Home
Posted By: Sakoluvr New Garmin chronograph - 10/20/23
Glad I never bought the LabRadar. Think I will make the upgrade from my magnetospeed. They should start shipping in about 4 weeks.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/gear/garmin-xero-c1-pro-review/
I’ll be ordering one for sure.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...942/gonew/1/new-toy-on-the-market#UNREAD
Posted By: CRS Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/20/23
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Glad I never bought the LabRadar. Think I will make the upgrade from my magnetospeed. They should start shipping in about 4 weeks.

I am glad I bought my Labradar, have gotten lots of use out of it. Like everything, a better mousetrap was bound to come out.

I will continue to use my labradar, and if it starts giving me problems I will certainly evaluate all my option.

This Garmin looks like a very good option.

For those that do not already have a doppler unit, this looks like a great tool.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/20/23

Looks like I am a day late and a dollar short! Thanks
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/20/23
It also apparently doesn't have the velocity and caliber limits of the Labradar.

I tried a Labradar for over a year, and while I initially loved it, found it's velocity/caliber limits weren't enough for my professional use. Consequently often ended up range sessions with one of my other four chronographs, usually the Magnetospeed....
Posted By: robertham1 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/20/23
From what I’ve ready by some who have used em, they’re the bees knees.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
Originally Posted by CRS

I am glad I bought my Labradar, have gotten lots of use out of it. Like everything, a better mousetrap was bound to come out.

I will continue to use my labradar, and if it starts giving me problems I will certainly evaluate all my option.

For those that do not already have a doppler unit, this looks like a great tool.
This is exactly where I am. I'm enjoying my Lab Radar but will be anxious to hear of how the Garmin is working for everyone.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23

I wonder how many charges the li-ion battery is good for before it is kaput. And does one have to purchase a new chrono or can the battery be replaced?
Posted By: dave7mm Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
This unit might actually be the one to make me give up my 1986 Model 33.
Don't think I'll be first in line to buy it.
Not sure if there are kinks to work out are not.
I'll be following this units progress
dave
Posted By: SWJ Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
Haven’t used the Xero, but was impressed with the units UI and the app in the promo material I’ve seen. I have a shooting chony and Magnetospeed and the UI’s and data retrieval are okay but not always intuitive or easy. Kinda of a DOS V’s Windows comparison. I will keep using my magnetospeed for now but would like to have a unit like the Xero where I don’t have to worry about POI changes.
Posted By: Huntz Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
A gear heads dream come true . I want one.
Posted By: wyosteve Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
The guys that already received them have good things to say about it. Ordered mine this morning, should be here late next week.
Posted By: Hudge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
I went to pick one up here in Vegas at the BPS here. The website said they had it in stock, along with other chronographs. I could t find it, so I asked. The gentleman working said he’s usually not up front, so he went and asked for help himself. Came back a few minutes later saying they do not carry any chronographs, I showed him the website and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off.
Posted By: Rolly Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
I wonder how this unit works if you are shooting at a range with benches nearby with other shooters. If it picks up your shots will it also pick up the shots from the benches adjacent to yours and mess up your readings.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
Originally Posted by CRS

That's exactly how I feel. Also, I like having an SD card in the unit rather than relying on the phone app. I like to pull the card from the unit for transfers to my computer.
Posted By: ldholton Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
Friend of mine has a labradar , I've yet to see thd advantage of it over my chronograph..
Posted By: Charlie-NY Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
Originally Posted by Rolly
I wonder how this unit works if you are shooting at a range with benches nearby with other shooters. If it picks up your shots will it also pick up the shots from the benches adjacent to yours and mess up your readings.

Garmin says that the unit senses other Garmin chronographs near it and changes the frequency automatically. They also say that it is not triggered by gunfire on adjoining benches.
Posted By: KenMi Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

I wonder how many charges the li-ion battery is good for before it is kaput. And does one have to purchase a new chrono or can the battery be replaced?

That question should be asked of electric vehicles too. Replacement cost is 2/3 the cost of the vehicle.

Garmin SHOULD offer a battery. But it may not be user serviceable to replace it. So, that would require shipping, repair charge, plus battery cost. They would probably give some indication if you call customer service.
Posted By: boatanchor Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
It also apparently doesn't have the velocity and caliber limits of the Labradar.

I tried a Labradar for over a year, and while I initially loved it, found it's velocity/caliber limits weren't enough for my professional use. Consequently often ended up range sessions with one of my other four chronographs, usually the Magnetospeed....

I have been very devoted to my Oehler 35P for many years......but it does have it's drawbacks.
Takes awhile to set up.......pretty forgiving but light does have to be within certain parameters....
was completely happy until one of my buddies talked me into a 204 Ruger.
My Oehler will only pick up 1 in 5 shots, my buddies LabRadar picked up NONE EVER....
Magnettospeed never interested me, I have got to have this new Garmin !!!!!!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
Thank you for that, I ordered one from GPS city and it will ship on the 20th Nov as it is currently on back order.

Seriously pleased with doing away with shooting over the Chrony, a big upgrade.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/21/23
Just about anything is a big upgrade over "shooting over the Chrony"!
Almost all the demo teams at the PRS expo in Texas were running these units today. Very impressive watching them work on both a subsonic 22 then a 50 BMG.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23

You are dead right about that.

I am really looking forward to retiring this.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mart Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23

Will the Garmin read 17 calibers? I have the Labradar and like it. Easy to set up and no tying up other shooters while I set up the chronograph. The one thing I don’t like is that it won’t read 17 caliber bullets. And sometimes it doesn’t catch 22s.
Posted By: cotis Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
This Garmin is going to eat LabRadar’s lunch and dinner
Posted By: outahere Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
I have the Garmin Xero S1 trapshooting unit. I find the real value of this tool is in fine tuning gun fit as the machine allows you to know, not just think you know, where your pattern is centered relative to the clay. Turns guesswork into useful data points. Kind of spendy and still needs some finetuning but I can see where this technology will become really useful.

Good to hear Garmin is expanding their offering.
Posted By: robertham1 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
Originally Posted by mart

Will the Garmin read 17 calibers? I have the Labradar and like it. Easy to set up and no tying up other shooters while I set up the chronograph. The one thing I don’t like is that it won’t read 17 caliber bullets. And sometimes it doesn’t catch 22s.

From what I’ve seen yes. it even capture bb’s
Originally Posted by Rolly
A few guys doing Beta testing tell us that is not an issue.

I sent my (PRE)order in to Midway. I do not know when it will be filled.

I am just frustrated with the $200 CED M2. It works really well on an overcast day, without direct sunlight. But the last three trips to the range have been bright and clear. I failed to get even one chronograph reading despite numerous tries over the three range sessions.

Skyscreens do no good as the sun is not directly overhead. A doppler unit should cure any such issues.
Posted By: RickBin Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
Can you return to a previous string and add to it?
Posted By: goalie Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
Man, I think I'm gonna need one of these.
Originally Posted by RickBin
Rick, I have not seen that mentioned.

Me?

I just flip back to the page in the notebook where I wrote that previous string.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
The specs for the radar itself on both the LR and Garmin are virtually identical. I have been told the Garmin does seem to pick up 22 cal bullets better than the LR but still misses sometimes. Other than the possibilty of reading small caliber bullets it's appears to simply be a smaller and handier version of the LR. Not withstanding John Snow's breathless review of the Xero. As long as the lithium battery holds out anyway.... I've already had one Anker 10k millliamp battery die on me in the 4+ years I've had my LR. Hopefully Garmin provided a way to access and change out batteries easily.

The biggest drawback to the LR is it's inability to return to previous shot strings and add more shots. I"ve read through the Xero manual and nowhere does it seem to suggest that returning to previous strings is possible either.

Luckily I have three ring binders with 40+ years of velocities and any kind of load data I choose to enter including targets. Better yet I've never deleted anything from my binders by pushing the wrong button........
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23

That's the first question I asked and tried to find when I (quickly) read though the manual. I couldn't find anything that suggested a guy could return to previous strings.
Posted By: AU338MAG Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
Great.

Finally got my hands on a LabRadar a few months ago and now it's obsolete...
Posted By: Lou_270 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
This looks slick! Will get one eventually

Lou
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Great.

Finally got my hands on a LabRadar a few months ago and now it's obsolete...
LOL. I wouldn’t go that far just yet…
Not seeing that ability in their manual. They show how to start a session, pause a session, end a session and then go back and look at previous sessions, but it seems recording shots will be linear with no re-opening a stored session.

