Home
I know 15-25° is not cold for some of you all and your part of the world but my feet get chilly pretty quick at anything much under freezing. Most of it is because they sweat so bad.

Looking for a boot that is pretty good at those 0-25° temperatures. Right now I wear a pair of Dryshod gussets that are supposedly good for -20-65° but that's a pretty good range to be effective in that <30° temperature.

I am currently wearing a sock liner with Polartec fleece socks but under freezing I am only good for about 3 hours max. All day if I wear the Arctic Shield over boot booties but those are noisy on bottom especially for stand hunting.

I have been looking at Alphaburly 1600 gram but wonder if too much insulation will make matters worse with sweat.

Stand hunting boot only, 200-300 yard maximum walking distance from truck to stand. Usually about 150 yard walk.

I am not 100% set on rubbers if there are better options.

What are some of your alls recommendations for the under 30° temperatures? Especially for you guys that have sweaty feet and deal with same temp range.
Posted By: Brad Re: Cold feet, boots, temps <30° - 11/19/22
https://schnees.com/extreme-10/
I have some Sorel Manitou boots with a thick felt liner that are pretty warm
I have feet issues, so mine get cold real easily too, especially ice fishing.

I would actually suggest trying different socks first. Good socks can make a world of difference by themselves. I'm fond of Heat Holders, they're about 20 bucks a pair, but they help without making my feet sweat like a lot of heavy winter socks.
I use the Little Hotties heat pads for feet and use the hand warmers in my shirt pockets works great here in Alaska
https://www.littlehottieswarmers.com/
Originally Posted by zcm82
I have feet issues, so mine get cold real easily too, especially ice fishing.

I would actually suggest trying different socks first. Good socks can make a world of difference by themselves. I'm fond of Heat Holders, they're about 20 bucks a pair, but they help without making my feet sweat like a lot of heavy winter socks.
I have tried 3 or 4 different sock combinations over the years. So far what I am using seems best.
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I use the Little Hotties heat pads for feet and use the hand warmers in my shirt pockets works great here in Alaska
https://www.littlehottieswarmers.com/
I have those heated stick on insole pads. Can't even tell they heat once I get them down in my boots.

Feet are the problem, nothing else.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Sweat...exactly what your problem is..my guess anyway. I fought cold feet for several years in Alaska, finally co workers tired of my sniveling clued me in. Dumped all the heavy insulated gear...ended up with Goodyear Xtra Tuffs, a felt insole, a wool sock, and a light (almost a dress sock) wicking sock. Problem solved to minus 20. If you don't like 100% rubber, the LL Bean uninsulated hunting shoe is even better, same innersole/sock layer. Don't lace them tight...let the moist air circulate up and out. You should shoot for cool dry feet, not warm sweaty.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Sweat...exactly what your problem is..my guess anyway. I fought cold feet for several years in Alaska, finally co workers tired of my sniveling clued me in. Dumped all the heavy insulated gear...ended up with Goodyear Xtra Tuffs, a felt insole, a wool sock, and a light (almost a dress sock) wicking sock. Problem solved to minus 20. If you don't like 100% rubber, the LL Bean uninsulated hunting shoe is even better, same innersole/sock layer. Don't lace them tight...let the moist air circulate up and out. You should shoot for cool dry feet, not warm sweaty.
Why I am using a wicking liner. The felt insole would be a good idea. Otherwise your set up is just like I stated I am using.

No problems if I am working/moving. It's 3-12 hours in a stand.

I almost wonder if 1 size larger boot would help with letting air circulation and socks wouldn't be pressed right up against boot interior.
Been wearing USAF issued N1-B mukluks since I got my first pair while stationed at Elmendorf AFB. Just the ticket. YMMV
These?

https://www.amazon.com/Felt-Store-M...ot+insoles&qid=1668897781&sr=8-5
I don't know beans about the boots you have, but you say they are rated -20 to -65, and that is my point...too much of a good thing. GoodYear XtraTuffs are the Gucci of Alaska, and the originals were un -insulated. I also am clueless about a "stand"...I assume movement is bad...so my info although well meant is bad probably. Good luck. Those felt soles are exactly what I used, alternate 2 pair ... dry ones every morning.
Found these too. I wonder if a liner sock, a wool or performance sock and these in 1 sized bigger boot would help.

30 years ago I had uninsulated LaCrosse boots and used these liners but do not remember how my feet were. 17-20 years old and even if too cold I was a lot tougher.

