Home
Posted By: wabigoon Soybeans? - 05/28/17
Does anyone know how to "fix", soybeans into a dish that is good?
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Soybeans? - 05/28/17
Not sure they're fit for human consumption.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Soybeans? - 05/28/17
Do not eat them raw!! Do a quick search to understand why. Short version, they will F..k you up.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Soybeans? - 05/28/17
My son has a very successful business turning soybeans into Tempeh. I believe that he is currently the largest independent manufacturer/distributer on the east Coast.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Soybeans? - 05/30/17
Richard - I remember one year when the "must have" take-away from the Spencer Fair was a "pistol" that used them for ammunition.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Soybeans? - 05/30/17
Trash can?

I like soy sauce and miso, never been much of fan of the beans by themselves.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Soybeans? - 05/30/17
Wabi,

look up edamame recipes, that might get you started.

Geno
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Soybeans? - 05/30/17
Extremely high in estrogen... eat them and prepare to meet your sensitive side!

Seriously... women with breast cancer are told to avoid them... and probably should in general.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Soybeans? - 05/30/17
when converted to Tempeh, the estrogen goes away in the process. High in protein, easily digestible, tasty.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Soybeans? - 05/30/17
I soaked some beans in salt water, and roasted them on a cookie sheet near forty years ago, a wee tad bit hard. Perhaps if they were soaked a lot longer?
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
when converted to Tempeh, the estrogen goes away in the process. High in protein, easily digestible, tasty.

Sam,

is your son's Tempeh distributed across the country or just on the east coast?

Geno
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Soybeans? - 05/30/17

Had never heard of tempeh until now so I used my google-foo... seems much research still says women should avoid soy and include tempeh in the mix. I have a Chinese friend with a PhD in food science and an MD... he will get me the real skinny on it.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Soybeans? - 05/30/17
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Had never heard of tempeh until now so I used my google-foo... seems much research still says women should avoid soy and include tempeh in the mix. I have a Chinese friend with a PhD in food science and an MD... he will get me the real skinny on it.

laughing. You do that. smile

Originally Posted by Valsdad

Sam,

is your son's Tempeh distributed across the country or just on the east coast?

Geno

we do our own distribution in Florida. We ship anywhere.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Soybeans? - 05/30/17
It's a wonder womanhood has survived until now?

Ever checked the ingredients on packaged food? Lol
Thanks Sam,

Once I get settled in at the retirement place I'll look into it and contact you for more info.

Geno
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Soybeans? - 05/31/17

Alex says Bullshit on tempeh doing anything to the isoflavones... They are not reduced in any way by the processing.

Lots of specific info says women with estrogen receptor breast cancers should stay away.

Found a bunch of sites that agree with Alex and none I found say the estrogen mimics are destroyed during any processing.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Soybeans? - 05/31/17
1. Have you ever looked at the labels on pre-packaged food?? There's soybean, soybean oil, soybean lecithin, etc in phuggin EVERYTHING, and it has been for a VERY LONG TIME.

2. I'm not saying people with a soy allergy should eat soy. But not EVERYBODY, like all these self-proclaimed health experts trying to sell you THEIR latest snake oil want to make you believe, has soy allergies.

Geez O' Phuggin Pete.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
1. Have you ever looked at the labels on pre-packaged food?? There's soybean, soybean oil, soybean lecithin, etc in phuggin EVERYTHING, and it has been for a VERY LONG TIME.

2. I'm not saying people with a soy allergy should eat soy. But not EVERYBODY, like all these self-proclaimed health experts trying to sell you THEIR latest snake oil want to make you believe, has soy allergies.

Geez O' Phuggin Pete.

Uhhh... read up on the science behind isoflavones... it is there and real. It is not like the "Low Fat Diet" garbage that made it possible for dairies to sell milk after they stole all the goody out of it.

