Home
I was watching a David Drake vid on Youtube giving a 2 minute history of Remington Arms.

What caught my attention was that the people that bought Remington Arms division, the Roundhill Group would be producing the guns under the name "Remarms".

So I typed into my browser www.remarms.com, and low and behold they have a working website with the guns they will be producing and contact information for the plant in Ilion NY.

According to the video, Roundhill Groups plans are to have guns on dealer shelves by this coming hunting season.

Link:
The new Remington guns
Model seven stainless!!!
This should be in the campfire section as well

Chop chop
No 6.5 manbun offerings
I wish them well and for
GOOD firearms.
Wish them luck..
Originally Posted by BobBrown
No 6.5 manbun offerings

Probably forthcoming with a 1:9 twist......
And the sands of time start running towards the next bankruptcy.
Don’t get me wrong, I hope they do well. In fact, I think all they have to do in order to succeed is not do all the dumb stuff they did last go round.
6mmRem fans will be happy
Call me a pessimist . . .

First Remarms.com doesn't look a whole lot different that the last iteration of Remington.com that listed firearms. I'd hazard a guess that over half the firearms pictured won't make it to production anytime soon.

Second, if anyone in the Roundhill Group is worth their 'salt', they'll have taken a hard look at what was selling and what wasn't prior to Remington's demise - both their own models/chamberings and those of others. Case in point, chit can the Versa Max and V3. In the lst 5-10 years they were never players in the autoloading shotgun market. Next up, half of the 870 line-up could disappear and nobody would be any worse off - Wingmasters, 870 Express/Express Camo, and a combo. Maybe a tact-kewl version. As for rifles, again half of the 700 offerings could be dismissed and nobody would be the worse for it. ADL, BDL, CDL, SPS and SPS stainless; forget the Seven and 783 for now, and call it a day. And while they're at it, they (the Roundhill Group) need to take a look at caliber offerings, swallow their pride and offer a 6.5 CM and 300 WM (#1 and #2 selling chamberings in 2020, with the PRCs gaining ground) in the aforementioned models, with twist rates commensurate with the chambering. Failing at all of this will net nothing more than a 'rinse and repeat', and we'll see the Roundhill Group looking for another investment opportunity.

All of the above is JMO.
Their fate is sealed before they ever produce the first firearm. It was done when they chose NOT to move the factory out of NY to a cheaper, non-union state.
I'll do what I can to support them.
Originally Posted by wink_man
I was watching a David Drake vid on Youtube giving a 2 minute history of Remington Arms.

What caught my attention was that the people that bought Remington Arms division, the Roundhill Group would be producing the guns under the name "Remarms".

So I typed into my browser www.remarms.com, and low and behold they have a working website with the guns they will be producing and contact information for the plant in Ilion NY.

According to the video, Roundhill Groups plans are to have guns on dealer shelves by this coming hunting season.

Link:
The new Remington guns

870 Wingmaster 12 and 20 Ga..

Model 7600
270 Win
308 Win
30-06 Sprg

And the M700 ADL 24" SS.
Caliber
243 Win
270 Win
308 Win
30-06 Sprg

Foundational start.

GR
Originally Posted by cotis
Their fate is sealed before they ever produce the first firearm. It was done when they chose NOT to move the factory out of NY to a cheaper, non-union PRO-GUN state.

Just adding a little.

With a 20" barrel? Pfffft.

Excellent! I'm in need of a new elk rifle and I've heard the .243 wasn't big enough.

wink
Originally Posted by 163bc
I'll do what I can to support them.

