Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...owflat/Number/1511172/page/1#Post1511172

More here, it's a long PDF, I browsed it. Seems that ALL powder, smokeless and black, pellets, primers are classified as explosives under this proposal and transportation and storage will be greatly affected.

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

eek mad

Last edited by Sitka deer; 07/04/07.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
But...they said they were just after assault rifles...

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This SUCKS, .....big time.

Occurs to me that we're about to see one of the last great Family oriented outdoor Recreation activities in place at this time regulated outta' existance, ......while outfits like MS 13, and other assorted creeps are in an ascendancy.

I can tell you from personal experience that,on a busy year of BPCR competition, going through 50LB. of Black ain't that hard to do.......How does one "stock up" for that?

Damn shame to see this, and now the Muzzies will have one more source of ire.........focused in their general direction......

Hivernans, Ronnyvooers, and Buffalo Hunters.

Any youze' noticed a dearth of "Strike Anywhere" kitchen matches?
......that sorta' sucks, too.

This is indeed troubling.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps as puzzling is the lack of hoots and hollers over this here at the Campfire? Am I missing something?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Them Dirty Lowdown scum bags, looks to me like they are trying an end around using another agency. Guess i have some writing to do after i get home. mad Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You fellas that haven't read this ought to be payin' attention here. Several of the Powder companies are workin' this without much success and the wording I got out of the OSHA web site link (Explosives) says in short form....there will be no more reloading components, black powder or ammo shipped by any form other than common carrier. OHSA is looking to shut the shooting sports down....you need to be rattlin' some cages up in Washington really quick or our shooting sports are toast....and not a shot fired in reply. frown

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How did you get the search engine to find the stuff on powder etc. I could not find anything.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From BPCR.....net, and our esteemed Steve Garbe

titled " Black Powder Banned "

"I hope that thread headline made you mad.

It will be true unless more of us don't get off our collective dead-asses and jack up the NRA about the new proposed OSHA regulations. The number to call at the NRA is 202-651-2560. Raise hell, find out what they are doing about this...this is exactly what you pay your membership dues for.

Call your Congessmen...most don't know that this is even being proposed. OSHA gets it's money from Congress.

Unless we unleash a storm of protest, this thing is going to happen.

Everyone has time to post on the web concerning myriad topics of small importance...well, here's one that is pretty damn important and I would say worthy of more than just a passing glance. The Schumer Crowd is trying to slip this past us. They don't want to take our guns...just the ammmunition.

Make the calls, get your buddies to make the calls, generally become a very active and pissed-off American gun owner.

Hillary is counting on you to be "too busy."

Gute Ziele,

Steve Garbe "

I could not agree with Steve more, and can see this whole
"New Regulations" thing shrouded in a fog of beauocratic deception.........truly Machaeivelian in it's evil brilliance, abhorent in it's implications,and loathsome in principle.

CARVE away at this, ....please, and let's kill it, like the immigration bill.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OK......Log onto :

Link: www.regulations.gov

use "search option 4",

select "Document I.D"

enter " OSHA-2007-0032-0001"

You're going to bring up a really turgid bucket of muck.

......scroll down to page 18800 ( is that ACTUALLY how many new OSHA regs have been written this year ?)......

Halfway down the right column, there's OSHA's new definitions of explosives, and this includes ALL handloading components, not just BP.......

Note that the UNITED NATIONS standards now apply to YOUR ammunition, and ammo components, and availability......here in the "Homeland". ( and no, this is Not making me feel secure )

Quick as I figure out how to cut and paste individual excerpts outta' this interminably murky piece of regul;atory crap, ....I'll put 'em up.

In don't feel like I'm crying wolf here, friends, .....
I feel like a pack of 'ems' chewin on my leg.

Appreciate alla' youze checkin' this out, and reacting to it.

later,

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This, from page 18800............

"Osha has changed the definition of "Blasting Agent" in the proposed standard to update it and make it consistant with the definition used by DOT and THE UNITED NATIONS GLOBALLY HARMONIZED SYATEM OF CLASSIFICATION AND LABELING OF CHEMICALS EXPLOSIVES CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM." (emphasis, mine)

and further down........:

"...............the term would include Dynamite, Black Powder,
dteonators, blasting agents, initiating explosives, blasting caps, safety fuse, fuse lighters, fuse ignitors, squibs, cordeau detonant fuse, instantaneous fuse, igniter cord, igniters, pyrotechnics, special industrial explosive materials,
SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION, PRIMERS, SMOKELESS PROPELLANT,(again, emphasis mine), cartridges for propellant actuated power devices ,and cartridges for industrial guns"

.................We've apparently got 'til the 12 of this month to stomp all over this nonsense.

it DOES need stomped on, ....too.

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
btt

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This sure doesn't seem to be getting any legs......

WTF, ......over?

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I think that I'll look into this and give Kay Baily Hutchison's office a call....This is serious boys!!!!

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dan Said: "Perhaps as puzzling is the lack of hoots and hollers over this here at the Campfire? Am I missing something?"

my answer , right this moment......?

Beats the krap outta' me.

I really don't want to have to start raiding Mexican "Comandancias" for ammo, cuz I can't get components here.

If it does come to that, how many of you will be crazy enough to ride along on that stunt....?

GTC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Digital Dan,

Maybe all this needs is to have the subject line changed to something like "OSHA to ban Handloading".

I know I skipped over it a couple times myself and haven't even seen it anywhere else.

I agree we all need to jump on this one.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks, twodogs.......D.D. and I spoke a while ago, he's got some shade, in an area with chores to do, and will be back, ...pretty pronto...

I think this thing needs a "sticky".....Krap, we've got ,
...what,like 10 days...?, and "Government Holidays, to boot.....

Guess it's that ole' "Eternal Vigilance" thing sneaking back up on us, ....no....?

GTC

Agree, the title of this thread needs more oomph.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/02/07.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This thread is starting to remind me of a thalidomide baby.

....just won't get up.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dunno' 'bout Roswell Aliens.......

THIS is very real though........

GTC

M
M
I posted this on another forum. Seems alot of folks think it wont affect their particular form of shooting.

Michael

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It's a move so typically bureaucratic....burying chitt deep in a bucket so nobody will stick their nose in somebody else's business. Well, it do stink I think, and they(OSHA)sure don't make it easy to spread the news as it's all buried in a PDF of over 50 pages filled with more arcane verbiage than the average Massachuchitts Senator is full of. Under the radar....looking like a Three Stepper to me, this one is. I wouldn't be the least surprised to find the fingerprints of a Schumer/Boxer/Feinstein/etc. on this one...back door deals, no legislation to hoot about, just "rules" that carry the full weight of law.

I just ordered a couple of primers and a dash of powder. That'll hold me for a little while, this being summer and so forth. I do hope it's unnecessary...if so I won't feel like a fool, just be shooting a little more.

I am..........disturbed.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 79 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,881
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.