Funny, but estrogen receptor breast cancers have been increasing rapidly. Some say the numbers say we are doing a better job finding it, but that would have died out by now while the numbers continue to rise... you say it is in everything processed? Interesting, I wonder if processed food consumption is increasing... funny, that might be data worth looking into.

Oh, they have been...

Funny, those researchers suggest women should stay away from estrogenic foods...

Discussing it is far from being a food Nazi. I ate a bunch of edamame while eating sushi and sashimi just last week...
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Soybeans? - 05/31/17

Alex says Bullshit on tempeh doing anything to the isoflavones... They are not reduced in any way by the processing.

Lots of specific info says women with estrogen receptor breast cancers should stay away.

Found a bunch of sites that agree with Alex and none I found say the estrogen mimics are destroyed during any processing.

Alex is an idiot, but carry on

Alex is an idiot, but carry on

Yup, complete idiot... more patents on medical devices in heavy use than you have had wives. An immigrant that managed to get a PhD and a MD... and he is at least 30 years younger than you...
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Soybeans? - 06/01/17
Funny how casual statements about one's personal experiences with food, or anything else for that matter, can set you up for personal attacks.

Kinda reminds me of... liberals. Laughing grin
Posted By: eh76 Re: Soybeans? - 06/01/17
LD the dumbass vs the rest of the world on ground meat jerky as well....I still want to see his degrees in medicine and as a dietician. He is however a proven thief. Hey spitka you ever give that stock back?
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Soybeans? - 06/01/17
Funny how casual statements about one's personal experiences with food, or anything else for that matter, can set you up for personal attacks.

Yup, Sam calling Alex, a man he has never met, an idiot is real classy!

And while on the subject, his lie about the isoflavones being destroyed in processing was doing a disservice to anyone believing him.

Must suck to not understand plain English...
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Soybeans? - 06/01/17

And while on the subject, his lie about the isoflavones being destroyed in processing was doing a disservice to anyone believing him.

I am happy you have an imaginary friend Art. Carry on.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Soybeans? - 06/01/17
So why, am I thinking of the food fight scene in the Animal House movie?
Originally Posted by wabigoon

laughing. Yeah, that's an apt description.

Funny, you cannot address the facts as I have done at every post so you attack me. Very chickenshit.

I'll joust with you over gray matter capacity any time, little man. Doubt you could even conceptualize, let alone understand, complex projects I've done from concept to fruition.

Funny how people like you always find their way around to denigrating someone's mental capacity because they disagree with you.

Kinda like... liberals. grin

Funny, you cannot address the facts as I have done at every post so you attack me. Very chickenshit.

you crack me up. You have addressed no 'facts', you drag out your imaginary friend, and spout silly crap you picked up using Google. You have zero credibility, and less sense. I'm through with you though, Art. Enjoy your delusions of grandeur.

you crack me up. You have addressed no 'facts', you drag out your imaginary friend, and spout silly crap you picked up using Google. You have zero credibility, and less sense. I'm through with you though, Art. Enjoy your delusions of grandeur.

Let's get the facts straight. Whether Alex exists or not is not really the argument, despite your clinging to it as the only thread you have to hang on. But maybe we better tell Rick Bin he is imaginary, because if he is his boat must be, too... so Rick's bear hunt a few years ago could not have existed since we were on Alex's boat. More than several posters other from here know Alex, also. So let's get back to facts that count.

I stated soybeans should not be consumed by women with histories of estrogen receptor breast cancers and that there is a fair amount of evidence women should limit their soybean intake. Sources are available all over the place, including Alex, or not.

You lied about the processing destroying the estrogenic compound (isoflavones) and diverted your inability to address the facts to personal attacks on me.

So, please GFY and in the least pleasant way possible.

I'll joust with you over gray matter capacity any time, little man. Doubt you could even conceptualize, let alone understand, complex projects I've done from concept to fruition.

Funny how people like you always find their way around to denigrating someone's mental capacity because they disagree with you.

