S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by ironbender
Clear-cut game violations are one thing. “Keeping an eye out” is not a violation of anything.

I wonder how that call went with the troopers. Seldomseensmith- yes on a Internet forum a guy with a handle of waterrat. Trooper- you said their handle is waterrat? Seldomseensmith- yes waterrat, anyhow he drew a DS165 permit said his buddy while flying up their going to keep an eye out for some rams for him. Trooper-what’s his buddies name? Seldomseensmith- uh I don’t know? Trooper- you have a tail number? Seldomseensmith- no. Trooper ok thank you have a good day.

You sure are a hypocrite. Do you need me to spoon feed you why?

Lol uh ok says the guy trying to pin illegal sheep scouting on a guy, on the largest internet forum in the country..

[Linked Image]

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Clear-cut game violations are one thing. “Keeping an eye out” is not a violation of anything.

I wonder how that call went with the troopers. Seldomseensmith- yes on a Internet forum a guy with a handle of waterrat. Trooper- you said their handle is waterrat? Seldomseensmith- yes waterrat, anyhow he drew a DS165 permit said his buddy while flying up their going to keep an eye out for some rams for him. Trooper-what’s his buddies name? Seldomseensmith- uh I don’t know? Trooper- you have a tail number? Seldomseensmith- no. Trooper ok thank you have a good day.

Lol uh ok says the guy trying to pin illegal sheep scouting on a guy, on the largest internet forum in the country..

[Linked Image]
Wonder whose sock this is.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Careful, he is often wrong and easily butthurt. As WDH he posted that moose add a brow tine every year... comical stupidity is his forte'.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Careful, he is often wrong and easily butthurt. As WDH he posted that moose add a brow tine every year... comical stupidity is his forte'.

I would really like to take you for your word. Can you please provide a link? We will wait.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
SSS- I don't know you but you should grasp a bit about sheep hunting as you denigrate Mr. Tilley. He has guided more than 5 sheep in the 175-180 BC class during the heyday years. He has guided in the roughest sections of the Wrangells and made it a personal speciality to pull rams out of a place called the hellhole. You drop that old man on a glacier, any glacier and he will likely find a big sheep as to walk. Some people on this forum don't go sheep hunting every year but some do. My knee went out in June and I am rehabbing it but most Septembers will find me in the far deep wrangells or up in TCUA.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by kaboku68; 08/21/22.
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by kaboku68
SSS- I don't know you but you should grasp a bit about sheep hunting as you denigrate Mr. Tilley. He has guided more than 5 sheep in the 175-180 BC class during the heyday years. He has guided in the roughest sections of the Wrangells and made it a personal speciality to pull rams out of a place called the hellhole. You drop that old man on a glacier, any glacier and he will likely find a big sheep as to walk. Some people on this forum don't go sheep hunting every year but some do. My knee went out in June and I am rehabbing it but most Septembers will find me in the far deep wrangells or up in TCUA.

No one is questioning his experience and most know him in the sheep hunting world. Just like we know yearly you post the sheep hunting exploits of others after they take your advice/gear.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
People also know that for the last two years I wasn't given leave during Covid. Teachers were told that there were no substitutes and we would be terminated if we took time off. This is the first year I could go and I had a slot but my knee gave out. So far you have said a bunch of crap and not shown us anything. Sure my last hunt involved taking a legendary rifle coach up into the Chugach and he was just not up to it. I get out when I can and soon when I get the time that you folks have I can tell you that I will have the opportunities.

I also already have sheep that I have taken. Sure nothing high in the book, but that doesn't preclude that I haven't taken sheep.

Last edited by kaboku68; 08/21/22.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
People also know that for the last two years I wasn't given leave during Covid. Teachers were told that there were no substitutes and we would be terminated if we took time off. This is the first year I could go and I had a slot but my knee gave out. So far you have said a bunch of crap and not shown us anything. Sure my last hunt involved taking a legendary rifle coach up into the Chugach and he was just not up to it. I get out when I can and soon when I get the time that you folks have I can tell you that I will have the opportunities.

I also already have sheep that I have taken. Sure nothing high in the book, but that doesn't preclude that I haven't taken sheep.

