Dang, that is a serious black bear! Congrats.

Is there something going on with the lower jaw or is just the way you're holding it?
He must have broken his jaw before hibernating a few years back. Looks like a tusk. Made a neat European.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
that's just freaking cool.
find the foxpro. Had to turn it off so some tourists could pose by the sign. Then turned it back on & brought him over a mile to the boundary. Cracks me up every time I think of it.
[Linked Image]
Here's the old Yellowstone park dog..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Don't know what he could eat without teeth.
Ol' Snaggle Tooth will make a nice conversation piece. Very interesting also. Thanks for putting up the pic.

You did that bear a favor when you shot him...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
find the foxpro. Had to turn it off so some tourists could pose by the sign. Then turned it back on & brought him over a mile to the boundary. Cracks me up every time I think of it.
[Linked Image]

I thought you were joking until I looked a bit closer and noticed the FP... Ha! Good one!
Best part about the coyote was when the old couple from California were letting their little [bleep] nards pee while I waded across the river with him.

[Linked Image]
laugh Well played!
Awesome bear Greenhorn... That's a one-of-a-kind for sure!
[Linked Image]
You should only refer to your Woodsman as "The Serpico."

Travis
I just call it 'Frank'.....
SUPER bear Greenhorn!

Again......! laugh
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Uhhhh, what chassis gun combo is that?

Dave
Caliber to? Looks like it splatter rats very very well.
I'm not Don, but I'm purty sure that is his Ruger .204.
.204 ruger ultralite in a MDT LSS chassis, MDT folder, Ace entry stock and MDT 10 rd plastic mags. Nice compact package on the quad or in the truck...

[Linked Image]
That's a very nice rifle hunts. It has a way with the gophers as well it seems.
Thanks hunts.

Where did you order it from? Factory direct?

Travis
Don, didn't you have a can on that? I don't see any threads.
I ordered it from Lockhart Tactical when they had their sale. $299 and free shipping. Haven't seen those prices since. If you do, be prepared for sloowwww shipping. It took over a month from pmt to get it.
No can on that'un. You're thinking my American Predator....
22 & Deflave, What is your favorite ammo for the .17HMR?
hornady 17 grain vmax
Thanks.. I will look for some this week..
wch, like these.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Like those!!
.204 ruger ultralite in a MDT LSS chassis, MDT folder, Ace entry stock and MDT 10 rd plastic mags. Nice compact package on the quad or in the truck...

[Linked Image]
ee

What's the weight on that little rascal?

[Linked Image]

Family reunion..... grin

I took the Pre-War 22 Hornet out yesterday and popped some gophers. Every time I take it out, I wonder why I don't shoot it more. Then keeping score with the clicker, helps you realize your actual hits. If more people used clickers, you would hear less about high gopher kills. You can't count your brass and say that is how many gophers you shot...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Slow motion helps to.

Then keeping score with the clicker, helps you realize your actual hits. If more people used clickers, you would hear less about high gopher kills. You can't count your brass and say that is how many gophers you shot...

The clicker is indeed a humbling tool...had to throw mine away wink

Day in day out our actual shot-to-kill ratio is about 65%...not the 90% we tell everybody.... whistle
My Hornet is not a model 70 but it is a great squirrel and p. dog gun...

Keeping score of the hits is an interesting deal.. Sometimes it seems I can't miss or hardly miss, then!!!!
don't need a clicker. Simply turn the brass that missed upside down in the box, or opposite of the brass that killed. Keeping track is easy peasy.
If I don't kill in the 80-90%, then I'm taking shots that are too far. BUT I usually use shooting sticks while sitting on my butt pad and rarely take shots over 200 yards. Good practice to keep me ready for calling season.

The clicker is indeed a humbling tool...had to throw mine away wink

Day in day out our actual shot-to-kill ratio is about 65%...not the 90% we tell everybody.... whistle

The campfire is littered with grandiose pictures of targets and accomplishments, but this is more truth than people care to admit....
Nash and I had a really good shoot this morning.. The town was just crawling with dogs. We shot and shot and there were always plenty of dogs still up to shoot.....Love days like that.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Dead dog to the left of the mound, really. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This one did a few flips...... Good hang time...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ben
Got some video too....