I don't know beans about the boots you have, but you say they are rated -20 to -65, and that is my point...too much of a good thing. GoodYear XtraTuffs are the Gucci of Alaska, and the originals were un -insulated. I also am clueless about a "stand"...I assume movement is bad...so my info although well meant is bad probably. Good luck.
No movement. Sitting in 1 location all day.
Posted By: WMR Re: Cold feet, boots, temps <30° - 11/19/22
If you’re not walking in water, skip the rubber boots and get Lacrosse Ice Kings. Be sure to get them on the big size a bit. Wear a liner sock and a wool sock. Be sure the socks aren’t too tight. If needed use the chemical toe warmers. Enjoy your toasty feet.
I wear a pair of cabelas Predator boots for stand hunting. Smart wool liner socks, a pair of medium-heavy wool socks, and a toe warmer packet stuck under the toe area. A little clunky but they work. And put a heater packet in the back of your neck gaiter. Keeps your blood warmer.
Originally Posted by Brad

Yea, OK, these look great too. I now covet a pair of them. You’re gonna cost me money, man.
Sorrels with a felt insert are about the only boot that will keep my feet warm. I have a pair of Schnees with inserts and they are the coldest boot I ever wore. I mostly use the Grabber brand of full foot insoles chemical foot warmers.They are big enough cover the entire foot. Other brands do not.I also wear a pair of poly sock liners and a wool blend socks
I don't know beans about the boots you have, but you say they are rated -20 to -65, and that is my point...too much of a good thing. GoodYear XtraTuffs are the Gucci of Alaska, and the originals were un -insulated. I also am clueless about a "stand"...I assume movement is bad...so my info although well meant is bad probably. Good luck. Those felt soles are exactly what I used, alternate 2 pair ... dry ones every morning.
-20 to +75. My bad. Too much of a range in my opinion
Originally Posted by WMR
If you’re not walking in water, skip the rubber boots and get Lacrosse Ice Kings. Be sure to get them on the big size a bit. Wear a liner sock and a wool sock. Be sure the socks aren’t too tight. If needed use the chemical toe warmers. Enjoy your toasty feet.

What WMR said about losing the rubber boots. Buy a good pac boot with thick FELT liners (not chitty thinsulate, etc.), wear wool socks and your feet will stay dry and warm.
Originally Posted by WMR
Interesting actually since less insulation but heavy on the felt.

My only concern is sole design. How would these do in mud.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by WMR
Interesting actually since less insulation but heavy on the felt.

My only concern is sole design. How would these do in mud.

IMO nothing is really great in mud. Trekking poles or just old ski poles can help. I cross creeks often but my knee high rubber boots were about a foot too short once this week. THAT was some mud! It rather sucked. Too wet in that place for my Lacrosse boots.
Rubber boots are going to “save” your sweat someplace; in your socks, the liners, whatever. Get some genuine Gore-tex lined insulated boots, leather or fabric/leather. They will allow the sweat to pass out and keep your feet dry, and with enough insulation, warm. Wear good quality wool socks. My Danners are 800 gram, and I’ve never had cold feet in them, but others are available with more thinsulate.

There are other waterproof fabrics and other insulations, but your money is safely invested in Gore-tex and thinsulate.
Posted By: Brad Re: Cold feet, boots, temps <30° - 11/20/22
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Brad

Yea, OK, these look great too. I now covet a pair of them. You’re gonna cost me money, man.

Well, you could do these smile

https://schnees.com/extreme-13/
Why I am using a wicking liner. The felt insole would be a good idea. Otherwise your set up is just like I stated I am using.

I almost wonder if 1 size larger boot would help with letting air circulation and socks wouldn't be pressed right up against boot interior.

i don’t tie my Sorel’s to the top. They’re like a slip on that I can tuck my pant legs in to keep them dry.
Plenty well ventilated like this. They might be a size too large. They’re comfy.

Attached picture 27503F39-F99A-45B7-8248-46ED1C35CEA7.jpeg
My feet sweat with tight cuffs at the tops of rubber boots that are loose at the top no issues
Try putting anti perspirant on your feet.
Originally Posted by DollarShort

i don’t tie my Sorel’s to the top. They’re like a slip on that I can tuck my pant legs in to keep them dry.
Plenty well ventilated like this. They might be a size too large. They’re comfy.
Caribou?
LaCrosse Iceman pac boots have worked for me several years now. Polypropylene sock liner and Merino wool socks.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by DollarShort

Caribou?
I don’t know... says Manitou?

