Home
Posted By: shaman 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/10/20
I've got a Savage 340 in 30-30 that I'm working up as a Yute rifle for #1 granddaughter.

Somebody somewhere mentioned using hollow-point boat-tail bullets. I've not been able to find actual working recipes.

Q: Have any of you actually used HPBT's in a 30-30 bolt gun? What bullet did you use? How did it work?
My friends son uses a T/C Encore carbine in 30-30 and they load up 125gr. Sierra Pro Hunters. I’ll ask him specifics about the load and performance, but it seems like the perfect little tree-stand gun.
Posted By: trplem Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
I've used them in the form of the old Sierra MK for punching paper, but never shot a bambi with one. The pointy bullet that has taken a number of deer from a 340 on our property is the Hornady 150 interlock. It put deer on the ground quite reliably. As for load data, I use 150 recipes for the 30 wcf and chrony the results.
Posted By: Filaman Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
If memory serves me right Pro Hunters are pretty good deer bullets. I've got some here for 8mm and 170 grain. At .30-30 velocities I would use something in 150 grains. That's just me. I wish I still had my .340. With a .340 you can shoot any shape bullet you want safely. Of course, in my .30-30 94 AE I shoot the 160 Grain Hornady Flex Tips which are safe in a tubular mag.
Originally Posted by trplem
I've used them in the form of the old Sierra MK for punching paper, but never shot a bambi with one. The pointy bullet that has taken a number of deer from a 340 on our property is the Hornady 150 interlock. It put deer on the ground quite reliably. As for load data, I use 150 recipes for the 30 wcf and chrony the results.

Sierra MK and Prohunters are two different bullets. I don't think I'd try to kill a deer with a MK. I don't know what it would do but it's not designed to expand on game. It's designed for accuracy on paper. But I've never tried it. For all I know it may be the best deer bullet on the planet. But I just don't know that so personally, I wouldn't go there.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
My friends son uses a T/C Encore carbine in 30-30 and they load up 125gr. Sierra Pro Hunters. I’ll ask him specifics about the load and performance, but it seems like the perfect little tree-stand gun.

Not Sierra, or any HPBT, but a kid out of Little Rock has came to the family camp over in Arkansas with a Contender rifle in 30-30, he has shot a couple deer over the years with the 125gr Nosler ballistic tip, I recall no problems, just seeing dead deer with exits.
Originally Posted by shaman
I've got a Savage 340 in 30-30 that I'm working up as a Yute rifle for #1 granddaughter.

Somebody somewhere mentioned using hollow-point boat-tail bullets. I've not been able to find actual working recipes.

Q: Have any of you actually used HPBT's in a 30-30 bolt gun? What bullet did you use? How did it work?

One more point. In my limited experience I've garnered that HPBTs are for longer distances. No .30-30 I've shot was a long range affair. Even with Hornady Flex Tips it's still a sub 300 yard gun, well at least mine is. I would think a good accurate flat base bullet would serve you better, in whatever weight. JMHO.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
Filaman has the simple solution, if you simply must have a pointy slug, and they're available in factory loads. I don't really see the need for them in most cases, and especially for a kid whom I imagine will be encouraged to take sure shots at moderate range. Pick a bullet designed to expand properly at the .30WCF's modest speed, and not any match bullets that might not. I've killed some deer with the Sierra 165gr Gameking HP, which is pretty explosive, but in .30/06 and maybe .308.

If I were gonna be tricky with a .30/30, I'd try some of the 150gr Speer Gold Dot bullets designed for the .300 BO. They should expand at lower velocity, allowing you to reduce the powder charge a bit if the girl is recoil-sensitive, and the 6.5s I'm using in my Grendel are pretty dang accurate. Reviewers on MidwayUSA say a lot of good things about the .308 too.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
I wouldn't even bother, but if I just had to, it would be 125gr Nosler, either BT or Accubond.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
Personally I would just stick with .30-30-specific bullets and be done with it. All the makers have put a lot of work into them over the decades to make them as efficient as possible. Lots of competition in that corner of the market and nobody could afford to make a lousy bullet. Within acceptable .30-30 distances there's really no need for streamlined bullets. But, that's just me.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Personally I would just stick with .30-30-specific bullets and be done with it. All the makers have put a lot of work into them over the decades to make them as efficient as possible. Lots of competition in that corner of the market and nobody could afford to make a lousy bullet. Within acceptable .30-30 distances there's really no need for streamlined bullets. But, that's just me.

Nope. Its not just you...

