Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So we can get pass all the slop shoveled out on the other thread....

Talked to a Sierra Senior Tech again this morning...There isn't any pictures coming....not after the insults I got... I don't owe a picture to prove something I said to anyone... lets get pass that,

The bullet failed... not to any fault of the Bullet nor Sierra... Strictly an operator error scenario...

Purchased the bullets from Sportsmans in Sept and called Sierra, for load data and any information about the new bullet... 90 grain, 6mm Game Changer....

The tech them pretty told me it was similar to a Ballistic Tip, or any other plastic tip bullet on the market.. it was designed to open as low as 1800 fps or lower....When I asked about the load I planned to use, I was told that would be fine...within 200 yds, the bullet would be fine...

Well at 150 yds, evidently that wasn't fine....Post mordum showed the bullet hit behind the shoulder, it went thru between two ribs going in and the same exiting... both pencil sized holes...of course....
When the deer stumbled down hill into the brush, it was finally away from all the does running back and forth in front of it...thru the brush in openings I took three shots at it.. each time hitting brush.. so no other damage.. after he went under the heavy bush behind a log, I had reloaded but he never left.. watched that for 15 to 20 minutes.. no movement.. beyond that point if he would have gone further, a shot or two would have been in an open area.. it didn't happen..

What I got from the Sierra tech on both Thursday, and the one I talked to this morning after I had been told to call back on Monday and talk to one of the Senior Techs....this was what I was told after I was asked a couple of questions....

1. They had a Monday Morning Management, and one of the first things on the agenda, was the poor job that has been done, explaining the line to the customers period.

2. The bullet is designed to be very hard.. and is intended for larger tougher game...

3. The velocity I had my load, set to, was not fast enough to take full advantage of the bullet and even was at or below is lowest performance intended velocity.

4. The bullet would have at least performed if I managed to hit bone... I didn't.

5. A 110 lb blacktail would have been like shooting the bullet thru an pumpkin....

So" the failure" is due to poor communication with the first tech... My LOAD. which means OPERATOR ERROR, poor luck, passing thru ribs on both sides and not hitting anything solid

The deer passed due to collapsed lungs, instead of bleeding out....

So the "failure" was in no way attributed to Sierra, nor the bullet itself....

The best comment on the entire thread, came from Scott/Steelhead.....and is a good lesson learned on the campfire.. ( I am guilty of having better faith in some of my forum membership, than I got)...Don't tell a story until it is completely over with... my intention was about a bullet which I could see had failed...season beginning, several folks were asking about them.. hence why I posted my experience...otherwise it would never have seen the light of day... the thread was about a bullet performance....

Immediately Tzone, asked about why was the deer left unretrieved.. and the rest of the folks piled in on top of that, like some sort of Antifa Dog pile....We're all experienced hunters here.. being here 15 years, people should know that.. didn't feel or even think I had to explain the obvious.. guess I was wrong....

some of you really were dumb enough to think me or anyone else around here would shoot an animal.. leave it lay, come on line and say so, after the Safariman massacre? or think the first thing I'd do was call Sierra, before calling friends for help?.. and not be out there first thing in the morning equipped to pull it out and retrieve it? Or I wouldn't have emptied my magazine at it, with decent shots, instead of just slinging lead for the sake of slinging it? Evidently many of ya didn't think I'm that smart... Thanks for the vote of confidence...You just thought me or anyone else besides yourself, would have just left an animal out there, came home and posted it on line, had a beer and watch tv for the rest of the night?

Skeen or kane, whatever, mentioned how it shows something about someone's true character.. well he's right... not about me, about some of the posters who ought to look in the mirror at themselves before giving no one any faith, and just start slandering them and pissing all over them.... yeah thanks once again...

and as Forrest Gump said... that's about all I have to say about that....minus one PM I have to send to thank one campfire member personally....in Minnesota....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

HR IC

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Legitimate question, Sierra said these are intended for tough game and not really intended for deer? Are they suggesting staying with the gameking/prohunter for thin skinned game? I need to call them tomorrow myself, I'd had alot of hope for these for whitetails.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Quit trying to turn this around on everyone else. Folks were in the right to go after you, because in the original post you mentioned nothing about going after the deer the next day. The other posters were being ethically minded hunters, and they shouldn't be attacked because of your screw up.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So now you say you shot at the buck a bunch after the first shot when in the first thread you said you had no shot? Your second story is so different sounding from the first I'm really confused. Which story are you forgetting in?

