Home
Posted By: skywalker 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/27/20
Looking for a semi-custom on a 700 action......any recommendations on who to use? Will be for coyotes and prairie dogs...thanks in advance.
Added: budget $2k and will be paired with a Leupold VX5 or 6...want lighter weight for coyote hunting as main role.
One consideration might be brass if you're planning on using it for prairie dogs. I like to take 500 rounds per rifle when I go on a PD trip. There are a lot of makers of 22-250 brass and it can be had pretty reasonably. I don't know of any reasonably priced 22 Creedmoor brass, at least not what I'd consider reasonable enough to buy 500 pieces.
Posted By: pullit Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/27/20
I have one of each, both are fun to play with for sure. As is obvious the Creed is faster but having said that, I am not sure I would go with the Creed again. Brass is not the big thing with me, but it is or can be an issue. I don;t push my Creed as hard as some do, but if you look around you will find that those that do push them hard tend to have issues with bullets not making it to the target.
Yote hunting is one thing but p dog shooting could easily puke a barrel in one or two trips (on some of the trips I have been on )
Some may differ and YMMV
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/27/20
it's a toss up. Your biggest decision will be if you want a slow twist or fast twist barrel. Long range capable, or not.

Brass really isn't an issue for the creed. I'm running a batch of Hornady brass right now for mine and it's doing just fine. With that said, I did buy a batch of Alpha brass too, just to see if I can tell the difference in the long run.
Let me actually answer your question...

I’d use Jon Beanland. He is a big coyote hunter so will know what you’re asking for. He recently built me a light fast twist 22-250 and it’s awesome. A pleasure to deal with as well.

For what it’s worth, and I know this is not what you asked, but I went 22-250 over 22 creed due to availability of factory ammo. That said I’m shooting a copper creek load with the 70 grain Berger and it’s a hammer.

Good luck
Posted By: pullit Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/27/20
My 22-250 has a 1-8 and my Creed has a 1-7, both are shooting 75 gr ELD-M bullets
Posted By: jbuck Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/27/20
What weight bullet and factory ammo or reload?

The 22cm trends to heavier higher bc bullets. The 22-250 trends to lighter side. If you handload its a wash.

I would probably lean towards the 22cm.
Posted By: Tejano Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/27/20
Brass is becoming less of an issue with all the new manufacturers turning out 6mm and some 22 CM brass. You can always form from 22-250 brass too.

The Creedmoor could be loaded down to 22-250 levels or slightly less and then would most likely have a longer barrel life than the 22-250 due to pressure and case geometry. Both good and unless cheaper factory loads are a consideration the CM may be more versatile especially if twisted for the heavier bullets.

If used for varmint shooting it would be best to have two or three rifles to rotate and keep the barrel cooler. I would pair the CM with a 223 and use the CM for longer shots only as much as possible. A fast twist 223 & CM would be a good combination.
I hand load ammo.

Thx- short mag fan, I’ll give him a call.
I have 22-250's,22-250 AI's and 224 Speedmires in 7" and 8" RPM both. From any/all angles,the Speedmire is the vastly superior chambering. Fretting 500pcs of brass,for any of the lot,is both STUPID and fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fretting RPM,is equally as fhuqking HILARIOUS and STUPID too. You gals are consistent. Hint. Laughing!

Hornady brass is absolute Fhuqking Dog Schit,in all chamberings. Hint.

Have been shooting 22-250 AI/Speedmire case capacity for over 30yrs,in a goodly sized herd of rifles and never had a single boolit worth a fhuqk,zuke enroute to the Victim or Target...no matter the RPM being 1-16"(PN parallel fluted Experiment),or multiple 7's. Cuts and buttons both/all. 7" or bust today. Hint.

I'd not go to a .473" cased .224" Centerfire,in anything other than Speedmire and would just as soon 223/223AI for Utility and in 7" RPM. I LOVE a 21" 223/223AI well beyond the 1000yd line and 88's are hammers there too,just as in the other chamberings cited. my lightest Speedmire is fed 90 Beer Cans expressly and is simply sensational. Hint.

I'd not poke a Reupold upon anything. Though in summation,I've only got a couple dozen rifles,in the chamberings cited. Unless one counts 224 Grendel,22BR and the ilk too,which adds more to the fray. Hint.