Ben: I'm lovin' it! laugh
mtcur, cool pics and video, thanks for sharing but it makes me jealous!
We went to our ghog hotspot again, not as target rich as the pdog killing fields but about as good as it gets around here. We shot 9 but 4 fell in the brush pile or made it back to the hole. Furthest was 464yrds.

[Linked Image]

This guy didn't feel a thing, shot in the face at 160yrds
with the 17FB.

[Linked Image]
hunts',

Was that price including the collapsible stock or just the chassis itself?

Travis
chassis only

Tuesday afternoon triple...

[Linked Image]
That bumps the average!

[Linked Image]

Dats a nice lookin rifle! laugh

[Linked Image]

Dats a nice lookin rifle! laugh

No folding stocks or plastic is allowed where we shoot gophers...
Is that another .222 Mag Shrap? Very nice.
223 Deluxe.

Prairie dog invitational is June 11and 12, you guys loaded up?

[Linked Image]

Not a bad front nine, for a hacker.......
Unless you were on a par 3.
223 Deluxe.

Prairie dog invitational is June 11and 12, you guys loaded up?

I will suffer being ostracized from this one...all my rifles for varmints are plastic, stainless, synthetic wannabes..... cry

Another afternoon, this time with the Hornet. Birds thank us for our contribution...

[Linked Image]
Tell me about the Prairie Dog Invitational please.
It's played on schrap's secret home turf, usually somewhere that Travis has previously told all his buddies about & Trav normally takes his 22-250 & a case full of 7mm-08 ammo !

whistle
Oh, & Poobs never gets an invite !

wink
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

wink

Thats not true...I got an invite a couple or so years ago....but I have nothing but Synthetic/stainless rifles......sooooo..... grin

Got a big PD outing planned for the middle of the month...we'll see how that goes.
[Linked Image]
Hunts, the flowers are a nice touch!
artiste-ical, dontcha think?

wink

Too many ugly guns...
Tom,

I'd loan you one of my walnut-stocked varminters for the Invitational, though I plan to keep them pretty busy. Might sneak my 6mm PPC benchrest rifle in, though. Its stock is painted green metal-flake....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That there pistol is eyepopping there, "The Donald".... whistle
'bugs' thinks so.....
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Tom,

I'd loan you one of my walnut-stocked varminters for the Invitational, though I plan to keep them pretty busy. Might sneak my 6mm PPC benchrest rifle in, though. Its stock is painted green metal-flake....

Dont tell Shrap or you too could be shunned.... shocked

I don't even have a Sako, or a Swarovski scope....I'm not worthy.... cry

Just about then I'll be in another part of the state on some different killing fields giving the rubber guns a workout. wink
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Tom,

Dont tell Shrap or you too could be shunned.... shocked

I don't even have a Sako, or a Swarovski scope....I'm not worthy.... cry

Just about then I'll be in another part of the state on some different killing fields giving the rubber guns a workout. wink

JB gets a pass, he still answers the phone when he knows it is me calling...
Thats more than he does for me! cry

Damned caller ID!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Don, you seeing any swing in the bunny numbers this year?
still steady.
Thanks. Im hoping to see another bunny year like last year.....
pd numbers are up. well, since the pups come out, anyhoo......

[Linked Image]
Don,
What rifle combo is that pictured above?

I bloodied up the Ruger .22 K Hornet on prairie dogs today. Very good round on them little guys......
77/17 hmr, pride-fowler 3-9
Figured PD pups were up. We are planning on PD Armageddon mid-month here. grin

Getting prepared for the prairie dog invitational. We spent the whole day in the sun, getting sunburned and heating barrels up on gophers. Finding fields where the grass isn't too tall is getting harder...

