Home
Posted By: akrange Any Sheep Down - 08/12/22
Let’s see those Brutes ..
Posted By: johnn Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/13/22
Give em a week, only two days into it and pretty warm, 76 in Bareflanks today, big Otis is still up high.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/13/22
Ugly weather so far we had 1 day this week without bad weather in SC AK
Posted By: rost495 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/13/22
Since the numbers are WAY down, I think I've seen from 25/75% down varying, plus the bad weather, I suspect won't be many pics period.

I know my boss cut his hunt numbers way back due to loss of mature rams.
Posted By: pabucktail Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/13/22
My kid shot one on the youth hunt. A bit past full curl on one side and broomed on the other. We saw 13 rams, two were legal. There were also several bands of ewes, but not a single lamb among them.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/13/22
My son's on on the DS-165 hunt. Not seeing much so far.
Posted By: waterrat Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/13/22
I have a DS-165 as well, my pilot (friend) lives and keeps a eye out for rams in that country is gonna call me when he see's something worthwhile. Nothing yet!! I just may beg off anyway as my left leg has been swelling up daily and going downhill requires more concentration than climbing uphill,
Posted By: ejo Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/13/22
Opening day ram as he lay.

Attached picture 43CE9BAA-123E-427F-8736-236FF9A0CAD6.jpeg
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/14/22
Originally Posted by waterrat
I have a DS-165 as well, my pilot (friend) lives and keeps a eye out for rams in that country is gonna call me when he see's something worthwhile.

My son's doing this one on the cheap. Hiking off the Hwy down in the far SE quadrant. Near Thompson Pass.

When I flew into 160 last year for my hunt, Mike Meekins said that there was a real whopper taken in 165, not sure if it was 2020 or 21. Gov's tag maybe?
Posted By: rost495 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/14/22
I couldn't hunt bison or sheep this year. Just me personally. They need a break. Rules will give em that break as will nature IE you won't see that many.

Sucks seeing no lambs. I"ve not heard a report from our guys yet. last fall we still saw lambs there was just an age class of rams missing already from the previous bad winter and one X years before that IIRC. At my age I try to avoid sheep guiding but will if called upon.

Still have it in me to do one for me maybe one year but those years are closing quickly.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/15/22
My knee kept me from going this year. I help a local kid a lot. He constantly borrows gear from me. Right now he has my tent, two spotters, a tripod and he was working for Dan Montgomery. He guided his client to a 161.5 in [Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
I owe an apology to Akglenn4now. Two nights ago I had a legitimate 168-170 inch ram 450 yards from the road but I had no sheep rifle and no tag.

The pictures are from an IPhone but it makes me sick.[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/15/22
I didn't get much time to scout this year and didn't have anything spotted pre-season. I had one weekend to actually sheep hunt this year and with today pissing rain and totally socked in, that basically made it one day for a realistic hunt, which was yesterday. I drove home this morning in the rain instead of hunting due to the fog.

17.3 miles hiked total yesterday. I had these 3 small rams at about 1000 yards. The back two will be legal in a few years. No legal rams were spotted, but that is OK. I may try to squeeze another weekend sheep hunt in over Labor Day if it is hot out, as I do not want to mess with a dead moose in any kind of heat.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: akrange Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/15/22
Originally Posted by kaboku68
My knee kept me from going this year. I help a local kid a lot. He constantly borrows gear from me. Right now he has my tent, two spotters, a tripod and he was working for Dan Montgomery. He guided his client to a 161.5 in [Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
I owe an apology to Akglenn4now. Two nights ago I had a legitimate 168-170 inch ram 450 yards from the road but I had no sheep rifle and no tag.

The pictures are from an IPhone but it makes me sick.[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I’ve hunted with Dan two times .. I hope I draw again before I die so I can Hunt with Him One more Time..
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/15/22
Thys came on part time but worships Dan and is on his second gig for him with an archery hunter. I don’t think Thys will have to borrow gear anymore.
Posted By: Bambistew Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/16/22
I have a DS-165 as well, my pilot (friend) lives and keeps a eye out for rams in that country is gonna call me when he see's something worthwhile.

