Home
Posted By: wabigoon Pizza From Scratch - 01/17/18
Here was me takin' pictures of the pizza. No card in the camera. blush blush
This[Linked Image] is what's left of it.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/18/18
Looks great. byc is the master.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/18/18
We love making our own !

[Linked Image]

Came across this crust recipe awhile back. It is extremely simple & the results are fantastic.

Thick, or thin, your choice.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pizza-ree-a/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/my-favorite-pizza/
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/18/18
When the kids were young we had friday night pizza (homemade). The kids could build their own, within reason, and it was a great way to start the weekend.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/18/18
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pointer Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/18/18
Very nicely done! I'm going to have to try that crust recipe. I'm not a fan of the one my wife uses.
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
[Linked Image]

Not fair Dan, I simply can't compete with that. I'm just using a pizza stone in an oven.

Those puffy babies came from a smoking hot ceramic oven (BGE).

I'll eat them though !

smile
Posted By: rem141r Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/22/18
i love homemade pizza and do it a lot in the summer at camp for around the fire. i use the same dough recipe but use bread flour. and i use one of these:

https://www.kettlepizza.com/

turns a weber kettle into a pizza oven. 700 degrees and the pizza cooks in like 3 min and is unbelievable.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/22/18
Here are a few

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/22/18
My! That looks good!
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/22/18
The dough recipe I use is a high moisture content dough and I pull the dough out thin so you get a light crisp crust. I let the pizza stone heat up at least 1/2 hour at 550 before cooking. First pizza is done in 8 min, second takes 9 minutes.
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/22/18
We do one about every month. The dough is made from 50% wheat flour and 50% Bread flour. We prefer cracker crust so I don't let it rise. Usually, Tomato paste, pork sausage, canadian bacon, fresh mushrooms, black olives and red pepper and cheese of course. In my opinion the coup de gras is the addition of Kalamata olives

6 min in a 500* Kamado with a preheated ceramic plate. The preheated plate is my secret for crisp crust. It boils the moisture out of the dough quickly and doesn't allow it to get soggy. I also give a quick wipe with a wet towel to cool the surface so it doesn't burn the crust.

[Linked Image]IMG_2853[1] by weimsnks, on Flickr
Posted By: pointer Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/29/18
We used the Ree Drummond recipe linked above last night for a couple of pizzas done on the BGE. All were big fans! Thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: GordonDawson Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/30/18
looks very appetizing, I wanted to eat))
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/30/18
This thread motivated me to bang out a couple of pies last night.

This was an experimental one I call a taco pizza

[Linked Image]

Salsa, high moisture mozzarella, home made chorizo, grilled onions and peppers and a bit of cheddar on top.

[Linked Image]

Hawaiian with a healthy sprinkling of Italian herbs.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Pizza From Scratch - 01/30/18
ever tried those big pizza's Walmart has? spinkle it down with fresh parmesan ,they ain't to bad for 5.99. any bigger it wouldn't fit in my oven.
© 24hourcampfire