[Linked Image]
Here's a pic of a pd platform, anybody recognize these rifles?

[Linked Image]

Dang, I'll have to drop a hint. I was ridin' with The King.....
Hanging by a thread.
[Linked Image]
Up with the average double.
[Linked Image]
$78 per thousand TNT's work pretty well
you saw Elvis?...
No, The King of prairie dog shooters. He set me up with a .17 hummer for the close ones and a suppressed Creedmor for the longer ones....and then drove me around on the mobile launch platform.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Man I could have used that in ND... It's perfect...
Here's a pic of a pd platform, anybody recognize these rifles?

Dang, I'll have to drop a hint. I was ridin' with The King.....

NOt only do I recognize the set ups, I can tell you that you were facing north on the west side of the creek. whistle
bingo......
It's too bad there weren't any pd's out there to shoot at..... grin
[Linked Image]

That might work for mountain goats, but where we shoot prairie dogs, you couldn't shoot at anything on the ground and that's where most of them are...
I shot prairie dogs off that thing yesterday until I was sunburned. They were all on the ground, unless you count hang time.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Dang huntsman22 you are up early to whittle the varmint population!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
.222 and Montana gopher..

[Linked Image]
What did you do? Lob one over the border? grin
G
the kids are going to bed hungry tonight......grin
Yep
ingwe, no spent about 3 weeks in Montana in very early April..
6BR and 70 TNT's
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Gopher with Browning .22 Hornet.

[Linked Image]
My PD trip got canceled!!! cry
What a bummer! Bad thing is it can take years for them to recover!!
Gopher with Browning .22 Hornet.

[Linked Image]

Those Browning Micro's are great little guns....perfect size scope on it too...well done...
Thanks Field, it sees alot of use..
Obviously not dead, but three litters were born on the bank next to the driveway. This evening six were there when I pulled in. Road below will certainly get a couple soon. Fun to watch in the evening.

[Linked Image]

Couple fawns should show up shortly.

The Invitational went off without a hitch. We shot lots of ammo and prairie dogs. This is what dreams are made of.

All the stars of the Campfire were here...

[Linked Image]

Border shift bags for ammo, when you shoot this much ammo, you don't have time to put ammo in little plastic divider cases...

[Linked Image]

Flags were put throughout the fields to be used for reference points and to help with wind direction...

[Linked Image]

The fierce firing line,,,

[Linked Image]
Looks like quite a good time..
[Linked Image]
Wait a minute....

That rabbit looks familiar.

I think you've killed him before.......

How do you save your brass with the AR in the Prairie Dog fields?

[Linked Image]
A couple of G-skwerles from Sunday. [img:center][Linked Image][/img]

How do you save your brass with the AR in the Prairie Dog fields?

[Linked Image]

I wish someone would tell the a-holes that show at our range with AR's about those....
and you can go catch butterflies with it when barrels are cooling.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

22 Hornet?
17 whore-gnat

Afternoon blast....

[Linked Image]

The other grandson, not quite as engaged...

[Linked Image]
Cool!
Actually it is 88 degrees...

Afternoon blast....

[Linked Image]

Good stuff right there, nice work shrap!!

I also took out the USFA Lightning 38-40 and shot a few with it...

[Linked Image]
17 whore-gnat

Actually been thinking on one of those. Handloads or factory fodder?

handloads. 20 gr vmax over lilgun
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Summer this far north lets you keep the outdoor activities going until late. We were shooting gophers until 9:00 last night...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Not being a smart a$$ but I thought it was a bad idea to pick up p/dogs and ground squirrels out there. (i.e. out west)

You are right if you are a booger eater, you might not want to handle the dead critters...
[Linked Image]

Logan, with a few PD's. Shooting the same rifle he won the Icebreaker Comp with. GAP Tempest 6 Creed, 105 Hybrids @ 3100fps.
[Linked Image]

Same day, different 6 Creed. 428 meters.
Is it ever not fun to shoot crows?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

Logan, with a few PD's. Shooting the same rifle he won the Icebreaker Comp with. GAP Tempest 6 Creed, 105 Hybrids @ 3100fps.