You need a good 223 and don't even know it...but most folks don't,because nobody actually shoots. I'd call James,order a 7" RPM 223 SALAMI non-match(shorter throat),throw a S/S receiver in the cart,go TT Flatty and have RHR fling me a Terrain in Hawkins DBM,for all the same to nestle. I'd nab a Bushy 3-12x 'Drab Bitch and have my way,for turn key Utility,superior to all thangs thus far mused. It'll make budget and shine. Pass an AM steel5-rounder for default and a coupla MDT 120rd Poly Herd Clips,for good measure in the ruck. Hint.

Thank me later.

Just sayin'.

Hint.............
Posted By: aalf Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/27/20

Cartridges aside, a good coyote rifle is not the same as a good prairie dog rifle, and vice versa......
Posted By: sloone Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/27/20
thanks aalf.that big stick I feel sorry for..have for years..why such a attitude with others and so demeaning..i have enjoyed tremendously his being so entertaining and in love with himself for a long time.obviously not well respected or thought of in a positive way on this site.also enjoy his interesting way of trying to communicate..not doubting his knowledge but he is truly a mess..would love to see a picture of this guy..
notone,

You'd do well to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same,if I mention sumptin' but here's to the HILARITY of your being too fhuqking Stupid to "do" that "much"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It'll only come as a "surprise",to someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,that nobody can "make" you "appear" to be a greater Dumb Fhuqk,than you can,by simply doing your best. Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon Facts & Physics upsetting you so. Hint.

I've seen a Handy/Dandy Speedmire be plum handy. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hell...mighta' even seen a 223/223AI once too. Hint. Laughing!

Mebbe' even a fhuqking 224 BR. Hint.

The only thing you Fhuqktards shoot,is your mouths and Imaginations. Hint.

Coming full circle,the 223/223AI approach connects more dots by default,than any others,if only to the Chagrin Of Whining Clueless Kchunts,such as yourself. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................
Posted By: AK416 Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/28/20
Posting in normal English...

The 22 CM is effectively a 22-250 AI with a 30 degree shoulder. Factory brass and dies are readily available.
In a pinch, drop load by 1.5gr and use 22-250 brass to fireform.

Sweet spot is 80-90gr bullets in a twist between 7" and 8".

RL23 (80gr) and RL26 (88gr) have been superb though a bunch of other powders with similar burn rate work as well.
Fascinating,to watch folks suck ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Prolly don't hurt none,to shoot some like platforms,in different chamberings,side by each. Hint.

7" Krieger 22-250 AI,Alpha formed Speedmire Virgins and formed. Easy to pass on the powders and volumes cited. Hint.

There's not an 80 going,that does anything for me,but I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.

The 22PPC AI prolly don't suck,in OEM one-pass guise either. Hint.

You gals really "know" your "stuff". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!.............
Wouldn't you just love to have one of those "clubs" stinky has had soaking in his drain field.
The dumb mutt even posted pictures of rusted scope mount screws.

Oh-oh, here comes with her cut n paste dumbassedresponce in. 3.......2.........1
6mm,

Ain't it a hoot,that the only thing you can bring to any/all conversations,is your Brokedicktitude and countless very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now what were the "odds",that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you just also happen to be A Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot? You musta' "forgot" about your highly esteemed Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again? Hint. LAUGHING!

Perhaps someday,you'll even be able to "afford" your own scope? Until then,bask in the Sweet Satisfactions that are your's,in that only Imagination and Pretend are within your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" to grasp. Hint.

Your Retardation is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

No moisture in these parts. Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your best and the unrivaled HILARITY associated.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
Like I said, here is stinkys bubbadabblebubble guggblblbla giggly bubble ninky dinky stinky Hubble bubble fraction gotten going ging all the way to town.

Sound about right, stinky?

Show us a wide-angle of your gun room. That would be a real treat there punky stinky.

Punky Stinky, I like that.

I shall dub you sir Punky Stinky.

Punky Stinky got no friends
Punky Stinky got no friends.
6mm,

Just another slooowwwwwwww day here and only a Superposed arrived,but you "get"" to read about it and gawk the pics...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. congratulations?!?

As an aside,didja' "forget" about your highly esteemed Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again? Hint. LAUGHING!

Actually,better than thunked,tight and wayyyyy right,inertia and though the muzzle bead broke in transit...I've seen worse. Now you can say you've "seen" one of them too,which makes it a rather "big" day for you. Hint. LAUGHING!

Stocks fits her suplizingly well and perhaps just a smidge of comb work requisite,but will have her whistle through a case of shells first. Then no big deal to rattle can it and press it in service. Hint.

