-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got the neoprene mat that goes on the floor of the Summit and the noise is gone and its not slippery.

Rob
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by harv3589
I got the neoprene mat that goes on the floor of the Summit and the noise is gone and its not slippery.

Which is a great idea for those that have them already, but for someone in the market to buy why add on something else to carry?

I guess I should add that no climber stand does it all. You have to give something up to get someting else. You just have to figure out what means the most to your style of hunting and go with it.

If it's comfortable to sit and sleep in , it's going to be heavy cumbersome and harder to set up. If it's an ultra light it will be easy to carry , setup, but it might not be a stand to sleep in etc....

For instance..I was actually going to buy the Lone Wolf sit and climb but I can't stand being locked into the seat. I don't like arm rests or those rails that go all the way around. I need to be free to move around quietly, and I like the gun to rest across my lap while sitting. I use a hand muff and keep my hands in the muff over the gun with the gun locked into my body over my lap. I don't like resting the gun on rails cause it's too easy for something bad to happen etc.. that's why it's perfect for me. It is also easy to bang the gun against the rails by accident and spook the buck you were about to shoot. Also, I don't believe in sleeping or lounging in the woods, so it forces me to stay alert etc... What works for me might not work for you, it depends on what matters most to you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It might add extra weight but I am not packing it too far and I wanted a tree stand that I could sit in all day in the extreme cold when hunting Sask whitetails...I also picked up the cover they offer that wraps around the stand. It's great as well, insulated and really cuts the wind.

Rob
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I've got 2 climbers that I use on my Oct. Bow and Nov. Rifle hunting trips to NW Wi. The Ol' Man Multi Vision is by far the most comfortable to sit for 6+ hours, It also is super secure feeling if you wanna snooze a bit (Not that I'd know anything about THAT).. Link.. These are pretty easy to set-up, but are a good bit heavier than the Lone Wolf Hand Climber, which is by far, quicker to set-up and light as heck. This is my favorite, if I'm heading deep, or sitting for 2-4 hours (4 is pushing it with this one..) I may get the sit and climb upper this year, to try out, for longer sits, way back..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by nonameguy
Do they have brats in Abbotsford?

Have you ever heard of Wausau?

Southerners.......grin

IC B2

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Sarcasm at it's finest...I'm a whole thirty minutes from Abbotsford.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've Had'm all,And Won't Trade my API Grand slam for all of them put together.My Older API weights in at 18 Pound's.And Can Be on the tree in 1 Minute and ready to Climb. Feel's safer than any of the Others, I've owned. If they make a better one, I'd sure Buy it.I Usally set 8-10 hours a day on a good Buck,And as much as a week at a time. as for as the Lone Wolf. It was one of the worst stand I've ever been in. Kinda Like a Modern Baker stand.Pick what fit you and be safe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have used the others and still say for ease of carry, climb and comfort give me a loggy bayou.I bow hunt a lot from a climber and can't like the restriction of alot of the stands mentioned,I prefer all opened and no sides to confine me.YMMV

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 14,631 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,807
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.