Cool story... its against the law to scout for sheep during the season. Who's the pilot breaking the law? Plenty of f9lks would be interested to know.
Posted By: VernAK Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/16/22
Two taken out of DCUA thus far.
Posted By: 358Norma_fan Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/16/22
Originally Posted by Bambistew

Cool story... its against the law to scout for sheep during the season. Who's the pilot breaking the law? Plenty of f9lks would be interested to know.

There's lots of reasons to be in the air other than scouting. I don't drive around scouting for moose, but I happen to see them now and again while in my truck.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/16/22

Name is Jose Jimenez
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/16/22

What makes you think he is breaking the law?

Be specific.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/16/22
There was a proposal that passed back in 2015 that made the scouting of dall sheep by airplane during the season illegal.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/17/22
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
There was a proposal that passed back in 2015 that made the scouting of dall sheep by airplane during the season illegal.
And no one said that was being done.

Stewie inferred it.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/17/22
Well they got that sheep that I saw. I guess he ran through Chitina the next day and a local guide helped his client nail him. 39 and change and 10. Pretty nice sheep. I will never go down there without a tag and rifle again. The kid using my stuff was sent in on troubleshooting a second hunter and hooked him up as well.
The local Dentist shot a full curl in 160 on the Nelchina side like I told him. 36 and heavy. He is happy. So that is four that I know first hand of. I can't wait to retire. I will hunt the entire season and get a buster every year. Those school marms who want to go to the L48 to visit their families in May should burn...........I would have killed a lot more sheep if I had 10 days. 5 days without drawing some special permit or without a cub is tough up here.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/17/22
Lots of passed proposals pretend the First does not exist.

They actually sent a sweet missive to Boat-Based Transporters that it was illegal for us to tell hunters on the boat where to go, or where the deer on the beach was and any number of other obvious things. They dropped back VERY promptly...
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/17/22
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

They actually sent a sweet missive to Boat-Based Transporters that it was illegal for us to tell hunters on the boat where to go, or where the deer on the beach was and any number of other obvious things. They dropped back VERY promptly...
That makes sense coming from the ADF&G, how does one prove that someone flying over the mountains during sheep season that they were scouting for legal rams? That's got to be one of the dumbest proposals I've ever heard of.
Posted By: las Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/17/22

That makes sense coming from the ADF&G, how does one prove that someone flying over the mountains during sheep season that they were scouting for legal rams? That's got to be one of the dumbest proposals I've ever heard of.

IMO- it SHOULD be illegal, during season. Hard to prove, unless idiots are being obvious about it. Hell, why not just call in an airstrike?(There's been times I would have been tempted! If not on the sheep, then on the caribou which insisted on running through the rams I was stalking....4 times! smile. )
Posted By: Bambistew Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/17/22
Originally Posted by ironbender

Be specific.

He said his pilot is actively scouting sheep for him and will relay information. Sure there are lots of reasons to be in the mountains and in the air, relaying information specifically about sheep seen while in the air shouldn't be one of them. Being dumb enough to post on the internet that its your intent is pretty stupid. No surprise that IB would like to defend it.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/18/22
Nope, what he said is his friend is keeping an eye out while flying. Explain the difference between that and say a trucker reporting where he is seeing Nelchina caribou. And then address that to the First Amendment.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/18/22

Be specific.

He said his pilot is actively scouting sheep for him and will relay information. Sure there are lots of reasons to be in the mountains and in the air, relaying information specifically about sheep seen while in the air shouldn't be one of them. Being dumb enough to post on the internet that its your intent is pretty stupid. No surprise that IB would like to defend it.
You didn’t finish school did you? Go reread it.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/18/22
Let me make it super easy for you.

This is directly from the post:

Zero mention of scouting while flying, or anything else while flying. The friend is a pilot so one can make assumptions.

Lots of ways to “keep an eye out”.
Posted By: SeldomSeenSmith Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
Nope, what he said is his friend is keeping an eye out while flying. Explain the difference between that and say a trucker reporting where he is seeing Nelchina caribou. And then address that to the First Amendment.