Garmin Owner's Manual - Recording Shot Data

Might be something to recommend to them for version 1.1.

Share Ideas
Posted By: horse1 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
I bought my LabRadar in 2015. From then until present day I've used the LabRadar a whole bunch more than I would've used my old Chrony or 35P because the LR is so simple to set up. It's so easy that I very rarely shoot without setting up the LR.

I've gotten 9 trouble-free years out of a piece of electronic equipment that met my needs as I don't have any sub .224 bore diameters, nor any loads that go over 4K FPS. WTF else electronic lasts 9 yrs without either breaking or having a better mousetrap making it obsolete?

I love the innovation Garmin has put into the smaller size and extra functionality of capturing the faster speeds. I hope the Garmin is easier to "aim" than the LR or has a simple add-on for that makes it so.

IMO, the biggest benefit to the radar chronograph and ubiquitous hand-held LRF is that it gets harder every day for ammo/projectile manufacturers to fudge their velocity/BC figures.
Posted By: RickBin Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
After reading the linked (sparse) manual, maybe you can “pause” a session, start a second session while the first is paused, then pause the second session and resume the first session.

Am I asking for too much?
Posted By: dave7mm Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/22/23
Originally Posted by boatanchor
My Oehler will only pick up 1 in 5 shots, !
If you get the opportunity to try the 204 again.
Try using a black magic marker and paint your bullets black.
If it's a overcast day.
Use the Marker and take the tops off your screens....
dave
Posted By: Partsman Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/23/23
Only 799.99 CDN up here.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/23/23

My Labradar even refused to "read" 6mm Hornady A-Maxes, apparently because they have one of the smallest rear ends of any boattails--and Labradars read the rear end. I had to switch to another chronograph to finish the range session, which is when I decided to sell it.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/23/23
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by boatanchor
My Oehler will only pick up 1 in 5 shots, !
If you get the opportunity to try the 204 again.
Try using a black magic marker and paint your bullets black.
If it's a overcast day.
Use the Marker and take the tops off your screens....
dave

This.

I have owned an Oehler 35P since they were reintroduced maybe a decade ago. It has never failed to read even .17 caliber bullets at 4000+ fps, though on days with high bright sun they need to be "Magic-Markered."

Have used a bunch of chronographs, and right now own four. While most people will be fine with a Labradar, due to my job I need one that will read everything--and even a "cheap" ProChrono has done that. Am interested in the Garmin, but only if it works on a wider range of bullets and velocities than the Labradar.
It was the complete failure of my CED M2 on the last three range trips which prompted my order of the Garmin.

It usually works pretty well on over cast days. Bright intense sunlight shining into the sensors is its nemisis in my experience. Skyscreens only stop that for a couple weeks around June 21 at this latitude, and then only from about 11:30 to 12:30.

A big sheet of cardboard placed vertically on the South side of the sensors to shade them from direct sunlight usually produces functionality. But I did not have means to do so at a public range.

Magic marker the bullets? They are already black with moly.

A Radar unit will solve all these issues.
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

Like some of you, I put the new Garmin on order. These units are a technological progression from the Oehler chronographs. A few years ago, I upgraded to a Magnetospeed, despite warnings from certain individuals about them not being as reliable or as accurate as an Oehler. All I found was that the Magnetospeed was much easier to use. And tech progresses. I am sure that Dr. Oehler would agree.

The next step from the Magnetospeed is the compact Garmin. It is quick to set up, doesn't hang off the barrel and there's no need to call a cease fire on the line in order to tinker with the unit. Reliability is unknown at this point and what about the battery? Great question! I contacted Garmin, Optics Planet and GPSCity in Canada. I asked them, "Is the battery user replaceable?"

Two of the three have gotten back to me - Optics Planet and GPSCity. I am still waiting to hear from Garmin.

GPSCity said, "We do not have a battery listed for this unit and Garmin does not have a battery listed either. At this time it does not appear it would have a replaceable battery. These are very new units, so you may also wish to reach out to Garmin at 1-800-800-1020 for further confirmation on this question."

The Cdn seller does not have any information about the battery. Nothing in their literature mentions it. I agree with his assessment. No battery part no. or any other information for that matter. It is unlikely that Garmin wants anyone messing with the guts of this unit.

Ditto for Optics Planet. They said, "The Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph uses an internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery, that is nonreplaceable."

The Garmin instructions say, "Rechargeable, built-in lithium-ion battery"

We will have to see if an owner can try to pop the plastic plate (screws? friction fit?) and have a peek inside. Is the battery clipped or soldered in? Is the battery a proprietary one? As it stands now, it's a roll of the dice.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Garmin got back to me this morning. This was their response.

Hello Stephen,

I am happy to help.

The internal battery is not replaceable. If you do ever experience battery issues you would need to contact us for the service options at that point.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,

xxx
Product Support
Garmin International
For 24-hour access to support videos, manuals, FAQs & more, visit the Support Center.

But was the question really answered? Can someone with average mechanical skills take the front off and replace the battery, proprietary or not? I guess we'll find out sometime in the future. Or maybe these units will work far beyond the next technological advancement.
Posted By: bobmn Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/27/23
The Garmin GPS12 had an internal battery for the memory. It failed while on a canoe trip to Hudson Bay. The only fix was to send it back to Kansas so Garmin could replace the battery. The cost was very close to buying a new unit. Doubt that Batteries Plus would have a replacement even if you were willing to void the warranty by opening the unit up.
Posted By: MikeS Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/27/23
Looks pretty slick. I do have to chuckle when I see the display showing the velocity to within 0.1 fps though...
It's annoying that the battery is not user replaceable but every cell phone, laptop and a host of other devices in use these days have rechargeable batteries. Obviously any mechanical or electronic device can fail but taken as a whole you don't hear about an epidemic of battery failures.

Not a deal breaker at all for me, especially since this is the first new chronograph that's really piqued my interest since the mid-90's.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/27/23
I have had Ohlers (gave my last one away), I currently have a Lab Radar, however as I shoot at an indoor 100 yard range it's still a little cumbersome to set up. So I also ordered the Garmin. May be retiring my Lab Radar soon.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
...taken as a whole you don't hear about an epidemic of battery failures.
You sure do. All rechargeable batteries have a lifecycle that includes a certain number of full discharge/recharge cycles before needing replacement. Every laptop, cell phone, etc., goes through this. Most iPhone users that don't upgrade their phone every time a new generation is released know that the phones typically need a battery replacement before the processor/memory starts to lag behind demands.

Laptop users also know that after a while, the battery dies much more quickly and doesn't hold a charge as well as when it was new.

Still, this may not be a deal breaker for many, but it doesn't hurt to be informed when purchasing.
Posted By: cotis Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/28/23
By the time you need to replace the battery it will be out of warranty. Unless there is a trap switch finding a suitable replacement battery is not that hard. Time will tell once enough of them get into the wild and somebody posts photos/video of the inside on the interwebs.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/28/23
So in ten years you will be hooking it to a small battery bank via USB...and it will still be smaller and more convenient than anything else we have ever used.

Or something else will take it's place.

Added, three more weeks before mine ships.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/28/23
The battery is not a deal breaker for the size of the benefits, assuming it lives up to advance info.

MM
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/28/23
Tag.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/28/23
Originally Posted by JSTUART
So in ten years you will be hooking it to a small battery bank via USB...and it will still be smaller and more convenient than anything else we have ever used.

Or something else will take it's place.

Added, three more weeks before mine ships.

The Labradar does that now. It can use AA batteries or a battery pack.
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/30/23
I don't use a chronograph very often. When I do it is the Chrony Beta model, which has always worked swell for me. I know from past experience how fast my Lot of .22 Mag 40gr are out of my Dad's old 783 Marlin, 1970 fps (give or take). About once a year I will clock them, and have always been spot on. But I don't need the precision/dope that some of you LR shooters need. For me, the Garmin would just be a Luxury I treated myself for its shear convenience/set up. I am watching to see how they workout, and who knows, maybe the price will come down a bit later, maybe not. If it is "The Cat's Meow", I will save my lunch money and buy that baby!
Posted By: 32_20fan Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/30/23
Used the Garmin this weekend at the range while shooting some 6.5mm and 308 based cartridges...certainly not pushing it towards the fringes of indicated operational parameters (velocity and reflective surface). Overall, it worked with no drama. Initial configuration and linking to a smart phone was easy. Off the bench, I used the provided tripod, positioned it facing downrange and toward the target....no diligent aiming like one does with the Labradar.

