Home
Had a 700 that in its former life wore a Shilen chambered in 300 RUM. Shot under a half inch it’s whole career but I just couldn’t stand the recoil. It just beat my brains out every shot, even with a brake.

I went with a Bartlien barrel this time in 300 Win and performance has been downright ugly. I be more than my share of custom rifles and am a good shot. Proper break in, load work up, etc and it struggles to break 2” @ 100. Of course the usual suspects have been eliminated: scopes changed three times, mounts good and tight, etc.

It’s just not a shooter. The past few months I’ve heard some internet chatter about troubles with Bartlien but didn’t pay it any attention. I called Bugholes/Southern Precision who I bought it from and was told 1) it’s probably your fault 2) Bartlien doesn’t make a bad barrel 3) take it up with Bartlien 3) you’ve got an expensive tomato stake, buy a Brux. I called BS on their canned comments and called my gunsmith. Was told, obviously, that every company makes a bad barrel but be prepared for Bartlien to call BS as well….waste of time to even call.

2” groups are not horrible but you certainly expect better.
"Proper break in" and "Load work up" simply SCREAM "Fhuqktard!" Hint.

What stock/s? Mounting system/s? Scope/s? Ammo particulars?. Hint.

Shorten front base receiver screw,so it isn't touching shank,then CerroSafe chamber for the inherent hilarity. Hint...................
My first .35 Whelen wore a #3 Shilen. When it was cut at 20" the bore was WAY off center. Very easily visible with the naked eye. I called Shilen and sent them some photos. They said that when wanting a barrel that short it is best to custom order a shorter blank as bits do wander during the boring process. Even so, they were quick to offer to replace the barrel and moved my replacement order (with the shorter desired length) to the front of their queue and I had a new tube in short order. No complaints at all.

I had McGowen rebarrel a M70 for me in .257 Roberts AI. It was twisted faster but still the only bullet it would shoot consistently was a 100 grain sierra BTSP. Everything else was erratic with some MOA groups and some 2-3" with unpredictable fliers. The velocities it would produce were also much higher then expected with below max loads.

After hundreds of rounds, multiple bullets, multiple powders, etc. I called McGowen and they said to send it back. There must have been something going on because when they emailed me back they said it wasn't standard policy to replace a barrel that had been shot this much but they were going to replace this one. I had them chamber the next in .25-06 and it shoots much better. Even the stuff it doesn't like is much more consistent. My local smith suspected the bore was slightly oversized. He reasoned it allowed bullets to slip out too easy with the exception of the soft jacketed Sierras which would expand to fill the bore. Heck if I know.

I had a Brux 6.5 Barrel chambered in 6.5-280AI that my rifle builder said was in the top five of most finicky barrels he had ever worked with and he builds long range rifles full-time. The only bullet it liked was a 140 Speer Hot-Core. Not really wanting to shoot grandpa's bullets in a sports car I called Brux and they were also quick to replace the barrel. The replacement barrel shot well for me and for the friend I sold the rifle to.

Have had, and still have, a number of other custom barrels with no issues and would not hesitate to use either of the companies listed above again.
Had a .308 Douglas Air Gauge Med/LG Sporter 22" on a 1965 Rem 700 Action that I could never get to shoot.
If you haven’t tried 5 or 6 different bullets in it it’s hard to say that it’s a gomer barrel. I built a young fellow a 6.5x47 Lapua when that cartridge first came to the US. He tried Sierra, Berger, Clinch River, Hornady and Nosler. None of them would shoot better than 1 inch and most were in the 1.5 inch neighborhood at 100 yards. Couldn’t find anything that worked, until he tried the Lapua Scenar. It shot several groups around an inch at 500 yards with the 123 grain Scenar. Rifles hate some bullets and love other ones.
You gals' Drooling Fhuqktardation,is fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Bless your hearts. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
Two. Both by Hill Country Rifles.

Shoulda learned my lesson after the first one.
yes
I have had several custom rifles built and generally lean toward Douglas Premium or McGowen. I've never had an issue with any of them. If you can't get it replaced that should tell you volumes about the company.
Yup.. Once.. Pac-Nor barrel I installed for a customer... It shot patterns.. WTH? Called P-N - they said yank the barrel and send it back for inspection.. They found an problem.. Replaced the barrel and paid me to install it...

It shot lights out after that... P-N is OK as far as I'm concerned..
Originally Posted by BangPop
If you haven’t tried 5 or 6 different bullets in it it’s hard to say that it’s a gomer barrel. I built a young fellow a 6.5x47 Lapua when that cartridge first came to the US. He tried Sierra, Berger, Clinch River, Hornady and Nosler. None of them would shoot better than 1 inch and most were in the 1.5 inch neighborhood at 100 yards. Couldn’t find anything that worked, until he tried the Lapua Scenar. It shot several groups around an inch at 500 yards with the 123 grain Scenar. Rifles hate some bullets and love other ones.
165 and 180 Ballistic Tips, plus 180 Acubonds. 168 TTSX. 165 Game King. 180 grain North Fork. RL-19, 22, 23, H-1000 and one other powder that escapes me right now. It showed a preference for 165 grain bullets. Used 215M primers. Played with seating depth. Prefers a jump. Going from memory while having supper with wifey.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by BangPop
165 and 180 Ballistic Tips, plus 180 Acubonds. 168 TTSX. 165 Game King. 180 grain North Fork. RL-19, 22, 23, H-1000 and one other powder that escapes me right now. It showed a preference for 165 grain bullets. Used 215M primers. Played with seating depth. Prefers a jump. Going from memory while having supper with wifey.

Not sure if you are a member over on Snipers Hide or not but Frank Green from Bartlein posts over there pretty regular. I've PM'd him a couple times and he seems to be a pretty decent fellow. Maybe PM him with your thoughts on the barrel and the issues you are having - he may have a solution for you?? Worth a shot??
I make darn sure it was assembled correctly. I've seen customs that had the mag box bound up when they left the smith's shop
Originally Posted by Redneck
Yup... Pac-Nor barrel It shot patterns....

Me Too !!!
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by Redneck
Yup... Pac-Nor barrel It shot patterns....

Me Too !!!

I had an issue with Pac-nor but it had nothing to do with accuracy. I ordered and paid for a stainless barrel, the rifle came marked as stainless. My smith threaded, chambered, installed it and then bedded the action and barrel to my stock. The donor action had been coated and we didn't know if it was stainless or not. He did a test on the donor with some cold blue and got a little on the underside of the barrel. Turns out the barrel was NOT stainless.

Pac-nor was good about making it right and I will use them again in the future also.
I've seen most brands of barrel I can recall ragged on at one time or another.
Originally Posted by mathman
I've seen most brands of barrel I can recall ragged on at one time or another.

And firearm brands...and optics manufacturers
Stick, take a look at these video's, not just the first one. More and more of these rough barrels are showing up. Teslong Video's speak volumes.

Clean barrel

3 Shots

15 shots

This is not my barrel.

Guy says barrel company said that the barrel looked perfect. Asked him how did it shoot, he said impossible to work up a load with the amount of copper that is building up.