These are I don’t know how old.

I wear some kind of licra wool blend socks. Thick, soft, and stretchy.

Attached picture 3881A76C-1A40-4E2B-9234-DA57EBA88BFE.jpeg
For stand hunting during cold days Arctic Shield boot covers have worked great for me. I pack them in to my stand and put them on over my boots and throw in a couple heat packs and my feet are comfortable.
Originally Posted by rcbergs
For stand hunting during cold days Arctic Shield boot covers have worked great for me. I pack them in to my stand and put them on over my boots and throw in a couple heat packs and my feet are comfortable.
I have these. Noisy bottoms are my main complaint, other than that they do work.
Anybody using slip on pac boots?

https://schnees.com/hunter-pull-on/
I carry a 60” youth rectangle sleeping bag with me on my pack. Whether I’m in a climber, lock-on ot sitting on the ground I can get in the bag and zip it up and stay warm.

I hunted this morning in wool socks, un-insulated boots, a medium base layer top and bottom, thin insulated pants, a bad lands 1/4 zip, a thin vest and a jacket with the bag zipped up to my arm pits.

It was 16 degrees at daylight and it had warmed up to 36 with a 12 mph wind when I left just after noon. Never even offered to get cold.

Unfortunately it’s discontinued: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102395099?pid=804122
I think I’ll try some of these for when it’s cold but not super cold. 200 grams thinsulate. Forty bucks.

https://www.academy.com/p/magellan-outdoors-mens-pac-winter-boots?sku=brown-brown-11-d&gmc_feed=t&ogmap=SEM|PLN|GOOG|SHOP|m|FW|IM|Non-Brand-PerformanceMax-Footwear-Work-Casual-Hosiery-YouthFW|Work-Casual-Hosiery-YouthFW||18344058709|0&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItLLr2NG7-wIV8BXUAR3jnwNVEAQYByABEgJlhvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Attached picture 72ECCD37-7C51-4CD5-BB8B-F0E6BE691073.jpeg
Schnee's 10" Hunter is a great boot and easy to walk or work in all day.
I’ve always had cold feet problems with winter activities. These are the only boots that have worked for me. I think I have went through 2 pairs in probably 30 years, and I have replaced the liners in the pair I have now. They are big and bulky but they work. I don’t know if you would need them in Missouri though. I see they have changed the design a bit from the pair I have.
https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/mens/men-s-footwear/hunt/ice-king-10-brown-400g.html

Edit I’ve tried other off brand pac boots and just gave them away.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Try putting anti perspirant on your feet.

This is worth a shot. I tend to agree that sweat is likely a significant factor.

I have issue with cold feet as well. I've not solved the issue entirely but do a couple of things.

1. Keep my feet dry. I've used antiperspirant on my feet, seems to help a bit but my feet don't sweat much when it's cold.

2. Make sure your legs are warm. Bought a Sitka Incinerator set a few years back for my Whitetail hunting and instantly my feet became way better. I like the sleeping bag idea. I bought a Get Out Gear down and synthetic blanket for 3 season backpacking and will be taking one of them to PA next week when I go for the very reason of keeping my feet warm. I also wear Gaiters every time. I beleive they help keep your feet warm by providing another layer over you calf area.

3. Make sure you boots are not too tight. The toe wiggle test is not all that great. For WT stand hunting, I want a slight bit of movement from midfoot forward. I wear size 9.5 boots and usually buy size 10. I also buy an aftermarket insole to provide cushion and a layer between my feet and the ground/treestand.

This year I will also try standing on a seat pad. Boots against an aluminum grate can't be the best way to insulate your feet. A piece of carpet may work better - I'm still chewing on that one.
Posted By: JPro Re: Cold feet, boots, temps <30° - 11/20/22
Walmart sells unscented Sure spray antiperspirant for about $3. I’d pair that with the stick-on toe warmers and try it out. I wear toe warmers and wool socks when morning temps are below freezing.
Gaiters help my deal a ton.

Peet boot dryers.

Wool socks.
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
I’ve always had cold feet problems with winter activities. These are the only boots that have worked for me. I think I have went through 2 pairs in probably 30 years, and I have replaced the liners in the pair I have now. They are big and bulky but they work. I don’t know if you would need them in Missouri though. I see they have changed the design a bit from the pair I have.
https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/mens/men-s-footwear/hunt/ice-king-10-brown-400g.html

Edit I’ve tried other off brand pac boots and just gave them away.
Stand hunting boot only.