Having been a Labradar user prior, the biggest thing I noted was the size factor and the lack of real estate it takes up on a bench. While the Labradar worked, there was always that second where you didn't know if the shot was picked up or not...whether it was from bad alignment, triggering, parasite shots form the dude at the adjacent bench, etc. Almost a set it and forget it aside from manipulating the menu as needed.

I did not make an effort to compare velocity data with a magnetospeed or Labradar. It seems like there are enough reviews that have already done the comparison thing.

Just another tool in the toolbox.
Posted By: duke61 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/30/23
Thanks for the report 32, good to hear
Posted By: richj Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/30/23
Was only a matter of time. I had a skyscreen unit until the Magneto speed came out then the Lab radar. Garmin looks like a step up. Will not buy one till the labradar dies.
Originally Posted by richj
Was only a matter of time. I had a skyscreen unit until the Magneto speed came out then the Lab radar. Garmin looks like a step up. Will not buy one till the labradar dies.

The main reason for my switch to the Magnetospeed was not having to go through the set up involved with the ProChrono. I am a member of a private range, but the odd member drops by when I shoot. It's nice to be able to set up or remove the chrono without disturbing the line. I never saw any difference between the MS and the ProChrono WRT velocities. Just those few fps based on where the chronos were.

The Garmin is a Christmas present that I hope will make range trips easier. Given its small size and simplicity of operation, it is a welcome addition.
Posted By: BWalker Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/31/23

If that's true I will buy one.
I love my Lab Radar, but it doesn't work at all with my 204 Ruger and is very marginal with my 223 and 22-250.
It's also a pain to aim at times although some of that's a learning curve to aiming it and placement in regards to the muzzle.
Posted By: 32_20fan Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/31/23
Posted By: wyosteve Re: New Garmin chronograph - 10/31/23
Just got mine!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/03/23
Originally Posted by wyosteve
Just got mine!

Well...don't stop there...how is it?
Posted By: mathman Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/07/23
I just got an email notice, Brownell's is having a sale on the Labradar. Writing on the wall?
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/07/23
I have to wait for Santa to give me mine. It won't be too long..............
Posted By: mathman Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/08/23
Midsouth Shooter's Supply has a big Labradar sale now too. It looks like the vendors don't want to get stuck with dead inventory.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/08/23
Does anyone have the Garmin in stock? They must be selling like crazy
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/08/23
They are being advertised in Australia on pre-order for December.

AU $1099.

Here.

The first run to get them out, seen, and desirable seems to have been a roaring success.
Posted By: Hudge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/08/23

I am on several different waitlists for one and they all initially had today as their next arrival date. Nothing, but I noticed Monday a few websites now say expected delivery 14 Dec.
Posted By: noKnees Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/09/23
Originally Posted by Hudge

I am on several different waitlists for one and they all initially had today as their next arrival date. Nothing, but I noticed Monday a few websites now say expected delivery 14 Dec.

I have one on backorder at Midway. It said December 14 or 15 when I ordered. Its hunting season and I shoot a lot less in the winter so waiting is no big deal.
Posted By: Hudge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/09/23
Originally Posted by noKnees

I have one on backorder at Midway. It said December 14 or 15 when I ordered. Its hunting season and I shoot a lot less in the winter so waiting is no big deal.

That’s my plan now is to get on the waitlist there. I wanted to wait to see if any became available today before I did. I did get on the cart at Cabela’s Monday of this week, only for it to not ship to AK.
Posted By: duke61 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/09/23
I have been checking Bass Pro for two weeks , few days ago they happen to have some so I got it delivered today. That thing is small!!
Posted By: 41rem Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/09/23
I'm looking too
Posted By: RevMike Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/09/23
Originally Posted by mathman
Midsouth Shooter's Supply has a big Labradar sale now too. It looks like the vendors don't want to get stuck with dead inventory.

I noticed the very same thing. Looks like Labradar no longer has the monopoly on affordable dopler chronographs. Capitalism at work! laugh
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/09/23
There seems to be a few more used chronographs for sale. Everyone looking to replace them with the Garmin
Posted By: Hudge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/09/23
FYI, Scheels currently has them online. I just purchased one and now I’m waiting the shipping rejection email 😂. It’s the first place that let me go completely through with the online purchase though. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: Dinny Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/09/23
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/18/23
It is not often I look forward to something as much as I am looking forward to this.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hudge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/19/23
Well, I had to contact Scheel’s about my order. They claim it was lost in shipment, I can see the tracking number and it never left Scheel’s. I’m thinking they over sold it, or the lithium battery and they are refusing to ship it. Now I am waiting on my refund to hit.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/19/23
It is not often I look forward to something as much as I am looking forward to this.

[Linked Image]

Still waiting on mine...
Posted By: Aviator Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/19/23
I ordered one from Scheels supposed to be here Monday.
Posted By: Charlie-NY Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/19/23
I did a brief test of the new Garmin the other day. Everything about this unit is just EASY. Easy to transport, easy to aim (just point downrange), easy to align (specs say 5"-15" behind muzzle but I placed it 24" behind muzzle and 12" in front of me), easy to operate the simple button sequences, and easy to get your session summary.

I shot two different rifles, 6mmBR & 6.5x284. The Garmin grabbed every shot and the velocity was displayed quickly. Velocity readout is in LARGE font and other info was in small font. Everything was easy to read with the little unit so close to you.

I didn't bother to download the app because I won't be needing it for what I do.

FWIW - Amazon has an Evergreen rigid case with pick foam that fits the Garmin & tripod great and only cost $29. It looks like the Apache cases but it is much smaller and made in the good ol' USA.

Even though my LabRadar and accessories worked great, I sold it for 1/2 of what I paid. You can even get one for less on a few of the boards. I just saw one for $275. At that price, the LabRadar just might be the best spent money yet.
Posted By: gldprimr Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/19/23
Can you provide a link to the Evergreen case you referenced above ?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/20/23
Thanks for the report.

I was apparently one of the minority of handloaders who was disappointed with the "magic" Labradar, due to its limitations in caliber/velocity. Are you planning to try a wider range of bullets and velocities? Would be very interested in more results as you continue.
Posted By: Puddle Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/20/23
I'm just waiting for someone down the road a way to write an app for the iPhone that turns it into a spiffy chrono with all the bells and whistles. It will come with a stand, of course.

After that I will then buy the Garmin at half the price.
That evergreen case looks great. I got this for my Garmin when it arrives. It is lightly padded and doesn't take up much room. The dimensions of the Garmin are 3.03" x 2.38" x 1.36", so this should fit. Since it is a camera bag, you can wear it on your belt or use a neck strap.

If you do not need a hard case, and just want something small for your range bag, this will work. They are less than $9 USD.

search for - Amazon Basics Large Point and Shoot Camera Case - 6 x 4 x 2 Inches, Black

Here's a picture for those who do not have the unit, to see the size of the chronograph.

I've looked at the specs on that but it never really registered how tiny that thing is until you posted the picture of it next to your hand.

This thing is really a major leap forward in chronographs, makes my trusty Oehler 35 with skyscreens look like a steam powered typewriter in comparison.
I've looked at the specs on that but it never really registered how tiny that thing is until you posted the picture of it next to your hand.

This thing is really a major leap forward in chronographs, makes my trusty Oehler 35 with skyscreens look like a steam powered typewriter in comparison.

I had the chance to look at one and see it operate last month. It is an impressive design.

The photo of the unit being held was sent to me. The picture of the camera bag is me. I wanted something that would cushion the unit when it was in my range bag. I suppose the bonus is being able to carry it on your belt, if that’s your thing.
Posted By: Hudge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/21/23
Well, Scheel’s never refunded me my money, or canceled the order. I called them yesterday, and the lady said they had just received 10 that day and 7 remaining in stock. She said she could refund me the money then or ship another one out. I opted to have another one shipped, and as of this morning, UPS already has it on its way to me.
Posted By: jd9770 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/22/23
A friend got one a week ago. We took to the range today. He just set it on the bench facing the target. It picked up every shot from a 223, 6.5x47 lapua and 300wm no problem. He never lost connection with his phone. It is small, but it seems to be a better mousetrap.
I’ve had a labradar for years now. Dealt with it’s issues and just lived with its quirks. We are going back out next week to try it out again. If it picks up the 20cal and can read the 220 swift velocities. Then I guess the labradar will be replaced.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/22/23
Shot over one yesterday and it was quick to set up and never missed a shot. 50 shots or so.

Boat tail .224 bullets.