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/my-1st-new-barrel.4085644/

Service after the sale is a big deal to me. It has been rare for me to get a "bad" barrel. I have had one bad Shilen and one bad Krieger and both companies gave me new barrels with no fuss or complaints.
Accuracy/Precision can't be "seen" in a barrel. I've a Borescope somewhere and haven't ever taken it out of the box. Hint.

What can be readily discerned,is mechanical aptitude/correct assembly and CerroSafe will give ammo. Hint.

It's such a Goat Fhuqk,the OP KNOWS better than to state any of the fhuqking particulars. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
I had a bad Douglas chambered in 225 on a Hi-Wall that simply would not shoot. Douglas sent my smith a new tube and I'm still shooting it. Great customer service on that one for sure.
if you cant see precision/accuracy then why do the makers have bore scopes....maybe you dont know what your looking at or for ?
Which bullet are you trying to use? Are the chamber and throat straight/concentric?
Originally Posted by gene270
if you cant see precision/accuracy then why do the makers have bore scopes....maybe you dont know what your looking at or for ?

You CLUELESS Fhuqktards are talking out your asses. Hint.

If Accuracy/Precision could be "seen" in a barrel,Makers would simply charge in accordance. Keep floundering,with your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude...not that you have another "move" to "make". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
you keep cutting trees and they will keep making barrels....and using bore scopes
Yep, Krieger.
I have had rifles that just would not shoot.

1. A 6.5mm from PacNor. I could not get it to shoot, rebedded, different loads, swapped scopes, etc. Took it back to the gunsmith and not 1 minute after pulling his borescope out he clearly identified 'inclusions' in the steel which had caused the last 2in of the barrel to look like it had been sandblasted on the inside. PacNor offered a replacement within 24hrs of being notified.

2. A 6mm from International Barrels Inc. in Canada. Tried every single bullet, load and depth combination I could work out. Different scopes, stocks, bedding. Finally decided to just pull it and use it as reinforcing rod in the next concrete wall and let IBI know by way of a courtesy (barrel 2yr old but only 300 rounds at this stage - not in warranty). Ryan Steacy got right back to me and asked I send it back. So I cleaned it and stuck my borescope in for a looksee, 2in from the muzzle the rifling was scored on one of the lands. Should have borescoped it earlier, would have saved big dollars in bullets, primers and powder.

3. A 338 barrel from a local group on my 338 Norma. Could not get repeatable accuracy. Brake on, brake off, load and seating depth, different scope, etc. Was about to give up when a friend of mine made the observation that the scope was awfully far forward. Realised at that point that the scope was moving in the Talley rings - it was a Leupold VX5 so the long eye box worked well. Rosined the scope into the rings and it is a sub 1/2 MOA rifle with 3 shots. Not bad for a 8lb 9oz 338 Norma.
I haven't had as many barrels as some here but I've had a handful. The best so far was a lothar walther that was on a 22PPC and a Douglas that's on my .308.

I had a Hart that was just so so, and a Pac Nor that was absolutely terrible.
I had two, Both nearly 20 years ago.

One was a Douglas in 300WSM, I just couldnt get it to shoot, I tried different bullets. powder etc, The one day, like magic ( Around 150 shots i think) it went from shooting 2" groups to 5 shot groups in the .5-.75 range with ease with nearly every load I tried. I was so close to having a new tube put on and then it turned into a great rifle. I suspect it was the barrel, but In the end I played with other things too, scope, bedding, mounts so I can't say 100% it was the tube.

The other was a Douglas tube on a 250AI, played with loads etc at the range all winter couldn't get it to perform, The smith did lots of Douglas barrels and had Douglas send him a new tube and offered to re-barrel for free, I payed for the labor anyway, but the new tube is beautiful.

I realize that these were two Douglases, but I went through a phase where I probably about 20 or so Douglases and with the exception of these two they were good barrels. I switched to buying some more popular cut rifle barrels around 2008 and they have all shot well, but I haven't bought nearly as many as I used to buy of the Douglases 20 or years back and these days I shoot a lot less than I used to.
Originally Posted by noKnees
I had two, Both nearly 20 years ago.

One was a Douglas in 300WSM, I just couldnt get it to shoot, I tried different bullets. powder etc, The one day, like magic ( Around 150 shots i think) it went from shooting 2" groups to 5 shot groups in the .5-.75 range with ease with nearly every load I tried. I was so close to having a new tube put on and then it turned into a great rifle. I suspect it was the barrel, but In the end I played with other things too, scope, bedding, mounts so I can't say 100% it was the tube.

The other was a Douglas tube on a 250AI, played with loads etc at the range all winter couldn't get it to perform, The smith did lots of Douglas barrels and had Douglas send him a new tube and offered to re-barrel for free, I payed for the labor anyway, but the new tube is beautiful.

I realize that these were two Douglases, but I went through a phase where I probably about 20 or so Douglases and with the exception of these two they were good barrels. I switched to buying some more popular cut rifle barrels around 2008 and they have all shot well, but I haven't bought nearly as many as I used to buy of the Douglases 20 or years back and these days I shoot a lot less than I used to.

I’ve kept every target it shot and my shot count is just over 200.
I'd like to know why barrels with inclusions in the steel, defects in the rifling, bad reamer marks and the like even leave the manufacturers door.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You gals' Drooling Fhuqktardation,is fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Bless your hearts. Hint.

Outstanding self description there Stick.
I've "only" had wellllllll over 100 Custom spouts and await my first "bad" one. Two more ship tomorrow. Hint.

Multiple 100's of Factory spouts too. Hint.

Have LONG sought to purchase rifles that "don't shoot",having bought a heap and patiently await the first "bad barrel" there too. Hint.

Have fixed heaps of rifles that "don't shoot" for others and await the first "bad barrel" there too. Hint.

Correct assembly,coupled with savvy,is a seemingly VERY "unfair" advantage. Reupolds are a glaring issue. Hint.

Haven't had that many custom "spouts" but I have had many rifles that were good shooters, had a 222 with a very pitted barrel that still shot great for 3 shots.
You have Imagination and Pretend,to the degree that you are forced to steal your Avatar...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
You have Imagination and Pretend,to the degree that you are forced to steal your Avatar...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Steal? Seems your delusions and addiction to spruce sawdust are getting serious. That picture is a statement that I agree with. I am not hiding in bumfuq Alaska.
That image is your Chicken Little "life",frosted by the simplistic Fact you stole the fhuqking picture. Hint.

That image is your Chicken Little "life",frosted by the simplistic Fact you stole the fhuqking picture. Hint.

Still I don't get the stole part. Back away from the pipe.
You took the picture? Then used your hand writing,to express the HILARITY of your sky is falling fears? Hint.

You can't even afford a fhuqking camera,let alone know how to use one. Hint.

Lending a helping hand to those who need it...

Bryan Peterson Photography Books
I had a rifle built with a Douglas barrel that was top of their line. It was a 30-06 and it never shot worth a flip.

Later I sent it to JES who rebored it to a 35 Whelen. It was a great shooter after his work. Obviously the problem
was with the factory Douglas barrel.
You took the picture? Then used your hand writing,to express the HILARITY of your sky is falling fears? Hint.