I think no movement, sitting in a blind or tree for 12 hours, no activity, minimal movement is what some seem to be missing in my original post.

10-25° degree sits in a tree stand all day.

10° is the same whether in Missouri or any other state and when in a blind or tree all day with no action other than standing/stretching or wiggling your toes things get a bit coolish.

I actually saw those LaCrosse on their site.

I like the anti perspiration idea as I know sweat is the issue.
I stopped getting cold and also lost a layer of clothes when I bought an electric heated vest before the 2021 season

It was 23 in South Carolina the other morning. I had on long John’s and the heated vest over that then a fleece and my normal light/medium weight Rivers West jacket. Lightweight pants over long John bottoms. Uninsulated knee high rubber boots over some wool socks. I was plenty warm. On the rare occasion it gets colder I add some chemical hand warmers. One toe warmer on each foot, one hand warmer in each glove, a hand warmer in my hat and I’m good. But since getting that vest I really have not needed the handwarmers

My feet sweat too. I sprung for some Le Cheameau boots a few years ago. They are leather lined which in my opinion helps a lot relative to cloth lined boots. Best rubber boots I’ve ever owned. I walk a lot during deer and turkey season - not unusual to log 10 miles in a day during turkey season and they’ve done great

The battery for the vest only lasts a few hours on half power. So in extreme conditions (which we don’t have in South Carolina) you’d need an extra battery or two or a way to recharge mid day
Originally Posted by roundoak
LaCrosse Iceman pac boots have worked for me several years now. Polypropylene sock liner and Merino wool socks.
Leave loose at the tops??
You might have too much boot on? I have some Irish Setter something or other. 600grams.

I used to wear 1000gr insulate or some Ice Mans and my feet would still get cold.

They were getting sweaty and then cold quickly.

I found good wool or smart wool socks and loose boots make warmer feet.

Actually that probably would help.

Sounds kinda silly but also an anti-perspirant spray on your feet might too.
Originally Posted by tzone
You might have too much boot on? I have some Irish Setter something or other. 600grams.

I used to wear 1000gr insulate or some Ice Mans and my feet would still get cold.

They were getting sweaty and then cold quickly.

I found good wool or smart wool socks and loose boots make warmer feet.
Could be too much boot.

I wear liners and have tried Filson wool, Carhartt wool, off brand wool and now have some Polartec fleece socks. So far this season I have been okay as long as I use the Arctic Shield insulated boot cover.

High of about 24° Friday, I didn't put the insulators on once I sat and about 2 hours into a 3 hour sit my feet were cold.

Our typical weather during mid November isn't usually this cold. I think this morning was upper teens, been that way for a few days. It's the late December muzzleloader season that concerns me the most or any other late season archery hunting from a tree.

Once again all day sits, the only walk is to the stand.
It’s gotta be sweat. Same situation I was in. We mostly stand hunt.

I can sit on stand now for up to 3 hours with uninsulated boots with a good smart wool or wool sock with temps in the 20 degree range.

Rubber boots are not good for me. Sweat fast since they don’t breathe.
Got to thinking.

I wear a liner sock, wool sock, thermal underwear and a pair of fleece camo pants.

I always tuck my pants down in my boots, makes those boots tighter through the calf and I am betting less air circulation up around my calf.

I am wondering if I would be better off losing the fleece pants and just using a liner sock, thermal underwear then put my boots on and then my insulated bibs over top of all of that. Get more air flow up out of the boots with less constriction around lower leg.

Wear my normal upper body layers. Performance LS shirt, flannel or sweatshirt and parka with neck gaiter and stocking cap.
Worth a shot.
Use hand warmers, or bigger body warmer, tape them over the toe box on your boot. Elec tape works fine.

Then use artic shield overboot.

I sat in a pop up blind for 60 hours in Saskatchewan and never got cold feet...wore felt liner pac boots there.

Back east, I just tape the handwarmer on 400g boots if I need a little kicker .

I sat in my stand 6 hrs yesterday morning in low 20 degree temp. Thin sock liner, alpaca socks, 400g boots.