Hard not to like.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/23/23
On tenterhooks here for as of yesterday my unit has been over the water...probably make land today and be received next week.
Posted By: Hudge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/25/23
Well, it’s not meant to be I guess. UPS cancelled my order due to hazardous materials. It made it to the third UPS facility after leaving Scheels in Missoula, MT, and Scheels telling me shipping was not going to be an issue. What’s funny, the wife ordered a new MacBook, IPads and other stuff for her work. They were delivered by UPS and the box had a sticker that said Litihum battery inside. I give up and maybe they will show up at Cabela’s here locally again.
Posted By: boatanchor Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/25/23
Well, I give up and maybe they will show up at Cabela’s here locally again.

If you are waiting for Cabela's/Carp Pro Shop you will likely be disappointed !!!!!!
Posted By: duke61 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/25/23
I got mine from Bass pro, it took couple of weeks of trying to put one in the cart but I finally got one few weeks ago, got it shipped in two days and tried it out on Thanksgiving Day, my my my, that little thing is awesome.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/27/23
My review…Read through the top paragraphs then I gave a review on the Xero C1.

It’s awesome!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-7-prc-factory-vs-handloads#Post18961631

🦫
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/27/23
I want one.....
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/27/23
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I want one.....

Do it!

It’s worth it.

🦫
Posted By: pete53 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/27/23
can someone who purchased this new Garmin unit have a 17 Remington in a rifle to see if it can read 4,000 FPS when a 17 bullet is shot please . i am still on the fence tell i see proof it can read little bullets like the 17 caliber ,204 caliber , 220 Swift bullets otherwise i will just keep using old faithful my Ohler 35 ,which is a pain in the arse to set up. thank you,Pete53
I can do the 204 test....no help on the 17.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/28/23
Fuck me, this thing is TINY!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/28/23

You are dead right about that.

I am really looking forward to retiring this.

[Linked Image]

When my Chrony gave up the ghost, I would have put it out of my misery with one shot, had I been alone.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/28/23
Got my Garmin today. Looking very forward to range time now, "even more so than I was!"
Just added the Shotview app, paired the devices, and the Garmin went straight in to an update which took about five minutes. Also...it only took about fifteen minutes on the wall charger to bring the unit up to 100% charge.

All good to go...AND...we are in for 24hours of thunderstorms!

Fair chance we are going to cop a kicking.

[Linked Image]
Organised one of these, should be enough room to hold the assembled unit, instructions, and a changing cord.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
Posted By: Hudge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/29/23
Well, the drama from Scheels continued. They shipped the original one to me last Wednesday it looks like only for UPS to deny shipment. I called Scheels and got my refund issued on the credit card. I just happened to look online and the BPS here had them, but would not let an online order go through. I called and talked with BPS they did indeed have them, so they pulled one off the shelf for me. I picked it up Monday after work. Now I have to wait for Christmas for it.
Posted By: 257 mag Re: New Garmin chronograph - 11/30/23
I used one of these:

https://www.harborfreight.com/1800-weatherproof-protective-case-small-black-64550.html
Posted By: WiFowler Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/01/23
I've had an Orgler 35P for years. Never missed a beat. Bought a Magneto Speed a few years ago. That said, I have a Garmin on order through the LGS
Posted By: oldwoody2 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/01/23
Gosh, things have changed a bit since my first Chrono, having to look in a chart to see what the numbers meant !!
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/05/23
Originally Posted by oldwoody2
Gosh, things have changed a bit since my first Chrono, having to look in a chart to see what the numbers meant !!

I was thinking the same today. Started with an Oehler 33, upgraded it to a 35. Moved on to a Shooting Chrony, which I would have shot had I been alone at the range. Then tried a Competition ?? Pro Chrono, really worked well but did not like the whole setup of messing with tripod mounts & skyscreens. Totally bypassed the LabRadar, not interested. Progressed to a Magneto Speed, then the MG Speed 3 which I mounted remotely. Was not going to mount it on the barrel.

Now I have graduated to this Garmin unit which I think will supersede them all ultimately.

I'd be willing to bet that LabRadar will have a smaller unit on the drawing board right away, not that I would buy one.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/07/23
So you guys that have been using this......just got mine today......is the black background the best option or the white? Wondering if one is better than the other when outdoors.
Posted By: 222Sako Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/08/23
Scheels shows them in stock. grin
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/08/23
Do they work for shotguns?
Well I just ordered my xmas present................................
Organised one of these, should be enough room to hold the assembled unit, instructions, and a changing cord.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

Are these on Amazon? If so what brand
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/08/23
Picked it up from ebay, and had a local fellow that does signs put the box through his laser cutter to mark the box so I will know which box it is.
It only cost a couple of dollars for the signage.

ebay link

[Linked Image]

The box is a good size that allows the unit to be packed away whole, and has space for the cord and paperwork.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/08/23
Originally Posted by Beaver10
[quote=JGRaider]I want one.....

I'm going to ask Santa Claus for one myself! I just hope i've been a "good boy" in this last rotten, can't catch a break year of "23!! ha
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/08/23
Good luck Jim!
Posted By: boatanchor Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/09/23
Bank email said that Larry had hit my credit card, five minutes later Larry emailed and said my Garmin had been shipped. UPS is saying I should have it next Friday.
Hope to try it out next weekend
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/10/23
Just got the email that mine has shipped from Larry.
I wanted to show this to everyone who doesn't need a larger hard case for their Garmin. It's a padded, compact case (6 x 4 x 2 inches) that has freed up a lot of room in my range bag. It holds the tripod and chrono securely. A small footprint. It's about $12 now.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Large-Pointhoot-Camera/dp/B00DUGZEWK?th=1

Amazon Basics Large Point and Shoot Camera Case, 6 x 4 x 2 Inches, Black, Solid

Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/16/23
Had my new Xero up in the TX Panhandle for a few days. Only put about 60 rds "through" it and it performed flawlessly as advertised never missing a shot. It's just too easy and intuitive. Only thing I'd nitpick about is that if you're going back and forth between rifles, you cannot go back and forth between sessions on the unit. You must end the session and go to another one. Not a biggie, as when you end a session on the unit it shoots the data to the phone app so you can have them later at least. Love it.
Posted By: outahere Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/18/23
Does wind affect the Xero's readings? I find with Garmin's trap shooting trainer that the unit is not usable with any appreciable wind-induced movement of branches in the background. Is this an issue with their new chrono?
Posted By: oldwoody2 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/18/23
Originally Posted by pete53
can someone who purchased this new Garmin unit have a 17 Remington in a rifle to see if it can read 4,000 FPS when a 17 bullet is shot please . i am still on the fence tell i see proof it can read little bullets like the 17 caliber ,204 caliber , 220 Swift bullets otherwise i will just keep using old faithful my Ohler 35 ,which is a pain in the arse to set up. thank you,Pete53
DARN GOOD QUESTION !!!
Posted By: 222Sako Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/19/23
Originally Posted by oldwoody2
DARN GOOD QUESTION !!!
I've put Hornady factory 204, 32 grain Vmax ammo over mine.
5 shots averaged 4087 fps, with 2 shots going just a bit over 4100.
Posted By: 41rem Re: New Garmin chronograph - 12/23/23
Originally Posted by Aviator
I ordered one from Scheels supposed to be here Monday.

My transaction with Scheels went off without a hitch. The Garmin chrono showed up this morning. Got regular email updates as it was in transit.

Posted By: RevMike Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/12/24
Just got mine. I bought it online from BPS on Sunday, they shipped it to the store on Thursday and I picked it up. Hopefully I'll get to try it on our hunting camp range today. I used a fist full of BPS gift cards collected over the years to pay for it - finally something they had that I wanted. crazy
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/12/24
The one I ordered direct from Garmin arrived somewhat earlier than they promised, four weeks instead of 5-8. Can’t get over the tiny size. Took it out yesterday for a trial while dialing in a new scope, and it was almost too simple to use. Was a little miffed when the screen asked me if I wanted to perform an update; it just came off the line for Pete’s sake, but the update was already loaded and took just a couple minutes to apply.

