Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good luck Jim!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bank email said that Larry had hit my credit card, five minutes later Larry emailed and said my Garmin had been shipped. UPS is saying I should have it next Friday.
Hope to try it out next weekend

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got the email that mine has shipped from Larry.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I wanted to show this to everyone who doesn't need a larger hard case for their Garmin. It's a padded, compact case (6 x 4 x 2 inches) that has freed up a lot of room in my range bag. It holds the tripod and chrono securely. A small footprint. It's about $12 now.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Large-Pointhoot-Camera/dp/B00DUGZEWK?th=1

Amazon Basics Large Point and Shoot Camera Case, 6 x 4 x 2 Inches, Black, Solid

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Had my new Xero up in the TX Panhandle for a few days. Only put about 60 rds "through" it and it performed flawlessly as advertised never missing a shot. It's just too easy and intuitive. Only thing I'd nitpick about is that if you're going back and forth between rifles, you cannot go back and forth between sessions on the unit. You must end the session and go to another one. Not a biggie, as when you end a session on the unit it shoots the data to the phone app so you can have them later at least. Love it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Does wind affect the Xero's readings? I find with Garmin's trap shooting trainer that the unit is not usable with any appreciable wind-induced movement of branches in the background. Is this an issue with their new chrono?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by pete53
can someone who purchased this new Garmin unit have a 17 Remington in a rifle to see if it can read 4,000 FPS when a 17 bullet is shot please . i am still on the fence tell i see proof it can read little bullets like the 17 caliber ,204 caliber , 220 Swift bullets otherwise i will just keep using old faithful my Ohler 35 ,which is a pain in the arse to set up. thank you,Pete53
DARN GOOD QUESTION !!!

"not too grumpy"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by oldwoody2
can someone who purchased this new Garmin unit have a 17 Remington in a rifle to see if it can read 4,000 FPS when a 17 bullet is shot please . i am still on the fence tell i see proof it can read little bullets like the 17 caliber ,204 caliber , 220 Swift bullets otherwise i will just keep using old faithful my Ohler 35 ,which is a pain in the arse to set up. thank you,Pete53
DARN GOOD QUESTION !!!
I've put Hornady factory 204, 32 grain Vmax ammo over mine.
5 shots averaged 4087 fps, with 2 shots going just a bit over 4100.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Aviator
I ordered one from Scheels supposed to be here Monday.

My transaction with Scheels went off without a hitch. The Garmin chrono showed up this morning. Got regular email updates as it was in transit.

We deal in lead, friend.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just got mine. I bought it online from BPS on Sunday, they shipped it to the store on Thursday and I picked it up. Hopefully I'll get to try it on our hunting camp range today. I used a fist full of BPS gift cards collected over the years to pay for it - finally something they had that I wanted. crazy

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one I ordered direct from Garmin arrived somewhat earlier than they promised, four weeks instead of 5-8. Can’t get over the tiny size. Took it out yesterday for a trial while dialing in a new scope, and it was almost too simple to use. Was a little miffed when the screen asked me if I wanted to perform an update; it just came off the line for Pete’s sake, but the update was already loaded and took just a couple minutes to apply.

My biggest worry about it is that it’s so small that Grandpa may leave it behind when packing up his stuff after shooting.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Spent some Cabela's points.
Couldn't resist
Turned it on and played with it. Is as far as I've gotten.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
anyone left this unit by accident in your vehicle when its below zero yet ? and does it still work ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I shot mine on the camp range yesterday before heading to the stands. It took about thirty seconds to set up, a minute or so to sync with my phone (my own learning curve, no doubt), and picked up three quick shots without a hitch. It took another thirty seconds or so to get the information to the phone, but wow it is a lot better than fooling with a traditional chronograph. I realize this wasn't much of a test, but you can't beat the convenience.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
It also apparently doesn't have the velocity and caliber limits of the Labradar.

Will the Garmin read 17 calibers? I have the Labradar and like it. Easy to set up and no tying up other shooters while I set up the chronograph. The one thing I don’t like is that it won’t read 17 caliber bullets. And sometimes it doesn’t catch 22s.

I took mine out with a .17 Ackley on a cloudy day. Read 100%. Took it out on a very sunny day. Also read 100%.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The chronograph I had that used screens was almost worthless mainly due to wind in this part of the world. I pretty much gave it away ($15). I felt that I had a choice of Labradar or Magnetospeed. I chose Magnetospeed mostly because of the $ difference. I suspected that I might buy a Labradar someday. Now I see a Garmin in the near future. I’ll keep the Magnetospeed though.
My guess is that Labradar will have to come out with a new and improved product or go belly up.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ordered mine from Scheels yesterday, got an email this morning that it has shipped. That's quick!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
A bud and I were out yesterday testing various powders in 12 degrees F temperatures. A sunny, balmy day.

He brought his latest new gadget, the Garmin and it performed without a hitch all day. Plenty of opportunity to catch a cold, but it just kept working.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
anyone left this unit by accident in your vehicle when its below zero yet ? and does it still work ?

Take the free one you were talking about and let us know. But why would someone do that? What expensive electronic device would you leave in your car?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used mine this past Sunday. I started it out with pistol, and it did not miss any once I got within the distance thresholds. Next I moved to rifle, and if did miss the very first rifle shot. No clue why, but it did not miss another shot. It was about 22 F at the time and overcast skies. No winds at all, so I can’t say the wind was the cause. Overall, Very easy to use.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,195
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.