Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
She's not ugly.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I agree. Doesn’t appear he was lying...so what’s the problem.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Maj. Gen. Joseph Harrington until last month had commanded U.S. Army Africa from his post in Europe.

Well, there's a big part of the problem............."Leading" from the rear...........on another continent.

If the US Army has to be in a schithole like Africa, its commanding general should be too.

That's not the only one.

United States Africa Command (USAFRICOM) Kelley Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany.
United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) MacDill Air Force Base, Florida.
United States Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM) Doral, Florida.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hitting on one of his Soldiers wives, proves he's a piece of [bleep]. He deserves way worse than he'll ever get.

Last edited by Rogue; 10/16/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jnyork
WASHINGTON — The Army has sacked a two-star general who sent flirty messages to the wife of an enlisted soldier at his post in Italy, including one in which he referred to the woman as a "HOTTIE."

Maj. Gen. Joseph Harrington until last month had commanded U.S. Army Africa from his post in Europe. USA TODAY first reported about the Facebook messages, triggering an inspector general's investigation, Harrington's suspension and now his firing.

Harrington's dismissal was "due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command," Army Col. Patrick Seiber, a spokesman, said in a statement. "The Army has been investigating allegations related to Maj. Gen. Harrington's communications with the spouse of an enlisted soldier; however, since the review of the investigation is still ongoing, we can provide no further comment at this time."

Harrington's removal is likely a career-killer for an officer whose future had seemed bright. He had been a top aide to the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Army Gen. Martin Dempsey.

Like several generals before him who have been snared in sex scandals, Harrington will probably be reassigned until the investigation is complete and then a board of officers will determine the rank in which he last served satisfactorily. That will determine his rank in retirement.

The Army has seen several senior officers felled by scandal in recent years. They include Lt. Gen. Ron Lewis, the former top adviser to then-Defense Secretary Ash Carter, whose lavish tabs at strip bars on an official trip killed his career. He was stripped of a star, as was Maj. Gen. Wayne Grigsby, whose relationship with a subordinate woman drew scrutiny. The Air Force and Navy have seen the careers of senior officer end in disgrace.
A series of incidents

Most recently, the most senior ranks of the Navy have come under scrutiny after it was revealed that the spokesman for the Chief of Naval operations had been allowed to stay on the job after being accused of sexual misconduct while dressed as Santa Claus at an office Christmas party.

That story triggered a call by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., and a member of the Armed Services Committee, for an inspector general's investigation to determine if Navy Adm. John Richardson showed favoritism to his aide, Cdr. Chris Servello.

Harrington and the woman, decades his junior, exchanged dozens of messages, many of them personal and referring to her appearance. He called her a "HOTTIE" in one, and others in which he acknowledged her husband, a sergeant, would not be happy with the relationship.

Harrington also asked her to delete the messages. She didn't, and many of them were shared with USA TODAY.

Until he was suspended, Harrington had the authority to order cases to go to court martial, including those involving sexual assault and harassment, as well as any involving the woman's husband.

Promoted by Tyrant Obama the Liar?

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew about the Central Command, but I thought Southern Command was based in Panama.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
He could not find a woman in Italy? Deserves what he got.

She is Italian according to the Stars and Stripes story.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I knew about the Central Command, but I thought Southern Command was based in Panama.

Southern Command moved from Quarry Heights, in the Canal Zone, to Doral, Florida, in 1997 in anticipation of turning over the canal zone to Panama in 1999.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is what happens when you let your pecker take the lead. I think most of us have done that a time or two, except we tend to do that young and don't have much to loose. By the time you get older you are suppose to learn that your pecker makes bad decisions.

Last edited by Armednfree; 10/19/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,386
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.