😂😂😂😂

Zero mention of scouting while flying, or anything else while flying. The friend is a pilot so one can make assumptions.

Then why did he mention “pilot”? I called the troopers about this to get clarification and they already knew about this thread and did confirm what Bambistew posted.

You must be a murkowski lover…
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
Your a lying snitch, or better known as hurt pussy.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
ADF&G has had to backtrack on that same sort of thing before. If you have a reason for being in an area and happen to see something, the First lets you say whatever you want, period.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith

Then why did he mention “pilot”? I called the troopers about this to get clarification and they already knew about this thread and did confirm what Bambistew posted.

#readingcomprehension
ADF&G has had to backtrack on that same sort of thing before. If you have a reason for being in an area and happen to see something, the First lets you say whatever you want, period.

Riiight. Cuz ADFG is out there enforcing aerial spotting etc

😂😂😂

Riiight. Cuz ADFG is out there enforcing aerial spotting etc

😂😂😂
Not so fast there DK... AST enforces regulations promulgated by BOG... and actually refuses to when there are clear legal issues. Many examples are available. The highly unusual relationship (only three states total have similar systems) creates problems, but likely reduces policy error propagation.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
The rule is misinterpreted,

The OP has an oriental accent,

His PILOT friend will keep an eye out whilst FRYING... Nothing to see here, move along....
Two steps, very simple:
Does a pilot have a reason to be in the air?
Can anyone tell him what he can or cannot say?

Flightseeing is a business for many and a hobby for many more.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22

#readingcomprehension

I prefer that my pilots keep their eyes closed while piloting!

#Isawnothingnothingnothing
Posted By: elkrazy Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
Well I was really hoping to see pictures of sheep on the ground in this thread ..... instead we get another campfire classic smile
Posted By: 1minute Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
As to planes: Historical rumor had it our Oregon Moose and Goose boys flew the evening before elk season and flour bombed herds to break them up. Given the frequency of such stories across the state, they must have had at least 100 craft in the air. Never saw any flour bombs, but have seen substantial aircraft circling in our wilderness areas the evening before opener.

Locally, we've had a few red neck pilots that worked elk for their families opening morning. Also a few power gliders taking deer/elk from the air.

We've also had some high dollar governor's tag guides use aircraft to haze trophy sheep and elk into their area. Mostly an issue in our NE Washington/Oregon canyons where the trophy happens to be across the state line. With some of those guide fees getting into the $20 to 30k range there's likely a little impetus to come up with a record book trophy.

I've personally done only one guided hunt in NE Oregon. No aircraft were involved but lots of folks can sit at their breakfast tables and scan rugged mountainsides and canyons for game or spot something during their travels. About every other morning across 11 days, my guide would get calls on sightings, and I suspect he might slide a C note or two to the source if they generate a score. In all but one case we were too far out of the country to take advantage of such. We were indeed following up on a call though when I scored my kill. It was not, however, part of the reported herd as he was on the wrong side of the mountain.
Posted By: 79S Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
Proposal 207 was so poorly written, The poor guy out flying his plane not a sheep hunter just flying maybe going to land on a lake somewhere do some fishing like oh I don't know Klutina lake. While approaching the lake spots sheep notices some nice rams. Lands on lake does some fishing for the day or whatever. Takes off heads home, Talking to his bud about this trip his bud goes hey I have a sheep tag for that area but haven't gone in yet because fish and game said the sheep population is low and heard that through the sheep hunter grapevine sheep population is low. The pilot goes no I saw a bunch of sheep today looks like a couple of nice rams. His bud goes that's great news, I better get a transporter lined up or ride a wheeler in. When that proposal was passed their were sheep to hunt. The only reason that proposal was put forth was the typical NR/Guide versus Residents without planes argument.
Originally Posted by 79S
Proposal 207 was so poorly written, The poor guy out flying his plane not a sheep hunter just flying maybe going to land on a lake somewhere do some fishing like oh I don't know Klutina lake. While approaching the lake spots sheep notices some nice rams. Lands on lake does some fishing for the day or whatever. Takes off heads home, Talking to his bud about this trip his bud goes hey I have a sheep tag for that area but haven't gone in yet because fish and game said the sheep population is low and heard that through the sheep hunter grapevine sheep population is low. The pilot goes no I saw a bunch of sheep today looks like a couple of nice rams. His bud goes that's great news, I better get a transporter lined up or ride a wheeler in. When that proposal was passed their were sheep to hunt. The only reason that proposal was put forth was the typical NR/Guide versus Residents without planes argument.

