Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Please, no one but Lee24 respond to this thread. That's how he has gotten out of debating me on his jet theory of how a blow back firearm works. He ignores what I posted, and latches onto something someone else posted. Lets pin him down. Oh, and if you see Lee24 on another forum, don't debate him, send him to this thread; let's settle this.

If he can beat me in a technical debate, I'm man enough to stand up and say, he's right. But we all know Lee24 isn't.

Okay, Lee24:

You assert that blowback works on the jet force of the expanding gasses when the bullet leaves the barrel. And if you change pressure levels, then you change the jet forces and the gun (your example being the Glock 20 won't work)

My retort was:

1. The Browning Auto 5's bolt is almost all the way back before the shot leaves the barrel, proving it's working completely on the recoil force.

2. Black powder shells top out at 7,000psi, as opposed to the 10,500 of smokeless; yet the Auto 5 will function black powder as smoothly as it functions with smokeless powder, even though the "jet" force is nearly half.

3. Can you point to a single credible published piece of work that supports your theory? I sure can; how 'bout 100 years of gunwriters writing about how blowback autos work. You telling me that in 100 years, no one has ever:
a) caught on to how they "really" work
b) never been challenged by "enlightened" engineers

4. I brought up some SMG's: The thompson and grease gun will begin to open up before a bullet leaves the barrel, but the PPSH41 wont. If you're such a great engineer, tell me why?

All right Lee24, let's have it. Stick to the subject, don't try to divert my attention. Stick purely to the four points and take them apart one by one. Remember, I'm just a high school drop out; how could I ever match wits with someone with a masters in engineering? I should be very easy prey for an intellect such as yours.

(again, a reminder, no one else reply to this thread, and point Lee24 back to this thread on other threads; lets see how much of an engineer he is).

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Sorry for violating your "Lee only" clause, but I feel the need to interject.

I think everyone here should accept the fact that Lee has some psychological issues at play. He clearly is a compulsive liar. I am being very serious.

At first I thought there was a possibility that he simply had an odd sense of humor and was just messing with the forum members. But, after talking to him in private messages, I believe this is not the case. He is just a compulsive liar. I would leave it be and just accept that fact when he posts silly remarks with no basis in reality. He has mental problems. He probably cannot help it.

If needed, I can delete this post if OP wants me to.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
did any of you guys stay awake in the 4th grade?
[Linked Image]

the friction of the bullet passing down the barrel is much greater than the friction of the slide/ bolt group moving in reverse. thats why the sction opens before the bullet exits the muzzle and why the barrel heats quicker than the action/ bolt group.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It doesn't work that way with firearms until one critical thing happens, but I'm not going to state what that is until Lee enters the debate.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Is this the same KevinGibson who just sent me a PM asking for a truce?

hydro,
I answered all your questions directly. You pretended to comprehend. You even apologized. I guess that was all an act. I am not surprised.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no that was me, I like to pretend I'm Kevin Gibson sometimes, makes chicks melt

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
btw that was a funny way to explain your position

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lee24
Is this the same KevinGibson who just sent me a PM asking for a truce?

hydro,
I answered all your questions directly. You pretended to comprehend. You even apologized. I guess that was all an act. I am not surprised.

do you think anybody believes you when you make this stuff up?

can you hear the laughter? or are you just totally batshit?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Steve holds himself out as being a lawyer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it's long past funny, we've entered the arena of sad.

won't be proddin you any, I've lost my appetite for such.

feel for you, even though it's of your own makings

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lee24
Steve holds himself out as being a lawyer.

No, I actually AM a lawyer......its, like, reality......a concept with which you are clearly unfamiliar.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Originally Posted by 1akhunter

There's some serious codependency going on here amongst three or four of our brightest members.

Jeez, guys, think for a moment about the time, the energy and the considerable anger you're devoting to this.

What the hell are you thinking?

- Tom

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Steve, are you telling me your law school class had no engineers, doctors and others who were just taking the law courses without intending to become lawyers? My classes certainly did.

Maybe you can give your cohorts here some free advice on libel.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not another dodge attempt Lee, answer Kevin.
Your twisting in the wind and about to blow away.
Answer Kevin!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What was that law school again?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Mistaken identity is all, issac is the one that isn't a REAL lawyer, not Steve....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Originally Posted by 1akhunter

There's some serious codependency going on here amongst three or four of our brightest members.

Jeez, guys, think for a moment about the time, the energy and the considerable anger you're devoting to this.

What the hell are you thinking?

- Tom

uh, slow weekend?

I should feel bad about fooling with someone with such obvious and serious mental illness, but he's so amusing its hard to quit. I will put him on ignore tomorrow. Promise.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
In my best "Borat" accent.

Steve - you veery smart man!
Heem - not so much...
Vrestle with za peeg - bot get deerty! grin

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
What was that law school again?

It was a very Distinguished school, haven't you ever heard of the Lee24 Fantasy School Of Law? It is located in the same city as the Lee24 Phantom School of Engineering. I mean it's very prestigious and all

Last edited by jwp475; 03/29/09.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If Lee's an engineer then the social problems are understandable.

LOL!!!!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (160user, 22kHornet, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,375 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,094
Posts18,522,187
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.