You can't even afford a fhuqking camera,let alone know how to use one. Hint.

Put the pipe down, it is not a photo.
Rickety,

You be sure to "justify" your stolen picture,in the manner which soothes you most...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Not that a Texan could offer a picture she took herself. Hint.

I have bought several thousand barrel blanks over the years, probably over 10,000 and I've certainly got a few bad ones.
One time, I pulled a blank from a 500 piece batch and it had no rifling in it.

Tony
Just buy Lothar Walther....
Big Stick is right. A bore scope won't tell you if you got a great barrel or a tomato stake in most cases. I have a barrel right now by a well known cut rifled barrel maker that doesn't look fantastic and does foul a bit, but shoots lights out with about anything you throw at it. I've had other custom barrels that have an absolutely perfect looking finish and don't foul hardly at all that don't shoot near as good. I also have factory barrels that look terrible, yet shoot very well. A bore scope is mostly useful for telling you if you got the barrel clean or not. That said Inrarely clean barrels anymore as I DBC everything and have found that even in my prarie dog guns they will go a very long time with no drop off in accuracy.
On new Barrels, the bore scope will tell you:

A. if there is an inclusion from the foundry, not the barrel makers fault, but should have been caught before it left the factory. I have only seen one.
B. On cut rifle barrels, the bore scope will tell you how rough the cut has been in the groove, and there is a lot of difference between barrel makers. I suspect that a barrel maker may have a dozen machines and one or two are putting out less than desirable barrels, and this issue is complicated.

C. If the barrel slips in the jig during the rifle cutting process, there will be rifling that will look like a Marlin Micro groove barrel, I have only seen one time.

D. No one ever mentions lube in the barrel while the barrel is being rifled on button rifle barrels. Too much lube, the button can skip, too little and the button will dig in. A friend designed and got a patent on a button that actually stopped this and invented a computer with a long stylus that measured twist rate every 0.200 of an inch, plotted the twist rate on a graph. When the rifling speeds up and slows down, the harmonics of the barrel will change. On cut rifle barrels, you may see where a cutter is dull or if it digs in deeper in some spots.

E. on a custom barrel and factory barrel, if the throat/chamber has been cut crooked, meaning that the barrel was not indicated in well, you will see the taper or leade angle on the cut deeper on one side vs the other side. This will guarantee you that the bullet will get started crooked in the lands. Barrels are very difficult to tune a load for if chambered crooked.

F. if the leade angle and throat is rough or beat up from an improperly fitted pilot bushing, this will be very obvious. If the bullet is roughed up from bad machining, then copper fouling May follow. The gunsmith should examine the chamber prior to removing the barrel from the lathe, MANY of them do not. you may learn that your gunsmith does not fit the proper bushing for that barrel Inisde dimension. If this is the case, a loose bushing will enable the reamer to rattle around while cutting the chamber, and an over size bushing will Gouge some metal out so the bushing or pilot will fit. All bets are off on a reamer with a solid pilot, you just take your chances.

G. Chamber inspection with the bore scope is a given.

I prefer Brux, Krieger, Rock Creek, Muller on cut barrels, and with button barrels, Hart, shilen, Benchmark, and Lilja. I apologize if I left out your favorite. I am not a gunsmith, and I only buy barrel blanks for myself. I consider service after the sale a major part of my purchase on a barrel blank, and all of the above have given excellent service if/when a problem was found(rare to say the least). Some barrel makers have real schitty customer service after the sale, and this is an understatement.

The vast majority of guys never get a custom barrel, and they shoot factory rifles. I have seen some terrible looking barrels shoot very well. The rougher the internal finish, the more frequent the cleaning, simple. I had an extremely nice Savage 116 given to me in 7 Mag. This barrel would shoot 1/4" groups, but at 9 rounds down the bore the groups opened to 3/4", than at 20 rounds, the groups opened to 1.5". I had Sharpshooter pillar bed it, and put on a muzzle break. I shot golf balls off of golf T's at 300 yards with this Savage with 140g Nosler ballistic tips using a Leupold 36x. I kept the fouling to a minimum in this Savage barrel. This gun now belongs to a guy that uses it as his dedicated Turtle rifle, he lives on a river.

The bore scope is best used in seeing how well your cleaning method works or does not work. I like shooting tiny groups and some hot rod cartridges, so keeping the carbon out of the barrel can be important. It seems that the Carbon is the barrel killer, and there are some ways to Smooth some of the very worst fire cracking to keep a barrel shooting it's best, but better to have a barrel blank on order when you are trying to smooth up the fire cracking..

Teslong bore scopes offer a 25% discount to vets, LEO, and first responders. Mine plugs into a lap top or other device. If memory serves me well, I think that I have $89 in my Teslong.
I’ve never had a bad Hart rifle barrel. They all shoot very consistently, and are easy to clean. I’ve tried a lot of the others. Hart is still #1 across the board IMO. Doubt you will find many others that haven’t had a similar experience.
Originally Posted by mathman
I'd like to know why barrels with inclusions in the steel, defects in the rifling, bad reamer marks and the like even leave the manufacturers door.

Inclusions in the steel cannot normally be seen in a new barrel. The pressures and stress of firing chips away the appearance and the inclusions become obvious.

Defective rifling should never leave a factory, but I suppose sometimes it is missed in the pre-shipping inspection.
Perhaps the OP will elaborate on the findings. Pardon my Psychic Abilities. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Depends what is meant by "custom barrel". Assuming this means aftermarket, yes, I have seen some and have had some which did not shoot as well as I would have liked. They did not, however, shoot really badly. A barrel on a benchrest rifle which averages 3/8 is worthless for the intended task but would be dandy on a prone rifle and splendid on a hunting rifle. The only place a barrel can be proved, as a rule, is on the target. There are some exceptions. If a barrel is made with discernible tight spots, or loose spots, it probably won't shoot well. I have seen this as well.
Most of the well-regarded barrel manufacturers will stand behind their products, providing there is any real problem with the barrel itself. I have found both Douglas and Shilen to be exceptional in this regard.
By the way, over the last 45 years, I can't guess at how many barrels I have fitted and chambered, but it's a bunch. I have not seen it all but I have seen a lot. GD
The number of mutt barrels has increased significantly with the glut of pre-fit barrels. One popular carbon 'wrapped' tomato stake is running close to 50 percent return rates.

If you want a bubble packed barrel, make sure to do your homework.

Good shootin' -Al
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
The number of mutt barrels has increased significantly with the glut of pre -it barrels. One popular carbon 'wrapped' tomato stake is running close to 50 percent return rates.

If you want a bubble packed barrel, make sure to do your homework.

Good shootin' -Al

Never could figure the demand for insulated barrels.
I LOVE James' spouts,as they fhuqking HAMMER. Hint.................
'Stick, here's one that's interesting. A couple weeks back, a pre-fit barrel vendor contacted me and wanted to send a barrel in my choice of chambering gratis...provided I'd do a testimonial on it.

My counter offer was to pay for and evaluate it honestly, if a honest eval is what he's interested in.

