-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you for your time on this question, I have recently been asked to ship once fired brass to Canada. I have looked up the regs to the best of my ability, and find nothing saying no.. The only thing I have found is an inert, and live round.
Does any one know if there would be any thing I should know about this prior to shipping to Canada?

Thank you for your time again,
Brasshound...

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Shipping empty brass here is not a problem. I have said this before, if you identify the brass, as rifle brass, cartidges, or cases, you may have a problem. If you identify the item as brass samples, or as just brass, they will go through just fine. Double check there are no live primers and ship 'em on up!

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is illegal to ship firearm parts or reloading components including brass,from the U.S.A. to Canada without the proper export permit.The laws that you would be breaking would be American laws.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Holy Crap! I have been getting a fairly regular supply of brass from several sources in the states, and have never had a problem come up on either end! Are the parts still regulated by the value? Or is it now all parts? When did this change?

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/import-importer-eng.htm

From that link
Currently, you do not need an import authorization under Canadian law for non-prohibited firearms or firearm parts. However, you may need one to comply with the laws of the other country. For example, under U.S. law, an export permit is required for all permanent exports of firearms, ammunition, and certain firearm parts.

If you get deeper into the U.S. laws,you will see that the law also applies to ammunition components.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ce_003.htm#ep2041503

I dont know, did I miss something? I have read both the link above, and the link provided by the USP service.

I do not know, you tell me what I read...

Thanks..

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont know, did I miss something? I have read both the link above, and the link provided by the USP service.

grin grin grin

You missed something all right.You are reading the USP mailing rules instead of the ITAR regulations concerning the export of firearms,firearms parts,ammunition,and ammunition components out of the U.S.A.

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
(1) The components, parts, accessories and attachments controlled in this category include, but are not limited to cartridge cases, powder bags (or other propellant charges), bullets, jackets, cores, shells (excluding shotgun shells), projectiles (including canister rounds and submunitions therefor), boosters, firing components therefor, primers, and other detonating devices for the defense articles controlled in this category.
(2) This category does not control cartridge and shell casings that, prior to export, have been rendered useless beyond the possibility of restoration for use as a cartridge or shell casing by means of heating, flame treatment, mangling, crushing, cutting or popping.

Thanks Stugglejumper... I would have never found that link with out your guidence...

Thanks for keeping me out of trouble..

Brasshound..

Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plenty of people do send components from the U.S.A. to Canada illegally and don't get caught,but why take a chance on being charged with federal crimes?Some once fired brass isn't worth a criminal record.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am afraid; most individuals do not even know they are committing a crime.
The USP link should have been more helpful in my opinion..
So much for transparency....

Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The USP link should have been more helpful in my opinion..
So much for transparency.

It is a federal law that covers exporting by any means of shipping,rather than being a mailing restriction.It is perfectly legal to mail brass cases within both the U.S.A. and in Canada,so I can easily understand why it isn't mentioned.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Oh, I understand what you�re saying, but they are both Federal agencies.
You would think they would be inter-connected some how, even if it were just a link to the specifics of international shipping.

Again, Thank you for providing the info.

Brasshound....

Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, I understand what you�re saying, but they are both Federal agencies.

That is the entire problem,the government usually finds a way to screw up most things.Why should anyone even care if an American sends a small amount of brass casings or bullets to a Canadian.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why is it illegal to have a riflescope shipped up to you in Canada? We can buy them in the store, doesn't make any sense. I suppose this nonesense all came about because of 9/11.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why is it illegal to have a riflescope shipped up to you in Canada? We can buy them in the store, doesn't make any sense. I suppose this nonesense all came about because of 9/11.

You can thank Clinton for these laws.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by n007

You can buy them in the store down there, we can buy them in the store up here. WTH can't we ship them back and forth? I have no idea...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What I read about the scope, is any MIL SPEC. Scope was illegal to ship, not a regular scope. It specifically used that as a reference. Basically, any thing GOV. is bad...

Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any scope can be shipped from the States to Canada with the appropriate Canadian import permit and the US export permit...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As far as I know, we can ship scopes and brass from Canada to the US with no permits, but can't bring them into Canada from the US, without permits...dumb.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

415 members (10gaugemag, 14idaho, 16gage, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,989
Posts18,481,059
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.