Why?
Interesting that the site shows a 700 CDL-SF in 300 Savage. The 700 Classic in 300 Savage was a poor seller.
Drop the 6mm M7 and replace it with a 338Fed. I always thought they'd be a perfect match.
What's up with that ? 20" 6MM .....Should've been a 358 Win
.....SMH
Looks like they may be making firearms with some of the leftover parts they received in the purchase. Hopefully it will get them up and running.
GreggH
No 223Rem seems a rather LARGE mistake.
this new Remington company needs to leave New York and get away from these liberals !
783 is a mistake too, should have left the junk behind.
Using left over parts may be the reason for the models and caliber offerings
Originally Posted by GreggH
Looks like they may be making firearms with some of the leftover parts they received in the purchase. Hopefully it will get them up and running.
GreggH

Actually, all the left over parts were sold.
Dads old late 60s 870 wing master is a beautiful firearm that blows through rounds like butter. 2000s 870 express I picked up cheap is an abomination. Jambing, binding, garbage. I say stay down for the count of your only going to drag a good, old name through the mud.
I was not impressed with there selections.
My buddy is getting ready to sell more of his Remington 700's. Most of them are pre SPS. Might have to list some of them in the classifieds.
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Using left over parts may be the reason for the models and caliber offerings

It worked with the Model 30.
This is so sad, they're doing the same thing as before. This was a chance to innovate, drop the dead weight and move forward. Hell, they didn't even develop a totally new web site. They don't need to make 50 different flavors of 870 and 700's. 3 or 4 flavors of each with top notch quality control and a choice of calibers that people are actually buying. When was the last time you saw someone buy a brand new 7mm mag? There are thousands of those on the used market. Point being, they should jump way ahead of the curve, think outside the box and surprise us with the best rifles and shotguns available today.

When PRC became popular, Savage and Ruger where all over it like a bum on a bologna sandwich and Rem was sleeping at the wheel. When the 6.5 Creedmoor started building steam, the same thing with Rem. They need to be the leaders, not play follow the leader.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Drop the 6mm M7 and replace it with a 338Fed. I always thought they'd be a perfect match.

And 358 Win....
Good news!
Their fate is sealed before they ever produce the first firearm. It was done when they chose NOT to move the factory out of NY to a cheaper, non-union state.

The union didn't bleed the company dry. The hedge fund that owned them did that.
Yep. Unions, love ‘em or hate ‘em, had nothing to do with Remington’s failure. That was ALL hedge fund.

Folks can like 6.5, or hate it, but I don’t understand why Rem isn’t offering it, out of the gate.

Develop an American-made inertia driven shotgun, with a price point of $600-$800, and NOT stupid styling, and watch the public beat a path to your door.
I glad to see them back in business and am a 6mm Rem fan also.
I get a kick out of people bashing Remington when they are buying the cheapest in there line, yes I would quit making cheep guns. But a lot of the gun business is and has been a race to the bottom by all manufacturers.
Pick up a 870 Express you have what you paid for a cheaply made gun, if you paid for a Wingmaster you had a very reliable gun that will last.
Remington V3 is a great new design but should of been made in higher end models from the start like a Trap and Skeet versions as well as Wood Stock models with good wood for the uplands. Not everybody drags there shotgun through a marsh.
M700 high priced guns are nice the SPS were not to smooth and ugly but my friend hunts with one and it’s a shooter.
Remington like all gun manufacturers has to decide what products make the most sense, with some real gun people not bean counters.
Originally Posted by 1100RemingtonMan
I get a kick out of people bashing Remington when they are buying the cheapest in there line, yes I would quit making cheep guns. But a lot of the gun business is and has been a race to the bottom by all manufacturers.
Pick up a 870 Express you have what you paid for a cheaply made gun, if you paid for a Wingmaster you had a very reliable gun that will last.
Remington V3 is a great new design but should of been made in higher end models from the start like a Trap and Skeet versions as well as Wood Stock models with good wood for the uplands. Not everybody drags there shotgun through a marsh.
M700 high priced guns are nice the SPS were not to smooth and ugly but my friend hunts with one and it’s a shooter.
Remington like all gun manufacturers has to decide what products make the most sense, with some real gun people not bean counters.