Good shootin' -Al
I tend to speak my mind,when it comes to critiquing wares and prefer to cut checks up front. Might get around tossing a 264 Win spout on a Pre-'64 70 this afternoon,even though I hate the pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint...............(grin)
Might get around tossing a 264 Win spout on a Pre-'64 70 this afternoon,even though I hate the pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint...............(grin)

There's one here now for pillars, a touch of mill work on the bottom metal lash up and bedding. Plus, the trigger is fubar'd courtesy of some gap toothed Winchester 'expert'.

"It goes off when I take the safety off." shocked

But the owner is a good egg that hunts hard. Will see if we can't make ice cream from poo.
I'll be curious to see how close the timing is. Lotsa irons in the fire and I fhuqking hate Winchesters. Hint................(grin)
Might get around tossing a 264 Win spout on a Pre-'64 70 this afternoon,even though I hate the pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint...............(grin)

There's one here now for pillars, a touch of mill work on the bottom metal lash up and bedding. Plus, the trigger is fubar'd courtesy of some gap toothed Winchester 'expert'.

"It goes off when I take the safety off." shocked

But the owner is a good egg that hunts hard. Will see if we can't make ice cream from poo.

I'd love to know who the gap toothed in question is.
Some of the ugliest barrels I've owned were the biggest cloverleaf mills I've had. On the flip side, I've had pristine and beautiful cut-rifled barrels that were "meh". How they look inside doesn't matter. Borescopes are for diagnostics and to observe changes. I've shrank groups by knowing where and how to scrub. I've never been able to predict if a barrel is a hummer by looking at it. In fact, I've had only one real hummer back in 2004 (I think) that would shoot every load I put in it in the .2s or less. It was a 6.5-284 chambering and my buddy and I used the same reamer back to back with the same barrel specs ordered on the same order. His was a fine barrel, but mine would shoot circles around his.
Originally Posted by drop_point
I'd love to know who the gap toothed in question is.

I'm not sure...doesn't really matter at this point.There can always be more to things than meet the eye, too.

The main thing is that it gets corrected.
Perhaps the OP will elaborate on the findings. Pardon my Psychic Abilities. Hint.

I agree! Load development would probably be "favorite loads off the net" or something similar. He has a great opportunity to learn here.
There have been a LOT of Carbon Fiber barrels that were junk. You can not get around machining basic principals. When you take a 1.250" barrel blank, turn it down to skinny, the bore diameter MAY open up, how much and how uniformly they open up is key.

I opt for saving weight in the stock, and working with a #2 or #3 contour, short vs Carbon wrap.

2"-3" groups at 600 is not difficult from a hunting rifle, and stuff is not hard to kill with good bullet placement.

Stick is indeed a psychic. Stick, for all his strong personality traits, has been a good help to me on items dealing with photography. When he chimed in on this thread regarding my barrel issues I messaged him.

He was generous enough to give several suggestions and I took a look at them. As it turns out, my front floor plate screw was making contact with one of my my bolt lugs. Not a little…a lot. I made an assumption that this was looked at when my new barrel was screwed on (or before) but it wasn’t. I made damn sure to make the gunsmith aware of this.

I had recently ordered some Hammer bullets for this 300 mag and loaded a few rounds up. Nothing too scientific. Just backed off two grains from what the rifle’s “some of the time” preferred load was with 165 grain Ballistic Tips. I ground off the excess screw length. Smoothed it up and ensured enough was removed to eliminate contact with the bolt lug.

The thrown together load shot a four shot group just a hair over0.4” c to c.

She seems to have settled down now and I made sure to message Stick thanking him for his suggestions. Comments made by others contributing to my thread were sincerely appreciated as well.

Moral of the story: never be too proud to ask for help.

Pic below shows the offending floor plate screw polished by my bolt lug. Deer Lord…
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Nice! I guess if you worked that bolt enough the problem would have gone away. 😂

YUP, Stick has helped me in the past too. He knows rifles.
Stick is worth having his own TV show or at least his own Gun Gack publications.
'Stick helped me out recently with brass that I was in dire straits for. cool

I've said it on here before but once again....thanks, 'Stick! smile -Al
Originally Posted by keith
Stick is worth having his own TV show or at least his own Gun Gack publications.
Not on network TV…..too much to censor.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Nice! I guess if you worked that bolt enough the problem would have gone away. 😂

YUP, Stick has helped me in the past too. He knows rifles.

Agreed! Work that bolt a few more thousand times, a little valve grinding compound and I’d be good to go!
I've loonngggggg been in the business of procuring used rifles that "don't shoot" and I've yet to see it be the barrel. Hint................
Have your gunsmith slug the barrel then scope it …

he should be able to tell you if it has problems or not…

Slugging tells you the most on performance….
How/where do you Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards Dream this schit up?!? Hint.

I tend to speak my mind,when it comes to critiquing wares and prefer to cut checks up front. Might get around tossing a 264 Win spout on a Pre-'64 70 this afternoon,even though I hate the pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint...............(grin)

You just might talk me into a .264 Win Mag.

Got any pictures of game in the field? grin

Shall I prime the pump?

[Linked Image]
Squirms,

That isn't a Pre-64. Hint.

You are doing "Great!". Hint.

Originally Posted by LiL Fish
My Hero Jonny B,

That isn't a Pre-64. Hint.

You are doing "Great!". Hint.

No that's an old school McMillan G-30 back when Kelly was alive and Rock was making the actions.

But your .264 Win Mag pictures still are not loading.

More pump priming? Notice Gold Rings? laugh

[Linked Image]
Squirms,

I've multiple Gale handles,as well as Kelly and lastly Ryan. Dick Davis mediated much and I've multiple M40A1 returns thusly. Hint.

Rock botched receivers and was sued. Hint..............
Squirms,

I've multiple Gale handles,as well as Kelly and lastly Ryan. Dick Davis mediated much and I've multiple M40A1 returns thusly. Hint.

Rock botched receivers and was sued. Hint..............

LOL.

Those are just names to you.

I sat in Kelly's office and discussed stock design with him and Dick.

The Rock produced G30s are the best 700 cloneish actions. Button and blade ejectors. Proper Fluting.

But all that aside your .264 Win Mag field pictures are still failing to load.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
It's like watching two retarded monkeys slinging shyte at each other ...

It's sickening but you can't look away because it's fkn hilarious ...

Ahahahahahahaaaa !
Pardon reality. Hint.............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Here's a low mileage barrel that I'm repurposing right now. It's from a late '70's-early '80's LV BR rig....this barrel has been rattling around in my barrel rack for a long time. It was originally done by noted BR 'smith H.W. Creighton as a .222. Later on, it was redone to a 223-38 by none other than Ferris Pindell. It was done as a glue in floating action setup....no recoil lug and the barrel was glued into the stock and the action was free of any contact. You can still see the evidence of the epoxy on the barrel. Note the .010 headspace 'shim' that was common in that era. The nastiness on the threads is dried up anti seize.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here it is now, reborn and rechambered to a big case .224. Since no recoil lug was used initially, all that was needed was to work the math backwards. A .250 lug thickness on the Mack Bros. and taking into account the non-existant recoil lug thickness....all that had to happen for proper bolt nose clearance was to bring the shoulder forward .040. The light orbital sanding preserved all the history markings on the barrel. Initial f-forming went well. I added a center action screw to the Mack Bros. Gen1 single shot action and the tang will be floated. 'Moby Grape' got the nod as a stock.