Bless your heart for doing your Best though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I have 22-250's,22-250 AI's and 224 Speedmires in 7" and 8" RPM both. From any/all angles,the Speedmire is the vastly superior chambering. Fretting 500pcs of brass,for any of the lot,is both STUPID and fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I've got six rifles and ammo stacked in the front hall waiting to go shoot prairie dogs in a few days. Most of them have 500 pieces of ammo each except the 6BR which has 300. Now I could have bought all Lapua or Alpha for them, and the 6BR does have Lapua which is why there's only 300, but with Lapua 22-250 at 90 cents a piece that'd take a chunk out of the beer money and I found out that prvi partisan at 30 cents a piece, neck turned and annealed after every firing makes prairie dogs die just as well, or at least good enough that it doesn't matter. Likewise for the .223's and 20 practicals the Lake City brass I laid in several years ago for 10 cents a piece at a fire sale works good enough to where I don't miss Lapua at 60 cents a piece, and I don't feel bad about not reaching in to retrieve it when it's been flung down a prairie dog hole. Having $500 in brass sitting there is more tolerable than $3000, that'll let me spin on another barrel for the 22-250 that's on it's last legs with some left over for a few fishing trips after specks and reds. I'm just a poor cargo pilot though, I don't have all the money lying around to blow on 500 pieces of top shelf brass for every rifle.

There's also the issue that everybody seems to have forgotten about, that is brass not being available at any price. Remember the Obama years? Back then we weren't arguing about which brass was best, we were just trying to find anything. If Hillary Clinton had been elected we'd be doing the same right now. If Joe Biden gets elected we'll be right back at it the first time he opens his mouth about gun control "for the children". A 22-250 will be a lot easier to feed than a 22 Creedmoor if that happens again, although I concede that if it isn't for a high volume rifle I'd just lay in a hundred or two cases, keep them annealed, and not worry about it much.

I figure a fellow that isn't concerned about the price of brass much not shoot much. Don't feel bad, there's a lot of y'all around...........
Originally Posted by skywalker
......any recommendations on who to use?

The aforementioned recommendation of Jon Beanland is a good one. I've got two rifles built by him and he's as good as they come.

The mention that a good coyote rifle isn't a good prairie dog rifle is also a good point. They're vastly different and you need to decide what you really want it to do. Talk to Jon and tell him exactly what you're looking for, he'll steer you right. If it's not going to be a high volume PD rifle but rather mostly for coyotes with an occasional prairie dog then all that stuff about brass is a moot point, pick whichever chambering you'd rather have.

Originally Posted by Crow hunter

I've got six rifles and ammo stacked in the front hall waiting to go shoot prairie dogs in a few days. Most of them have 500 pieces of ammo each except the 6BR which has 300. Now I could have bought all Lapua or Alpha for them, and the 6BR does have Lapua which is why there's only 300, but with Lapua 22-250 at 90 cents a piece that'd take a chunk out of the beer money and I found out that prvi partisan at 30 cents a piece, neck turned and annealed after every firing makes prairie dogs die just as well, or at least good enough that it doesn't matter. Likewise for the .223's and 20 practicals the Lake City brass I laid in several years ago for 10 cents a piece at a fire sale works good enough to where I don't miss Lapua at 60 cents a piece, and I don't feel bad about not reaching down to retrieve it when it's been flung down a prairie dog hole. Having $500 in brass sitting there is more tolerable than $3000, that'll let me spin on another barrel for the 22-250 that's on it's last legs with some left over for a few fishing trips after specks and reds. I'm just a poor cargo pilot though, I don't have all the money lying around to blow on 500 pieces of top shelf brass for every rifle.

There's also the issue that everybody seems to have forgotten about, that is brass not being available at any price. Remember the Obama years? Back then we weren't arguing about which brass was best, we were just trying to find anything. If Hillary Clinton had been elected we'd be doing the same right now. If Joe Biden gets elected we'll be right back at it the first time he opens his mouth about gun control "for the children". A 22-250 will be a lot easier to feed than a 22 Creedmoor if that happens again, although I concede that if it isn't for a high volume rifle I'd just lay in a hundred or two cases, keep them annealed, and not worry about it much.

I figure a fellow that isn't concerned about the price of brass much not shoot much. Don't feel bad, there's a lot of y'all around...........

Blow hunter,

I rather enjoyed the HILARIOUSLY Fascinating Vagina Monologue,recounting your Brokedick Ineptitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Assuredly,you were typing with trembling fingers,wearing Latex gloves and garbed in a mask,while wearing your Drool Bib to boot? Hint. LAUGHING!

