Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Allen....last year, it was unseasonably cold for that first weekend in December. it could very well be that the temps are higher this year making the outdoor cookouts and the use of their new outdoor set-up plenty comfortable.

With Pat's pig cooking, I'm sure much of the activity will center around the new outdoor set-up.

Did they have electric outlets around that new outdoor kitchen,Allen? I'll make sure Bobbie-Jo knows to make sure coffee is ready by 5 am,each morning not their 6am or later deal.
I guess with 28 hunters, Johnny and his crew will have to get folks out earlier than 8am anyways.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good news! BYC, another established BBQ expert is joining the group. That leaves us 6 open slots so if you're interested in joining this esteemed group (and myself) drop Bobbie Joe a call at (931)-277-3113 or from their website at http://www.caryonah.com/

Welcome aboard David, looking forward to trying some butt off those big green eggs.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just talked to Bobby Jo, and she is going to donate a 100 pound pig for our cook out. She will have it killed and dressed before we get there so it will be ready to go on Saturday. I will need to know how the cook(s) want it cut up. I kind of figured it would be split, but she will have it done any way the cook(s) want it. Please just let me know.

We do seem to have a tremendous amount of momentum for the Boar Hunt building up. I'm guessing that Christmas will come early- around the second weekend of December, this year.

Steve

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WOW---that's generous! IMHO definitely want to cook that whole or split and on an open fire. A stick burner or cutting up would just not be right. Especially, in an open camp.

ltpowell I understand that you're considered one the Master Chefs for this cook. If needed, I'm available to assist.

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The agony!

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just got a call from Bobby-Jo, who asked again how we wanted it cut up.

I don't remember who was going to take the lead on the cooking, but whoever it was, could you please let me know how it should be cut up?

Thanks,
Steve

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Mac84
The agony!

+++++++++++++++++++++

Yep...having to get permission from a higher ranking officer...IN YOUR OWN HOME...is definitely agony!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The good lieutenant and byc ought confer since they're the experts. Wasn't Pat bringing a rig or was he relying on the camp pit? If so, I think it's going to have to be cut up as I don't believe they yet have a huge outdoor fire pit. Not sure,though.

Last edited by isaac; 08/30/09.

William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PM sent to Pat----stand-by.

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
WOW---that's generous! IMHO definitely want to cook that whole or split and on an open fire. A stick burner or cutting up would just not be right. Especially, in an open camp.

ltpowell I understand that you're considered one the Master Chefs for this cook. If needed, I'm available to assist.

David

I'm with ya' on the whole hog. Fire and some fence is all we need. Split is perfect for me. I'll be "Sous Chef"! I'll mix drinks, stir sauce let you know when you do something wrong! smile
I suspect scalded & scraped is a little much to ask? smile

Last edited by ltppowell; 08/30/09.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shiite! That woman knows who's King. (just don't tell her I said that ok?) LOL

In reality, wifey would let me go but swinging the days off and the scratch to make it happen are the stumbling blocks.

I Burn While I See
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Don't tell me you boys ain't got the details/OT to cover the scratch! If a po' ol' NH cop can swing it, you can grin .
The time I understand, though. I can buy my vacation so I hate to take it. This hog hunt is being brought to you entirely by switching shifts! I'll be working a lot of messed up schedules for a few weeks, but my hunting season is worth it.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Itppowell,
Just sent a msg to Bobby-Jo to have the hog split. You the Man! Let me know if there is anything else you need.

George,
Great that you are joining us.

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
Don't tell me you boys ain't got the details/OT to cover the scratch! If a po' ol' NH cop can swing it, you can grin .
The time I understand, though. I can buy my vacation so I hate to take it. This hog hunt is being brought to you entirely by switching shifts! I'll be working a lot of messed up schedules for a few weeks, but my hunting season is worth it.

George

Shiite George, no matter how much I work or don't work, seems like sumpin pops up and the greenbacks are gone. The scratch is currently laid out for 3 boys playing hockey (one travel) and a daughter in dance. This chit gets expensive. Y'all gotta remember that I'm just a piss ant patrolman. I don't garner the big bucks like the bosses. smile

I Burn While I See
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Itppowell,
Just sent a msg to Bobby-Jo to have the hog split. You the Man! Let me know if there is anything else you need.

George,

Steve

I'm excited to be going. Any body play guitar? I'll bring one.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
seems like sumpin pops up and the greenbacks are gone.
++++++++++++++++++++++++

And your bambinos still have a college education ahead of them too, eh officer?

The greenbacks being gone is a always present dilemma, Mac. You need to learn to set aside some greenies so you can do those things in life to keep you sane so that you can continue to earn that money predestined for folks other than yourself.

Until the peer pressured, "Mac attack" has lifted, I'm optimistically keeping a slot open for you. I gotta feeling your going to grow a man pair before too long...grin

Have you ever listened to "My Way" by Sinatra?

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
George,

I'm so looking forward to having a couple of cops cornered for some cross-exam taunts that I actually have dreams about it. Having Macthere would be great, of course, and it might even out the odds...Although, I doubt it!

William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by isaac
George,

I'm so looking forward to having a couple of cops cornered for some cross-exam taunts that I actually have dreams about it. Having Macthere would be great, of course, and it might even out the odds...Although, I doubt it!

I'm sure even with the Bookers in me that it won't be an issue. I'll go easy on you so you can maintain your professional reputation.

Do you really want to pizz off a pair of cops with that kind of wooded area around wink ?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I don't garner the big bucks like the bosses.

I ain't buyin' it! The kids expensive thing, though, gets you a pass.

George

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if Momma will let me come down to just plain 'ol drink. I could run a camera and follow Bob around all day. Capture nanook on a pig stalk, stumbling and falling along the way. grin

I Burn While I See
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.