Sure ok. Nothing you posted above is accurate. There’s a difference between flying a valley and circling sheep.

My favorite testimony against prop 207 was a young guy wider than he was tall saying he was against prop 207 because he doesn’t have time to hunt sheep. He wants to find a ram, land nearby and be back home the next day.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I didn't get much time to scout this year and didn't have anything spotted pre-season. I had one weekend to actually sheep hunt this year and with today pissing rain and totally socked in, that basically made it one day for a realistic hunt, which was yesterday. I drove home this morning in the rain instead of hunting due to the fog.

17.3 miles hiked total yesterday. I had these 3 small rams at about 1000 yards. The back two will be legal in a few years. No legal rams were spotted, but that is OK. I may try to squeeze another weekend sheep hunt in over Labor Day if it is hot out, as I do not want to mess with a dead moose in any kind of heat.

Boy, I sure hope you were wearing those waterproof undies I sent to you. Pics of them would have been cool.

😝🦫
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
I am tired of you wanting to sniff my schit stained panties you weirdo. I know that’s what you really want.
Posted By: 79S Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/19/22
Originally Posted by 79S

Sure ok. Nothing you posted above is accurate. There’s a difference between flying a valley and circling sheep.

My favorite testimony against prop 207 was a young guy wider than he was tall saying he was against prop 207 because he doesn’t have time to hunt sheep. He wants to find a ram, land nearby and be back home the next day.

Well you guys are implying waterrat buddy is circling mtns and looking for sheep for him.. When he is just flying the valleys taking in the scenery and if he see's sheep and tell water rat or his other buddies that he saw sheep what's wrong with that??
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22

Snitch
Posted By: 79S Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22

Did the troopers give you an atta boy when you called them with this info?
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
If a trooper is conducting investigations based on what is said on the internet then they need to reevaluate what it takes to catch a criminal. I can say whatever I want here at the fire and people can turn me in all they want. If you think the troopers are cruising this forum looking for people breaking the law you are either stupid or stupid. Get a life and move along to whatever other crusade you have planned.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
I don't think our troopers surf the web all day, but they have made some cases when idiots are stupid enough to post videos of misdeeds. Those are mostly reported by incensed civilians. Like videos of shooting from roads/rigs, or boats under power. Last fall some teenagers videoed and posted their attempts to ride a fenced in and injured doe and giggling as it bleated and fell in pain.
This isn't one of those situations. No videos as far as I know. Zero evidence as to any misconduct, some of these guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Must not have any friends that like to fly around on their own....
Posted By: SeldomSeenSmith Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Well you guys are implying waterrat buddy is circling mtns and looking for sheep for him.. When he is just flying the valleys taking in the scenery and if he see's sheep and tell water rat or his other buddies that he saw sheep what's wrong with that??

Nothing wrong with “taking in scenery”. But reread rat’s post. His pilot buddy is keeping his eye out for rams and will let him know if he sees any worthwhile. You can’t judge a ram with one pass down the valley. If you want to argue that it’s ok but you would be wrong again. Even on a big ram it involves getting pretty close and looking at it a few times due to plane speed etc.

Go ahead and argue it. Waterrat posted something that isn’t vague like you’re trying to make it out to be. That’s a fact. Is prop 207 an unenforceable or BS law? Maybe. But it’s still the law. If you don’t like it get a group of like minded people together and change it. Oh wait they tried that. 😂😂. Every year since then. And failed, horribly.

If sitkadeer was right you think it would of been changed by now. I guess the proof is in the pudding.
Originally Posted by FishinHank
This isn't one of those situations. No videos as far as I know. Zero evidence as to any misconduct, some of these guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Must not have any friends that like to fly around on their own....

