Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I just heard the tail end of this on a radio show today. I think they said that the guy was shooting skeet in Turks and Caicos, and left a few shotgun shells in his pocket.

Considering they say firearm possession in the T&C is illegal - shooting skeet there is quite the feat.

Me

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Clearly the punishment fits the crime, gosh, might as well behead the guy, such a heinous crime. Oh, and the real drug and gun smugglers, please use security line bravo and have your cash ready. To the rest of the world, "Turks and Caicos is great, we are tough on crime, please spend your money here."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal
I just heard the tail end of this on a radio show today. I think they said that the guy was shooting skeet in Turks and Caicos, and left a few shotgun shells in his pocket.

Considering they say firearm possession in the T&C is illegal - shooting skeet there is quite the feat.
My guess would be at some kind of licensed club or range where they own the guns.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they wish to be that way about it, let 'em. Just don't go there. Joe Bob nailed it pretty good back on page 3 of this thread. Spread the word to avoid that chithole and the greedy azzwipes that run it. I sure hope that guy can get some help from the U.S. government, but with our current administration I wouldn't expect much. The guy's married to a woman and obviously shoots guns. So he's not in a protected class. Now if he were a transgendered activist lunatic I'm sure the U.S. Government would have him out of there so fast his head would be spinning.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

My guess would be at some kind of licensed club or range where they own the guns.

Turks and Caicos firearms law

As I read this - you must be licensed to purchase or possess ammo and you must be licensed to discharge it.

3. (1) No person (other than a licensed gunsmith in the course of his trade)
shall keep, carry, discharge or use any firearm or ammunition unless he is the
holder of a firearm licence with respect to such firearm, or in case of ammunition
he is the holder of a licence for a firearm which takes that ammunition.

That seems to preclude non-TCI people, non licensed people from possession/use at all due to lack of license.

Me

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I sure am glad Mississippi is different from the eastern states. My wife and I were heading west out of Jackson and TSA called us over - held up a 9mm hollowpoint that had remained in the bottom of her bag after we had cleaned it out and properly packaged her CCW pistol in checked luggage.

He asked, "What would you like to do with this?" Offered to drop it in the trash if we didn't want to take the time to get it into checked luggage.

Just that simple, just that easy on all involved. Yay, Mississippi!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Travel to the islands at your own risk.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

WTF? ? I'm sorry.The guy is a dumb ass. You don't go to Caribbean to shoot skeet. And you sure as hell don't leave shells in your carry on luggage. What a putz.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Still stupid.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by night_owl
Why do people delight in traveling to poor countries where they're disliked / unwelcome.
Sense of arrogant superiority, maybe ?

Warm sandy beaches and drinks with little umbrellas in them.

Turks and Caicos is a cesspool. MANY better places to go.
Yeah, but is it a CHEAP cesspool?

Probably. But, I don't look at costs for a vacation there anymore because I've had many friends go there and tell me what a schithole it was when they got back.
Doan know...
Ain't never been...

Haiti 2.0?

No. Don't think it's that bad, but they view Americana as chickens to be plucked and they are aggressive toward that end.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by night_owl
Why do people delight in traveling to poor countries where they're disliked / unwelcome.
Sense of arrogant superiority, maybe ?

Warm sandy beaches and drinks with little umbrellas in them.

Turks and Caicos is a cesspool. MANY better places to go.
Yeah, but is it a CHEAP cesspool?

Probably. But, I don't look at costs for a vacation there anymore because I've had many friends go there and tell me what a schithole it was when they got back.
Some folks ain't rich like us thought, and have to go where they can afford. grin

Geno, There is so much bad press out there for Turks and Caicos I find it unbelievable that people will still pay to go there from the US.

People still go to parts of Mexico that are cartel controlled. And there's some that still go to the Middle East, Egypt, N Africa, etc.

As much as I'd like to go to some of those places, I'm smart enough to know it likely ain't a good idea if I want to come back.

I hear you. I've been to MX many times, but don't currently have any desire to return. Love the DIY fishing there. I've been many times to places where I may not see another human all day long. It's an incredible experience. But, in terms of risk vs reward, it's just not a good idea any more. Especially since crime and the cartels have become commonplace in tourist areas. I'm more inclined now toward a mountain stream in WY, MT, or river in NC.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On this evening's national news, the guy's wife described them as gold-colored "bullets" in a zip lock bag detected on the way out. Much like the press, I don't think she was bright enough to know the difference. That being, we still don't know if they were empties, loaded rounds, or slugs. Same as CBD oil in Russia. Just don't do that.

I suspect a few $$$ in the right pockets can get him out.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/24/24.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Travel is enlightening. He is now enlightened to the fact that American law stops at the border.
RB

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Stupid is as stupid does...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S

Turks and Caicos firearms law

As I read this - you must be licensed to purchase or possess ammo and you must be licensed to discharge it.

3. (1) No person (other than a licensed gunsmith in the course of his trade)
shall keep, carry, discharge or use any firearm or ammunition unless he is the
holder of a firearm licence with respect to such firearm, or in case of ammunition
he is the holder of a licence for a firearm which takes that ammunition.

That seems to preclude non-TCI people, non licensed people from possession/use at all due to lack of license.

Looks like you are right, I just heard a bit of the discussion on how and why he got busted.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
On this evening's national news, the guy's wife described them as gold-colored "bullets" in a zip lock bag detected on the way out. Much like the press, I don't think she was bright enough to know the difference. That being, we still don't know if they were empties, loaded rounds, or slugs. Same as CBD oil in Russia. Just don't do that.

He's straight so Biden won't help him out. You have to be a pervert to get his attention.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1minute

I reckon it all depends on his political party, skin color or rather he's straight or queer. But then again it's election time so old Biden may act like he cares and help him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
An outstanding student loan would get him diplomatic immunity.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.