+1

I agree also. At one time I had a Remington 788 in .30-30 that I thought would be a good youth gun, so I loaded some 125 BTs for it. Turned out that to fit the magazine the bullets had to be seated so deep that the ogive of the bullet was below the end of the case. The stock was too long for the kids anyway and the kid almost lost the mag the first day. Mags for a 788 in .30-30 were hard to find and costly. Now my kid rifle .30-30 is a Contender and shoots 125 Its really well.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
Originally Posted by ingwe

+1

The 150 Corelokt has bang flopped an awful lot of deer.
Posted By: ipopum Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
I am with if its not broke don`t fix it crowd .I doubt that much improvement can be made over the standard 30-30 bullet.

I do shoot some different bullets for paper but for hunting stay with the tried and true.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
Originally Posted by Pappy348

If I were gonna be tricky with a .30/30, I'd try some of the 150gr Speer Gold Dot bullets designed for the .300 BO. They should expand at lower velocity, allowing you to reduce the powder charge a bit if the girl is recoil-sensitive, and the 6.5s I'm using in my Grendel are pretty dang accurate. Reviewers on MidwayUSA say a lot of good things about the .308 too.

I've taken exactly one deer with a 30-30 in a 14" Contender, using a 150gr Nosler Solid Base HP. I think they may have been a test run or a screw-up at the factory. My LGS had them for cheap a few years ago, and he said he was nearly gifted them by the Nosler rep.

Last fall I picked up the bullets that Pappy mentioned here. I've had very good experiences with Speer Gold Dots so far, and got both the standard 150 gr version and the Blackout version. Haven't tested them to see how much I can get them to expand at velocities between a Blackout carbine and a 30-30 carbine. I think this is a good choice for what you're after, Shaman.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
Using Sierra 150 FBSP in my Contender since day one. Bangs and flops. Caution with long bullets...SAAMI spec twist for the .30-30 is 1:12 and that is not a friend of “long”. Basically I agree with gnoahhh.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
Why not just shoot factory ammo?

Your granddaughter probably doesn't possess the shooting skills that are desirable for long range hunting, so a little more velocity and a higher BC isn't likely to add much practical value to the equation. If you feel a pressing need to shoot pointed bullets, you could always shoot Hornady's 140 or 160 grain LeverEvolution factory loads.

If you have a Savage 340, I highly recommend the B-Square side-mount, as it is hands down the best scope mount for that series of rifles that I've seen. CDNN is selling them for $15, up from $10 not too long ago.
Posted By: southtexas Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
Another vote for just using bullets designed for the 30-30, either factory or handloads. The old 30-30 is about the only cartridge that has bullets designed just for it, and not as a compromise to work in a myriad of cartridges..And 30-30 bullets just work. And with a new young hunter, the last thing you want is an "issue" caused by poor terminal bullet performance.
This thread makes me wish I had an 1885 low wall in 30-30.....

I've thought for a time that a nice handy double in 30-30 or 30-40 would be a HELL of a lot of fun.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I've thought for a time that a nice handy double in 30-30 or 30-40 would be a HELL of a lot of fun.

Like a 3/4 size double? Yes!
Posted By: T_O_M Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20

My dad bought a pair of the Savage 840s .. slightly dolled up 340s .. that were sold under the Western Field brand years ago, one for mom, one for grandma. (For Valentines Day no less.) He did quite a bit of load workup. He settled on 30.2 or 30.3 grains of IMR 3031 and 150 grain Sierra flat base bullets. In those cheap guns, with cheap POS 2-7X scopes, they'd give 3/4 inch 5 shot groups. Dad was all about accuracy. Problem was the velocity was not high enough and those bullets would "pencil" like made making them great for head shots and not much else. I remember mom shooting one of dad's cows and getting about 7 feet of penetration .. bullet went in the neck and lodged well down one ham. It wasn't hardly deformed at all.

I've wanted to try a couple of bullets ... Speer 130 grain HP, Speer 125 grain TNT, and Nosler 125 grain ballistic tip and Accubond. I think the light Accubond would do quite well in the .30-30.

Tom

YES!!!
Originally Posted by T_O_M
[quote=shaman]

I've wanted to try a couple of bullets ... Speer 130 grain HP, Speer 125 grain TNT, and Nosler 125 grain ballistic tip and Accubond. I think the light Accubond would do quite well in the .30-30.