An 870 express is about as reliable as an anvil.
Originally Posted by BWalker

And about as heavy and ugly as one too.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I didn’t know where your dumb azz was. LOL

I didn't know where your dumb ass was either.

I didn't know where you dumb ass was either.

3 guesses where he was, Blackie....

All start with gay men’s spa.

LOL

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I didn't know where you dumb ass was either.

3 guesses where he was, Blackie....

All start with gay men’s spa.

LOL

🦫
He likes riding his Ruckus down there. Says it's a F A G magnet.
LMAO
Went on their website and was pretty disappointed that they kept the bloated product lineup.
In my opinion, they could have dropped the 783 and at least two of the shotguns and been none the worse for wear. Especially the 783 doesn't fit into a lineup that is supposed to contain mid to high end firearms.

The whole website conjures bad memories of Freedom Group. You wonder what a company changes when it's not even willing to change the website in order to distinguish itsself from Freedom Group Remington.
Wish they would drop the junk and stick to the classics.

How hard would it be to send the 6mm to someone and have it rebored to 7mm

I wouldn’t mind a model 7 or a 20 gauge Wingmaster

Hopefully Remington starts making good guns again.
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
...Wish they would drop the junk and stick to the classics.

I am sure the 783 was a good seller. That would explain why it was kept. You need something to compete with the Savage Axis, Ruger American, Mossberg, etc.
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
...Wish they would drop the junk and stick to the classics.

I am sure the 783 was a good seller. That would explain why it was kept. You need something to compete with the Savage Axis, Ruger American, Mossberg, etc.

I get your point, but I think having too many irons in the fire was part of Remington’s problem.

Before Wal-Mart went full commie, you could get a brand new 700ADL for $400 bucks. I’ll take that over a 783 any day.

You don't buy one based on looks are sveltness. You buy one for the reliability when used in adverse conditions. There is definitely a market for such guns.
So the state of the art factory in Huntsville, AL is going to stay empty and unused? I am confused
And they don't show any left hand rifles.....lock the doors business closed........
Do we know that RemArms is up and running and that the website accurately depicts what they are making?
They need to get out of New York. There is no reason for american gun owners to be in the north east. They hate us and they even hate the companies that pay them taxes. There are so many states that would be a better fit. Heck, even Wisconsin would be better.
Remington is a goner.
Plain to see the literature or web page is somewhat a carry over from the original Remington listings. A click here or there reveals a whole slew more calibers & part numbers. Too many IMO.

But they just need some time. The union had to do their strong arm thing & did muscle their way in. Strike one. Then the ATF drug their feet on the license, citing various reasons. The new owners must really want to make guns, or,,, they see another big hedge fund payday on the horizon to jump through some of the hoops they have.

As has been said, the north east is no place to be for a manufacturer like that & the union has hurt them before they've turned on the first machine. No way I'd put up with either. But I still wish them well whether I purchase one of their products or not.

May the 700 & 870 live forever.
Still hoping for return of Remington ammo too.
Gotta laugh.

The move South produced such great results for Remington and Marlin.
They got away from the northeast and unions. Production and quality
immediately went through the roof. Yep, yep, By-God, yep.

Not that they weren't getting it better.
Not that long term they wouldn't be better off.
But I'm guessing they want a skilled workforce. Now.
That is in New York.

Maybe.
Who knows if their work force is available.
And willing to work? For them?
If jobs there are like here, there are alternatives.

If I was one of them and needed work, I would.
But I would be looking for an out.
Sure wouldn't want to bet on them being a ling term employer.
Or, any commitment to keep production in NY. Or even domestic.
The mismanagement of the Marlin acquisition had a lot to do with the demise imho...
This should be in the campfire section as well

Chop chop

Spot on. About half of the members here want Remington out of business permanently, you know, one less firearms manufacturer is always a good thing and those who might actually like their products are just too stupid to be buying guns anyway.
What happened to Bushmaster and DPMS?
Originally Posted by WStrayer
Still hoping for return of Remington ammo too.