Do dangle some pics of these High Zoot wares you are trying to expound upon,because THAT is gonna be funnier than fhuqk sweetheart! Dare ya'!!! HINT.

Pardon Facts and Physics upsetting you so,as you look to frost your Stupidity,with the Melting Snowflake Routine,that is assuredly no "act",nor an "arguement". HINT.

Obama never slowed my trigger finger even a smidge,because I've never been one to fhuqking linger. Though in fairness,I always did hope to go Fishing some day. Hint. LAUGHING!!!

I'd mention that EVERY piece of 22-250 brass,can be a Speedmire,but your unibrow would furrow,your crossed-eyes close and that would be "unfair". Hint. LAUGHING!

What part of fhuqking Retardia are you from,besides dead square in the fhuqking middle?!? I'm not doubting your a schitty pilot either. HINT.

Bless your heart,for doing your best,with what sooooooooooo fhuqking AMAZINGLY little you have to work with.

Hint.

WOW +P++++.

Laughing!....................

I'm not doubting your a schitty pilot either. HINT.

I'm honored, I got my own rant and pretty quick at that. Those fingers must have been flying so fast that you couldn't sound out the big words to spell.

You should clean the spittle off your monitor, it'll help you see better.

Laughing!
Blow hunter,

You rant yourself reliably,with Poetic Poignancy and chock FULLl of Oblivious Humor,by simply doing your best...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I had no reason to surmise that your coming clean as being a poor pilot,was anything deviating from the "explanations" you have attempted,to "think" that Stupidity is a "choice". Sweetie...it's a plight and few are as ridden as you. I reckon a couple/few Puns be intended. Hint. LAUGHING!

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will always be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you run like a bitch from all things The Rifle,but what other "move" does someone like you "have"?!? A CLUELESS Fhuqking Retard talking floorsweeps and deeply Traumatized with Chicken Little Politics,from her Covid Quarantine Couch,cain't add any substance. Hint. LAUGHING!!!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................
A second rant! I'm truly blessed today!

I'll have to run it through my Pig Latin translator to figure out what it says. Billy Joe the methhead that intreprets that is currently in jail though, I'll get back to you when he's out and can translate it for me.

Laughing!
Blow hunter,

Nawwwwww,you've amassed wayyyyy more than that...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Be SURE to cite any/all vernacular I've used,that is "too big" or "Too Technical" for you to follow and I'll happily substitute verbage. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do keep in mind,it's never too late to reiterate,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Might I suggest some Imaginary Pretend Ignore too,as it's long been the rage for you fhuqking Retards. Hint.

Hint.

Laughing!................
Thx fellas- he’s on my ignore list for a reason.
I talked to Jon yesterday and will be calling Mr Feldcamp tomorrow.
.22 Speedmire may be interesting if I didn't already have an 8 twist Shilen barreled .22-250 that's a tack driver.

DF
Posted By: adam32 Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/28/20
As harsh as ol Big Stick is...he's 100% right in the .223/.223 AI recommendation, also about brass. If the OP is worried about 500 pieces of brass then a .223 is hard to beat.

Stick, have you shot any game with the 90gr A-tips yet? I've been considering them for a 22-243.
Originally Posted by adam32
As harsh as ol Big Stick is...he's 100% right in the .223/.223 AI recommendation, also about brass. If the OP is worried about 500 pieces of brass then a .223 is hard to beat.

Stick, have you shot any game with the 90gr A-tips yet? I've been considering them for a 22-243.

How fast would you need to spin those, what twist?

DF
Originally Posted by aalf

Cartridges aside, a good coyote rifle is not the same as a good prairie dog rifle, and vice versa......

Aalf, can you elaborate on this? Would appreciate your thoughts.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/28/20
generally when one thinks of prairie dogs, high volume shooting comes to mind. Neither the 22-250 or the creed fit that bill. Smaller cases work much better for prairie dog shooting, if one wants to whackem as fast as you can see em without cookin a barrel in short order.
I understand that... I thought Aalf was talking about rifles, not chamberings.
Posted By: aalf Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/28/20
Originally Posted by cast10K
Originally Posted by aalf

Aalf, can you elaborate on this? Would appreciate your thoughts.

Originally Posted by TRnCO
generally when one thinks of prairie dogs, high volume shooting comes to mind. Neither the 22-250 or the creed fit that bill. Smaller cases work much better for prairie dog shooting, if one wants to whackem as fast as you can see em without cookin a barrel in short order.

