-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It appears to be a case of "justfiable dogicide" to me.

My first reaction to the video was .........nice shot officer!

Looked like a head shot to me the way the dog piled up so fast after the shot.

That sweet animal loving owner probably allowed the friggin' unrestrained mutt to intimidate the crap out of delivery men, postal workers or anyone else passing by, but this time the victim had a gun and used it!

I say hurrah to him........

At least there's one less ill-trained, hammerhead mutt around that humans have to deal with...........now what can be done about the owner?

She should at least be made to pay for the bullet the cop was forced to use to dispose of her trash!

Doncha think?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Archerhunter,

I would tend to agree with you. I'm aware of home security systems where the cameras inside are controlled by motion and accessible on-line. I'm sure you could do the same externally.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Security cameras are everywhere because we need them.A buddy of mine builds expensive homes ($750,000 and up).He builds them one at a time and over sees everything including the security systems, cameras and all.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Why was she running video? That's the second time someone has questioned that. Jayzus Kerist...she has a fuggin video security system in her house that records probaby among other things, the front drive! Godalmighty! They are more common than democratic beggars! I know a lot of women who feel more secure with the things, particularly in the country where idiots might come up coz they're lost and want to kill their dogs or rape their butts!

The neat part about security systems with video, is that they capture crimes...like rogue cops who find it easier to unholster a gun and kill someone's dog than open a car door and get back in!

Point being, if you're serving a warrant or questioning someone for official reasons, you can shoot their dog if it attacks. If you haven't got a reason to be on the property other than you sorry azz is lost, (and what kind of cop doesn't know his or her patrol district) you don't have the right to shoot their dog if you have an easy out and a big, 2000 pound steel car is a pretty handy out!

The guy deserves to pay a lot of money for a really long time while he works as a garbage collector!

Hey steelhead...as for being shooting off my mouth, go back and fix your 3rd grade errors in your previous posts. They make you seem kind of stupid.

Dan

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 10/23/08.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Most problems with dogs are the owners.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Cop had no right or reason to be there.

But, trespass laws don't apply to cops (convenient, that).

That said, my dog, my property, and the cop there to "ask directions", expect that it won't be a .40S&W coming back, nor just a video tape that provides evidence.

Getting to be damned typical, and expected.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
What kind of a dog was it?

A dead one.....

Wasn't a HEALER either....

Smart-azz, that was BAD....but...thanks, I needed a laugh, other than the vid that Les sent me. Anyone that needs a good rise....PM Les and have him send you the piece. Just make sure you drag down and release<GRIN>!!

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I ain't worried about spelling issues, the frame of mind is what matters.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Most problems with cops are the individual.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What if I shot a cop's dog for [bleep] and giggles?

It's hard for me to say what I would have done if someone came to my home, uninvited, and shot my dog. I hate to think of what might have happened next.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"In any event, the dog should be controlled or inside a fence, rather than able to charge out to a public road to bite a bicyclist or runner."

No such thing out in the sticks. I don't know about there but all dogs on rural property run loose here. They have a job to do and nobody begrudges them for it. (unless they're car chasers. then of course it's civic responsiblity and duty to "train" them with the door :-)

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

This I can agree with. Same holds true for any group.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My property, yep, but that don't mean a kid selling Thin Mints should be attacked.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
She wasn�t �running the video�. It was a security cam mounted on her house most likely tied in to a dvr.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by GeoW
What if I shot a cop's dog for [bleep] and giggles?

you can't..... why...... why..... WHY, THEY are from the GOVERNMENT, and they are HERE to HELP! If you don't agree, and hold them harmless for whatever they do, they you just must be a criminal.....

Don't believe me? Just ask 'em.

There are VERY damned few I'd trust with me and mine. TLEE, NH K9, EvilTwin, a few I know from elsewhere, and maybe one or three more from here....... and that's it. Those guys knock on my door, they're welcome in to dinner and room/board (not the wife, though...... Scott....... wink. The rest, will get met at the door like anyone else; door cracked, and something cocked and locked in the hand.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
But, trespass laws don't apply to cops (convenient, that).

I'll admit up front I skimmed through the video. There are a lot of people throwing the trespass issue around. In NH, this wouldn't have been one.

George

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

This I can agree with. Same holds true for any group.

George

You know I agree, and you know my opinion of you (as an exception to too damned many in "law enforcement" these days).

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm curious to know how many Google searches of "bad cops", "cops gone wild", "cop shoots dog", "cop didn't shoot dog, girlscout attacked" it takes to find this kind of stuff?....

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
There are VERY damned few I'd trust with me and mine. TLEE, NH K9, EvilTwin, a few I know from elsewhere, and maybe one or three more from here....... and that's it. Those guys knock on my door, they're welcome in to dinner and room/board (not the wife, though...... Scott....... wink. The rest, will get met at the door like anyone else; door cracked, and something cocked and locked in the hand.

VA,
That's some pretty illustrious company you have me mixed up with. Thanks, though!

George

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,830
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.