I sure as hell appreciate and respect you long time fellas. I spent over a decade up there, and of course it wasn’t enough, but that’s how life turns out. Keep on keeping on and I’ll keep living vicariously from here in the lower 48.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

welcome back WDH... Thought covid got you, you stopped posting march 2020 when people were falling ovah dead. If you PM ric he can get you your old log info. I guess you have to decide between WDH or Clydesdale.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

🤙 nice rams! Sucks when work gets in the way. Hopefully retirement goes well for you! And your knee heals up!

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

welcome back WDH... Thought covid got you, you stopped posting march 2020 when people were falling ovah dead. If you PM ric he can get you your old log info. I guess you have to decide between WDH or Clydesdale.

Luckily we only have about 5 more years of old sitkadeer and maybe 8 of ironbender. You’ll likely be around longer unfortunately. But soon enough!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Luckily we only have about 5 more years of old sitkadeer and maybe 8 of ironbender. You’ll likely be around longer unfortunately. But soon enough!

Oh WDH-Aksagebrush… You back up here trying to make some money in the oil again? When oil was selling for $30 bucks in 2020 I bet that hurt you.. Well maybe this time you won’t have to leave Alaska again with your tail between your legs.. at least next year you will be a resident again and you can go sheep hunting.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

What a sad, pathetic whine.

Unfortunately for you, my grandparents averaged 22 years older than I am now... and IB is older than I...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Jim Harrower, our common Master Guide employer, was one of the most incredible sheepmen of all time. Tilley is a legend in more than one venue. Make that more than several venues...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

kaboku68:
Morning sir...

Holy sheep dip sir on that ram!!! shocked shocked shocked

Any details you can share as to the age??

With most animals I chase, I'm not a "numbers guy" - not that it's a bad thing for sure - but I love character racks and horns.

Holy argali horns on that ram sir! cool cool cool

It looks like the one in the game farm at Whitehorse, which of course is a game farm ram so has a cushy existence. For a wild ram that's a gagger and then some, or at least this Canuck sometime sheep chaser thinks so.

Thanks in advance.

Wow, what a ram!!!

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Unfortunately for you, my grandparents averaged 22 years older than I am now... and IB is older than I...
But better looking.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Yes but you’re showing signs of dementia. Gods speed!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Oh WDH-Aksagebrush… You back up here trying to make some money in the oil again? When oil was selling for $30 bucks in 2020 I bet that hurt you.. Well maybe this time you won’t have to leave Alaska again with your tail between your legs.. at least next year you will be a resident again and you can go sheep hunting.

🧐

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Yes but you’re showing signs of dementia. Gods speed!

Even with my age I am better than you will ever be!

But, but, but a moose adds a brow time every year!

You cornered the market on stupid and keep buying!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well they got that sheep that I saw. I guess he ran through Chitina the next day and a local guide helped his client nail him. 39 and change and 10. Pretty nice sheep. I will never go down there without a tag and rifle again. The kid using my stuff was sent in on troubleshooting a second hunter and hooked him up as well.
The local Dentist shot a full curl in 160 on the Nelchina side like I told him. 36 and heavy. He is happy. So that is four that I know first hand of. I can't wait to retire. I will hunt the entire season and get a buster every year. Those school marms who want to go to the L48 to visit their families in May should burn...........I would have killed a lot more sheep if I had 10 days. 5 days without drawing some special permit or without a cub is tough up here.
Well they got that sheep that I saw. I guess he ran through Chitina the next day and a local guide helped his client nail him. 39 and change and 10. Pretty nice sheep. I will never go down there without a tag and rifle again. The kid using my stuff was sent in on troubleshooting a second hunter and hooked him up as well.
The local Dentist shot a full curl in 160 on the Nelchina side like I told him. 36 and heavy. He is happy. So that is four that I know first hand of. I can't wait to retire. I will hunt the entire season and get a buster every year. Those school marms who want to go to the L48 to visit their families in May should burn...........I would have killed a lot more sheep if I had 10 days. 5 days without drawing some special permit or without a cub is tough up here.

TCUA ram?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 160user, 300_savage, 35, 16 invisible), 1,952 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,504
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.