No photos cause we don't deserve it? Give me a break....

I'm not even trying to give you a hard time but brother, goodness gracious...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by GregW
So now you say you shot at the buck a bunch after the first shot when in the first thread you said you had no shot? Your second story is so different sounding from the first I'm really confused. Which story are you forgetting in?

No photos cause we don't deserve it? Give me a break....

I'm not even trying to give you a hard time but brother, goodness gracious...

Your reading comprehension is unbelievable! I didn't read anywhere that Seafire made the claim he had "No" shot! HE SAID he didn't get a "CLEAR" shot!!!! I don't really expect you to comprehend that so by all means carry on in stupidity.

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 10/15/18.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Legitimate question, Sierra said these are intended for tough game and not really intended for deer? Are they suggesting staying with the gameking/prohunter for thin skinned game? I need to call them tomorrow myself, I'd had alot of hope for these for whitetails.

Hey Jackoff,

If you don't mind could you report on what the word is from Sierra. Thanks

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You didn’t p.m. me to thank me. You bitched and whined just like you are on here. What a fuggin drama queen,

Last edited by tzone; 10/15/18.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
LMAO at Trithtan.... Classic woman...

No clear shot is no shot. For the record,did you know you are the laughing stock of the forum? You talk out of your ass, trying to fit in sooo hard....

It's awesome you are defending this whole ordeal. You are doing good living up to your reputation. You go girl....

Ask muledeer a question about how to aim or something might be a better spot to post....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Krystan is the gift that keeps on giving.

Seafire, you seem like a nice old range rat and I wish you no ill will, but fer cryin out loud man, STFU.

This thing was dead.

You started another thread.

You must be sick in the head.

Did you hear what I was trying to tell you just now when you were expecting me to rhyme some schit?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JSMFH...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by GregW
LMAO at Trithtan.... Classic woman...

No clear shot is no shot. For the record,did you know you are the laughing stock of the forum? You talk out of your ass, trying to fit in sooo hard....

It's awesome you are defending this whole ordeal. You are doing good living up to your reputation. You go girl....

Ask muledeer a question about how to aim or something might be a better spot to post....

Uh huh !!! ........so now the word clear and No mean the same thing in the English dictionary. Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying that the English language now means what you say it means dipshit.

Do you even know what an adjective is?

A simple ok I can see I was wrong and than STFU would have been a better option for you

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 10/15/18.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Obviously someone has to go down and attach the rope/winch cable to the deer. Does the hooker-upper get to ride up the hill on top of the deer like a slow furry uphill toboggan?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by tzone
You didn’t p.m. me to thank me. You bitched and whined just like you are on here. What a fuggin drama queen,

Stop bitching and whining like a drama queen about not getting a PM 😁😁😁

Trystan

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sportsman warehouse selling them cheap. I grabbed 3 boxes of 140 .277 for $18.99 these are the 50 count box. If I ever [bleep] up I pray to baby Jesus trystan doesn't come to my defense..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Ballistic tips are HARD now?

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by peeshooter
Ballistic tips are HARD now?

Ballistic tips have been through several changes and now have the same jackets as Accubonds well most do. The BT you were shooting 27yrs ago are not BT you are shooting today.l

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Anecdotal

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Quit trying to turn this around on everyone else. Folks were in the right to go after you, because in the original post you mentioned nothing about going after the deer the next day. The other posters were being ethically minded hunters, and they shouldn't be attacked because of your screw up.

The issue has been explained in a more than satisfactory manner, now the question is why you won't let it go?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Seafire I didn't see were you stated we don't deserve a picture,I'd like to see the photo's and wound/damage this bullet caused. Do you have a picture and would you please share it?
If you are going to go through all this trouble to post about the performance of the gamechanger why not post the photo's as a follow up?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Oh never mind
"There isn't any pictures coming....not after the insults I got... I don't owe a picture to prove something I said to anyone... lets get pass that, "

Very telling

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,821 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,290
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.