Please see the last post here to try to grasp the true argument. Sam was the one diverting the argument and calling names. Your inability to follow the actual argument shows a lack of cognitive acumen. Your claims seem unlikely based on same.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Soybeans? - 06/01/17
Whoa ! If eatin' soybeans causes folk to act like this then there should be sumpin on the damn label !

Count me out. crazy
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Soybeans? - 06/01/17
Denny, it's only talkin' about eatin' the beans!

Please see the last post here to try to grasp the true argument. Sam was the one diverting the argument and calling names. Your inability to follow the actual argument shows a lack of cognitive acumen. Your claims seem unlikely based on same.

Just like a stupid ass liberal. Nobody was talking about Alex, boats, or bear hunts. It was about soybeans until you decided to take a shot at Sam, a*hole.
Hear you used to be a moderator. Wonder how many good guys left the forum because of your dumb ass attacks.

Now FOAD. You're on ignore.

Just like a stupid ass liberal. Nobody was talking about Alex, boats, or bear hunts. It was about soybeans until you decided to take a shot at Sam, a*hole.
Hear you used to be a moderator. Wonder how many good guys left the forum because of your dumb ass attacks.

Now FOAD. You're on ignore.

Like I said, you cannot follow a very simple argument... No shots were taken by me until after Sam called Alex an idiot.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Soybeans? - 06/02/17
Definitely a lot of estrogen flowing in this thread!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Soybeans? - 06/02/17
I don't know why this is too much like the freak show, as someone told mohick, we're nice folks down here.
Posted By: byc Re: Soybeans? - 06/02/17
Yeah and some of ya' are natural born trouble makers that just keep on keeping on.......

Note how I stay out of this junk? Keeps the BP level.

Just sayin.......

Okay on soybeans I know nada!!! wink
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Soybeans? - 06/02/17
Slappin' leather just comes natural for some folks but I like ta turn my frown upside down most of the time . laugh ha ha ha wink

[Linked Image]
windows 7 print screen
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Soybeans? - 06/02/17
Bugs Bunny, "Them sound like fightin' words to me".
Posted By: byc Re: Soybeans? - 06/02/17
HA!

Thinking great therapy for all is to post at least ONE great recipe up top.

And a shot of good brown likker!! In your case white lite will do. smile In fact, send me some and I'll share in the therapy!!
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Soybeans? - 06/02/17
Soaking a few handfuls of Jack D chips in a gallon of hearts for 10-12 months yields an amazingly smooth and tasty drop.

Starting to play with Red Wheat a little.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Soybeans? - 06/02/17
Originally Posted by byc
HA!

Thinking great therapy for all is to post at least ONE great recipe up top.

And a shot of good brown likker!! In your case white lite will do. smile In fact, send me some and I'll share in the therapy!!

Tempeh Tacos Vera Cruz

Ingredients:

8 oz. Tempeh, thawed
1/2-1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
1 medium onion, julienne
Taco seasoning: 1 tsp each red pepper, cumin, black pepper, salt, garlic powder,
1/2 tsp each thyme, and oregano
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup black beans
chopped tomato
chopped lettuce or other greens
Taco Shells
Garinsh: salsa, sour cream, grated cheese

Directions:

Put olive oil in large skillet. Bring up to a medium/high heat. Crumble Tempeh into pan and cook for approx. 5 minutes. Add red pepper and onion, saute for about 5-7 minutes more. Then, add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water. Bring to easy boil, add 1/2 cup canned or pre-cooked beans, then reduce heat and cook just until all is heated through and most of the water has evaporated. Serve in Taco shells w/chopped lettuce, tomato, avocado slices (if desired) and garnish with condiment of choice.

Serves: 4
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Soybeans? - 06/02/17
Originally Posted by eh76
LD the dumbass vs the rest of the world on ground meat jerky as well....I still want to see his degrees in medicine and as a dietician. He is however a proven thief. Hey spitka you ever give that stock back?

DUDE, you've come back !

smile
© 24hourcampfire