You should stick to fishing.
Originally Posted by 79S

Why you would you mock someone for turning in someone that possibly is breaking the law in regards to hunting? Do you not value our wildlife?

A friend saw a picture posted last fall of a ram that he knew was poached. He turned them in and it’s going to be the biggest poaching case ever in the chugach (Sitkaqueer will be calling his buddies now to hear it but you heard it here first). Would you mock him to for turning the guy in? Other’s on this thread would call him a “snitch”. Wtf.

I guess you guys condone poaching and breaking wildlife laws. Luckily others do not.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
I want to see some ram pics, where is cwh2???
Originally Posted by 79S

Why you would you mock someone for turning in someone that possibly is breaking the law in regards to hunting? Do you not value our wildlife?

A friend saw a picture posted last fall of a ram that he knew was poached. He turned them in and it’s going to be the biggest poaching case ever in the chugach (Sitkaqueer will be calling his buddies now to hear it but you heard it here first). Would you mock him to for turning the guy in? Other’s on this thread would call him a “snitch”. Wtf.

I guess you guys condone poaching and breaking wildlife laws. Luckily others do not.

Oh lord go back to AOD.. majority of us would report a poacher and some would choose to mind their own business which is wrong. But you are trying to justify your actions calling the troopers on a guy who minding his own business. You are a idiot..
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Nothing wrong with “taking in scenery”. But reread rat’s post. His pilot buddy is keeping his eye out for rams and will let him know if he sees any worthwhile. You can’t judge a ram with one pass down the valley. If you want to argue that it’s ok but you would be wrong again. Even on a big ram it involves getting pretty close and looking at it a few times due to plane speed etc.

Go ahead and argue it. Waterrat posted something that isn’t vague like you’re trying to make it out to be. That’s a fact. Is prop 207 an unenforceable or BS law? Maybe. But it’s still the law. If you don’t like it get a group of like minded people together and change it. Oh wait they tried that. 😂😂. Every year since then. And failed, horribly.

If sitkadeer was right you think it would of been changed by now. I guess the proof is in the pudding.

And you and your bro Bambistew are trying to make this out to be the case of the year..
Originally Posted by smokepole
I want to see some ram pics, where is cwh2???

I have some pictures my buddy sent me. But not my pictures to post.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
Clear-cut game violations are one thing. “Keeping an eye out” is not a violation of anything.
Clear-cut game violations are one thing. “Keeping an eye out” is not a violation of anything.

I wonder how that call went with the troopers. Seldomseensmith- yes on a Internet forum a guy with a handle of waterrat. Trooper- you said their handle is waterrat? Seldomseensmith- yes waterrat, anyhow he drew a DS165 permit said his buddy while flying up their going to keep an eye out for some rams for him. Trooper-what’s his buddies name? Seldomseensmith- uh I don’t know? Trooper- you have a tail number? Seldomseensmith- no. Trooper ok thank you have a good day.
Posted By: mainer_in_ak Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
Seldomseensmith,
You are a fking semantic blockage.
Posted By: UpThePole Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
Guys, there are sheep other than Dalls.

You should stick to what you're good at......nothing so far......

Except making a huge mistake by calling people out online on a forum. How did that work out for you?
This is the exact same dumb chit guys on AOD would do.. folks post pictures of their sheep and the internet game wardens would chime in that sheep isn’t legal. Call state troopers about a guy on a forum shooting a sub legal. Then the op would have to clarify the sheep was legal and sealed.. But in the meantime the troopers would’ve got 10 phone calls about the pictures of the sub legal ram..
That’s probably why you don’t see a whole lot of pictures being posted anymore.
Posted By: mainer_in_ak Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
John, mighty similar style to that taiga dude on AOD from the Fairbanks area ......
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
John, mighty similar style to that taiga dude on AOD from the Fairbanks area ......