Tom

A tougher 125 is likely going to perform identically to a softer 150 at 30-30 speeds, at least on deer. I have been farting around with the 150's and 165's because I like the idea of using one on an elk, and I want it to lose some weight in frags, expand, and still penetrate. A 125 or 130 that is sturdy, like an Accubond may do the same. I'm not stunt-shooter enough to shoot elk with 125gr 30 cal cup and core bullets though. Maybe someday. Until then, It seems like any soft 150 works pretty well for deer at moderate speeds, and could also ruin an elk's lungs if I happen to see one.

+1

+2
From what I've read on Contender forums, many times, the 125 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip is the darling of the 30-30 shooters. If it works fro ma 14" Contender barrel is should work just as well from a rifle barrel.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20
I figured I would let the dust settle a bit before I flapped my gums about what I use in my .30-30's (Winchester M54 bolt gun with 24" barrel, and Savage 99G takedown).

190 grain cast bullet, cast relatively soft (10-12bhn), wide flat nose, gas checked. 28.0 grains 3031 pushes it at a chrono'ed 2000fps flat, out of the Winchester 54. Hell-on-wheels accurate and knocks deer ass-over-teakettle.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Were I to use a jacketed bullet I would probably just buy a box or two of Remington Core Locts and go hunting.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/11/20

If you’re looking for a project, find a decent/cheap 20 ga double and have some barrel inserts made.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

If you’re looking for a project, find a decent/cheap 20 ga double and have some barrel inserts made.

Ace Dube is still in business, www.mcaceak.com
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by shootsacreed
From what I've read on Contender forums, many times, the 125 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip is the darling of the 30-30 shooters. If it works fro ma 14" Contender barrel is should work just as well from a rifle barrel.

I have a 14" contender, and that is the bullet I use. It shoots damn good, group-wise, but I haven't shot any game with it. Every time I get excited about hunting with it, I go to the range and discover how much of a pistol shooter I ain't.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Ace Dube is still in business, www.mcaceak.com

every time i get ready to order a set of 45-70 inserts from Ace something breaks on the place then i lose his address. going to email it to myself and save it. then my puter will blow up laugh
Posted By: Filaman Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

I have a 14" contender, and that is the bullet I use. It shoots damn good, group-wise, but I haven't shot any game with it. Every time I get excited about hunting with it, I go to the range and discover how much of a pistol shooter I ain't.

I'm learning more here all the time. This place has got some good info.

My thuty thuty is addicted to 150s and 160s. Do y'all scope those contenders?
Posted By: vapodog Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by RemModel8
I wouldn't even bother, but if I just had to, it would be 125gr Nosler, either BT or Accubond.

yup....agreed
Posted By: Filaman Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
I figured I would let the dust settle a bit before I flapped my gums about what I use in my .30-30's (Winchester M54 bolt gun with 24" barrel, and Savage 99G takedown).

190 grain cast bullet, cast relatively soft (10-12bhn), wide flat nose, gas checked. 28.0 grains 3031 pushes it at a chrono'ed 2000fps flat, out of the Winchester 54. Hell-on-wheels accurate and knocks deer ass-over-teakettle.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/K6DbHUKm.jpg[/img
Were I to use a jacketed bullet I would probably just buy a box or two of Remington Core Locts and go hunting.

Dude! You got a Winchester Model 54 in .30-30? You Suck Dude! That is so damn Classic! I'm so jealous of you right now! It don't get any cooler than that!
The 130 gr Speer soft point works very well on deer, one of those over a moderate charge of H-335 has killed a few dozen deer at our camp over the last couple of decades. It is my standard load for kids, women, and those who are adverse to recoil. Mixed in with those has been 150 gr Sierra GK and 150 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips of the old style but they recoil enough more that it is noticed. I used standard 30/30 data for these.The 130 gr Barnes bullet has also worked well for some of the younger guys in camp though I haven't loaded any myself.

I have about 300 of the Speers loaded up but they are unlikely to get used this year as it appears there will again be no new shooters this year. The last new member is using one of my 8x57s with 150 gr bullets pushed somewhere between 30/30 and 300 Savage velocities. I would consider using a 30/30 next fall but I have plans to use something else. Maybe if a bonus tag for the cabin is issued I'll bring along one of my 30/30sthough there are several other rifles that need to be blooded too.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
I have harvested a truckload of cow elk with the 160 grain FTX bullet for the 30/30 outta a pre war 300 savage 99.

There is no doubt in my mind a bolt action 30/30 handload could not be very similar in preforming at 200 yards or less.