Damn, I am going to go against my better judgment and make a comment here.

Dead critter pictures and mechanical expertise can be mutually exclusive. I am not sure if AL N poses in hero pictures, but if someone wants to say he doesn't know rifles because of that, they are dumber than a box of door knobs.

I ain't kissing Stick's ass here, but the man knows rifles and kills schit too.

John B, you sure have taken some nice critters. So what. You crazy too.
I have a 1:8 Krieger in 223AI @ 26" Rem Varmint contour that's been the most finicky aftermarket bbl I've had. In FF'd Lapua brass using 75gn A-Max it didn't like H335 or R-15 powder. Tried H380 and it's very accurate.

I don't have enough examples of any bbls factory or aftermarket to start drawing hard and fast conclusions on any of them. Couple from Brux, a Rock Creek button/production bbl, and several from Lilja. Lately I've ordered Lilja because they have so many factory duplicate contours available without any drama. Everything except the Krieger previously mentioned has shot well with pretty much anything I've tried whether it's been FF loads or "experimenting". Typically I have an idea of the projectile I want to use, just need to find preferred powder in the correct burn rate.

I've got a 700 SPS Tact. 308 factory bbl that looks like rumble-strips on the side of the highway but it shoots 155gn Scenars very well, it's an easy rifle to hand to anyone and expect them to shoot it well.

1st step on either a new rifle, new bedding/stock, or new scope mounts is to check bbl/channel clearance or mating depending on your bedding method. Make sure you're action-screw holes in the stock are clear so you're mating the lug/stock properly and not "headspacing" the whole works on the action screws and some hardened goo not meant to be there. Those are quick and easy, this next one gets skipped FAR to often. Remove every scope & stock mounting screw. Polish/lightly grind the bottom of every screw shiny. Pull out the sharpie, run every screw in, then back out and look for anywhere sharpie has been removed thus denoting contact where it ought not be. Depending on what you're working with, screws of improper length can contact the bbl tenon, bolt lugs, or the bottom of the action itself, feigning "tight" when what you've actually got is an inadvertent tuning fork from which no good will come.
As a rule,my Krieger disdain is to my very core. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
'Stick...glad that one turned it around for 'ya. wink

My Mack Bros. project is what Randy Robinett and I call the 22BIB-BR.

The shoulder is blown forward a bunch. shocked grin
If Kriegers were 50% off and Brux pricing doubled,my next barrel would start with a "B". Hint.(grin)

That despite my owning enough Kriegers,that it's "icky". Hint.

My 'smith says that every barrel is as individual as every person and you can only judge it after getting to know it.
If Kriegers were 50% off and Brux pricing doubled,my next barrel would start with a "B". Hint.(grin)

That despite my owning enough Kriegers,that it's "icky". Hint.

Did you get some shit Krieger tubes?
Nothing outright Dog Schit,just never the warm/fuzzy. Hint...............

How much did people pay for those after STA beat the crap out of them? Would've been cool to make a retirement rifle for a friend who stayed in and did 24.

1/8 in Kuwait either 12/91 or 1/92.

LOL.

You paid for a used stock the Marine Corp was throwing away and Kelly's autograph.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns

LOL.

You paid for a used stock the Marine Corp was throwing away and Kelly's autograph.

It's Marine CORPS you fuggin POG idiot.
Ladies,

Pardon the simplistic fact,that I procured ware(s) of documented repute,that actually exist...if only to your tear stained chagrin. Hint.

Fhuqking laughing!..............
Originally Posted by erickg

LOL.

LOL.

You can't even read LiL Fish's letter of which he is so proud. His stock came from the Marine Corp.

Originally Posted by erickg

LOL.

LOL.

You can't even read LiL Fish's letter of which he is so proud. His stock came from the Marine Corp.

So? Someone at McMillan was a fuggin dummy too, Mr. Military expert fugged up and can't admit it, nice attempt at deflecting tubby.
It's Corps.
Originally Posted by goalie
It's Corps.

Hilarious that the average 3rd grader knows that but our own resident military expert is fuggin clueless. Poor poor Squirms blew what little was left after the bankruptcy on Vicks formula 44d and Cheetos when he clearly should've invested in a dictionary.
It's Corps.

LiL Fish's used stock is something the Marine Corp was throwing away.

It's right there in the letter and he paid extra.

Jeff let you have the day off?
It's Corps.

LiL Fish's used stock is something the Marine Corp was throwing away.

It's right there in the letter and he paid extra.

Just because some idiot wrote that on the letter doesn't mean it's correct. Look at the EGA seal on the letter.

But, I just served in the Corps, what would I know????

How much did people pay for those after STA beat the crap out of them? Would've been cool to make a retirement rifle for a friend who stayed in and did 24.

1/8 in Kuwait either 12/91 or 1/92.

I guess I should have bought one when McMillan had them out at a gun show years ago here in Phoenix for $100 each. They were pretty rough with layers of old paint camo over the gel coat, torn up pads, etc.
Just because some idiot wrote that on the letter didn't mean it's correct. Look at the EGA seal on the letter.

Lil Fish's stock was a throw away from the Marine Corp.

If you served in the Marine Corps then good for you.

The letter posted has been a source of ridicule for years for those that purchased the take off M40 stocks at a premium.

Having LiL Fish post that letter as some kind of attachment to Kelly is hilarious as Kelly took more than a bit of schiet for the letter.

Just because some idiot wrote that on the letter didn't mean it's correct. Look at the EGA seal on the letter.

Lil Fish's stock was a throw away from the Marine Corp.

If you served in the Marine Corps then good for you.

The letter posted has been a source of ridicule for years for those that purchased the take off M40 stocks at a premium.

Having LiL Fish post that letter as some kind of attachment to Kelly is hilarious as Kelly took more than a bit of schiet for the letter.

How much were people paying for them?!?!?

They were not babied at all and had to be pretty rough by the time they sold 'em. The only reason I'd have been interested is to make a reproduction rifle for a friend when he retired, but that time is long gone.
I only have a couple,that are signed with matching numbers. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING1.................

Why? You weren't in the Corps. What's the big deal about a beat to hell rifle stock from a branch of service you were never in?
Hoalie,

I'm VERY "surprised" at your dismal service "record"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my scoring exceptional wares,well beyond your "means","abilities" or "comprehension". Hint.

Hoalie,

I'm VERY "surprised" at your dismal service "record"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my scoring exceptional wares,well beyond your "means","abilities" or "comprehension". Hint.

I get that you can't just answer a question without being, well, you, but I am actually interested in why you, someone who didn't serve in the Corps, felt the need to buy a bunch of beat up, used stocks?

Seems like something someone with a connection to the Corps, and specifically STA, or a wannabe, would do.
Hoalie,

Keep filling out those Hurt Feeler Reports,as you Whine aloud how your "life" isn't "fair"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

"Signed with matching numbers"?

Matching what?