Lived up in Salcha or claimed he did..
Originally Posted by 79S

I wonder how that call went with the troopers. Seldomseensmith- yes on a Internet forum a guy with a handle of waterrat. Trooper- you said their handle is waterrat? Seldomseensmith- yes waterrat, anyhow he drew a DS165 permit said his buddy while flying up their going to keep an eye out for some rams for him. Trooper-what’s his buddies name? Seldomseensmith- uh I don’t know? Trooper- you have a tail number? Seldomseensmith- no. Trooper ok thank you have a good day.

You sure are a hypocrite. Do you need me to spoon feed you why?
Posted By: EdM Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
My neighbor here in Idaho took this one two days ago hunting with a resident relative.

Originally Posted by EdM
My neighbor here in Idaho took this one two days ago hunting with a resident relative.

Beauty!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/20/22
Originally Posted by 79S

You in Salt Lake City?
wink
Posted By: SeldomSeenSmith Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/21/22

You should stick to what you're good at......nothing so far......

Except making a huge mistake by calling people out online on a forum. How did that work out for you?

Worked out great. Love seeing you old guys get your panties in a knot. Speaking of knots most you guys are not hunting anyhow this year. Clowns!
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Seldomseensmith,
You are a fking semantic blockage.

2/10. Try harder. We all already know you like to make things difficult.
Originally Posted by EdM

Nice try posting a hunting pic on a hunting forum. Only problem is most these guys don’t hunt. They sit and around and bitch all day. Once in awhile they hit a gun show. But hunting? Naw. But they have all the answers, just ask them. 😂
Posted By: 79S Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/21/22
Originally Posted by 79S

Lol uh ok says the guy trying to pin illegal sheep scouting on a guy, on the largest internet forum in the country..
Originally Posted by EdM

Nice try posting a hunting pic on a hunting forum. Only problem is most these guys don’t hunt. They sit and around and bitch all day. Once in awhile they hit a gun show. But hunting? Naw. But they have all the answers, just ask them. 😂

And here you are posting on a forum during sheep/caribou season. Let me guess you are waiting to go later in season...
seldomseensmith is WDH I guess he forgot his login info.. Clydesdale was a WDH sockpuppet as well.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14690674/re-tobacco-tax#Post14690674
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/21/22
You may be onto something there, bud! Nice sleuthing.

Trying to remember which screen name she used prior to March this year.

LMAO!!
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/21/22
Originally Posted by EdM

Only one type of person would post this.....you remind me of Sharper Images
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/21/22
“Sharp things” the poacher?
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Lol uh ok says the guy trying to pin illegal sheep scouting on a guy, on the largest internet forum in the country..

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 7B0CDB97-CC1F-40F6-8E53-107C7C6BB3F8.jpeg
Posted By: Raferman Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/21/22
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]
Wonder whose sock this is.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/21/22
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Careful, he is often wrong and easily butthurt. As WDH he posted that moose add a brow tine every year... comical stupidity is his forte'.
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Careful, he is often wrong and easily butthurt. As WDH he posted that moose add a brow tine every year... comical stupidity is his forte'.

I would really like to take you for your word. Can you please provide a link? We will wait.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/21/22
SSS- I don't know you but you should grasp a bit about sheep hunting as you denigrate Mr. Tilley. He has guided more than 5 sheep in the 175-180 BC class during the heyday years. He has guided in the roughest sections of the Wrangells and made it a personal speciality to pull rams out of a place called the hellhole. You drop that old man on a glacier, any glacier and he will likely find a big sheep as to walk. Some people on this forum don't go sheep hunting every year but some do. My knee went out in June and I am rehabbing it but most Septembers will find me in the far deep wrangells or up in TCUA.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
SSS- I don't know you but you should grasp a bit about sheep hunting as you denigrate Mr. Tilley. He has guided more than 5 sheep in the 175-180 BC class during the heyday years. He has guided in the roughest sections of the Wrangells and made it a personal speciality to pull rams out of a place called the hellhole. You drop that old man on a glacier, any glacier and he will likely find a big sheep as to walk. Some people on this forum don't go sheep hunting every year but some do. My knee went out in June and I am rehabbing it but most Septembers will find me in the far deep wrangells or up in TCUA.