My biggest worry about it is that it’s so small that Grandpa may leave it behind when packing up his stuff after shooting.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/13/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Spent some Cabela's points.
Couldn't resist
Turned it on and played with it. Is as far as I've gotten.

dave
Posted By: pete53 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/13/24
anyone left this unit by accident in your vehicle when its below zero yet ? and does it still work ?
Posted By: RevMike Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/13/24
I shot mine on the camp range yesterday before heading to the stands. It took about thirty seconds to set up, a minute or so to sync with my phone (my own learning curve, no doubt), and picked up three quick shots without a hitch. It took another thirty seconds or so to get the information to the phone, but wow it is a lot better than fooling with a traditional chronograph. I realize this wasn't much of a test, but you can't beat the convenience.
Posted By: drop_point Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/13/24

I took mine out with a .17 Ackley on a cloudy day. Read 100%. Took it out on a very sunny day. Also read 100%.
Posted By: Bugger Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/13/24
The chronograph I had that used screens was almost worthless mainly due to wind in this part of the world. I pretty much gave it away ($15). I felt that I had a choice of Labradar or Magnetospeed. I chose Magnetospeed mostly because of the $ difference. I suspected that I might buy a Labradar someday. Now I see a Garmin in the near future. I’ll keep the Magnetospeed though.
My guess is that Labradar will have to come out with a new and improved product or go belly up.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/13/24
Ordered mine from Scheels yesterday, got an email this morning that it has shipped. That's quick!
Posted By: Puddle Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/13/24
A bud and I were out yesterday testing various powders in 12 degrees F temperatures. A sunny, balmy day.

He brought his latest new gadget, the Garmin and it performed without a hitch all day. Plenty of opportunity to catch a cold, but it just kept working.
anyone left this unit by accident in your vehicle when its below zero yet ? and does it still work ?

Take the free one you were talking about and let us know. But why would someone do that? What expensive electronic device would you leave in your car?
Posted By: Hudge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24
I used mine this past Sunday. I started it out with pistol, and it did not miss any once I got within the distance thresholds. Next I moved to rifle, and if did miss the very first rifle shot. No clue why, but it did not miss another shot. It was about 22 F at the time and overcast skies. No winds at all, so I can’t say the wind was the cause. Overall, Very easy to use.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24
Have put about 200 rounds past mine so far any not a single issue
Posted By: tripod3 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24
Will have to reserve a spot next to the dial phone for my Chrony
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24
Originally Posted by tripod3

Yup. This appears to be a quantum leap, in convenience anyway. I’ve seen some struggle a bit with their Labradars, and one old fart insisted on putting his on a tripod in front of the bench, shutting the line down a couple of times while he futzed around getting it right. The Magneto Speed seems like the best budget option now. Mine was equally easy to use, just a bit more trouble to set up. Results were excellent.

Could’ve bought a gun or scope for what the Garmin cost, but I think it was a wise investment.
Posted By: pete53 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

Take the free one you were talking about and let us know. But why would someone do that? What expensive electronic device would you leave in your car?

> no the unit is not free just discounted some , i drive a pickup always , as far as your negative post screw you arse hole . > i do see some loonies have posted some positive outside shooting/testing this Garmin unit nice to know . thank you much,Pete53 > " today at my place its 12 below so this Garmin unit if used outside today would be a test for this Garmin unit ?"
From the online Garmin Manual: Operating temperature range From -10º to 55ºC (from 14º to 131ºF)

Garmin Owners > Specifications
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Yup. This appears to be a quantum leap, in convenience anyway. I’ve seen some struggle a bit with their Labradars, and one old fart insisted on putting his on a tripod in front of the bench, shutting the line down a couple of times while he futzed around getting it right. The Magneto Speed seems like the best budget option now. Mine was equally easy to use, just a bit more trouble to set up. Results were excellent.

Could’ve bought a gun or scope for what the Garmin cost, but I think it was a wise investment.
That’s not the fault of the device, but user incompetence. The
LR is really not that difficult to set up or use. It’s certainly not perfect, especially from a software/firmware perspective, but it’s miles better than the other options (prior to the Garmin).

And BTW, quantum means tiny. wink

> no the unit is not free just discounted some , i drive a pickup always , as far as your negative post screw you arse hole . > i do see some loonies have posted some positive outside shooting/testing this Garmin unit nice to know . thank you much,Pete53 > " today at my place its 12 below so this Garmin unit if used outside today would be a test for this Garmin unit ?"

Again. Walk the talk and buy this great deal and let us know how carelessly leaving it in your truck affects its performance. I’m not sure why anyone else would do that for you nor why you would expect it. Ridiculous.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

LR is really not that difficult to set up or use. It’s certainly not perfect, especially from a software/firmware perspective, but it’s miles better than the other options (prior to the Garmin).

I’m not sure why anyone would even consider a Labradar today.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24

It was miles ahead, but no longer. I’m waiting for someone to explain why or how it’s still better than the Garmin, other than ones out there are likely all paid for, a not inconsiderable thing.

noun
quan·​tum | \ ˈkwän-təm \
plural quan​ta \ ˈkwän-tə \
Definition (Entry 1 of 2)
1 a : QUANTITY, AMOUNT
b : PORTION, PART
c : gross quantity : BULK
2 a : any of the very small increments or parcels into which many forms of energy are subdivided
b : any of the small subdivisions of a quantized physical magnitude (such as magnetic moment)

adjective
Definition (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : LARGE, SIGNIFICANT
//a quantum improvement

The size of the Quantity or Amount isn’t specified…….
Posted By: Charlie-NY Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24
"I’m not sure why anyone would even consider a Labradar today."

You could get a like new LR with all the bells and whistles for about 1/2 the cost of a Garmin. That's one reason. I sold my LR with everything that cost me over $800. I sold it for $400. I've seen some for $350.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24
Might buy a LR when they drop to 20 cents on the dollar. But will probably wait for 10-15 which is where most electronics are after 2-3 years. Offered a guy 25 bucks for a MS V3 for chits and giggles as I dont really want it, think I pissed him off that i thought so highly of it.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
"I’m not sure why anyone would even consider a Labradar today."

You could get a like new LR with all the bells and whistles for about 1/2 the cost of a Garmin. That's one reason. I sold my LR with everything that cost me over $800. I sold it for $400. I've seen some for $350.

Fella up the road has a Labradar, I shall stick with my Garmin.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/14/24
One day at the range with the Garmin and my LabRadar found a new home. Don't miss it a bit.

It was miles ahead, but no longer. I’m waiting for someone to explain why or how it’s still better than the Garmin, other than ones out there are likely all paid for, a not inconsiderable thing.
I agree.

noun
2 a : any of the very small increments or parcels into which many forms of energy are subdivided
b : any of the small subdivisions of a quantized physical magnitude (such as magnetic moment)

adjective
//a quantum improvement

The “quantity or amount” refers to the fact that quantities are discrete at the atomic and subatomic scale. Referring to “large, significant” is a common enough misuse of the word, that it is widely accepted as legitimate, these days.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/15/24
If/when my Labradar goes tango uniform I’ll probably go for the Garmin but I’ve had good service from the L/R.

I’ve read here of guys having problems setting up a L/R but I’ve never had any, never even uttered a cuss word during set up. The Garmin looks like a nice unit but I’m not selling my Labradar…it does whet I need it to do.
Tag
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by navlav8r
If/when my Labradar goes tango uniform I’ll probably go for the Garmin but I’ve had good service from the L/R.

I’ve read here of guys having problems setting up a L/R but I’ve never had any, never even uttered a cuss word during set up. The Garmin looks like a nice unit but I’m not selling my Labradar…it does whet I need it to do.
Same here. My F-18 pilot buddy bought two LR’s, sold me his second unused one for $250. No problems . He bought the Garmin and asked me if I needed a backup LR now.😂
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/15/24

I agree.

noun

adjective
//a quantum improvement

The “quantity or amount” refers to the fact that quantities are discrete at the atomic and subatomic scale. Referring to “large, significant” is a common enough misuse of the word, that it is widely accepted as legitimate, these days.

I have no idea how long quantum has been used as an adjective, or misused as the case may be, but language isn’t static, and usage wins in the end. After all, the purpose of language is to communicate, not enshrine the past. I have my own small list of “cringe words” that are commonly abused, and don’t get me started on spelling, especially here where misspelling is almost a human right, and someone that uses a dictionary is a hater, or White Supremacist.

If I had a Labradar that worked for me, I wouldn’t replace it, but I’m glad I waited until the Garmin came out. My trips to the range involve toting too much crap as it is.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/15/24
Bought the Garmin sold my Labradar it's a no brainer not even close between the two
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/15/24
I guess it's time now to sell my ballistic pendulum..... grin

I agree.

noun

adjective
//a quantum improvement

I have no idea how long quantum has been used as an adjective, or misused as the case may be, but language isn’t static, and usage wins in the end. After all, the purpose of language is to communicate, not enshrine the past. I have my own small list of “cringe words” that are commonly abused, and don’t get me started on spelling, especially here where misspelling is almost a human right, and someone that uses a dictionary is a hater, or White Supremacist.

