I did a brief test of the new Garmin the other day. Everything about this unit is just EASY. Easy to transport, easy to aim (just point downrange), easy to align (specs say 5"-15" behind muzzle but I placed it 24" behind muzzle and 12" in front of me), easy to operate the simple button sequences, and easy to get your session summary.

I shot two different rifles, 6mmBR & 6.5x284. The Garmin grabbed every shot and the velocity was displayed quickly. Velocity readout is in LARGE font and other info was in small font. Everything was easy to read with the little unit so close to you.

I didn't bother to download the app because I won't be needing it for what I do.

FWIW - Amazon has an Evergreen rigid case with pick foam that fits the Garmin & tripod great and only cost $29. It looks like the Apache cases but it is much smaller and made in the good ol' USA.

Even though my LabRadar and accessories worked great, I sold it for 1/2 of what I paid. You can even get one for less on a few of the boards. I just saw one for $275. At that price, the LabRadar just might be the best spent money yet.

Last edited by Charlie-NY; 11/19/23.