They have returned. Pumping out ammo around the clock right now. They are a separate company entirely
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Model seven stainless!!!

They have a 1/9 twist for the .223 but still no 1/8 twist. The 700 comes with a 1/12 twist except for the tactical and it's a 1/9 twist. It is the 21st century after all. Remington, how about a 1/8 twist .223 ??

kwg
No 6.5 manbun offerings
Check the Bottomland offering...

Same old remington. Living in the past and nothing new to offer. Still in communist state and no imagination. Second bankruptcy to come soon.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Do we know that RemArms is up and running and that the website accurately depicts what they are making?

Go to the "News" tab on the website and all will be explained.

Do some research and report back
Originally Posted by RufusG

The "News" tabs on my phone and my computer don't have any content.

Exactly

Exactly

I suspect the website isn't a reflection of current production. I'll bet they rolled out something, just to put it out there, and that what they actually produce will be different.
I suspect the website isn't a reflection of current production. I'll bet they rolled out something, just to put it out there, and that what they actually produce will be different.

If it was me I would have included a model 600 in 6.5 Rem Magnum with a solid rib and a bayonet lug and the internet would have completely melted down.

If it was me I would have included a model 600 in 6.5 Rem Magnum with a solid rib and a bayonet lug and the internet would have completely melted down.

I’d buy one with a side folding stock and door breacher type flash suppressor

After looking at it, I think you are probably right. I looked in on a couple models I was looking at before the 'fold' which were not available back then. They show up same as they did before. I don't expect them to come back. The web site looks a bit different at a superficial level but the farther into specifics you dig the more it looks like they just ported content, haven't updated / corrected anything.

We'll see. I have room in my safe for a couple more Remingtons if they produce the right things and do a good job with them.
Yeah, it takes a while to produce a fully featured and functional website or even to update one with an all new look. I suspect they'll get to it soon enough but have bigger fish to fry just now.
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
And they don't show any left hand rifles.....lock the doors business closed........

The 700 SPS is listed in LH.
Some of you guys crack me up. Do you honestly think a company fresh out of bankruptcy is going to produce a bunch of obscure chit only the most deranged rifle loony would buy? Of course not. They are going to produce stuff that hopefully sells and then branch out from there.
That doesn’t mean I’m not holding out hope for a 20 gauge V3

Relax, give it time. When Biden gets through they'll all be in Texas since our governor declared us a gun sanctuary state.
An area dealer just received these

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Some of you guys crack me up. Do you honestly think a company fresh out of bankruptcy is going to produce a bunch of obscure chit only the most deranged rifle loony would buy? Of course not. They are going to produce stuff that hopefully sells and then branch out from there.

Hallelujah I was wondering the same thing. I've been S M H !

There is 'real' life on the 'fire', Mr Walker

Jerry

Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by wink_man

Link:
The new Remington guns

870 Wingmaster 12 and 20 Ga..

Model 7600
270 Win
308 Win
30-06 Sprg

And the M700 ADL 24" SS.
Caliber
243 Win
270 Win
308 Win
30-06 Sprg

Foundational start.

GR

Agree 100% but add in a 1-10" twist standard .22-250
And a pretty v3 (1100 styled)
Originally Posted by Filaman

Relax, give it time. When Biden gets through they'll all be in Texas since our governor declared us a gun sanctuary state.

For the 10th time the unions didn't drive Remington under. Hedge funds and lawsuits did.

^^^ This

Reminds me of going to SHOT and some friend of a friend of friend, who has no business being at SHOT is bending some vendor/manufacturers rep ear about how this 'XYZ' gadget/gun would be the cats a$$ and they should go into full production - tomorrow, if not later today. In response the vendor/manufacturer rep says "How many will you order/buy?" To which the response is "I only want one." Gotta give those reps credit....some are very good at telling you to GFY.