Sweetie,

If only to your chagrin,M40A1's wore Winchester model 70 bottom metal,which was never not serialized,with the receiver and it's stock. Hint.

You musta' been pumping gas. Hint.

Sweetie,

If only to your chagrin,M40A1's wore Winchester model 70 bottom metal,which was never not serialized,with the receiver and it's stock. Hint.

You musta' been pumping gas. Hint.

LOL.

So you paid even more to try and be a Marine. How did that work out.

Squirms,

This is a BIG day for you,because now you "know" a smidge about Return handles...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Squirms,

This is a BIG day for you,because now you "know" a smidge about Return handles...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Please show the class the "matching numbers".

It will be fun.

Be sure and add a Semper Fido cause you are a part of the Corp.

Corporation?
Squirms,

I simply have a "few" and until today,you never even knew they existed...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Did I mention "Smears"?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................
Squirms,

I simply have a "few" and until today,you never even knew they existed...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Did I mention "Smears"?!? Hint.

Show the class pictures of the "matching numbers" on stock and bottom metal plus real signatures.

It'll be fun.

Liar.

Squirms,

Pardon part numbers mattering,as you dive into shallow waters...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Pictures of your LARRPY match numbers don't seem to be loading. Liar.

Squirms,

Pardon Reality colliding with your Fantasies yet again...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Pictures of your LARRPY match numbers don't seem to be loading. Liar.

They were not babied at all and had to be pretty rough by the time they sold 'em. The only reason I'd have been interested is to make a reproduction rifle for a friend when he retired, but that time is long gone.

$200 if I remember correctly.
Originally Posted by devnull

$200 if I remember correctly.

👍
Sweetie,

How'd you get the receiver and bottom metal that matched the stock?

Or, if you didn't, what exactly are the serial numbers "matched" too?
Sweetie,

You and Squirm's are in welllllll over your pointy heads. Hint.

Dick Davis did The Community a solid. Hint.

Sweetie,

You and Squirm's are in welllllll over your pointy heads. Hint.

Dick Davis did The Community a solid. Hint.

How is asking a question "in over your head?"

I'm sincerely interested, as a buddy of mine when we were in 1/8 was STA before he went recon and stayed in until retirement. Did you actually get a matching rifle receiver and bottom metal or not?
Sweetie,

You are sucking the wrong ass,you amazingly inept CLUELESS fhuqk. Hint.

Sweetie,

You are sucking the wrong ass,you amazingly inept CLUELESS fhuqk. Hint.

So, I take that as "no" and you're larping. Got it.

You shouldn't feel bad, lots of people "almost" went in the Marines. They didn't have a height requirement, so you probably were just too fat to get past MEPS, eh?

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Sweetie,

Fortunately for you,Emoji's are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm happy to be whatever you NEED most. How many times a day do you think about me? Hint.

Now The Window Lickers can Google "Smear". Hint.

Much as I enjoy seeing Burnsy getting his butt handed to him, back to the subject at hand....

I had a Hart barrel I installed on a K98 and nothing I could do would make that sucker shoot well. The barrel I had taken off shot fine, but eventually gave up the ghost. I tried that Hart barrel on another action and it pretty much was trash so it went down the road to somebody who was fine with 1 1/2" groups ... I've had a couple that shot okay, but not great and I never could warm up to them, but can't recall who made them for the most part.
Sweetie,

Fortunately for you,Emoji's are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm happy to be whatever you NEED most. How many times a day do you think about me? Hint.

Whatever mental gymnastics you've gotta do to pretend you're not a larping wannabe is ok by me.

One of us shot an M40 while it was an issued weapon (thanks STA 1/8) and the other bought used stocks after the Corps tossed them.

Seems like someone's PRETENDING.........
Sweetie,

You keep extolling those Hurt Feeler Reports,as you wax eloquent on your amazingly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities,because your feelings REALLY "matter" to me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget",while in the throes of your Raging Estrogen Fueled Hissy Fit,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Pardon wares that simply exist,being welllllll beyond your "means". Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

"Signed with matching numbers"?

Matching what?

Squirms,

You are in over your pointy head. Take notes and apply same. Hint.

Hopefully,the A2 stings just as much as the Returns. FN's nomenclature helps stir that Estrogen filled pot,as it's denoted as "FN SPR A1"...though in an A2. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Squirms,

You are in over your pointy head. Take notes and apply same. Hint.

Hopefully,the A2 stings just as much as the Returns. FN's nomenclature helps stir that Estrogen filled pot,as it's denoted as "FN SPR A1"...though in an A2. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

A2? I've not used one in a few years but thats a nice picture of a rifle on a table. laugh

Here is one in the field so now you too have see one outdoors.

Now lets see the matching numbers you are lying about.

Thanks.
This is better than the drama on Yellowstone. 2 Morons aguing about something they agree on. It doesn't get any better than this.

Now they can come after me, even thought they are too stupid to see I don't care how irrelevent either of them are...
Squirm's,

You keep Googling as you MUST and fixating my wares...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That Fhuqking Rat,would nearly reupholster a toilet seat. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Well the Leupold in your picture is duly noted but so is the lack of "matching number" you were lying about.

Squirm's,

Your Rat Affirmations are funnier than fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,I never puked a MK4 M3,whether fixed or variable. Now the adjustment scale is both fhuqking stupid and trite,with the reticles sucking as much ass as you. The MK4 M3 6x,being THE pick of the litter and capped turrets are Skookum. Hint.

Now you can say you've "seen" one. Though you gotta peel BDC's and get back to MOA roots,while whirling the wrong way. Google as you must. Hint.

Your newfound fascinations,of stocks you never even knew existed,is funnier than fhuqk. Pardon signed matching numbers upsetting you so,as you Google aloud. Hint.

Matching/signed here. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Godogs57: No.... maybe I have just been lucky so far.
Well let me clarify that last - I am DONE with buying "custom barrels" - for what all I need done "factory barrels" have been serving me very well for over a decade now.
The time wasted and expense of buying custom barrels and waiting to pay to have them chambered and fitted has long since worn out it's welcome with me.
Hope you "situation" gets resolved.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Pictures of "matching numbers" and signature still not loading.

More lies keep loading.

Squirm's,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Professional Victims are a hoot! Hint.

Pictures of "matching numbers" still not loading.
Squirm's,

You GREEDILY cling to that glimmer of "hope"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That which is IMPOSSIBLE for you,is simply called "Sunday" here. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

So, frontier gibberish aside, anyone taller than 5'6" know if you could actually buy the receivers and bottom metal, or just the stocks from the decommissioned M40's?
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Godogs57: No.... maybe I have just been lucky so far.
Well let me clarify that last - I am DONE with buying "custom barrels" - for what all I need done "factory barrels" have been serving me very well for over a decade now.
The time wasted and expense of buying custom barrels and waiting to pay to have them chambered and fitted has long since worn out it's welcome with me.
Hope you "situation" gets resolved.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Pretty sure it’s been resolved, referencing my last post. Popped a bowl of popcorn and enjoying the back and forth.
Hoalie,

The ONLY reason this schit is sooooooo fhuqking HILARIOUS,is because you are doing your 100% best...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you Google aloud. Hint.

