Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It is not often I look forward to something as much as I am looking forward to this.

[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Well, I had to contact Scheel’s about my order. They claim it was lost in shipment, I can see the tracking number and it never left Scheel’s. I’m thinking they over sold it, or the lithium battery and they are refusing to ship it. Now I am waiting on my refund to hit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART
It is not often I look forward to something as much as I am looking forward to this.

[Linked Image]

Still waiting on mine...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I ordered one from Scheels supposed to be here Monday.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I did a brief test of the new Garmin the other day. Everything about this unit is just EASY. Easy to transport, easy to aim (just point downrange), easy to align (specs say 5"-15" behind muzzle but I placed it 24" behind muzzle and 12" in front of me), easy to operate the simple button sequences, and easy to get your session summary.

I shot two different rifles, 6mmBR & 6.5x284. The Garmin grabbed every shot and the velocity was displayed quickly. Velocity readout is in LARGE font and other info was in small font. Everything was easy to read with the little unit so close to you.

I didn't bother to download the app because I won't be needing it for what I do.

FWIW - Amazon has an Evergreen rigid case with pick foam that fits the Garmin & tripod great and only cost $29. It looks like the Apache cases but it is much smaller and made in the good ol' USA.

Even though my LabRadar and accessories worked great, I sold it for 1/2 of what I paid. You can even get one for less on a few of the boards. I just saw one for $275. At that price, the LabRadar just might be the best spent money yet.

Last edited by Charlie-NY; 11/19/23.
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Can you provide a link to the Evergreen case you referenced above ?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks for the report.

I was apparently one of the minority of handloaders who was disappointed with the "magic" Labradar, due to its limitations in caliber/velocity. Are you planning to try a wider range of bullets and velocities? Would be very interested in more results as you continue.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I'm just waiting for someone down the road a way to write an app for the iPhone that turns it into a spiffy chrono with all the bells and whistles. It will come with a stand, of course.

After that I will then buy the Garmin at half the price.

Last edited by Puddle; 11/19/23.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
That evergreen case looks great. I got this for my Garmin when it arrives. It is lightly padded and doesn't take up much room. The dimensions of the Garmin are 3.03" x 2.38" x 1.36", so this should fit. Since it is a camera bag, you can wear it on your belt or use a neck strap.

If you do not need a hard case, and just want something small for your range bag, this will work. They are less than $9 USD.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

search for - Amazon Basics Large Point and Shoot Camera Case - 6 x 4 x 2 Inches, Black

Here's a picture for those who do not have the unit, to see the size of the chronograph.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've looked at the specs on that but it never really registered how tiny that thing is until you posted the picture of it next to your hand.

This thing is really a major leap forward in chronographs, makes my trusty Oehler 35 with skyscreens look like a steam powered typewriter in comparison.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I've looked at the specs on that but it never really registered how tiny that thing is until you posted the picture of it next to your hand.

This thing is really a major leap forward in chronographs, makes my trusty Oehler 35 with skyscreens look like a steam powered typewriter in comparison.

I had the chance to look at one and see it operate last month. It is an impressive design.

The photo of the unit being held was sent to me. The picture of the camera bag is me. I wanted something that would cushion the unit when it was in my range bag. I suppose the bonus is being able to carry it on your belt, if that’s your thing.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Well, Scheel’s never refunded me my money, or canceled the order. I called them yesterday, and the lady said they had just received 10 that day and 7 remaining in stock. She said she could refund me the money then or ship another one out. I opted to have another one shipped, and as of this morning, UPS already has it on its way to me.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
A friend got one a week ago. We took to the range today. He just set it on the bench facing the target. It picked up every shot from a 223, 6.5x47 lapua and 300wm no problem. He never lost connection with his phone. It is small, but it seems to be a better mousetrap.
I’ve had a labradar for years now. Dealt with it’s issues and just lived with its quirks. We are going back out next week to try it out again. If it picks up the 20cal and can read the 220 swift velocities. Then I guess the labradar will be replaced.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shot over one yesterday and it was quick to set up and never missed a shot. 50 shots or so.

Boat tail .224 bullets.

Hard not to like.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
On tenterhooks here for as of yesterday my unit has been over the water...probably make land today and be received next week.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Well, it’s not meant to be I guess. UPS cancelled my order due to hazardous materials. It made it to the third UPS facility after leaving Scheels in Missoula, MT, and Scheels telling me shipping was not going to be an issue. What’s funny, the wife ordered a new MacBook, IPads and other stuff for her work. They were delivered by UPS and the box had a sticker that said Litihum battery inside. I give up and maybe they will show up at Cabela’s here locally again.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Hudge
Well, I give up and maybe they will show up at Cabela’s here locally again.

If you are waiting for Cabela's/Carp Pro Shop you will likely be disappointed !!!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got mine from Bass pro, it took couple of weeks of trying to put one in the cart but I finally got one few weeks ago, got it shipped in two days and tried it out on Thanksgiving Day, my my my, that little thing is awesome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My review…Read through the top paragraphs then I gave a review on the Xero C1.

It’s awesome!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-7-prc-factory-vs-handloads#Post18961631

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I want one.....

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1_deuce, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,559
Posts18,473,130
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.