This in a nutshell ^^^^^

With PD guns, weight is your friend, for spotting shots and less accumulated recoil in a full day of shooting. Performance is not as critical, miss, shoot again, and again, and again..... grin You can argue cartridges and ballistics till you're blue in the face, but in the end a 223 is hard to ignore......the more the merrier.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Unless you hunt coyotes 10 yards from the truck, I prefer a lighter, sporter style rifle for packing and shooting, with performance a real consideration, and barrel life a lesser concern. Under eight pounds if possible, but a couple of favorites go a little over, in the interest of bullet proof glass, rings, and bases.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
crytalker,

Don't be too hard on the schitty pilot,she's doing the best she can,with what incredibly fhuqking little she has to work with. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

Dirt',

I have it on good authority,that the 22-250 SALAMI cleans up exceptionally,with a Speedmire reamer. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Simply pick your freebore and roll in accordance. Make mine .100"-esque. Hint.

I'd go no other way,on a barrel 18" or longer. Re-hint...................

'32,

The 90's don't aspook me and I reckon it'd be easy to arrange flingin' one into a Hog Bear,in the interest of R&D. Pretty warm Skinning Weather and I'd just as soon,not wish to stick a knife in one. Hint.

Bang for the buck,the 88's have no fhuqking equal,but I savvy The Beer Can's appeal. Hint.

Coming full circle,the OP is in wayyyyyy over her head and has ZERO fhuqking idea of what's what...which only adds to the humor. The 223/223AI is simply a fhuqking MONSTER,whether it Critters,Canines or Vermin. No thang to shoot a single boolit to do it all with and it's funnier than fhuqk,that something soooooooooooo fhuqking simplistic,stumps so many folks. Hint.

Bless their hearts for Crying.

Hint.

Laughing!....................

cast',

It is VERY fhuqking easy,to assemble a Down And Dirty Utility Rifle,the particulars of which have been set upon a Silver Platter,yet escaping many...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Trigger time trumps all and gals talking about 500pcs of brass for a Flame Thrower,are simply talking out their ass and don't turn a fhuqking lick. Not that I don't enjoy The FULL Pelosi Vagina Monologues. Hint.

If one is stumped in assembling a Handy/Dandy Utilitarian and simply shooting it until the barrel pukes,then rinsing and repeating,they's beyond help. Hint.

Bless their hearts for Trying though.

Hint.

Tryin'Co,

No schit?!? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint.

What next,an expose on how a $5 bill is bigger than a $1 bill? None of you Clueless Fhuqks have seen a good rifle,a good bullet or let alone used 'em in conjunction. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. You gals would be on the right track,to slow down,shut the fhuqk up and whistle 50rds through a GOOD 22LR. Hint.

bless your hearts for tRying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Well hell!
Posted By: adam32 Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/28/20
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

I've run the 90gr Berger in a 1/8 so I don't see why the A-tip would be much different.

DF

I've run the 90gr Berger in a 1/8 so I don't see why the A-tip would be much different.

The 90 Beer Can is longer than the Booger 90. Length,not weight,are which determine requisite RPM. Hint.

The 88 ELD's BC is better than the 90 Booger to boot and if only for starters. Hint.

We'll save Atmospherics,for your next Try. Hint.

When did the OP mention being worried about brass? Some of you can completely ruin a thread due to a severe lack of reading comprehension.
crysquawker,

The OP is an obvious CLUELESS Fhuqk and she can't even choose a rifle,let alone chambering or something as "tricky" as brass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You be sure to interject some more Estrogen and Emotion,to frost your Retardation. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best and TRYING so hard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
Posted By: adam32 Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/29/20

DF

The 90 Beer Can is longer than the Booger 90. Length,not weight,are which determine requisite RPM. Hint.

The 88 ELD's BC is better than the 90 Booger to boot and if only for starters. Hint.

We'll save Atmospherics,for your next Try. Hint.

I haven't read the specs on the A-tip yet but if I remember right Berger says the 90gr needs a 1/7 also but in a 22-243 the 1/8 was fine. I'm sure a .223 will need a 1/7.

I like ELD's...the 285gr and my 338 rum get along well.
I have a 22-250 currently but when the barrel is done
It will be getting replaced with a 22 Creedmoor and a 1:7. Sure the 75 grainers at 3400 fps out of the 22” 22-250 are hell on deer but the taper case of the 22-250 makes them terrible for stacking in a mag compared to the 22 creedmoor. Plus I’ll take some extra velocity cause why not?? wink
If I have an existing barrel,who's History is known to me and there are no red flags,it's ALWAYS the barrel I wanna punch out. Hint.