Was fine, didn't use any hand warmers on the boots.
I’d keep the fleece pants and cut the long johns off above the calf.
I swear by these. It was 11 with the windchill this morning when I put them on. Wearing just my Danner Pronghorn with one layer of wool sock. Throw a small hand warmer in each and my feet are the most comfortable part of me right now. I’ll put them on in the tree stand too if it’s cold enough. Yes they can be noisy but you can learn to work with it. Even bunny boots don’t work as well IMHO.
Posted By: cbay Re: Cold feet, boots, temps <30° - 11/20/22
Darn tough merino socks made the biggest difference last couple years. Been slow to change with all the new fancy stuff but received a pair as a gift and was like holy cow what have I been missing.
Definitely bests my old cotton socks. Went and paid the scary price and got a couple more pairs!
Originally Posted by bbassi
I swear by these. It was 11 with the windchill this morning when I put them on. Wearing just my Danner Pronghorn with one layer of wool sock. Throw a small hand warmer in each and my feet are the most comfortable part of me right now. I’ll put them on in the tree stand too if it’s cold enough. Yes they can be noisy but you can learn to work with it. Even bunny boots don’t work as well IMHO.
These are what I have. They have some sort of rubber or poly bottom. About like a 60 grit sandpaper. Not quiet at all as they sound like a noisy zipper. I have a fleece coat that the zipper went tits in on and I will probably cut me some bottoms out of it to glue on the bottom of these.
https://www.arcticshieldoutdoor.com/boot-insulators---realtree-edge/5637324158.p
I was going to suggest that 10ga. It’s not like you are walking in them.
I was going to suggest that 10ga. It’s not like you are walking in them.
If you had these on you would see how noisy they are.

Not bad on the ground in the dirt but as the video shows if on stand there is no way.

I have both extremes and Hunter IIs. For the conditions he’s describing, I think the Hunter IIs are both adequate and more versatile.
Originally Posted by elkaddict
I have both extremes and Hunter IIs. For the conditions he’s describing, I think the Hunter IIs are both adequate and more versatile.
Schnees?
Leave loose at the tops??

Yes, sir.
Posted By: TTS Re: Cold feet, boots, temps <30° - 11/21/22
I've had the same problem for years. This year I bought a pair of Steger Mukluks, Yukon's. A pair of heavy alpaca wool socks. Feet never got cold for once. Not the best for walking in rough terrain, but very quiet. Bought one size up and extra wide width. Plenty of room to move my foot around in. Worked great for me. Tom

My experience is Yes...going 1 size larger and I can definitely tell a positive difference. My go to is Muck Chore Boot...Eastern hunting, mostly blind or stand and they are good for me with a liner sock and quality thick wool sock down to 30. Mucks are whole size so they are 1/2 size larger than I wear anyway. Same or similar style boot 1 size larger than the Muck's and I'm good into the teens with same sock combo. The 1 size larger boots I have are LaCrosse that a buddy gave me years ago. The only downside for me is if I have to walk too far with the bigger boots...socks will stat to slip.
Insulated or non in the Pronghorns?
I get sweaty feets too, and have not been a proponent of a total rubber boot (had to wear the mickey mouse boots in winter training). I bought a pair of Alpha Burley a few years back, wore them Saturday morning , sitting ....single digits to low teens, windy, feets stayed warm! I also started being more disciplined with the anti perspirant and foot powder....phooking A!
Who's tried electric socks? I have an electric vest that works very well but haven't tried socks. The vest will run on high for 8 hrs with a 20k mah power pack. If your feet get too warm, you can turn the socks down or off.
Insulated or non in the Pronghorns?
400s
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Who's tried electric socks? I have an electric vest that works very well but haven't tried socks. The vest will run on high for 8 hrs with a 20k mah power pack. If your feet get too warm, you can turn the socks down or off.

I bought a paid from Cabelas years ago. The brand is Nordic Gear Sport. They run on 1 D battery for each sock. They are better than advertised IMO and will light a fire under my feet. I had to wear liner socks just to keep my toes from burning. The downside, if there really is one from having warm feet on a truly cold day in the stand, is that the batteries last for a "claimed" 6 hours. They can get expensive to keep going.
Guys, Rifle season tree stand hunter on the Allegheny Front in Western Md, WV. Feet sweat no matter what even tried the prescription for Drisol extreme anti-perspirant.
I have used the Ice Breaker Boot Blankets they actually work but as stated they are big, bulky, noisy and one more item to carry.
WV opener yesterday was 15 degrees, I tried the Gerbing rechargeable insole and actually had to turn them off of high. They seem to last long enough on low that I did not get cold feet at all. Worth a try also open to any other suggestions as my feet are my weakness. I do change socks after my hike in of 1.3 miles.
Doc called it hyper hydrosis. Botox shots were recommended but sorry I passed on needles in the feet!
I've tried every kind of boot, nothing works for me, my feet get chronically cold when sitting, not so much when moving, blood pools in your feet when sitting and chills quickly, at least in my case. The toe warmers as suggested by others are the only thing that works for me and they are easy to use, just stick them to your insoles and you never know they are there. Taking a pack with me to Kansas nest week with my uninsulated hiking boots.
First thing I'd suggest is to ditch the fleece socks and get a good, pair of wool socks. I like the Darn Tough Hunter sock.