Nice shooting Logan!
[Linked Image]

You are right if you are a booger eater, you might not want to handle the dead critters...

Originally Posted by oldslowdog
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

Nice shooting Logan!

Not hard to tell that Ol' Logan is past that boogie stage........ laugh
[Linked Image]
Nothing like the old Winchester model 1873 in 22 long. More rare than the gun is the ammunition...

[Linked Image]
Scenar, Those boys are really growing up!!!!!

Haven't seen longs in years.. May still have a box or two in my stuff... Can you still buy them??

Haven't seen longs in years.. May still have a box or two in my stuff... Can you still buy them??

You can't find them other than at an occasional gun show...
Will look around, I had a box or two..
I love the smell of dead raccoons in the morning. It smells like, VICTORY!!!!......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That is an eye popping photo!
bugs. bugsouteyeballbunny
over.....
[Linked Image]

under......
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Poor Pete!!
RAR 22 mag doin dirty bidness again...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Been to long since I called a coyote, so went and Made a few stands yesterday evening. .
Also have new kill stick that I was dying to try on a coyote stand. These little chassis are just the ticket.
22 Dasher 1-14 Hart #5 50 TNT
[Linked Image]
Week before last, damned if some critter didn't jump on the propane tank and rip the venturi tubes from the gas grill burner.

I suspected grinner, but my wife says I'm obsessed with grinners, so she told me probably a raccoon.

I replaced the burner and tubes last week with a new one, and damned if something didn't rip those off too.

I suspected grinner, but my wife says I'm obsessed with grinners, so she told me probably a racoon.

So last night, I put the stupid ripped up venturi tubes, along with a couple plastic cups of charred animal flesh from the grates in the old "Have a heart" trap.

I always thought the name was "Have a heart" was odd, because I'm just going to kill whatever I catch in it.

Anyway, the raccoon:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Dat poor grinner didn do nuffin....
He hissed at me.

Death sentence.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
The rodents were out tonight,

[Linked Image]
This guy had an eye popping moment!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RWE
He hissed at me.

Death sentence.

Better shoot him again, I think he's playing 'possum. grin

Ed
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Got a woodchuck today. He wanted to get in the garden. The 40 grain Hornady VMAX had other plans for him.
Originally Posted by whelennut
Got a woodchuck today. He wanted to get in the garden. The 40 grain Hornady VMAX had other plans for him.

I will save huntsman22 some typing. Without pics this post is worthless!
[Linked Image]
My step daughters son with his first ever prairie dog.. CZ .22 mag.

[Linked Image]

My step daughters son with his first ever prairie dog.. CZ .22 mag.

[Linked Image]

Better get him on some more.
He has shot 100+ so far.. Dogs only get so much attention.. Today we shot several hundred rounds of .22's through my .22 pistols.. Then three rounds of trap at the club. Plus his mom loves fishing. We have eaten close 70 trout in the 11 days they have been visiting.. A great time.
Great stuff WCH !
Hunts must ran outta ammo !
Pard checkin for survivors
[Linked Image]
Getting pretty velocity with that pop gun.
[Linked Image]
You boys out West get to have all the fun!
free bump over the stoopid "what bullet" threads. Some of ya'all need to take up the slack and keep this one on top....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
You are welcome TTT.

[Linked Image]
My son with his first praire dog kill and a few more we popped. This was last weekend.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hunts that Predator has bee getting a workout. Wanting to burn a little powder myself but new house and remodel taking up any shooting time.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Photo bucket musta no liked my picture here it is again.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Is that a full house or four of a kind?
it's the whole famdamily.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Huntsman, coming to this thread and looking at all of the fun you're having doesn't get old. If anything it makes me extremely jealous. It looks like you're having too much fun out there in God's country.