If I had a Labradar that worked for me, I wouldn’t replace it, but I’m glad I waited until the Garmin came out. My trips to the range involve toting too much crap as it is.

Anyone who doesn't like the current usage of "quantum leap" can probably blame the early '90s TV show by that name.

More generally, it's sad when a grammar error or incorrect usage of a term gets common enough to become"accepted." That's an education failure because there's no shortage in English for correct ways to express something, other than a couple minor exceptions with pronouns (plural of you being the same as the singular and the lack of gender-less singular personal pronouns, which has led to the common abuse of using plural pronouns for one person which in turn causes much confusion).
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Yeah, anybody want an Oehler33? After almost 40 years it doesn't owe me anything but my new Garmin doesn't use Skyscreens, sets up in less then a minute and practically fits in my shirt pocket. Wow! Stuff sure changes. Of course this from a guy who just retired a truck that was old enough to vote!
Posted By: RevMike Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/15/24
Back in stock on the BP website if you have gift cards to use.
Posted By: 222Sako Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/15/24
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Yeah, anybody want an Oehler33? After almost 40 years it doesn't owe me anything but my new Garmin doesn't use Skyscreens, sets up in less then a minute and practically fits in my shirt pocket. Wow! Stuff sure changes. Of course this from a guy who just retired a truck that was old enough to vote!
Probably will have to pay someone to take my CED Millennium Chrono. 🫤
Originally Posted by 222Sako
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Probably will have to pay someone to take my CED Millennium Chrono. 🫤

Don't get rid of your pendulum or other chronos. It's always prudent to have a spare.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/15/24
I have owned a ProTach chronograph since the 1980s. It works fine, but is a pain to set up. I will be getting one of these. I'm glad I waited so long to upgrade.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/16/24
Originally Posted by navlav8r

When I bought my LR I couldn’t get it to trigger—didn’t have it close enough to the muzzle out of fear of damaging the “delicate” electronics.

Since then the only time it misses shots is with 22cal bullets—it’s averaging a miss 1 out of 14 shots, at least so far.

I paid $359.99 with free shipping for mine 5 years ago.

I’m having trouble understanding how it’s such a chore to carry the LR from the truck to the shooting bench.

I really don’t care if I can carry it in my pocket—it’s not like I stalk through the timber doing the Fudd thing, whipping out my chrono to check if my load velocity is the same as it was a week ago…..

I don’t like the idea of having an integral battery that will most likely have to be replaced at the factory 5 years from now.

Currently a used LR is the best buy in reloading equipment in North America.

When my LR melts down I’ll buy a Garmin.
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Don't get rid of your pendulum or other chronos. It's always prudent to have a spare.

I continue to hang on to my M35–in part I’d probably have pay someone to take it, but I also want a backup.

Of course Infinition may just drop the LabRadar and not support it if Garmin runs them out of the market.

Or maybe Infinition will upgrade the LR to read 17 cal bullets AND make it so a guy can add shots to previous shot strings—the latter a glaring error of the LR and one Garmin inexplicably continued.
[

Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

I agree.

noun

adjective
//a quantum improvement

Anyone who doesn't like the current usage of "quantum leap" can probably blame the early '90s TV show by that name.

More generally, it's sad when a grammar error or incorrect usage of a term gets common enough to become"accepted." That's an education failure because there's no shortage in English for correct ways to express something, other than a couple minor exceptions with pronouns (plural of you being the same as the singular and the lack of gender-less singular personal pronouns, which has led to the common abuse of using plural pronouns for one person which in turn causes much confusion).

Since when did quantum mean tiny????

The phrase "quantum leap" does mean and has always meant a change in levels. Not an insignificant thing.
I originally learned the word in 1971 in Freshman High School Science Class in reference to energy states of electrons.
An orbiting electron in an atom makes jumps between energy levels, known as quantum leaps or jumps. The atom creates a photon when an electron moves to a lower energy level and absorbs a photon when an electron moves to a higher energy level or leaves the atom (ionization).

Which is, again, not an insignificant change in energy state. And explains how a luminous/phosphorescent watch display works.

As the word is defined fifty some years later:
1: discrete quantity of energy proportional in magnitude to the frequency of the radiation it represents.

2: an analogous discrete amount of any other physical quantity, such as momentum or electric charge.

3: the unit quantity of acetylcholine released at a neuromuscular junction by a single synaptic vesicle, contributing a discrete small voltage to the measured end-plate potential.

4: required or allowed amount, especially an amount of money legally payable in damages.
"the court must determine the quantum of compensation due"
Posted By: boatanchor Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/16/24

Is your middle name by chance Webster ??? Jordan Webster Smith since you are revising the dictionary wink
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/16/24
How are you folks getting the data from your Garmin chrono into your computer?

Does the Garmin have a decent amount of internal data storage capacity?

I can see a Garmin in my future. But, my Labradar has been pretty good to me the last 6 years, and I don't really need a new chronograph just for the form factor.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

I can see a Garmin in my future. But, my Labradar has been pretty good to me the last 6 years, and I don't really need a new chronograph just for the form factor.

It links directly to the computer you carry in your pocket. Another benefit it has over the Labradar.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/16/24

I don’t like the idea of having an integral battery that will most likely have to be replaced at the factory 5 years from now.

My anal self feels the same way, however batteries have come a long way. I have a Kindle that’s going on 14 and it still charges and works perfectly. Off the top of my head I can’t recall a single rechargeable item I’ve had fail on me in at least a decade.

In a pinch, I suspect that the Garmin will run off a power pack even if the battery dies. I keep one of those with me in the truck anyway.

I agree with your reasoning for the most part, but there’s no denying the convenience the Garmin offers. I’ve watched some folks struggle a bit with their LRs; maybe a “training” problem, or an aiming problem, but I can tell you I plopped my Garmin on the bench, pointed it at the target, and went right to work. It rides in my small range bag along with the other stuff, inside an old compact camera pouch. It’s there if I decide I need it.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Since when did quantum mean tiny????

The phrase "quantum leap" does mean and has always meant a change in levels. Not an insignificant thing.
I originally learned the word in 1971 in Freshman High School Science Class in reference to energy states of electrons.
An orbiting electron in an atom makes jumps between energy levels, known as quantum leaps or jumps. The atom creates a photon when an electron moves to a lower energy level and absorbs a photon when an electron moves to a higher energy level or leaves the atom (ionization).

Which is, again, not an insignificant change in energy state. And explains how a luminous/phosphorescent watch display works.

As the word is defined fifty some years later:
1: discrete quantity of energy proportional in magnitude to the frequency of the radiation it represents.

2: an analogous discrete amount of any other physical quantity, such as momentum or electric charge.

3: the unit quantity of acetylcholine released at a neuromuscular junction by a single synaptic vesicle, contributing a discrete small voltage to the measured end-plate potential.

4: required or allowed amount, especially an amount of money legally payable in damages.
"the court must determine the quantum of compensation due"
Wow, what started off as a joke with a bit of truth, has really spiralled into a thread derailment. I guess I’ll address this, since we’re on the topic now.

Not only can electronic transitions correspond to a very small amount of energy (a quantum of energy), depending on the density of states and specific transition, but most would agree that electrons are sub-atomic, and are pretty tiny, as I mentioned. Quanta of energy correspond not only to photons and electronic transitions, but also phonons, spin-state transitions, etc.

I agree that fundamentally, “quantum” simply means a discrete quantity, but it implies and is used to describe physics at the atomic and subatomic scale. Quantum physics was formulated in the early 1900s, where Planck first used it to describe the minimum amount of a given quantity that can exist. While the word may have been misused in the mid-20th century, at least in the context of associating a “quantum leap” with quantum physics, and incorrectly implying a leap that is large, the world is back to using it with its proper implication. My career is in quantum science and technology, and I can assure you that the entire quantum ecosystem uses the word to describe physics at the most fundamental level. That’s the original and the current common usage of the word. As a physicist, I likely take the word more literally and more seriously than most, so maybe it’s just me that is bothered when people use “quantum leap” to describe a large leap.