My rubber boots gave out a couple years ago and since then I've been using NEOS Overboots. I just wear my uninsulated boots in them and have had no problems with cold feet down to -25º. They are like a more rugged version of the Artic Shield and have a sole so you can walk in them.
Originally Posted by pointer
First thing I'd suggest is to ditch the fleece socks and get a good, pair of wool socks. I like the Darn Tough Hunter sock.

My rubber boots gave out a couple years ago and since then I've been using NEOS Overboots. I just wear my uninsulated boots in them and have had no problems with cold feet down to -25º. They are like a more rugged version of the Artic Shield and have a sole so you can walk in them.
Have tried 3 other wool sock brands. Fleece is new this year and best so far.

I am going to ditch the rubbers and probably go uninsulated or 200 gram with liner socks and wool or fleece. New boot will dictate which.

Up 1 size too.
My feet rarely get real cold, but I rarely stay in one place more than an hour, 2 hours max. If I start getting cold, I get to movin.'

My go to has been uninsulated boots (Danner, White's, Lowa) with 1 pair of DarnTough or Smartwool socks.

That said, Roger's has a pretty good sale going on LaCrosse boots, so I'm giving the Alphaburly-Pro 800 grams a dance. Just to check 'em out.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/LaCrosse-Alphaburly-Pro-18-Brown-800G
i quit wearing insulated boots period and only wear rubber boots when I am stand hunting the entire time. I have found non insulated boots, good wool socks and 'boot blankets keep my feet the warmest
Posted By: gdc2 Re: Cold feet, boots, temps <30° - 11/23/22
Spray your feet with unscented anti-perspirant spray then use thin/regular weight merino socks in a 7mm Lacrosse Aerohunter Sport boot
Originally Posted by gdc2
Spray your feet with unscented anti-perspirant spray then use thin/regular weight merino socks in a 7mm Lacrosse Aerohunter Sport boot

Will try this
When I hunt at home my hunt is just like yours. Couple hundred yards truck to stand. Sunday it was 12 degrees and blowing NW20 gusting to 28. I too suffered from cold feet for a long time. Some things I have learned. Stop the sweat , I use a product called Carpe on my feet. I start about a week before the season and keep it going till I'm done. Thorlo synthetic socks will wick moisture away from your foot. Those disposable foot warmers mentioned earlier are like god send. I also wear a an older pair of Sorel pack boots with the felt liners and air bob sole. The more distance between your feet and the cold steel of the stand the better. I take the liners out at night and put them on a boot dryer , they are good to go in the morning. Haven't been cold in years since I started doing this. Hope it helps. Cold feet sux.
Everyone talks about boots, but something that few people ever mention is circulation. Being in good shape to start with does help keep you warm because your circulatory system is working well. Then think about where the blood supply for your feet is coming from. Most of us layer our core with layers of polypropylene, wool, down, fleece, nylon... but how much insulation are you layering over the largest muscle group in your body your buttocks and thighs? Keeping that femoral artery area better insulated is going to keep your lower extremity temperature higher. Just like they say that keeping your head and neck warmer where your blood supply is closer to the surface, will help keep the rest of you warmer. My puffy parka pants are just as important as the parka itself, and more so for maintaining warm feet.
You aren't BSing me are ya??
You aren't BSing me are ya??

laugh laugh

I used a pair of Dickies wool socks last week. My feet were sweating before I even got to my boots. Yep...cold feet after about 2 hours and it wasn't even that cold out. Maybe 15-20* F.
Look for a product called "Sweat Block" for hands and feet. Total game changer. It takes a week or two to totally stop the sweat but it works! Your feet will actually feel weird because there will be no moisture. This has helped my feet stay warm far more than socks, amount of insulation in the boot, etc.

It comes in a stick, roll on, lotion and wipes. I've used the lotion and got it off Amazon.
© 24hourcampfire