Chad
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]vvvvvvvvv
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The Alabammy boys stopped by on their way to sling sticks at wiley wapooties. They think the 204 is skookum, and that prairie dogging is a hella good time. even plinked a couple with the 22 pistolie.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Dude,enough prairie dogs.....
The Alabammy boys stopped by on their way to sling sticks at wiley wapooties. They think the 204 is skookum, and that prairie dogging is a hella good time. even plinked a couple with the 22 pistolie.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Love the looks of that heavy stainless in walnut sporter stock.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
another back-easter used the 204 on the way to the elk woods...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
He'd better check six...that longhorn looks like he's got his eye on some butt cheeks laugh
That damn dog looks like he's starting to get in the way. I'll pick him up when I go through in November.... whistle
[Linked Image]
Hard to not like the 204. 32 VMAX's and TAC.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
whomped a jackass rabbit from over 100 yds with the creed. Walked out to get the trophy shot, he was purty well decimated.....

[Linked Image]

even after the walk and pics, his fully-exposed little heart was still beating strongly several minutes after his grisly demise.....

ya gotta click the link

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/huntsman22/critters/th_MVI_1895_zps8zyu2bp0.mp4[/img]
I assume you sewed and released.
I was in the back pasture at sunset, just checking things out, when I saw a really mangy Bobcat step out of the treeline and into the tall grass about 150 yards from me.
Having my trusty Ruger American Ranch Rifle with me, I took the shot, dropping him in his tracks. I rode over to him and took a close look. He was obviously very sick, just skin & bones. It was a fully mature tom, but covered in mange, ticks, and fleas. I had left my cellphone back at the house, so I took off to get it to record this "trophy" sick.

When I came back into the pasture, there were three coyotes standing where the Bobcat was lying. I raised the rifle and watched as one of the bigger coyotes snatched the Bobcat up and began running with it. The other two just stared at the departing thief, so I shot the closest of them. He also dropped at the shot and the other two coyotes made away with the Bobcat carcass. So, without further adieu, my "harvest" for the day;
You should have seen the one(s) that got away. laugh

[Linked Image]

64gr Nosler Bonded Core over 24.5gr Varget did the job. Entry near the top of the left shoulder, exited opposite side with a dime size hole.

Ed

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
in his nostril, out his arshehole......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hey H22, I know what them thing are!!! In fact, I think I recognize the one on the left. whistle grin
Model 29

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
be vewwy, vewwy qwiet..... We be shood'n pwewwy dawgs.....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DShttp://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF1373_zps61wrh8fc.jpg~c100[Linked Image]CF1369_zpszejrqhfx.jpg~c100

Cool this morning 58 deg. went out behind my house and made a couple of stands, called in 3 coyotes got 2, 1 bobcat got her.
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF1369_zpszejrqhfx.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

243 A.I. Rio7
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF1361_zpsq4o5a9rl.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

Pretty long shot from the other end don't know how far guessed 300 yrds. Rio7
Half-shell furless egg-eater.

[Linked Image]
Nice work..
Nice work, Blue! That bobcat looks a whole lot better than the one I shot. grin

Did you take both the coyote and bobcat at the same stand?

Ed
[Linked Image]
Ed, Yep coyote came in first on my right got it, looked back at the caller and the bobcat was sitting looking my way about 10 ft. from the caller Bingo!

Moved to 31 strip and called in 2 coyotes but only got one, other one got in the brush before I could get on it. Blue
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RIO7
Ed, Yep coyote came in first on my right got it, looked back at the caller and the bobcat was sitting looking my way about 10 ft. from the caller Bingo!

Moved to 31 strip and called in 2 coyotes but only got one, other one got in the brush before I could get on it. Blue

The one that got away at 31 Strip must have been mine. IIRC, I've missed two there and didn't even see that bobcat. grin

Ed
dubble-ott buck for danger-us game....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Vicious lookin' critter there, Don! Did he charge you or were you able to stalk and kill him without incident? Did the shot over-penetrate?