The factory Lever evolution would preform most excellent on deer IMO.
Posted By: domit Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
I know were there is a double 3030 made on a Parker 20 gage frame even still has the Parker take down case. Aaron Little makes them , saw one on here I think. he used a cz frame if memory is correct. god bless
Posted By: shaman Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
Thanks all for your ideas. I don't know why, but I thought that use of HPBT target bullets in a bolt-action 30-30 was far more prevalent.

I've got plenty of standard 30-30 bullets; I'll probably stay on the well-trodden path.

Gnoahh's idea of the cast bullet looks good as well. I've already got that mold. I will probably give it a try. After the Obama years, I'm always on the lookout for a DIY alternative.
Posted By: gldprimr Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
I would recommend Nosler 125 gr. Ballistic Tip. I loaded for a friend in 14” Contender handgun chambered in 30-30. He successfully killed deer and hogs with that no problem.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by Filaman

Mine has a 2X Leupold pistol scope on it.

I had originally tried Sierra 150 grain .30-30 bullets in a plain ol' .30-30 load. The Noslers do shoot a tighter group, though. I haven't shot it lately, so I reckon that's one more thing that needs fixing.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
I don't know offhand if Speer still makes the bullet but they did make a 130 gr flat nose in .308 dia.. I had no trouble loading them to over 2500 fps in my 24" barreled 94. The bullet was made for lever gun use. Just a thought that loaded to 2300 fps and reduced bullet weight would make for more tolerable recoil level for a young person. Personally I've allways thought that the flat nose bullets used in 30-30 & 32 Specials are responsible for the rounds effectiveness within the range parameters they were designed for. MB
Posted By: vabowhntr Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
If you want a 150 gr pointed bullet, I would highly recommend trying the 150 gr gold dot made for the 300 blk. When run at just over 2k fps it has given me sub moa accuracy out of my ruger American ranch. While I haven’t shot a deer with it yet, the gel tests show it should perform very well. At less than $15/50 it is easy to justify trying it out.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I don't know offhand if Speer still makes the bullet but they did make a 130 gr flat nose in .308 dia.. I had no trouble loading them to over 2500 fps in my 24" barreled 94. The bullet was made for lever gun use. Just a thought that loaded to 2300 fps and reduced bullet weight would make for more tolerable recoil level for a young person. MB

Sierra makes a 125 grain HP designed for the 30-30 as well.

I know of a few guys that used Ballistic Tips in the 30-30 but these were in Contenders not sure how they will work when seated to run through a bolt gun.

Performance was just fine for them on whitetails.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
I played with the pointy bullets in my Henry 30-30 for a bit. I just went back to some regular 150-grain, Midway seconds. They shoot great at regular velocities. I killed several deer with them. One was 168 yards. None of the deer went anywhere.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20

Gnoahh's idea of the cast bullet looks good as well. I've already got that mold. I will probably give it a try. After the Obama years, I'm always on the lookout for a DIY alternative.

I doubt you have that mould. smile I designed it and had Saeco make it as a custom job back in the 80's. The body length of the bullet is designed to fit neatly in the neck of the .30-30 without protruding into the powder space, and the ogive above the crimp groove is designed to fit the ball seat (throat) of typical .30-30 factory chambers, with a nose diameter of .301" to give firm support on top of the lands for a bore-riding effect. Body diameter is .310 as-cast which has given good results in many .30 rifles when custom sized to throat diameters. (Ignore groove diameter- throat diameter is key.)
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20

Yeah, I do scope mine. I sent it to a gunsmith in OK shortly after I got mine and had him run a throating reamer up into the chamber to recut the throat. Since then, it is a tack-driver that deserves an optic. I've used a 4x handgun EER scope and a 2.5-8 rifle scope. I shot the deer while using the handgun scope, but I shoot better with the rifle scope. I can see easily killing something with the gun at 200-250yds.

Mine is a 1:14, and I have had no problems stabilizing the RCBS version of the cast bullet Gnoahh posted here, as well as a Lee 200gr cast bullet, but both are about 200 grains from my alloy. The best shooting I have done with the gun is with these two cast bullets.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
I treat most of my .30 cast bullet target rifles with a 1 1/2° included angle throating creamer to create a gentle taper that seems to help ease bullets gently into the bore straight. I have a sewage die made with the same dreamer to put a matching slight taper on a select few suitable bullet designs. Every little bit helps in this game. 1/2 MOA accuracy and sometimes better, with cast bullets, is the result of a lot of anal skullduggery.