I'd much rather that approach,because I essentially get a free Test Drive,to have a feel for fouling,stringing and the like. New barrels,no matter the particulars,are always an unknown. Within that spectrum,there are obviously some higher percentages,that are easy to play,but KNOWING will reliably trump guessing. Hint.

I've punched ALOTTA barrels out,chopped ALOTTA barrels,reduced contour on ALOTTA barrels and fluted ALOTTA barrels and never with a regret. Those being barrels I've shot in the firsthand,from inception and altered after the fact. With a SALAMI '250 in 8" RPM or better...I'd send it to Kali and let The Kid work his literal Magic. Hint.

What rifle/twist on the existing '250? 75's have long been Amazin' and they keep getting better. Few things have made me cringe,like the announcement that the .224" 75 'Max was on the chopping block,with the ELD laying in wait. The ELD is certainly more Slickery and only got better. Hint.

I'd not shoot a Deer with a .224" of any flavor.

LAUGHING!................
Good point it’s merely a punch out away. Same Tikka 8 twist as you got there so easy peasy to get what I truly wanted. Though I don’t know about said Kid from Kali that makes this magic happen.
The Kali Kid RINK

Hint....................
The Kali Kid RINK

Hint....................

Thank you sir!!
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/31/20
I thought the 250 ai was the peach, remember, cause pulling the trigger is soooooo hard??? Haha
'lanche,

He'll do you proud.

Hint................

Hmmmm,was someone thinking about me yet again...the "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Even as Great as I am,I simply cain't gun it,until it's Invented and ready for purchase,if only to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.

Don't fret none,I'll break trail and you can try to ride coat tails,despite not having the "means","abilities" or "comprehension". Pardon the fact that I simply shoot it all and then some and am afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess and the HILARIOUS fhuqking dichotomy,that a guess is always the "best" you can "do". Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 05/31/20
Never heard of said chambering!!! Hint

Laughing!!!!!.............

Though I am a little better than slumming re-chambered plastic shiit... turd polishing cull, it’s still a turd. Hint!!!!

Laughing!!!! .............. how am I doin liar Larry? Enough periods?? Haha

For conversation
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
The Kali Kid RINK

Hint....................

Thank you sir!!

Shaen's rad.

Reminds me I need to send him a few things.
Originally Posted by Judman
For conversation

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Judman finally got a scope that works! laugh
Posted By: Judman Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 06/01/20
😂😂😂
Stick,

" I'd nab a Bushy 3-12x 'Drab Bitch..."

Which Bushnell is the 'Drab Bitch'

Thanks,

Jerry
Lrts
Posted By: RinB Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 06/12/20

22 CM for sure. Great brass. Most modern design. Why drive an Impala when you can drive a Vette?
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Stick,

" I'd nab a Bushy 3-12x 'Drab Bitch..."

Which Bushnell is the 'Drab Bitch'

Thanks,

Jerry

I've only got (4) 224 Speedmires,if only to the chagrin of Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.(grin)

Drab Bitches are easily arranged,for folks who actually shoot. Hint.

The G3 reticle trumps prior efforts and while I prefer The Matte Bitch in both 12x and 18x(due the reticle's subtension and Illumination),The 'Drab's are fhuqking SOLID performers. Hint.

Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Laughing!...…………...
Posted By: pal Re: 22 Creedmor or 22-250 Build - 06/17/20

This is why everyone wants to be you.
It's rough. Hint.

Laughing...…………….

This is why everyone wants to be you.[/quote]

Not me... I'd have to shrink and be a foot and a half shorter to start with...

then I'd need to have a bowling ball head with a chrome dome on top...

and little beddy eyes.. and smell like a week old dead fish....

nope not for me....

I predict Stumpy will be crafting his response to this for half of the night...and it will include a lot of pixs that most of us have seen a zillion times....and most will involve, dead fish, with most of the rifle with the fish, 3/4 submerged in the creek....getting that natural rust camo look so popular on POW Island.....
Well Stick does make Paradise Alaska otherwise appealing. I would get tired of Salmon pretty quick as it is not my favorite fish on a plate. Having lived in the middle of nowhere for 15 years through the 80's and to the mid 90's I can almost understand why he is cracking up. I do speak of leftards pretty much like Stick speaks of us which makes me wonder if he wept for days after that idiot Bill Walker suspended his campaign for governor.
© 24hourcampfire