Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Would Trump meet that dimocrap snake Comey and not have it recorded to protect himself knowing, as we do from the suckers on the Fire, how they have no compunction against lying?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well maybe he did the tweet to force Comey into telling the truth about their meeting?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Which also sent a message to everyone else in the world: "Hey dipchit, I am probably recording this meeting so keep everything on the up and up!"

ETA: Trump did not say there are no tapes. He said he did not make and does not have such recordings (i.e. the intelligence agencies might have something, or Trump instructed the IC to bug the WH, either way the IC *might* have something).

Last edited by bigfish9684; 06/22/17.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Which also sent a message to everyone else in the world: "Hey dipchit, I am probably recording this meeting so keep everything on the up and up!"

ETA: Trump did not say there are no tapes. He said he did not make and does not have such recordings (i.e. the intelligence agencies might have something, or Trump instructed the IC to bug the WH, either way the IC *might* have something).

Seriously doubt that. He made the first innuendo long before this was the full out witch hunt and political hot potato it is now. Comey's testimony after that basically exonerated Trump from any wrong doing, I doubt he would add new fuel to the finally dying outrage by being less than forthcoming with all eyes on him.

If the intelligence community had tapes, Comey would've known about it since it would be relevant to any Russia investigation. My bet is no tapes between him and Comey exist.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Seriously doubt that. He made the first innuendo long before this was the full out witch hunt and political hot potato it is now. Comey's testimony after that basically exonerated Trump from any wrong doing, I doubt he would add new fuel to the finally dying outrage by being less than forthcoming with all eyes on him.

If the intelligence community had tapes, Comey would've known about it since it would be relevant to any Russia investigation. My bet is no tapes between him and Comey exist.

Seriously doubt what, exactly?

Here's exactly what Trump said:
"With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea...
...whether there are "tapes" or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings."

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

"With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea...
...whether there are "tapes" or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings."

I seriously doubt there are tapes. Whether there is tapes that Trump knows exists and is not saying, doesn't know exists, or the intelligence community has them and has not released them or told anybody they exist. Any scenario, I don't believe they ever were there or we would know about it by now.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Understood.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Bingo. Thats what im hoping BF. About time to twist some words with those pos lying turds.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well maybe he did the tweet to force Comey into telling the truth about their meeting?

I'd say you are really close on this theory. Intentional or not, I believe it did end up keeping Comey honest. Would you testify before Congress and deny that you did indeed tell Trump 3 times he wasn't under investigation if you thought there was a chance the conversations were recorded? Or that Trump told him if any satellites in his administration were colluding with Russia he wanted to know about it? All vindicated Trump on the collusion conspiracy.

Trump never actually stated there were tapes. His official tweet was... “James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Hope being the operative word. If that was intentional to keep Comey guessing and honest, it was genius because Comey was very forthcoming about those conversations when giving his last testimony.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I'd say you are really close on this theory. Intentional or not, I believe it did end up keeping Comey honest. Would you testify before Congress and deny that you did indeed tell Trump 3 times he wasn't under investigation if you thought there was a chance the conversations were recorded? Or that Trump told him if any satellites in his administration were colluding with Russia he wanted to know about it? All vindicated Trump on the collusion conspiracy.

Trump never actually stated there were tapes. His official tweet was... “James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Hope being the operative word. If that was intentional to keep Comey guessing and honest, it was genius because Comey was very forthcoming about those conversations when giving his last testimony.

Some would say that tweet and the two from today are written in 'legalese' and I would agree. They don't read like Trump's normal tweets. I'm not saying Trump didn't write them or didn't have legal advice before sending those three out as Trump had read enough legalese over the years in business to know how to write them. I'm just saying they don't read like his normal covfefe.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm just saying they don't read like his normal covfefe.

Lol

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
#TwoScoops4Life

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

By saying he has no idea, he shot this comment down.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Trump's a cagey old fox - he put the idea into Comey's head that there might be tapes - just to see his reaction and get him to show his hand which he did...
He's no dummy our POTUS!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Would Trump meet that dimocrap snake Comey and not have it recorded to protect himself knowing, as we do from the suckers on the Fire, how they have no compunction against lying?

Well, maybe, he shares the same compunction from time to time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Or because he's not all that bright.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Or because he's not all that bright.

Could be. We remember how well recordings worked for Nixon.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.