Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barak

WOW!!! I am impressed!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I don't get it. What am I missing?

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That's what I was thinking. I am also thinking that there are always two sides to every story, so far I have only heard from one side about what went down. I wonder what the sheriff's side of this story is?

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I would enjoy being part of a group of people who can mobilize against the State at a moment's notice. Great things can come from such an organization, I think, in times like these.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I would enjoy being part of a group of people who can mobilize against the State at a moment's notice. Great things can come from such an organization, I think, in times like these.
Maybe if you reproduced the exact part that you think is important. I still don't get it.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NeBassman

That's what I was thinking. I am also thinking that there are always two sides to every story, so far I have only heard from one side about what went down. I wonder what the sheriff's side of this story is?

I don't particularly care what the sheriff's side of the story is.

If his cause is just, I'm sure he'll prevail. On the other hand, if, as I believe is much more likely, his goon was just throwing his weight around trying to intimidate people who were videotaping him, he deserves whatever he gets, and it can't hurt if the word gets out that the next time one of your deputies screws with somebody at a random traffic stop, you might end up having to change all your phone numbers and answer uncomfortably pointed questions on YouTube.

I think this is pretty cool.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Maybe if you reproduced the exact part that you think is important. I still don't get it.

I think the concept is important. I don't mind if you don't get it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't follow it either. Seems to be a story about some bubbas getting busted for drinking beer.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
WOW...This is monumental.

Can't believe it hasn't made the national headlines yet!

Some yahoos pushing their luck and, right or wrong, the deputy called them on it. Now they are paying bond and looking for lawyers.

Yep...real Liberty Movement Einsteins, those 3!

Last edited by isaac; 05/15/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
http://motorhomediaries.com/about/

This is a pretty cool bunch of guys doing what most people only talk about, starting the fire for personal freedom in society, and limiting the out of control government, looks like they got harangued on a traffic stop and it went from bad to worse, however hundreds of people are calling and complaining about the incident, worth looking into

Last edited by zeN; 05/15/09.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think the concept is important.

I agree 100% Barak, there are times we need to be able to stand against abuse of power. If somebody wants to video our guys & gals doing their job the sheriff says SMILE.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
WOW...This is monumental.

Can't believe it hasn't made the national headlines yet!

Some yahoos pushing their luck and, right or wrong, the deputy called them on it. Now they are paying bond and looking for lawyers.

Yep...real Liberty Movement Einsteins, those 3!

It's okay, my friend: I didn't expect you to understand. Not yet, anyway. Probably either you or someone close to you will need to be arrested and manhandled for not hurting anyone first.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm confused, I went to the link but only saw comments, what is the story?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by zeN
http://motorhomediaries.com/about/

This is a pretty cool bunch of guys doing what most people only talk about, starting the fire for personal freedom in society, and limiting the out of control government, looks like they got harangued on a traffic stop and it went from bad to worse, however hundreds of people are calling and complaining about the incident, worth looking into

And I like the way they apparently air-dropped that chick into the midst of the confusion so that they'd have reasonably coherent reports of what was going on and what was needed, rather than having to rely on the Old Media. Hopefully she had a video camera with her too.

These are folks who aren't going to be in the least impressed with official protestations about Department Policy and such, and don't give two whoops whether an official investigation results, because they know what the verdict is when the State investigates the State. They don't need any help from the State at all: if it turns out that the goon with the badge deserves a smackdown, they can make mini Lon Horiuchis out of him and his boss all by themselves.

It's a refreshing break from what H. L. Mencken called Boobus americanus.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
I think the concept is important.

I agree 100% Barak, there are times we need to be able to stand against abuse of power. If somebody wants to video our guys & gals doing their job the sheriff says SMILE.

And the crappy part of it is that I understand how frustrating it must be to have folks shoving video cameras in your face, waiting breathlessly for you to do some little thing they can take completely out of context, blow completely out of proportion, and get you reprimanded or possibly fired. I certainly wouldn't like somebody doing that to me.

It's why I'm such an advocate for privatization of law enforcement. In a private-LE world, there'd probably be some of that, but much less, because the job wouldn't be nearly as adversarial. First of all, the cops would be working directly for their clients, not for the State; secondly, while there'd still be bad guys, they'd actually be bad guys--that is, people who had hurt somebody, not people who had said something, or who had carried something from one place to another, or who had medicated themselves, or who had conducted a voluntary business transaction. It's a lot harder to rouse public ire chasing down a guy who robbed a bank than it is to rouse public ire arresting somebody for having beer in his residence.

But as long as cops work for the State, they're going to have to deal with the consequences that come with being agents of the State, which include video cameras in aggravating places at frustrating times.

Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

If you're not motivated enough to click on the various links and do a little Googling for yourself, then don't worry about it. There are people who are motivated enough, which is what's important.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I think the concept is important. I don't mind if you don't get it.
I think you may have taken my comment the wrong way. Usually, I find your posts thought provoking. Just didn't understand what idea you were meaning to get across this time. You just sort of threw something out there without a lot of development.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Exactly my experience.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10ring1, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,577
Posts18,532,148
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.