BWalker is right. Remington is going to produce stuff that hopefully sells and branch out from there. Those that want that 'something special' Remington, XXX cal, 1 in X twist, S/S rifle, with a #X contour barrel and composite stock, etc, etc, etc - you'd be better served to find a good 'smith and have one built - provided your idea isn't too far out in left field. Otherwise, be prepared to wait - a very long time.
I'd hazard a guess and say that said dealer got those from some distributor that had some new, old stock and the 870 Express's show are not new production or a product produced since the Roundhill Group took over. Call me a pessimist.

Originally Posted by tmitch

Maybe but they said the 870 was going to be the first model produced so?
Plus those labels are not the same as they used to be
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

I think that is a smart move. It's is their flagship shotgun, it's a good one, and they can be produced and sold for a good price. In fact I posted here a while back that they should come out of the gate with what has been their best sellers built right. I think we'll learn a little bit about them when we see how they twist the first 223s that come off the line.
Wished I could peek inside that boxed 870. check i, finish, action smoothness, tear down as if to clean it, etc.
I'm just glad they kept the 1911 R1. I love my blued model and have been thinking about getting one in stainless
Originally Posted by WiFowler
I'd hazard a guess and say that said dealer got those from some distributor that had some new, old stock and the 870 Express's show are not new production or a product produced since the Roundhill Group took over. Call me a pessimist.

I doubt it. Stuff doesn't sit around long enough to gather dust. If anything popular stays on a distributor's shelf for more than a day or two, I'd be surprised.

They said they're new post-bankruptcy Remington manufacture

They said they're new post-bankruptcy Remington manufacture

Cool........

For the 10th time the unions didn't drive Remington under. Hedge funds and lawsuits did.

It still surprises me how many "gun enthusiasts" are not aware of that.......

The fact is the two previous hedge funds owners--CD&R and Cerberus--borrowed almost 1.1 BILLION dollars against Remington, pocketed the money, and gave Remington the debt. And the fact that Remington was able to service that debt for 11 years is a testament to how well they were doing and how many firearms they were selling.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

It still surprises me how many "gun enthusiasts" are not aware of that.......

The fact is the two previous hedge funds owners--CD&R and Cerberus--borrowed almost 1.1 BILLION dollars against Remington, pocketed the money, and gave Remington the debt. And the fact that Remington was able to service that debt for 11 years is a testament to how well they were doing and how many firearms they were selling.

How did Remington end up in the hands of the hedge fund owners in the first place? Not trying to be an ass. I don’t know.
Originally Posted by Teeder

Excellent! I'm in need of a new elk rifle and I've heard the .243 wasn't big enough.

wink

You heard wrong Teeder.

How did Remington end up in the hands of the hedge fund owners in the first place? Not trying to be an ass. I don’t know.

Dupont put Remington on the market in 1993 (or thereabouts). CD&R bought them. In the late 90's CD&R borrowed approximately $250 mil against Remington. CD&R sold Remington, and the debt, to Cerberus in 2007. Couple years later Cerberus announced their intention to offer an IPO for Remington. CNN--the anti firearm network that they are--leaped into action and produced Remington Under Fire--precisely to torpedo the IPO. CNN was successful, and Cerberus withdrew the IPO. In leu of an IPO, Cerberus borrowed approximately $800 million against Remington. Remington has been laboring under that debt ever since.

And it's also amazing how many alleged 2A supporters and "gun enthusiasts" bought into CNN's story..........
alpinecrick's facts are spot on.

It's surprising how clueless most gun enthusiasts are when it comes to things like this. Being uneducated to basic business tactics plays right into the hands of anti gun factions. And networks like CNN have found it relatively easy to get gun lovers, hunters and shooters to eat their own.

Many of the responses here show that they have accomplished their mission.