So, frontier gibberish aside, anyone taller than 5'6" know if you could actually buy the receivers and bottom metal, or just the stocks from the decommissioned M40's?

My understanding was that the actions were rebarreled and used for M40A3s.

So what is stick talking about with the "matching?" Did the stocks come with the bottom metal?
You two Floundering Fhuqks confiding in each other's Retardation,takes HILARITY to new fhuqking levels...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you Google Gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you Fhuqktards can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,for TRYING.

Hint.

You two Floundering Fhuqks confiding in each other's Retardation,takes HILARITY to new fhuqking levels...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you Google Gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you Fhuqktards can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,for TRYING.

Hint.

I'm not the guy who wasn't a Marine bragging about larping with "matching numbers" on throw away stocks from USMC rifles.

Seems like someone is PRETENDING.....

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

So what is stick talking about with the "matching?" Did the stocks come with the bottom metal?

LiL Fish is lying a per his SOP.

He posted that form letter from Kelly McMillan that misspelled Corps and then double down on lying because it's just his thing.
Sweetie,

Your Bumbling Brokedicktitude and Fhuqktardation,are never not HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the reality of wares that exist,as you juggle your Emotions and extoll upon your very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

To be certain,there are fewer matching numbers,than that which don't,both being mutually exclusive to your "means". Pardon my having it all covered,as you quantify how Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,while Whining aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
It's awesome that the guy who had to larp and buy USMC gear to play Marine won't even answer simple questions or post pictures of his "matching" numbers let alone detail what, exactly, they match, or clarify if he even actually has the "matching" bottom metal or receiver, because the beat to schidt stock alone isn't impressive.

Larp on little buddy. It's OK, lots of people almost went in the Corps.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Sweetie,

Might I suggest more Emoji's...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm VERY "surprised" that your Emotional instability,is factored by my wares. Hint.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

At least you "get" to read about it,as you practice your Imagination and Pretend,while "living" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqkig LAUGHING!...............
At least you "get" to read about it,as you practice your Imagination and Pretend,while "living" vicariously. Hint.

Oh, there's only one of us pretending.

I'll leave you to your larping, since you couldn't answer the question. It's ok, lots of guys almost went in the Marines.......

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Sweetie,

If only as per always,I'm not the one asking STUPID fhuqking questions,as you try to curb your Estrogen levels...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Not that you could "afford" a stock. Hint.

Kudos on being in the rear,with the gear,which is VERY "surprising". Hint.

Sweetie,

If only as per always,I'm not the one asking STUPID fhuqking questions,as you try to curb your Estrogen levels...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Not that you could "afford" a stock. Hint.

Kudos on being in the rear,with the gear,which is VERY "surprising". Hint.

It's ok Larping Larry, lotta guys almost went into the Marines.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
You gals be sure to keep citing the wares that are beyond your means and hurts your Tender Feelers the most...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that simply exist. Hint.

Oh, I've shot 'em, just never felt the need to buy used stuff and play pretend. 😉

It's ok, lots of people almost went into the Marines.....

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Sweetie,

Your rollicking Emotions and very WELL founded Insecurities never disappoint,especially when combined with the throes of your Brokedicktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps if you Whine longer,louder and with greater frequency,the Imagination and Pretend Fairy may make your DREAMS come true?!? Until then,you can read my every word and gawk my every Splendid Pixel,if only to briefly curb being you for a little bit. Feel free to quantify same,by denoting how many times a day you think about me and the duration of same(if only for context). Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Just to be clear, the best you've got is that I'm trying to live vicariously through a larper that's playing make believe imitating something I got to do in real life???

You go girl!!!! Lotta people almost went into the Marines.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

I'll leave you to your larping now. And, you're a lying POS, as you know I've never reported any post on the 24HC, let alone one of Larping Larry's frontier gibberish tirades.
Sweetie,

I reckon you're still thinking of me,with free Emoji's and all...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Professional Victim status remains fully intact,as you extoll very WELL founded Insecurity after very WELL founded Insecurity,hoping for a Participation Trophy. Hint.

Perhaps if you Whine longer,louder and with greater frequency,the Imagination and Pretend Fairy may make your DREAMS come true?!? Until then,you can read my every word and gawk my every Splendid Pixel,if only to briefly curb being you for a little bit. Feel free to quantify same,by denoting how many times a day you think about me and the duration of same(if only for context). Hint.

Just found a NIB stock in a box I'd forgotten about and HOPEFULLY you've some Manic Emotional tie to it also,as it's Ryan's pattern(not that you could afford one). Please continue to cry aloud,as you think about me. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

It's ok, a lotta people almost went into the Marines.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Sweetie,

I'm sure Chesty is proud of the magnitude of your Whine and perpetual resupply of very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" to steal pictures off the Internet,as you think about me and sprinkle free Emoji's to satiate your angst. Found another buried in the stack of Mail. Stock Doc killed it again,with LOP increase and Adjustable Cheek. Google as you MUST. Hint.

It's "likely" another of them there MacaMillion's,so don't "forget" to get your Cry on. Hint.

Pictures of "signed with matching numbers" still not loading.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Squirms,

You are sucking the wrong ass,as you Google your taste in men...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,concerning you so,as you Lick Windows on the outside,trying to look in. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Pictures of "signed with matching numbers" still not loading.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Are we getting pictures of the matching numbers?
I never actually got the barrel, but remember Woody at Lothar Walther USA pitching a fit over a barrel sent to him, for me. Woody was a tough task master, he double checked their product in the US office before sending them out. Talked to him on several occasions at the Shot Show. He was a firm believer in the old restaurant adage; "You are no better than the last meal served."
Are we getting pictures of the matching numbers? You do have a camera, right???
???????
Ihad a Hart barrel in .257 caliber I had installed on a Rem 700 in 25-284. It never shot up to my expectations which were at least MOA or a bit better. So the rifle went down the road. The guy who bought it was very happy with it so maybe he found the secret to get it shooting right... I did have a beautiful piece of wood on it...
Bob,

Which Reupold(s) would that have been? Hint................(grin)
Are we getting pictures of the matching numbers? You do have a camera, right???
Crying Karen,

Your sense of entitlement,is as fhuqking HILARIOUS as your Hurt Feeler Reports and amazingly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

From the hip,I'm thinking I'm down to only (6) Pro DSLR bodies(FF and APS-H),which is only (6) times what you could begin to muster. Oh how I lament the passing of APS-H sensors and Google as you MUST. Hint.

This is what a LEGENDARY 25-284 looks like,though you assuredly have The Splendid Pixels framed upon your wall. Hint.

That was a lot of words and pictures to say 'no."

It's ok little boy, lots of people almost went in the Marines

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Dick Davis did the community a great favor and I was "lucky" to receive a coupla matching number camo's and probably shouldn't have given a coupla Smears away,though you gotta steal your Avatar...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Emoji's are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",albeit with Hurt Feeler Reports and countless WELL founded Insecurities,while "living" vicariously. Pardon wares that simply exist and being wellllllll beyond your "means". Hint.