For fun:
https://archives.cjr.org/language_corner/language_corner_080514.php

It links directly to the computer you carry in your pocket. Another benefit it has over the Labradar.
The LR does, too.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/16/24
It's already been shown here, and on other boards that an external battery plugs in and works. You naysayers need to come up wth a legitimate gripe about the Garmin. It's kicking ass, and leaving everything else in the rear view mirror.
Posted By: rost495 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/16/24
It's already been shown here, and on other boards that an external battery plugs in and works. You naysayers need to come up wth a legitimate gripe about the Garmin. It's kicking ass, and leaving everything else in the rear view mirror.
What I've read so far and heard from others tells me when the Oehler 35 quits on me if it ever does, Garmin is top of the list for sure at the moment. Easy decision.

I didn’t know the Garmin could use an external power source. That is a good thing.

Keep in mind though if one is delivering power from a power source, through a dead battery, then on to the equipment, the power draw is significant.

The advantages I’m seeing to the Garmin is the ability to catch .22 caliber bullets more reliably. But apparently still misses on occasion with small cal bullets.

It also reads higher velocities than the LR.

These advantages are an improvement for sure, but hardly a azz-kickin Quantum Leap.

It’s just once the internet gets on that horse, it’s not long before it can cure cancer—sort’ve like the 6.5 Creedmoor……..

Thanks, but how do I get the data onto my PC? It really doesn't do me that much good being on my phone.
https://support.garmin.com/en-HK/?faq=PAkjM4MDQP1sTBF5nXrgI9

Exporting Shot Data from the ShotView App

You can export shot data from the ShotView™ app to a .csv (comma separated values) file format. To perform an export, with a shot session selected:

In the upper right corner of the app select the 3 green dots
Select Export as CSV
You will see the file name of the .csv file to be exported
Select where you want to
- For example you can choose to email the file to yourself or someone else as an attachment
If you have added additional information, for example Cold Bore, Clean Bore, or Notes, that information will be contained in your export as well.

Excel and AFAIK most any spreadsheet program will import csv files into their spreadsheet format.

Garmin doesn't show any way to download files directly from the chronograph or phone app to a PC via USB cable, at least I can't find anything on their website or elsewhere on the net that says so. If someone else can find that then I will happily stand corrected. Hopefully that's something they'll put in a future update of either the chrono or the Shotview app software.

You can export shot data from the ShotView™ app to a .csv (comma separated values) file format. To perform an export, with a shot session selected:

Select Export as CSV
Select where you want to
- For example you can choose to email the file to yourself or someone else as an attachment
If you have added additional information, for example Cold Bore, Clean Bore, or Notes, that information will be contained in your export as well.

Excel and AFAIK most any spreadsheet program will import csv files into their spreadsheet format.

Garmin doesn't show any way to download files directly from the chronograph or phone app to a PC via USB cable, at least I can't find anything on their website or elsewhere on the net that says so. If someone else can find that then I will happily stand corrected. Hopefully that's something they'll put in a future update of either the chrono or the Shotview app software.

Thanks for that info! I find that less than ideal. I am not fond of phone apps, and having to continually email stuff to myself to preserve phone-based data does not appeal to me. That's just me, though, and I'm sure that many won't mind doing that at all.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/16/24
You could always write it all down by hand.......
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Originally Posted by huntsman22

My 3 ring binders think you’re the man!….:
Just a few observations. This thread started last October along with a couple of others. In that time, we have learned a lot. We've seen posts about their size, their functions, how well they work, how to store/transport them, the battery, and collecting and storing data. All valuable points of view.

I am sure that since much of this new technology is software driven, that Garmin will update or modify features as time goes on. They are probably busy collecting information about the good, the bad and the ugly. Although that last part, the ugly, may not be a thing.

We have heard from a few who own LRs and a couple of other chronographs who see no need to update. That is a personal choice. Most of the posters have different needs and expectations. If you are satisfied with your present chrono, rock on!

We have even heard about people jumping over quantums or quantums jumping over other quantums. smile

Just think, there was a time not too long ago when reloaders were blissfully ignorant of how fast their bullets were moving through the air. The flat earthers might say, "Does it really matter?" The techy types would respond, "When is the next version coming out?"

Who knew that some of this "new to us" alien technology (summer 1947) would be used in our lifetimes? smile
Posted By: JGRaider Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

My 3 ring binders think you’re the man!….:

Or even a screen shot from your app and email it to yourself. Might take all of a minute or so.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Or even a screen shot from your app and email it to yourself. Might take all of a minute or so.

And on the rare occasion I’ve forgot my binders I have done just that!

My 3 ring notebooks are my permanent records. I have targets cutout and taped in there, tons of notes and loads, and my chrono data goes back to 1982 when I bought my Custom Chronograph—which I might still be using if they hadn’t stopped making the paper-foil screens…dammit…..
Posted By: ChrisF Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Funny to see the discussion on the semantics of a "quantum leap". I've had a Garmin for a couple of months now. The LabRadar was groundbreaking because it brought doppler velocity capture to hobbiest like us. Was it perfect?...absolutely not.

The Xero checks the boxes the LR left unchecked. Reliable...check. Compact...check. Ready to go out of the box (no additional accessories needed)...check. Day long capable...check.

For me the biggest benefit is that I always have it, and can set it up on a whim. I'll throw it on the bench just because I can. That's a quantum leap over having to plan out a session with the Oehler and making sure I have all the random bits from tripods to cords to rail to tape for the printer.

I'll let ya'll debate whether it's a incremental or quantum leap...one things for sure...it's definitely mo' bettah!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
For me the biggest benefit is that I always have it, and can set it up on a whim. I'll throw it on the bench just because I can. That's a quantum leap over having to plan out a session with the Oehler and making sure I have all the random bits from tripods to cords to rail to tape for the printer.

Bingo!

Never had a Oehler or other screen model, just a MagnetoSpeed that I only used with the PIC-rail adapter. It was likewise very easy to setup and use in that mode. The Garmin can be on hand at all times, JIC, to easily answer all those burning questions about actual vs. wishful-thinking velocities.

Ought to be some used buying opportunities on the Labradar now; maybe even an MSRP drop to make it more attractive while they plot their next move.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24

I do a hybrid. I write down the basics of a string before I go to the range: gun, powder and charge, bullet, primer, OAL, (cartridge brand, name, bullet weight, if factory ammo). As soon as I shoot a string, I write down average velocity, high velocity, low velocity, ES, SD, and number of shots. I also pull the SD card out of the Labrador and copy the new files to my PC (without erasing the SD card) because it has data for each shot, including muzzle velocity, downrange velocities, and energy at the various ranges. I then type my basic notes into a Word document and refer to the dowloaded string. It's all searchable and backed up. It saves a LOT of time if I need to refer to something or to provide information to someone else.
Wouldn’t emailing the data to yourself be quicker?
Posted By: RevMike Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24

Select Export as CSV
Select where you want to

I just did a little experiment to see how this works with Excel. Just like the chronograph itself, very easy.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Originally Posted by ChrisF

That right there is the very worst attempt at purchase justification I have ever read. But then lately thats all this thread has been.
Wouldn’t emailing the data to yourself be quicker?
It still wouldn't have the data on the gun, load data, etc. that has to be manually input anyway by typing on a phone, which is not my preference when dealing with technical data. But, you can do it that way if you prefer.
Originally Posted by Swifty52

That right there is the very worst attempt at purchase justification I have ever read. But then lately thats all this thread has been.

Well, I'lll give you a few more. The wind around here is so bad that it was difficult for me to keep the sky screens from flapping in the breeze or blowing over. This limited the amount of times per year when I could get decent readings, and I made many 20 mile round trips only to not be able to use the Oehler. Then there is the ability to set up without going down range and also the ability to get readings indoors. The Labradar saves me a lot of time and effort and now the Garmin can do the same thing. The time and effort savings are worth the extra bucks to me, and I have shot many more series of shots than I ever would have with the Oehler. I gave my Oehler away years ago.
Posted By: STRSWilson Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24

And that's exactly why I purchased mine as soon as they were announced. And that is exactly the same reasoning why I retired my Oheler to Lab Radar. And why I gave my Lab Radar away after my first range session with the Xero.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24

My justification is 'because I damn well wanted it'.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Got a ProChrono I bought ten years ago for right at $200. Slightly used. I’ll sacrifice it to someone for $250…. They are quite collectible!

😎
Posted By: RickBin Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Anybody tried a shotgun load? .22 rimfire?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Spreadsheets make me sad, but just now I exported the data from a recent session right into Numbers, the resident spreadsheet app for iOs. Couple more minutes and I had it Airdropped onto my iPad. Please be aware I don’t do much, almost none of this kind of stuff, but found it easy, simpler than posting pics, or quicker anyway.