No one is questioning his experience and most know him in the sheep hunting world. Just like we know yearly you post the sheep hunting exploits of others after they take your advice/gear.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/21/22
People also know that for the last two years I wasn't given leave during Covid. Teachers were told that there were no substitutes and we would be terminated if we took time off. This is the first year I could go and I had a slot but my knee gave out. So far you have said a bunch of crap and not shown us anything. Sure my last hunt involved taking a legendary rifle coach up into the Chugach and he was just not up to it. I get out when I can and soon when I get the time that you folks have I can tell you that I will have the opportunities.

I also already have sheep that I have taken. Sure nothing high in the book, but that doesn't preclude that I haven't taken sheep.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22
People also know that for the last two years I wasn't given leave during Covid. Teachers were told that there were no substitutes and we would be terminated if we took time off. This is the first year I could go and I had a slot but my knee gave out. So far you have said a bunch of crap and not shown us anything. Sure my last hunt involved taking a legendary rifle coach up into the Chugach and he was just not up to it. I get out when I can and soon when I get the time that you folks have I can tell you that I will have the opportunities.

I also already have sheep that I have taken. Sure nothing high in the book, but that doesn't preclude that I haven't taken sheep.

I sure as hell appreciate and respect you long time fellas. I spent over a decade up there, and of course it wasn’t enough, but that’s how life turns out. Keep on keeping on and I’ll keep living vicariously from here in the lower 48.
Posted By: 79S Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

welcome back WDH... Thought covid got you, you stopped posting march 2020 when people were falling ovah dead. If you PM ric he can get you your old log info. I guess you have to decide between WDH or Clydesdale.
Posted By: SeldomSeenSmith Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22

🤙 nice rams! Sucks when work gets in the way. Hopefully retirement goes well for you! And your knee heals up!
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

welcome back WDH... Thought covid got you, you stopped posting march 2020 when people were falling ovah dead. If you PM ric he can get you your old log info. I guess you have to decide between WDH or Clydesdale.

Luckily we only have about 5 more years of old sitkadeer and maybe 8 of ironbender. You’ll likely be around longer unfortunately. But soon enough!
Posted By: 79S Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Luckily we only have about 5 more years of old sitkadeer and maybe 8 of ironbender. You’ll likely be around longer unfortunately. But soon enough!

Oh WDH-Aksagebrush… You back up here trying to make some money in the oil again? When oil was selling for $30 bucks in 2020 I bet that hurt you.. Well maybe this time you won’t have to leave Alaska again with your tail between your legs.. at least next year you will be a resident again and you can go sheep hunting.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

What a sad, pathetic whine.

Unfortunately for you, my grandparents averaged 22 years older than I am now... and IB is older than I...

Jim Harrower, our common Master Guide employer, was one of the most incredible sheepmen of all time. Tilley is a legend in more than one venue. Make that more than several venues...
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22

kaboku68:
Morning sir...

Holy sheep dip sir on that ram!!! shocked shocked shocked

Any details you can share as to the age??

With most animals I chase, I'm not a "numbers guy" - not that it's a bad thing for sure - but I love character racks and horns.

Holy argali horns on that ram sir! cool cool cool

It looks like the one in the game farm at Whitehorse, which of course is a game farm ram so has a cushy existence. For a wild ram that's a gagger and then some, or at least this Canuck sometime sheep chaser thinks so.

Thanks in advance.

Wow, what a ram!!!

Dwayne
Posted By: ironbender Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22
Unfortunately for you, my grandparents averaged 22 years older than I am now... and IB is older than I...
But better looking.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Yes but you’re showing signs of dementia. Gods speed!
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Oh WDH-Aksagebrush… You back up here trying to make some money in the oil again? When oil was selling for $30 bucks in 2020 I bet that hurt you.. Well maybe this time you won’t have to leave Alaska again with your tail between your legs.. at least next year you will be a resident again and you can go sheep hunting.

🧐
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Yes but you’re showing signs of dementia. Gods speed!

Even with my age I am better than you will ever be!