I'm going to buy the first new Remington I see in one of my local gun stores. -Al

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Some still insist the 14 bolt handles that fell off in 1995 was the reason for the bankruptcy. crazy

I think that is a smart move. It's is their flagship shotgun, it's a good one, and they can be produced and sold for a good price. In fact I posted here a while back that they should come out of the gate with what has been their best sellers built right. I think we'll learn a little bit about them when we see how they twist the first 223s that come off the line.

Agree. I'm thinking a 1/8 twist would be a huge indicator of where the company is going.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020

Agree. I'm thinking a 1/8 twist would be a huge indicator of where the company is going.

kwg

Yes, right down the tube.
A 223 in a bolt action is a varmint rifle. A 1:8 twist isn't optimal for varmint bullets.
There's a huge amount of disinformation out there on the Remington bankruptcy, titles to intellectual property, names, assets, parts, etc. If you have the time and inclination, you can only get correct answers to questions about who got what from the actual bankruptcy court documents, which are all available online. Some of these documents are well over 1,000 pages. https://cases.primeclerk.com/Reming...ibute=6065&DocAttrName=SALEDOCUMENTS

One of the biggest bits of disinformation out there is speculation as to who the "true" Remington is now: the firearms or ammunition companies. The bankruptcy papers say they both are. RemArms owns the Remington name for the purposes of making firearms. And the ammunition company owns the Remington name for the purposes of making ammunition. RemArm would not be permitted to start making ammo and call it Remington. And the ammo company couldn't start making firearms and call them Remington.

Lots of other good stuff in the papers about what actually happened in the bankruptcy and who got what.

What is find interesting is the huge Marlin parts inventory and finished firearms Ruger acquired. There seems to have been a lot of finished Remington made Marlins in the factory that went to Ruger.
Remington made a good O/U a long time ago. Almost everything else has been at best a good buy for the money. They appear to have been beat in that market.

I wish them so much success they forget themselves and produce a quality Model Seven in .260 with the bolt handle on the correct side.
Wish they would drop the junk and stick to the classics.

How hard would it be to send the 6mm to someone and have it rebored to 7mm

I wouldn’t mind a model 7 or a 20 gauge Wingmaster

Hopefully Remington starts making good guns again.

I hadn't bought a Remington rifle since 1998 (.280 Rem) but picked up a new Model 7 in .308 earlier this year. It is blued synthetic. I haven't bothered to shoot it as I'll rebarrel it to 6.5x47. It should make a handy little wet weather rifle for fallow and pigs with a 120gn Ballistic Tip.
The last new bolt gun I bought was a Remington in, I believe, around Christmas 2014. It was an Academy 700 ADL Synthetic in .308 Win. I had bought one almost exactly a year before in .243. They were both for my most recent ex wife. She couldn't kill anything with the .243 so I thought maybe she needed a bigger, heavier bullet. But that didn't seem to be the case because she still couldn't kill crap. When we parted ways I let hetr take the .308 like a fool, and I kept the .243. But it tuirned out for the better because I ended up giving it to my 10 year old grandson and I think he'll shoot the .243 better, at least for a few years. Before I gave it to him I had fallen in love with it. I had put a Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40 on it and it was shooting great.It would put 3 100 Gr. SGKs into a 3/4 inch clover leaf. That's dead deer all day! Anyway, I wish they'd bring those ADL Synthetics back. They were affordable and they shot decent. Only problem the trigger sort of sucked. But my gun smith knew how to deal with them and he got the pull weight on that one down to a safe and crisp 3 pounds, which is great for my grandson.

Some people bitch about the tupper ware stock. But it's rigid enough in the mid section for a hunting rifle if you bed the recoil lug and an inch or so of the barrel.. The main bitch is the forearm's flimsy and you can move it with your fingers. I'm not exactly crazy about it, but if you free float it where it doesn't get close to the barrel it doesn't really hurt anything and for the money it makes for a good functional and accurate hunting rifle. If you're not worried about looks too much it's the ticket for those that want a budget rifle.
© 24hourcampfire