Seems to be in a decent format, but that’s adjustable, no doubt. I can foresee the complaints from the non-Applers, but they have only themselves to blame….😜
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Got a ProChrono I bought ten years ago for right at $200. Slightly used. I’ll sacrifice it to someone for $250…. They are quite collectible!

😎

10 bucks shipped. Not even worth the 5 cents on the dollar but hell i need another paper weight. 🙄
Posted By: Andy3 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

And that's exactly why I purchased mine as soon as they were announced. And that is exactly the same reasoning why I retired my Oheler to Lab Radar. And why I gave my Lab Radar away after my first range session with the Xero.

Nearly exactly what I did....i made the jump from 2 Oheler chronographs, to the Garmin. Everytime I set up, at the bench, my spotting scope is right next to me......from now on, the Garmin will be sitting in front of the spotting scope, catching every round downrange. Just cuz I can!

Andy3
Posted By: 222Sako Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
Anybody tried a shotgun load? .22 rimfire?
22 rimfire is definite go. subsonic to Stingers, it works great. can't say about shotgun
Posted By: RickBin Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/17/24
That’s a plus.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/18/24
Originally Posted by Godogs57

😎

10 bucks shipped. Not even worth the 5 cents on the dollar but hell i need another paper weight. 🙄

Your insults are beyond low class….. I’ll have you know it’s a pre-64 chronograph, like new condition. I’ll be honest though…..it does have the factory installed Creedmor upgrade as well, which I’m throwing in at no cost to you.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/18/24

This ^^^^^
Posted By: centershot Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/19/24
Originally Posted by WiFowler

This ^^^^^

+1, It's a better mouse trap.
Posted By: 458Win Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/19/24
I see Labrador LX has introduced a similar one for virtually the same price
Posted By: pete53 Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/19/24
Originally Posted by 458Win
I see Labrador LX has introduced a similar one for virtually the same price

good to know that might make the price go down some ? did you notice the battery charging situation on that Labrador LX unit ? thanks,Pete53
Posted By: Ken_L Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/19/24
I bought the Garmin. I really like the ease of use without having to take 1/2 hour to set it up. I bought mine from Bass Pro since they give veterans 10% off.
Posted By: ChrisF Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/20/24
[img]www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/1705706350513-png.8327284/[/img]
[img]www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/1705696755411-png.8327173/[/img]

Looks like someone's leaking photo's ahead of the planned SHOT show unveil! I hear that Litz has been beta testing the LX for a few months now.

Ya know...this is not the first redux of the LabRadar. I've also got time on a doppler called a "Bulletseeker" that I believe was imported from Czech. It's actually smaller than the Xero and did a few things the Xero doesn't. But it wasn't nearly as reliable, nor forgiving.

FX Airguns in England has been producing doppler units as well for a few years. Their latest iteration supposedly can capture velocities at 300 yards. That was intriguing for me.
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/fx-outdoors-true-ballistics-chronograph?a=13379

So...with Infinition's spotty history with the LabRadar, and...the many reports of the Xero C1's reliability, form factor, and ease of use...I'm more than a little skeptical that the LabRadar LX will be an improvement over the Xero.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/20/24
Chris,
What was spotty about Infinition’s support? I’ve never heard anything previously, and when I called them 5 years ago with questions they were quite helpful.

Does that mean I'm the best (at being the worst) at something?!!!

I don't really care...but I'll try to give an analogy to shed light anyway.
Photographers have a saying "the best camera is the one you have on you when the moment happens". Carrying my DSLR (I'm a bit of a luddite too and haven't gone entirely mirrorless) is not always an option. My camera bag can weigh 30 lbs...but I always have my camera phone with me. I've been able to capture moments I'd have otherwise missed because I always have my phone with me.

Here's the thing...the Xero is giving better more reliable captures than the old school opticals, and even the old gen dopplers. For me that's having my cake and eating it too.
Chris,
What was spotty about Infinition’s support? I’ve never heard anything previously, and when I called them 5 years ago with questions they were quite helpful.

I didn't comment about the support...but the folks on the other forums were complaining about the LabRadar's app and kludgy UI and just getting a virtual shoulder shrug from the US Distributer.

The spotty history I'm referring to is the delays in updating their firmware and addressing known problems such as the spotty triggering (sprouting a cottage industry of "recoil triggers"), and aiming devices necessitated by it's narrow cone of capture.
Posted By: Puddle Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/20/24
[img]www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/1705706350513-png.8327284/[/img]
[img]www.snipershide.com/shooting/attachments/1705696755411-png.8327173/[/img]

Looks like someone's leaking photo's ahead of the planned SHOT show unveil! I hear that Litz has been beta testing the LX for a few months now.
Is that an aiming device on top of the LX?
Chris,

I didn't comment about the support...but the folks on the other forums were complaining about the LabRadar's app and kludgy UI and just getting a virtual shoulder shrug from the US Distributer.

The spotty history I'm referring to is the delays in updating their firmware and addressing known problems such as the spotty triggering (sprouting a cottage industry of "recoil triggers"), and aiming devices necessitated by it's narrow cone of capture.

Thanks Chris!
If the new LRLX doesn’t allow shots to be entered into previous strings then it a fail as far as I’m concerned.

My 40 years worth of 3ring binders and mechanical pencils have absolute and better connection than any BlueChat AppTooth thingie ever will. Unless the lead breaks on my mechanical pencil. Stupid high tech pencils anyway….
I write this with the caveat that I’ve not seen, held or played with one…but with that said, it’s a pretty good bet it’s the LabRadar built in deluxe Boba straw Aiming Device…or maybe it’s a loop so you can put a chain thru and wear it around your neck!

…the presence of an aiming tube tells me that the LX has a narrow cone of capture.

The Garmin by contrast has given me readings as far as 3+ ft off the shooting axis. I asked the Garmin folk whether the Xero was subject to cosine error on off axis use…to which they replied that the software detected, measured and accounted for angle and calculated the corrected velocity.
If the new LRLX doesn’t allow shots to be entered into previous strings then it a fail as far as I’m concerned.
To be fair…I believe that is one of the (few) flies I’ve heard about in the Xero. But I have more confidence in Garmin pushing out a firmware update than Infinition doing similar.
[quote]
To be fair…I believe that is one of the (few) flies I’ve heard about in the Xero. But I have more confidence in Garmin pushing out a firmware update than Infinition doing similar.

I have been hoping for 5 years that they would update the LR to do that. The hardware installed may not allow it though. I would’ve even been willing to give Infinition some money, send the unit in and have it updated.
Posted By: SKane Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/20/24

That right there is the very worst attempt at purchase justification I have ever read.

Seems like plenty of folks here see the upside to that - self included.

You're retired, aren't ya, Swifty? whistle
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/20/24
Samsung is currently introducing AI in the new S24 so I would be betting we are on the cusp of a new technology shift, and it will probably be exponential growth like we have not previously seen from there.

God knows where it will take us.
Posted By: LeeC Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/20/24
Labradar already does this, see no reason why the new one wont..Just because someone does not know how to do it, does not mean it cant be done. I am with you on the bluetooth, practically worthless, but I dont use it anyway

My 40 years worth of 3ring binders and mechanical pencils have absolute and better connection than any BlueChat AppTooth thingie ever will. Unless the lead breaks on my mechanical pencil. Stupid high tech pencils anyway….
Posted By: RickBin Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/20/24
Originally Posted by LeeC
Labradar already does this, see no reason why the new one wont..Just because someone does not know how to do it, does not mean it cant be done. I am with you on the bluetooth, practically worthless, but I dont use it anyway

Please explain to me how I can add to previous strings on my Labradar. It would help me a lot, and would be much appreciated.
Posted By: LeeC Re: New Garmin chronograph - 01/20/24
I will try to doublecheck the steps today.
Been a while
Please explain to me how I can add to previous strings on my Labradar. It would help me a lot, and would be much appreciated.

Rickbin,
lol….we already had this conversation a while back. We can’t enter new shots into previous strings. Not on any of the chronos, including the Garmin.

I don’t know if the new LRLX will allow it.
Originally Posted by LeeC
Labradar already does this, see no reason why the new one wont..Just because someone does not know how to do it, does not mean it cant be done.

Seriously, if you know how to go back to previous shot strings and enter new velocities into the string, PLEASE tell us how it’s done. Infinition told me it can’t be done.
© 24hourcampfire