For cast bullet hunting/plinking loads in more prosaic rifles, I don't bother with such shenanigans. I just load 'em and shoot 'em.
Posted By: mrchongo Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
Other than the FTX “gummies,” I wouldn’t EVER load a pointed bullet for a .30-30. I couldn’t live with myself if somebody got hold of them, loaded them in a tubular magazine and had an accident. Wouldn’t be able to sleep at night waiting for the phone call from the shooter’s lawyer.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by mrchongo
Other than the FTX “gummies,” I wouldn’t EVER load a pointed bullet for a .30-30. I couldn’t live with myself if somebody got hold of them, loaded them in a tubular magazine and had an accident. Wouldn’t be able to sleep at night waiting for the phone call from the shooter’s lawyer.

Interesting....are you also one of those guys who think that people shouldn't be allowed to pump their own gas?
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/12/20

Sweet Jesus. I bet the white guilt is eating you up.
Posted By: Alaninga Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/13/20

It would be a great match. I’m almost there, I have a High Wall in 30/30 and it’s a lot of weight. A low wall should be perfect.
Posted By: Filaman Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/13/20

Heck, I hear people saying they just load 2 rounds, one in the chamber and one in the Mag. But then again, if in the moment you got confused it might not be good.

If you feel the need for pointy bullets in a lever gun the Flex Tips are the way to go. I've been using them since they came out. Although, I don't know why. I have never shot at anything beyond about 250-300 yards with my 94. Come to think of it, I can probably count on both hands the shots I've taken at game beyond 300 yards with any of my rifles. If I hunted out West it would be different but here in Texas most shots I've been presented with have been inside 150 yards. I like it like that.

Most shots that have presented themselves to me beyond 300 yards have been in pipe line senderos but most of those I've hunted are pretty narrow and usually by the time I see an animal in the sendero at that distance he's almost to the other side and I don't have a good shot. The exception is close to my feeder when they're interested in something besides getting to the other side and I usually set my feeder up within 100 yards of my blind.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/13/20

Heck, I hear people saying they just load 2 rounds, one in the chamber and one in the Mag. But then again, if in the moment you got confused it might not be good.

If you feel the need for pointy bullets in a lever gun the Flex Tips are the way to go. I've been using them since they came out. Although, I don't know why. I have never shot at anything beyond about 250-300 yards with my 94. Come to think of it, I can probably count on both hands the shots I've taken at game beyond 300 yards with any of my rifles. If I hunted out West it would be different but here in Texas most shots I've been presented with have been inside 150 yards. I like it like that.

Most shots that have presented themselves to me beyond 300 yards have been in pipe line senderos but most of those I've hunted are pretty narrow and usually by the time I see an animal in the sendero at that distance he's almost to the other side and I don't have a good shot. The exception is close to my feeder when they're interested in something besides getting to the other side and I usually set my feeder up within 100 yards of my blind.

Not sure what that has to do with what he posted or white guilt, but fascinating.
Posted By: Ready Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/13/20

Sorry for being silly - but that was a setup not to be missed.

"A Yute rifle" "A What?"
Posted By: shaman Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/13/20
Yute Rifles, Yute Seasons, Yute Hunting-- these used to be important concepts in our household. It dominated my thinking and writing for the better part of a decade as I had 2 sons to get through the process. My last armed yute hunt was 2014.

Now I have a granddaughter, Mooselette. She's starting the process up all over again.
You will have some great times hunting with the Grands. I still have one 18 year old grand that stays with me. He likes to shoot and fish. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: efw Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/14/20

+1

Yep me too. Those RN 150s are awesome. Look super old school
Cool too...
Posted By: Boogaloo Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/14/20

Oh Hell no...

What if in the heat of the moment you got confused and reversed the order it and ended up loading one in the Mag and then one in the Chamber...or even worse...what if you got so panicked you loaded the rounds backwards...!

About the last thing I'd do is load up some of those new fangled BT bullets with those plastic tips... you know they're gonna melt on ya...

Y'all gonna put your eye out if you're not careful...
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by Boogaloo

Oh Hell no...

What if in the heat of the moment you got confused and reversed the order it and ended up loading one in the Mag and then one in the Chamber...or even worse...what if you got so panicked you loaded the rounds backwards...!

About the last thing I'd do is load up some of those new fangled BT bullets with those plastic tips... you know they're gonna melt on ya...

Y'all gonna put your eye out if you're not careful...

Truth!

And I am very afraid, just like I should be. Scary stuff.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: 30-30 w. pointy bullets - 07/15/20
what if you got so panicked you loaded the rounds backwards...!

I guess you could say....that plan backfired....
© 24hourcampfire