Ed
He made a vicious leap for my throat, with his yellowed fangs bared. Luckily, the shot was true, as I doubt the wire cage trap he was in could have held him in his enraged state....
[Linked Image]
9 out of 10 coons recommend the Smith 63.
and a nice one it is.....
Well it ain't one of those fancy pinned ones, but it'll do.
[Linked Image]
Got a Ruger Mark IV yet?
nope. and won't.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Couple quick standing this afternoon. First stand this one came in at about 9 minutes and my Dad put him down. Second stand 2 came in with no shot.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Made a few more stands after bird hunting today and I was able to knock down 2.
I see very little blood, what cartridge/bullet?

You guys are stacking it up!
25/06 with 100 grain ballistic tip,first pic coyote look it straight on at about 7 yards it was way uglier than that pic shows.

Other one was about quarter size exit.

I use a shotgun mostly in Wisconsin and this is the closest thing to a coyote rifle I have. 3 stands tonight and we saw 4 coyotes but went full retard on a couple.
Oh okay, trick photography....

I shot one last Thursday(270) that required it.
[Linked Image]

First weekend out. Lost one or it would have been 5.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My first bear, spot and stalk, DIY NM. Very happy.....
Originally Posted by hunting1
[Linked Image]

My first bear, spot and stalk, DIY NM. Very happy.....

You should be! Congratulations on a fine bear!

Ed
Thanks!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Uh Oh....it's that time of year again....

Glad I'm not a bunny wabbit in MT.....
Nice bear and bunnies... Good work..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I was squirrel hunting when this dude landed in the wrong tree

[Linked Image]
laugh
Ben, you are the Man!
Ingwe. Tell me about your rifle in the pic above. I like!
That rifle is a cobble job. Rem 700 Short action in .223..stainless action thats been dura-coated..the barrel is a Rem. take-off Chrome Moly in .223 that I had shortened to 22" and the stock is from an early 70s vintage Model 700 BDL
The scope is some kind of Burris calibrated for the .223 and I use the gun for reduced loads ( about 22 mag level) for meat gathering and longer and less noisy gopher killing sessions.
I like that 700 Ingwe. Nicely done.
And it has honest-to-god real impressed checkering! laugh
That rifle is a cobble job. Rem 700 Short action in .223..stainless action thats been dura-coated..the barrel is a Rem. take-off Chrome Moly in .223 that I had shortened to 22" and the stock is from an early 70s vintage Model 700 BDL
The scope is some kind of Burris calibrated for the .223 and I use the gun for reduced loads ( about 22 mag level) for meat gathering and longer and less noisy gopher killing sessions.

I can dig it

The crowning touch no doubt. grin

Those loads don't, by chance, involve Blue Dot do they? grin

The crowning touch no doubt. grin

By the way, what weight bullet do you like to use for bunny hunting?
enuff jibber-jabber. PM him.

back on track.....grin

[Linked Image]

Oh Pshaw Don...put your bunny back in the freezer....
For you others, the reduced load .223 is 12.5 grains IMR4198 and a 55 grain Hornady SP.
For you others, the reduced load .223 is 12.5 grains IMR4198 and a 55 grain Hornady SP.

I'll have to try that one.
Originally Posted by navlav8r

I'll have to try that one.

me too. Thanks Ingwe
[Linked Image]
A feral cat was cruising my backyard tonight and I was in the middle of oiling some guns. I just happened to have a Ruger AR556 handy. I am happy to report that the 40 gr VMAX is very effective on stray cats.
whelennut
this is a picture thread, fella.......
Did it over-penetrate? grin

Ed

Don, leave the old guy alone.

You know he has no friends & does all his communicating on da innanet !

wink
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
You fellas have seen it before. I don't believe in camo

The 221 and the critter call peewee did this one in

[Linked Image]
Way to gett'r done.
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Did it over-penetrate? grin

Ed

All the Kings horse and all the Kings men,
Could not put the feral cat together again.
whelennut

Don, leave the old guy alone.