But, but, but a moose adds a brow time every year!

You cornered the market on stupid and keep buying!
Posted By: Tanner Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22
Well they got that sheep that I saw. I guess he ran through Chitina the next day and a local guide helped his client nail him. 39 and change and 10. Pretty nice sheep. I will never go down there without a tag and rifle again. The kid using my stuff was sent in on troubleshooting a second hunter and hooked him up as well.
The local Dentist shot a full curl in 160 on the Nelchina side like I told him. 36 and heavy. He is happy. So that is four that I know first hand of. I can't wait to retire. I will hunt the entire season and get a buster every year. Those school marms who want to go to the L48 to visit their families in May should burn...........I would have killed a lot more sheep if I had 10 days. 5 days without drawing some special permit or without a cub is tough up here.

TCUA ram?
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22
Yes. The 39er was shot on Fox Creek Ridge.
I’ll be damned!
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22
We gave her hell for 5 days of rain, passed 3 "probably legals" but never saw a 110% legal so came home empty.

Were the alternative not so final, I don't know that I'd choose to get any older.

Crap cell phone picture, but there were 9 rams in this band and we had them at 66 yards.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yes but you’re showing signs of dementia. Gods speed![/quote]

Even with my age I am better than you will ever be!

But, but, but a moose adds a brow time every year!

You cornered the market on stupid and keep buying![/quote]

Since that's been living rent free in your head all this time I'm sure you could provide a link? I would suspect though we would likely find the WMD's from Iraq before you could provide a link. But if one does a search of the forums nothing comes up about adding a brow tine a year but lots of posts of you ripping off someone....
Originally Posted by Tanner
I’ll be damned!

You're pretty well versed with the TCUA. You should name drop some specific areas on here for the world to see wink
I’ll be damned!

You're pretty well versed with the TCUA. You should name drop some specific areas on here for the world to see wink

Sure, I’ll get right on it…. I am sure you’d make good use of the info and get right up there to kill a ram… 😂
Originally Posted by cwh2
We gave her hell for 5 days of rain, passed 3 "probably legals" but never saw a 110% legal so came home empty.

Were the alternative not so final, I don't know that I'd choose to get any older.

Crap cell phone picture, but there were 9 rams in this band and we had them at 66 yards.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Looks like there’s a few up and comers In there Chris. I hear you on the aging thing… I haven’t eclipsed 30 yet and my knees are fully hammered,
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/22/22
Whatever kid!

Where's your pics?
No guiding this year for me, pulled a bighorn tag here at home that starts shortly and got another kid heading out of the box in October. Missing it like hell!
Posted By: Vek Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/23/22
It all falls apart at 35. You're fine for a bit.
Posted By: 79S Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/23/22
No guiding this year for me, pulled a bighorn tag here at home that starts shortly and got another kid heading out of the box in October. Missing it like hell!

Good luck on your sheep hunt!
Posted By: SeldomSeenSmith Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/23/22
Originally Posted by 79S

I’d say good luck to you on your sheep hunt but you do not even hunt!
Originally Posted by 79S

Ak sagebrush/wdh/Clydesdale you are like a women always saying hurtful things..
Posted By: SeldomSeenSmith Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/23/22
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=Tanner]No guiding this year for me, pulled a bighorn tag here at home that starts shortly and got another kid heading out of the box in October. Missing it like hell!

Burritos at 79S house since he doesn’t hunt:
[Linked Image]

Attached picture 76551F5E-F184-4762-883E-9DF7F0B55812.jpeg
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=Tanner]No guiding this year for me, pulled a bighorn tag here at home that starts shortly and got another kid heading out of the box in October. Missing it like hell!

Burritos at 79S house since he doesn’t hunt:
[Linked Image]

Wo is that a taco loco tortilla?? If so that isn’t at my place I can’t afford that stuff. Also I don’t have plates, I use paper sacks or cardboard in place of plates.
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Any Sheep Down - 08/23/22
Tanner, congrats on the draw. Good ood luck man and post up some pics.

Vek, I think the wheels really started to fall off at like 36-37.
© 24hourcampfire