Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I've got an email address and a phone # if it will help a LEO out. The # he called me from shows up as an Ohio #.

"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt."
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He is on the dog forum , trying to get input on a good guard dog

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We've run into this in the store as well. That address is way to familiar, but I can't say for sure if its the same person. I'll do some digging.

On another note, we got scammed out of some high dollar optics a while back. Seven orders, different names all to the same address. Credit card charges were denied and we started digging.I called the sheriff's department in the county and before I finished my sentence, she told me the address that I'd called about. The dispatcher turned me over to the Postal Service and I spoke at length with her about the case. I filed our claim and was then told that the ATF, FBI and Department of Homeland Security were involved. Evidently, this was way bigger than us!

We'll never see the money or optics again. Lots of crooks out there...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MWN
If he's doing this kind of stuff, he's probably good for other things; food stamp fraud, disability fraud, not paying child support, warrants for failure to appear in court, etc. He's probably doing similar scams with Snap -on tools, high end power tools, etc. And he'll probably try to refine his act and resurface on these sites again too.

He probably lives within a couple miles (within sight, down the street, across the street?) of the address he's using. He didn't pull that address out of thin air, and his name is probably Greg, Cooper, or something close to that as he's figured out a way to cash/deposit the checks. He's probably been arrested and been in the Pulaski County Jail; drunk driving, domestic assault, unpaid tickets, etc.

Hopefully within our network there is an LEO in the Little Rock area that can do an hour or two of appropriate snooping as it will probably lead to an arrest. This guy has left some tracks and is catchable.

Sounds like you have some LEO experience!!!! LOL

GA precision all day long
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 59 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,580
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.