You know he has no friends & does all his communicating on da innanet !

wink

And on occasion he has to tell his cyber friends GFY!
Way to get it done KY221!
I called this guy to within 80yds yesterday.

WHAPOW!

[Linked Image]

Travis
Thanks!

Nice chunky coyote deflave
From the pic, Im guessing its bleeding out a big hole on the off side......?
Travis, That looks like a nicely furred coyote.. Was it a good pelt??
Nice looking dead yote Flave
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF1403_zpswchci0gw.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

One of the oldest coyotes I have killed. Rio7
What was the last thing through his mind?.....
A 6mm 105 gr. Scenar. Rio7
Originally Posted by Ky221
Thanks!

Nice chunky coyote deflave

YUGE fan of the chunky.

YUGE.

Believe me.

Travis
From the pic, Im guessing its bleeding out a big hole on the off side......?

125gr. BT's make some carnage.

Apparently...

Travis
Travis, That looks like a nicely furred coyote.. Was it a good pelt??

It was before I ran into him.

Travis
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Nice looking dead yote Flave

We had to change things up this morning.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Heading out elk hunting one afternoon, I spotted this guy bothering a pal's. The old .22-250 and a 50 gr. Vmax stopped him cold.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Huntsman
Off topic...
What kind of accuracy are you getting out of the S&W and Burris? Did you test Ammo and find the best or just shoot what you have?

Nice job on the critters
mopd at 50 with fed bulk.
Good shootin
how bout sum puzzy.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Laker, you have been busy!!! I still miss your stuff on the Mashburn!!
Laker, you have been busy!!! I still miss your stuff on the Mashburn!!

I'm missing my mashburn this fall. I might be putting one together this spring
Now that makes my heart happy!! Best of luck!!
badgers sure can move some earth, can't they!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
huntsman22 you have more different critters out there by Deer Trail than anyone can imagine! Keep the photos coming.
[Linked Image]
That's a good day of coyote hunting. Nice job
Thanks hunter, there was a group of 6 and I managed to get these 3.
Shooting suppressed is the way to go, they don't spook after you shoot at another one.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
One more today in the wind....
This coyote tried to sneak by my deer stand this morning.

[Linked Image]imgurl
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cool, I see lots of coons hit on the highway in Wy. but seldom see them in daylight.. In other states I have shot them in daylight, but not here..Spent some time in W. Va. and hunted the little devils at night with dogs.. That was fun!!
Cool, I see lots of coons hit on the highway in Wy. but seldom see them in daylight.. In other states I have shot them in daylight, but not here..Spent some time in W. Va. and hunted the little devils at night with dogs.. That was fun!!
That is fun with a good pack of hounds . Only problem is the bear population increasing.
How about a dead half-furred critter? From this Saturday morning.
[Linked Image]
Mange has been bad in the foxes and yotes since 2011 in my AO.
how about half a feathered critter?

[Linked Image]
LOL!

Huntsman, Half furred or half feathered, they better not be within a 1/2 mile of you! You are getting a lot of chassis stocks. Is that an MDT the ruger 77 Mk ii is in?
yeah, ruger MK II ultralite 204. I have another Hawkeye Predator and American Predator in LSS's, too.
In the last couple months I picked up a Marlin 39D and a WW 94-22 mag. Took the out a couple nights ago shooting jacks.. Both very accurate.. Fun guns, but the jacks didn't agree..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The last two days verified what I already knew, coyotes are thick in Colorado this year. Did 18 stands, called 21 coyotes, killed 18 including a quad and two triples, 5 had mange.
[Linked Image]
no junk in that trunk.....
TR, do you skin your own or drop them off?

Dam fine shooting BTW. 17/204?
You better hope T Lee doesn't see that...
I sell em in the round. yes, using the 17/204. Longest shot all weekend was 220 yards.
WOW! Good haul and super calling!
Originally Posted by TRnCO
I sell em in the round. yes, using the 17/204. Longest shot all weekend was 220 yards.

