Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
if you cant see precision/accuracy then why do the makers have bore scopes....maybe you dont know what your looking at or for ?

GB1

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Which bullet are you trying to use? Are the chamber and throat straight/concentric?

Ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gene270
if you cant see precision/accuracy then why do the makers have bore scopes....maybe you dont know what your looking at or for ?

You CLUELESS Fhuqktards are talking out your asses. Hint.

If Accuracy/Precision could be "seen" in a barrel,Makers would simply charge in accordance. Keep floundering,with your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude...not that you have another "move" to "make". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
you keep cutting trees and they will keep making barrels....and using bore scopes

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yep, Krieger.

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I have had rifles that just would not shoot.

1. A 6.5mm from PacNor. I could not get it to shoot, rebedded, different loads, swapped scopes, etc. Took it back to the gunsmith and not 1 minute after pulling his borescope out he clearly identified 'inclusions' in the steel which had caused the last 2in of the barrel to look like it had been sandblasted on the inside. PacNor offered a replacement within 24hrs of being notified.

2. A 6mm from International Barrels Inc. in Canada. Tried every single bullet, load and depth combination I could work out. Different scopes, stocks, bedding. Finally decided to just pull it and use it as reinforcing rod in the next concrete wall and let IBI know by way of a courtesy (barrel 2yr old but only 300 rounds at this stage - not in warranty). Ryan Steacy got right back to me and asked I send it back. So I cleaned it and stuck my borescope in for a looksee, 2in from the muzzle the rifling was scored on one of the lands. Should have borescoped it earlier, would have saved big dollars in bullets, primers and powder.

3. A 338 barrel from a local group on my 338 Norma. Could not get repeatable accuracy. Brake on, brake off, load and seating depth, different scope, etc. Was about to give up when a friend of mine made the observation that the scope was awfully far forward. Realised at that point that the scope was moving in the Talley rings - it was a Leupold VX5 so the long eye box worked well. Rosined the scope into the rings and it is a sub 1/2 MOA rifle with 3 shots. Not bad for a 8lb 9oz 338 Norma.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I haven't had as many barrels as some here but I've had a handful. The best so far was a lothar walther that was on a 22PPC and a Douglas that's on my .308.

I had a Hart that was just so so, and a Pac Nor that was absolutely terrible.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I had two, Both nearly 20 years ago.

One was a Douglas in 300WSM, I just couldnt get it to shoot, I tried different bullets. powder etc, The one day, like magic ( Around 150 shots i think) it went from shooting 2" groups to 5 shot groups in the .5-.75 range with ease with nearly every load I tried. I was so close to having a new tube put on and then it turned into a great rifle. I suspect it was the barrel, but In the end I played with other things too, scope, bedding, mounts so I can't say 100% it was the tube.

The other was a Douglas tube on a 250AI, played with loads etc at the range all winter couldn't get it to perform, The smith did lots of Douglas barrels and had Douglas send him a new tube and offered to re-barrel for free, I payed for the labor anyway, but the new tube is beautiful.

I realize that these were two Douglases, but I went through a phase where I probably about 20 or so Douglases and with the exception of these two they were good barrels. I switched to buying some more popular cut rifle barrels around 2008 and they have all shot well, but I haven't bought nearly as many as I used to buy of the Douglases 20 or years back and these days I shoot a lot less than I used to.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by noKnees
I had two, Both nearly 20 years ago.

One was a Douglas in 300WSM, I just couldnt get it to shoot, I tried different bullets. powder etc, The one day, like magic ( Around 150 shots i think) it went from shooting 2" groups to 5 shot groups in the .5-.75 range with ease with nearly every load I tried. I was so close to having a new tube put on and then it turned into a great rifle. I suspect it was the barrel, but In the end I played with other things too, scope, bedding, mounts so I can't say 100% it was the tube.

The other was a Douglas tube on a 250AI, played with loads etc at the range all winter couldn't get it to perform, The smith did lots of Douglas barrels and had Douglas send him a new tube and offered to re-barrel for free, I payed for the labor anyway, but the new tube is beautiful.

I realize that these were two Douglases, but I went through a phase where I probably about 20 or so Douglases and with the exception of these two they were good barrels. I switched to buying some more popular cut rifle barrels around 2008 and they have all shot well, but I haven't bought nearly as many as I used to buy of the Douglases 20 or years back and these days I shoot a lot less than I used to.

I’ve kept every target it shot and my shot count is just over 200.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'd like to know why barrels with inclusions in the steel, defects in the rifling, bad reamer marks and the like even leave the manufacturers door.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You gals' Drooling Fhuqktardation,is fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Bless your hearts. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Outstanding self description there Stick.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've "only" had wellllllll over 100 Custom spouts and await my first "bad" one. Two more ship tomorrow. Hint.

Multiple 100's of Factory spouts too. Hint.

Have LONG sought to purchase rifles that "don't shoot",having bought a heap and patiently await the first "bad barrel" there too. Hint.

Have fixed heaps of rifles that "don't shoot" for others and await the first "bad barrel" there too. Hint.

Correct assembly,coupled with savvy,is a seemingly VERY "unfair" advantage. Reupolds are a glaring issue. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Haven't had that many custom "spouts" but I have had many rifles that were good shooters, had a 222 with a very pitted barrel that still shot great for 3 shots.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You have Imagination and Pretend,to the degree that you are forced to steal your Avatar...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You have Imagination and Pretend,to the degree that you are forced to steal your Avatar...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Steal? Seems your delusions and addiction to spruce sawdust are getting serious. That picture is a statement that I agree with. I am not hiding in bumfuq Alaska.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That image is your Chicken Little "life",frosted by the simplistic Fact you stole the fhuqking picture. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That image is your Chicken Little "life",frosted by the simplistic Fact you stole the fhuqking picture. Hint.

Still I don't get the stole part. Back away from the pipe.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You took the picture? Then used your hand writing,to express the HILARITY of your sky is falling fears? Hint.

You can't even afford a fhuqking camera,let alone know how to use one. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Lending a helping hand to those who need it...

Bryan Peterson Photography Books

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a rifle built with a Douglas barrel that was top of their line. It was a 30-06 and it never shot worth a flip.

Later I sent it to JES who rebored it to a 35 Whelen. It was a great shooter after his work. Obviously the problem
was with the factory Douglas barrel.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 35, 44mc, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 11 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,152
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.