Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Fireball: Biden? Afghanistan?? You really think that's comparable?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Wow!

A 3 way tie for Campfire’s stupidest:

Fireball
Elkslayer91
Smokepole

All moving Callnum, Paddler and a couple other losers, down the group W bench.

I might be in the top 5 for arguing with those clowns, but no way I'm in the top three.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Well this thread was.....khgunty.

My opinions on the OP are:

1) The muzzleloader was a dumbass for taking the shot he did and should fry.

2) If I was bowhunting elk, I'd be wearing orange because it just might keep me from getting shot by a dumbass.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The 2nd commandment of hunter safety is know your target and what's beyond.

Had the pleasure of teaching 45 people ages from 7-57 hunter safety this week. They miss this question on the test, they fail. Happy to say we awarded 45 hunter safety certificates.

If memory serves, every hunter born after 1949 has to have a hunter safety cert in CO. So if you're over 72, you don't need one.

Shooter is negligent, pure and simple.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by smokepole
I should have asked what your interest is, other than to blame "fish and game" and advocate "suing them into oblivion."
Earlier in this thread, you went on and on about "what's wrong with this country" or some such BS. I'll tell you what's wrong with this country, it's people who don't want to accept personal responsibility for their F*CK-ups and want to sue someone else for them.
Well, let's see.
Biden is getting blamed for the deaths of 13 American soldiers because he made the decision that laid the groundwork for the situation that got them killed, right? Biden didn't pull the trigger, but he was responsible for and created the situation where these soldiers got killed. We're all on the same page with that, right?
By the same logic, fish and game made a decision to overlap archery elk with firearms elk that cost a bowhunter his life. It was a stupid decision, imo, as a bowhunter.
Even if you find the analogy distasteful, how can there be one and not the other? Decisions have consequences, and fish and game are solely responsible for the decision to overlap those seasons, and a person is dead as a result.
The public domain belongs to all citizens involved in legal activity. There are lots of folks out there doing things besides hunting. Hunter orange is a fairly recent thing in big game hunting. Louisiana came up with that regulation in the 1970s.I guess it is a good idea for bird watchers, hikers, picnickers, dog walkers, etc. to wear orange but the responsibility for shooting another human lies strictly on the shooter. I don't call it murder but there sure ought to be a huge financial liability that cannot be discharged through bankruptcy.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
IC B2

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1minute, 62 invisible), 14,052 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,281
Posts18,545,107
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.