Would yo mind sharing what they are bringing?
Thanks
tomorrow I will sell these, but two weeks ago was the first time the fur buyer came through and that batch averaged $25.25. I suspect these will be between $30. and $35. average.
Originally Posted by TRnCO
tomorrow I will sell these, but two weeks ago was the first time the fur buyer came through and that batch averaged $25.25. I suspect these will be between $30. and $35. average.

Thanks!
[Linked Image]
Eating frozen apples as they fell out of the tree.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Not a bad day with the .220 swift for making one set. Called in a triple but the third wised up and head d for the hills before I could make good.

[Linked Image]
I got one today too. Danged if I can figure out how to post a picture from my phone.
Originally Posted by hendricks
Not a bad day with the .220 swift for making one set. Called in a triple but the third wised up and head d for the hills before I could make good.

[Linked Image]

700 VSSF?
[Linked Image]

Can anyone tell me how to upload a photo? I have it set up on PhotoBucket.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Can anyone tell me how to upload a photo? I have it set up on PhotoBucket.

You have a message in your inbox.
[Linked Image]
Haha! I read your message.

Thank you 10guagemag!
No problem.
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF1516_zpsdzoxoyao.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

This might be the oldest coyote I have ever killed, almost no teeth left. Rio7
Originally Posted by RIO7
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF1516_zpsdzoxoyao.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

This might be the oldest coyote I have ever killed, almost no teeth left. Rio7

Meth?
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF1545_zpsth08o4cm.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

One of the best shots I have made in a long time,ran across the road at 140 yrds, when I shot it jumped about 4' in the air thought I missed , went to look and Smoke, found it in the brush about 20 yrds in. Rio7
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF1520_zpsfh1jo6hf.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

Sittin by a water tank waitin on a buck, look what showed up. Rio7

700 VSSF?

Yep.this was back when Remington still put real stocks on their rifles. I couldn't be happier with it overall. It's about time for a new barrel though unfortunately. Will still put most of my loads into an inch though.
[Linked Image]
Nice marmot.

What the heck it that?
packrat

This draw is a hike in but it's to good not to set. Have picked up 6 coyotes in the last week from it
[Linked Image]
Bunny hunting with a bud and this guy ends up as collateral damage.

[Linked Image]

We can never pass a brush pile without giving it a kick. There was coyote tracks all around the pile and when my bud shook a branch with his foot this coyote popped out. I hit him about 8 steps from me with a #6 20 ga. load from my single shot Stevens Model 94.
Nice work guys!!
Nice work guys!!
Wow, nice bag of rabbits.

My kids have been after me to shoot a rabbit so they can eat it.

Bunny hunting with a bud and this guy ends up as collateral damage.

[Linked Image]

We can never pass a brush pile without giving it a kick. There was coyote tracks all around the pile and when my bud shook a branch with his foot this coyote popped out. I hit him about 8 steps from me with a #6 20 ga. load from my single shot Stevens Model 94.

BONUS!!
http://rs53.pbsrc.com/albums/g61/BlueRIO7/DSCF1578_zps1mvfa9tn.jpg~c100[Linked Image]

Walkin down the road. Woops!! Rio7
Wife got her first coyote this morning!

Pictures to follow.
[Linked Image]
She got another one while I was watching the kids!

Not fair!

Her first two coyotes in one day.
Great, What caliber ??
Its a Howa in .223.

She bought it a few years ago. Its a pretty good rifle, came with the scope.

Darn accurate with the 50 grain Fiocchi v max.
Nice!! Flave would approve!!! He loves Howa's..
Nice!! Flave would approve!!! He loves Howa's..

Fire to Flave, "just don't get it in my eye".
I had never handled a Howa until we went shopping for a coyote rifle for her.

I like it. It has a two stage trigger I like too.

I have one in .270 that I won at a fire department raffle.

I cant find anything wrong with either of them.

If they could make a magazine for the Mini that did not look like it was made with Mega size Lego blocks I would buy one.
Roundoak

looks like you did something to save some bunnies for next season while you were at it.
© 24hourcampfire