I like Garands too,which will undoubtedly inspire more of your HILARIOUS High Pitched Whining ala Emotional Roller Coaster,fueled by your suffering being you. Hint.

I'll leave you to your slob hunting tiny deer and eating Cheetos to keep up that third chin, I've had my fun.

When it's all said and done, only one of us has to larp with take off stocks because they almost went in the Marines.....

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Later "Larp'n Larry"
Sweetie,

I'm more than happy to come to your Emotional Rescue,as you conjure Estrogen Fueled Delusions on your DESPERATELY needed connection to me,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Doesn't begin to see anywhere NEAR "fair",that you must perpetually quantify,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Perhaps cite how many times a day you think about me and the durations of same,as you fleetingly Pretend not to be you. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist,as you cry for help aloud. Hint.

Bob,

Which Reupold(s) would that have been? Hint................(grin)

Now that I think back on it, you might be right... wink
There's more than a "smidge" of mechanical correlation,to said cause and effect. Hint..............(grin)
Dick Davis did the community a great favor .....

Dick was as solid an individual as I've dealt with. I was a small dealer and both Kelly and Dick went out of their way to help me out. I was shooting the IBS/NBRSA 'HBR' guns actively at the time and called to get another stock coming. A few minutes later, Dick called me and said he had a stock he'd like me to test. A couple days later, a prototype E.D.G.E. stock for the 2.25" fore end HBR guns showed up on my porch. There were three of us that got these and based on our feedback, they went into production...you can still get the same stock today.

Dick helped me with inletting advice and how to get out of trouble. More importantly, he advised me on how to not get into trouble. I had to straighten the fore end out on this E.D.G.E. 'HBR' stock not long ago. I wondered what Dick would say if he saw me whittling on one of his babies but knew he'd understand. grin wink

Good shootin' -Al

He always did me right. Have a flat top gelcoat blowing in the wind and really haven't schemed a plan,other than the allure to M5 it...only because I've never seen one so configured. Hint.............

'Stick, I can't imagine M5'ing that one. shocked I could give it a good home and feed it regularly, though. wink

On the subject of M5 stuff...Greg Taylor at GT Accuracy has 3D printed a pattern for M5 bottom metal. It should make inletting for these a lot less painful for those with a manual mill.
https://gtaccuracy.com/

I just used one of his Panda prints to fit this Robertson stock for my VFS gun.

Hope the grandkiddo is doing well! smile -Al
Shoot me an addy and I'll give it to you. Hint.

Last week was the best of the year,to tally Fawns and it was GrandBaby Day yesterday,doing same. Hercules is almost 9 months old and could give a schit about anything. BabyMan is 4. Hint.

Laughed sooooo fhuqking hard,I was crying! EPIC +P+. Hint.................
Good stuff....the Herc pics crack me up. Will take you up on your generous offer...let's see if there's a trade blanket deal we can work.

Thanks! -Al
Forgot about this tragedy, the new Douglas premium barrel debacle, I bought a barrel for a 700 and sent them both to a VA shop decades ago, to chamber in 6.5x06 for me, they cut the chamber clover leaf shaped with a loose reamer and took twice the estimated time to mess up the barrel to the point, I just had to scrap the barrel as they screwed up the entire chamber area, neck and all, on a contoured barrel. They are out of business and all I can say to them is....bye.
i thought Douglas was still in operation. i had a 7x57 in a 20" Douglas premium feather weight on a customized 98 FN Mauser and it shot and still shoots (my son has it) great.
Originally Posted by tdoyka
i thought Douglas was still in operation. i had a 7x57 in a 20" Douglas premium feather weight on a customized 98 FN Mauser and it shot and still shoots (my son has it) great.

Seems to be in business. Never used one personally.

https://www.douglasbarrels.net/
I think he was referring to the VA installer who is now out of business.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I think he was referring to the VA installer who is now out of business.

that would explain it.
Good stuff....the Herc pics crack me up. Will take you up on your generous offer...let's see if there's a trade blanket deal we can work.

Thanks! -Al

Was jamming to work,when I Posted. Replied to your PM.

Will try to get it out tomorrow.................

Holy crap, the head of hair on that kid is hilarious!

LOL
He hit Puberty on Day Three. Hint.(grin)

G-Baby 2 could give a fhuqk,about a flying fhuqk and is a HOOT in general. Hint.

Bear Hunting in the AM,followed by Fish. Hint.

Then I need to bolt up his Accuracy International AT...It's rough.................
Damn dude I legitimately thought that was a wig.
Lol
He hit Puberty on Day Three. Hint.(grin)

G-Baby 2 could give a fhuqk,about a flying fhuqk and is a HOOT in general. Hint.

Bear Hunting in the AM,followed by Fish. Hint.

Then I need to bolt up his Accuracy International AT...It's rough.................

Stick,

Ya gotta take a selfie with that wig on!
Hear hear! how bout it stick?

We could use something new from you.
Takes one,to know one. Hint.

Grand Babying is a HOOT! Hint.

Pardon the Splendor. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

LOL!

It almost looks real!

LOL
It fhuqking better! Cost me $9.99! Hint.

It fhuqking better! Cost me $9.99! Hint.

I’d wear it everyday if I were YOU.

Sheesh

Hold into the 270 .
Originally Posted by Raferman
Damn dude I legitimately thought that was a wig.
Lol

My god you're a fat tub of chitt. You should buy a spin bike or a treadmill instead of six new chi-com scopes.

You're welcome. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Stick,

If you're gonna don that wig, you need a leisure suit!

LOL

So, you're fat and gay?

🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Al,

Gawwdamned schit fhuqk fire...I just this morning found the bound parcel amongst the carnage,of a wagon load of new wares. Hopefully this treats your pard well and fuels a Shootin' MACHINE!

USPS Priority Tracking in your PM Box.

You boys enjoy!..............
Al,

Gawwdamned schit fhuqk fire...I just this morning found the bound parcel amongst the carnage,of a wagon load of new wares. Hopefully this treats your pard well and fuels a Shootin' MACHINE!

50 yards?
Rickety,

Keep Pretending aloud,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Rickety,

Keep Pretending aloud,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The bullet pointed at that deer have at least a .625 G1 BC?
Rickety,

Simply pardon wares that exist,as you Pretend aloud and "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Kiss,find pressure and rock on,with .697 BC's at 2750fps. Google as you MUST and nod your pencil neck,like you "understand". Hint.

Well then maybe, just maybe you could make a 50 yard shot.
Rickety,

Because I actually shoot,"distance" is largely moot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

On that we can most definitely agree!

ya!

GWB
Al,

Much appreciated, 'Stick. As discussed, it will be gifted forward to a new shooter entering the game. I'll inlet and bed it and have some extra barrels, dies, etc. to get him up and runnin'.

Thanks again! -Al
You saved it from M5 AICS DBMtitude. Hint................(grin)

Originally Posted by geedubya

On that we can most definitely agree!

ya!

GWB

I remember those days, my youngest Grandkid is 17. He is my hunting shooting partner. Great kid.
Rickety,

Because I actually shoot,"distance" is largely moot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

You mean you plink around a bit. Bet I have burned more ammo than you have in the last week. And loaded more.
© 24hourcampfire